the Rift

[OPEN] every time is snack time

Wilibald Posts: 44
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 14.0 hh :: 8 years
Sarah

Exploration! It was not in his blood at all but Wilibald felt a bit of obligation to at least look around a little bit. Hadn’t he left the safety of his home in order to discover new things? Even if those new things gave him the shivers? Right down through his bones, and let me tell you – getting shivers through all those extra layers of fat just wasn’t fun. You really felt them then.

He had managed, so far, to avoid pretty much everyone. It wasn’t that he was feeling particularly unfriendly or anything, but he had yet to make up his mind if he wanted to get involved with these strangers. And boy were they strange. He had seen a few up close and they weren’t so bad, odd fellows sure but kind enough. But some of the ones he had seen off in the distance – he had never seen such a hodgepodge of different features, colours, and limbs. How did they even carry about with all that stuff all over their bodies? Horns sticking out every which way were just tragedies waiting to happen whenever they got themselves caught up in a vines.

After a much-needed nap to waste away the afternoon, the other driving force in Wilibald’s life took over: food. Wonderful food. With the onset of winter, there really wasn’t going to be much by way of choice, but he was on the hunt and his stomach was an excellent hunter. Sometimes he was certain it could talk to him – encouraging in this direction or that.

And now it was leading him a little to the north, to a lake! The wind was not so strong here and although there was a layer of ice on the surface of the lake, it just wasn’t all that cold. Small flakes were falling from the sky, light and swirling about on the gentle breeze, reminding Wilibald that it was still winter here, even if it was just a little milder.

After testing the lake to see if it was really frozen - and hearing an equally satsifying and alarming crunch when he put his weight onto one hoof on the surface - he turned and began to root around underneath the bare trees looking for some tasty treats. Surely there must be something! He was rewarded before long with some rather dry and tasteless roots, but he would prevail. If there was anything Wilibald, son of Hamfast, was good at - it was finding enough food to keep a relatively plump figure all year round.

We all have our talents!

open for @[Aurelia] and any!

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

Blue - Brown orbs surveyed the area around her, glass feathers in her tail clanking amongst one another as she walked slowly through this region. She had visited here plenty of times, but didn't necessarily enjoy the place. Today, boredom led her here, hopefully to find a new friend to chat with. Delicate lobes flicked forward as rummaging came into ear-shot, making her pace quicken to a high kneed trot. Picking her way carefully around all the obstacles that set out before her. Soon, her curiosity was eased when a plump, sorrel man come into view. His plump figure made a friendly smile snatch up her kissers. She walked slowly up to him, not sure if he would appreciate her company. Slowly, she let out a warm nicker, directed toward him. The small clouds billowing from her nostrils and feet buried in snow, he looked to the frozen waters, no longer murky and green, then turned back toward the brute. Beauty radiated off the stunning girl, her smile glamorous and warm, demeanor welcoming to the Stallion, willing for friends but also ready for any rude comment that may come flying at her.

"Greetings, sir, I am Abishia. What may I call you?"

Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Hidden Account
Sarah

The sooty chestnut had a few moments to himself, where he could peacefully much on the dry plants and tough roots, before someone came over. Someone with a thing on her head – though this young mare distracted him soon enough with her hello before he could ponder that not-quite-a-horn (it was clear!).

A slow, uncertain and rather surprised smile brightened his face. “Greetings! A polite youngster, why I never thought I’d see the day.” Though she was taller than any youth of her age he had ever seen, he cautioned himself that he was going to have to get used to that. Taller than most adults where he came from even, and he eyed her carefully. Though he had naught but pleasant dealings with the taller ones while he was here – best to be safe. Curiosity was dangerous, yes, but pair it with stupidity and you might as well start building your dying nest right now.

He rather liked Abishia already, calling him ‘sir’. Always a good idea to call strangers by a proper term like that one.

Maybe there was hope for this place after all.

Though strangeness still quite wouldn’t get away from him. Not only was she covered in a rather unnecessary amount of white, but she also had what was almost like a horn, as Slaiter had, but it was practically see-through and well what good was a horn if it looked as fragile as this one? But maybe he should finish with the pleasantries first before getting into all of that.

