the Rift

[OPEN] Holy behavior won't make you a savior

Erebos Posts: 474
Aurora Basin General atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1hh :: Four HP: 75.5 | Buff: DANCE
Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather

There was water everywhere.

The sight set before his eyes was magnificent; a declaration of power, majesty, and turbulence he’d never be able to harness, harpoon, or hold, but it made him venture towards it all the more. Seemingly spread out for miles, for fathoms, the everlasting blue, the spellbinding waves, the salty air, enshrouded, veiled, and emboldened his childish ruminations, his mischievous glee. His mother, who moved like rivulets, who swindled the storms, who spoke of Cinnoru and the potency manifested within all unicorns, of blood running and gliding, harmonizing, within lakes and streams, of influential ichor drenching, saturating their souls, had told him many things about the world, but hadn’t yet allowed him to soak his presence into its depths. Perhaps she’d been worried that his youth couldn’t defy the outreach of the tide, with its rolling dominance, its intriguing authority, its pull across the earth, along the dunes, upon valiant Atlantis and its fallen kingdom. However, without her presence, he’d slunk, sneaked, and slithered his way down towards its barriers, its colossal expanse, determined, despite all of her misgivings, all of her warnings, to seek reef creatures and taste the indignant brine, to chase after gulls and leap into frothing foam. Curiosity and intrigue forged, incised, a delicate balance of bravery and audacity, of imprudence and valor, of ignorance and boldness, and as his tiny hooves sank into the damp sand, leaving the imprints of his presence, (he’d been here within the curling waves, within the rising crescendo, in the wake of its enduring horizon), ruminations and oaths failed to falter, and more queries followed. If he could press his form into its scales, would it give him mastery? Could he swallow its layers of ascendency, pulse in its corporeal brow? Could he devour the claims of avaricious sharks and cretins? Could he become endowed, proffered, permitted, the opportunity, the taste, the savoring of superiority? For in each tale his mother, his father, spoke and wove, the ideals of triumph sounded like heaven.

The lithe, little scion drew one hasty, quaking breath as he stood one step away from the tide’s touch. Confidence faded for a single, decisive moment, because what if he was truly taken away from home, suddenly an ocean’s lost child? What if the waves crashed over his cranium, his body, and drove him to pieces, slashed him over rocks and left him with naught but a sudden, violent demise? Would his sire, would his dam, be disappointed by his actions, spurning and ruining his own bright future with a slip of valor, with a notion of grandeur? He swallowed, then pushed his motions, his movements, back into place, incapable of allowing himself to be a frozen speck on the shore, afraid and hesitant. He waited for the rush of the waves to take him under, or the cool, listless contortions of its idle touch, pressing and gentle.

However, instead, upon the strange notion that he hadn’t entered the sea at all (because the refreshing feel was under his hooves, and that couldn’t be right), he looked down and saw his daggers, his frame, his body was on top of the churning sea.

[For @[Faeanne] and @[Arya] (if time permits thee. ;D). Erebos discovers water-walking! o:]

EREBOS
Clever got me this far
Then tricky got me in
Eye on what I'm after
I don't need another friend

Image Credits

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen
FAEANNE

Here I was again, once more misbehaving and slipping away from the protective watch of Papa Ruske and exploring the world of Helovia. But I couldn't help myself, the Edge was exciting enough, but I wanted to see what else the world had out there for me. Mostly I was curious as to if there were any other young creatures like me to play with in the world out there or if I was destined to be alone except for the adults and one or two other young who I hadn't really met yet.
I suppose I could have gone out looking for them in the safety of my herd where Papa Ruske could find me if he needed me, but the thought didn't enter my mind until I was already following the trail of salty air. My spindly gold and black legs pulling my infantile frame along with a surprising ease. Occasionally a tree root would reach up and attempt to send my flying into the air, one or two of them had succeeded in their mission but other ones were seen before hand and skillfully avoided.
The salty scent pulled me further and further away from the cliff that I called home and soon the grassy terrain gave away to something much harder to move in. My stride shortened as the grains flew up behind me, I wasn't quite sure what this stuff was, but it sure was fun to watch it fly behind me like I was a magical creature. Before long I stopped, my head spinning with dizziness from the over exertion of trotting through the new stuff as I just had, one day I would fix that problem and be able to run for days. I was sure of it!
As I collected my breath, white pupiled eyes drifted about before focusing on the dark form that seemed to be standing above the dark blue water. Excitement raced through my veins, making my breathing grow labored for a moment more before things began to settle down. Small harks fluttered about my skull as slender limbs pulled my body through the odd grainy stuff once again, at a walk this time, it didn't take me long to reach the water though. I paused at the edge of the water, standing among the thick white foam that stayed on the land after the water had retreated. I wondered if I could stand on the water like the odd dark creature was able too, but much to my disappointment my golden hoof went straight through the brine and hit the packed material beneath it. A slight pout crossed over my features and my short white and gold brush smacked against my slender hips while I looked out at the creature who stood not too far into the water. "Hey! How did you do that!?" My light girlish lyrics danced out into the warm salty air around us as I hoped and prayed that the creature would show me how to walk on the water as he was.

"Talk."
Tag;; @[Erebos]
Words;; 510
Notes;; I didn't know who else to tag xD

Credits

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Orsino :: Plain Kitsune :: Dark Illusions & Enyo :: Common Griffon :: Draining Clutch Heather

The boundaries of sense and perception spiraled out of control and left him muddled. He should have been swallowed, devoured, consumed by the great, bestial waves and the churning seas, should have been engulfed in sea foam and washed back onto shore, or sunken down into the masses of wet sand and fish, coughing up water embedded in his lungs. He should have been grasped by the swell, the urgency, the terrifying power woven into each pulsating ebb and flow, sunken towards battered ships and skeletal remains. Instead, the avenues and storms washed and crashed around him, surrounding his hooves, permitting him to float and cascade on their back, following and gliding, upon the rivulets as they brought him back to the coastline. The lad’s features were a picture of surprise and befuddlement, brows twisted into furrowed depths, piercing eyes widening, then narrowing in speculation, confusion flickering and crossing his drawn lips. Perhaps he’d imagined it, buried it down into delusion, as though he’d mastered and mustered power and precision over the titans of the ocean, over Poseidon and all of his tridents, over the leviathans lurking beneath the dominating force. The limber scion shook his head, felt the cutting, salty wind whip along his long blade, and mustered one deep breath, slowly pushing it out from his lungs as he tried again. Surely this time would be different, and his frame would descend into the froth and surf, normal and ordinary, the standard, customary way one swims and churns in the bay.

But it wasn’t – on the second attempt, his frame returned to the surface, holy and devout – and his little body shook in panic, in terror, trembling, quivering, shuddering as each bellow of the sea churned him amongst its ricocheting murmurs. Instead of confidence, audacity, poise and self-possession, he thought he was an abomination, feeble and blighted. For a few moments, he choked back tears, frightened and scared to move (this wasn’t what he wanted, to somehow be unworthy of the ocean and shoved back upon its brim every single time, an undeserving echo and chime, and what would mother or father say, what would happen to him?), until the sounds of another grappled amongst the stirred sea and he blinked away the shards of his shattering ambitions. A girl, nimble and winged, bright and starry, puttered through the brine, extending her frame into the waves, regular, lyrics floating over the roaring foam. How did you do that? He sniffed, lowered his head to peer into the water, watched the sand shift in its outrageous force, in its paralyzing grasp, and then shouted back towards the filly, breeching further and further into the unknown, foolish and ignorant. “I don’t know!” Apprehension swelled and festered in his chest again, and he struggled to fight it off, but it grasped and tore at him, claimed that somehow he was inadequate, deficient, incapable, and all of the menacing whims and malevolent fancies he thought he’d have faded away. Boldly, and perhaps pleading, he gestured back to the dame, howled over the vicious tendrils of the ocean. “Do you think something’s wrong with me?”

[@[Faeanne] Let me know if you prefer not to be tagged!]

EREBOS
Clever got me this far
Then tricky got me in
Eye on what I'm after

Image Credits

Outcast
TierRen
FAEANNE

I snorted harshly as I danced backwards clumsily, away from the foamy white caps that I had attempted to walk on as the dark colt was doing. The stinging of the salt pressing against my slender limbs wasn't a feeling that I was growing to enjoy, in fact I quite disliked it and unless I found a way to magically walk over the water like the colt was, I would not be going near it any more. Fresh water was much more my forte.
As I danced away it seemed the colt grew a bit more used to the fact that he was standing on the water rather than in it like most normal creatures would be. The look of shock and excitement that was spread thickly across his would-be handsome features caused a light giggle to slip from my golden kissers before I took a hesitant step closer to the water, just close enough that the brine could lip gently at my ebony hooves before racing back to regroup with the rest of the ocean.
The colt looked over his shoulder, piercing blue eyes wide was his boyish voice rolled onto shore with the waves. “I don’t know!” He looked away, a look of worry crossing his features before his dark kissers parted once more and another string of lyrics came to shore. “Do you think something’s wrong with me?” My small harks swiveled about on my gold splashed skull as I thought over the colt's question. Was something wrong with him? I wasn't entirely sure and answering his question as if I was some kind of know-it-all would be like the blind leading the blind. So instead I shrugged my shoulders that had gold flecked wings sprouting from them as my brush like tail whipped across what it could reach of my slender hips. Golden kissers parted ever so slightly as I took a small step into the brine so the colt would be able to hear me over the sound of the ocean. "You could be very sick...or maybe..you are magic." The word magic was uttered as if it were something unheard of in our world, as I skittered a step or two back away from the water that was making it's way back to the shore once more.

"Talk."
Tag;; @[Erebos]
Words;; 383
Notes;; I prefer to be tagged actually ;D - points to signature -
omg i am so sorry it's so short

Credits

link to thread tracker

The waves continued their churning, wild and expressive, curling fronds of pernicious prowess, building and foaming beneath their newest champion, but the colt swallowed and flickered about in unease, wary and hesitant, because for all the things he’d learned in life, the world never spoke of children dancing across water, skimming over the surface like a spider or basilisk. The world beckoned beyond the horizon, of chilling, avaricious plumes and wonderful empires towering to the heavens, but all he saw were the torrential eaves and damnation crawling across his hooves, bereft, scattered, and worthless. His gaze struggled to harden, to relish in the impish gall he wore so well, but they remained apprehensive and clawing, staring back at the filly rising with the swells and lingering in their sousing touch, listening as she imparted her wisdom. You could be very sick… and the worry, the anxiety, clambered back into his throat, there was something awry with him, and others would laugh and mock, parade in their rampant cavalcades to where he stood amongst the frenetic sea – but then her last words, enlightening little barbs, washed over him, and clarity struck a poignant chord.

Or maybe…you are magic.

Enchantments, invocations, curses and blights, assembling and unwinding, beautiful threads of haunting outcries, crescendos of unsung, unholy magnificence, blending, bending, crisp distortions of reality, outlines of pestilence and perfection, precision and pernicious slates – his mother had told him so many things about charms, the fabric of opuses and orchestras, how the world was bound into their runes, how so many creatures held wondrous, amazing, daunting forms. She wove pictures of damsels rescuing themselves from towers, flying and gliding on lullabies, she painted tapestries of spellbinding warriors giving chase to their licentious crusades, and she lingered along the water’s edge, becoming part of the element herself. She strung together ballads of his father’s corruption and destruction, all of the reapers’ blades and silent, remorseless whispers of demise, of Loth’s singsong blossoms and unwilting form. But the colt never thought he could possess the same distinction, the same fluttering ambience, the same brooding, brewing force within his frame. The idea of power was an earnest nuance in itself, but the rushing, plunging, snatching coils of his own allure, his own finesse and talent sketched his ruffian regards back into place. Was this magic causing him to float and bask in the ocean’s lair without a shard, without a ripple, without a blighted notion? Had some portion of Huyana’s warm, kind-hearted, watery sentiments trickled into his bones, into his veins, whisked and whittled him into a corporeal form of virtuous requiems? The scion mumbled it back to himself, “Maybe I’m magic…” over the coursing rivulets and the salty brine, glanced from the gallows beneath his feet and the tendrils of the filly’s tail draped in its clutches; he had power, holstered and ready, built tenderly into his lithe, youthful frame.

Curiosity was suddenly an unending flame; ignited and kindled, the folds of his apprehension disappearing into the midst of the flailing platitude, and he bounded, leapt, curling his forelegs together, knees tucked, head between their knobby glow, towards the mighty tempest, only to plunge no further than the cool, veneer seams of the ocean. The worry assailed and flew off into the distance, and now he ran beside the winged girl, with her gilded plumage and midnight feathers, gesturing wildly, tossing his rapier skull like a king of the sea, Poseidon’s infernal descendent, devilish grin replacing the contorted air of prior tribulations. “Are you magic?” The yearning, the beckoning, for information seethed across his mind, eternally submerged in the symphonies of curiosity, alight and ablaze, wondering if everyone was gifted, if everyone was formidable, if everyone was influential.

@[Faeanne]

EREBOS
Clever got me this far
Then tricky got me in
Eye on what I'm after

Image Credits

Outcast
TierRen
FAEANNE

Even though I had been watching the colt stand on top of the water for a few minutes now, I still couldn't get over the awe that was washing through my veins in waves. How awesome would it be to be able to walk over water? To never have the feeling of wet ankles and just in general always have a neat party trick to show off to the adults or other foals in order to draw attention. But he seemed just as shocked as I did about the fact that he was standing on the water. His face and blue eyes were screaming out with shock as he bobbed along with the tide.
A look of uneasiness crossed his handsome features as I mentioned that maybe he was sick, but that quickly faded as the word magic slipped out of my mouth and into the hot, salty air. Things seemed to go still for a moment as the colt looked down, down into the brine on which he was hovering over. The wicked water that seemed to reject the possiblity of having him as one of it's victims, helpless to the pull of the undertow. Dark harks flicked about my skull as I waited for the words to settle entirely into the colt's mind, surely it wouldn't take too long. Right? I could see his dark lips moving, but no words reached my now forward pressed harks, lost to me in the midst of the oceanic breeze and the sound of the crashing waves.
It was surprising when everything seemed to erupt. Suddenly the still colt was throwing his body into the air, kicking wildly before crashing back to the water. My gold and white eyes pulled shut tightly as I waited for the crashing sound of the colt's body hitting the water and crashing into the waves...but it never came. A single orb popped open as I peeked out warily, hoping that the boy would still be visible and my new found friend hadn't been lost in the water just as quickly as I had found him. Much to my relief I opened my eyes to find the dark colt standing right beside me, a look of excitement and curiosity lighting up his blue eyes as his kissers parted to allow words to flow freely. “Are you magic?” His voice was full of wonder as I grinned and danced a few paces away from him. "Stay there a sec!" I giggled as I turned back to face the colt and threw my gold, star speckled wings out as far as they could possibly reach.
Which at this point in my life, wasn't very far.
My ivories sank into my gold painted lips as I concentrated on the skill I learned I had when I was still very young and nursing the crazy lady who had left me behind for bigger and better things. My wings slapped against my sides as they beat the air when suddenly the air that was nestled in close to my sides grew with warmth as the small flames licked and played with the ends of my feathers. A big smile spread across my features as I focused back on the dark boy, "Is this magic?!?" I asked excitedly as the flames played happily with the feathery tips of my wings before dying down into the nothingness they had sprung from. Trotting closer to the colt once more, the grin still plastered to my face as I hoped excitedly that my talent would be cool enough to be considered magic.

"Talk."
Tag;; @[Erebos]
Words;; 598
Notes;; Sorry it took me so long <3 THEY ARE SO CUTE OMG

Credits

link to thread tracker

Immersed in fervor, in fractious, elusive temptation, his heart built in strength, in rigor, in gentle, exotic finesse as he pondered over the wake, the weight, of the gift he’d somehow received. Beside the filly, he tossed his grand, princely crown, felt the tide ripple underneath his hooves, cool, crisp, and imagined commanding the rippling ebb and flow, Cinnoru’s brewing trident and staff, parting waves and concocting sieges from the froth. He couldn’t be lost among the pernicious landscape, along the intertwining horizon, bound to the tempest roaming and curling in its swallowing grasp. Magic was an unearthly blessing, particles and sentiments carved, whittled, sculpted into his being for some reason, for some goal and motive, whether for war, for distinction, for honor or glory, he could only surmise, predict, and beguile his senses into augured decibels, and curiosity – so fiercely awakened, clambered to the brink of his youthful delight. He wanted to know, to see, to witness, to perceive each and every invocation crossing over the plains, sinking into the depths, exploited along the innocent, the sinners, the trapped and forlorn. Were their dangerous hymns, coaxed by the immoral? Were their weary, tumbling croons, kindled by the tired, the desolate? Were there healing ministrations by the gifted, assuaging souls, or ferocious machinations sparked by the corrupt, the merciless? Enamored and enchanted, his eyes became a steady, fixated gaze as the other foal told him to wait (though he had no intention of leaving, thrashing amongst the sea like one of its own; drifting above the fish, the rocks, the shells), every moment a whirlwind of wonder and inquiry. Perhaps she had sorcery of her own, an advantageous occurrence that blessed or blinded, mercenary regard into sculpted bliss or whimsical in nature, streamlined into vibrant glades and listless copses? Excitement chiseled and chained to his muscles, to his ardent pulse, and former tribulations, passing tides of despondency and melancholy, were forgotten for the sake of inquisitive bounty and another’s token bestowals.

Riveted, the scion watched as she implemented her wings, brought the gold and ebony plumes against her frame, then casually, effortlessly, ignited them. Like coiled tendrils, smoked, brilliant, ember feathers, they became scorching infernos, contorted, intense coals – lofting, lilting, potent, and he was immediately enamored. The boy’s jaw dropped for a few slender seconds, fascinated, enthralled, by the thought of her phoenix abilities, casting off ashes into mislaid cinders, infernal machinations, snatching and clawing at the air, consuming its repose with the tenacious swing of blazing might. Erebos’ voice clambered over the rush and swell of waves, over the glow, over the rush, of her power, impish appreciation. “Wow!” His lips curled back into a devilish smirk and smile, bewitched by the nefarious decadence of her dominance, if she could snatch and beckon the fronds of fire elsewhere, if the world had to rest and sink beneath her igneous assaults. “I think so!” He tilted his head, rippling along with the tide’s platitude, the sea’s palisade, and wondered more of influence, authority, and capabilities. Could she set her enemies ablaze as she flew over them, basking in mythos? Could she do any more? Could he? What were the locks and keys towards magic? How could they discover, achieve, beyond these first little steps? His query came out, light, inquisitive, begging for more answers to the multitude of questions building within his lithe mind. “What else can you do?”

