the Rift

[OPEN] this land of fog, this land of forest, this land family [Tier II, delsolea]

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

Aurelia
Keep your head up, keep your heart strong.

"talk talk talk"

“A new opportunity. I haven’t had one of those in a long time, especially of this variety,” I smile at the red mare. "Variety can be good, Delly..." I pause for a moment, realizing I have given her a nickname. "If you don't mind me calling you that." My smile beams wider and my pearly white teeth become exposed. They are straight, with not one crooked tooth (except for one in the way back, but no one can see it, so why bring it up?). "I get the feeling of it all from your voice alone,” It pleases me to know that I have been able to be so honest that it spoke volumes in this mare. She honestly believes I am a good girl. Perhaps she is the first to think this, but I am happy to have someone on my side, a friend. I've had a good year of struggle, perhaps it's time to grow up.

"Might you lead the way?"

I nod my head softly to her. "We can fly, so it'll be faster. It would stink to have to be out in the dark. Plus, you'll want to see my home in the light, when the dew glistens on each leave and hugs each piece of bark. At night, you cannot see the vibrant greens of leaves and blue of the sky at night. Of course, some members of the World's Edge must prefer the dark over the light, but there is that type in every herd." I nod as I begin turning away from her. With a swoosh of my wings, and the subtle movement from walk to trot, I let her know we shall be on our way now. Just to make sure she understands I nicker at her. "C'mon! It'll be a fun fly over, and I finally get to stretch my wings!" With that, I bat my wings upon reaching a wider section in the path. I lift off into the air, hoping she'll follow me.

* * * After the Flight, in World's Edge * * *

I land when I start to see the familiar trees and the grey fog. Upon landing, I fold my wings neatly at my sides, not a feather out of place. My long mane is still holding the Earth God's feather in it's clutches... thank goodness. I would not want to disappoint the God by losing his feather. I begin speaking, hoping Delly has already landed. "This is the World's Edge, or what I like to call..." I pause for a moment before continuing. "Home."

ooc:; @[Delsolea] welcome to the World's Edge! You must be accepted by a higher ranked member, who will request the rank change for you! :D Glad you've decided to join us, and you have a lovely character! We can begin this as a new, regular thread, and the Tier II or Tier I member will hop in a little later! I suggest you read this! It's just the Herd Rules, but will be useful for you to know! <3

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Delsolea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
delsolea
the static on your arm - it is the catalyst
Delsolea had never been given a nickname before. The pegasus tilted her head to look at Aurelia with a confused expression on her face, but it was gone as quickly as it had come. The moment she realised that it was just a shortened form of her name, she gave a little chuckle and turned her head away. It was nice being able to relax and be her normal, true self with Aurelia. It was something she was no longer accustomed to and she felt herself feeling a little out of place. It would pass in time.

She then listened intently to what she had to say, as she calls for her to come and to fly with her. Delsolea moved off with the other pegasus easily, longing for a chance to fly again. She had never flown much before truly, never wanting to as keenly, but she had never had the chance to fly with another either.

“I will be right behind you,” she says lightly, as she then shortened her own stride to fall behind Aurelia. She gave her the clearance to fly without her having to worry about where she might be. With one strong leap and a mighty downstroke of her wings, the maroon woman is airborne quickly and on the tail of her, headed to her new home.

Home. Perhaps it will be different to last time. She hoped so, very much.

The flight was a good one, giving her a good vantage point to view the world of Helovia, to see where she might want to try to visit, to be around others. With a little snort, she missed Aurelia’s descending path, too wrapped up in the sights.

Quickly adjusting herself though, she follows the other down to the earth. The World’s Edge unfolded beneath her, the forest growing tall and old, and right along the edge was the large cliff overlooking the great ocean. Delsolea saw the cliff only for a moment, then she was below the trees and landing, with a light touch of hoof and letting her wings fold to her sides.

The word she heard then was home. A home, and she wondered if it was even possible for her anymore.

