the Rift

the call[leyra spar]

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Archibald had been itching for a good spar after the news on Paladin's challenge to Gossamer had reached his ears. The white mare needed to be challenged--she wasn't the lead Archibald saw in mind for this herd. They needed someone stronger. He himself would have stepped forth, but that is not what Mandrake desired. His family was too prone to leaving when Mandrake lifted her tail, leaving Archibald useless to lead an entire herd because of his undying loyalty to the strict grey mare. Grunting, Archibald shook the thought from his head. He would take his rightful place amongst the herd--and if not, he would encourage Mandrake to move his family to be established elsewhere.

Stalking around the Frozen Arch the night colored brute stopped, white featherd hoof pawing at the ground impatiently. Lifting his head he scented the air, nostrils flaring with cold. Scents were hard to pick up here, and it seemed he was alone. Grunting Archibald rolled his shoulders back and turned on his heels, letting a long, cutting neigh rip from his throat as a challenge to any that were near him. Fight me, those that claim to be of brave heart. Starting his walk Archibald moved in wavering circles, going back and forth from a trot to a walk. His monstrous appearance was brightened by the rippling muscles beneath his dark flesh. Golden yellow eyes hardened, waiting for his opponent.

Archibald let his head lower to the ground and back up again, nose pushing Loretta to stand off to the side. The malamute was itching, too, she fed off of Archibald's violent heat and barked in excitement. She was learning and growing even at six months of age. He enjoyed having her, and enjoyed that his brothers were gaining companions as well. They would do the clan well.

[Word Count: 305 | Archibald is itching for a fight. This thread is planned for Leyra. It is set in the Frozen Arch, in the middle of the day. The tundra is dry and hard with minimal ice or snow near where the battle will take place. The cold will affect their breath and stamina, so let's keep this at three(3) attack posts with a closing defense. With Leyra's lack of magic or companions we will say no to Archibald using his.

I am up for a little bit of aggressive banter in the beginning before they fight if you want to, to get the tension up. ^_^]

Leyra Posts: 88
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 3 years
Dark

Leyra
Learn from Your Mistakes

The mare was wandering quite far from the edge. The sweat dripped from her body and avoided her horn that was placed upon her slightly dished face.

The mare's hooves beat the ground gracefully and swift. The mare's mane and tail were carried into the wind. Her deep blue eyes remained on the slightly icy ground ahead of her. Her hooves touched the cold and icy earth. The mare hesitated, but continued forward. She tossed her head, her haunches launching herself forward. Then the mare collided horn first with a stallion. A largestallion. His coat was as dark as the night. He had white feathered hooves, and a white blaze. He was a draft horse. A large one at that. The mare had collided with him, her sharp horn poking his coal blank flank.

The mare backed up. Her eyes wide. She always liked a challenge. So this stallion would be a good sparring partner. The mare snorted and stomped her hooves, showing she was up for a spar. The mare pawed the ground, her eyes narrowed. She needed this big oaf to move. She wanted to enjoy a gallop without horses interrupting her. But No even in a frozen wasteland there's always horses in her way! And now, no more misses nice mare. She was furious! She stomped her hoof, and tossed her head, her ears plastered to the back of her head. The mare wanted a good spar, or would it be a battle?

Word Count: 246
OOC: sorry it's not too long. ^^ But the horn poke wasn't exactly an attack, soo...

Action
Thought
"Speaking"

I tear my heart open, I sew myself shut
My weakness is that I care too much,
And my scars remind us the past is real
I tear my heart open, just to feel

[Image: 2jewqqh.jpg]

The dark draft waiting, letting the small winds pick at his mane and tail. The gusts were icy, each breath he took in filled his lungs with shards, his nostrils feeling an icy sting juxtaposed with his lungs. Archibald lifted his eyes to the sky, the Orangemoon afternoon hazed and clouded here. The sky threatened to open up and let down snow, he could feel the temperatures fluctuate each day as the season of perpetual cold and ice drew near. He would be well adapted to Frostfall with his naturally thick coat and unruly hair. Not only did his hair aid him, but his sheer size and muscle mass as well. He stayed warm then, with his cold-coat starting to fill in already with the beginning of Orangemoon. The goliath shook his coat out, ears twitching as he settled to wait for his opponent with impatience filling his hooves.

