the Rift

[PRIVATE] a letter for my queen.

Locket Posts: 74
Up For Adoption atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Teppei :: Giant Panda :: Stormcall Adoptable
[Image: 2896539756_0a6f917f54_z.jpg?zz=1]

LOCKET

; there's nothing worth remembering anymore.

Oh Lakota, how hurt I am.

I wait for you, day by day, desperate to see you again, to know you're okay. It pains me so, not to know. Without you, I feel empty, lost. Every time I see someone approaching, I hope to the Gods its you, but it never is. I wait eagerly, desperate to take you in, every last drop of you. I want to the taste of you on my tongue, the sweet scent of you clinging to my nostrils.

All that is on my mind now, is you.

Ever since I saw you in the caves, I've been worrying, thinking, desperately hoping you're still somewhere in Helovia, maybe thinking about me, wondering if I'm still alive, if I still care. I wonder if you don't care anymore, safe in the arms of Ktulu, the mare who's seemingly stolen your heart. It hurts sometimes, knowing that you probably don't feel the same way I do—

Here I wait for you, in a place almost as stunningly beautiful as you— multiple stone pillars hold up a dome of colorful glass, which reflects the sunset's glorious rays. Flowing drapes cover the entrance into the dome, hiding a beautiful view until one steps inside. Crowded around the rotunda are bunches of flowers, adding a beautiful touch to the scene. Beside the rotunda a brook flows, shimmering, reflecting the dancing colors of the sunset. On the opposing side of the bank, there are trees that stoop down, some dipping into the water.

I stand around, jade eyes flickering back and forth, back and forth as I await your appearance, if it is ever to happen. I'm holding onto a thread, slipping further into this hopeless abyss. I try desperately to hold on, but my grip is loosening, I can't keep it forever. But no worries, I won't give up looking for you.

Not yet.
Talk talk talk"
@[Lakota] <33 trying a new perspective for him, please excuse the sloppiness!!

Locket talk :: L = R

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit
Lakota
                     Her smile makes you wonder where she's been

There is nothing left for her to run from, no demons snapping upon her heels or broken memories of relationships she was cursed to ruin. Swept from darkness and doubt with the return of the sun, she had been reunited with the one maiden who made life worth living. The fates had crafted her a perfect fit after Ithrim's death, and perhaps it was her bittersweet reward for making it through her first lover's ending. But even with a home and the potential of family, friends, and kinship...the Poisoner wanted one last trip to assuage her worries. What if she was useless, with the blessing of a medic no longer within her grasp? And if the Edge dwellers did not accept her? The sapphire sweetheart feared the possibility of such a thing, wanting Ktulu to have a home again, and not have to be driven out because of her inherently guarded and venomous nature.

Sighing softly, she peered inwards and knew that while such fears were legitimate, they were also unlikely. Despite this awareness, her mind was fogged, and her frustration with it had reached its peak. And so with a soft explanation and a few lingering nuzzles against her mate, reluctant to leave Ktulu but eager to be free of the borders, she had departed. The Poisoner hadn't intended to go far, but with each step she felt calmer, enjoying the lighthearted exploration with Aodaun at her side. He gazed up at her, bright lime eyes loving, and she smiled down at him in return.

As her gaze slid away, she frowned softly at the horizon, which was spilling vibrant hues of orange and pink across the traditionally cerulean expanse. Time had slipped by quickly, despite their brisk pace, and she knew Ktulu would worry if she was not back before the lunar sphere rose to her peak. Humming softly to herself in contemplation, she flicked her tail, sending a gleam of color down the silken black threads. "We'll head home after seeing the Rotunda, maybe?" She glanced down at Aodaun, awaiting his answer and laughing delightedly when he answered with a throaty bark that was sure to echo alongside her chiming laughter. They did not desire to conceal themselves, after all. Let passerby stare or startle, let them seek out the bonded pair, the blue babe did not fear their judgement nor their annoyance.

Instead, the two gaze upon the structure itself, new to their eyes. Lakota gasps softly at the explosion of color reflected in the pales of the stone, the kaleidoscope floor, the gleaming threads of precious ore intertwined in the heart of the structure's material. They are on the opposite side of the creek that the structure is astride, but it is a minor obstacle at best, and with a delighted sound she lifted her legs and began to prance towards the shimmering stretch of happily gurgling water. Aodaun is making an odd, amusing sound half between roaring and growling as he lopes beside her. She can't help the laughter that falls from her lips at the sound, effervescent and carefree like golden bubbles trailing out of a child's wand. After all, there's nobody around to judge her, and as the pair crash wildly into the water she muses that even if there was she wouldn't have cared.

If they were so stupid as to assume a strong, naturally cold persona could not cry and laugh with ease like any naive youth, it was not her problem. They were all mortal, after all. Polar prince at her side they drift through the water together, just deep enough for her hooves to lift from the earth as they stride about with strong kicks. They float languidly along, completely oblivious to the stallion gazing out into the distance, hidden by the lengthening shadows and the obstruction of the rotunda.

Credits

LOCKET

The way I see it, we're all where we are at a certain time for a certain reason.

