the Rift

[OPEN] Outsiders [Exploration]

Biru Posts: 33
Up For Adoption atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 Hands :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Annabelle :: Royal Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Adoptable
After the race at the beach, he had begun to head to the southeast. The smell of others were still bombarding his nostrils with unpleasant scents. So, why not get to the bottom of the stench? As his travels continued, he had came near a cave, and noted that this must be discovered later. Other than that, it was time he approached the boarder of the nearby land. A few, cautious looks into the cave, and he set onward.

As the land drew into view, he stopped near the boarder, well, the invisible line he thought could not be crossed. He stopped, and scanned the area. It was a beautiful scene, lush grasses bent and danced in the waves of the breeze. They whispered to him welcomingly, begging him to come forward. Hesitantly, he stepped forward, breathing in the fresh air, filling his lungs. At the outward breath, a large, deep call resonated from within his chest. He stood unassuming, and ready to ask his questions. He had thought of some creative ones on the way over here, and he intended on asking them. He hoped they would arrive before he had the chance to forget them.

This place, he did not hear described, so, he assumed this was neither the Hidden Falls, or the Worlds Edge. Good, A new, fresh face would be more than welcome in his eyes. Preferably, they would be knowledgeable, and able to give him answers to the questions he needed. However, meeting anyone at this point would bring respite from his idleness.

[ooc:// basically he's meeting/learning about the herds, so anyone willing to come answer his questions, please reply! :)]

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Yet again, she's wading through thoughts thicker than blood, staining her mental legs and holding her back when the wind is throwing sand to her eyes and the heat bakes her within an oven larger than you could find yourself believing in. The border is empty today, and since today is everyday, she can find no reason to have herself wandering beside it. There are no flowers for her to smell and visitors to greet. No one wants to come to the Dragon's Throat, and she finds no reason not to blame them. Who would want to live in a dust bowl?
Sikeax and the rest of her family, that was.
Slow in her pace and deep into her thoughts, thinking through the words of what she had been told and trying to figure out what most meant when they were speaking to her, she may of just cast off the sound to be nothing but a passing bird, or the sound of a family member returning home and announcing their return to the rest of the herd. Her list of friends in the Throat was almost nothing. In sheer curiosity, she picked up to a slow canter and found herself moving along the border and taking her patrol at a greater speed.
In the end, it wasn't a family member. He clung scents to him, and none of those smells were shared by her. Typically, one found standing at the border would be greeted with aggression. Past experiences with the rude greetings from members of the Aurora Basin taught her that it did nothing good for the image of her family.
Whoever he was, he was nothing that she hadn't seen before. If you've seen one, then you've already seen them all. He's patient in her eyes when she slows with an uneasy attitude. Her muscles are tense and her heart offers in a soft reassuring tone that it is fine to act this way. It was only her first time to greet an unknown visitor at the border of her home and she believed that she was taking her actions the right way.
Eye contact is given to him. She finds nothing wrong with his appearance, and while staring, she finds no reason to feel the way she is feeling. She should feel more bold, more willing to speak outwards to someone like this, but her heart is weak and frail with all that has recently occurred and can find nothing better to do than to slide in the pit of her rib cage and sulk.
So much for courage, so much for bravery.
"Hello, visitor. I am Sikeax, of the Dragon's Throat. What may I help you with?"
Her style of approach may not have been the kind that any of the soldiers would take to, but well into the belief that it is easier to take a gentle approach to other, she knows already that her heart is not strong enough to blast hate and disgust at the stranger at first glance.
Everything about her is held high, head held where it seems neither snobby or rude, where she can make him feel as if she takes him as an equal. This is a time for her to learn, and eager as she may be, it's not one that she can fully admit to be prepared for.

@[Biru]
If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Biru Posts: 33
Up For Adoption atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3 Hands :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Annabelle :: Royal Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Adoptable
It wasn't long before someone had arrived, but only one. One, quiet, little unicorn mare like himself. Except she was much younger, she barely looked to be out of her foal hood. Why on earth was someone like her patrolling boarders? Much less greeting a complete stranger, who, without a doubt, would stand much taller and stronger.

Finally she approaches, and looks him in the eyes. He stares back, slowly blinking and watching her own body tick the way she seemed to be watching him. Her eyes bore a faint blue, staring at his own, dark, depressive red ones. She was locked up as tight as he was, baring no emotion, no rage or sadness.

Her voice finally broke into his thinking, it was still childish in a way, but not in an obnoxious way. From a few simple words, he thought her to be intelligent, and one who knows more than her age should. He offered a small smile, and a slight dip of his head, the red and gold horn flashing brightly in the sun. "Greetings young one, why has an elder not followed you?" He questioned, but it was rather ironic. He had no one following him from the day of his birth, only a father who appeared once in his life, a mother he did not know, and an adoptive family who wanted him for his inborn strength. Needless to say, he was always alone. Being alone was the way the world had strengthened him. "My name is Biru, I come seeking questions about this herd land. Am I able to ask you such things?" His voice rolled off his tongue low, cool and friendly. In a way, he felt a sort of kinship with his brethren. He had never met another unicorn quite like himself before, generally they had dainty cloven feet and agile leonine tails. He, like this girl, were born with long locks, and solid rounded hooves. It made him appreciate her more. "Tell me young one, what am I, a warrior, to do here? How would my services be put to use?" He questioned, starting off with the easier of the set of questions.

@[Sikeax] ;; as for her appearance wasn't quite sure about the hooves, so if it's wrong i'll go back in and change :D

Dalibor Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 9 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
redgod
DALIBOR
I am someone to hate

As a soldier, he took his job seriously. Border patrols needed to be conducted regularly and with care to ensure the safety of the herd within. So it was that the much older stallion found two unicorns at his border.

For fuck's sake... he grumbled, swiftly trotting an approach, wings held out from his body slightly in a small amount of threat. Prejudice, really. He hated unicorns.

However, annoyingly, one of them smelled like the Dragon's Throat. Was one of these murderheads part of Throat? Annoying, how tolerant and open this place was. Wise enough to know he should remain silent upon first approach, the rust and white roan pegasus drew closer, listening to the conversation. The male seemed to be inquiring what a soldier would do here, and Dalibor could tell this little one of theirs wasn't a fighter.

"You would become a Spear or a Shield, like myself," he answered, interjecting himself not rudely into the conversation. "You would do what I am doing now, patrolling the border, to keep threats at bay. You would patrol other lands to keep up-to-date on information; conduct spars with other soldiers in the herd; go to war if we are attacked." Dalibor fell silent then, inspecting this outsider. "What brings you to the Dragon's Throat...?" he trailed, well aware of the stallion's name when he spoke it prior, but feeling no inclination to use it.

@[Biru]
@[Sikeax]

"talk talk talk"
Thoughts