Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

K T U L U
It's hiding in the dark
It's teeth are razor sharp
There's no escape for me
It wants my soul,
It wants my heart

Sweat slicked sides heaved as the young mare strained to expel the foal from her body. Her labor had begun in the early hours of the morning and it was now nearing noon and the foal still had not greeted the world. Ktulu grunted and groaned and kicked her legs all in an effort to force the foal from her body. The mare lifted her head and craned her neck to look behind and see if any progress was being made with the foal. She felt as if there were none, but in looking back she could see front legs emerging from beneath her tail. Ktulu allowed her head to rest on the ground once more, her crimson eyes squeezing shut as she continued to push.

Several minutes later the foal slid from the birth canal and a landed in a tangle of long legs and wings behind her. Ktulu took a moment to catch her breath before she forced herself to stand on shaky legs and turn to her son. Her head lowered and she bumped her muzzle against his forehead and lovingly nibbled at his forelock. "Hototo." She murmured as she traced her muzzle over the curved ram horns and the downy wings that he got from his father.

Her tongue swiped over his frail body as she cleaned him and tried to urge him to stand and drink. It felt surreal to be cleaning a foal let alone one of her own that she'd had with the God of the Earth. She wondered idly if he would arrive and greet his child on the day of his birth.

Icon by Tay

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

HOTOTO</style>
 Let the meek have the kingdom of heaven; the strong shall rule on earth.</style>

Mother speaks to me, but I have no idea what she means. The sound is strange, but it has a nice ring to it. I open an eye to glance upward at her, seeing her face for the first time, trying to match it to the strong, steady beat of her heart that I had come to know. Her voice sounds different out here, in the cold world where I suppose I am to live. Everything seems so terribly loud, not being drowned out in my comfortable home in her womb. I wonder if I will ever be able to go back, but judging by how hard she worked to make me leave, I am left to assume that this loud, foreign place will now be my home.

The face that looks at me begins to blur, and I am having trouble focusing on her, keeping her features straight in the blinding light of the world. I wish so badly to be back in my warm, dark haven.

I lay splayed upon the ground, a mess of long, gangly legs that I suppose were common for our kind. Mother has long limbs too, but hers seem to be more fitted to her large dark form, where as my limbs are like foreign objects tied unfamiliarly to my body. As I try to move one spidery leg, it only ends up going in a direction I had not intended. Was there some trick to controlling these things? My brow crumples in a disgruntled fashion as I am to move my leg to the side, finding a small triumph as it finally heeds my command.

Soon, though, this game of cat and mouse that I play with my mind and legs grows tiring, and I let myself be fully cleaned by mother even as I dip my head to the ground softly, resting my muzzle in a strange red dust. It clings to my nostrils and makes me sneeze - once, twice… three times before the direct settles with a splat of snot on the ground below my head. I lean my head toward my mother’s stomach, trying to find the solace I had in the womb. This world, so full of light and sound, was quite confusing, and I wished that perhaps I could have prepared for this journey a little longer.

ooc; x_x; this is horrible, sorry.

Art by Krazie!</style>
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
BLAME IT ON HELL'S FIRE AND ON MY DESIRES
THE SKIES ARE CRYING
BLOOD.

Ophelia hovered over her sister worriedly, her keen eyes taking in the sweat that shimmered on her charcoal belly and her stress. Softly, she pushed her velvet nose next to Ktulu's ear and whispered calming things until she noticed small, spindly legs emerging. Carefully, the white mare moved around to her sister's hips, making sure that the child was making progress and not going to kill her sister.

Though she loved the life of others, she loved her sister more. She would not hesitate in piercing the child and dragging it out if she had to. Luckily, that was not an option, and once the child was fully on the ground, a smile passed her lips. He was the most interesting color for a child, and Ophelia helped her sister to her feet, providing her her shoulder once more for support.

The wings he had were lovely, and his horns very masculine. Phi smiled at his name and then waited in silent support as Ktulu cleaned her child. He sneezed three times, and Ophelia chuckled, moving to stand in front of the sun so that the bright rays would not over-heat or fluster the baby. "He is very handsome, Ktulu," she murmured with a pleased smile before leaning down and pressing her lips on his head in a gentle kiss.

"You are very handsome, Hototo."

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas had known of his herdmate, Ktulu, for quite some time and found concern for her pregnancy when their confrontation with a rouge bay nearly put her in unpleasant vile. They rarely had reason to converse thus far, but then again he wasn’t the most social creature in the Throat. Still, the lad considered her a friend and kin generous enough. Holding fondness for the horn clad mare he took mind to pay visit and inquire about health, but upon slow approach during the wee dark hours of their morning, Midas noted that her time of delivery was near. It would be inappropriate for him to go assist, these moments where hers to experience. He sent up a softly spoken prayer of safety to his lord for her sake; then turned toward a different path that would put mind on other topics until after her birthing cycle was complete. Which involved lots of mindless patrol, the morning was pleasantly uneventful.

Finally, when the sun’s light had crept higher and nearly marked the end of his first shift he returned to check up on the youthful girl. A pleasant smile creased the corners of his dark lips, she had successfully given life to a little Pegasus colt; heart swelled with delight for the glory of her newborns day. Carefully he approached with wings relaxed and features every bit an expression of good intent, “Malady’s, Ktulu and Ophelia,” skull dipped with greeted respect toward both sisters while golden orbs rose to gaze upon the newest member of his growing family.

Widened beam grew as he murmured, “And, who is this fine young colt?” the little bundle of legs appeared to be getting his surroundings figured out.

Word count: 323
OOC: This is set before Midas goes to visit the vein of the gods and seeks Ktulu for his quest. <’3

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

God of the Earth
Buried in Water and Earth

A rumble in the earth signals the approach of the father of the Earth, his hooves making sounds like thunderclaps as he travels swiftly in the desert of his banished brother, the Sun. The gathering increases before he makes it, a jolly smile pulled across his bearded face and the aged face looking youthful as ever, a passion seeping out from the emerald eyes.

"Welcome to the world, my son!" the Earth bellows happily as he comes to an abrupt halt, the massive bay giving a proud glance to all in company of Ktulu and his new son, Hototo. He looks toward Ophelia, a warm smile on his face. "Thank you for being ever watchful of your sister as she carried my son," his voice is suddenly cordial, though the happy mood is not misplaced for even a moment. "Your care and loyalty will not be forgotten by me."

Reaching a massive wing out toward Midas, the God gently touches the shoulder of the tobiano. "Hototo is the son of the Earth," he says in response to the stallion's inquiry, a bright, prideful smile tacked upon charred lips.

Walking a bit closer to the tired mother, the Earth God drips his horned head down to her eye level. Extending a gentle touch forward, the God closes his eyes, summoning a glistening water to rise from the dried earth of the desert, which hovers in the air not far from Ktulu's face. "Drink and it will restore your energy." Next, and finally, his attention is turned down to the small colt, a look of wonder taking over the wise eyes of the Earth God.

"My son, the Earthsinger," the God whispers mysteriously toward the young colt, a soft nudge being place on his shoulder.

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

K T U L U
It's hiding in the dark
It's teeth are razor sharp
There's no escape for me
It wants my soul,
It wants my heart

The birth of her child soon became a spectacle as she was joined by her sister, first, then Midas. Ktulu was never more grateful in her entire life that Ophelia had been with her to give her comfort and support that she needed but would not have asked for otherwise. It was part of their bond that she cherished. They each knew what the other needed most and would provide it without a second thought. As she stood Ophelia moved to stand beside her and for the first time since she was a foal she allowed herself to lean on her sister for support. Childbirth was hard, she didn't know how her mother had birthed twins.

She looked up as Midas asked who the child's father was, but before she could answer the Earth began to rumble. The mare smiled. "He's on his way." Attention was turned back to her son as she continued to clean him, but soon she grew weary and allowed her body to lower to the ground and rest beside that of her son. Moments later the Earth God arrived, his voice just as loud and jovial as she remembered it to be. He had a reason for it. His child had finally come.

Ktulu nuzzled Hototo's forehead then looked up when the god finally spoke directly to her. She blinked at the water that hovered in the air before her head then drank thirstily. Gradually she could feel her strength returning. Once she'd drank all the water the god had given her she stood again, head lowered as she continued to nuzzle her son. Never before had she ever thought she would be mother. And never had she thought that another being would share that same special place in her heart that Ophelia had kept for so long.

Icon by Tay