Fate, as most seem to call it. Others call it Chance, or Luck, some even call it Coincidence, but I stick to call it Fate. So it's here that Fate does its duty, and leads you straight to me. I can hear you laughing, splashing through the water, your white guardian beside you. I dare to walk around the Rotunda to look at you crossing the creek, my heart warming almost instantly. I want to dash to your side but instead wait, ears twitching anxiously as I watch you come closer to me, excitement coursing within my bones.

I can't tell if you've noticed me or not, so I offer a nicker, a deep yet sweet call for you to hear, to bring your attention to me. I take a brave step into the luke warm water and wait for you, a smile crawling across my white lips. Gods I've missed you, and watching the afternoon rays of light beam down upon you through the trees, it makes me want to fall heavily before you, into your arms.

"Lakota! My Gods it's great to know you're okay." I step forward to meet you, and to touch my muzzle to your cheek if you allow. I'm over flowing with joy, the fact that you're seemingly okay makes me feel much better. "I haven't seen you in so long. Are you okay?" I look her over quickly, stopping every once and a while to stare into her eyes, those violet eyes that made me want to melt away into the water and flow down river. "Is uh— Ktulu okay?" I pause, then add in, "are you still with the Foothills?"

I don't know what else to say. I've been fumbling over my words, trying to breathe deeply and calm myself down, but with you before me it's difficult to do. All I can think about is you.
Talk talk talk"
[oy so short >.<;; sorry bout that... and awkward first person is awkward.]

Lakota

Inky tendrils drift through the water like a cloud as the pair float pleasantly together, enjoying the respite from the warm climate as the cool water lapped at them like an affectionate animal. Both were broken from their reverie by a soft sound, a nicker from the shore lifting ebony harks as plum orbs shifted to comb the grass they were drifting towards. It's a familiar design that meets her eyes, a face well remembered, pale cheeks and curved horn. Blinking suddenly wide eyes she kicks forward until her hooves touch the malleable sand below, awkwardly stumbling up the shallow bank as it attempts to mold beneath her weight, lurching onto the hardier stone beside Aodaun where Locket has approached into the water.

"Locket?"

In response to her bewildered calling of his name he responds with her own, exuberant and lively, as if she is the zenith of his day. So stunned is she to see he is alive, that he has not dissolved like a saturated memory after their time in the Sanctuary, she couldn't have moved away from his touch even if she'd wanted to. Regardless she turns to brush her own muzzle in a brief kiss to his cheek, returning the soft touch. It's a relief to see yet another friend alive and well after the events of the wraiths, only improving her day further.

Words tumble from his lips continuously and she's taken by surprise, still shocked to see him in good health, rushing to collect her thoughts. "I...yes, yes of course I'm alright." Aodaun growls quietly in disapproval of this blatant lie, the scar Ktulu had left upon her hide conspicuous and gruesome to any who knew her body well. She shifts to try and conceal it, not wanting to be caught in her own automatic lie. After all, she was fine in that moment, so she didn't see why it would matter, regardless of what Aodaun thought.

The irony that he asked after Ktulu was strong, especially after she'd been so consumed with the recent thoughts of the scar and whom had placed it upon her. "She's well, I managed to heal her." Humming softly in her throat she thought of her mate lovingly, wondering where she was that moment. A smile curves dark lips and she laughs softly as her crown swings to and fro in a negative to his next question. "No, I reside in the World's Edge with Archibald and Ktulu now. And you? Have you found a home again?" It's odd to ask him such a thing, standing together in the water face to face, but he is a good soldier and a good soul, and she wants what is best for him. Knows that he would not be content unless he had a job to occupy him, much like herself.

Credits

LOCKET

You call to me, your voice so sweet and tender. My heart bounds through the air, and I would give everything to bound and leap and twirl into your arms, and then to hold you close to me. The news I bring is big, exciting. Almost as exciting as knowing that you are here, alive before me. Your voice is so fragile, and I respond with my own call, eager to see you. You stumble forward upon seeing me, splashing water around everywhere. Oh how beautiful you are in the sunlight that breaks through the tree tops.

I leave a kiss on your cheek, as you do to mine. Where your soft, dark lips have touched my pale cheek burns, tingles with a flurry of feelings. Your hesitant response sends my mind whirling, wondering if you were truly okay. Being fairly larger than you I can see you shift your body, trying to hide something from me, a bleach white brow raising up. "Are you sure you are okay, Lakota?" I ask, peering at you before shaking my head, deciding that whatever it was I would find out sooner or later.

My question about Ktulu is quite courageous. I didn't want to ask about your... your partner, but I suppose it's kind to ask about her. You tell me you've healed her, and I nod, forcing a smile to my face. "Good, that's good." Oh the pain in my heart. I feel like a horn has speared my chest repeatedly, then has been run upwards, to my throat. The pain is immense, because I know how much you love Ktulu. I've seen it— I know it.

