the Rift

[OPEN] That which marks us.

Liit Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
let the healers kiss our fingers

The sweet passage of spring appeared to go unnoticed by the Basin. Even though the trees grew a little greener and the air smelt a little sweeter, it was almost as if the pleasant season had missed the territory all together in its desperation to reach the outer lands before the end of the quarter. While the Basin had been peaceful and comfortable enough, the chill had started to settle in, and Liit found herself desiring a warmer climate. The need to feel the warm sun across her back had tempted her aware from the cool edge of the glassy lake in the Basin and towards some distant land.

Liit found herself wandering south for some time, with the sun rising slowly from the east and to the west as the day progressed, finding her in the belly of the forests and fields of Helovia by the time mid-day struck. It was more lush here, and it reminded her a little of the home that she had left so many years ago, when she had been young, naïve and so very afraid. Yet here, it was more peaceful, and Liit could find herself staying here for a long time before she would be moved to return back to the chilly embrace of the Basin.

There were trees and gentle creeks, everything reminiscent of her stay in the distant grasslands she had been born in, except there seemed to be not a single soul here. In the air hung a sort of silence that gripped her and made her want to hold her breath as she walked, but it was not so unwelcome of a quiet that she felt she needed to pass unseen. As she wandered, she found the almost still river, or perhaps it was a lake due to its stillness, and discovered that she was across from a rather strange and ancient looking structure. It was different from the ruins she had seen on the other side of the world, it still stood strong and it glittered colourfully under the soft spring sunlight, luring in the mare.

As she stood across the water staring at the old, stony frame, she reflected that she was glad that there lay a body of water between her and it, thinking that meant she was likely not meant to cross the water to stand under the colourful embrace of the rotunda… yet a part of her wanted to be closer. With resolute and decided determination, she moves forwards, her hooves sinking into the cold, green water, and she begins to descend into it. Her dark eyes were glued to the structure as she begins to make her way into the water with the intention of being closer to it.

@[Cheveyo]
Anyone else is welcome if they want :D
<style type="text/css">#liitluv p::first-letter { padding-left: 20px; font-family: 'Cinzel Decorative', 'cursive'; font-size: 16px; color: #323627; line-height: 90%; }</style>

Murdock Posts: 198
Outcast atk: 9 | def: 10.5 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 8 HP: 61.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Gaz
M U R D O C K

There were few places in Helovia that Murdock had not yet been to. He was adventurous by heart, forever curious and captivated by a desire to explore. When he was younger, his expeditions had found him more trouble than it had treasures, which was something his mother had always told him he would grow out of. She was far too optimistic. However, the Rotunda was one place he had not yet had the opportunity to visit, and what could possibly go wrong at such a civil and sacred place?

It was much farther south than he had originally thought, but the journey had been worth it all the same. He had spent far too much idle time wandering familiar forests and scouting the skies over his former homeland. He was floating about in oblivion with nowhere to belong now that his ties with the Foothills had been severed. He was a free spirit, unbound by laws though they were what had kept the pieces of his sanity chained together. What would he do now that he was alone? He had nowhere to call home, no one to run to when the skies grew dark.

A short flight over fields and dense woodland brought him to a small clearing that concealed a small white building. Its construction was extraordinary, much unlike anything crafted by the hooves of his kin, a remnant of some forgotten civilization. He landed roughly at the edge of a stream, rear hooves slipping on the damp bank into the shallow water behind him. Pale columns held up a roof of colourful stained glass through which sunlight filtered, illuminating the cracked floor beneath the pillars. He slipped through the curtains, soft fabric brushing across his skin as he stepped onto the stone platform.

He stood in the center of the Rotunda, enjoying the cool air and the shards of bright colour that spilled across the pale stone around him from the glass ceiling above. This was a peaceful place, hidden from suspicious eyes and lost among the sheltering trees. He stood in the silence until the quiet consumed him, filling his mind until his ears ached to hear a sound. Soft splashes suddenly broke his reverie, drawing his attention back to the stream. He remained hidden behind the curtains and stepped away from the entrance so as to remain out of sight. He dipped his head to a space where the drapes parted slightly, allowing just enough room to see who, or what, had joined him.

