the Rift

Open-hearted (Introduction to Cherie) [Open]

Cherie Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

With a big heart comes big love... But will you be able to handle it?

The little mare trotted rapidly, as if she was being chased. She was, but only by her own thoughts and fantasies. She haunted herself, making herself scared by every movement behind the tall trees and the many bushes. Her black eyes was widened, and showed her fear clearly.

But she didn't know that she had nothing to fear. She wasn't haunted or chased. The buckskin was all alone in the big forest she'd found, but maybe it was the loneliness that scared her the most.
Her mother and father had died with the herd in a tragic wildfire, though she didn't know how the fire started.
The little unicorn had been one of three survivors, but she was the only one who had went west. The other two, two twins that had been born as brother and sister, went south-east.
Her herd that she had lived with hadn't been big - only 15 horses including herself. There was both unicorns and pegasi, and also a few horses.

She stopped violently, and turned 360 degrees. Something was actually following her. Or at least watching her.
The small buckskin breathed heavily, with her sides rising and sinking fast. Who was watching her? What was watching her?
She looked around, but couldn't see anything in the dark forest. This was a bad idea. A very, very, very bad idea.
Her heart was racing, and she almost felt like it was going to jump up in her throat and escape through the mouth.

Who was watching her?

Word count: 251
OOC: Aure and Sierra can write first, then anyone is free to reply :3

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Sierra Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Sierra
The Adventure Begins Here

The mare angled her large white wings, swooping down and landing within the trees. The mare folded her wings up tightly, feeling the cold breeze of autumn seep through her coat. The mare shivered. She had always hated autumn. She more loved spring, the flowers and the leaves always smelled nice.

The mare heard a rustling coming from not too far away. She wandered towards it. Then she saw a horse. A buckskin mare was wandering.

What horse would wander in the threshold at this time of night?The mare thought to herself. She shook her head.

The mare's hoof crunched a stick under her weight. The stranger turned around. Then the mare saw the horn protruding from the buckskin's forehead. The mare stepped out of the shadows, and bowed her head to the stranger.
"Hello. I am Sierra. What is your name?"The mare waited for the horned equine to reply.

The mare snorted, her ears twitching at every sound. The mare listened to every owl hoot and every rustle of the bushes or when the wind blew the trees.

She looked back at the buckskin mare. She looked frightened. The mare walked closer.

Word Count: 195
OOC:

Action
Thought
Speech

Aure Posts: N/A
Unregistered

She broke down and let me in, made me see where I've been

I ambled along in the Threshold, again making my rounds as a soldier, to recruit the willing to our herd. Normally, I enjoyed my duty, but today it meant having to leave my two sons and lover Tares while I patrolled. I was jittery, and Neige could feel that. The little fox nuzzled my shoulder, hoping to comfort me, understanding that my tense withers meant I was uneasy. I hated leaving my twins even for only an hour or so; they were so young and I felt terrible for putting the burden on Tares, who had carried them in her womb while I simply could do nothing but watch. Next time, I vowed it would be me who carried the children, the one who dealt with the burden. I would never let her do it alone again, as I could not bear our short window of separation.

My mind raced as I stroll, when my green orbs caught sight of two mares up ahead. The first I saw was a blue roan mare, seemingly just having noticed the buckskin mare ahead of her. From behind, the white wings of the first mare obstructed her view of the second, but she could tell from her posture that she seemed lost and frightened. The faint outline of a heart marking on her hide came into sight, the dark brown of it contrasting with her light coat. I smiled at my luck, happily trotting up faster to the mares, eager to make an acquaintance with both the mares. I swiftly moved my svelte body until I was standing beside the winged mare, slightly behind the buckskin. From this angle, I saw a white horn shining in the light that danced through the trees in the Threshold’s forest. I smiled warmly at both the mares, ready to get my job over and done with and return to my lover and children.