You tell me you're in the Edge with Archibald and Ktulu. I smile, remembering Archibald. He was a big, beastly stallion. I respect him, for he is a great warrior. I bob my head gently, recalling his face. I stop and shake it side to side now, because you have asked if I have found a home. "No, I have not. I may just wander here and there for a bit— maybe I will settle down somewhere later on. Maybe I'll join you in the Edge— if it wouldn't be weird... because.. you know.." I stop, glancing around, my voice softening as I speak her name. "... Ktulu" I respect your partner, but it hurts to see you two together. So maybe going to the Edge with you isn't a good idea—

A soft little wail from the Rotunda makes my ears perk, and I turn to the Rotunda, sighing. "Teppei is up—" I turn to you, smiling and motioning with my head. "Come see him." I begin to walk towards the Rotunda, hoping you follow me. Maybe it is here that I will confess to you—

Maybe here I will tell you you're beautiful, under the setting sun's rays. Yes, maybe that is what I shall do. "The Rotunda— quite beautiful isn't it?" Pausing, I turn and smirk at you. "Almost as beautiful as you—" Oh my heart is pounding, prepared to pop out of my rusty chest. I turn away, pushing past the silken curtains and stepping into the Rotunda. Teppei, my newly born companion lays on the ground in a little pile of leaves. I nudge the little one, and he gives a little squeal. I thank the Earth Father for him. I hope that you have followed me into the Rotunda, where the light dances upon the structure, making everything beautiful.
"Talk talk talk"

Lakota

Violet orbs shift away, dancing out of the sincere emerald hold his eyes had on her own. It's obvious in his frown, in the slow, deepened tone of his voice that he does not believe her. Truthfully, he shouldn't, for she was lying through her teeth. So many times she had told Ktulu that it didn't bother her, that she didn't blame her. The former was always true, the latter less so. Nights without her mate's warmth at her side, without the comfort of her presence guarding her through the night, the Poisoner had nightmares. She scoffed at herself upon awakening, shaken, each time. It was ridiculous to fear her mate in such a passionate way, to awaken with scar aching and lungs seized up in a desire to scream out in terror. Dreams, nightmares, where she didn't dodge in time. Where she didn't shove Aodaun away in time. Where either he or she ended up dead at the hands of her beloved mate. It made her twist her spine, face suddenly guarded as she contorted her body farther from Locket's view. She was fine. She was perfectly fine. Why did everyone keep asking if she was fine? She was. Really.

Luckily he seemed to understand her, in some way that most friends did not, and knew not to prod at her more than he already had. Lakota's best defense was offense, after all. The kindly warrior did not deserve the backlash he would face if he attempted to peer into her guarded thoughts. So consumed in her own defensive attempts at reassuring herself, she is blind to his discomfort, to the strained tone of his smile. Suddenly she regrets leaving, regrets not staying at Ktulu's side, for she instantly wants her mate there with her. Knows that the Constrictor would be able to tell in a second how Kota was really feeling, how her mind was suddenly scattered and frantic, and would hold her close and push her until she broke. Because no matter how much Lakota snapped and bit and screamed at her, Ktulu knew it was just a barrier, a desperate attempt at protecting herself. And once Ktulu managed to get through it, managed to make Kota crumble, she wouldn't have meant any of it. She would help build her back up, just as Lakota would always do for her. She needed that in that moment, and Aodaun whined softly as she tried to clamp down on her suddenly erratic mood.

What the fuck was wrong with her?

Shaking her head quietly to dispel the mood that was seeping at her skin, she tuned back in to what Locket was doing. Confusion curls her features and she tilts her head naively to the side, unable to connect why Ktulu and Locket would have any sort of problems. "Why would it be weird? What does Ktulu have to do with it? And you shouldn't avoid a good home, a family, because of one individual regardless." Despite her confusion over what her mate had to do with anything, especially his decision to join a herd.

A soft wailing sound touches her harks, making them flit upward in recognition. But...Ao had outgrown such sounds long ago. Did Locket have a young companion of the bear line as well? He gestured her over, turning and calling her once more with his words that time. Teppei? She assumed that was the name of his companion, and nodded quietly as she followed in his footsteps to the Rotunda. Couldn't help as she looked around in awe, dazzled by the array of colors and kaleidoscopic beauty of the temple structure. His words put into sound what she had been unable to convey in that lingering moment of transcendence, and she nodded once more, a breathy sigh escaping her. "It's...amazing." Truly not strong enough a word to fit the structure, but it's all she could bring to mind as she glanced around at the colors that swirled around her. The stone is odd beneath her hooves, but the cadence is beautiful, a tempo to her steps.

His next words catch her off guard, and she turns with wide eyes to stare at him, breath caught in her throat. "Excuse me?" It's said in a simplistic, shocked manner. Shyness creeps on her cheeks, coloring her skin beneath the covering of her deep sapphire face. After all, she has been complimented before, and she does not see the intentions behind his words. Doesn't realize what he means to say, the words between the lines. Ducks her head and taps a hoof uncertainly against the beautiful floor. "I...thank you. You are very handsome yourself, Locket." Her tone is overwhelmingly sincere, and she casts her gaze up at him through thick lashes, smiling crookedly, uncertainly. Seeking an escape from her embarrassment, she glances over at tiny Teppei, and smiles. "He is beautiful. I remember when Aodaun was that small," she laughed softly, gaze gentle as she looked upon the tiny form, motherly even.

