the Rift

[OPEN] when i was younger

Azarel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

silverflames,
lighting up the night

Why did everything have to be like this? Why was I the one who had to have a clingy filly following - no, stalking - my every step no matter where I went? I didn't want a clingy filly. I wanted my mother and sister by my side, not some... Equine filly. During the walk away from the Endless Blue, I had not noticed that I was stepping among well-known trees on a very well-known cliff. I soon did though, because Aslan meowed loudly as he could slightly feel memories of this place in my head. We had connected a lot, my lion and I, and he was still one of those I loved the most, with all of my heart. As response to his attempt at a roar, I stopped and turned my head to glance at him. "What are you on about?" He meowed again and I looked around me, feeling the nostalgia starting to seep out of every corner around us.

"Wait... I know this place." Aslan bumped my withers with his wet nose, as if he tried to say 'told you so'. Looking around, I could feel pictures trying to take place in my mind but I couldn't quite reach them - until suddenly they just appeared. Drakes. Danger. Father. I cringed and gasped quietly, startled by the sudden nostalgia in my head and I could feel an ache growing to pain my temples. As I opened my eyes again, I knew why I recognized this place so much. "This is where I was born!" I called out, turning around and looking at the trees around me. I was home, in my real home. Where I had been born. Where I had spent the first months of my life.

"Home."

Though I didn't remember why mother ever left this place. I barely remembered anything from my birthday, except there was huge drakes trying to hurt mother and father tried to get rid of them. And... Someone more... Indigo eyes. I froze. She had helped us. Circuta had helped my family on the day of my birth, fought together with my father to save mother and me. "Circuta... My angel."

Okay, I got distracted again. Remembering what mother had told me about borders, I tried to stay outside of the forest lining. Then, I simply waited. Would anyone from my birth home come and say hello? Perhaps invite me for a cup of water or something? 'Don't be ridiculous now.'

"Talking"
'Thinking'
'Aslan thinking'

wordcount // 410
tags // @[Faeanne] && open
ooc // Aza is visiting his old home :DD

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie

The birds, they got help from below
From dirty paws and the creatures of snow

He is waiting at the border of the land for one of his patrons or new arrivals, for he has grown bored of patrols and his supplies have warranted no images of beautiful glass objects which to craft and the afternoon is nice enough to warrant a bit of laziness on his behalf. In the past season he has ventured broad and far, seeing places he might not otherwise have seen had he not grown so much in the midst of these tall trees, and no longer was he a young man but a handsome and well toned stallion.

He, of course, had not noticed. As far as he is concerned, he has always been the same, the sort to judge himself more fully on what was contained inside his heart than that which housed it. His thoughts, as they often are, linger on the Queen of the Edge, her beauty astounding and the havoc she had managed to inflict on his simple life staggering; it wasn’t as if she’d even meant to, really. It was all a failure of his own designing, one he had clung to with hope and dreams of a child while she had lived her life as a woman.

He shouldn’t be surprised that his jewel had been set into the crown of her King; he was only ever her student, a small note in the deep song of their land, and he cannot blame her for missing the droll and humble song he held inside of himself when it competed with the brazen and glorious sound of Kaj’s strength and honor. It soured him, of course, to think that the finest equine he had ever laid his eyes upon was slipping from the path of righteousness and purity, and it was all the more bitter to have his upbringing proven false right before his eyes yet again.

At least he’d learned to accept that life was not as his father had taught him, at least not entirely; those days had died in Helovia, perhaps had never lived anywhere but Isilme, and Isilme was nothingness in this era, empty and hollow as the souls of those who had ruled it. But if he had no culture to rely upon and no maternal or butterfly laced smile to guide his actions, what did he have?

His glass, he supposes, but even that is only so fulfilling. He may also have friends, but its not like he goes out of his way to prove his loyalty or usefulness to them; ever since Mirage slipped away and he took notice of the romance between the golden King and the Edge’s rarest flower, he feels as if he has been more alone than even when he’d wandered on his own to this place. What made it even more unbearable was that Aaron had left him with the task of creation to his own, and while a more ambitious man might revel in it, Dragomir is unhappy; it was honorable, to be sure, but also such a large amount of stress on his behalf that the simple thought of having to be in charge of the other crafters made him want to hide in his hollow and never leave.

As if fate hears him, she knocks loudly right outside the worn glass wall.

At first he thinks that it’s someone talking to himself, because he only hears one set of hooves and a young voice sounding out in the mostly silent wood. Raising his features slightly from his depressed and pondering stance, he takes a few deep breaths to smell out the stranger; unknown, foreign, but he’s not alone. The smell is also unfamiliar and he’s not sure what sort of thing it belongs to but it is an animal, with fur rather than feathers or scales.

He looks left, then right. No one else is coming or here to talk to the unknown person outside the wall but him.

Cue the deep, desolate sigh of not wanting to do this.

”What brings you to World’s Edge?” he asks as soon as he’s out of the glass lining of their home, discomfort with the situation visible only in the way all four hooves are firmly planted to the earth now that he’s come to a stand still and how his eyes don’t leave the young unicorn or his big… cat.

Manipulation by the lovely Shady, Table by Time
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Unregistered

And as I had expected, an Edger came forth to greet me.

My gaze wandered from the stranger's hooves up to his eyes and I raised a brow slightly. He was taller than me. What the fuck? The coat of the tall stallion was an earthy, brown tone interrupted by white on his withers and right by his tail, causing white to flow in his dark hair. And no horn. Nor wings. Interesting. I watched as he came closer and then spoke, dark tunes rolling off the stranger's tongue. "What brings you to World’s Edge?" I glanced at Aslan, who just looked right back at me, and then turned to the giant again. "I don't know." Wow, my voice was almost as dark as the stallion's. When had that happened?

I cleared my throat and forced a slight smile to spread across my pale maw, friendly as can be. "I guess I just came to visit my old home on my way back to my family. The name's Azarel, but you can call me Aza. This is my companion Aslan." My ears both flicked forth and the golden feathers moved with them only to move back to their place with a quiet breeze. The cub upon my back meowed and crawled up on my withers, curious about the foreigner in front of us. He had never seen one without a horn before - I had almost forgotten that part. "What's your name?" I didn't walk any closer to him, no, I was quite happy where I stood at the moment.

As we looked around, I noticed something shiny behind the trees. What... What was that? "What is that?" And I apparently decided to ask the exact words that had crossed my mind only a few seconds ago. I looked at the shiny thing from top to ground before I turned my head to the bay, confused. "What is it made of?"

"Talk."

ooc: -
w/c: 320
tags: @[Dragomir]
coding by Ina
Lyrics from Closer To The Edge - 30 Seconds To Mars
Lines by ChellytheBean @ dA
Colored by Ina

Credits

Bunnie

”I don’t know,” says the stranger, and a faint snort of displeasure at the fact that someone was here ruining his perfectly solitary day for no particular reason at all rises from his dark muzzle. The unicorn does at least seem to realize that this is not a suitable response to such a question and elaborates, to which Dragomir’s expression softens and his demeanor eases into one of less hesitancy. If he had lived here at some point, then he surely understood that violence was not tolerated.

Either way, he needed to find time and a way past his own bitterness to speak with Kahlua about this; it was a bit much for random passerby to utilize the Edge as a place to sight see and gawk at, in his opinion, and would be a giant waste of their time if the idea of tourism in his home caught on.

”Dragomir,” he replies, not allowing such friendly terms as a nickname such as the purple tinted male, mostly because he’s not the sort to approve butchering the name your mother gave you for the sake of expediency or feeling closer to someone. It’s also because he feels no desire to be close to this stallion for any longer than it takes to assure he moves on and away from the dragon’s nest, a place that the young painted bay is overly protective of for reasons he does not fully understand.

While he has tried to rise above how he was raised, he cannot help but observe the boy as a vagrant cur seeking to ruin all that is sacred and holy in Dragomir’s life. He doesn’t comment that he hasn’t seen him around because he’s only truly been here for a year, and so it’s possible he’d missed the time in which the other male had lived here and it seems a bit much to assume he’s lying; he does, however, hold a grudge against the horn on his face and the way he has so unceremoniously come to stare into the forest uninvited.

The two things don’t pair well with the painted lad’s view on the world.

