the Rift

[OPEN] Burning || Birth, open

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina

memories,
haunting my mind

Moons had passed since that night on the meadow, the night I met Krieger for the second time and was half-forced, half-talked into letting him mount me. Moons had passed and now my sides stood out like a huge ball, making my back look like a down-rounded slope and giving me even more stretch marks. I had gone through so much pain whenever I walked, I've needed more sleep than usual and I've eaten so much. My Desired and I were walking next to a stream, not far from the Falls Meadow. The moon was looking down at us, lighting our path so that we wouldn't trip over some rock.

'I'm going to stay fat after this one, there's no way I'll be skinny.' My bonded rolled her eyes and looked at me, and I knew that look all too well. 'Just exercise an-' 'No, I will stay fat.' I was stubborn, more than usual, and it made the feline irritated. I knew she tried to hide it, but I always knew. The cat didn't even try to calm my worries again because she knew I was impossible. Instead, she changed subject. 'I heard interesting days ago.' I looked down at her, raising a brow. What? "What are you talking about?" 'Pegasus. She talk about Asylum. Bad things, impossible information.' I froze, and the jaguar came to sat down right in front of me. "What did she say?" 'She said half Asylum crazy. Nobody except Asylum knows about Asylum.' "What exactly did she say? Replay the conversation in your head, you know I can hear it." Slowly, my eyes closed and I concentrated on the bond between me and the black femme, trying to focus on the words she replayed inside her compact head.

'"This herd is not safe for our son! I mean half of these creatures here are from the Asylum, crazies!" "What if they are all blood crazy and decide our son looks tasty or something?!" "Ciceron I'm sorry... I had no right to snap at you, it's just.. I can't take it here. I can't live in fear any longer. I'm supposed to be safe in my own herd!"' At the end, I snapped back my head violently and gasped quietly. "Circuta must know about this. Nobody talks shit about our family witho- Ugh!" The rest of the sentence was dismissed as I suddenly felt a gnawing pain in my abdomen. "We must... Tell... Circuta..." A pushing feeling made me immediately realize what was happening and I called out in agony.

'Now? Really? Foal, you could've waited a while more.' I closed my eyes in pain and fell, my legs gave away for my heavy weight and the soft grass became my mattress. 'Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, FUCK.' Dezba threw an angry gaze at me, her ears slightly turned back against her neck. 'Not swear! Foal hear you.' I glared at her before I closed my eyes again and fell to my side, calling out in pain as the contractions started to burn in my abdomen. Why was it that it still hurt even though this was the third fucking time? MY THIRD time and it still hurt like the first. "Go.. and get... help." She shook her head and I opened my eyes widely, glaring at her with pain glazing my blue orbs. "NOW!" This time, she ran away.

I moaned loudly and even though the contractions felt like they were making me lame in half of my body, I stood up again and started to walk in a circle. It's time. It's time. And I didn't have a mate to support me this time. The realization gave me headache. 'Azzaron, please forgive me,' I thought as tears started to dwell in the corners of my eyes. 'Forgive me for having this child. Forgive me for leaving you behind. Please forgive me and give me strength,' I prepared for another contraction and moaned again. Why did this feel much worse than the other births? Or had I already forgotten the pain, the agony that my children had caused me while coming out of my womb?

In a try to reduce the pain, I lied down again on my side and started to roll. Roll, roll, roll your foal, gently in the grass. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily... Life is but a.. "FUCK!" That didn't help. Itdidn'thelpatall. I cringed and whinnied loudly, desperate to get help as soon as possible. But little did I know, nobody would come around until a lot later. Now crying, I rolled up into a lying position and swept my tail aside, ready. "I'm not ready. I'm not ready. Foal, WHY are you doing this to me? What have I ever done you?!" I cried out, turning my head to snap at my dark belly. My gaze wandered up and about, looking for the black arrow that was my Desired and bonded - but I saw no signs of her yet. "Dezba..."
Three hours later, I was still in agony. Nothing fucking ever happened. Once again, I was up on my hooves and walking in a circle - opposite direction from before - and tried to make the pain more easy to work with.