Credits

LOCKET

I want to poke and prod and probe at her when she spoke. The hesitation, the pitch of your voice, the shifting of your weight. It concerned me, but I do not bother you. I didn't want to upset you too much. I frown, looking at you with concern painted on my face. I care for you, and I found it odd that you act this way towards me. Did you not trust me? Did you think I would go crazy if I found out whatever it is? I erase the look off of my face, placing joy onto my face instead. I was still happy to see you, but I'm was aching to you what happened while I was away.

Flicking back my ears, I look down at my hooves, mumbling with embarrassment. "Well 'cause Ktulu may get a little protective.. and you and her—" My face is burning as I shyly glance up towards your beautiful violet eyes, quickly withdrawing and looking back down at my cloven hooves.

You seem confused when I mention Teppei, and when you hear his small squeals. Joy fills my body as I begin to stride towards the Rotunda, excited to show you my newly gained friend. He was small, still fragile, far away from adulthood. You follow me, our own little game of follow the leader. We walk together to the entrance of the Rotunda, a big, cheesy grin planted on my features.

What I say clearly takes you by surprise, you turn towards me and stare, eyes wide. You part your lips and speak only two words. I frown, looking away. "S-sorry... I'll shut up now—" Stupid stupid stupid! I scold myself, wanting to find a tree and hit my head against it for a while. Gods I was such an idiot! My heart has taken a daring leap from my chest and straight towards you, tearing a hole in my rusty breast. I cringe as your two words echo through my head. I hear your voice piping up again, and look at you as you duck and tap your hoof against the stone floor of the Rotunda. You compliment me, but your words are almost suffocating me with sincerity. I flick back an ear, looking down at you and your crooked grin. I smile at you, a true smile as I look deeply into your violet eyes that take me to an eternity of nothing but you and me.

Past the silken curtains that cover the entrance to the Rotunda, we together view the beautiful structure from the inside. Light from the sun dances upon the stained glass, which beams down colored rays upon the inside. On your coat different hues waltz, a few of them shining into your violet eyes. You glance towards Teppei, trying to switch the subject as fast as you can. "He is beautiful. I remember when Aodaun was that small." You laugh lightly, like doves cooing in the night, like angels singing in the heavens, your laugh sweeps my heart away, carrying it to a distant land. "It will be a long while before Teppei is as big as Aodaun—" The tiny thing of black and white squeals as I bend down again to press my muzzle to his warm side, eyes squeezed shut and little paws thrashing. What a little mess this one will be.

I look at you, sparking an odd, not really related question. "Do you ever want children?" I look at you, curious. If you ask, I'll just use Teppei as a reason for me asking this. Really I just want to know so I can avoid you when you and Ktulu have little ones to take care of, little foals that will trample all over my hopes and crush my heart between their little gums. Oh gods that would be aweful. Lakota, never have children— for my sake.

Talk talk talk"

Lakota

She's not blind to the concern flooding his face. It's blatantly obvious, and yet she doesn't change her stance on the matter. It's a sensitive topic, and the tension between Ktulu and Locket was oddly palpable at times. Lakota didn't understand what had turned their once amicable relationship sour, but she didn't want to give Locket any more reason to dislike Ktulu than necessary. She suspected Locket wouldn't comprehend how or why Lakota had forgiven Ktulu. Even though he'd been present to see her mate get turned into a wraith. And it seemed the maiden was no closer to figuring out why they disliked each other so strongly, Locket seemed embarrassed and secretive about the entire topic.

Lakota arched a brow at him, tiara tilting to the side to stare inquisitively at him. "Ktulu is always protective of me. I don't understand." Frowning softly, puzzled by his attempt at an explanation, she wondered if something had happened between the two of them without her being aware. What had caused such wary behavior and distrust between once-kin? But he wasn't forthcoming with any further explanations, so she let the matter drop for the moment.

After all, she had a baby panda to introduce herself to.

Not that she could really focus on that, either, with how he took her by surprise with his compliment. And she doesn't know why he looks so panicked and ashamed as he speaks, breaking off when she finally responds with something other than shock. Why did it matter so much how she responded? Especially when the words popped out of her mouth because he'd surprised her? But there was no need to question it, if he wanted to keep evading the serious matters lurking behind her questions. And especially with the comforted, effervescent smile that bloomed on his face as her words registered. Lakota smiled back, feeling a bit overwhelmed by the sincere glow of his handsome features.

Stepping in beside him, she marveled at the beautiful silky feeling of the curtains ghosting in a sweet caress against the sapphire of her skin. It was amazing, truly. Aodaun was entertained by the swirling colors of the floor, until he caught sight of the little panda child. Approaching, he huffed gently at it, sidling closer on his belly like an eager hound. Lakota laughed and called him away, Ao giving a soft whine before clambering obediently to run around between her legs. The cool flooring and the shade of the rotunda was more than appreciated on the hot day, especially for the thickly furred polar prince. Looking down at Teppei, she smiled wistfully. "It will happen far faster than you realize, Locket. They grow up so fast..." she turned her gaze to Aodaun, who had taken to sprawling on the cool floor, staring at her with bright lime eyes. Love you, Kota. Lakota smiled to herself. I love you too, you big lug.

