the Rift

[OPEN] Exploring and Alone [Joining?]

Merida Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Three Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Miles :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Emily

Merida
Chase the Wind and Touch the Sky

It's been one crazy journey since I arrived in this place called Helovia. From finding the orb that later hatched open into the cute little creature I know as my little brother Miles, to meeting my Dad. Each day that goes by we grow closer and closer and the bond gets even stronger. I can feel his emotions, and he can feel mine. So today, we are wandering towards what I can only imagine are the herd lands. Miles is snuggled up on my rump, dreaming as far as I can tell. The last few months of wandering have taught me that the Wilds are no place for a filly and her younger fox like brother.

My mind flickers to my Dad, wondering where he had gone after that chance meeting. After all, I couldn't ask him to raise me. I was half grown already... sort of. None of that matters now as I stumble upon a glass wall... Or at least that's what I think this used to be. "Hello? Anyone there?" At the sound of my voice, Miles wakes up and hops down off my backside to stand beside me. He feels nervous, but knows it's best if I have to flee for him to simply hide and wait for me to come back for him. At least we were connected mentally.

Today, we would find safety. Today, we would find a real family to belong to. Maybe, just maybe they can help me find my Uncle Aaron. He's the only family I have to meet.... Maybe he would know more about my mother than my father had... I have to admit, meeting my Dad was a let down. He created me, and left my mother to raise me.... He left her to die bringing me into the world, and that ultimately meant that he left me to die too...

"blah blah blah."

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Word of the Edge must have been getting out because more and more the queen was finding that she did not even have to leave the Edge to go about recruiting new members to her herd. They seemed to be coming to her now, eager and willing to take residence behind the shattered glass wall. This all worked out quite well for the Sunshower, who really needed to be spending more time with her family and less time traipsing off into the wild unknown. At least she had been doing better lately, and it seemed her king had noticed. Ah, she was lucky to have the Stormbringer as her king and... something more than a friend. He held enough strength for both of them.

Ah, and it seemed today would be another of those days for the queen, where a stranger wandered to her border and she had to do nothing but make her way there to greet them. Of course, the queen was not expecting a filly and she couldn't help but sigh softly as she spied the young one through the woods. As much as she enjoyed the company of others, the queen could not help but be put off by foals. Foals were like cages- they trapped you, made you settle down and accumulate responsibility. The queen was a free bird at heart and the very idea of cages (much like her shattered wall) made her shift uneasily. Still, the filly could not be left alone at the border. With nobody else to answer her call, the queen stepped forward.

“Hello friend, I'm Kahlua, queen of the Edge. How can I help you?” The foal's one redeeming feature was her companion, which Kahlua had a dear and utter soft spot for. Lowering her nose to almost touch the ground, Kahlua reached out to towards the pup, an offer of a gentle touch, if the creature would accept it, but not forcing herself upon it. As she raised her head, she realized the creature reminded her very much of Aaron's companion and her eyes turned soft and sad for a moment. They had gotten off on a bad foot, but she had grown to like Aaron very much. It was a great loss to the Edge that he had to go, but she understood that he needed to find happiness. She had that need too.
Kahlua

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Merida
Chase the Wind and Touch the Sky

“Hello friend, I'm Kahlua, queen of the Edge. How can I help you?” Well, that didn't take long at all. My green eyes take the painted mare in. She seemed nice enough, which had Miles crawling out to meet her. Gently he touched the mare's nose, before pulling away and climbing back on top of my back. "Um, nice to meet you Miss Kahlua. I am Merida.... and I was wondering if I could join you... I mean your home.." My voice was calm, I tried to act older than I really am. After all, I do not want the Queen to think I can't handle myself. I am independent, and have been for months now. My size means nothing. I know when to run and when to fight, even if I am mostly running these days.