I was thinking about Mauja, to pass the time and have something other than birth to think about. "Learn from it. And for fuck's sake—hold on to them." He had meant my family - the one I loved with all of my heart and yet, I continued to succeed with destroying it and blaming it on others. How many times had I talked to Destry since she was even born? Or taught her how to act around others? Very, very few times. I was such a horrible mother so I could I ever hold on to my family? They were the ones holding onto me, barely even that. But my thoughts shattered of course when then, finally, it started. My contractions happened with less space between them and I lied down - or more correctly fell down - on my side again to finally start this hell.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

It took me two hours to get the foal out. I had been in pain, sweating and screaming all alone during this birth, but it had been worth it, for at my feet was a beautiful, stunning black filly who shivered extremely to start her blood circulation. The white membrane bag she had been growing in inside of me was still wrapped around her dark hind legs, but thanks to her front hooves she had been able to rip it apart and was now breathing - with slight difficulties though due to the goo in her airways. I stood up - careful to control my legs so that I wouldn't hurt her - and turned around so that I would face her.
Without a single doubt, I started to lick her beautifully shaped face - she had a roman nose, oh my - and licked her nostrils and corners of mouth clean. I then gazed over her tiny body, looking closely for any deformities.

Upon her back were a brindle-like pattern, similar to my own markings but deep red at the spine and faded to white at the ends. Her mane and tail were black and gray-striped accompanied with white fringes and the filly's eyes... They were a golden yellow, making her eyes almost glow, but blue rings around her pupils ruined it and it warmed my heart a little. She had blue in her eyes. Just like Destry and Azarel. Drops of sweat had made stripes on my dark face and I tasted one as I smiled - widely, lovingly. "Cahira," I whispered, bumping my maw against the small white stump of a horn that decorated her forehead. She was the first of my children to have a stump. "That shall be your name. Cahira." She was perfect. My third child and second daughter, Cahira. I lied down next to her before turning my head to push her even closer to me. And before I knew it, I started to lick off the membrane and everything else.

I was now a mother of three. But one thing was also true, I wasn't the only mother by the river that night.

A wave of calm washed over me and I looked up from Cahira, looking into the woods. When would Dezba come back? How far had she been running to find someone? A sigh escaped my lips and I lowered my head again, embracing my filly lovingly. The embrace didn't last for long though because a presence - the one - interrupted me. Once again I glanced up and my eyes opened wide, staring. "M.. Mo.." "Don't, my childe. Don't speak." Her soothing voice calmed me again and I stared at her, wrapping my tail around the black filly next to me as good as I could. "Why are you here?" "Can't your own mother appear at her own daughter's third childbirth?" The starry-coated mare smiled and I reflected her emotions, tears slowly starting to escape my gaze and run down my cheeks. "Cahira..." I watched as my mother came closer to us and by instinct, I wrapped my tail even more around her. This didn't pass the unicorn's attention. "Don't worry, my childe, I will not hurt her." Her blue eyes looked into mine and I felt her love rush through my veins as she lowered her head to my newborn. Slowly, my tail loosened up.

"She's beautiful. Just like Destry and Azarel." Greyskie looked at me, smiling widely. And all I could do was smile back - I didn't even question her appearance. "But this time, I won't disappear within a few minutes. I will from now on always be here for you, always guarding your new family through new eyes." Confusion replaced the happiness and love. What? "Mother, what do you m-" The sentence died before it was finished as I watched my Mother's spirit slowly turn into starry, shimmering dust and a sudden warm wind made her go right in my newborn's direction. "Wait.. WAIT!" But she didn't.

Before I knew it, my Mother was gone and my daughter was coughing up something that looked like stardust. "Cahira? Baby, are you alright?" I lowered my head and started to nuzzle the babe, tears running down my cheeks fast. What had she done? What had mother done to my baby?!

"Talking"
'Thinking'
'Dezba thinking'

wordcount // 1728
tags // Cahira && Kiara && Destry && Zünden && Circuta && Oxy
ooc // The first to reply after Cahira/aeolle is allowed to powerplay Dezba coming to get them.

[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Cahira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
tambako @flickr

BUT KNOW, IN SOME WAY I'M THERE WITH YOU
Up against the wall on a Wednesday afternoon

From crepuscule confinement she came— virtuous and chaste, wide-eyed and guileless, unrighteous and sinfulness breathing atrocious chains against her damp sinew, callous and tyrannical, the brine and the shore, crashing and tumulous, enwrapped in turmoil, for her birth is the unhallowed and heinous weaving of a butcher and his harem, gulping in saccharine oxygen in trembling lungs, exhaling, meek and lenient and peculiar, bleating in bewilderment and laughable grievance as a rough tongue laps across her dome and flesh, floundering and writhing and inquisitive at the somber and humid world— at the brilliant, silver sphere that gleams down from above, attempting to stretch her dome up to snap at the offending fluorescence, and clicking her maw in vain at her efforts, closing down on only the barren and desolate air and naught more, hazily reaching to gaze at the articulation of cacophonies, Cahira (the godsblood) and she queries as to the meaning, but it is hers, her name (yet she has no knowledge of what a name is), and she bleats again in blatant retort.