She was from the Basin. He could tell not from her appearance, but her scent. He knew their scent well by now. He had often consorted with their ranks and though the two souls dearest to him hailed from their lands, he had developed an unfavorable opinion of them as a whole. He had been scarred and beaten, mentally and physically, by the unicorns that dwelled there. But still, Murdock had never been one to hold a grudge. He had never been the type to fall prey to prejudice as of course, things were not always as they seemed. Whoever she was, she had a clean slate in his mind.

He drew his gaze away from the gap in the curtains, stepping softly further away from the entrance to the other side of the structure. Here, he remained quietly, wings folded patiently at his sides. The mare would likely get a shock out of seeing him there, concealed in a shower of coloured light with his teal markings glowing dimly upon his coat. He would cherish the look of surprise upon her face with childish delight, if such an expression were to present itself upon her pale face. Despite having spent five long years in this curious world, his mind, it seemed, had never left his childhood.

"talk talk talk"

maybe i like
that i'm not alright
Image Credit
x

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

Cheveyo
done made the devil a deal, he made me pretty, he made me smart

Here I was, off exploring the lands of Helovia once again trying to refamiliarize myself with the home that I had known for a few years. It was quite amazing what difference a season could make on the lands around you, everything was different...in some places things seemed to have not been woken up by this Birdsong and instead they remained in their internal slumber. A slight frown stretched the rosy pink skin of my kissers as the thought of never waking up passed in my grey matter; I wondered what it would be like. Would I know I never woke up and forever be battering at the inside of my mind until I grew too tired to even try and escape? Or would I simply cease to exist, my soul flying away to where ever it was that I was supposed to go to forever run with Kwahu on my back.
A feeling of longing washed over my painted frame and for a moment, I wished that I wouldn't wake up one morning. But that was a terrible thought, a horrible wish to be wishing when there was so much to live for. That arrow had been meant for Kwahu and if the gods had wanted me struck down on that day, or any day thereafter, it would have happened. Shaking my skull roughly I focused back on the task at hand, travelling around a bit, exploring the place that I called home. Not too far before me rested a beautiful stone structure, the creamy stone was time worn and carved with complex designs that I wasn't quite sure they were hand (hoof) carved or rather if the rain and wind created them over time.
The sound of splashing distracted me from the beautiful building and my orchid pools flicked about before settling on a white frame that I could see pieces of through the thick greenery, moving in the direction of the building. I was curious as to what exactly the building was for, and why it was dropped here in the middle of this beautiful forest, so it didn't take long before my yellow painted hooves were moving in the same direction the grey frame had been headed. Hopefully it wouldn't seem as if I was some kind of spy or a stalker of any sorts and startle the other into some kind of brawl here on this beautiful land.
As I drew closer the building seemed to pull the breath right out of me as the gorgeous complexity of it grew with each and every step. "Oh my.." my exclamation was a whispered one, meant for my chestnut harks and my harks only as I splashed through the glittering green liquid, crashing through my own reflection and that of the trees. Orchids widened ever so slightly as I stood at the base of the building, basking in its full glory before breaking through the gossamer curtains that seemed untouched by weather and time by the soft way they brushed against my back. I wasn't sure where the grey had gone, as my pools searched about for the creature that had lead me into the building they settled instead on a techincolored, winged beast. The sight of the lights dancing off of his coat was a glorious one and I grew curious as to how I looked, my already multi-hued pelt covered with even more colors.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; @[Liit]
Words;; 570
OOC;; Sorry it took me so long <3 and it's such crap...I promise it will get better. Rust, I wasn't sure if Liit had gone in the building or not...but I knew that Murdock was in there xD so I just played it that she saw him but not her.

so I'm gonna break me a million hearts

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Unregistered

As she carefully progressed forwards, the green water sloshing gently around her pale body, there was another horse nearby, perhaps upstream a little, because as Liit moved forwards, there was the sound of soft splashing somewhere off to her left, the sound of someone else crossing the river to get to the other side. Glancing in that direction, the pale mare sees nothing more than a rustling of the trees as the other horse disappeared into them, leaving Liit to step up on the other side of the water in front of the old, intricate structure.