The intimacy of the moment was broken by the question Locket posed, and yet, stuck in the mood of nostalgia and love, she did not find it hard to be truthful as she still looked at her beloved companion. "I want foals more than anything. My family...as a foal my life was hell. But my siblings are the most important things in all of Loorien to me. I want to be a better mother than mine was, I want a large family to sleep with on cold nights and love." Her voice choked up momentarily and she looked away from Aodaun, gazing out over the river wistfully as she took a moment to collect herself.

"Knowing that Ktulu cannot give me them...it's heartbreaking. All I ever wanted...all I ever wanted was to be called mom." Ashamed of her frankness she closed her eyes, a pained expression falling like a broken heart over her beautiful face.

Credits
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

LOCKET

If Ktulu is protective of you, then I am certainly not wanted anywhere near you two or your home. So I will be just an acquaintance to you I suppose, just a friend, a herd mate from your past. I will become just a stranger sooner or later, and these times of smiles and silly little compliments will fade off into the back of your mind, never again to roll past your eyes. Even in death you won't remember these days we spent together, these moments that I for one will hold quite dear to me. I suppose that is just how things work—

Hanging my head slightly, I look back up into your lavender eyes, a slight frown upon your delicate features. "Well.. what I meant to say was... I don't know maybe Ktulu won't like me spending time with you?" I don't want to admit my admiration for you, my liking that has seemed to grow into more of a dangerous addiction. I was a man caged by a drug— you. And admitting to it would be the end of me, those sweet and silly compliments would finally become more than just a whispered few words, but a reality that I both want and do not want.

I do indeed adore watching you step through those curtains, the silken fabrics slipping from your figure in a gentle manner, revealing your curvy roan body in full. My heart skips many a beat as I stare at your soft features, those lavender eyes, losing myself to the trance they pull me into. I smile, watching you look at little Teppei, Aodaun intrigued by the swirling colors reflected upon the stone floor before catching sight of Teppei, huffing about the child and eagerly staring at it. I give a soft laugh, Aodaun moving away and weaving between your dark legs. I watch the pale bear do so, a smile still on my face.

"I suppose they do.." I look at you, joy filling my heart. Maybe one day Teppei will grow old enough to walk beside me and play with Aodaun, and we can stand side by side and laugh about these times where I used to awkwardly trip over my words and give you sheepish grins, burning brightly with embarrassment. Maybe one day—

Letting out a sigh from between my lips, I look at you, wondering what will become of us within that time. Will we remain friends? Will I be pushed away by Ktulu, or will you migrate to my side? No, the latter was impossible. I have seen the way you and Ktulu act with one another. That is true love, love that will last. Shaking my head gently, I hold back the feeling of loss from becoming apparent upon my panda marked face.

I see you, looking down at your companion as you answer the question I had given you. There is truth within your words, and a delicate look in your violet eyes. I cannot help but smile listening to you babble about children, about how you want foals more than anything. I nod my head, closing my eyes gently and opening them to find you looking out upon the river that rages along beside us. The smile fades as you look down, sorrow and loss upon your face as you tell me Ktulu cannot bear you children (no pun intended). "I too want foals and a nice family to cuddle up with on cold, dark nights. I want my children to grow to be well mannered, and treat their peers with respect. I want them to get the full feeling of love and of comfort, of acceptance. I want them to be knowledgeable of the world around them, and know of the gods— and be able to fight for what they believe is right." I mumble, my eyes flickering for a moment as I speak. Beautiful children, two sounds nice to me. Nodding gently, with a calm, serene expression on my face, I look at you and am drawn into a fantasy that brings me to my knees. You and I, children that are ours before us, curled up with Aodaun and an older Teppei. Yes, this is all I want.

I look at you, longing in my green eyes as they lay upon your violet body. "I am sorry that Ktulu cannot bear you children—" I murmur, stopping myself from blurting out anything more that I may regret. I could not say such things to you, not ever, not unless I was desperately needing to. For now, my affection towards you remained with me, unless you had already found yourself seeing the signs. The clumsiness, the silly little compliments, the stuttering— Oh I'm a wreck. How is it I've allowed myself to become this way? I step forward only moments after my words slip from my lips, reaching out to brush my pale, velvety muzzle against your cheek. It was an act of reassurance. "Maybe one day you'll find a way to have that large family you've always dreamed of—" My soft, reassuring words hang for a moment in the air around us, lingering like a warm ray of sunlight shining brightly through the silken curtains.
"Talk talk talk"

Lakota

He is a curious fellow, an evasive one at that, and his clarity has much to be worked on. But Lakota does not comment, though her face must surely display her puzzlement. This was why her mate was another mare; stallions were far too confusing for her. At least she was decently satisfied with his response, nodding subtly in not-so-truthful understanding. Snorting playfully she smirks at him, amused. "Ktulu doesn't like anybody, Locket. And she hardly steals away all of my time." It was true that she spent a large chunk of her time with Ktulu, but certainly not very moment of every day. Why was Locket so reluctant? She didn't recall him being so fearful of the mare he once served when they were both among the Grey.

There was a companionable silence between the two as Aodaun investigated the little thing before sprawling beneath her legs, Lakota fondly regarding the young cub of Locket's. It doesn't last long of course, Locket's museful sighs punctuating Lakota's wistful confession. He has caught her in the oddest of moods, for she is not commonly so open with her innermost thoughts and desires. Any doubts in her head about revealing such intimate thoughts are erased when he speaks, seconding her desires with his own. She merely hums in agreement, having nothing to add to his own personal paradise of the distant future built within his mind. Maybe not so distant for him, for he is a handsome and charming stallion, a rare gem amongst the garbage. Surely some lucky mare would snatch him away and give him the foals he always wanted.

His condolences only make her smile bitterly, for they cannot change anything about her fate nor those of her nonexistent foals. "I doubt there are any other paths, but thank you for your sincerity Locket. You on the other hand have far better chances," she joked, lips twitching into a teasing smirk. She circles him, hooves tapping rhythmically on the stone floor as she pretends to look him over. "You'd certainly be a catch," she cajoles. She makes sure to keep her scarred side away from him, but it's easy enough as she circles him, teasing him. He seemed to be easily flustered and it was amusing. "So why don't you go woo some pretty mare? What's holding you back?" She pauses as she faces him instead of standing beside him, brows drawn close as she tries to figure him out, head tilted. Why didn't he just go out and find one of the millions of mares with broken hearts and do them right?

Credits
Plot with me here!

LOCKET

Giving a slight and soft sigh of relief as you tell me Ktulu hates everyone and hardly takes away your time, I feel a sudden pang of guilt. I was taking away your time by remarking on your beauty, you could be bonding with Aodaun further or telling Ktulu how much you love her, not wasting your time with me. Maybe I should send you off now, but there's so much to talk about, so maybe I'll stay a while longer, as long as you aren't dying of boredom, which I hope you aren't.

The silence is near deafening, the blood in my ears roaring wildly as I stand in the quiet Rotunda. The two bears make no noise, and I feel pressured. How much longer can I hold it in? Seeing you standing there, looking so beautiful with light dancing upon your indigo frame, shadows cast against your perfectly curved body, your sweet nature shining through to me, reaching out as I give a sigh.

I shake my head as you claim there are no other paths to walk along, words that were woven with lies. There were plenty of other paths to walk, but whether you walk them or not is all up to you. "Surely there are other paths—" I look at you, taking in your look, your body, your everything, wishing I could hold you close without worries or fears. But sadly, this is no world where all goes well and everyone gets what they want. It is a world of hardships and pain, but all that we go through, the suffering and fighting to get what we want, it shapes us into who we are as individuals.

I chuckle as you tell me I have better chances. I was not a handsome prince charming, here to sweep any damsel off her feet. Certainly not a stud, I was an unattractive, weak and small stallion that no mare desired. I shake my head as I chuckle, closing my eyes for a brief moment in disbelief. "I don't know what you're talking about." A smile on my face as I look up, noticing you were circling me now, looking me over and murmuring about how I'd be a catch. My ears were burning out of embarrassment, and I was flustered at these words, and the way your violet eyes took me in.

I stop at your words, the blood rushing from my face at your words. How do I tell you that you're the one holding me back, that I've not wooed any mares because I've been waiting for you, or that I've never wooed a mare in my lifetime. "Because there's another mare I'm waiting on, but I think it's becoming pointless because uh... because she doesn't seem to notice me." I confess, looking up to you as I do. My words were shaky and my tone was all over, and I was looking quite nervous. Gods I can't even say these things without wanting to sink back and hide forever. "But I'll just keep waiting, even though I already know she's deeply in love with another—" My voice fades as I realize what I've said. This is a major giveaway, and I pray to the Gods you don't think about what I've said too much.
"Talk talk talk"

Lakota

Whatever pressure Locket detects in the silence that drapes over them like the curtains of the Rotunda is lost on the delicate Poisoner. She is too consumed in her own musings, in the torrent of thoughts that sweep her up like a tidal wave and threaten to drown her. Visions of spindly legged foals, a perfect combination of herself and her mate, running around squealing and laughing innocently. Big doe eyes staring up at her, full of nothing but love and trust. To be gazed upon like a God. Tiny little muzzles smiling, little voices calling her mommy.

Her crown shakes to dispel the illusions that plague her, desire curling fierce in her belly. She'd give anything to have that, but her options are rapidly decreasing. That realization doesn't seem to stop her from wanting, craving, desiring. Aodaun whined at the emotions assaulting him from her end, turning lime eyes to gaze at Lakota with concern. Lakota hushed him softly with a murmur borne from her lips, aurals swiveling only when Locket began to speak. Her smile was wan when she turned it to him, a lost look in her eyes. Lakota appreciated his concern, his desire to comfort her, but she found it hard to believe him.

Their play was enough distraction for her, and she snorted softly when he denied being any sort of what she spoke. "I'm no liar, Locket. You are a wonderful stag," she murmured, turning to level her gaze at him seriously. "Any mare would be lucky to have you, truly. Confidence, bravery...it goes a long way." Ktulu's persistence and blunt nature had been a large part of what made Lakota so enamored with her. Any mare that could walk straight up to the sour Poisoner and tell her, serious as a heart attack, that they loved her, was sexy in her book.

