the Rift

[PRIVATE] Wish You Were Here

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

They had threatened, but never fell to the souls below. The heat had become a thing that the world seemed to beg for freedom and relief from with no success. She'd taken time to pray to the Gods, though it left her feeling odd and unnatural. Sand had caked upon her skin when she bathed into the ocean. There was no savior and she was beginning to feel the true effect of her first real Birdsong. The one set in her past was still bathed inside of endless night.
Now, the sunlight is harsh and she finds that time back then a simpler time. It burns into her hide, burns her skin. Her desperate attempt at rolling in the mud did nothing for her, and when she found herself within the shallow pool beside the structure that stood with grace and glamour, it had only begun to leave her body.
Her eyelids grew heavy, body relaxing into a state that she loved beyond understand. There had been times in the past that she questioned if she was meant to be a fish, having gone through some sort of terrible mishap that landed her back into this life. A sigh breaks her and explains her current position of annoyance to the world.
Above, they are still threatening her. Hidden beneath the shade of trees and encased in the cool feeling of water, the herbs threaded into her mane made to be used in their respective purposes, make attempts to flee her. The feathers within her mane cling with some sort of vengenace. When she moves to place her right side on the incline of the creek bed, they hold to her as if their life was to depend on them. She imagines them leaving her, finding a way to escape and leading a life without. She can't make a complaint when the world allows others to go and she refuses to move with the rest.
In the past, the times that she had a full set of memories, she could of been more than eager to leave the rest behind and to set forth, ready to take on the world and fight what monsters that might be out there. Now, her heart wraps itself in barbed wire and tears holes in her rib cage as it goes deeper and deeper into the pit of stomach. What do they call this? Depression? The thought of it happening to her in the past is almost as unbelieveable as that the world existed without sunlight, without the Moon and the stars for such an extended period of time that inhabitants should of dropped dead of stravation. And yet, it still happened with such casual attitude as the rainstorms that happened with each season.
Thunder hits the sky and her eyes shoot up faster than they have before. Once placed against the surface of the water, her head rises up, hair dripping with fleeing beads of water. It hits again and she watches with a blank expression as lightning explodes the sky like a bomb going off.
Rain drops fall and she pulls herself back, presenting a noise of discomfort as one lands into her opened eyes.

OOC: Oh, I typed this up so fast and I doubt it's my best, but I tried!

@[Amara]
If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

I was back to normal now, my joints ache with every step, my vision blurred and my head is still spinning. I can barely fly without falling a few feet every few minutes, or crash landing and sprawling out onto the ground. Sameira felt my pain, for she often howled in moments where my aches were the worst. She whimpered when I winced, and tried to help support me, her large figure was easier to lean against, although the flames that sparked along her markings made me cringe as my skin begins to boil.

I hobble down to a stream, crystal clear water running smoothly down river. I glance over wearily at Sameira, who is standing tall, ears swishing back and forth, nostrils taking in scent. "Sia! Sia!" She bounds into the water, running madly towards a figure illuminated by the lightning that travels through the sky.

I open my eyes to another view, seeing a tattered, beaten champagne figure soaking up the rain pouring from the grey clouds above. Returning to my own sights, I pull myself towards the location of my friend, horrified at what meets my amber eyes. I push myself towards her, tears brewing in my eyes. I scream, my throat screaming as hoarse, dry words slip from my lips. "Sia! Oh Sia, what happened?!" I push my nose towards her cheek, drawing it back and nudging her shoulder. "C'mon get up, lets go." I walk up the slope, shaking myself off once I was out of the water, although the rain continued to soak into my coat. I wait for Sia, staring at her with a concerned expression upon my features.
"words words words"
Image Credits

Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Harsh at first, like a lover with violent tendencies attempting to be kind, the rain finds a peace that allows it to soothe it's anger and relax it's tensed muscles. Lightning shatters the sky and thunder stomps it's feet as if to be a child within a tantrum. All the noise that it offers fills her ears to their breaking points and drowns what else tries to enter. A voice that would be welcomed with open arms and warm hearts cannot make entrance.
Water tosses, she attributes it to being the wraith of the storm unleashing fury to what it is. She's patient in the process of waiting for it to calm, knowing that it would be nothing but just around the bend and there would be serenity, a chance at resting and finding thoughts that could let her breathe a sigh of relief.
Instead, there was no relief coming. It rises and hits her side, slapping her across the face in such an abusive manner that it forces her to lift her head into the air, facing the stinging sensation of raindrops shifting to become thrown knives and illuminated in what is not the low glow of her horn, instead being the explosion of lightning in the sky. Within it all, she catches figures moving towards her.
There should of been better lighting that day. If there had been, she would of easily known who was there, would of reacted in the fashion that should of been used for how her feelings towards Amara were at the moment. Yet because of the lighting, the storm, the pain that the world was more than willing to inflict upon her and the feeling of a heavy heart confused in a sea of suffering, the moment that a touch was placed, she recoiled faster than an injured animal with a history of abuse.
What image came to her and the voice that passed through her thoughts when she recognized was one that should of never been there from the start. It was Amara, yes, her best friend, but now the image of the winged female was nothing but a walking corpse attempting to kill her. A bolt of unseen lightning struck fear and terror into her and sent her to her feet.
The touch placed to her face, to her shoulder, to whatever part of her body had been caressed, burned mentally with pain when physically it was not there. Her stomach recoiled, instantly knotting itself and leaving her in a state of disgust she'd never come to know until this point in time.
In all of her emotions, she fought the rest of the world existed. Standing face to face with her friend, it was easier to see that her friend was all but the normal one that she had known, not the corpse that spoke and moved like a freak of nature and an insult to Death.
"No! Don't. Touch. Me."
They were harsh, taking straight to their purpose in what Sikeax had experienced in the time since she finally awoke to a nightmare and missing memories she was more than desperate to have returned to her. Fury, hatred, agony, it all floods through her veins faster than she can handle it, stepping back into deeper waters when the rain finds a calmer state and the water is nothing but settling with a confused state of mind. She almost falls but having spent so much of her time bound to the water, she's fast to find footing again while driving herself away from what she still see's Amara as.
A monster.
"You're a monster! You're the reason I'm like this! You're the reason I can't stand to take another breath and want to die!"
Somewhere along the line of her yelling, her voice falls weak and sobs coat her throat again. Any of sort of relief that Africa and Sacre had given her in the past Moon fell worthless and used to the floor.
"Do you know what you did to me, you walking corpse, you insult to Death and to all of reality?! I have no memory because of you. Do you know what that feels like? To not know what you've done in the past and having to find out that you tried to kill someone you care about? It's a sick feeling to know it, and you're to blame."
Truthfully, maybe all along, all she wanted was someone to blame her pain and misery on. Amara had come to her first, come to her looking in such a way that would scar her mentally more than watching your parents be murdered before you(as if Sikeax even cared for Adrixaura and Roy: Adrixaura was nothing but a major bitch, and again, like he would always do, Roy had left her alone again to fend for herself.), having made herself the perfect candidate to be the one to take the blame. Now all that was left was to put the blame on the one who needed it put on them.

@[Amara]

Image Credits

you were angels,

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark

She strikes back, spitting at me with words that are like a slap across the face. I frown, looking at her in the darkness. "Sia? What is it?" Squinting to look at her through the rain, I bat my eyes to clear the rain from my lashes and furrow my brows. Why was she acting this way? I'm not any different from the last time I saw her. Maybe I look like I had a hangover.. maybe I had crazy eyes... I don't know. I turn to Sameira, who surveys me from afar. "Gone crazy." She mumbles, and I whip around to glare at the dark she-hound. She's not crazy! Sameira stands up, padding over to me and shaking her head. "Is crazy. Got crazy look." I give her a harsh look and she turns away, head swaying side to side. Just go Sameira— I'll call if I need you. No response. I don't bother to look back, instead looking at Sia.

Monster.

The word is spit out of her lips like a bullet, piercing my heart, leaving my mouth gaping, eyes growing with surprise. I have never felt any worse, and I hear her words mock me, suddenly hearing Mommy's voice too, cruel and twisted, in sync with Sia's. "You're the reason I'm like this!" I struggle, trying not to cry as I stand in the freezing rain. Her last three words echo... the last word sticking out the most. Blame— It was always me. I blame myself for Mommy's death, for that poor cat's injury, for Father's absence— for everything. I look at Sia, my stomach turning. I swallow, and the tears spill out as the knot in my throat fades, my body trembling.

"You know what Sia?! All I've ever wanted was to be accepted, not to look like some crazy bitch! But I can't do it! She's constantly there, taunting me, mocking me, telling me it was my fault, blaming me for what happened to her! Do you know how that feels, having your dead mother blame you for killing her? Do you know how that fucking feels?! It feels awful, and listening to your best friend tell you that you're the reason she wants to die—" I've begun to scream now, tears rolling down my cheeks, throat growing hoarse, body tense. "Why are you doing this to me? What have I ever done to you? All I've ever done for you is be kind, I've tried to make you happy when you're down— but now you turn into a bitch and shoot me down by pointing the finger." My words are falling from my lips at great volume, my body shaking with rage and regret, self hatred and a fear that I will never have my best friend back.

"I care so much about you Sia, and seeing you this way— hearing you talk this way — I'm so scared for you Sia." My voice softens, and I sob quietly for a moment, before looking up. "I just want the old Sia back... where have those times gone where we were happy? Where have they gone Sia— where?" I ask, looking at her with a sad expression painted upon my features. I was so hurt, my throat hoarse, body quaking, tears rolling down my cheeks. My body was soaked from the rainfall, my knees unsteady. What the fuck did I do to deserve this?
"words words words"
@[Sikeax]
Image Credits

Mental pain could never be physical pain: a stab to the chest with the usage of a real knife is felt, but the stab to the heart and mind with a said knife is one that cripples and wounds, lacking the ability to kill and cause bloodshed. You can't die from a mental stab wound, but you can make yourself die if it is painful enough.
The one who has received blame clearly didn't want it, was in denial, or was suffering memory loss. Too busy stumbling across her words to find the right thing to say, to see if Amara remembers stepping forth as a corpse and threatening to kill her, Sikeax let's her jaw hang and the words repeatedly take punches to everything that is so weak.
In every bit of reality, she's an abused creature, mainly from her parents, in how they neglected her, but her mind can't take the idea. She's in denial. Neglect turns to mental and emotional abuse, hurt feelings, fear, and depression that was sent to her from Amara, or at least Tamara had kickstarted the chain effect.
"You don't even remember what you did, do you? How beautiful, for you not to remember me laying in the cold snow and you a walking corpse, a fucking dead animal, threatening that you're going to kill me? You did it to me, and I did it to you, as you said.
In all truth, as hateful as it might be, it was the only sensible thing she'd spoken. The storm overhead released lightning, crackling like the Devil who was listening into one hell of juicy fight between two life-long best friends. Howling, adding more to the weather enjoying the sight at hand, the wind sent her soaked hair into her face and strung like scorpions.
"They left when you tried to kill me. That's where they've gone." Everything to her body is aggressive, her voice rough and threatening, her teeth bared when she speaks, ears pinned to the back of her head. She snorts, shaking her head and waving her horn with it, physically putting a warning of 'I'll use it if it comes to it.' "You came to me when I was weak, and instead of offering help as I would of you, you had clear intentions to finish the job. You expect me to trust you after that?"
Her eyes become stones, staring deep into Amara. Why was it then that she wanted Amara to feel every bit of pain she had made her feel? Why did revenge, once so bitter, become sweet, welcome, something she felt she needed to do now?

@[Amara]

Image Credits

you were angels,