Archibald turned when he heard another approach. Good, someone has come to him. He let his head fall a bit as he arched his neck, muscles tightening in anticipation as he stood, waiting. Archibald grunted as the mare came into his view, she didn't seem to have any intention of stopping. Her horn was pointed straight at him, and he didn't like that. Letting a grunt roll out of his lips Archibald moved away from her horn, its tip running through a tangle in his long tail. As the new girl moved back, wide eyed, Archibald felt her surprise. He was a behemoth, a monster compared to her. She was small, just about 15 hands, and held general appaloosa traits. A horn, long and most certainly dangerous, sprouted from her face. Archibald took note to keep it at bay.

Angered by the approach with her horn he spoke loudly,"Foolish mare, welcome to my battlefield." Archibald's ears pinned to his head and he snapped at her face with his teeth in a warning gesture, then he quickly advanced towards her. His giant form was oddly graceful--a sign of intense training and commitment. Turning slightly Archibald approached her left side. He stopped and struck out at her delicate cannon bone on her left foreleg, curving his neck to bite at her face and defend his side from her horn.

Loretta growled and rumbled from the side, body wiggling as she jogged around them. Archibald let her know quickly she was to stay at the side. This mare didn't seem to have a companion of her own, and Archibald didn't feel a need to fight unfairly...well, any more unfair than the size difference between them offered.

[ Word Count: 434. 1/3 | Warningly, Archibald nipped in the direction of her face, however, intentionally did not let anything fall. Archibald insulted this mare and charged her, running up at a slight angle to her left side. With his massive hooves Archibald struck out at her left cannon, twisting his neck to aim bites at her face and defend himself from her horn.]

Deceased
Dark

Leyra
Learn from Your Mistakes

The mare avoided the large stallions hooves, but he pinched his teeth together on her cheek. The dark red liquid oozed, dripping down her face, following an unused path. The blood stained her white markings on her face. The mare turned back to the large stallion. She charged, going for his right side, but at the last second turned to his left. She held her horn forward, hoping to spear him or at least wound him in anyway. As she did so, the mare nipped at the stallion's soft underbelly. She kept her distance, but also kept herself ready to move if the stallion attacks her with his large and feathered hooves, she slid under the stallion, ducking from his large body, and keeping her head up, so that her horn would maybe scrape along his stomach.

The mare reared up, her hooves swiping the air. She snorted, and landed, stomping her hooves. Her muscles rippled under her roan coat, she stayed back, waiting for the stallions' next move. He may have strength and size, but she had speed and agility. The mare pawed the ground. Her nostrils flared, and her eyes narrowed. She was mad. Realmad.

Word Count: 197
OOC:Kind of a short reply.
Attack:Tries to wound with horn on the ribs or flank. Tries to bite belly. Attempts to cut stomach with horn
Defense: Slides under enemy's belly

Action
Thought
"Speaking"

The strong taste of copper hit Archibald's tongue and he reveled in it. Archibald backed up as fast as he could move his hooves, charging into her as she advanced him. He turned sharply, avoiding her horn on his side carefully. Blood pounding in his ears the stallion bucked up, kicking his back hooves at her face and neck area as she tried to get under him. He felt her horn scrape against his leg, cutting it. Clenching his teeth Archibald turned to face the mare; his hind end tucked in and lowered so his center of gravity was at balance. His leg stung from the long and shallow cut. It was funny how it seemed the smallest cuts seemed to hurt the worst, especially from horns.

Watching her move away Archibald followed, turning aerodynamically, as if he were herding her. He cut her off, charging at her closest shoulder. The heat of the battle was beginning to fill him. This mare thought she had knowledge, but so far had relied only on her horn. Archibald knew about horns--him and Evers had talked about them while training together. They were strong, but weakened at their thin tips. Archibald's eyes narrowed. He was a machine--built for battle and strategy, blessed with a natural talent. Archibald kept his anger reigned in while the mare let her rage fill her. Tsk tsk, a rookie battle.

With a grunt Archibald reared up, thrashing his over-sized hooves down at Leyra's face--aiming carefully for the side of her horn. Archibald wished to break it off, to cause the mare agony. What was a unicorn with a broken horn? Nothing, useless, less than what they were born as. Archibald wanted to see her glory fall, to rub her unicorn arrogance away. If she wanted to leave all of her attacks to that horn, well, then the juggernaut would break it off and leave her to rely on other things. Maybe she had nothing else? Archibald doubted the mare would come accept his challenge with only one form of battle, with only one strategy. Surely, she could not be so thick. Although, not everyone had the upbringing he had. Archibald felt sorry for those like this mare--she had not thought this through, obviously, and by her quick and full force attacks she was inexperienced and hotheaded.