@[Faeanne]

EREBOS
Clever got me this far
Then tricky got me in
Eye on what I'm after

Image Credits

Outcast
TierRen
FAEANNE

I grinned happily as my small frame moved easily away from the colt who was a slight bit larger than myself, surely as we grew and matured he would wind up much larger than I would be. Now it was my time to shine and have what little bit of attention there was to give given to myself rather than to the dark colt who could walk on water like some kind of magician. My steps hesitated ever so slightly as I finally decided I was far enough from the colt that if for some reason this magic wound up doing something I did not expect it to do I would cause no bodily harm to my new friend.
But yet, I still was hesitant, unsure as to if the fire that would spring up at the very tips of my gold dusted feathers would even hold a candle to the fact that the colt could walk on water. Paper thin nares flared ever so slightly as I pirouetted around to face the handsome colt with a grin full of mischief across my features. The look that spread across his features before his jaw fell into the sandy terrain about us was just the look I had been striving for. Awe and fascination littered his dark features for a few moments before his mind began to work once more and words fell into the salty air. “Wow!” The exclamation was accompanied by a grin that twisted the colt's profile into something a bit more mischievous and devilish than anything I had seen on one so young before. “I think so!” His next words in response to my questioning on if setting my feathers ablaze could be considered just as magical as his ability to skate across the water like an Olympic medalist.
A light girlish giggle escaped from my sooty kissers as my slender silhouette lowered into a curtsy once my performance was over. Maybe the two of us could become travelling performers, of course there would always need to be water present for the colt's magic to work whereas I could show off anywhere as long as there was room for my wings to stretch out fully. “What else can you do?” The colt's voice interrupted my thoughts that were full of childish folly, of course we couldn't be travelling performers together, we didn't even know each other's names. Just the fact that we could each control a tiny portion of some element, and it seemed to be magic. My slender shoulders rolled up into a shrug as my extinguished wings pulled back close to my sides where they rested comfortably as they were not quite large enough for flight to be an option. "I believe so, is walking on the ocean all you can do?" My molten gold pools gazed at the colt through thick ivory lashes as a smile spread across my features when the idea that I had no idea what the dark colt's name was moved it's way to the forefront of my mind once more.
"I am Faeanne, do you have a name water-walker?" An invisible brow cocked as I wondered if the dark colt did have a name, or if his mother would prove to be worse than my own and leave a child in the world nameless and alone.

"Talk."
Tag;; @[Erebos]
Words;; 559
Notes;; <3 I love them

Credits

link to thread tracker

The filly’s question stretched throughout the salty air, and he entangled the notion throughout his mind, allowed it to simmer, to brew, to boil over in concentrated depths. Without fear or apprehension of enchantments, allure, and invocations cloistered within his heart, his veins, his bones, he wondered how far his influence could be flung. Were there other powers contained within his lithe vessel, waiting to be unraveled, kindled, incised upon his enemies? And if they stirred, restless and undone, ready, eager, fervent, carnivorous and wanton, how did he conduct or compose their influence, their mastery? Dancing and walking upon the water had been an intriguing, shocking discovery, but seemingly innate, a natural, instinctive trait amidst the cascading whims and rivulet particles – he’d only had to wander its containments to be thrust and tossed above its riotous waves and proclaimed its master. If there was something untapped, potential seething below the surface, how did he acquire it, pull the force out and permit it to thrive? His silent confusion was well worn throughout his features, a wrinkled brow, lips torn into a thin line, gaze steady and staring upon the horizon, lingering on nothing and everything, scouring for a sign, a piece, an insignia to symbolize he was more than a wandering babe given breadth of oceans and seas. He took a deep breath, mustered a central focus, cleaned his cranium of all other thoughts, and desperately craved another summoning, begging his figure to display some other wondrous skill. For a few scarce moments, he waited for a spark, a flame, tumbling rocks or another glorious sign he’d been blessed many times, a true scion of the ice and mountains. When there was naught, he released the cumbersome inhalation, and drifted his gaze back towards the girl drenched in fire. His voice had quieted, burdened by the grand age of ignorance and incomprehension, begging and willing for something to happen beyond the boundaries of his nefarious strides and bobbing on tides. “I’m not sure.” He didn’t want to tell her no, he didn’t want to be only capable of running across waves (because being a prince of the gulls, the ocean, the dunes, only meant he had Cinnoru’s benediction, and there had to be more) – and his little unsettled, tenacious yearning urged him to be something greater, grander. His sire held death in his touch, a scythe in his bones, and his dam transformed, transfigured into her righteous element, wished for rain and had it wash over them; would he only be known for striding across puddles and droplets, locked into rivers and streams?

