the Rift

[OPEN] The Plank

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

Sialia Odele
You're totally entertained, and I'm absolutely bored

Glorified, as of yet. Helovia. I had found my way to a dark forest, and I wandered deeper, and deeper. It seemed to get darker as I went. I reveled in the darkness, as I let myself loose. After all, who was here to see?

No one, That is who. I smirked, and I stood quiet, waiting, listening. A small rustle caused my ear to flick in the direction of a dark bush, and I turned my head, a vile smile crossing my face. Slowly, a rabbit came out, wiggling it's small little nose. In a flash I was above it, snaking my head in for the kill. I felt my teeth crunch down on the soft fur. As my powerful jaws closed, the cracking of a broken back split through the quiet, along with one strangled cry of fear before the darkness of death closed in on its kill.

Soon, the salty taste of blood pooled in my mouth, and dripped from the sides, onto the ground. I dropped the rabbit, moving on, and hearing the crunch of skull under my hoof. Now if my prey was only up to size.

I moved deeper, catching, killing, crushing. I had left a trail, and for a moment I was satisfied. I felt to need to have some interaction, scare someone. Maybe? Perhaps.

I thought about my recent encounter with Torleik, the General for the Aurora Basin. I liked him. He didn't want to baby me, and I made it obvious I didn't need babying. His Griffin, Irelyn, was amusing as well. I didn't feel the urge to crush her between my teeth. I thought about my response to his asking how I knew what his Griffin was. I closed my eyes. I had came across some of them once, though they where much bigger. They where not so small. Even the baby's where bigger than his Irelyn.

But, soon I would have to return to my post, in the Aurora Basin. I was a soldier now. I had to listen to orders, at least for a time. I knew my motives, and they were not for the good.

I would not get attached, I wouldn't sell my heart, as it was all I had left after I sold my soul to devil. Even if it was icy cold and frozen to the core. I would make sure it wouldn't be thawed. Love was weakness, and weakness meant I could not complete my goals. I may reproduce with the strongest stallion, but for my bloodline to go on, nothing else.

@[Voodoo]

OOC:
"blah blah blah."

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
and it comes to be like the soothing light
at the end of your tunnel

You've been missing for quite a while one of us murmurs in the back of your hollow skull, Not that any one would notice! the other shouts, allowing each of us to laugh a little at your low rank. You know that you don't matter, and now that two years have passed since we've all come to this fairytale land, you've accepted that you are nothing to this world. Still, a small spark that rested in the depths of your heart had burst into a weak flame; seeing the eyes of something that you had quenched that undying thirst for love, even if you have not seen the young boy since your meeting. Of course, the mare - Aurelia - was still a stranger to you, and how she had reacted to your fresh knowledge of offspring did not make you want to become anything more than just that.

With that weak flame, you continue on, reminded every day that, perhaps, life isn't as bad as it seems. All of these feelings of lost hope and abandonment make a sleepy Ouija whimper from the warm blanket of your thick, wavy hair. Peeking out a fuzzy white face, her big black eyes opening just enough to watch your crimson snout crane to the left; eye contact is made between the two of you for only a second before she is pulling back into her make-shift cave of hair. Slowly but surely, you are headed back to the Throat with no intentions to stop and babble.. but then again, who ever really wants to talk to you? And - of course - with that thought, the heavy thud of violent feet against the earth and the undeniable squeal of pain makes you stop in your tracks, red dipped ears perking forward while empty eyes search the forest uneasily.

Overhead, the limbs of ancient trees twist together, vines that are able to survive the minimal amount of light climbing up and choking out the bark beneath; streams of light filter through the arches, only strong enough to leak out onto the earth below in small patches.. as for the rest of the forest, it is nearly pitch black, and your eyes never truly adjust to this. Silence is a close friend of the dense forest, leaving an eerie cloak across the entire region. We can feel you trying to wake your fearless companion, but she stays in her groggy world of tasty birds and endless fields to bop bunnies' heads.

Wine red eyes search frantically for whatever it is that is upsetting small woodland creatures, but you fail to find anything. A few minutes of silence and standing completely still leads you to believe that the coast is clear, but as always, your body is now tense and on edge. Gnarled hooves touch the dirt soundlessly, crowned skull dropping below your shoulders in order to sneak just a little easier; but what is there to even be sneaking from? Nothing you pussy, Man up! we growl, pacing around the white-washed room that keeps us trapped and locked down.