She might be ravenous and rapacious if she had known how to hunger, and she might have found perplexity if she had seen the luminous woman's demise and her rise to glory again, yet she did not know of the barbarism and malice, depravity and casualties, and so she regards the Lady of the gloom ambiguously, she is lustrous and astral as the skies with the hanging sphere above, starry, and the connections ping within her cranium— she is starry, they are stars, but in the next moment her dam is wailing, shrieking (what is a dam?), and the childe flattens her doe like harks against her dome and fusses, inhaling a breath of oxygen from her lungs in dignity to exhale another, emphatic BLEAT.. and then she convulses in a sneeze, expelling grime in the shape of flakes from her nostrils as if it were stardust, coughing and spluttering in a less than royal way as her dam, the onyx woman with wan zigzags on her hide nudges her, inquiring her welfare, and she responds by attempting to soothe her injured, childish ego with a grandeur attempt at standing, lanky pillars buckling on her first try, tumbling into a pile of gnarled and tangled body parts, bits of grass clinging to her cowlicks of mane, and still sneezing she utters a unrefined and humorous, thoroughly engaging squeal of fury and blustering abashment.

(As you can tell, the suckling has a magnificent amount of self-preservation and honor).

thanks tamme

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

The loud profanity that boomed from Mother's throat brought me home. I came quickly and quietly, flying above the Falls to see what exactly was happening. I came in quite a rush, tumbling in with an ungraceful landing into the grass. I shake myself out, solemn faced, trying to hold back my fear. I was afraid she was being attacked by someone, or something.

I hadn't really spoken to Mother lately, rather kept to myself and stayed out of her path. I hadn't seen her in so long either, which is odd because we live in the same herd. Our bond had crumbled, falling apart before my eyes as she went absolutely out of her mind after Father's death. It hurt to see her mental (and physical) well being deteriorate, but now I saw a whole new problem as I closed in on Mother.

A small, wet lump lay beside her, dark as night. Not dark like the sky of the night, tinted with purple like me, but dark as night. The foal was sprawled out, desperately trying to stand up on lanky little legs. I watch, my brow raised in an act of confusion. This was..

Was this —?

I stare at Mother in pure horror, tears rushing to my face as the blood slowly seeps away, my eyes wide. She couldn't— she wouldn't! I am horrified at what she's created, this thing that she dare call her own. That shares blood with me! How could she do that?! In an act of pure rage, I scream at her, "you unloyal bitch! How could you do this?! What about Father?! Does he just not matter anymore?! Have you gone so far out of your mind you've forgotten you ever loved him?!" Whirling around, I spit one last thing. "Don't you dare even think of speaking to me again. And keep that thing out of my sight." I run away now, sobbing as I realize what I have done.

I have no one now. I am alone in this world, all because of my stupidity.

"blah blah blah."

ooc: well des is in... now out.
word count: 352

SquirrelyTodd.deviantart.com | TwiWolf.deviantart.com

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Azarel Posts: N/A
Unregistered

silverflames,
lighting up the night

I never should've left home.

As I heard screams - my mother's screams, I knew them better than anything by now - I ran home as quick as I could. Mother, I could only hope you were not in danger. It didn't take very long for me to get home because I had wandered about just outside the borders, near the passage to the Frostbreath Steppe. Gods damn me, why did I have to run away from home in the first place? Aslan meowed on my back, holding on as hard as he could, causing long stripes of blood run along my scarred withers. But I didn't care. Mother was my focus now and nothing else.

I prepared to see blood and exposed teeth when I entered home, but instead, I came just in time to see Destry scream and run away from something that I could barely believe. "You unloyal bitch! How could you do this?! What about Father?! Does he just not matter anymore?! Have you gone so far out of your mind you've forgotten you ever loved him?!" Mother... I stared after Destry, switching between her disappearing shadow and the black newborn on the ground next to Mother. My head turned to the way my sister had gone and I called out at the top of my lungs. "DESTRY! Come back!" She was gone. She was gone and I knew that I had to find her later to talk sense into her. But first...

