the Rift

As If You Cared

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

Sialia Odele
I must be a shooting star, I cannot stop. I must go in a straight line.

Turmoil, anger, darkness, these emotions where a constant in my deep loathsome soul. I turned my dark head, holding it high. I could smell the others here. I could smell the many scents. I easily came to the conclusion that this was a very often visited place.

I wondered if this land too, worshiped the same gods I had grown up worshiping. Then again, I really only found a liking to one. The moon god. She was brilliant, and dark. Yes, I knew the story of the four siblings, and how they where born. How they created this world. How they created a land in constant war. Helovia. It seemed such a myth, yet as I stood here, I had to wonder, was this it? Was this the land I had heard stories of? That despite it's supposed warring it was also the most beautiful land?

But I had no mind for beauty. I could care less. Sure, my own beauty helped me in some cases. But what else did it do? It was pointless. So, would Helovia be pointless for me? No, because if it warred as the stories said they did, then I would have business. I planned on being a mercenary here. It was all I knew how to do. I had lost, and I had won battles, and I certainly wasn't the best there ever was, but I loved the tear of flesh, and the scent of blood red liquid iron. Hell, I even had a taste for it myself.

I moved forward, my long graceful steps making slight imprints behind me. I glanced around, my royal blue gaze intense. I would not be kind here. I would show no weakness here, I would excel in this land. No, I would not fall for a stallion. Not like the other mares did. I was strong, I was cold. I would be ever hard to catch. I wouldn't fall into that trap that weaklings called love. I had to be a shooting star, I could never stop, I must go across the sky in a straight line.

"blah blah blah."

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
A lone man loved by none:

How long can he live?

The Threshold was a place Torleik hadn't been in some time. Then again, for a small amount of that time, he had been...indisposed and stuck wandering places he did not choose to traverse. It seemed apt, now that Birdsong was upon them, that the Bloodskald should return to the entrance of Helovia and present himself for recruiting.

Right now, he felt they needed soldiers and sneaks - two ranks that could always be more full. Would he find any amongst these trees that would meet his needs? It remained to be seen.

As usual now, Irelyn silently traversed the air, her owl's wings making even her most violent wheeling and careening in the sky as noiseless as a feather striking a pile of down. According to her, there was someone nearby, and a unicorn at that. Useful, to have a companion that could take flight, Torleik decided. His owl-griffin had warned him of nearby others multiple times now, for which he was quite grateful.

He wasn't fond of suddenly being thrust into interaction.

The Basin General caught sight of the traveler through some trees, and projected his voice so that this meeting might begin. "Ho, traveler! What brings you to Helovia?" Similar to a greeting he had used not long ago with a very drug-addled stallion, Torleik felt it appropriate when he did not know anything about the unicorn, equine or pegasus he had just happened to come across.

Now it remained to be seen what he would learn from this one, and whether it would be useful to him.

@[Sialia]

-------------------------------------------------
OOC: Welcome! :D

"talk talk talk"
'Mental talking'
Thoughts

Credits: Image by Eagle
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Nessie

Sialia Odele
My life must be like this, always going up.

I wasn't left to wait for long. Soft footfalls caught my attention, and I turned my bored attention to the sound. Out came a Unicorn, with dual horns, and blue eyes. He was the color of obsidian, with white rabicano markings. His voice traveled across to me, greeting, and asking what brought me here, to Helovia. "Helovia... I thought so." I watched the only slightly taller stallion, thinking of how respond to him.

"What brings me, is what brings most, I suppose." I answered. I had wandered, and this is where it brought me. Maybe most equine where not here to make bloodshed, but, you know, this stallion didn't know that. I moved forward, until I stood directly in front of this unknown stranger. I gave a slight, but formal, bow as I started to introduce myself. "I am Sialia Odele. I do not believe I caught your name, stranger."

I lifted myself up, and watched quietly. While waiting, I flicked my own royal blue eyes about the area. I moved my eyes back. "What herd are you from, hm?" I asked, watching the stallion. He had an air of aloofness about him, and maybe authority as well. He could possibly tell me about his herd, if he had one, and the surrounding area's. I had heard legends about Helovia, but they where just that. Legends. Sure they rang with truth, but things in the world change constantly. Helovia could be completely different than the legends.

@[Torleik]

"blah blah blah."

Torleik

How long can he live?

That this mare was bored was something Torleik could see from the start. That was...interesting, the flatness in her eyes. Usually those who entered Helovia were wide-eyed in wonder, or suspicious of the new land, or curious as to where they'd ended up.

