the Rift

[OPEN] Straw that broke the Camel

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia
I see the love in disguise!
Tears stinging at the corners of the mare's honey orbs hurt worse than the burning pain in her heart. So nobody wanted her here huh? "Fine! I'll leave then! Screw all of you!" She yelled boldly into the darkening night air. She had laid Ilios down a little way away, and she knew the buckskin and teal colt would not rise easily. He had only been born today and had been teased and picked on, along with his mother. She was done with these insane dumb-asses, this was the final straw. Penna was sitting in a tree over the sleeping colt keeping a close watch on him as Parelia paced. her body was growing hot, her hair sparked here and there with bright blue light. The mare didn't care, her baby was resting, her bonded was watching him and new better than to disturb her now. He was relived they were finally going to leave the crazies behind, but he was dreading what he knew was to come, once her Knight arrived.

She had run from the voices of the herd, the ones that had jabbed and picked at all the old scars on her heart. The voices rang clearly in her head only fanned life into her flames of rage. Literally, the cremello mare had suddenly burst into blue and white flames. She had just enough brain capacity to walk away from the brush into an open area next to one of the falls. Water that flecked the flames sizzled for a moment as they turned to steam. Every inch of the usually kind mare is covered in bright blue flames. It would be very unwise for anyone to touch the fireball pacing beside the falls.

Parelia clings to the rage flaring within her soul. Tears are for the weak, tears only bring more trouble, and nasty words. This was the trouble with the poor mare, her past made her strong as well as weak. She would never see tears fall from her own eyes without seeing them as a weakness. Others were allowed to cry or sob even, but she was not so much as allowed to let her eyes fill with water. She longed to fight to draw blood, to beat someone to a pulp, that would keep her from crying. Stomping her sturdy leg she glared around the flames reaching monstrous proportions.

"Talking"’Thinking’Penna
Words: 369 @[Ciceron]
OOC:; This is before Parelia left the falls so please don't treat her as a trespasser lol. Everyone and anyone that wants her to stay is very welcome to join in anytime! It would be cool if @[Midas] could stop in, Angel if you're to busy don't worry about it! <3
Parelia & Penna
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Already it had been a long day and the tedious job to running the perimeter was that last thing he had wanted to do when he had returned with his family. Yet he had still pushed himself to go as was his duty considering his recent promotion, he couldn't let things slip and fall behind. Yawning as he finally was able to head back in the direction he wanted he managed to pick up the pace despite exhaustion, there wouldn't be a chance for him to rest now at least not yet. He wanted nothing more than to pull his mate close and curl up with her and their son for the night. A smile found its place upon his features at the thought, yes that would be quite nice right about now.

Rounding the corner where he had left Parelia a short time ago he came upon anything but what he expected. Flames burned brightly against the mare's pelt and he could tell that something was not right, what had happened while he was away. Alarm shot through his veins thinking of Ilios, had something happened?!? "Dove? What is it? Whats going on?" He commented with extreme worry, coming into range his eyes quickly doing a once over of her frame to look for anything wrong.

His gaze searched around looking for whatever could be causing this but found nothing but to his relief the sleeping form of his son nearby. Turning his head back to Parelia he was tempted to reach out to her despite the flames that licked at her skin, he really did not care if he got burned if it meant doing something to help her calm down. Kiara had moved over to where Ilios lay and sunk herself down into the grass worry evident in her eyes. She did not like it when her bonded was upset, but what could she do?

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @[Parelia] •• NOTES: So sad ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

The mare was stewing in her rage which only made the flames hotter and brighter. In the fading light she had to glowing like a star that had fallen from the heavens above. She was just thinking of going off to find the ones that made her fear of not being safe with these people real; when the sound of hooves brought her spinning to face the company. The flames died a little as she watched her knight canter out of the darkness. She snorted and tossed her chiseled head her short mane flipping around. His words and presence, for the first time, did nothing to sooth her. Her voice was much sharper than he had ever heard it, "This herd is not safe for our son! I mean half of these cretures here are from the Asylum, crazies!" She snarled and started pacing again. Her normally sweet vocals reflected the burning flames on her body, "What if they are all blood crazy and decide our son looks tasty or something?!" She was so angry all she do was pace burning a path into the ground

As she turned to face her knight she noticed he was reaching for her. She bared her pearly teeth and backed up quickly drawing away from him. As she stood glaring at him the realization of what she had just done extinguished the flames instantly. Her whole body sagged as if a mountain had just fallen on her dainty frame. "Ciceron I'm sorry... I had no right to snap at you, it's just.." She heaved a sigh and lowered her head so her warm muzzle was resting on the scorched ground. "I can't take it here. I can't live in fear any longer. I'm supposed to feel safe in my own herd!" She couldn't fight the tears any more and the seemed to explode from her downcast eyes. Her dainty frame shook sobs. How could she act like that towards the one person that cared about her the most?