Locket's words brought her back from thoughts of her beloved, and her brow pinched as he spoke, sounding and looking like a terrified lapine. She tried to deny that she was pouting, but in her defense it was a frustrated pout that twisted her features into something far more feminine. "Then make her notice you!" she pressed. Then he rambled on, saying she was already in love with another, and her mind swirled trying to find the right words to comfort him. Completely ignoring Aodaun's sudden huff of realization. Kota... he murmured in her mind. One minute Ao, she hushed. Aodaun frowned and pressed again. Kota, he huffed.

"Then show her that you're better. Confront the lover, or woo her! If you cannot fight for her, who is to say-?" 'OCKET LOVE KOTA. Lakota's words screeched into a fumble of messed lyrics as Aodaun screamed into her head the answer she'd overlooked. Her eyes turned wide and she stared slack-jawed at the panda boy. What...was she supposed to say? Lakota was unsure why Ktulu loved her in the first place, but now more than one soul was enamored with her? What could they possibly see in her?

"Locket," she breathed softly, hooves dancing in soft, nervous clicks on the Rotunda's floor. Not moving away nor moving closer. "Me?" she asked weakly, eyes disbelieving and tortured at the realization that all this time she'd been hurting him. Why her? What was so intriguing about her that he felt drawn into whatever web she'd spun but never realized?

Her heart in her throat, she spun slowly to show the ghastly scar that spanned most of her coat. Turning her crown to stare at him silently, she let him take a long look. "Love...love hurts, Locket. Ktulu did this to me as a wraith. Loving me? It is a death sentence. It is a noose, a dark pit of despair. You don't deserve such an ending, Locket. You are too pure to love someone...something...like me." Slowly she turned once more to settle her eyes upon him the right way, facing him directly. This wasn't something she could run away from.

Ktu not like this, Aodaun grumped, eyeing Locket in a different light. He was probably hoping Ktulu would somehow detect Lakota's distress and come running to chew into him like a squeak toy. Bear toy, he nodded sagely. He was very protective of Lakota, and Locket's confession had upset her. No matter how much he liked the stallion, the moment anyone became a threat they were immediately blacklisted.

Lakota took a deep, shaken breath. "Locket, I'm not trying to reject you in the way you think. Ktulu and I, we're the same kind of fucked up, and we know each other's darkness. That is why we love one another, because for once we found someone who can take that black pit and still love you. But...Locket, I don't think you realize what I am." She was a killer, a mercenary at the core, with an entire book of fucked up childhood memories to go along with it.

Credits
Plot with me here!

LOCKET

I seem to not be your main point of focus, your eyes glazing over, your mind seeming to drift away. I watch you dream, wondering what it is your dreams are, what thoughts cloud your vision, what wishes grasp your mind. I simply stand, waiting for you to regain a sense of reality. While you aren't paying attention I let my jaded gaze wash over you, taking in your curves for yet another time. I was like a hungry predator, taking in these images of beauty and holding them as my own. During times like these I wonder if you're an angel, tossed from your heavenly ranking to live among the mortals.

You shake your crown, dark tassels falling before violet eyes, my jaw threatening to drop open and my eyes widening as the light hits you in a way that makes my skin crawl. Your words ring hollowly through my head, passing through the other side. I don't realize what you've said until a few moments after, my lashes fluttering as I return to the world of the living. "I'm not all that brave—" I murmur, looking down guiltily. I couldn't even admit my liking for you, the way you lure me into this darkness, ensnare me with your elegance, your soft words and delicate figure.

You begin to press me about it, telling me to seek her out, to woo her. My face is burning with guilt, horrifying guilt that washes over me like waves during a storm, pulling me under, filling my lungs with water. I'm choking, trying to keep myself from coughing up the truth. You stop mid sentence and I look up, your eyes wide and maw gaping. "L-Lakota?" I stammer, taking a step closer to make sure you were okay. My name slips out, but a hushed whisper falling form your lips. And then that one word, the word that falls to the floor and shatters. The word that releases a thousand thoughts, a crazed frenzy and panic rushes forward, fear eating away at what remains. I can feel my knees trembling, my legs growing weak beneath me as I gaze into your widened eyes.

"I— I.." Silence falls over me, my chin trembling as I gaze at you, trying to organize myself. I'm a filing cabinet, pushed over with all the files strewn across the floor, messed up and scattered. I can't take my time and pick them up, so I'm left standing in this mess, looking deeply into your violet gaze before dropping my head, shamefully whispering a single word that hurts for me to say. "Y- yes.." I glance up, raising my head but avoiding meeting your gaze. "I just... thought maybe I could push it off and then you wouldn't have to worry about any of this— " Breathe, go on now. "I hoped maybe I could hide it and you could live happily with Ktulu, maybe have that family you really want.." I'm stumbling over my words, clumsily falling over each syllable, tripping over each letter that falls from my lips.

You turn, revealing a scar that is so horrifying to see, I want nothing more than to wrap myself around you, and hearing your words, I can hear the pain in your words, the words that make my stomach twist into knots and my eyes water. "Oh Lakota—" I begin to murmur, blinking back the tears that threaten to run down my cheeks. "I would be willing to take that chance if it meant being close to you, you're an angel." I whisper the last word, our eyes locking as your turn back to face me directly. "I will do anything to get close to an angel, because being beside an angel is the closest I will ever get to touching heaven." My words are uneven, shaky, the knot in my throat making it difficult for me to talk or breathe. I was so shaken up by this change, this sudden turn of events.