Not this one.

Somehow, she seemed to be expecting him to say that she'd ended up exactly where she'd intended to: Helovia. That made him wary, but Torleik supposed that this land, like any, could be left just as it was entered. He hadn't thought to try until now. The unicorn mare claimed to be brought here by what brought most others, and this struck him.

"And just what is it that brings others?" he queried, watching her observantly for any minor changes in her face, her posture, her voice. As brutish as he could be, Torleik was a thinker before anything else; an observer, not a reactor. She introduced herself as Sialia Odele and noted she had not received his name. No, she hadn't. It was purposeful. "I am Torleik the Bloodskald," he answered, testing out his own title on his tongue for the first time. The words felt strange, to know he had something else to be referred to now, but it was common amongst his people. He'd just never thought to earn a moniker himself. "Most simply refer to me as Torleik. Well met, Sialia," the dual-horned demon rumbled, glacial blue eyes looking over her again, trying to place her and her formality.

She asked what herd he was from, and Torleik cocked his head to the side, studying her more closely. So she knew there were herds here. How much else did she know about this place? Was she here for a reason? Had she been sent by someone? For purpose? Irelyn, curious as to her bonded's curiosity, descended from the sky and landed on Torleik's broad shoulders, peering out with owl-bright eyes at the female.

"??" was the equivalent of Irelyn's wordless, emotion-based query in his mind, and he returned the answer with a mental shrug. Annoyed by her companion's constant lack of answers, the owl-griffin hopped down and approached, assuming all unicorns were friends out of childish misunderstanding of the world, weaving between her hooves and inspecting her from the ground. Giving Torleik a mental shrug of her own, partially out of the intent to be irritating on purpose and partially because she found nothing out of what she would consider ordinary, Irelyn returned to her perch: the dual-horned stallion. Sitting atop his head and crossing her taloned and feathered front limbs, she looked rather self-important as his head decoration. Felines and avians were both rather regal, and combining the two meant it was impossible for Irelyn not to come off as such in moments like these.

"I am part of the Aurora Basin, north of here," the rabicano male answered simply. Why let her know he was mildly suspicious of her? "The herd is comprised of unicorns like us. Tell me, Sialia - what is it you believe you would offer to a herd like the Basin, were you offered a position within the ranks?" Torleik was quite aware his inquiry mirrored that of what Deimos had asked of him before he joined, and he remembered all too well the umbrage he'd taken when asked if he could be useful. He was not doing the same here; he would lead this mare back to the Basin whether she answered if she would be useful or not. He was, however, indulging his curiosity. The Basin General wanted to see what she would say.

And whether he'd like it.

"talk talk talk"
'Mental talking'
Thoughts

No man is an island.

Nessie

Sialia Odele

This stallion interested me. It was an odd feeling, this sudden interest. I was so used to being uninterested in everything. To me, he looked thoughtful.

His question caused a slight smirk to grace my features. "Accident, I guess." I replied. The stallion then replied with his name. Torleik the Bloodskald. So that was what this stallion was called. The words sounded odd coming from his mouth, as if they had not yet fit into place yet.

The Dark stallion then added that most refereed to him as Torleik., and that fit him better. He seemed to be simple, not in the stupid simple minded way, But, more of a get to the point simple. I liked it. It was refreshing. So many who refused to get to the point. It became infuriating. "Yes, Well met Torleik." Then his blue eyes where studying me, and I him. I debated whether or not I could trust this dual horned stud. He couldn't trust me, for certain. But he didn't know that. Then again, he could know, and he could be suspicious, and in that case I was getting rusty.

When I asked which herd he was from he cocked his head. I couldn't quiet figure out what he was looking for. But I could not continue my train of thought, as something caught my eye. A Owl Griffin landed on Torleik's shoulders. For a moment it was silent, then the beautiful creature leap off and come towards me. I lowered my head, and resisted the sudden urge to stomp the creature. But, the creature seemed to study me, and it weaved in and out between my legs. When the small critter stopped, she again took off, returning to Torleik. She looked very important atop his head, and very regal. Despite that I found it comical looking, I stifled the laugh.

But I truly had not seen something so interesting in such a long time. The feeling was so odd. I attempted to return my gaze to the icy blue eyes of Torleik, but I for once found it hard to concentrate. I did however listen intently. "Hm, what could I offer a herd like the Aurora Basin? I can fight, and I will listen to orders. So, I suppose I could be a mighty fine soldier." I just you know, have a nasty lust for power and I may try to over throw the ranked members above me. I had almost stated what was in my head, but decided against it. It was not a good first impression. After all, I didn't want to be unwanted. Even the darkest of souls want to be wanted.