"Speach"’Thoughts’
Words: 335 @[Ciceron]
OOC:; @[Delinne] I don't know if you want to change your post or not since I changed the words.

image credits

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina
Hunt. That's why she had run away from Mother, to hunt. She was good at hunting and almost always succeeded to catch a jumpy fluffy thing or a long-legged goodness from time to time. The jaguar had just arrived into the dark woods when she heard voices of a flock member - no, two flock members. The cat sneaked closer and then saw the two through a line of bushes. One was a spotty, horned, silver stallion with plants on his legs while the other one was a light winged one with blue here and there.

"This herd is not safe for our son! I mean half of these creatures here are from the Asylum, crazies!" Wrong. Flames were decorating the mare's back like an armor, but she wasn't afraid. No. Azarel had fire and that had made her friends with the hot enemy. "What if they are all blood crazy and decide our son looks tasty or something?!" Sure. Is the mare really that stupid to just assume things? 'Liar. Liar.' The black feline continued to stand in the shadows, staring at the cremello pegasus as she spoke to the dappled stallion. The peg snapped at the horned male and she opened her eyes slightly in surprise, observing the drama that played out in front of her closely. "Ciceron I'm sorry... I had no right to snap at you, it's just.. I can't take it here. I can't live in fear any longer. I'm supposed to be safe in my own herd!" She wrinkled her face and quietly started to growl. The mare couldn't know about Mother's family. The bigger family, not the biological. 'Must tell Mother this happened.' She wanted to create a storm for the Lying Mare - make it rain and burn her with sparks from the clouds - but she wouldn't. Mother would never approve. She only approved if we were in danger.

'Must tell Mother.' She thought and slowly backed away from the scene, melting into the darkness of the woods even more. How pathetic this flock was. They lied to each other about each other, knew information that they hadn't been told and fought against each other as if they were enemies. Dezba was happy that she was a feline, because she never would've made it as one of Mother's kind. It would be weird to not feel the earth smudge against the pads of her paws, to not be able to sneak on ground-level without being seen. How did equines survive with their unability to sneak correctly?

With that, she turned all the way and started to run. Must tell Mother about the Lying Mare before she were to spread rumors about her Mother's family. Must tell before family is torn apart.
Must tell so that the Lying Mare can be punished.

'Dezba talking'
Words: 467
Tags: @[Parelia] @[Ciceron]
OOC: Dezba watches during the whole last post in the shadows - as she is blended with the shadows - and then leaves so she doesn't stay for very long.
dezba
Image Credit
Code by Sevin
[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Never before had the dappled stallion seen his mate in such a state, her anger was without bounds and no one was safe from her rage. Listening to her words he was not sure how to react or what to do, this was the first that he had heard of anything such as crazies in their herd. Why wasn't Ilios safe here? Had something happened that he was unaware of? Emotions plagued him to the point of utter confusion, which way was up, what had caused this view of the herd he had seen as family. All he wanted was for everyone to be happy and he had thought that they were, little did he know the exact opposite was what was really felt. He had been within the falls for a long period of time and never had he felt threatened or in danger, this was beyond his knowledge completely.

Kiara listened feeling her bonded's confusion grow with each word, she too was not following what was happening with the painted mare. The flames trailing along her back crackled and snapped with her anger but then another sound caught her ear, a growl? Blinking her eyes pulled away from the pair scanning the darkness as again the low growl sounded, something else was here with them. Jumping to her feet immediately her hair stood on end as a threatening growl left her own body, glancing back to her stallion she stayed put not knowing whether to investigate or wait for his permission. She wanted to help but she couldn't leave the youngling or else she might get in trouble.

As the grey reached his muzzle forward without hesitation he was greeted with bared teeth and hostility, shrinking back in confusion his ears splayed to the side of his skull. Never had he felt rejection such as this, had he done something wrong? In the back of his mind he felt Kiara but his own emotion blocked her out as he tried to deal with what was happening. Tears replaced the anger moments later but where he would normally step in to comfort his love he hesitated, was he the cause of these tears? "You will be nothing but destruction, care nothing for the likes of them, you are my son deal with it be who you were meant to be for if you don't the darkness will find you." His fathers words lashed into his mind chilling him to the bone. He felt the blood drain from his face as the shock knocked him hard, no... this couldn't be.