But the other child spoke her name, and the manners his mother had drilled into him proclaimed his attention, wavering ears and ruffian stare, back upon her, Faeanne, and he offered his herald in turn through a nonchalant mumbling over the foam. “Erebos.” Another moment of curiosity emboldened him, for he remembered Adelric and his different choice of residence (four to choose from, or the outer plains for those who held no desires for herd life) – so, where did this fire-dame live? He’d certainly never seen her in the icicle reaches of the Basin, where the auroras drifted in midnight skies and winged beings hardly ever drifted; he would have recalled the glowing embers of her feathers and the light giggles. Inclining his head in brightening intrigue, the boy bobbing on the waves mustered his own query. “I’m from the Aurora Basin. Where’s your home?”

@[Faeanne]

EREBOS
Clever got me this far
Then tricky got me in
Eye on what I'm after

Image Credits

Outcast
TierRen
FAEANNE

I watched as the facade of amusement and awe shattered and was instead replaced with wonder as the dark colt mulled over whether or not walking on water was all he could do. Of course, I would still be quite impressed with the horned beast if it were, it was much more intriguing then being able to light your own wings on fire in my opinion. Then again, the opinion of a child wasn't weighed very heavily in the world of adults that we lived in. My darkened hark flicked forward as I heard the dark colt suck in a deep breath without letting it loose. Was his next trick going to be suffocating himself while I stood here? Or was he soon to expand like a balloon and float away in the gentle, salty breeze? Honestly, I preferred the second option as I figured it would be much easier to watch and much less messy.
“I’m not sure.” He proved neither of my options to be correct as the gust of air was expelled from his lungs and words were quickly following. Ivory pupiled pools settled on his facade once more as a soft smile spread across my darkened kissers, so between the two of us there were two powers of the opposite sides of the spectrum. He was a controller of the water while I could summon flames for a short spurt of time, deep within I was jealous of the colt's talent. But I supposed I couldn't be overly upset, at least I had something special about me. "Walking on water is awesome though!!" My brush like tail slapped against my slender, childlike hips as I grinned at the colt who stood before me. “Erebos. I’m from the Aurora Basin. Where’s your home?”
Erebos, I rolled the colt's name over and over again in my grey matter until I decided that I was happy with the way it sounded and that the colt's handsome features would forever appear next to the name Erebos. I flicked my harks forward as I blinked and focused back on the colt who was a part of the Basin, a land I had heard of from the far north. But I had never visited it myself as from the rumors I would not be welcomed for the lack of growth from my skull. "I am from the World's Edge! What is the Basin like??" Curiousity and excitement flooded my girlish lyrics as my odd colored eyes settled upon his blues while I waited in wonder what it was like to live where it snowed nearly ever day.

"Talk."
Tag;; @[Erebos]
Words;; 437
Notes;; Sorry this took me forever e.e

Credits

link to thread tracker

She belonged elsewhere, into a time and mercy he couldn’t fathom or understand - The World’s Edge - a herd name that should have boiled and brewed in his mind at the mercy of his parents’ memories, for the brief stead of their lives there, for the bloody battle his father waged, for the desecration and relapse of their conquest, their inevitable downfall, the Moon Goddess’ betrayal – but none of these things simmered in his youthful glow, too bound by ignorance and newness. Instead, he imagined what such a realm would look like: perhaps covered and immersed in fog, like the reaches of Thistle Meadow, calculating and wary, treacherous and unnerving, like one wrong move could lead one to their doom. Maybe it was cloaked and regarded in specious awe, with dusky forests and nomadic wayfarers, eager to be able to touch the ends of earth, to look down into an abyss, to be rapidly swallowed up by the heartless, unrelenting gestures of the wilderness. He wanted to know more and more, every inch of every ground, and maybe Faeanne would lend him this knowledge before he had a chance, an opportunity, to see the kingdoms for himself. Curiosity was a constant nuance, spreading out over his face, as if consumed and devoured by the hungry enamel of its churning, boiling regard. His eyes caught hers and rounded, widened, and the light, little claws of his musing caught hold of her potential, of her capability, of her usefulness, and trapped his reverie into an outward daydream. “Oh! What’s that place like?” He’d offer her the same accord, for she queried over the sea winds, over the gull outcries, of his own home, and the lithe lad could have waxed poetical on each avenue of the icy chambers and cavernous depths. Erebos had explored, had journeyed, had sojourned into raw valleys and rime cliffs, had soaked his feet in brooding waters, had coasted and ghosted amongst the diligent framework of an earthen palisade that stood the test of time. He took whimsical steps across the waves and gallows, tied knots in the rivulets, and stared across the ambience, the open, wide sea he’d suddenly been thrust in power of, and like a long-lost Neptune, regarded the beautiful, treacherous expanse of the North. “We have all kinds of mountains and caves, and a lake that never freezes. If we get cold, we can go to the hot springs. Sometimes at night you can see the auroras in the sky.” He hummed quietly, thoughtfully, then drew his gaze back to the flaming flicka, pride chiseled in his voice, as if the cards and the gods had always played correctly, had given him a home, a family, a world he could always return to, could always seek, could always embark within and challenge the merit of his strength.