“Home. I wonder if it will be for me as well, in time,” she says, then looks about. “Are there many others here?”

[ooc] Read and all <3 Many apologies for taking so long to do this, I had my exam and then my weeks off Uni waiting for results, some more bad things happened in family with an uncle in hospital in our town, but hes donig better and now I'm finally feeling more like posting again <33
image by tamme <3

@[Aurelia]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
The sound of wings had stirred Resplendence from her rest by the side of her herb garden. In fact, it stirred her enough to get her to quickly trot towards where the sound was coming from. She wasn't sure if she should be concerned, or if she should just keep moving. So, she decided to call for Valiance in a low whisper. And, as he wiggled his way out of the hole he used as a bed (though not for much longer as he was getting pretty big now), he gave a short grumble of distaste at this whole situation. Muffled speech reached her ears before she sent Valiance to the sky, awaiting the return of the mental images on who was here, at our borders.

What was returned was a mare she thought she'd seen before and one she definitely hadn't. So, she slid in tentatively. Limbs are cautiously moving and trying to make as little noise as possible. However, as the mare falls into the meeting all she can do is peep out a "hello", take in a deep breath, and wait for Valiance to curl up upon her withers. He lets out a warning hiss to the two near his bonded and fluffs up in an attempt to appear far larger than he was.

A few breaths in and Resplendence finally manages to find her voice. "I am Resplendence, one of the Moon Doctors here. May I be of assistance?" Still quiet, shy, meek. But, that was Res in a nutshell and she didn't suppose that would be changing anytime soon.
Resplendence
just in case i say anything brilliant
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
[quote='Aurelia' pid='98556' dateline='1399596331']

Aurelia
Keep your head up, keep your heart strong.

"talk talk talk"

“Home. I wonder if it will be for me as well, in time. Are there many others here?” Immediately, my voice starts after hers finishes. I'm very eager to get her accepted. To prove my worth to the four-two K's. King Kaj, Kahlua, and I've changed queen to kueen so it'd be the for k's instead of the and a q. King Kaj, Kueen Kahlua. Suiting titles for them, in my opinion. "Perhaps it shall be called home soon." I pause for a moment and think about all the members in this herd. Quite a few, but I haven't met all of them. "In all honesty, I've met quite a few residing here, but I'm sure there are more. Plus, more get accepted every day. Like you." I offer a humble smile and add something else. "And we loooove new members. It's like another opportunity to gain a friend, if that makes sense." I giggle softly. Maybe I'm nervous that I'll fuck this up and she'll leave and no one will be impressed with me.

A mare joins us, and the first thing I notice is about her ears. Or lack of an ear, really. I don't see one ear. What happened to it? I wonder if she got really mad one day and tore it off in rage.... or maybe it's a new look. OR maybe she was fighting and a pegasus swooped above her and yanked it off and flew away. Her voice is gentle, like a rose. "I am Resplendence, one of the Moon Doctors here. May I be of assistance?"

"Hello, Resplendence! I'm Aurelia, and this is Delly.. orrr Delsolea. I'm an Acolyte Philosopher, and she is a mare I brought from the Threshold. She wants to join our home, hopefully?" I glance at the red mare. My eyes lingering for the approval of her. Her approval of my words. She wants to join, right? One of my audits flicks backward and the other forward as I wait for some sort of noise from either of them. It doesn't even have to be a noise... a gesture would be perfectly fine.

With a hiss, I see Shilva slithering out of the trees. I let my head drop to her as she decides to curl up in front of my legs. My whiskers sliding across her scales in a sort of greeting. Her beady eyes shut and she seems to fall asleep. I don't question the fact that she falls asleep so quickly. Nor do I question the fact that she somehow found me in this enormous land. It's as if she's connected to me and her brain is a tracking device. With a soft sigh, my head rises to it's previous location and I glance at my friends. Are they okay with having a snake around?

ooc:; @[Delsolea] <33 :\ i think i forgot about Shilva before? >.> lol, how embarrassing. I just added her in her now. XDD

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.