My mismatched gaze fell on Mother and the foal, slightly hurt inside. Why hadn't she told me? Why had she kept this a secret from my sister and I? "Mother... Why? When?" Out of pure curiosity, I stepped closer to them and I lowered my head to the newborn who had fallen together in a tangle mess of legs. It was a unicorn and as I gazed at it's hind, I saw that it was a filly. The cub upon my back meowed loudly, curious about the newborn foal. "M-mom... Why? Don't you love father anymore?" Tears started to dwell up in my eyes and I turned my golden head to the lightning mare. Did she even know how much pain she just caused me and Des?

With closed eyes I rose my head again and sighed. That's was when Mother spoke for the first time since I arrived. "I was forced, my son... He was too strong, but he's dead now... I chose not to tell you two because I was too afraid how you would react." She looked up at me, tears running down her cheeks, and I sighed heavily. Then I fell to my knees next to her, Aslan held on as good as he could and when I was down, he jumped off my back to investigate the filly. "Who was he?" "I never got his name." As I looked at my mother, her head was down and her black forelock was covering her eyes. What was she thinking right now? Was she going to search for Destry even though my sister had clearly said to never speak with her again?

"Hey... I'm going to talk to sis. If she hears that you were forced, perhaps she can forgive you." I nudged her cheek and then looked over at the filly. She was completely black except for red and white lightning-looking markings on her back. They looked just like Mother's markings but... Where did the red come from? Perhaps the father? "What is her name?" "Cahira." Cahira. That was a beautiful name. Slowly, I stretched my muzzle towards the filly and let a slight smile crook my lips. "Hello little sis... I'm Azarel."

"Talking"
'Thinking'
'Aslan thinking'

wordcount // 612
tags // -
ooc // ;n;

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina

memories,
haunting my mind

A smile took away the tears in my eyes as I watched the filly sneeze, and then try to stand up only to fall with her legs in every direction. I was just about to part my lips when I heard the sound of hooves and turned my head - only to see my oldest daughter standing there, staring at me. My eyes opened wide as I realized what she really saw and I opened my maw to speak, but it was too late. The damage had been done. "You unloyal bitch! How could you do this?! What about Father?! Does he just not matter anymore?! Have you gone so far out of your mind you've forgotten you ever loved him?! Don't you dare even think of speaking to me again. And keep that thing out of my sight." My lips started to tremble as I watched the filly turn around and run. 'Destry... DESTRY!' Her name was called out in my head, but echoed together with a voice in reality as well. My gaze wandered and I soon found Azarel, who was staring after Destry and switching over to Cahira.

'Fuck. What am I going to say? What am I going to do? I have to find Destry again. I have to make her understand. Azarel...' "Mother... Why? When?" Tears once again started to dwell in my blue gaze and I just looked down, ashamed of myself. Why hadn't I told them? Azarel would've understood... Right? Destry would've as well... Maybe? "M-mom... Why? Don't you love father anymore?" I looked up at him, our eyes met and I felt my heart break apart inside of me. When the colt turned away his head and closed his eyes, I decided to speak even if my voice was low and playing on broken tones. "I was forced, my son... He was too strong, but he's dead now... I chose not to tell you two because I was too afraid how you would react." Tears ran down my cheeks as I looked at him and I gasped quietly when he decided to gaze upon me again.

The golden boy sighed and fell on his knees next to me, and that was when I saw a little lion cub jump off his back. He... He had a companion? "Who was he?" "I never got his name." Oh, I hated to lie in front of my own child, but it was necessary. If Azarel had gone and found Krieger, who knows what would happen? I didn't want to risk it. I looked down and felt the shame burn in my face. I really hated to lie. "Hey... I'm going to talk to sis. If she hears that you were forced, perhaps she can forgive you." He nudged my cheek and I smiled slightly before I looked at him again, catching him gazing at my newborn daughter. "What is her name?" I took a deep breath before replying. Would they grow up to like each other? Would Destry later approve of her sister or would she forever hate us? Did she hate Azarel? "Cahira." I whispered, watching him stretch his muzzle towards the filly. "Hello little sis... I'm Azarel."

My lips trembled as I looked down again, giving up a heavy, unsteady sigh. "Destry hates me. She was my firstborn, everything was supposed to be wonderful, but I did so wrong. I did everything wrong." I looked at my son with a cloudy gaze and then turned my head to Cahira again. "I miss Azzaron..." And then I cried as I embraced my newborn again. My ruby-eyed lover would never come back and it was my fault.

"Talking"
'Thinking'
'Dezba thinking'

wordcount // 611
tags // @[Cahira]
ooc // The first to reply after Delinne's family is allowed to powerplay Dezba coming to get them.

