the Rift

[OPEN] Welcome to the Circus [Joining]

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

"Yes" she replied simply to the fillies request. Another misfit for the twisted herd of mentally gone wrongs. Ghost included herself in that. She couldn't tell what the masked girl was thinking, any hint via the face was hidden by her macabre looking mask and her posture gave nothing away. The sprite smiled thinly, maybe time would show her true colours or maybe she was like just like Ghost, a shadow to be overlooked by most. The road would be made longer by foot, the child couldn't fly after all and it had been quite a while since Ghost had walked anywhere for a period of time. Perhaps it would do her muscles some good to stretch them out. Before moving, Ghost paused as if she'd forgotten something and it had finally dawned on her. "Your name? I gave you mine."

After the child replied (or not), Ghost turned and, expecting the girl to follow or be left behind, began making her way to the Hidden Falls. She said nothing along the rugged route, small talk was not Ghost's area of expertise and she left the masked filly to take in the scenery.

Time passed at its usual pace and the mare trudged on until she found her destination.

The crisp cool air increased and whipped around Ghost's inky mane, the crashing sound of the falls hitting her ears as soon as they appeared before her. Ghost searched along the border until she found a familiar well travelled path and began to make her way in, travelling along the uneven ground at a slow pace in case she lost the filly, presumed still following her, down one of the raging cascades. Not that Ghost would rush to her aid, it would be an interesting watch to see how one fell down a waterfall. The appendages to her side protected her from any of that nonsense, though little did she now, her late father's own fate was of a similar stupidity. Though he was wounded first in his defence.

Finally, Ghost reached the bottom and out onto a path of grass that was framed by trees dotted here and there. The overbearing sound of the falls now numbed and Ghost came to a halt as now it was much easier to converse. "Welcome to the Hidden Falls" her eerie voice proclaimed as she turned in hopes to find the familiar masked face of the fawn. Welcome to the circus she thought to herself.

Then she lifted her lips to the air to trumpet their arrival, her shout loud but light, like a whispering breeze travelling through the falls. Ghost was still a simple lacky here and did not have the authority to accept her formally. The call was for those who could and for any other who felt like snooping on a newcomer.

but I’m gonna bet they never really feel at home
if they spent a lifetime learning how to live in Rome

@[Yssraim] + Open Thread. If a tier 2 and above member could come and say yay or nay that would be great!
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Yssraim Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Hold down your head now, just let me pass by

The path unfolds before her, revealed by nothing more than a softly spoken word. Everything seems so simple now, her fate decided, so she does her best to cast away her doubts. She will follow Ghost to wherever it is that they are going, and maybe she will gain a home of sorts, someplace she can safely stay. She wonders what she will be to these strangers, whether she will be allowed to haunt them peacefully or pressed into service. She knows nothing of fighting and has no talent for healing, potentially making her useless and unwanted, a burden rather than blessing. Perhaps she will seek to regain her magic, offer her deadly services as a gift to them, to prove that she has worth.

Or perhaps not.

Her name is asked for, and she hesitates, wavering between a lifetime of hiding and a desire to be accepted. Names have meaning, and hers is more accurate than most. Still, Ghost knows of her (former?)power already, and so revealing her calling should not come as a surprise. "Yssraim."

Then the journey begins.

The mare travels in silence, and the masked child sees no need to initiate conversation, instead mapping out the landscape as best she can. Better to know and not need it than to be forced to escape without knowing the way back. Her head swivels around rather noticeably, the plague mask obscuring quite a bit of her vision, but she is accustomed to the almost dramatic motions, thinking nothing of it or how odd she must appear.

She hears the falls before she sees them, the unmistakable sound roaring in her ears as they come into view. Given the time, Yssraim might have paused, lapsing into her statue-like stillness as she stood and observed the rushing water. But her guide does not stop, doesn't even slow, and so the girl simply follows, though she does allow her gaze to linger on the cascades, tracing out shapes in the mists they throw up. The trail leads them down one, granting the unusual child a chance at inspection. She finds it hard to concentrate though, forced to focus on her footing instead for the path was slick beneath her hooves and her heavy cloak seems to being trying to drag her down.

Eventually they reach less treacherous ground, landscaped with grass and trees rather than mud and stone. Ghost seems satisfied with the location, finally stopping and issuing a welcome as she turns toward the filly. Yssraim gives a slight nod of acknowledgement before turning her attention upon her surroundings once more, head moving in broad sweeps as she tries to take everything in. Ears flicker briefly at the summons, and the girl shifts to look curiously at her companion. "Who are you calling?"

Yssraim

Image Credit

@[Ghost]

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Taking a break from the in's and out's of crafting, I've been wandering through my home, enjoying the beautiful spring. A roll here and there, even a buck or two. I've discovered my new crafting powers and find them quite delightful. Though of course not everyone may find carving and cracking and melding stone together to be that interesting.. To be perfectly honest, I don't either. But it brings me peace of mind to know I can create things with these powers that I'm blessed with. I can serve my herd, my friends, my new family. Yes, that's something to celebrate.

But something catches my attention as I drink from the water that circles in the center of the herdland. I lift my head and my nostrils flare, ears perked at the sound. It's not someone I know, but they're calling out for some sort of authority figure. Well.. I'm a Mason. That's sort of authoritative. I turn toward the sound - coming from the cascading falls by the entrance to our land - and pick up a swift canter, enjoying the chance to stretch my legs. I've been meandering a lot lately and haven't gotten the spring exercise that I've really needed to come out of that winter hibernation of sorts.

It takes a few minutes for me to traverse the land - and make sure I don't fall somewhere and break my leg - but I manage to come upon the creature that called. It's a pretty black and red and white-ish unicorn-pegasus hybrid. I don't know her, but I think I've seen her around before. With her is a younger female, a filly in the prime of her youth, nearing adulthood, based on her size. But the filly looks.. kinda weird. -She looks like a fucking freak, admit it. Kill that shit.- Though I feel Her aggression rise up in me, trying to motivate me to rush ahead and strike at the girl, I push the impulse down. Calm, deep breaths. Her coat is dark with white spots here and there, but she looks like she's dying. So much for in the prime of her youth. She has a strange mask on her face. Yeah that's just a little bit disturbing. But we shouldn't judge others just from their appearances, should we? I slow to a trot, and finally to a walk as I come upon them. "I am Cashmere, a Mason here in Hidden Falls. How can I help you, dear Misses?" I bow my head politely and offer a reassuring smile, though neither of them seems to have a need to be reassured.

OOC: Didn't mention the cape because I didn't see you mention it, I think? Btw, awesome name!
Tags: @[Ghost], @[Yssraim]

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Table by Lauren || IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

Her voice disappeared on the breeze, hopefully making its way to one that had more authority than herself so the job of settling Yssraim in would run smoothly. The journey hadn't been difficult, but even though the Falls were close to the forests of the Threshold, it still took much longer to travel by foot than it did by wing. A process Ghost wasn't all that used to. The mare greatly looked forward to a brief rest, refilling her energy gauge, before stepping back out to patrol the night. Ghost adored the dark skies and her wings itched to swim in the moon's bright silver glow. For now, her ears flicked to the sound of the girl who lingered nearby and the mare let out a calm breath. "Someone who can officially accept you into our family. My meagre title does not hold such power" she commented quietly, watching the landscape intently for movement.

It was a few minutes later that finally a horned figure appeared. A mare dappled like her mother had been, smaller than Ghost and tainted in a purple pink gradient. An unusual looking one, a face she vaguely remembered from their first herd meeting though the name she was learning for the first time. Cashmere. A pale name for a pale horse, she would be easy enough to remember.

The Mason bowed and smiled, a gesture that did little to diminish Ghost's typical vacant expression, the symbol of the bow had not been taught to her and smiles made her cringe, though she would manage them now and then. "Mason" her eerie whisper of a voice acknowledges the female, noting the ring around her ear in brief interest. "I am Ghost, the Necromancer's spy and this is Yssraim. She seeks to join our ranks and I have not the authority to grant her this... But you have."

Ghost fell silent then, her part in this was almost over and she had fulfilled one of her duties to the herd. She hoped Yssraim would pick a good profession and find her way in their growing family, that was if dear warm eyed Mason approved.

but I’m gonna bet they never really feel at home
if they spent a lifetime learning how to live in Rome

@[Yssraim]
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
If one could hear over the roaring of the falls they might be able to pick up on the sound of glass hooves clinking with each step that hit against a rock in my path. Yellow orbs scan with a careful intent - watching for those who had dared to step foot in our lands. I could feel the sun disappearing, and my orbs could easily lock onto the silvery moonlight that dares to attempt to caress our hides and make those of stealth all the more stealthier.

However, it wasn't sight that caused me to speed up. No, it was a loud call spinning into my ears, brought forth by a delicate breeze. Quickly, I move away from the sound of the roaring falls, going into a bit quieter location and being careful not to knock the glass upon a rock and create more clinking then was necessary.

I am not the first one to arrive, that much is certain. My eyes lock on one of our masons and upon my second set of eyes. Audits flick up, intently listening to the words that fall from her mouth as her emotionless eyes stare directly towards Cashmere. Yssraim. Interesting name... Schwere rumbles, taking in the strange looking mare who appeared far too plague like to be completely normal. Swift, yellow orbs stick to the dark mare who was dotted with white before I slide from the last part of the shadows that the rocks behind me offered and out into the moonlight. "Ghost," I say, the faux slivers of pride sticking out with just that word before I nod to both Ghost and Cashmere (though not yet saying the Mason's name, far more interested in the new recruit - much like a moth to a flame) "I am the Necromancer," I say, a slightly darker tone easing into my voice with far harsher consonants and a colder sound. "Seele, by given name. I heard you to be Yssraim?" A pause as I slowly eye her up and down - taking in what could possibly be her strengths. Alas, I am simply stuck on the fact that she has somewhat spindly legs and a harsher, roman nose. "What would you like to do? Be a mason with Cashmere, fall under my ranks of sleuths or healers, be a warrior, or take care of those and keep the history flowing. The question is, how would you aid us? I believe that Ghost has already stated you'd like to join us here..."

So I awaited an answer. What could she do for us?

normal text
Voices
"Speech"
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Yssraim Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Hold down your head now, just let me pass by

The summons is explained, and the spotted girl simply nods to acknowledge it, letting silence fall upon the duo once more. Yssraim finds the quiet soothing, familiar, and her statue-like posture slowly relaxes into something more natural, muscles loosening from their rigor, tail swishing every so often.

That state doesn't last long, the approach of a dappled unicorn transforming the unusual filly to stone again, her only motion the swiveling of her masked face so she may view the newcomer better. There is a pink and purple marking splashed along the woman's side, and Yssraim wonders if it is natural or if it was somehow created, perhaps using the juice of berries. She does admit to being a mason, and they sometimes have access to dyes, painting color onto their wares to make them more desirable. It doesn't matter, she supposes, listening as Ghost introduces the two of them, wondering if she should chime in or remain silent. Neither mare seems to expect her to speak, so she takes her cue from them, lingering voicelessly on the fringes.

Another comes, and for a moment the girl thinks she has finally met another masked soul, though this one only covers a portion of the strangers face. But no, the bay draws nearer and Yssraim can see that the mask is only a marking, though an unusual one. Dye again, or does this herd just enjoy collecting oddities? There is no time to ponder this, for the new arrival wastes no time in making herself known, issuing a brief greeting to Ghost before focusing attention on the filly. The Necromancer, she calls herself, though the title is somewhat softened by the mare stating her given name immediately after. Still, her tone is not overly friendly, and Yssraim finds herself wondering if this Necromancer knows what the word Yssraim means, understands the significance of the bird mask, and has deemed the girl a threat because of this. Not likely, but possible, so she remains frozen, a rabbit waiting for the wolf to pass by.

Her fears seem unfounded, for after a thorough scrutiny Seele is speaking again, asking about the girl's preferred use. Yssraim herself isn't certain, having never been a true part of any herd, and so she carefully mulls over her choices. Healer is right out, of course, for the former plaguecarrier is not convinced that her magic will not resurface at some point. As for warrior, she doesn't have the strength to survive in battle, not to mention her uncontrollable habit of freezing, standing still and observing rather than moving to avoid a threat. So, that would leave mason, sleuth, or whatever rank it is that 'keeps the history flowing.' Of the three, she thinks sleuth would suit her best. She is small, quiet, and perhaps her ghastly appearance could be used as intimidation, or to gain pity.

Decision made, the filly lifts her head to look directly at Seele, this lady who demands an answer. "Sleuth."

Yssraim

Image Credit

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
The one that is unknown to me, but must be with the herd, introduces herself as Ghost, and I nod politely as I make her acquaintance. The Necromancer? Spy? Well I know what a spy is but I have no idea who the Necromancer is. I don't usually use such unflattering nicknames. Yssraim is introduced to me as the filly that is present before me. I bow my head again with a gentle smile. The filly is.. strange to say the least. As I approached I noticed her stiffen - more than just stiffen. With the exception of her head, it seemed she had turned to stone. It put me on edge a little, and I felt my own body posture tense slightly. Before I can speak and answer her request to join, the Queen Seele arrives. As she speaks, I realize that this must be the 'Necromancer.' I have never seen Seele do any sort of necromancy, but then, I do not know her that well.

It seems in this moment that I should take my leave and with one more bow and a murmur of each of their names, I turn my tail and return from whence I came.

OOC: peace-ing out.. figured I'd let you guys do your thing (and not hold up replies)

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Table by Lauren || IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.