" If you want to leave.. I cannot stop you.." His voice was barely audible over the beating of his heart, the broken pieces splintering off only to bury themselves deep into the walls of his chest. " Please don't go.." These last words were barely as whisper as his voice failed him.

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

••MUSE: Excellent •• TAGS: @[Parelia] •• NOTES: Hehe, thought I might add some of his brokenness it would explain why he doesn't follow her yet. ••

[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

She watched the confusion on her knights face before her wrath died down. The mare was sure she could pick up the sound of two hearts ripping as her honey orbs gazed upon the dappled knight. Pain seared through her soul, how could she have snapped at her one true love. Tears ran in swarms down her face, like a hive of angry bees stinging every inch of her physical and mental being. She longed for her love to step forward and comfort her, but he remained standing still his ears out. Her own dainty ears were angled backwards with her displeasure. Had he really not noticed how she felt about this place? The slim mare hated every second of this conversation, it felt like she was killing both of them.

Penna wanted to screech at the pain he was feeling from his bonded. This was the worst thing he could ever imagine for his mare. Her mate wasn't really helping the situation even a little. A sudden growl, well a few, drew his attention away from the pair. Sharp eyes turned down to the foal and white tiger below him. Why was she growling; but the growls weren't the same pitch. He longed to see what had made the sounds. He was about to take off his wings spread, when he thought better of it. Parelia needed him now more than ever, he could not afford to leave her right now.

The sobbing blob that was Penna's bonded didn't even take notice of his emotions or worries. She was so into her own heartbreak that there was no way the mare could feel him. His words made strong legs shake almost knocking her to the warm scorched earth. Her heart blew up shattering into a million pieces. She didn't want to be stopped, she wanted him to agree to find somewhere she felt safe to live. Usually fast working thoughts died her brain turning to mush. His next words were lost in the air, mush can't really comprehend words.

Tears dissipated, how could she cry when there was nothing left in her. All emotions were gone, just gone. Sweat broke out over her body freezing her were soft cremello hide. This was it, she was dead, and she was the reason her whole world was tumbling. Honey orbs swept desperately around her searching for something, then they fell upon what she longed to find. Ilios, her son the only thing left in her broken world. Everything else was gone except for her son. Her words were hollow like an abandoned den, "We are going to leave."

"Speach"’Thoughts’
Words: 437 @[Ciceron]

image credits

It is a dull sensation, your heart breaking, like the sound of a pebble dropping on the sand. Not a shattering, not something tearing apart, there is nothing shrill or grand about the sensation. It is merely an internal realization that something treasured you never knew you had is leaving forever. Things had been going so well, or so he thought.. This was too much for his mind to comprehend, it was too painful for him to want to even think about. In his lifetime there had been very few times that he had cried, the only one that he could remember was the death of his best friend. This was worse than that, a million times worse in fact this was absolutely devastating. Air ceased to fuel his brain making it cry painfully for life, the pain barely touched to his attention, there was nothing left to feel the pain everything was already broken.

As the words left the painted's mouth a hiss sounded from Kiara involuntarily as extreme pain assaulted her mind causing her to paw at her head trying to clear it frantically. It was as if she could feel the resounding snap of the last pieces holding the dappled's heart together as they shattered. Squeezing her eyes shut the sleek cat dropped to the ground withering yet still beside the young colt, why was this happening, make it stop.

Silver eyes watched hollowly the next movements as his entire world turned away from him leaving him in some alternate dimension of time. Everything was portrayed before him but it felt like he was watching it from his grave, maybe he had died and this was what he was seeing? No death couldn't even cause this much pain this was vividly real and he was powerless to do anything about it. Moisture could be felt upon his face but as his gaze drew to the sky it became clear to him that it was not rain that caused this, but rather the hot tears that had escaped his eyes to burn down his cheeks. Nothing was making sense, nothing felt right, nothing could stop the pain as it consumed him whole.

As his eyes drew to the heavens for answers a devastating cry of pure pain and agony pierced from his throat without a subconscious thought as to its origin. It was a sound that shook Kiara to the bone as she could only cry softly in response, there was no way to console the stallion in this state it was a part of him that the young tiger had never seen before and wished she never had to. Why was the mare doing this to him! No she couldn't leave, she had to stop her.. While the thought managed to streak through her mind the pain kept her paralyzed unable to respond. What was she supposed to do now? How could she help her bonded if she couldn't make the mare stay? She would fail...

Turning his mighty head away from the retreating figure his emotions flowed freely, he cared not who saw him like this for he was as good as dead within the hollows of his mind.