“Greetings. I am Aure, soldier of the Dragon’s Throat herd. Who compliments me with their company today?” I tilted my head inquiringly, my brilliant eyes welcoming and friendly.

Unregistered

The mare stared on the Pegasus that appeared out of the shadows. He or she was a blue roan with white wings, wings that seemed to be even bigger than the buckskin herself.
As the Pegasus approached her, she got even more stressed - even though she was supposed to calm down. The mare turned one ear the Pegasus' way, and listened to it's words. The other ear lied slicked to her neck.

"Hello. I am Sierra. What is your name?"
She looked at her. Sierra? Good, at least it was a mare... Okay, she could deal with this. Just introducing to each other.
"Ehm...", she started and looked down. The ear that had been turned at the Pegasus lied on her neck - slicked like the other - and she felt her heart beating harder. The horn in her forehead shined in the vague moonlight, and her light coat looked a bit more gold-ish. Her black orbs looked around her as she held her head low.

She didn't have the courage to introduce herself. It's been such a long time since I met anyone friendly. I don't know how to behave...
The thoughts circled around in her head, and she almost didn't notice the other Pegasus who approached them both - until she heard the voice.
The unicorn jumped by surprise, and stared at the Pegasus mare that came out of thin air.

How can these to be so friendly?, she thought and looked at them. The darker mare was named Aure - a soldier from a place that she'd never heard of. She cleared her throat a little, since her voice hid itself in her throat. She looked up, and examined the two mares.
"I'm Cherie, and I come from the herd Mismerii that existed in a land far away." She didn't mention the whole truth, that the herd Mismerii didn't exist anymore because of a wildfire.

Cherie sighed, and looked at them. How would they react?

Word count: 329
OOC: -

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
"And I am Mauja, King of World's Edge," spoke the snowbeast from the shadows, confidently - smoothly - gliding out from between the trees. Moonlight made him a wraith, shimmering softly as he allowed it to touch his spotted hide. A natural grace gave him an ethereal edge, further accentuated by his otherworldly stare; the iciest of blue hemmed in a clouded pupil, silver like the moon itself. One ear flickered, raven feathers whispering in the wind, and despite his seeming blindness his eyes easily focused upon the ones present. Sierra he gave a nod of recognition, and Aure a slight smile one might offer one newly met; soft, inviting, alluring, no trace at all of the darkness which lurked in his cold, cold soul. The smile only widened further when his attention turned towards Cherie, the lost, lonely little buckskin who seemed more gray in the monochrome light. Shadows seemed to cling to Mauja, darkening the world just around him, and what of his face that fell behind the veil of his forelock was nearly impossible to make out. On the ground, his stark shadow was cast, mingling with the edges of the others. "I have never heard of the Mismerii herd," he continued, voice smooth and steadfast, gentle despite his ghastly appearance and the late hour. Mauja was a creature of the cold and the dark, enjoying the drop in temperature and the first tentative breaths of winter. "Though I have heard of many others. But those, I fear, are irrelevant. I take it you're new, so I wish to welcome you to this land, Helovia. If you are interested in making your home in one of the herds here, the World's Edge is open to you." And his soft, gentle smile lingered, matching his soft, gentle manners; he'd seen the way she'd flinched, skittish like a foal in its first blizzard. He had no wish to frighten her, merely a wish to herd her to the safety of his home and let her prosper in the embrace of his ancient, protective trees.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

Sierra Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Sierra
The Adventure Begins Here

The mare watched Mauja carefully. She had seen him a few days ago when she had been with Xira.

The mare gave Mauja a glare. She disliked his herd, racist unicorns they were. She looked at Cherie."Mauja, nice to see you again."She bowed her head, her hate snarling from within it's cage deep within the roan sabino mare.

She turned to Cherie. The mare's buckskin coat was marked with a heart shape on her hind quarters.
"Or you can come to the Throat, where every species of horse is offered a welcoming home.She snorted. This mare was timid, but would do good in the Throat. The Edge was filled with racist unicorns. Only unicorns. The mare stomped her hoof on the grassy earth, pieces of grass flying from under her hooves.

The mare's mane was carried up into the wind, her eyes focused on the appaloosa unicorn stallion. The mare felt her eyes wander to the mare once more, her curves embedded into her head.

The mare felt her muscles ripple under her blue roan coat. She felt the autumn sun begin to sink below the trees, out of view for now. She flared her nostrils and took in the scent. The unicorn stallions' scent was cold and frosty, familiar to the Edge, while the buckskin mare's scent was none a smell of Helovia.

She felt her heart pounding, hoping the unicorn mare would come with her to the Throat. Her heart racing in anticipation.

Word Count: 248
OOC: Sorry I haven't been on in a while ^^

Action
Thought
Speech

Unregistered

Instead of hearing one of the two mares' voices, she heard a new one. The strong tune of a stallion's voice.
Cherie slowly turned her head to the stallion - and widened her eyes in shock. Never had she seen such a mesmerizing stallion. He was white with dark spots over his body, and in his forehead there was a blueish horn that looked like it was made of ice.
Mauja...

"Erhm.. It's a pleasure to meet you, I guess..", the little buckskin said and looked down. So many unknown faces...
When the stallion said that he'd never heard of the Mismerii-herd, she snorted. The valley that they had lived was located far away from this land of.. Helovia? Did he say that?
Her black eyes searched for his, and she rose her head a bit.
"You, Mauja, will never hear of it anyways. The herd is... Gone." As the memories of the great fire came to her, she lowered her head once again and the first tears tried to escape from her eyes. Her family, her friends.. All dead but two twins that had escaped with her.

She became present again when the mare named Sierra spoke to the white unicorn. Every species? What did she mean?
Her head turned to Mauja, and examined him. Did the Pegasus mean that there was nothing else but unicorns at.. What did he say? The Edge?
Cherie looked down, and couldn't make up her mind. The Throat or the Edge?

The buckskin was used to living with all of the species in one herd - equines, pegasi and unicorns. She wanted it like that again.
As the mare seemed to have decided what territory she was going to, she lifted her head and looked at Sierra - and smiled. Then she turned her head to the stallion named Mauja and said, with the most careful voice she knew;
"Goodbye, brother. I think I want to have it like I did in Mismerii."

Word count: 330 [LIKE A BOSS! ~sorry, I just had to..]
OOC: -

Walk, walk, walk.
"Talk, talk, talk."
Think, think, think.

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
The glare the Pegasus gave him did not go unnoticed. What had the Throat idiots been telling her, now? Stories of his evil deeds, which had never happened? Most likely. He just met her gaze coolly for a moment, not quite judging nor entirely warm - just neutral, blank. Her name, ahh... He'd forgotten it, if he'd even heard it. "Pegasus," he returned the greeting, voice smooth yet devoid of emotion. No distaste, no coldness. He couldn't miss out the way she put weight on the word every, and merely raised a 'brow as if to say, yes, and? The official story with the Edge anyway was that it was simply to offer a home to those who were uncomfortable living with other species. They did not have hate wars with the others. That Mauja sought to take over everything, well, that was another story entirely.

"I'm sorry," he told the mare when she informed him on the loss of her old herd, Mismerii. It happened. Shit happened. Life went on. He wasn't living in his ancestral home either. He waited, for her decision, watching the way her eyes flickered, until she chose her path. Sticking to what she knew, not wishing to try something new. Well, those born and raised soft often stayed soft. It was too hard for them to overcome their foolish ideals, but he merely nodded, showing nothing of his frustrated ire. "Of course. A pleasant day to your both. I hope your future is better than your past," and he did not smile darkly, even though he felt like snarling it out like a threat - a promise.

She'd made the wrong choice.
One day she'd regret it.

Instead, he smiled warmly at them both, before disappearing back into the shadows of the Threshold.
angels, they fell first, but I'm still here