the Rift

[OPEN] off key

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

Her sing song voice echoes amongst the trees, her maw parting And drains a voice that keeps perfect rythm. her slate grey hooves meet the earth with soft thumps, her tail dragging behind her, small peices of moss becoming entangled with it, like when a spiders web captures smaller insects. Her mane drags also, small twigs becoming part of the flowing silky locks every now And then. Her bodice is like a symphony, it all working together in harmony. Her dainty features: just like the softest 'ting' of a bell. Her hooves: the bellowing of a drum. Her facial expressions like that of the brass section, one moment lively, but with the capability to turn somber And dark at any moment. Her orbs: the harp, displaying so much emotion, so much beauty. And lastly, her voice, a soft soprano tone, vocals sweet, words of flattery. Her voice: a violin. A true masterpiece. A symphony. All assets coming together to make something larger, even more beautiful. But it takes just the right soul to pick out the little things, to find And cherish the little things; how the drumming of her hooves are softer, or maybe noticeably louder, how her deep pools, the windows to her soul, lighten And darken, burn with fury or are on the edge of mystery. How her pillars move her swiftly, how her muscles flex with every movement, how her soft locks caress an even softer white And chestnut pelt. Flawless.

But not perfect. In everything, there is a flaw, even if it may seem flawless. She is walking, lost in her hymns when her tassels become tangled with a log, on a thick twig that rises from it. Lurching backward, She winces in pain at the sharp tug. She stands, head low, mane bound to a log much to heavy to lift. A groan escapes her maw, then She let's a whinny flow from her, barrel heaving. Moron She scoffs to herself, displeased with her own ungracefulness.

@[Mauja]
-To start off our rapid posting thread! Would you like to be tagged in every post??(:
(Don't mind tagging me (: )

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts
Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo

He'd been meaning to go to the Edge—to find Kahlua again, say he was ready, face the damn herd and reveal to them, once and for all, that he, too, could make mistakes. That he, too, was afraid of things.

That he, too, had a heart.

But it could easily be the death of him. They were many, he was one; he had Kahlua, but.. she wasn't much of a fighter, was she? So in the end, he had only himself, and while he didn't plan on letting them touch him (because he was innocent, damn it).. when did things ever go according to plan? He'd been somewhere up by the Grove, ambling along, when he realized that there were some things he'd left unfinished. Some things he could not go into such danger without having done; words, words he could not speak, but didn't want to die without having said.

He didn't want to die at all. He didn't plan on dying, and so, those words could remain unsaid, lurking in his mouth but never daring to come out—but he'd had faith in himself before, and look where that had gotten him. Tarnished, and fallen, Mauja had been forced to confront his own mortality too many times. Helovia was a dangerous place, and he was not well-liked in many places, and life was.. he sighed. He'd gone over it a million times before on the way across Helovia, and it never made him any wiser, so why bother going over it again?

A shrill whinny rang through the stillness of the forest.

It caught his attention, piqued his curiosity (any distraction was good), and with Diego ghosting ahead of him he picked another path. It smelled of bear. Old bear, but still. His ears angled back. Better be cautious.

Diego saw her first. She was smaller than him, thin and dainty, her frame not quite filled out—young, then. A glass horn spiraled out from her brow, and her body was covered in patches of chestnut and white. Her head was bowed. Mauja felt like groaning. Was everyone sad these days?

He'd come too close to turn back, but felt rather disinclined to waltz up to her and pretend everything was fine and that he enjoyed chatting it up with strangers. But, still.. he had something to do. Someone to find. And Helovia was vast. He needed a bit of help.

Sighing, he went further on the bear-path, white forelock hanging down over one pale eye, and head tilted. "Is everything alright?" he asked quietly into the heavy weight of the surrounding forest.

[ I prefer to not be tagged ^-^ ]
Mauja
must keep those black wings folded until the time is right
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Hidden Account
Wild.

After several minutes of silence and endless tugging, the child gave up, hanging her head, feeling absolutely helpless and dumb for getting her own hair stuck under some kind of fallen tree. But just as She was on the verge of breaking down, a brute came into sight, bathed in pale tones with dark spots decorating him, topped with a beautiful horn of a blue hue. As he neared, it was apparent that he had seen her, giving a sigh and continuing walking. She tried to tip her head, like She usually does, But had forgotten her hair had become logged under the log, and with her struggle, had become tangled and around every possible area. She watched with a pleading stare as he neared, and as he spoke with quiet vocals, She gazed into his pale blue pool, the other hidden by his light tassels. She smiled slightly and giggled a bit, embarrassed and... Nervous? Wait, what? "Well, not entirely. Somehow my hair is all tangled up in this danger log. " She sighed and yanked away from the log for affect, wincing in pain as her head snapped back downward.

"You look strong, would you mind just... Um, like pushing the log away or something?" She giggled again, quieter this time, her orbs dropping to look upon the earth. She was clearly ashamed of her pathetic situation ."Oh my goodness, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Abishia, from the Falls. And you sir? "

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
Ascended Helovian

en natt så kall och månen den var klar
He could've laughed. Why did this always happen to him? First Brisa (how was she? well, he hoped), and now this stranger girl. Trapped, and unable to get free of their own, needing their knight in shining armoruseless.

He dreamed, idly, of the day he'd have to rescue a stallion.

"Stop that," he said softly as she tugged on her stuck hair. Large, cold hooves brought him closer, his steps gentle and graceful despite the mass he carried; he chose to ignore her girlishness and giggles. He hoped they were nothing more than embarrassment at her own situation. He didn't want them to be anything else.

