[PRIVATE] when stars are hiding in the clouds; i don't feel them shining

Mermaid Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2hh :: 9 Years Buff: NOVICE
Tzarra
MERMAID
AND WE DANCED LIKE A WAVE ON THE OCEAN, ROMANCED
WE WERE LIARS IN LOVE AND WE DANCED

I have found the sea again and I am both happy and sad in this discovery. For many varied reasons it both calls to me and drives me away. Tonight it has driven me away. So instead I venture back to the high fields at the top of the mountain trail. My first encounter with said trail scared me stiff for it was just such a trail that swallowed me whole and spit me out in this strange place back when I was finally finding my feet in Avenion. I know there was more to it than that, I had the whole cause pinned down in a moment of revelation just before the cold fever took hold of me but I can not recall it all now. If it is truly an important memory for me to have I suppose it will surface again at some point otherwise I will simply continue on as I have been, oblivious to the cause behind my landing here.

Reaching the trail my hooves begin the climb, it is easier this time and I feel no fear of the height as I watch the rocky ground grow more distant below me. There is some added difficulty in the form of late night shadows and my own weariness however so, I take it slow. With a little luck and a little caution I experience no mishaps. Stepping out beneath the night sky I gaze forlornly at where the stars should be. It is a cloudy night and they are all hidden from view. At least the sun will be rising soon. I have not slept at all in these dark hours but that is not unusual for me of late. I have gotten very little sleep since waking from the dreams I should not have dreamed, under the watchful eye of one who had no real reason to be watching me so carefully. Even with all the unlucky strokes that have mangled my otherwise happy life I must remember the good luck that has been mixed in. I could have died were it not for that kind and helpful stranger who I now know as Ruske, and while I may sometimes claim to hate myself I do not really feel that way on my good days and even on my worst I certainly am not ready to give up on life.

Moving beneath the heavy clouds I begin to relax as the tall grass brushes my legs. It is a soothing contact and I walk further than I might have otherwise just to continue feeling it. At last I come to a tree set back towards the mountain face and settle beneath it with one hind leg bent slightly in a resting position. I do not sleep deeply enough to dream but I permit myself to drowse until the sun begin to rise. It is a different sunrise in a different sky, rubbing salt in the wound I opened when I convinced myself that there was no longer any hope of returning home. Still it is beautiful, too beautiful to go unappreciated regardless of what it might mean to me. As I watch a flock of geese soars in from the south making their noisy way through the spreading dawn and I am reminded of the equally noisy feathered creature that accompanied the blue boy (Vadim). There are axian here, as there were in Avenian and yet I remain without mine. I find, somewhat to my surprise, that I had grown very used to his company in our short time together and without him I feel dreadfully, dreadfully alone.

“Oh Alejandro, why couldn’t she have sent you with me?”

SWEPT AWAY FOR A MOMENT BY CHANCE
HTML BY SARAHROO | IMAGE FROM WEHEARTIT

@[Esther]
[Image: 52ebd2e176c2b]
[Image: 525f791c057b6]HP: 60/60
"she came from the sea..."
Global permission granted to do anything at any time with/to Mermaid so long as it is survivable!
Tagging preferences: tag away! | Contact Preferences: PM please!
(Am I being sluggish?  Check my status HERE)
HELOVIA HARD MODE

Esther Posts: 26
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: Four Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily

Esther
Queen of the Stars

Today found me exploring outside of the Basin's safety. So far I had remained only inside the mountain walls, checking out the cold place I had decided to call home. I was thankful everyday that I enjoy the cold and that my genetics help protect me from the elements. As the day moved along, I really got a feel for most of the lands just outside of the Basin. Most were cold, and I felt I would be spending a lot of my time wandering wherever it was cool.

Tonight however, I climbed up the rocky path that lead up the side of the mountain. It was no different than climbing the mountains of the Basin after all. What I was not expecting to find was a beautiful meadow at the top of the path. The grasses are long, but my height keeps them from sweeping along my belly.

My thoughts wander back to the stallion who had brought me to the Basin in the first place. Déodat was handsome, and strong, and powerful.... That was when I saw her. She was grey, almost blending in with the cloud cover up here. However, she did not carry a horn like I do. Maybe she was an equine like my Dad. I heard her voice, it sounded sad “Oh Alejandro, why couldn’t she have sent you with me?” I wonder who Alejandro is, and I can not contain my curiosity, "Are you alright? Who is Alejandro?" Rude? Maybe, but oh well. What's done is done.

"blah blah blah."
@[Mermaid]

[Image: 538046fbcc311]
Please Tag Esther in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Esther at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.