Coming down from his rear Archibald pressed forward once more, lifting his shoulder and tucking his head underneath Leyra's chin, hoping to ram his large body into hers and knock her off balance, maybe even to the ground. Archibald started to breath short and shallow, keeping from taking in large lungfulls to keep the icy sting as low as possible. Fighting in the tundra was an excellent idea, but it surely had its downfalls. The footing was nice with the lack of ice and snow in the area he had chosen. The earth was hard and he kept his hooves planted firmly, no grass to slide around and cause him to slip. He enjoyed this very, very much.

[Word Count: 510 2/3 | Archibald felt his bite land and backed up quickly, and then rammed forward when Leyra charged him. He turned sharply to avoid her horn and bucked when she tried to get under him, his kicks aiming for her face or anything really to keep her out from underneath him. Her horn sliced the inside of his leg, the cut is really long and bleeding but not too deep. When Leyra ran away from Archibald he followed, cutting her off and running at her he reared up and kicked towards her face, his attack intended to break her horn. Coming down from his rear Archibald charged Leyra, hoping to knock her off balance or knock her to the ground. ]

Deceased
Dark

Leyra
Learn from Your Mistakes

The mare felt the impact of the large stallions' head. It pushed her sideways, but she then twisted, escaping from further damage. She angled her self, coming back to the stallion.

The heavy black stallion aimed a kick at her head with his large hoof, she swooped her head down, avoiding the stallions heavily feathered hooves. The mare went to bite the tinted white hairs, hoping to pull them, stunning the stallion.

She stood up, the stallions' hoof aimed at her precious horn. The mare slipped down, but the stallions' hoof was flying so fast, it caused part of her ear to split and go flying. The mare's eyes widened. She was mad now. The mare whipped around, aiming to slam the points of her hooves into the stallions' white marked face.

The stallion rammed the appaloosa mare again, and she staggered, but caught herself with her black hooves, and tried to slam her gray horn at the stallions' eye or face, hoping to blind him in or cut him. The mare kept her ears back, and her teeth bared. She also loosened the muscles in her neck, allowing her to snap her head or neck to a safe place if the stallion attacked her horn, head or neck again. The mare stomped her hoof. She wasn't even winded yet.

Word Count:220
Attack: tries to rip out some feathering on his legs. Also tries to slam her hooves into his face. The attempts to slash his eye or face with her horn

Action
Thought
"Speaking"

His intentions of breaking her horn were damaged, but he did manage to tear off part of her ear. His hooves were dangerous, not because they were sharp, but because they were large, hard and had a lot of power behind them. Archibald's Clydesdale blood graced him with exquisite muscles, powerful and deadly with the amount of training he has put in. At three years old Archibald was beyond his time. Calculating, cold, detached from his emotions. He moved like a machine, programmed to cause pain and pain alone when in battle.

He took no pity on the inexperienced mare, and even snorted a bit when she pulled some hairs out of his feathers. Pah. Archibald didn't understand why a mare with such little experience would battle such a staggering opponent--it didn't matter if she was brave or quick, Archibald had experience and strength on his side. The mare hadn't even utilized her speed well, and Archibald knew to keep this up close and personal. No pity, he would battle her. He hadn't intended to fight unfairly, but now he had no other choice.

Archibald felt Leyra's hooves crash into his shoulder with his new position of ramming into her. A bruise, he thought, how cute. Narrowing his eyes Archibald bit at her exposed jugular as she loosened her neck muscles. Archibald continued to press his body into her's, keeping his head tucked under her's to protect his face from her horn. She must look awfully silly with her horn flying in the air and a large stallion pushing into her shoulder and chest, biting at her jugular.

Wilder would have pride in Archibald, after all, almost everything the black stallion learned he had inherited from the war-torn white Pegasus. His oldest brother was a warrior, too, and had passed his skills and knowledge to Archibald. Mandrake had helped, too, knowing many things about battles and quick murders. All of his brothers had the basic skills of a warrior, definitely able to defend themselves and take an opponent to their knees when need be, but Archibald truly held a vast cavern of knowledge that he brothers did not when it came to fighting. Wilder and Mandrake saw to that, Archibald would redeem Mandrake’s dreams and keep the pride of her sons up.

[ Word Count: 383 3/3 | Leyra managed to kick Archibald's shoulder because he kept his body tucked into the area of her shoulder, chest and under her neck. He bit at her exposed jugular and kept pushing his body weight into her, hoping still to knock her down or tire her out. While he is pushing he is still biting at her jugular. ]

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
72 hours has passed since Archibald has last posted. The alotted time for Leyra to post has expired, therefore Archibald wins by forfeit.

If you have any questions you can read here: http://helovia.net/misc.php?action=help&hid=24#fighting or PM the official account.