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

••MUSE: Good •• TAGS: @[Parelia] •• NOTES: Not my best post gah ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo

She was hollow, her insides were completely gone; a giant spider had sucked out everything. She heard the screams, but it seemed to come from very far away. Her knight squealed his pain, and his bonded followed suite feeling Ciceron's pain just as well as Penna was. The falcon could feel the sick emptiness in his bonded and he hated it. The falcon screeched along with the rest of the others. As soon as the screams started the poor silver buckskin launched himself to his sharp hooves staring around his sides heaving. His dainty mother slowly made her way towards the scared colt. She reached out towards him pulling his slender body into her warm body. He relaxed only slightly, and she turned towards his father. Her voice was deadly calm void of all emotion, "Stop screaming Ciceron, you are scaring our son." She glanced at him for a second before turning back to her son and rubbing her muzzle softly along his back until he was soothed, enough anyway.

She sighed softly and spoke again, "Ilios, go tell your father bye. You, Penna, and I are going to find a new home." The colt stared silently up at his mother for a moment confused, then put the words go to Father together and followed her orders. He walked up to Ciceron stopping in front of his dappled father and gazing up at him, then nickered softly. While the to males said goodbye Parelia thought silently to Penna, 'Go ahead and fly up, make sure the area is clear, we're going to travel towards the edge to the west.' The bared falcon took flight glad to be away from feeling as well as seeing all the heartache.

The dainty mare pulled her wings closer to her sides, trying to comfort herself with them. She allowed the males to say goodbye standing quietly her head turned towards the west. Ilios was trying to rub against his father's massive chest. He wasn't sure what was going on, but he loved his father with every fiber of his tiny growing being. He nickered lightly reaching for the dappled stud's soft muzzle. Parelia stood silently, and as she waited she could slowly feel her emotions coming back, they had to leave, and soon. Her voice was dripping with emotion again, "Ilios, come on baby." He turned his warm silver eyes up to his father's same orbs before he scampered back to Parelia. "We're going to head west Ciceron." She paused tears filling her eyes again, "I will always love you, and you're always welcome to come find us..." She turned quickly before he could see her tears. She waited for a moment in case he had anything to say then started walking nudging her winded and horned son forward.

"Speach"’Thoughts’
Words: 465 @[Ciceron]

image credits

Love can give you such happiness, then can break the very heart it filled, leaving a hole that can never be fixed or protected by any armor. If all that was needed was armor the solution would have been simple but now that the would had been opened wide, there would be no stopping the pain from tearing him to shreds. As the dappled stallion watched his love turn away he felt like turning on heel and running himself, running until he could no longer feel, no longer think. Inhaling sharply to stifle the pain his head bowed down towards his chest allowing his long mane and forelock to obscure his expression. All of his happiest moments flashed before the stallion's eyes before crumbling to ash at his hooves, this must be what hell felt like dark, desolate and draining.

A moment passed in silence where the only thing that could be heard were the fading hoofbeats and a soft murmur of voices. The words were beyond his comprehension, he couldn't care less what they said for they would not change this situation. He was about to turn to leave himself when the small figure of Ilios appeared before him, his gaze about as confused as he felt. Reaching forward to his son he managed a soft wicker as he nudged his neck affectionately before pulling him close. Tears threatened to fall once more as this was one of the most painful goodbyes he would ever have to experience. No he couldn't cry not in front of his son, he needed to be strong enough for that. "I love you both so much." He whispered softly lipping softly at Ilios's soft coat.

Kiara couldn't help but growl softly as the reason for her bonded's pain walked past, this was her fault she had hurt her Ciceron. She could stay, but she wanted to leave him behind, it was mean. The short fuzzy one on stilts moved forward giving her hope that maybe he stay and give some happiness. Watching the pair for a moment or two her hope vanished as the mean one called him back, how could she do this? All she felt was the pain, reasoning was beyond her at the moment but she felt betrayed. She had started to trust that mare to keep the spotted one safe but now she hurt him.

As Parelia's voice came again this time for Ilios he wanted to sweep him away and have him here, but he couldn't. That would not be fair to his son, he did not know what was happening, he couldn't be that selfish. Hesitantly he moved his head back so that the colt could do as his mother requested, he could not stop him. "Never forget what I told you Ilios." He commented softly as he watched him scurry back to Parelia. His mates words caught his ears constricting his throat shut in agony once more. All he could manage was a weak acknowledgement before his head once again fell darkening his vision as his world collapsed around him.

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: @[Parelia] •• NOTES: Totally cried writing this ••

Pixel Base- BronzeHalo