Moving forwards, her eyes still focused on the rotunda, she is suddenly entranced by the colours, and thinking that she was alone, she moved towards it. For a moment, there was a sort of silence that engulfed her, and as she finally drew her eyes away, she spotted the winged stallion, standing off to the side, seeming to conceal himself. For a moment they stared at each other, a confused and obviously apologetic look painted across Liit’s face, for she was entirely convinced that she had stomped into the stallion’s home and was blatantly trespassing in the face of the occupier. Then, there is another who also appears to be as enthralled with the colours that shone through the roof of the structure, and joined them, perhaps she too had been lingering inside the structure before Liit had stepped under it and she had simply gone unnoticed while the pale mottled mare had been entranced in the colours.

Still staring awkwardly in the direction of the winged stallion, she wonders if he is tucked away to the side in order to watch her or the painted mare without being noticed, at least, before they had stepped under the colourful veil of the rotunda. “Were you watching us?” She asks for the benefit of knowing for herself and for the painted mare that is now on the same side of the structure as her, perhaps hoping to clear the air of suspicions before they all went about getting to know each other.

@[Murdock] @[Cheveyo]
<style type="text/css">#liitluv p::first-letter { padding-left: 20px; font-family: 'Cinzel Decorative', 'cursive'; font-size: 16px; color: #323627; line-height: 90%; }</style>

Gaz
M U R D O C K

As Murdock waited, tucked into the corner between marble pillars and gossamer curtains, another creature began to approach the rotunda. A separate set of splashes and sounds joined the symphony of bird song beyond the shelter of the structure, announcing the arrival of yet another awe struck wanderer. His lips creased in a smile as he turned his head toward the newcomer, waiting for him or her to emerge from beyond the drapes. Perhaps to someone less absorbed in childish fantasies, the concern of being cornered might arise. However, Murdock had little time to worry over the fact that he was being approached from all sides.

A slender head followed by a stocky painted body appeared from the sunlit forest. Curious markings were scattered across her hide like hieroglyphs or ancient cave paintings, and the white of her coat was turned to blue, red, and gold as sunlight wavered through the glass overhead. Much to his disappointment, she does not appear startled by him, though her gaze lingers upon him as he waits in the corner. Perhaps she could already see him through a gap in the curtains, or, perhaps, he is not as frightening as he had hoped.

They were shortly joined by another, the first creature he had heard moving about in the brush, though she does not immediately see him. Her eyes were wandering, drifting across the coloured ceiling and pale columns down toward the corner where he stood. Their eyes met for a moment, her face betraying confusion as she stared at him. He resisted the smile that threatened to appear on his lips, instead tipping his head curiously as she questioned him. “Watching you?” His voice was soft, almost a gasp, as if the very idea of the accusation was astonishing to him. He grinned. “No. Simply enjoying the shade. Wonderful place, is it not?”

He turned to the other mare, the paint, his gaze drifting up and down her colourful body. “What brings you here?” He asked, before turning back toward the short grey mare. “And you?” Were they here simply to investigate this curious building, just as he was? Perhaps they had meant to meet each other here, and he was simply an inconvenience. He didn’t mind that. Trouble was something he easily found, though he did not often intend to find it. Whatever their cause, he would enjoy their company while he could. After all, it had been some time since he had had the pleasure of a simple conversation.

"talk talk talk"

@[Liit] @[Cheveyo]