"So, Are you the leader of the Aurora Basin? Or are you a soldier?" I inquired softly. Before glancing at the griffin. "Also, If I may ask, what is your griffins name?" I was curious, and it for once was a innocent curiosity, instead of a morbid one.

In the lands I had been through none of the equine had ever formed relationships between other creatures. It was strange to me, that here they did. It was amazing, and appalling, but how did the relationship work? I had entered this land bored out of my mind, and within five minuets I was already more curious than I had been in years. After my first year, life held no wonder for me any more. This stallion was interesting, and this relationship between him and the griffin was interesting. Then I wondered, where there others like this?

OOC: I hope this is good enough! It's hard getting back into writing.
"blah blah blah."

Torleik

How long can he live?

Accident...mmhhmm... he thought with disbelief that didn't radiate outward from inside his skull. "I see," was the neutral, verbal response. Accident did not seem to be the modus operandi of this particular mare. She seemed too...sure of herself. Too aware. And perhaps that was a good thing, for once, to welcome someone into this land who was not the equivalent of a mewling babe.

Torleik couldn't help that the feeling set him on edge, however, though he knew that many in the Basin gave him the same sensation. He was a forced fit there, a resident by his choice, not by nature of his fitting in. Would this Sialia Odele fit in, or would she be like him: a stranger in a familiar land? They shared pleasantries, aloof but polite, and he inquired as to what would make her useful to the Basin - and in turn, though unspoken, to him.

She claimed she could fight, be a soldier, one who listened to orders well. Listening does not guarantee obedience. "I suppose we will see about that, won't we?" he rumbled. "Lord Deimos and Lady Illynx are the leaders of the Basin, whom I am sure you will meet, should you return with me. I, on the other hand, am the Basin's General. If you choose to be a soldier, you will serve under me." The wording was deliberate.

Torleik's glacial blue eyes flicked up towards the owl-griffin on his head and he kept his expression free from any particular emotion out of practiced self-preservation around mares and stallions he did not trust. "Her name is Irelyn. Have you come across an owl-griffin before? Most do not recognize her as such immediately," he observed. There was more to this mare than she was revealing, and perhaps the subtle hints to this she seemed to be giving off were intentional.

Very well, either way. He would inquire where it interested him or seemed important and leave it be where it did not.

"The Basin would be glad to add another soldier to its ranks. Do you wish to follow me back?" the Bloodskald queried, finding no point in dragging this on longer than it needed to be. Either she would become a good soldier, fill another necessary position, or he would drive her out. Simple as that.

------------------------------------
OOC: You're doing great! :D No worries!

"talk talk talk"
'Mental talking'
Thoughts

No man is an island.

Nessie

Sialia Odele

Obedience, Right with Respect in importance. But could I be obedient? I could try, for a small ammount of time. But I couldn't help my own true nature. I was wicked inside, Not a soldier. I craved power, I craved it like a inmate craves a woman's body.

I could play a part though, at least until I decided to make my move. When I decided that, Who knows, I might get what I want. But I had a problem. This stallion however, may end up in my way, which was a shame. I liked him as much as I could like him. His Griffin too.

I watched as his blue eyes flickered up at her, and then back to me. He repeated her name, and I smiled as he asked if I had came across her kind before. "I've come across many things, Torleik the Bloodskald, Owl-griffins are some of the few. Irelyn. That's a beautiful name."

I felt satisfied by this answer, as I felt I gave just enough away. I also felt that I was still vague and a mystery. But, as my curiosity wore off, the General, stated the Aurora Basin would welcome another soldier to it's ranks, and if I wished to follow him back. I got the sense that he was ready to move on, and wished not to drag out our small talk. I felt the same. I was impatient, and I was ready to see Helovia for all it's glory, and it's darkness too.

"Of course. Lead the way, General."

OOC: Haha, Okay. Cx By the way, I am very happy he doesn't trust Sialia. I wouldn't trust her either >.>'
"blah blah blah."

OOC: :D lol. Yay! I will start up a welcoming thread for you soon, to formally introduce you into the Basin, but I'll go ahead and get you changed from "unclaimed" to Basin membership now so you can post elsewhere if you'd like!

No man is an island.

Nessie
OOC: Allrighty! Sounds good to me :D