It only takes a minute for the silence to be shattered once again by another woodland creature's cries; this sends you off of the edge, startling every single nerve and causing your high-strung body to lurch forward. Swerving between close trees covered in the driest moss, you find yourself face to face with a stranger. Front hooves dig into the loose earth, back legs bending beneath your weight to slide to a hault - hopefully before you run into this dark mare.

Text here "Chat here." Voices here
Tagged: @[Sialia]

like a freight train coming your way
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Nessie

Sialia Odele

I was covered in blood. I could only taste blood, and I knew that I smelled of nothing but blood. There was a pounding of hooves, and out of the tree's at full speed came a Silver Grullo. His maw was bloodied, or looked as if it was, and his eyes a maroon.

He was going full speed, and I stood still. I was relaxed. If he was going to run into me I would move, but I figured he would stop. His lithe frame soon came to a halt in front of me, and hell, it was a close call.

My royal blue eyes had an almost bored haze over them, and I looked into his maroon ones. I narrow my eyes at the stallion, watching closely. I studied the grulla thoroughbred for a few moments, before standing straight. "Hello." I said, softly, in a sultry voice. I moved, taking slow steps towards this twitchy stallion, and I circled. "And who, are you?" My voice continued to be soft, and quiet.

"I'm Sialia." I added, and smirked at him as I made it back to the front. I felt like a black panther. I felt the urge to stalk the lithe thoroughbred, and then I caught wind of a odd scent on him. I took a deep breath, breathing in the smell. I couldn't quiet place it, and so I left it be. Anyway, I had already had my fun in my earlier killing spree.

I finally came to a stop, and I turned towards the grulla, perking an ear forward, expectantly.

@[Voodoo]

OOC: He's so springy!
"blah blah blah."

Voodoo

The soil churns beneath your cracked feet, dirt and pine needles wedging into the wide crevices that have shattered long toes. The foul, familiar stench of blood dripped off of the dark stranger with cool eyes, the white streak that leaks down her long face left clean; your nostrils pinch tight against the unpleasant scent and red ears flick backward. Before you can even gather yourself back up, the female is unhesitant in looking you over - Matching you up we growl, ready to pump our minds through your body once that last wall of fear is knocked over. Our hot finger nails curl into scaly palms, pin pricks allowing imaginary blood to seep from our nonexistent hands.

"Hello." the mare begins, her dark eyes almost as black as her hide in this terrible lighting. You tuck your crimson snout into your chest, empty eyes watching her closely, hoping she would not lurch at you if she were to catch you off guard; Ouija rouses from her sleep once more, beyond irritated with the situation. A low growl comes from your dark withers, hidden below the cocoon of hair, until she slips out of the narrow bed and slips to the forest floor. Unaware of what is making you so nervous, she blinks against the black surroundings, her wet nose wiggling to catch the scent of fresh blood. A hungry rumble occupies her never-ending belly, black eyes searching for the kill, landing on the jet black mare.

Kill mutt, kill! we cackle from our white apartment, raking nails against the backs of your eyes, but it is unlike the young cub to violently attack.. she is more of the "let me lick and cuddle you to death" kind of companion. By this time, the nameless mare has taken a broad step forward, completely closing in the already uncomfortable space between the two of you - "And who are you?" she questions, her voice still warm and misleading to your wreck of a mind. "V-Voodoo." You stammer, watching the raven circle around your narrow body.

You can feel her eyes engulfing your tired body, searching you over like a hungry coyote before it drags away the scraps that the mountain lion had left. Beneath you, Ouija waddles out of the stranger's way, twisting between your front legs into her favorite spot, black rimmed ears cupped forward, oily eyes intensely watching the female. "I'm Sialia." the voice finally responds, the body ending before you again where she swings to face you, ears perked forward as if she were expecting something from you. She smells of only the forest and fresh air; perhaps an outcast. You had been tucked away in the Throat for a generous amount of time before heading for the Threshold, so it would be extremely easy for you to have missed this one.

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

Nessie

Sialia Odele

I caught the sight of white in my eyes, and I turned my head, to gaze at the fox. Mhm, yes, of course. I smiled, the fox however was not so pleased to see me. A sudden urge to stomp the creature overcame me, but I held it back. I had enough for one day.

My dark eyes returned to the grulla. He was nervous, and jittery. He uttered his name, and stuttered. My vile smile returned, showing off the white bloodstained teeth in the darkness around us. I wondered, if I scared him. "It is a pleasure to meet you Voodoo."