maybe i like
that i'm not alright
Image Credit
x

Semper

Cheveyo
paint with all the colors of the wind

It didn't take long at all for the other creature to join us in the kaleidoscope room of the beautifully built building that sprung up from the ground beneath us. Everything about the room around us was more stunning than words could put together, and for a moment it felt as if my lungs were being tightened in someone's grasp as my breath was snatched right out from them in awe of the beauty of my surroundings. Chestnut harks swiveled, keeping locked in on the feathered stallion who stood there basking in the colors as my orchid pools moved about excitedly taking in all the colors that I could possibly name or even dream of.
The sound of the other's hooves hitting against the stone flooring was the only thing that distracted me from the beauty of the room, and the only thing that pulled my harks away from the stallion whose color I couldn't quite decipher with the rainbow that was splattered across his back. Orchid pools studied the smaller grey mare for a moment before looking away from her, she seemed like she could hold her own in a fight need be, but there was an air about her that I couldn't quite put my hoof on. It was strange, but nothing that I was going to worry myself over on this beautiful day. "Were you watching us?” The accusatory tone in the smaller mare's voice caused my harks to flick back ever so slightly as I looked away from the wall where the lights were dancing to focus in on the stallion who I had hardly considered a threat until the grey paint spoke up. Had he been watching us? What did he want from the two of us?
“Watching you? No. Simply enjoying the shade. Wonderful place, is it not?” The beginning of his response had the shadowed stallion pinned as a smartass from the very beginning. Smartasses could be a hit or a miss, either quite liked and easy to get along with or someone who made you want to slit their throats the second you got the chance. But the second part of his response saved him from being the kind that I imagined killing every single time their kissers parted. It was a wonderful place, and one that I would likely be visiting on more than one occasion in the near...and far future. Clearing my throat, my orchid pools flickered between the two of them, wondering if his reply would satisfy the grey mare or if she would have more accusatory questions to throw in his direction. "It is quite amazing." My own lyrics came out in a near whisper, as if I thought that speaking at my already soft full volume would crack the pale pillars that held up the stunning stained glass roof.
“What brings you here?” his words dripped into the surprisingly cool air that drifted effortlessly between the three of us, while his eyes drifted across my now even more colorful bodice. A shudder passed over my scarred and painted pelt at the feeling of his eyes on me, others looking at me was a feeling that I would never grow used too. No matter how many times I was stared at, it would always cause me discomfort. "Out enjoying this beautiful day. As you are." My rosy kissers turned up in a small smile as the stallion directed his attention away from myself and towards the smaller grey who seemed a little more on edge than even myself.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; @[Liit]
Words;; 592
OOC;;

please tag Cheveyo!!

Unregistered

The two mares stood crowded under the colourful canopy of the structure, their backs painted with a mosaic of colours that Liit had never sported before. For the whole of her life, she had always been pale on colour, and despite the dark mottling of her flesh close to the soft points on her body, she assumed she was always destined to be plain in complexion. Whether she remained pale in colour of the dark speckles about her continued to grow until they consumed her, she assumed she would never be considered as vibrant or colourful.

A part of her appreciated the interesting markings of the winged stallion she stood across from, noting the faint sheen of an unnatural colour in his skin as he stands in the shadows. Another part of her was jealous of the gold and white that interlaced the mare’s skin, only broken by feral designs of another world. Both strangers looked to be painted under a creative light compared to her, but she would not hold that against them. For now, she too was decorated with a myriad of colours, as long as the sun shone through the glass ceiling.

When asked if he was watching them, the stallion seemed to deflect the question and turn it into another, less loaded question of his own, casting a liberal glance across their surroundings. “It is unlike anything I have ever seen before.” Her answer is honest, as never before had she seen such a strange structure, let alone with a ceiling made so as to best reflect the sunlight. The multi-coloured mare seems to agree, and Liit passes her a soft glance with a little smile, thankful for her company in the face of the stallion that seems to find this all too amusing for her liking.

He pushes on to a more casual conversation, and Liit shifts her weight, thinking that he was carefully probing the air for more sinister reasons. As the other mare answers his question, the pale mare finds that the three of them must be here for similar reasons, and there was almost nothing malicious about their being here. “I thought it best to get out of the cold for a little bit.” As soon as she answers, she wonders if she has divulged too much, and she wonders if it would be simple enough for these two strangers to figure out where she was from simply by figuring out exactly where in Helovia was still cold during the turn of the season. Thinking that she was being a little too suspicious for her own good, she looks carefully into the face of the winged stallion. “And you, just here to enjoy the shade?

@[Murdock]

Gaz
M U R D O C K

Murdock was a gentle creature, taking pleasure in childish games and harmless tricks, and he would never dream of harming or endangering another creature. However, something about him seemed to set the two mares on edge. The grey seemed particularly suspicious of him, and her unease seemed to spark some distrust in the paint as well. They fixed him with penetrating gazes as words and questions were exchanged, forcing him to feel self conscious as he stood cornered among shadows and colour. A smile was all he could offer to ease their hearts for the time, until his words could soothe their suspicions.

The paint replied to him softly, informing him that she was merely out enjoying the beautiful day, as he was. As I am? Murdock thought, Who’s to say I’m enjoying it? He hadn’t really thought about it yet, whether or not this was a good day or a not-so-good day. What had he done? He had woken alone in the hills and returned to the skies to seek out some place of interest to keep his rampant imagination occupied. He was a victim to his thoughts when he spent his hours in silence, dark memories drifting back to haunt him whenever he let himself become idle.