It seems the wall has missed the other one’s attention as he now suddenly takes great interest in it, turning his face inquisitively towards Dragomir and asking what it is gleaming back there, both in terms of purpose and materials. ”It’s a glass wall. That section is mostly gone,” he explains, remembering the strength of the thing when it had been whole and new, an expression of all the hopes that had been scattered as it fell. He doesn’t go into why its broken or how long its been that way, or whether or not its being fixed or serves any use at all anymore.

It’s none of this one’s business, anyway.

@[Azarel]

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Unregistered

"Dragomir." Well then, didn't he seem like a happy fellow? The way he said his name made me a bit more cautious about the situation. Perhaps I should've been a bit more careful with giving out my name. "It's a glass wall. That section is mostly gone." "It wasn't here when I lived here," I said, my words straying off as I was a bit absentminded. When had they built this? After I had moved with mother? Before the darkness? After the darkness? I decided that it had to be before the darkness since it was so worn down and all.

Aslan yawned loudly and stretched his tiny body before looking straight at Dragomir, letting out a completely non-threatening roar. He wanted to explore him. I snorted quietly and glanced at the cub, who immediately sat down again on my back. My gaze set on the giant equine again, or more correctly on his empty forehead. "Mother have told me stories of this place, when she first came to Helovia and lived here. Everyone had horns." I rose my head a bit higher, using my height to try and match the stallion's. "But you don't. Are there many equines living here now?" I guess you could say that I was a bit too curious for my own good, but how else would you find out anything?

"I barely remember anything from my first months here. Just that a big, golden dragon was the leader and a gold-legged mare. Do you know them?" Okay, time to calm down with the questions. I had already asked too many for one go.

"Talk."

ooc: sorry for the short post!
w/c: 269
tags: @[Dragomir]
coding by Ina
Colored by Ina

Credits

Semira Posts: 42
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: Yearling
Kachie
(( <3 Bunnie and Ina! This is great opportunity for Ina thread, and she invited me anyway ))

With the morning's early light she had ventured out, traveling by air in long sweeping arcs farther and farther afield. Without any leads to go on about where she might find the missing members of her family, she had resorted to searching beyond the borders of the Edge from aloft. Sooner or later, she knew, her golden gaze would fall upon the figures of somebody she knew and wished fiercely to see. So far, though, the search had been fruitless. Naught to see but strangers and wildlife.

Such an uneventful search was she ending now, angling back toward the security of the Edge, where friends and extended 'family' resided still. Weariness drug at her wings, slowing her flight into long glides and making her less observant in response to her desire to find a safe place to descend. Almost, almost, she didn't see the pair of figures beyond the wall. Perhaps would have ignored the brief glimpse entirely, had she not recognized the familiar form of Dragomir, and felt a spark of baffled curiosity at the sight of an enormous tawny cat. It was the combination of these two that made her alter her course, circling down toward the trio.

Tired muscles strained as she backwinged to a light-footed landing atop a series of flat-ish ledges that made up one remaining section of nearby wall. A low sigh escaped her as she drew the leathery appendages close to her sides, allowing them to droop a bit, too tired to fold them properly. Her ears tipped toward the trio, catching the descriptions from the colt with interest. "Sounds like Mother, and my aunt." She chimed in as she leaned forward to leap from the wall-top, landing with a little of her usual grace and a distinct thump of hooves against the ground. Ugh, maybe I shouldn't fly so far in one go. She thought ruefully to herself as she walked closer, oblivious to the fact that her exotic, and unexpected appearance might be startling to the young unicorn and his tawny cat. Or that it lent an answer to a question she hadn't heard.

"Why do you ask?" She inquired, peering at the stranger and his companion as she came up alongside her painted friend. "Hello Dragomir," she chimed, weariness creeping into her melodic tones. Growing aware of her wind-tossed appearance, she shook herself lightly to settle anything that might've gotten shifted too out of place... like the strand of hair that had started to tickle her ear and made her aware of the situation in the first place. "I don't think we were expecting visitors....?"

Bunnie

The boy has a lot of questions and comments.

Dragomir wonders if he was like this, when he was young, staring at him perhaps too blankly as he cares very little for explaining things about his home to a stranger who once lived here and obviously not very long if he doesn’t know him. The colt is barely into his horn and all legs and lanky muscles, barely old enough to have been grazing at the most when he and his family had left, and it makes him really wonder if this one is really all that he says he is and if he shouldn’t have just chased him off rather than trying to be kind and befitting of his people’s reputation.

”It’s about as old as you are, I’d say, maybe younger by a few months. Couldn’t tell by looking at it,” he says, glancing over at the ruins of the wall with a bit of sadness and angst framing his face; that all that work had been for next to nothing aside from the memories he held of those weeks they’d worked together, the wraiths seemingly arriving at its completion to demolish its existence.

The next question makes him frown quite resolutely as he glowers at the boy. Obviously if his mother had told him so and he had been born here and he still held the impression that they might be some sort of horn wearing club, he came from a dam who looked the same as him at least. Either way, being compared to the Aurora Basin wasn’t something that settled well with the paint, knowing from what Mirage had told him that they weren’t exactly decent – and that had nothing to do with his views on keeping only unicorns in a mountain herd, that it was a stain to his own race and one that must be watched carefully.

Mirage said they were dangerous, and while Azarel means no offense, Dragomir takes it.

”The Edge is home to any willing to follow our laws,” he says with a brow rising as he looks at the gangly youth and wonders just who the hell he’d come from if he knows so little about his alleged birthplace; it surely meant his mother didn’t know much either. If she were here, Dragomir would tell her to shut her trap about things she couldn’t properly inform people about, but she wasn’t. He was left only with the remnants of her stupidity. ”You’d do well not asking those sort of questions around here again. Bigotry is not tolerated,” he rumbles, deep voice gravely in his agitation that he’s having to teach a boy lessons that he should already know from the very weave of this land, a lesson he fights against every day so that he can continue to grow among his family here, ”not even the suggestion of such a thing.”

As he’s come to expect from the boy, an answer leads to another question, and he almost sighs in annoyance that the kid has come here for a history lesson and has brought nothing in exchange for it other than an intrusion into Dragomir’s time. Thankfully, however, the sound of glass dislodging and falling to the earth draws his eyes towards the wall and the descended frame of Semira, a faint smile crossing his lips as she approaches and offers an answer for the colt, sparing the paint another row of words he’d rather not use.
”Afternoon, Semira,” he says, nodding hello in return, and answering her question with far more usefulness than any he had offered to Azarel so far, ”and no, we weren’t.” He chuckles briefly, a few rippling sounds embracing the air before dying as he looks over to the colt and back to his dragon friend. ”He says he used to live here, with his mother.”

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Unregistered

"It’s about as old as you are, I’d say, maybe younger by a few months. Couldn’t tell by looking at it." Alright then. I looked at the wall top to bottom and observed the damage that it had been caused. Could something like the darkness do something like that to a glass wall? Or had it possibly been the creatures in the darkness? "The Edge is home to any willing to follow our laws. You'd do well not asking those sort of questions around here again. Bigotry is not tolerated. Not even the suggestion of such a thing." I turned my head to the stallion and looked over him, raising a 'brow. Someone's sensitive. "I just said what my mother had told me. As I told you before, I don't remember much from my time here." I took a small step closer to him. He wasn't that much taller... I could beat him.

"Sounds like Mother, and my aunt." Hold on for a fucking minute, what? Was it about the golden dragon and gold-legged mare? A dragon and a mare - related? I immediately turned my head to the source of the voice and... Well, almost had a heart attack. Coming towards me was a filly, or... A female of some sort. She was decorated in silver scales and her wings.. were.. leather. What was she? Who was she to have a dragon mother? "Why do you ask?" "Uhm..." "Hello Dragomir. I don't think we were expecting visitors....?" I glanced at the equine, who seemingly ignored me and talked completely to the weird... thing... about me as if I wasn't even there. "Mother, father and I lived here for about a season. Then we had to move because the golden dragon said so." To be honest, I was offended about the fact that I was spoken about in third person like that. It was rude.

My gaze set on the dragonchild, who apparently was named Semira, and took a step back again from the big equine. "If the dragon was your mother... Do you recognize me? I lived here during Tallsun last year." I flicked my ears forth, curious about what the thing had to say. Because honestly, it freaked me out and made me curious at the same time. How did she work?

"Talk."

ooc: xDDD
w/c: 383
tags: @[Dragomir] @[Semira]
coding by Ina
Colored by Ina

Credits

Hidden Account
Kachie
It was all she could do to not laugh aloud at the bewildered expression on the young unicorn's face as he looked at her. It was not an expression she was accustomed to seeing on a stranger's face, not quite like that. Usually there a little more awe with the confusion. And the way she left him without words at first made her lips try desperately to quirk upwards. She hid the inevitable smile by reaching over with the intent of touching her muzzle against the shoulder of the painted stallion that was her friend. No, she wasn't the least bit used to interacting with colts near her own age.

With her humor back under control and capable of keeping a straight face once more, she looked back toward the unicorn as he began to speak again at last, explaining the reasons he'd left and the time frame in which he'd called the Edge home. "Last Tallsun?" Goodness, she'd been a bare two seasons... and wasn't that about the time when Dragomir had come to the Edge? Quizzically she peered between colt and stallion, trying to plumb her memories for any whisper of this colt, or his parents. And came up blank. "I don't think I remember seeing you... and I don't know who your parents were to say if I remember seeing them." She offered with a shrug. She hadn't really been exposed to other foals who weren't immediately related to her. "And Mother wasn't always a dragon... just sometimes."

Bunnie

If Azarel had asked Dragomir why it was he felt the wall had fallen, he would have answered that it had little to do with the darkness; in his mind, the wall had come down with the one who had designed and built it, upheld the rights for it stand along the border of the Moon’s land. When Mirage had vanished, the Moon had wiped away the remnants of her rule, so that others might know and remember the consequences of not guarding that which should have been most important to them – not their land, a vain thing, but those who made it more than just a forest in which food grew, those who made it a home.

It signified the end of one story and the beginning of another. Whether the monsters, the darkness, or the Moon herself had done it were of no importance; it was still planned, a divine event, and he looked to the crumbling wall as Mirage’s signature at the end of her short farewell.

As the youth raises his brow and takes an imposing step forward, the Glazier feels his chest clench in agitation and his head swiftly rises, limbs planting themselves more firmly against the earth below him as he glowers back at the impudent unicorn.

Spared a bit of shouting by the crafter as Semira arrives and immediately cools the rising temperature of the paint, falling into her company and, for the most part, ignoring the purple tinted idiot at their doorstep; he manages to get some words in after the friendly banter between the two friends, however, and Dragomir looks over at him with a raised brow that wonders why in Moon’s tits this daft child has come to stare at a land he doesn’t even remember well enough to recall a single name or face aside from his mother.

Whoever she was needed to quit making kids or at least insure they didn’t go around making total fools out of themselves in front of strangers.

Semira answers her questions, some of the some curious expressions rising to her face and the replies quite short and terse for one so young and normally friendly. She was, at least, supplying answers, which was more than Dragomir wanted to do at this point after the little puke had stepped towards him as if he was going to do more than continue to ask questions and take up the Glazier’s time; everything about this boy had grated against him since they'd first met and it has all culminated into a final and explosive boiling point.

”No one recognizes you. You know nothing of this place beyond the hallucinations and dim dreams of a child, and I’ve heard quite enough,” he snaps, blue eyes cold and glinting, old hatreds rousing insults in the back of his mind that are aimed at this one’s lineage and appearance, but he does not care or shun them; it is boys like this one who have put room for racism in the world, those who give an excuse to rely on old and false hatreds (and it doesn’t help he’s still heartbroken over his beautiful Queen and the missing figurehead that had guided his life until her disappearance and is thus, perhaps, overly bitter and acidic), ”you have no respect for our people, laws, your own place upon this earth, or even the vaguest understanding of the truth of the world you live in, and yet act as if you deserve something of us for simply being. You deserve none of our hospitality, or any more of my time.”

Disgruntled, he snorts and stamps a hoof. ”Leave, as the Dragon Queen asked of you and your kin last year,” standing his ground but wishing he could look over to Semira for support because he’s not entirely sure he has rights to demand such a thing of anyone, he finishes quite tersely, ”come back again when you’ve got enough sense and humility to act like a stranger where you are one.”