But was it? I was obviously in a bad state, I wasn't pretty, and perfect, like I had been when I entered this land. I was bloody, and smelt of flesh. Though even then, I suspected that I had set Torleik off. Something in my character was wrong. Only a fool would think me harmless. Only a fool would trust me. Something I gave off seemed to keep others away. I guess, I would have to find some creatures like me, who where born in the darkness, who thrived in it. Then again, wasn't that why I chose the Aurora Basin? It was filled with unicorns like I. But this guy, Voodoo, was a unicorn as well.

"Are you from the Basin as well?" I asked, keeping my voice neutral. I didn't want to scare the skittish thoroughbred off. But something in me wanted someone else to show up, someone to add to our mostly one sided conversation.

@[Voodoo]

"blah blah blah."

Voodoo

The wicked mare smiles down at Ouija, who only returned a growl, and obviously created some vile taste in her blood-coated mouth as the grin dropped from a matte face. The cub sat on her back haunches, a fluffy tail wrapped around the back of your right fore hoof as a reminder of her presence. "It is a pleasure to meet you Voodoo." She coos, listerine blue eyes flickering back to your empty stare. You nod in return, not wanting to offend the shadow mare by being rude. "You too, Sailia." you mumble, ears pulling up from the tangled mess of black hair that coats your neck.

Ouija leans against your left leg, her shaggy fur tickling you enough to cause you to grin, the corners of your lips tugging up as the light hairs brush against your body. Your snout drops to the cub, lipping the top of her head for only a brief second before looking back up to watch the mare's body. If the freshly coated blood was not slung across the stranger's dainty face, she would have not been so intimidating, nor would you have been so uneasy or short on responses. The unsettling nerves in your body remind you that you know these woods, and that you could easily escape in case of attack.. but would she?

"Are you from the Basin as well?" Your ears perk forward at the name, glossy eyes still staring at the cool gaze that belongs to Sialia; so she was fairly new, otherwise she would smell like the wintery acres. A mild grin settles on falsely bloodied lips, a coolness washing over your tense body, but you know better than to let your guard down. "I was, originally. I live somewhere else now." The Dragon's Throat we remind you, snickering at the thought. Going from one to another was a drastic change.. the polar opposite in fact: the Basin, filled with snow and ice and demoralized unicorns who hold a grudge against anyone not of their kind. And the Throat, an accepting homeland who is bordered by the sea and left to roast under the hot sun nearly all year round.

The deepest desire to one day return to the snowy foothills bubbles in your chest, but fear of returning and being banished after living among the winged had always kept you away. "I do miss the Basin." You finally state with a full, rough voice. The words are tarnished with longing, and you want to know everything that the black mare knows about the herd so far. Has she had a chance to explore the tundra?

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

Nessie

Sialia Odele

He reply's to me, stating that he too, was glad to meet me. I doubt that. I think, and I cock my head. I watch as a grin appears on his fake bloodied maw, and then he lowers his head, to lip the white furred fox. I cock my head to the other side. The curiosity boils inside me as to how this relationship works.

The two of the equine I had met thus far, both had been unicorns. Both stallions, and both companions. But, Irelyn had not disliked me like this fox did. I wasn't sure if she had liked me, or disliked me. She was stoic in her regal stance.

As I mentioned the Basin, Voodoo's ears pricked up. He continued to gaze at me, with his maroon eyes. I wanted to know what he was thinking. I took a step forward, and I perked my ears, trying to catch his words. He stated that he used to be from there, but that he lived somewhere else. "Why did you leave?" I asked. I also wondered where he lived now, and I was happy he was beginning to talk more, as I was beginning to get bored.

When I am bored, it is not a good thing. "Where do you live now?" I asked again, relaxing my hind foot. And I caught the words, that he did indeed miss the Basin. I smiled, softly this time. "Well, I am heading back there sometime. You could always follow along." I answered. It was partly an invitation, and partly I wanted to have brought back a previous member. It may get me just where I wanted. In the favor of the lords and the generals.

@[Voodoo]

"blah blah blah."

Voodoo

This stranger was so full of questions, wanting to know why you had left as soon as the words had gotten out of your dry mouth. You shuffle uncomfortably, not exactly sure how to respond, because even you are not sure why you had decided to leave in the first place. "I uhm, I left to find my-" you pause for only a very brief second in order to draw in a shaky breath, "mother." you finish, knowing that you had just lied to this stranger.. a lie that you know would never work if any one knew why you had ever stumbled upon Helovia. Ouija -completely confused on the sudden rush of sadness in your body- whimpers softly, rubbing her soft face against your leg softly.

"Where do you live now?" Jesus, the questions just keep coming! we growl, tossing our hands up in frustration with this mare; when you are tired, we are tired, and a lot grumpier than you are. Just tell her and get the fuck out of here! You need to get back home! we yell, one of us pounding against the inside of your skull with a tight fist. You are still unsure of what to tell her though.. what if she were to go back and tell one of the few that you knew that you now live in the Throat? "I'm an outcast now.. I just, wander." you respond softly, left ear twitching backward as you speak.

You feel so badly lying to this mare, and you know it's wrong, but something in you decides that it is for the best and will save you from some kind of pain. No one from the Basin even remembers you, you idiot we are really getting irritated with you, very, very quickly. Sialia's hard face is softened by what you think is a genuine smile, but you don't let the wall of trust fall, there are a lot of good actors here in Helovia. An invite is extended out to you with that warm smile, and you consider it deeply, deep eyes cast down from her dark face for a second to consider.

"I can't." You respond softly, both ears now turned back solemnly. "I don't belong at the Basin any more." you croak, wet eyes blinking away the image of the vibrant lights that dance across the open night skies. You lift them back up to attempt to reach blue eyes, a grin tugging one side of your lips up; "Thank you though."

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

Nessie

Sialia Odele

I gazed intently at Voodoo, watching quietly as he shifted uncomfortably at my quick question. I narrow my eyes, watching this strange stallion. He then answered my question, stating he had left to find his mother. I noted the pause, the shaking breath, before he continued with saying mother. I couldn't comprehend anyone looking for their mother, as I hated my own. I thought back of when I was a child, when Zerena was born. The look of pure love was upon my mothers face, a look that she had never shared with me. Her demon child.

I had never been jealous of my sister. I loved her as much as my mother loved her, but I was angry and bitter by the fact that my mother never truly loved me, she had obviously loved my sister much more. I wasn't sure if she had ever loved me at all.

I nodded, at the stallion, glancing down at the whimper of the young fox. She rubbed her face against the dark leg of the grulla. I wondered why she had just whimpered, and I glanced back at this stallion. I wondered if he could possibly be lying to me. "I do hope you find her." I replied dryly, suddenly drawing back in, suspicious of the words Voodoo was giving me.

At my question on where he now resided I noticed a pause before he would respond. He stated that he was now an outcast, that he wandered. His left ear twitched back, and mine both flew back. "An Outcast. The name makes it sound cursed." I answer, watching the grulla thoroughbred.

I stood, stoic once more, I was a soldier, a soldier for myself I thought. I watched, my last silken words lingering in the air. I felt my face turn stony, away from the kind smile I had put on as a mask as I heard the response. He almost seemed sad, and his eyes wet. I tried my best to understand his sadness, but with my limited emotional capabilities I found it hard.

"Your welcome." I responded softly. I looked him over. "I should probably head home. I have duties to attend to." I said, nodding to him. "It was nice to meet you Voodoo." I backed away, my stony composure staying, well, stony.

@[Voodoo]

OOC: AWWW QwQ THE FEELS. HE IS SO CUTE. I love him xD
"blah blah blah."

Voodoo

The mare's blood tainted face stayed cold and distant, something that you had once been able to obtain, but now your face is always full of terror and surprise. Her dark nose simply bobs up and down in acknowledgement, wintery eyes seeming to record your every movement. She doesn't believe you we giggle, our nails curling into our palms. "I do hope you find her." she states, giving you plenty more than enough time to explain your fake whereabouts. Even though you are used to the calling from actually being an outcast for nearly an entire year, Sialia doesn't seem to grab the same meaning from it as you have.

Her ears drill back against the same matte color as her smooth fur and you pull your crimson snout into your chest as she spits at the calling; a reflex you have learned over the years of verbal abuse. Her posture shifts from relaxed to on guard once more and you can feel the steel butterflies in your belly begin to flutter. Glossed eyes shift to the once more standing kit to the black Basin mare before you take a step backward, your face still tucked inward in a frightened manner.

"I should probably head home.-" your left ear presses forward while the right swings out to face your side, a nod shifting your long face. Does she know the way in? You remember walking through the biting wind and blind night just to find your way over some huge hill just a few feet from the actual entrance to the snow valley; a stallion -who's name you can't remember- with blue lightening on his face, watched you tumble down the hill and trip over your own freakishly long legs. "Safe travels, you have a ways to go." you respond softly, your gravely voice falling to the floor in a heap of letters.

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD