the Rift

[OPEN] springtime blues

Wilibald Posts: 44
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 14.0 hh :: 8 years
Sarah

Spring had arrived in Helovia! Or Birdsong or whatever this weird culture that Wilibald had found himself in decided to call their seasons. Today, he didn’t really care about all of that (okay he did but he was ready to pretend) other stuff. It didn’t matter that everyone here was just really weird or that some of them blinded him with their brilliant colours. Did these ‘unicorns’ and ‘pegasus’ pollinate like flowers and require the extra umph to attract gigantic bees?

Oh junipers did he ever not want there to be gigantic bees hiding about here. That definitely should be something worth mentioning. For now, however, the only bees that he had seen were the normal-sized ones – some nice plump bumblebees having woke him up earlier as they bustled about the new blossoms in the little thicket where Wilibald had decided to make his bed each night. There would be strawberries later in the year and even if there weren’t other reasons, that would have been enough to want him to stick around this place a bit longer.

Strawberries were a rare treat in his home because everyone snatched them up quick as you like.

He was rather in love with this place, which was often a source of grumbling because by all reason he should have packed up as soon as he had been greeted in the gloomy forest by an even gloomier looking fellow. Then Midas had found him and brought him here and well, maybe it was the full belly but Wilibald just did not feel like vacating the premises anytime soon.

Well, he did move a little bit at least.

Leaving his bed by the pool, he waded the cool waters until he was in the main meadow of this herd land, where the sun should be shining down but instead a rather dreary sky loomed overhead. Realizing that he would not get the chance to nap in sunlight today, he sat back with a sigh and regarded the mid-morning sky with a most despairing look.

That was not very nice of it, to be so uncooperative. Rain was undoubtedly on the way, likely before the sun reached its peak.

Guess he needed to find something else to do today! Dark brown eyes scanned about the meadow as he maintained his sitting position – knowing full well he’d have to get up soon if only to move to a more private (and comfortable) spot. Rainy day naps could be pleasant, sure, if you had the right nest for it. But he was working on his still! More materials were needed. "This rain is most inconveniently timed." He thought to himself as the first few drops fell, a light - spitting type of rain. Not quite enough to encourage him to move from his stubbornly picked spot.

@[Elsa]
please tag Wilibald in replies
non-lethal force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Elsa's been called worse than a giant bee. Normally it goes along with the line of "birdbrain" but it literally made no sense. Could no one see her wings looked, and felt, nothing like a birds? Sheesh people, you should learn the environment before you try to compare squishy fragile birds with a muscular, strong, flying mammal. She was more closely related to a freaking flying squirrel.

A darkening sky loomed in the springtime air. It clouded the sun, and block the rays from warming the earth. Elsa was thankful, she much preferred colder times to warmer times. She was dreading the impending doom of summer. She figured, since the rain picked up no more than a slight spit, that she might as well find herself a comfortable place to bathe.

Not far from where she was, she recollected a small pool in which she knew she could find respite. Most horses didn't wander into that area, so she figured she'd have more privacy for her little bath-time wishes. Upon reach the spot, she noticed a little pony she had never seen before. For a moment, she thought it to be an almost adult foal, but then from the stoutness and the scent, it was definitely a full grown stallion. Elsa crinkled her nose, damn hormones make every moving male thing smell delicious. Might as well meet the delicious smelling pony.

Elsa meandered forward, and offered a friendly nod. "Mind if I join you, I really need to bathe." She muttered outright and embarrassed. Damned spring made her batshit crazy. "I'm sorry, I forgot my manners. I'm Elsa." She smiled sheepishly and took a few more steps forward, awaiting what the tiny, scentful stallion would say.

"Talking"
@[Wilibald]
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
OXY
"You spin me right round, baby."

Are you following Snowflake? No. Ok. Well... Maybe. But maybe not. Do you really know what you're doing? No is probably the best answer. You're a little high. Or a lot high. Ever since you got this awesome magic where you can shock somebody's brain and make them feel the effects of your locoweed you've been a little... out of it. See, it's so easy to just eat a few plants, wait a while, shock yourself, eat a few more, wander around, sleep, eat, do whatever. It's just... you don't know what to do. You beat the ever living shit out of Eris, and still you wander around, a peon cast under her light. And the two that claim themselves king and queen.... you shake your head. Forget about it. Being high is better.

Anyways, why are you following Snowflake? Maybe sober you could think of lots of different reasons. Maybe you're just being a creep. Maybe you're being paranoid. Maybe you actually enjoy her company, somehow, even though you don't think you'd ever let her get high again. Maybe... maybe you think of her as something special in your life and you want to keep her safe. There are so many possibilities and if you have any idea how to figure out the answer, you don't give one care in the world about it right now.

Barging ever so rudely into the little gathering that has formed here, you stumble around in a rather ungainly manner until you've found some sort of steady stance. On the ground lies the roundest little pile of brown fur you think you've ever seen. “Save some for the rest of us,” you say rather plainly to him, almost arching your brow as you shake your head. Its as though you don't have sins of your own to atone for.

Turning to Snowflake then, making friends with new people like you always manage to do, you spit out a few more lines, just for old times sake. “Don't associate with the commoners Snowflake, you're too good for that.” But then, aren't you one of the commoners? Your ribs show through your skin as you take a deep breath. You're too skinny. Maybe it's because the little ball of fluff on the ground ate your portion too. The mere thought makes you laugh- a deep sort of rumble that sends you stumbling a few steps to the left and a big glob of drool dripping down from your lips. Yeah... this is going to go great.

Credits: Image by devils-horizon @ DA
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Hidden Account
Sarah

There was just no winning with this place. Either there was a perfectly peaceful and reasonable assortment of colours and number of limbs or there was a pleasant personality. The two never seemed to quite coexist here in Beqanna and, once again, the chubby little pony found himself with quite the odd little collection of faces around him.

This might be the point where we could say ‘what he wouldn’t give for someone his size – just one someone would do’ but we must be realistic. There was a lot that Wilibald would not give up. Mild-mannered and mild-in-appearance company was just going to have to be a rare treat. Rarer, even, than a unicorn!

The first to approach him on this lovely, drizzling day was a vividly pale mare who, rather appropriately, stood out like a snowstorm in the middle of summer. And she had what he considered at the time to be quite the opening line. So she needed to bathe? Well, he wasn’t quite sure what to say about that. The logical thing would be to lean over and get a sniff but that was hardly appropriate! Besides, she apologized right away!

“Oh that’s quite alright dear! The rain does funny things to us all.” ‘Dear’? Well, it seemed appropriate at the time. But before he could continue on and introduce himself, which was what would come next, a rather tall oaf came stumbling into what was bound to be a polite yet odd conversation. Well, not anymore.

Things were taking a rather distastefully impolite turn.

Impolite enough to get Wilibald to stand up. “That is rather rude of you.” Being the only thing that he could think to say – there being no real reason to return the insult. Though certainly there as no shortage food and thus Wilibald had no reason to feel guilty. “I wasn’t aware that I was in the company of royalty?” Although it had started out as a retort, it sort of lost the punch towards the end as he began to question it himself. Was this Elsa a queen? He doubled the oaf was anything special, though he couldn’t quite find a nice way of putting that and so it stayed quietly in his mind. Hardly the most graceful of the giants, was he? Hopefully he wasn’t ill.

@[Elsa]
non-lethal force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Elsa could never be any more, or any less awkward at any given time, especially when people called her "dear". She smiled, and as she was just about to open her mouth again, another, familiar, pungent scent hit her like a train. She turned, open mouthed, to see Oxy approaching, she giggled a little before he even started talking, predicting nearly exactly how his introduction would go.

Within the first few, quick words, Elsa knew he was more than likely higher than a cloud. He had already insulted him in his first sentence, and added pain to injury by continuing. Elsa only shook her head an laughed, trying to convey in a simple giggle that he really meant no harm, or at least she hoped. Otherwise, he really, really, secretly hated her. As she turned to look at him again, she noticed him drooling, and sympathetically, reached over to keep it from staining his face. It was an innocent act, but she had yet to know how he would react, maybe he'd pull his head away and bit her ears off, or maybe he wouldn't care. Either way, she knew he secretly had dreams, but in order to become a leader, you had to look the part.

She turned to face Willibald again nodding. "Well it's a pleasure to meet you Mr..?" Her voice trailed off embarrassed, but quickly recovered. "Don't mind him, he's actually quite nice. And no, i'm no royalty. I'm just... me." She said with a smile, awkwardly looking around the group again not quite sure what to say. "So what brings you guys here today?" She said awkwardly, trying to keep the conversation alive and civil.

"Talking"
Elsa

OXY

As the small, rotund creature rises you don't do much to stifle your grumbling laughter, finding the whole situation entirely ridiculous. You can't even remember the last time you've seen something as absurd. Of course, that probably doesn't have anything to do with the fact that you do your best to drown your memories in a locoweed haze. Whatever. At least you have Elsa on your side in some respects. She's even giggling at you and she hasn't thrown you any entirely rude looks...

Speaking of rude... Your brown eyes roll back to the little pony who has just declared you rude. Of course, you can't be too mad that he's over there stating the obvious. He's never met you before. That you remember. Maybe. How many things happen in a drug induced haze that you never even thought happened? You ponder the idea for a moment and somewhere in the mix your personal space is invaded by an overly-friendly Snowflake. Instinctively, your ears fall back and you narrow your eyes, but for Snowflake, you tolerate her touch. Somehow, the little minx that looks so much like your life ruining ex-friend has captured a tiny part of your heart. You just hope she doesn't try to cuddle up next to you, or something else. You can tolerate her touch but much more than that... It might break your heart to have to bite her.

“I'm not nice,” you pout in retort to Snowflake's words, doing your best to reassure the small pony that you are, indeed, as crotchety as you have come off initially. And then, because you don't really feel like lying and it seems like the appropriately creepy thing to do, you throw in, “I was following you.” Good work. Are you trying to scare off your only friend? You really have some issues you need to work on. No wonder you're a part of the Asylum. And even though offering your name would probably be the appropriately cordial thing to do at this point, conventional has never really been your style. So you just stand here being awkwardly grouchy, swaying slightly back and forth, and wait to see what sort of chaos will ensue.

@[Wilibald]

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Hidden Account
Sarah

“Oh my gosh I am sorry! Forgive my lack of manners. I am Wilibald, son of Hamfast.” Maybe he would’ve remembered to introduce himself if they had not been interrupted in such an unfavourable manner. To her assurances that this new stallion was ‘actually quite nice’ Wilibald remained sceptical and the short little snort he released showed just how disbelieving his was.

Luckily Elsa seemed rather pleasant herself and maybe she could make up for her unfortunate choice of companion. A rather odd couple these two made. Although Wilibald was still offended, he could put that on hold for a moment. Just a moment, mind you. But the way this stallion was swaying did not seem entirely stable – and though the pony wasn’t so small that he would be squashed flat by the oaf if he were to fall, he did not fancy the idea of being in the position where he might have to actually feel obligated to worry about this odd fellow.

“Are you quite alright? You seem a little unsteady on your feet.” ‘A little’ was Wilibald’s way of being polite. For the fourth time in his life he wished he hadn’t been raised so well – he might have found a more creative and insulting way to deal with this stallion. His overall impression of these larger horses had been that they were rather clumsy looking – extra length to their limbs with no apparent benefit. But this… this giant oaf represented rather thoroughly every poor opinion and stereotype that his kind had of the larger folk.

Well, moving on! “Just enjoying this fine spring day.” Well, even with this misty sort of rain – it really wasn’t so bad of a day. “Rather new here, you know, and I’ve quite been avoiding exploring.” And meeting the inhabitants, but he wasn’t about to say that out loud. Not while Elsa seemed pleasant enough but a sideways glance was cast towards the stallion before he returned the question - actually finding himself rather curious as to what these horses did on a day-to-day basis. “What about you? Any grand plans for such a day?”

@[Elsa]

Elsa was surprised that Oxy had let her welcome him. The only thing that kept her from going insane with happiness was he brown pony, Willibald as he now names himself. She dips her head a little in respect, a more broad smile upon her face. Whether it was from the new friend, or Oxy, she could not know. "It's wonderful to meet you Wilibald! And such a unique name. Where did you come from?" Then Oxy suddenly chimes in, claiming he is not at all nice. Elsa sent him a sarcastic glare, her blue eyes trying to pierce his face. He then stated that he was "just following her". That she just let slide, he probably was and that, for some freaky reason, did not at all faze her. "For once will you let me compliment you?" She said, exasperated by his hard-headed attempts to make himself seem like a terrible horse.

Her attention then turned to Wilibald, whose attention was also on Oxy, and his now unsteady feet. "He's just a little different." She said with a smile, sidestepping a little closer in case he decided to take a tumble. At least she could cushion the fall should he take a tumble. That then was when Elsa realized she had basically been replying for him the entire time. "I'm sorry, you probably can just talk for yourself.." She mumbled apologetically, trying to again recover from her awkwardness.

She was glad for the relief of Wilibald's comment about the spring, the weather was always a nice back up conversation. He commented that he had just begun exploring. "Sounds fun! Usually that's what I do, I swear though one day its going to bite me." She laughed, jokingly of course. "Not really, today I have a rather mundane day. Just meandering about, meeting new people. I always like meeting people. I'm too social for my own good." She smile, looking to Oxy then to see if he had any big plans.

"Talking"
Elsa

OXY

The little pony's indignant snort gives you a great deal of pleasure and you sort of guffaw at him as Elsa is responding. It is only out of some mild bit of respect (and a healthy fear that she'll tell the whole world your secret) that you try to keep your voice to a minimum. Of course it doesn't seem to work and she sends you some sort of sarcastic glare and comment anyways which quickly causes your grunting to disappear completely. Somebody should probably hire Elsa to just follow you around because she's about the only one who has any sort of mild control over you. Is it the memories of Kellian or is there actually something special about her? Perhaps it is a little bit of both.

Your musings are interrupted as the pony comments on your wobbly stature. For somebody who has now been verbally assaulted by you twice, he's being absurdly nice. With that in mind, you decide to make this meeting more interesting by turning it into a little game. You're going to see how much you can insult the munchkin before he gets angry, just for shits and giggles. What's he going to do, attack you? You roll your eyes. You can just imagine the little beast trying to take you in a fight. You could even sit on him!

As Elsa apologizes for talking for you, which you weren't really minding at all, you look towards her and even offer a small smile before turning back to the creature. Since your mind is a little slow, the other two get a little ahead of you in their conversation while you're still trying to determine an appropriate jab to really get under the pony's skin. So just as they're finishing talking about plans and exploring and whatever else it is they're doing, you're ready to talk. Good work. “I'm alright enough. So did they hire you to be the court jester? You're not very funny.” Oh, and Elsa did look at you. She probably wants to know what you're going to do. “I think I'll get high.” Will that upset Wilibald? You sure hope so. And so you widen your legs a little to keep yourself from falling and hope that soon he will explode into a small fuzzy ball of indignation. You've been waiting for a good laugh for a long time.