[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:

Zünden Posts: 75
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.3 :: Four [Birdsong] HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Pare
Zünden
The filly had already started to wonder farther and farther from her mother. This was a big world and she wanted to explore it all, even if she would have to face trouble with her mother. She wan't even a little worried about getting in trouble, not that she knew what trouble was, yet anyway, it was only a matter if time. Shaking her already horned head the filly trotted from place to place sniffing the grass or a tree. The thunder cloud filly wondered vaguely were her father was. The towering white and red stallion was the first one to touch her, and he even named her. In her mix-matched eyes he was an idol, her true family, well besides her brother. He wasn't all that fun to play with though, he was to much of a thinker. She sighed and was just about to turn and head back to mother when the black cat, the one that had come with the large black and white stripped mare. It was running as fast as possible looking for something, well she assumed anyway. She squealed to get it's attention, it turned towards her. She spoke in her childish way, "Find mother if need help." The cat growled and streaked off again like a shadow.

She grumbled, why were words so damn hard to find? Shaking her head she looked around. Why was the cat in such a hurry, then she remembered the black mare was carrying a child. 'Maybe she is having her baby!' She thought excitedly and trotted after the cat's scent. She seemed to run forever and was just about to stop and take a break when she heard a very angry voice. The filly kept up her awkward canter. Skidding to a stop as she saw the mare, a buckskin colt, and a dark grey and red foal trying desperately to stand. The stormy filly walked slowly towards the trio her head lowered trying to be submissive. Her voice was already twinged with the deep quality it would hold, "Hi I saw cat and came." She hated talking more than anything right now. Shrugging it off she strode slowly towards the three her eyes on the new foal. It looked a lot like herself and her brother. A thought scurried just out of reach for her young brain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Words: 391 @[Delinne] "Talking" "Thinking"

Image Credit

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily
Kiara

As usual, Keiran was never far from the wandering filly. Not that Kiara didn't think her daughter could handle herself.... But she had thought that about Malachi too. She had failed him, she would not fail her daughter and son now. Her son was close, sleeping or something. The roan mare quickly followed the mental pull of her bonded to see where her daughter was going.

It did not take long for them to find out. The black mare, her herd sister who had arrived to help her after the birth of her twins and help chase off Krieger had given birth. The roan girl could not help but smile. She waited before going closer. She watched her little girl and how she moved. Even if she had not wanted them in the beginning, both foals were a blessing. They gave her something else to live for. The only regret was that they were not with Breeze. Her heart still ached for the pegasus knight who had helped soften her towards males.

Slowly the roan made her way closer, coming to stand near her daughter. "Congratulations, she's beautiful. What have you decided to call her?" Her eyes glance to her daughter, taking in the grey roan of her frame to the markings that tied the three foals as half siblings. The red markings came from their father, the rest came from them. It would be up to them, as mothers to raise the children to be who their father was not. No matter what pretty line of words he may of used at the birth.

"Talking"

Image Credit

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Adelric Posts: 101
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 16.3hh :: 1.5 [Birdsong]
Tobias :: Common Cerndyr :: Lamplight Sevin
Adelric
The half-child may sleep now, may whisper into the grasses all of the magical dreams that dance through his head, but he never sleeps for long when he feels that his mother, his true mother, has wandered off. So the child wakes up, mismatched eyes looking all around him for the beautiful mare that has brought him into this earth, but she is nowhere to be seen and so he bleats loudly into the air as he struggles to stand. “Mother! Zünden!” he calls out, eventually making it to his feet. Still, no answer is give, and so the needy child begins to move, begins to crawl through the brush and the bushes, until he hears his mother whinny back to him and he sets off in that direction at a wobbly trot.

When he arrives at the scene, he can't help but be surprised at the sheer number of horses present. It reminds him of his birth, of the day he was welcomed into this earth, and so his thinking mind instantly begins to wonder if this is the norm for every birth. Are all births joyous occasions where the mother is surrounded by friends and family? It must be, he decides, in the same way that he has decided that every adult mare is followed by a black cat. He will learn that his wrong soon enough, but for now he feels that he may at least be accomplished in one area of his life, if he is inadequate in the rest of his life.