He didn't see her eyes drop, his own fixed on the mess of her voluminous hair. Mauja had a lot of hair himself, but he was glad it was of a more manageable length—he couldn't recall a time he'd ever been this stuck. Sure, it tangled, and sure, sometimes he stepped on his tail or his mane stuck on something and he had to tear himself free, but he'd never gotten himself this completely trapped. It didn't seem fun, and it seemed kind of painful, and he wondered how on earth she imagined him rolling a log away would get her free, when she'd tangled everything up in it all. He'd just yank her head down even more, or something like that.

Why couldn't these bothersome mares ever be easy to rescue?

She introduced herself was Abishia, from the Falls. Falls? What falls? Briefly, he glanced at her face, then back to the problem at hand. "I am Mauja, of nowhere." It was tempting to say he was no one at all, but he was trying to keep a rein on his bitterness. "And I think it's better to just try and cut your hair free. It's tangled up everywhere." His dark muzzle hovered above the taut chestnut-and-white locks. Oh, if only d'Artagnan had been here: his broken glass horn would've been perfect for this bizarre kind of job.
Se dem brinna över verkan se dem dansa framför bål
Se dem mässa inför satan se dem smida sina stål

Hidden Account
Wild.

He was even larger up close, his hooves making the earth vibrate. She almost shuttered in fear, for he was much larger, and being woven with the log, She was vulnerable. Her heart started to pump wildly at the thought of him taking advantage of her pathetic state, But her worries were put to ease when he spoke, his voice kind, addressing the way She had been tugging at her own locks. She sighed, her lean barrel heaving, ribs showing. She waited patiently while he inspected the hot mess, hoping that he wouldn't just shrug it off and simply walk off. She shut her pools tight for a moment, But then opened them when he spoke his introduction. Of nowhere? I was like that once. She tried to get a look at his face, craning her neck and tilting her head upwards in the process, a small smile on her kissers. Forelock expertly hid the of her faux horn; She had almost perfected the art of keeping it behind the curtain of chestnut and sorrel tassels.

Again She waited for his response, and when he spoke again She snorted. Cut it? Gods, it better not be too short. Her locks were precious to her, as well as the white feather weaved in her mane just above her shoulder. The filly cringed. "Oh dear... Umm... " Her weight shifted nervously, her gaze restlessly flickering about the earth below her. "Well, if there is no other way, I guess we will have to cut it... But with what?" She squeezed her eyes shut for a moment. Then they flew open again. "They should make magic for this..." She mumbled before continuing, "A sharp rock maybe? Like, you could sharpen it by dragging it against another rock or something. " She shrugged, perplexed. "I'm so fucking helpless- " She stood mid-sentence, snapping her jaw shut and shifting her weight again. "Oh my goodness, excuse my language... "

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
Ascended Helovian

en natt så kall och månen den var klar
He was gazing at her hair with a distant look drawn over his face, a certain stillness about him; the wind might shift his hair, his sides heave with slow breaths and lids close when he blinked—but he was glacial, a marble statue left out to weather the storms of the world. He moved to a different rhythm, harkened to a different song, and sometimes he wondered if not some shard of him was separated, embedded on some forlorn shore by another time stream. After all, there was no guarantee that Asni would've seen fit to return him whole, and it did coincide with the time when he'd begun to lose hope and soul.

Still, now was neither the time nor place to lose himself to such thoughts. The idea of cutting her hair didn't seem to appeal to Abishia. He smiled wryly. He wasn't sure he'd approve of the idea either, but he was older and wiser; he knew how it grew, like weeds, and if she would rather keep her precious hair he could leave her to her devices (and demises; there were many ways to die in this godforsaken forest). But, she was spared from some dark and gory doom. He snorted softly. He was getting good at this, saving mares, and was already eying her hair again. "I'm so fucking helpless- Oh my goodness, excuse my language..."

"Hah," he breathed, a short, harsh expelling of air. It tinted the air with white smoke, dissipating quickly in the warm spring air. The trees stood out in starker relief to him, gut growing colder. "Curse all you want. It's not I who will strike you down in this place."

Not telling who would, though. He gave his head a slight shake to dislodge the thoughts, and ignored her restless fidgeting. He had more, ah, important things to do. Gods, there was such an irony to him always having to play savior, and if it hadn't been totally out of his character he probably would've muttered about it under his breath. As it was, he remained stoic and fairly silent, breathing in the warm air and feeling it turn to snow in his lungs. Cold—it was always so cold and dark in this place, full of ice rushing through his veins and dark, dark thoughts.

Frost sprung up along her trapped mane, a rattle and a tinkle as tiny nubs of ice rose from the ground. Mauja narrowed his eyes at it. Frozen things had a way of breaking. Maybe hair would break, too. Fire would be better, though, or a sword-of-a-horn. He lowered his head to where the frost had turned it all white, winding around branches and the log itself. Irma, paler than a ghost, and Diego, her fiery shadow, alighted by his feet. It was strange to see them on the ground, strange to see them doing anything to help, but maybe they, too, knew that the sooner the girl was free, the sooner they, too, were free—of plight, to go seek a certain individual out, take on the world and rise and fall like even the mightiest of stars would do.

Detached, he raised his head again, to peer in silence at Abishia. Meanwhile, the owls began to peck and pull at the frozen strands, slowly but surely breaking their stiff fibers.

[ Note to self: don't ever write when this tired again. xD @[Abishia] tag because it was a while, sorry! ]
Se dem brinna över verkan se dem dansa framför bål
Se dem mässa inför satan se dem smida sina stål