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Unregistered
Azarel
"I don't think I remember seeing you... and I don't know who your parents were to say if I remember seeing them. And Mother wasn't always a dragon... just sometimes." I could only stare at the dragonchild. We... We were forgotten? Slowly I shook my head and Aslan meowed quietly. He wasn't the only one who felt the flames starting to burn inside of me. "No one recognizes you. You know nothing of this place beyond the hallucinations and dim dreams of a child, and I've heard quite enough." My eyes locked on the equine's, glaring at him through mismatched windows. "You have no respect for our people, laws, your own place upon this earth, or even the vaguest understanding of the truth of the world you live in, and yet act as if you deserve something of us for simply being. You deserve none of our hospitality, or any more of my time." He didn't even know me. He was just a pathetic, worthless excuse for an equine. Stupid, even. "Leave, as the Dragon Queen asked of you and your kin last year, come back again when you've got enough sense and humility to act like a stranger where you are one." "You know nothing about me. I have NOT disrespected your lands - if I had, I would've been on the inside of that wall a long time ago." I growled forth the words, glaring at him as I buffed myself up. "My memories of this place is vague, but I do remember my own birthday, asshole. Drakes, trying to rip apart my parents as they tried to save me, my dad flying high and attacking them while mother gave birth. Dragomir, you are as low as those drakes were on that day." I rose my head high, feeling the flames burn brighter inside of me. It was the anger, always the anger. I never really could control it when others were acting stupid around me.

"You shall know very clear that I stopped being a child long ago. Only my simple curiosity is left, but do NOT fucking take me for a child with the mind of an idiot." And then, there was fire. My shoulder brightened up the area around us, licking my golden skin as I stared with pure fury at Dragomir. I would teach him a lesson one day. One day, I would come back and give him exactly what he deserved like the nomads who had attacked Mother.

I looked over at Semira, who probably didn't realize what she had just caused. My teeth clamped together hard and... I just felt the anger burn. The silvery flames hurt my red eye a bit, it was too bright, but I managed. It was only a little pain and I had dealt with that way too much to feel anything anymore. Swiftly, my head turned to the equine again. "I had done you nothing to deserve being treated like this. My Czar and Czarina shall know about this. The World's Edge is not to be trusted. They shun away visitors like they are a plague." I took a step away from them, the stallion and his little dragonfilly, hate still glowing in my eyes. I used to be a colt who easily made friends. I was friends with everyone. Yet... Friends seemed to turn into enemies. "In the name of Azzaron," My father's name hurt and only threw more fuel to the fire inside. "I declare this the home of idiots." The fire upon my shoulder went out and with that, I ran. I ran away from the idiots of the Edge, promising to not come back until I had power.

"Talking."
wordcount // 615
ooc // wow.. sorry .-.
tags // @[Dragomir] @[Semira]
silverflames burning high
Image Credit

Hidden Account
Kachie
Though she herself had not been overly friendly as she was sometimes inclined to do, it was another thing entirely in the silver child's mind to hear the terse coldness in her painted friend's voice. Bewildered she looked at him, taken aback and silent by his words. Her mind wheeled, struggling to make sense of why he was being so unnecessarily harsh. She winced, as he stamped a hoof, her ears tilting back, and she reached out her muzzle with the intent of catching a lock of his mane and giving it a light tug in what would have passed as a gentle reprimand in her mind.

But though she might have thought her friend irritable and harsh, it was nothing to the way the young unicorn reacted to their words. The anger that rose up from him made the silver child stop short, golden eyes turning toward him. The insult offered was enough to make her bristle despite her weariness, leathery wings beginning to lift at the indignancy of her friend being compared so negatively to a filthy drake. She remembered a bit now, remembered the irritability in the dragons in the following days after the signs of drakes had been discovered. But she didn't have a chance to hiss a protest before things changed, and changed dramatically.