@[Faeanne]

EREBOS
Clever got me this far
Then tricky got me in
Eye on what I'm after

Image Credits

Outcast
TierRen
FAEANNE

The Basin was a land that should have made me back away from the blue colt as quickly as possible, in efforts to save the prized appendages that sprouted so beautifully from my shoulder blades. But it didn't, I was young and foolish and just so happy to have made what seemed like a friend. A friend that was my own age, a friend that could walk on water and thought the pathetic flames that licked at the tips of my wings was something amazing. A smile flickered across my features as I thought of the possibilities that came along with having a friend, it was a shame that we lived in different herds though. I hadn't really met any of the foals that were born in my own herd around the same time as I was. All of the happenings in the first season of my life were enough to drive anyone into seclusion.
“Oh! What’s that place like? We have all kinds of mountains and caves, and a lake that never freezes. If we get cold, we can go to the hot springs. Sometimes at night you can see the auroras in the sky.” I was brought back to my happy reality and away from my dark past when the colt's wide, bright eyes locked in on my own odd ones and words began flowing like rain from his darkened kissers. The Basin sounded beautiful, but freezing and a place I wouldn't likely find myself in unless I necessarily had to be there for some important reason. Otherwise, I would stand by and enjoy the wonderful stories of the snow covered peaks and the never freezing lake. "Oh!! It sounds wonderful! The Edge is a forest full of mist, that turns in to a meadow of tall green grass. But you have to be very careful of where you play there or else you will fall off of the cliff and into the ocean below." I was very matter-of-fact with the way I gave the colt a warning of our meadow, as if he were ever going to prance through the lands. In my infantile mind, the idea of a play date with a foal from the Basin wasn't so far fetched as it would be to an adult of either of the herds. It was nice to dream though, suddenly a question popped into my mind as I thought about the colt's home once more and the lake that doesn't freeze no matter how cold it gets.
A smile spread wide across my sporty, black and gold features as I tilted my skull ever so slightly to the right and allowed my kissers to part. "How is it that the lake doesn't freeze?" Of course I was fairly certain the colt wouldn't know the proper answer, but hearing the story he was going to weave would be worth it and possibly even interesting enough that the guilt I was sure to be feeling soon for sneaking away from Momma Eva and Papa Ruske would remain at bay for a few moments longer.

"Talk."
Tag;; @[Erebos]
Words;; 517
Notes;; Sorry this took me forever e.e

Credits

link to thread tracker

He imagined the fringe, the borders, of the World’s Edge as Faeanne described its pathways and passages; a forest shrouded in fog, long, glorious, illustrious meadows as far as the eye could see, then the sudden drop off, the lingering treachery sinking in the fathoms of mist, and he realized perhaps all the kingdoms had their pitfalls, their threatening boughs to alleviate others from treading into their ramparts. The Basin had its cold, its mountainous boundaries, its constant, archaic walls, shielding and prosperous from one side, disastrous from another, coated in ice and protection – the Edge with its unyielding, relentless cliff side, unwinding shoals and jagged rocks piercing through the watery void. Erebos nearly pictured the other lands, though not having journeyed to them yet, through name and song, stitched together fabrications of their deceits and fortifications, perhaps the Throat had its overbearing heat, lying in the southern regions, boiling and blistering, and maybe the Falls had its drowning pools, pulling in the foolish and unbidden. Eventually he would have to see the entire world for himself, crusade and sojourn along these hazards and snags, overcome the paralyzing snares the world offered and bestowed; but for now, he grinned, content for the kingdom he lived within and all the boundaries he’d seen until the present. A little, prosperous idea sparked in his head, curled in eager fondness through the surf and sand. “The World’s Edge sounds so cool! Do they allow visitors? I’d like to see it sometime.” The notion of playing in the mist and midst, digging into labyrinths, becoming lost in ancient tombs and temples (not to mention the scars and wounds of prior battlefields), appeared effervescent and wonderful, and he very nearly became consumed with the notion, had Faeanne not uttered her own query about the Basin.

It was a question he’d oddly never asked himself, and he stood amongst the gulls and the waves, pondering over the nuance, furrowing his brows in wild speculation. Perhaps the lake stayed warm like the hot springs, boiling and bubbling plumes in the dead of night, heating up tired, aching bones and muscles; but for all the times he’d pressed his muzzle and drank its depths, it’d always been a chilling swallow. Was it because the Time God made it so, knowing his citizens would need ample drinking water when the freezing temperatures turned and chiseled the world into a glacier wonderland? Then, of course, he figured upon another notion, chuckled and laughed into the salty air as their conversation came full circle. He furnished one feral, impish wink, and clamored through the untamed vestiges. “Maybe it’s magic!

@[Faeanne]

EREBOS
Clever got me this far
Then tricky got me in
Eye on what I'm after

Image Credits

Outcast
TierRen
FAEANNE

Pale pupiled pools grew wide with wonder as I thought about the Arctic haven that my new found friend resided in. I wondered what it was like to live in constant snow and ice rather than getting to play in the sun's gentle rays and skip through the tall grasses and mist that blanketed the Edge like wool on a cold Frostfall night. Surely his home was a beautiful sight to be seen, but I wondered what the creatures that resided in the snowy grasps were like. Was everyone as magical and kind as the dark colt who had quickly accepted my friendship? A light smile tugged at the corners of my sooty kissers as I glanced away from the colt's blue eyes and out to the ocean where just moments ago he had been standing as if he were standing on solid ground.

“The World’s Edge sounds so cool! Do they allow visitors? I’d like to see it sometime.” Erebos' voice drew me back to the white sand shore that we stood on. Dark harks flittered forwards easily as my gold dusted features tilted ever so slightly off to the side as if I were thinking over the colt's musing. Both of our rulers were kind hearted individuals and surely they wouldn't grow upset over the visiting of one foal to another? We all had to have playmates did we not? Of course that would raise the question as to why I didn't spend time leaping into the mist with the foals of the Edge, and that answer was simple. I didn't quite feel as if I belonged there, the other foals either had siblings, or their parents to run back too. Of course I had Eva and Ruske, but they weren't actually my parents and the other foals knew that. So I almost felt as if none of them were quite comfortable with playing with the Edge orphan. "I don't believe that they would mind much at all! I would love for you to visit sometime!" My soft, child-like lyrics were full of wonder and excitement as thoughts of dread over being an orphan were quickly switched over to those of excitement at the thought of having a friend who could visit and play in the mist and the trees with me!

I watched amused as the dark colt's brow furrowed with my questioning about why the lake in his homeland didn't freeze along with the rest of it. For a moment I was surprised that he had never asked the question himself, or that he didn't find it odd that the liquid didn't turn solid with the cold temperatures as the rain did. Suddenly a chuckle, deep enough to come from a stallion with much more years than the bearded colt held, broke through the crashing of the waves and the squawking of the gulls before his response to my questioning followed. “Maybe it’s magic!” One blue pool was quickly closed and reopened with a wink from the colt as chime like giggles fell easily from my slightly parted kissers. "Possibly! We should find out!" Excitement flooded through my veins once more at the thought of going on an adventure with the dark colt, if I were older the excitement would not have occurred since the idea of me entering a land of unicorns was far fetched. But at this point, innocence was bliss and it was a hope that I would hold onto.

White pupiled pools of gold turned away to the ocean once more when it dawned on me how long I had been away from Papa Ruske and Momma Eva, surely they were sick with worry over the fact that I wasn't within the safety of the shattered wall. The muscles in my neck contracted and relaxed as I swallowed hard before turning back to the dark colt with a devilish grin plastered across my sporty features. "We shall have to meet again soon to discuss the discovery of the magic that keeps the springs warm, but for now. I have to head back to the Edge before my parents realize I am missing!" My gold dusted tail smacked against my slender hips as I took a few steps away from the colt and back in the direction of home before looking over my feathered shoulder and offering a soft smile to my new friend. "It was great meeting you!" The smile on my features spread a bit more before I turned back around and headed towards home, hoping that my adoptive parents hadn't noticed I was gone for long!

"Talk."
Tag;; @[Erebos]
Words;; 770
Notes;; They will have to meet again soon <3

Credits

link to thread tracker