“Mother, sister,” he says as he walks up beside Kiara, pressing against her with a low rumbling attempt at a nicker. But, truth be told, he is more interested in the black filly that lays on the ground and his second mother that has welcomed her into the earth. “Mother,” he calls to Delinne as he nears her, trying to see if he can get close enough to extend his nose to her, not knowing that his childish greeting to her might cause more strife in her life, more tension in her family. After all, he has missed their conversation. “She's.... pretty,” he offers then, wondering if he is allowed to comment, hoping he has not overstepped his bounds, and suddenly wishing he could disappear back into the bushes where he might be more welcome. He suddenly feels very exposed, very much the center of attention (even if it is not true) and he shivers on his hooves as he waits, sure that he will be berated for his intrusion into this intimate moment.
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Adelric at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Adelric unless it is in an opening post

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
The worst part about the woods you live in, besides the fact that they're ruled by complete morons, is that they're always a hot mess of noise. You can't ever get a moment of peace here in the Falls and today is no different. So you try to roll your eyes and ignore what's happening and pretend that you're going to be able to get some sleep. Except it's not true. Any of it. Sighing dramatically, you shake your head and roll over, trying to cover your head with a pile of leaves, but that doesn't seem to work either. Eventually, you have no choice but to give up your beauty rest and go see what the hell the problem is and yell at it to make it shut up.

Sighing dramatically, you heave your heavy body into a trot and wobble your way through the woods until you are suddenly greeted with a dramatic scene around you. In fact, you're so shocked that you have to stop and look with a hazy gaze at what's going on around you, because you're pretty sure you're seeing double. Two black cats. Two colts. Two fillies. Two mares. At least there's only one of you. Still, you came here for a reason. “You could make a little more noise,” you suggest to them all, frowning as you try to assess what's going on.

While you initially thought you were seeing double because of your drugs, the more you assess the situation the more you realize that everyone here is their own individual person and they all seem to be particularly interested in one very small black filly on the ground. So, since you're here and you might as well be nosy and obnoxious (hey, they were too!), you decide to go ahead and approach the mother and her newborn. Looking down at her with furrowed brow, you try to assess your feelings on the situations through the fog that fills your mind and you kind of end up blank.

But as the child continues to try and rise, you can't help but sort of grumble out a ridiculous laugh. “Your newborn looks high,” you offer, for once meaning no offense, but rather truly amused by this revelation. Have you ever even seen a newborn since you tumbled into your life-altering addiction? You don't suppose you have. But anyways, you're probably going to get kicked out anyway, so you just sort of snort and shake your head and start to turn around, preparing to make your exit. Better to leave now before they get all crazy. Even you, warrior extraordinaire, are no match for the two mares and their cats.

@[Delinne]
we all look for ways to make the pain go away
- bg - table - manip -
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Cahira Posts: N/A
Unregistered
tambako @flickr

BUT KNOW, IN SOME WAY I'M THERE WITH YOU
Up against the wall on a Wednesday afternoon

From the moment the godsblood had been birthed into the realm of Loorien, wide-eyed and guileless, yet upholding the weight of the world upon her withers, she had made infantile deductions upon the ways of the world, such as all babe's and all dam's are sable (she will later compare it to the hue of a raven's frame), and— although she cannot quite stretch her neck backwards enough to peer at her own markings— must be born with zigzags (which she will also later compare to flashes of lightning, across lavender stormclouds). The second decision the inky youth makes is that all equines must have spiky things attached to their foreheads (to which she makes a assessment of as she attempts to ogle at her dam's— which ends up with the so named godsblood cross-eyed and seeing double). This was no good, of course, and she lets the world know this with a disgruntled, scrunched up expression on her face, smacking her babyish lips together in utter resentment. Did Zigzags have dual pointy things, or a singular pointy thing? Did she have dual faces or one face? It was all far too much for the cherub's mind to scrutinize. Zigzags, whom was related to her through some process known as dam, could shape herself into a dual headed, dual spiky things equine, or she could be a one headed equine. Could she do the same? Of course she must, Zigzags is her dam, whatever a dam is. This means she must look like Zigzags (and the wave of conclusion and self-contented satisfaction at her tough deliberation on the matter is triggered like a wave crashing upon the shore, laboring at the beach).