However, he decided that he was enjoying this day. He had found company, finally, and the myriad of whirling colours that surrounded them as the sunlight danced overhead was comforting to his restless soul. He nodded slightly, deciding that he liked both these mares, whether or not they reciprocated the feeling. When the grey mare mentioned escaping the cold, Murdock’s attention was drawn directly back to her. He already knew she was from the Basin, that much was obvious from the by-now very familiar scent of her coat, but for how long had she been there? Who did she know? He was tempted to ask about his dear friend Roland, perhaps even inquire about the dark mare who had left with his heart, but he thought it best to keep his ties to the Basin hidden from those who might find them unfavourable.

Her next question left him speechless for a moment, pondering what exactly had led him to this strange building in the forest. He did not really know why he was there. Curiosity drew him, but what kept him? Company, perhaps. Something he had been starved of for far too long. Now that he was on his own, drifting here and there, he found conversations were few and far between and he suddenly seemed alone in the ever-expanding world of Helovia. How much it had changed since first he arrived. “Shade? Yes. It gets dreadfully hot out there in the sunlight.”

“I’m Murdock, by the way. Former General of the Foothills. And you are…?” His gaze shifted between each of their faces, searching for something he recognized though he found nothing. Perhaps it was unnecessary to tie himself to the rank of former General, now that he had been an outcast for several months, but something, perhaps it was sentiment, caused him to cling to the title he had once held. How he wished to have his family back. How he longed to return to his cave in the cliffs and watch the world from above once more. Perhaps someday he would find his way home.

"talk talk talk"

@[Cheveyo]

maybe i like
that i'm not alright
Image Credit
x

Semper

Cheveyo
paint with all the colors of the wind

Orchid pools flicked between the grey painted mare and the winged stallion that I found myself in the company of. Company it was, regardless of how stiff and awkward the duo seemed to make it, the smaller mare had automatically thought that the winged stallion had been watching us from afar as we made our way to the building in which we stood. He may have very well been watching, but I would much rather not know that he was and I was very thankful when his words rejected the mare's paranoid idea.
"It is unlike anything I have ever seen before.” The grey's soft words floated into the air followed by a smile that I felt was directed my way, the corners of my rosy kissers pulled up ever so slightly as my orchids pulled away from her and back to the beautiful building that surrounded us. I mulled, silently, over what could have formed the amazing structure. Had there once been two legs like Kwahu and his kin in Helovia at some point? Or did the gods take a liking to some of the architecture of the two leg world and figure it would be a pretty addition to their world? Once again my mind seemed to wander away from reality as I wondered how this had happened, and if there had been two legs in this world before, why were there not more stories about them?
“I thought it best to get out of the cold for a little bit. And you, just here to enjoy the shade?” The mare's voice draws me back to reality and my chestnut harks flick about as I took in her words. Away from the cold? Was I in the presence of a Basiner, if that was the case that smile was probably a way to get my guard down so she could gouge me with those twin horns that sprouted from her skull. Of course it was probably a foolish thought, not all of them were racist. Or at least, that's what I had heard. But the deep lyrics of the stallion ran my train of thought right off the tracks and back to the conversation that was being had. “Shade? Yes. It gets dreadfully hot out there in the sunlight. I’m Murdock, by the way. Former General of the Foothills. And you are…?”
The mention of the Foothills caused a lump to form in my throat as I thought of the lands that I had roamed for a while before the wraiths had taken over. The herd that I ended up deciding on not returning to when things had gone back to normal. The herd that didn't even exist anymore, they were now called the Hidden Falls, but that didn't matter. All that mattered now was that my loyalty was with the Edge and it would be for as long as I lived. "Pleased to meet you Murdock, I am Cheveyo. Protector of the World's Edge...former soldier for the Foothills." I doubted that the former General knew who I was when I resided in the Foothills, I had remained a mere shadow in the lands. The only one who really knew me was Alleo and even he wasn't speaking to me much anymore...my attention drifted away from the winged stallion and back once more to the painted mare, wondering if she truly was a member of the Basin or if she just enjoyed spending time up North where the snow hardly ever melted.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; @[Liit]
Words;; 585
OOC;; I am so sorry my absence took longer than I expected <3 I hope you guys are still interested in having this thread go on

please tag Cheveyo!!