the Rift

[OPEN] fade and then return

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
<style type="text/css">.wrapper {background: #607B8E;width: 640px;padding: 20px;}.img {}.container {background: #020307;width: 600px;padding: 20px;padding-bottom: 5px;}.messagebox {background: rgba(96, 123, 142, 0.7);width: 600px;margin-top: 20px;}.message {padding: 10px;color: #000;font: 13px 'Times New Roman', serif;text-align: justify;}.name {font: 26px 'Cinzel', serif;color: #F7FBFA;padding-top: 5px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px rgba(96, 123, 142, 0.7); }.parentage {font: italic 14px 'Times New Roman', serif;color: rgba(96, 123, 142, 0.6);margin-top: -10px;}</style>
Decorated with a new talisman and a new sense of hope, it was time to leave the dark safety of his mother’s world and return to the other half of his blood. Helovia. Suspicions that the sickness that had driven them into the caves had receded would need to be confirmed - but his heart was light as his wings felt with each beat against the nighttime air. On those silent, silver-lined wings he had covered the distance between the veins and Helovia’s heart - the bright eternal fires guiding his way in the night. Dawn wouldn’t be far, the first dawn he will have seen in some time. Even now the eastern sky was growing violet.

Too soon, he could not help but feeling. He had been lucky to get so much time but it was too soon. He wasn’t sure if he was ready to be back yet.

An entire season had gone by, the lush warmth of Birdsong heavy in the air mingling with scents of new vegetation and life with the promise of Tallsun close.

Circling down now, he landed near the opening to the caves - listening for the sounds of the population below that he remembered from last time but in the predawn, everything was quiet. The darkness held no fear for him, not now, and in a quick blink he disappeared from the surface shadows and stood instead in those in the Sanctuary below, created where the dancing light from the Heart could not reach around corners or rocks.

It looked like, for the time being, he was alone. Silver eyes quickly scanned about to see if he had teleported himself into disrupting anything before he picked up a slow pace to explore.

Old and new scents mingled but most were old - no one at least had been living here for some time. So if they were gone from here, where were they now? Had the Foothills members found their way back safely? What of his families? He had worried after them while gone and until he found them again it would stick in his heart.

mesec
child of the moon

current location - sanctuary
open to any!
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

demons run, but count the cost,
the battle's won, but the child is lost
Sacre had never been back to the caves since he had rid himself of their shadows. The whole ordeal was fresh in the memory like it was yesterday and he could still feel the joy that had filled his body when the darkness lifted and finally he could run free. Yet, he owed the caves a friend, Sacre hadn't emerged from the caves on his own after all. The bundle of fur in question was curled up neatly, tail curved around his keen fox features, upon the rump of his slate coloured bonded. The vulpine had complained of hunger and the heart caves were not far from the Dragons Throat so the pair had travelled back to where they had escaped, where they had first met one another. Inari had hunted for a while whilst Sacre cropped at the grasses and soon night had begun to fall. Tonight they would stay in Sanctuaries embrace, safe in the shadows until morning rose and they would emerge, setting tracks for their sand ridden home. For now, however, the intrepid duo began to quietly walk over towards the cave entrance to take shelter until morning and they were rather sleepily approaching the entrance when Sacre finally noticed the movement of another arriving by air, who had proceeded to vanish into the darkness.

The boy blinked as his startled heart jumped to his mouth before settling back in his chest to thunder away; who was that? Sacre was sure he saw a silhouette of wings, what if it was some scary creature? Or an evil horse or a mad one? He would be all alone, with Inari, in a cave... With a murderer. Sacre shook his head and cursed his imagination that liked to think up wild stories when the sun had gone down and the world was quiet. Still, he couldn't help feeling apprehensive as he slowly made his way into the cave, the whites of his eyes flickering as Inari stirred from sleep to watch the dark engulf them and the eerie glow of the rocks kissed their furs.

In the end, Sacre recognized the shimmering colt as the strange kid he had met the last he was in the caves, they had spoken very little and not to one another. Sacre couldn't remember his name or if he even caught it, but his heart rate lowered a little. At least he sort of knew the guy, or his face anyway. An impressive one at that and so was the rest of him, a mixture of pegasus and unicorn with markings of silver that easily drew the stained colts attention. His horn a twisted black with a sharp point and his eyes were just like two moons. The boy snorted to alert his presence before curling his usual reckless smile across his face. "I hope I do not intrude" his confident, vibrant voice echoed across the cave, but his summer blue eyes were reflecting a more apologetic look. It was only right, the silver splashed male did get here first after all, even if there wasn't much in it.

"I can move to another part..."
sydna

@[Mesec]

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
<style type="text/css">.wrapper {background: #607B8E;width: 640px;padding: 20px;}.img {}.container {background: #020307;width: 600px;padding: 20px;padding-bottom: 5px;}.messagebox {background: rgba(96, 123, 142, 0.7);width: 600px;margin-top: 20px;}.message {padding: 10px;color: #000;font: 13px 'Times New Roman', serif;text-align: justify;}.name {font: 26px 'Cinzel', serif;color: #F7FBFA;padding-top: 5px;text-shadow: 1px 1px 2px rgba(96, 123, 142, 0.7); }.parentage {font: italic 14px 'Times New Roman', serif;color: rgba(96, 123, 142, 0.6);margin-top: -10px;}</style>
A snort alerted the silver-eyed Mesec that his suspicions that the caves were empty had proven false. Had he missed this stranger when he had first arrived? Or perhaps he had descended while Mesec had explored and they had just missed each other. He had hoped that it was the latter, his eyes were too accustomed to the dark to miss something as blatant as a fellow equid in a close vicinity.

But wait, this was not quite a stranger.

Perhaps the red-touched youth was not the familiar face that Mesec had been hoping to see, not even among the first dozen that might have come to his mind, but the fact that it was a familiar face was oddly comforting. He had felt too removed from the world over the past seasons (a justified feeling, as he quite literally was) but here was a little piece of where he had been before. Indeed, this unicorn had been one of the last he had seen before being beckoned by his mother.

And he was friendly too. Mesec knew he could have escaped with relative ease if things turned out otherwise, but there was comfort in that polite, confident voice. “Oh no, that’s alright. I was just checking to see if anyone was still down here - so you answered my question for me.” A small smile then, thankful for this chance at company. Thankful that there were signs that at least a part of the world was safe still. “I see your egg hatched.” The comment was a little awkward in the delivery, blurted out suddenly as soon as he spotted the fox curled upon the charcoal back. The companion set off a sense of awe in the colt and he tried not to stare too blatantly. To think that fox was once little more than an egg just a short time ago.

There was a quick cough to clear his throat and a shake of his head to clear that too, followed soon by a second attempt at conversation - the words thankfully coming more smoothly this time. “I don’t think we were introduced last time…” A pause and a glance, checking to see if this was correct. If not, then the time away must have had the unfortunate side effect of having some of his memory leak out. “I’m Mesec.”

@[Sacre]
mesec
child of the moon

image credit
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Florabella Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Florabella
Say, how much was I feeling my age?

I blamed the vague familiarity this cave brought me, but the cranium which held what I saw with my own eyes were fuzzy, foreign. No, the land itself wasn't foreign entirely, but I couldn't discover why some faces were harder to recall than others. Regardless of my efforts it remained unknown and my agitated shot up to unhealthy levels. I loathed what I couldn't figure out - it only added to the stupidity of my intelligent - though I still had a mystery of my own. No doubt my age was the reason I had developed memory loss and I left it that way to cure some of my conflicted musings.

The place itself took some time to adjust to. Alas, I hadn't the night vision should I have been another creature entirely. If that were the case, I'd be able to see through the tunnels and the cave itself, but it wasn't. Instinct never fled my body and every muscle bulged and tensed in spite of my depleting stamina after a walk from a meadow, which stirred unwelcoming sounds. Laughing. Crying. Emotions which lingered temporarily from some kind of reminder. Though, what would serve to develop some new memories and understand this foreign land better? I mused, and mused. No strategic plan. Nothing. Someone or something could invoke, and I could easily have shed my acquaintances with them. I was getting rather concerned for my well-being.

My ears flipped forwards and strained to hear voices which ricocheted off the walls. Echoes, and words yet none I could pinpoint in terms of real words. I was still in a safe distance, but how desperate did I become to absolve to talking to another equine? It should have been best left where I stayed alone! I wouldn't be hurt, nor would I criticize another so impulsively. Conflicting thoughts stirred and my skull ached from the thinking I had done. I decided to stop acting like a coward and approach what would appear to be creatures of a fantastical myth. My memory aided me in that the land I had yet to adjust to, they were as real as I was. My form was solid, and I felt my heart beating within my breast. I was alive, but I felt dead if such a feeling was even possible. I felt like a ghost looming through what could be divine, but also another hell. Yet they stood there chatting, and not paying a mind to me. Cowards did not stare blankly when they craved attention yet I craved a sadistic desire to see someone writhe in pain, too. Words could hurt. I do not remember, but I knew it sliced through the depths of my soul.

I took a deep breath so I could steady myself. "Hello, boys." My voice spoke with a fabricated tone of bliss. Low-pitched as always. And easy to see through the deceit and into the core where my fear lied.

I questioned why I always try to talk to others. The truth was: I was getting old and lonely. Desperate enough to talk to aging colts, it seemed.

@[Mesec] , @[Sacre]
do they see my many personalities
Image Credit

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

demons run, but count the cost,
the battle's won, but the child is lost
To Sacre’s joy the shiny male was happy enough to share the space and those kind words immediately lifted the air of anxiety he felt at insulting or even angering him. After all, they were practically strangers. The colt snorted a short and soft laugh in awe as his gaze drifted around the room that had housed so many horses. The smell of sweat and fear had been rife, the tension high as enemies stood shoulder to shoulder for the first time since running each other down on a battlefield. Sacre had been glad to find Inari and something to occupy his mind other than his raging thoughts and this impatience to venture outside. He had bitten the bullet and left in the end, following a stallion called Voodoo out into the open fields, funnily enough, he too had had a fox. Perhaps they were good luck! Sacre liked to think that. ”Sometimes I wonder if it happened at all, seems hard to believe that so many were crammed into one hole” he quietly commented after his monochrome companion confirmed he was okay to remain.

A sweeping expression of confusion briefly crossed his face when the stranger mentioned an egg before Sacre followed his gaze and quickly his eyes widened in understanding, laughing happily. ”Yes! Though I was rather surprised at its contents” he turned his nose to prod the fox gently and Inari yawned, looking dewy eyed at the star studded colt with a new curiosity now the attention had been turned onto him.

Sacre turned his attention back to their company when he heard the cough and smiled politely with a rather quaint dip of his head. It was always a good thing to put a name to a face. ”I’m Sacre and my friend is Inari” he introduced them both with his usual exuberant flare, Inari croaking out a rather sleepy sounding yap to add his own introductions.

Their conversation was interrupted then by another voice, another scent and another horse to lay eyes upon. The boy turned sharply, made jump by her sudden appearance, and quickly ran his gaze over their new member to their small party. A mare this time, an equine mare covered in brown and white patches, her eyes had the same colour affliction his father had. Lastly, her voice was a pleasant one to his ears and he met it with his own broad and joyful face ”hello” he boldly greeted her as Inari pulled his attention to the girl and flapped his tail once in equal exuberance. ”Apparently the caves are not quite so empty” he threw an amused look at Mesec, relating back to his first comment. It was almost hard to believe that many would come back here, but then again, perhaps there were some friendships forged in the shadows and some would travel to relive a precious moment. Not that Sacre knew that this was why either of them were here.

He nodded at the mare and quickly drew in air to introduce himself again ”I’m Sacre and the fox is Inari. Who might you be? He asked with light curiosity, neither demanding her name nor looking disinterested. He paused and left a few moments for them to speak before shaking his head, mane falling in messy folds and he asked both of them the question quivering on his lips.

”Have you travelled far to reach the caves?”
sydna

@[Mesec]

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!