Indeed, the babe could've contemplated the geer's and cog's of the brand new place she has arrived at forever, perused and combed over why there was a persistent aroma of something.. something in the air she breathes (and this, too, she will later come to know as the distinct odor of copper and salt, cruor staining the grass where she had been born, sweat slicking her dam's flesh from the delivery and throes). And yet, instead, the eventide skies split apart, the very earth betwixt her cleft hooves shatters into a trillion pieces, for there, goggling at them with what could only be described thereafter as a mix of horror and infuriation, stands another onyx, stained lilac and spheres the little girl shall, when she learns of the material, describe only as tarnished cardinal glass, shiny and damp. She's alluring and delightful, with the amethyst pointy thing, and the cogs in her brain whirl again (she decides that the foreigner, the damsel, ties into the twilight skies, unlike the brisk and monochrome slate of her own sinew). This isn't why the skies divide and the earth tremors— why the satisfaction that had brimmed up inside her wilts away— no, the lass, the damsel, the.. The has something attached to her sides.
The The has wings!

WIth a great intake of breath, struggling like a boat lost at sea, she grapples her own tongue and has a row with her lungs before, in a huffing exclamation of knowledge, she blurts out— "Puuur-pl-eee." (It sounded deplorable).
And then, with more force, "Purple!" A elated, jubilance filled grin, spreading across her entire maw is the end result, thrilled with her sweeping achievement at language, awaiting the charmed praise of a response.
It dwindles and shrivels into a doleful lump when The screams at her instead. She speaks in terms the suckling has yet to have learnt— father, The says, ire and violence etching her, what Cahira had only expected to be, lacy tones. Unloyal, profanity she had not yet learnt, spittle flying as her harks lay low against her dome, and her bottom lip trembles like a mere leaf. "Don't you dare even think of speaking to me again. And keep that thing out of my sight."

And so, at a age where she should have been infatuated with butterflies, the youth learns of venom and malevolence, scorn, and the teeming emotion that tells her that this is her blunder, her defect, that she is why Zigzags cries and The escapes into the coppice, that her birth is unnatural and purple is a bad, bad word that the godsblood shouldn't have said. She seals her maw closed, determined not to miff Zigzags as she had The with her speech, when someone else comes. Someone who is not maternal, not a matron, someone who gleams like stars, yet is aureate as what she shall learn to call the Sun. They bellow after The, call The Destry, and she rolls the name about her cranium, deflated and dismal, mismatched stare resting upon the boy. All girls are ebony, she declares, although there is no cheer in the thought, no rush of pride. He's lovelier then her, too, like Zigzags is lovelier then her. She's monochrome, dull, and drab, from what she can see. Does she even have a pointy thing? Any of her logic is thrown out the window now, floating aimlessly about her young mind. When he speaks to Zigzags, he calls her Mother, Mom, and she decides that this must be Zigzag's true name. He seems unsettled, grieved and dismayed, and this only furthers her deduction that she is unnatural, that she is odd and strange and should not be. Whilst they speak, she battles and endeavors to her wobbling hooves, precarious and wavering, reticent and bashful as he eventually notices her, stretching his dome outward to meet her own.He-ell-ooow, she thinks, stretching the syllables out in her mind, skittering away on jittery hooves at the mewling, fuzzy being comes with him, and Mother reaches to embrace her. But she's odd, and her infernal tongue won't listen to her and— "Azaahrel. Thing. Am," (disheartened at her lack of smooth speech, quivering vocals). She is not Cahira, she is Thing, and the pretty glass eyed girl said so. "Thing."

She doesn't have long to make Azaahrel understand, however, because another stranger approaches, checkered charcoal and iron as the pebbles that are dotted here and there across the lush grass. Closer, she attempts to press to her golden sibling, doe eyed, abashed and spooked by the rush of new domes that follow. A charming, sugary roan, lacking a pointy thing on her forehead, petite and compact, followed by a snowy and fawn boy, and dual, large, onyx felines. Why she special? She odd. She unworthy. Why are there so many? Her little brain cannot comprehend the sheer amount, and as the fawn boy declares the sugary lady his mother, and then Mother his mother, she becomes perplexed. Is the roan also Mother? She must be, if Mother is his mother. He, and the stony girl, must be her siblings, alongside her golden brother. "He-loo-ow. Helloooow. Sib-lin-g? Sibling!" A lisp accompanies her speech, certainly due to her new knowledge of it, and lack of understanding of how to shape words. It could be adorable, but the girl doesn't know that, because she's a odd girl, and odd girl's are not adorable. However, the confidence in the belief that the roan is also her Mother, and that the stony girl and the fawn, chocolate boy are her kin edges her forth, on wobbling, lanky legs, a weak smile beginning to tug at her expression. "You... preety." (It isn't certain which of the trio she aims the words at, perhaps it is all of them, or perhaps it is the chocolate boy who complimented her, even though she is odd and unworthy, for she does not understand that males are generally not pretty and one should pitch their voice towards their intended target).

That's when he shows up. And if Thing thought that the stranger's were enormous, this one is twice as enormous. He's like a mountain, huge and intimidating and scary, and her eyes grow to the size of moons as he approaches, garbling out something that sounds far too much like a squeak to not be a squeak and attempting to dive under the roan mare's girth. “Your newborn looks high,”, says the colossal, and a peek of her mismatched eyes rivets to him like a piece of invisible rope, attached to his face. With a hard swallow (and a rather high-pitched warble to the newly found phrase), she remarks, "Giant," which is really more of a statement than anything, and feels the earth seem to shake at his every move.
That's another reason why she's trying to hide under her second Mother's stomach.

Thing is highly terrified that if he slips on air and takes a tumble, the size of his humongous posterior will land on her face, and she will not only have a tasteful, heaping spoonful of giant's fanny, but a smushed dome, at that. She's only just entered this world, and she doesn't want to leave it by the giant's bum.

thanks tamme

Azarel Posts: N/A
Unregistered

silverflames,
lighting up the night

My sister spoke her first word. "Purple." She called our older sibling purple.

"Destry hates me. She was my firstborn, everything was supposed to be wonderful, but I did so wrong. I did everything wrong. I miss Azzaron..." As the big-hearted colt I was, I leaned closer to my mother and tried to hush her. It wasn't her fault that Destry was a bit... Complicated. Right? It wasn't her fault. It was Destry's own fault, she should've followed mother instead of wandering off on her own. "Mom..." I was interrupted by my newborn sister who spoke. "Azaahrel. Thing. Am. Thing." I smiled, letting out a quiet laugh. "You are Cahira. You are my sister and you are the daughter of Delinne - our mother," I whispered and bumped my maw against her head. Aslan climbed his way onto my mother's back and curled into a ball before falling asleep. Typically him. Always sleeping. Then, they all arrived.

First in line was a filly, dark grey in color with a weird marking on her left front leg. I tilted my head and made the attempt to stand up, guarding my mother and sister from the small foal. "Hi, I saw cat and came." Who the hell was she? I lifted my upper lip and exposed my teeth at her, but stopped as soon as I saw another come forth. She was a red roan, equine and quite much smaller than myself. She placed herself near the grey filly and I soon made the connection daughter - mother.

"Congratulations, she's beautiful. What have you decided to call her?" Proudly I rose my head and looked down at the two. "Cahira. She's my sister. Who are you?" But then another one. Where did everyone fucking come from? The colt, who was brown with a white blanket over his rump, came closer to mother and I exposed my teeth again, warning him. If any of these hurt mother or sister... I would hurt them. Twice as much. "Mother." EXCUSE ME? "She's not your mother, foal." I mumble and presses my ears towards my poll, ruffling the golden feathers. "Our mother. Cahira's and my mother. Not yours." Who was he to even dare saying such a thing? It was enough that my older sibling had called our mother an unloyal bitch.

"She's.... pretty." I looked from the colt to Cahira and a smile started to lurk in the corner of my mouth. She was pretty. Very. But that was none of his business. "He-loo-ow. Helloooow. Sib-lin-g? Sibling!" My eyes opened wide and I looked again from Cahira to the colt and back. "No, sister. We are not related to this one. We are siblings. You, me and Destry." I tried to explain with something that could be recognized as panic in my voice, when a rumbling noise was heard. It was a voice. "You could make a little more noise." I look up from the three visitors and my gaze wanders up even more as the horse came closer. It was a dark stallion, with black horns hovering above his face. He was way taller than me, about as big as that equine by the Edge had been. I glance back quickly, only to realize Cahira had disappeared from mother's side, leaving Aslan to be alone with mother. With another turn of my head, I look at the roan mare and sees my sister underneath her belly, terrified of the giant.

"Your newborn looks high." I snort and turned my head forth again, taking a few steps closer to the giant unicorn. "Do not speak about my sister like that." Behind the stallion, I see something else. A black shadow. 'Dezba.' I looked over at my white-marked sister again and whispered to her. "Come here, Cahira. Stand behind me. Please, sister," I begged, glancing at the giant. My gaze fell on mother too, who was looking exhausted. "Mother..." And she spoke for the first time since before the visitors had arrived. "Oxy. Kiara. Children. Please, step back a little. I still need to rest."

"Talking"
'Thinking'
'Aslan thinking'

wordcount // 677
tags // @[Kiara] && @[Zünden] && @[Cahira]
ooc // -