You speak again and I shake my head, a silly little smile pulled up from the darkest depths, my features twisting, distorted as I attempt this smile. "I know you love Ktulu, it hurts so much to admit it—" My words are growing faint, my bottom lip trembling as I take a deep breath in. "And I know I cannot give you anything like that, a love that is eternal, that is unconditional. I can only give you silly compliments that you pass off as nothing but kindness, I can give you warmth that you can get from any other stranger. Really I'm not worthy of you, but Ktulu, she is. Cherish what you have with her Lakota, make sure you never let her go." I close my eyes, trying to collect myself, picking up the shattered pieces of my heart, cutting myself on the sharp edges. "I suppose I don't know who you are. I've fallen in love with a stranger—" I pause, my breathing rapid. It is then that I notice that the Rotunda has grown darker, that the sky is grey and clouded, no longer beautiful sunlight glowing radiantly, shining into the Rotunda, but storm clouds that gather above our heads. I can hear the first few patters of rain hitting the stained glass, looking down at you. "But goddammit that stranger I fell in love with was one of a kind. I'm proud that I had such a bittersweet moment with her before she forgets me and moves on while I cling to our past, unable to forget her." I can feel the first wave of tears wash over me as I swallow, the knot in my throat choking me as I cough, suddenly unable to hold it back anymore. "I'm just one big fuck up, aren't I? I mean, I fell for someone I shouldn't have, and now here I am trying to get over it but I just can't do it. I don't think I can." I stammer, shaking my head, curly dark locks falling over my eyes. I want nothing more than to shrink away and cradle these precious memories of our time together while you go off to frolic with your true love.
Talk talk talk"

Lakota

There is only the dizziness that accompanies the stammered title that slides from his lips, her title. There's nothing else she can do, can think of. All the life she'd ever lived, she'd been aware that love wasn't really in the books for her future. Ithrim had been the only one to truly love her, until Lakota had miraculously been granted Ktulu. And even then, she'd had to go through so many trials just to keep the Constrictor at her side. Sure, there was no regret on her end, but...another suitor? It was enough to make her heart drop in a dizzying swirl, falling into an endless pit as her mind swam. How could anybody possibly love her? Ktulu was different, of course. They were so similar, both understood war and death and the pain of being the black sheep, the one with the poor temper and foul personality. But Locket? Locket was sweet, had been tempered by the dissipation of the Grey. He was too pure for her, too untampered with. Locket deserved a sweet mare with soft words and a docile, shy smile. Not...Lakota.

Aodaun growled softly, clearly displeased with her thoughts concerning herself, but Lakota ignored him. No matter how convoluted her thoughts were, Locket's words couldn't go unanswered, and her head shook with a vehement toss of dark locks. "Love is not shameful, Locket. You should never hide it, even if...even if it is affection for someone already taken." Voice trembled and hesitated as she continued on, but she soldiered through it stubbornly, eyes burning with violet fires. But even that could not last in the face of Locket's blatant adoration, and she son recoiled back into her shell of insecure indecisiveness. Such straightforward proclamations...Lakota was left fumbling for words.

In time she found them, and her eyes hardened and face turned to stone, carved from ebony. "I am no angel, Locket. I killed my father, I slaughtered innocent people under his orders to expand our kingdom. I was the reason my first true love was killed in front of me, no matter how I knew he would die I still attempted to pursue a life I didn't deserve. I have poisoned, tortured, and dismembered. I am no angel. I am the closest thing to a devil that can walk this earth, and Ktulu is one of the few strong enough to shoulder the curse that is loving me." For that she loved Ktulu in turn, for not shying away from her bloodied past. For being powerful and stubborn enough to remain with Lakota no matter what. But Locket needed to dispel the idea that Lakota was anything more than a murderer.

She didn't so much as deserve his sympathy, or a second glance, much less his love.

His words fall into self-hatred, degrading himself shameless before her. Sighing she stared down at her hooves, tiring of Aodaun's irritated objections and blocking him from her head. Of course he wouldn't understand, he loved her unconditionally. But even so Lakota couldn't let Locket treat himself as such, not over her.

"You are not a fuck up, Locket. Love...love is the only emotion that is pure, that is untainted. Don't hate yourself for experiencing such an amazing thing, no matter how it turns out. But you cannot hold me on a pedestal I don't belong on...I can't let you love me when I would only ruin you." The storm clouds seem to echo the sentiment, rain washing up and slickening the stone floor, whipping the banners about with the flourishing wind. But her irritation is swept away in the face of his dejected posture, and she nervously reached forth to touch her muzzle to the base of his forehead in hopes of comforting him.

"I will not simply forget you, nor deny your presence simply because you hold feelings for me. That would be cruel and unwarranted. It is a compliment to be loved, is it not? You are my friend, and I will not simply let you dissolve like a once-met acquaintance." Was that soothing in any way, despite the firmness of her tone? Would it comfort him or hurt him to know she wouldn't leave his side? It seemed no matter which path she attempted to take, she would inevitably end up hurting him.

Credits
Plot with me here!