Miles on the other hand, scrambles up my back and neck to peer out from between my ears. His emerald green eyes watch the painted Queen carefully. I could feel his emotions range from curious to excited and back again. "Oh um, and this is Miles, my bonded.... Not sure what he really is, but he looks kinda like a fox..." I really don't know what Miles is, other than my baby brother and best friend. This bond, was going to be life long. I just wish I understood about it better than I do... I wish he could talk to me like I talk to him. It's annoying sometimes, to have a one sided conversation...

"blah blah blah."

Please Tag Merida in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Merida at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

More than delighted as the pup touched her nose, the queen nickered softly and raised her head as the pup backed away. Returning her gaze down to the foal- the foal that would certainly grow to look down at her some day- the queen listened contented enough to what she had to say. Merdia. Another name to remember, but the Sunshower did not mind. She was good at very little, but remembering names was something that came naturally to her. As for her offer, the queen considered it quietly and watched as the fox jumped up to peer from between the child's ears.

“Miles is a lovely name,” was the first sort of nonsense she sputtered out, nodding her head again to them both before continuing on. “My friend Aaron had a fox like her, I don't suppose I know what she really was either, though,” she chattered on uselessly, then proceeded to laughing brilliantly, sending up a bird or two in her boisterous activity, but neither her nor the birds any worse for the outburst.

“You're more than welcome to join the Qian in the Edge, if you wish, so long as you know what our aim is and think you can help us in reaching our goal.” Stopping to take a breath, the queen glanced her gaze between the fox and the child. “We want peace in Helovia, equality between the species so that there do not have to be needless wars. Do you like our goal?” A pleasant smile on her face, the queen found that perhaps conversing foals was not so hard as she had made it. Or perhaps this one was just more mature than the others. Likely the latter.
Kahlua

Merida

She compliments me on Miles's name. I smile and lean down to nose my baby brother. It was what she said next that had me nearly jumping around for joy. I mean, how many Aaron's could there be in this land?! But I have to know for sure... "Did he have any sisters? Was one of them named Sakura?!" I am desperate for information. If this was the place my Momma grew up, then I am home! Even if Uncle Aaron wasn't here, surely no one here would harm me. I mean, I am family after all! I don't care what anyone says. But if she knows my Uncle Aaron, well then I just have to know. I just have to.

I barely hear the paint, my soon to be Queen as she asks if I can follow the ways of the Qian.... That name rings a bell, but I am not sure why. Perhaps it is something I heard before I was born. Who knows. I am still young and impressionable. Miles stops moving for a moment before climbing up my front leg, to my withers and on up to my neck and head. He flops there, his paws tangled in my mane. His head flops right between my ears. He seems to be most comfortable there. "You will have to explain more to me.... I was told not long ago, that those with horns and wings are lesser beings.... But I was not told why... Now you say you want peace between them all... I don't understand any of it...." My eyes fill with confusion, the words of this mare and my Dad mixing in my head. I do not understand any of it.

"Talking"

quote quote quote quote quote
Image Credit

Please Tag Merida in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Merida at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Little did the queen know that her innocent comment about Aaron and his Alaina would send the small filly over the top with joy. The questions poured forth from the child's mouth and Kahlua's blue eyes grew wide. “Oh!” was all she managed for a moment because she started to chuckle and bob her head in jovial agreement. This type of childish excitement... this was something she could get in to. “Yes, he had sisters,” she responded, trying to remember if she had ever known their names. She was usually so good with them, after all... In the end, Sakura was not a name that she was able to remember or not, but she did have another one. “I'm not sure about Sakura, but there was an Azale...” She tried.

As for the foal's other words, Kahlua was more than happy to explain. “There are many horses who think what you've been told but a very smart mare once told me that an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. If we fight amongst ourselves because one horse has horns and then that horse retaliates because we don't and then we fight back...” she frowned at the thought. “The fighting will never end. That same smart mare also told me something else- out of all the horses you've ever seen, don't they all bleed red?” Kahlua smiled patiently at the child. This... This was the role she had meant to fill. Finally, she was able to spread her words of peace onto the world. Even if it was just one filly, it was a start. “That mare lives here with her dragon. Her name is Evangeline. I think you would like her.”
Kahlua