Fire leapt into being upon the unicorn's shoulder, and sheer instinct had the filly leaping forward to interpose herself between stallion and colt. She knew intuitively that her scales, the sign of the dragon's granddaughter, gave her a greater resistance to whatever flames this unicorn might fling toward her friends. "That's enough, the both of you!" She spat out, along with a plume of fire that wove itself into a dragon that mantled its wings fiercely before fading away. Her tail lashed the air as she stood defiantly between them, knowing that Dragomir would not be so brash as to shove her aside, and confident enough in herself to not be afraid off the angry colt who threw angry words at the painted stallion. But it was only words the colt had, for when those words ran dry so did the fuel for his fire and, apparantly, his courage. For it was then that he spun around and raced away.

A moment passed, two, before she allowed herself to relax and lift her attentive gaze from the last traces of the colt who'd evidently just came to look. Those golden eyes swept back toward Dragomir, and she arched a brow at him. "That was a little harsh, you know." Exhaustion was creeping back up to claim her, and she swayed a bit on her hooves before a brief flaring of her wings steadied her balance. "He didn't take that very well at all.." She mused to herself, contemplating the oddity surrounding a unicorn colt who could, it appeared, set himself afire to no ill effect.
[Image: 538fd70b3d28e]

Bunnie

What had been controlled anger roused into fire at the words suddenly flying out of the unicorn’s dark lipped trap, the large stallion’s brows clenching together and his own bulk stepping forward with his own threats in reply to the fluffing of the young boy’s chest in response to being cast off their doorstep. The words were not really what held the primitive stallion’s more violent side in rapture, rather the way every ounce of this little punk seemed to read “hit me,” at the moment.

But then his mind caught up to the irrational fervor of his subconscious, hearing what he was saying and catching insults tangled with, what Dragomir believed, further proof to his words, that the boy and his family were strangers to the Edge who had been ghosts along its border, not a part of its many friendships and branching connections. He’s just staring to piece together a theory that the stupid cow who had told them that the Edge was a racist band of unicorns led by a golden dragon had been trespassing while giving birth to her equally stupid child when several things happen at once.

The boy bursts into flames while he froths at the mouth and Semira leaps in front of him, barring the path that would lead him directly towards the burning idiot as he wants to when presented with such an obvious challenge (that was, truly, more of an accident), and he himself rears up in a helpless fit of fury and beats his hooves against the air while glaring with a snarl on his face down at the unicorn who burns along their border, seemingly defusing all while Dragomir burns and burns all the more inside, the raging loud enough to drown out Semira’s shout from reaching his conscious mind (stilling, however, his forward momentum behind her frame).

Slamming back down to the earth at the accusations slipping from the young unicorn’s mouth, his head snakes across Semira’s back and his body presses as far forward as it can without knocking it over, all his aggravation towards the other male and what has transpired in his life over the past year relentlessly pouring out from him as his teeth grip down hard on his tongue, anger making him too dumb to bother with words when all he wants to do is smash the boy’s head into the remnants of the wall.

He grunts as the foul mouthed and wickedly tempered youth flees the border as he was asked, just as any cowardly fool would; a true warrior would have stood his ground where this one only flashed his useless toys and then dissipated into the wilderness. To his receding hind end the crafter mutters a gravely, hate filled insult, probably only heard by the dragon princess keeping him from chasing after the coward.

”Moronic babe,” he snarls with a rough snort, tossing his nose back over Semira’s back and agitatedly pacing back towards the Edge a few steps, his ears pinned and white and ebony tail lashing viciously against his sides.

He’s still pissed when his friend directs words to him, to which he makes a sharp, barking laugh and growls out a terse answer. ”Harsh? Some would have beat him to death and let the wyverns have him for such stupid questions,” he surges forward a few paces and aggressively pivots to repeat the same path he just walked, attempting to ease his rancor but finding it less simple to soothe on this occasion than it had been in the Grove. Perhaps age, perhaps circumstance; he cannot know anything more at this time other than he is deeply offended by that unicorn ever having been here. ”Spouting off about all he remembers while asking if our Queen is a giant golden dragon who keeps a fold of only unicorns, a despicable display of contradictions and illusions to his claim to have ever belonged.”

Curiosity, my ass,” he mutters harshly while passing, ”believing in such fairytales. It’s plausible to assume that his family all has punitive brains as well and thus his dam gave birth to him while trespassing, as idiots might be daft enough to attempt. Dragons do not attack without cause.”

He laughs, a dark sounding thing, his anger ebbing but his irritation and loathing towards the fool boy known as Azaron still lodged deep in his chest. ”Perhaps they wanted to spare the world its experience of him.”

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Hidden Account
Kachie
It was a lucky thing indeed that her attention had been so focused upon the colt and not upon her friend, or she might have been inclined to scamper clear of the angry stud. Only an ear was tilted though toward his angered form, only vague awareness from glimpses in her peripheral vision hinting at the overabundance of rage and male temper tantrums surrounding the silver child. The sudden press of a larger body against her side, the heat of a neck thrust across her back, was nearly enough to startle her. But the potential threat of the unicorn was more than sufficient to keep her standing still even as some part of her mind wondered in wary awe at the ferocity that her lean young form was holding back by her mere presence. Doubtful though that the youngster would have realized just how lucky he was that she had arrived when she had, that the dragon filly acted as a uncrossable boundary for the painted stallion.

A twitch of her ears betrayed her hearing of the curse spouted after the unicorn, before she turned to watch Dragomir. Some small part of her envied the energy with which he prowled back and forth, a massive predator without prey to devour, the same small part of her that still bemoaned the ache in her shoulders and wings even in the midst of the heat and excitement. Her stance widened slightly, steadying her weary body even as she stood before a sight that was far from common to her. Contemplations of the stranger were brief before the concerns of what exactly Dragomir would do next.

It was a small relief that he merely paced restlessly back and forth. But still her ears were tilted back warily, long tail sweeping back and forth. "He mentioned drakes, not dragons. They are not the same. I... remember when the dragons found trace of drakes here. There was so much anger..." She shivered at the memory, shivered again at the darkness in her friend's laughter. This side of him... unsettled her. In an effort to calm him she stepped forward, hurrying her steps to fall into stride with him. Then she reached out her muzzle toward his neck, shifting half a stride closer so she could brush against his side. "He's gone now, Dragomir. You don't need to be angry anymore."
[Image: 538fd70b3d28e]

Bunnie

She was not a border he could not break, at least not in truth, but he was loathe to roll a princess across the ground in his haste to tear at the idiot and, while he is sometimes unable to make use of his better judgment, it wins out in this case. His mind still is blurred by the irrational outrage he feels towards the unicorn child, his youthful training mixed with his abundant pride for his home having spurred him, once again, into the churning waters of his emotions – and unlike sadness, which was terrible in its own way, anger made the water red with blood and broke everything into pieces.

As he prowls with his ears pinned and his coat dampening with the sweat of adrenaline, he can feel Semira’s eyes on him but refuses to look to her for a time as his words cut the air and his anger burns out in his heart. He doesn’t want to know if he’s embarrassing himself or making the dragon princess uncomfortable with his outrage, and he cares even less to see shame writ across her face if that is the case he will find. Her voice reaches him still, rising over the embers that crackled and smoked within him and the sway of her tail almost dragging his eyes to her. His ears still settle hard against the top of his head, blue eyes narrowed in disbelief that it had only been unease among the dragons that had caused the assault; everything happened for a reason.

Everything.

”You don’t have to be angry anymore,” she says, and he does look at her this time, still hot headed but easing into his normal state of peace as he lets his fervent eyes glaze along her figure as she reaches out to touch him, the warmth of her body seeping into the already heated lining of his own. Her breath is gentle and he can tell from her words that she only means to soothe him, but he cannot understand why she is not upset at the antics of a fool when his words had been targeted at the land of her birth. A deep breath breaks from his nostrils, his exhalation hot in the air and heating his sensitive muzzle until he snorts the last of his aggravation out in a giant sound and a shaking of his head, a fore hoof slamming into the ground for one last hoorah before he settles into the slowing pace of his heart and tries to explain with a more clear mind.

”I don’t trust him, regardless,” he says resolutely, ”nothing in this world comes to pass without cause. To think so is to invalidate your Gods and their ability to protect you, and what Gods are they then?” He stares out into the wood at the still swaying branches that Azarel had darted through, the heat in his eyes now replaced with a cool shadow that told of the fury he had just let go of. ”If he comes back I’ll snap that stick off his head and use it as a carving tool.”

Wishlist | Table Tracker