With a gentlemanly dip of his head, he responded to her “I am Wilibald, son of Hamfast, and it is a pleasure to meet you Abishia.” Which totally wasn’t a lie, because he did enjoy meeting others. Even if they were rather odd, that didn’t mean they couldn’t be nice – like that Midas!

Now that they had been introduced, it seemed only polite to offer some sort of compliment to continue with the conversation. “That’s quite the…um… icicle you have there.” Icicle seemed an appropriate word, did it not? That’s what it looked like! And he said it in a way that he hoped would not be easy to take offense, because he truly did not intend to be rude - though as the words tumbled out he realized that perhaps he should have just asked about where she was from.

@[Abishia] tagging you in case you didn't see it! If you don't want to continue just let me know :)

please tag Wilibald in replies
non-lethal force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Abishia Posts: 225
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 16 HH :: 5 years ~ Birdsong Buff: NOVICE
Wild.

She smiles to the smaller, older man. His voice is pleasing, his words even more pleasurable. A wide smile spreads across her maw And She giggles softly. "I never saw I would see the day when I met one as friendly as yourself!" She shot back with a laugh, her orbs squinting as She tilted her head back slightly. This little chub was already a pleasure to be around! Silently, She watched the trail of his gaze as it rests on her horn. Aw, shit. Not another, "your a fake" or "ew unicorns!" I swear if I have to deal with one of those ignorant phrases again, I will rip his throat out. Internal thoughts sharp. But hey, every rose has it's thorns right? Just so happens that Abi's is a fake glass horn that's she's not afraid to use, paired with a fake personality that is used to hide her real personality, skillfully tucked away behind carefully displayed smiles And large flattering words... Well, I guess this rose has quite a few horns...

After a few moments, the Stallion speaks again, to her relief, it's not about her horn. Not yet at least. She almost actually rolls her eyes at the thought, but is sure to remind herself that She must keep the mail on, carefully tied tightly. Nothing can show. She smiles sweetly at his little introduction, nodding her dome when he is finished with his phrase. But when he speaks again, rage flares in her belly. ICICLE? ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS. CAN YOU NOT. Resisting a scream, She covers her anger with a light laugh. But maybe I should be nice.... He just seems like a kind old man. Like he is going to do any harm! Not letting her smile falter, She giggles again, rage still prominet inside, but not visible to even the most skilled on looker. Her harks flick forward. "A fake glass horn actually, twas a gift. But nice try!" She laughed yet again, winking jokingly. Thoughts raged.

@[Wilibald]
- sorry! I never saw this! Thanks for giving me a little reminder!

"blah blah blah."

ABISHIA

Image Credits

lines
please tag me in any and all posts

Hidden Account
Sarah

For someone who had never seen a ‘horn’ in his life before arriving in Helovia, Wilibald was pretty proud of the word that he used. It was, after all, the only logical explanation in his mind. Though that would have meant she would have had to be hanging upside down for quite some time to get an icicle that big… maybe the creatures around here were even stranger than he first realized.

If only he knew!

Though the youth before him certainly was strange herself. With plenty of giggles she explained that it was a fake horn upon her head. Well then! Sometimes he used to dress up and pretend to be a bush but this was something else. Though her laughter was pleasant enough he could not ignore the words in favour of those high-pitched melodies. “A gift! How very… generous. But why would you want a fake horn?” The question is innocent, or so he meant it to be anyway - a puzzled expression taking over as he peered up at this Abishia.

Wilibald rather thought she would be a little more pleasant without it, though he supposed there were different standards here. Maybe he did not agree with those different standards but it was easy enough to be stubborn in the face of so much change. He had a strong feeling that his stay in Helovia would not be a very long one. As pleasant as these strange… beings were (did they even count as horses with extra bones sticking out of their head?) they didn’t really seem like horses to him. Surely just sticking around for a little while would be enough adventure and experience to last him for the rest of his life.

Especially if he kept coming across horses that were masquerading as other things!

@[Abishia]
please tag Wilibald in replies
non-lethal force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries