the Rift

[OPEN] A Sense of Peace [Returning]

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper
CHEVEYO

i'll follow you down through the eye of the storm

I hadn't meant to make it seem like I had ran away from the only family I had. I also didn't mean to make it seem as if I was running away from the stallion that left my blood boiling, in the good way, but of course, that was how everyone would see it. Alleo and Note were the only two who knew of what stories came along with my past, and I had hoped to keep it that way. But as soon as my yellow painted hooves touched the ground of the Edge, I knew I couldn't remain here and be the creature that I was made to be.
So I had left, just long enough to collect the remains of the girl I used to be and try to glue them back together. Long enough to train with the finest warriors that I could find, and long enough to find a wise man that I could speak to about Kwahu and how I was supposed to move on past that without feeling like a traitor.
Chestnut harks swiveled uneasily on top of my painted skull, I wasn't sure how it would be to be back here at the Edge...back in the herd that I had joined after I discovered that I was in fact falling for a stallion that I had literally ran into but regardless of that, the Edge was home and I would remain there until it fell off the well...edge of the Earth. My painted flesh shuddered over thick muscles as my tongue clicked harshly against the roof of my mouth in my usual nervous fashion. Even though I was glad to see the boarder of the lands again I wasn't sure how they would handle my sudden reappearance.
For a moment or two I stood there, the light breeze toying with the ends of my flaxen mane and tail as orchid pools gazed over the lands that I called home. Thoughts of what had changed in the few months that I was gone shifted about in my grey matter before a sigh tore through soft pink paper thins. It was now or never, if I didn't announce my arrival now and see if I was to be chased out or welcomed with open arms, then I never would do it. Air rushed through my nasal passages into my lungs as a deep breath was inhaled before being expelled into the atmosphere in the shape of a whinny that would hopefully bring attention to my location and draw a few of my herd mates in my general direction.

"Speeeech"
Tag;; @[Resplendence] + open + open
Words;; 433
OOC;; Whoever would like to welcome Cheveyo back / question her for the season that she has been gone. Whatever. Just please, no more than like 3 horses...if there are three horses already posted and you would like a thread with her please just pm me.
Also, I apologize for this, I'm rusty with her and she's a little distraught.

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Dragomir Posts: 275
World's Edge Glazier atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17" :: 7 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Bunnie

The birds, they got help from below
From dirty paws and the creatures of snow

With the cart returned to the Edge and the added knowledge that he was now the only Glazier around to teach those still learning how to create things in mind, he walks the perimeter of the broken wall searching for two sorts of areas in its expanse; strong ones, ones where large volumes of the glass remained unbroken, and areas where it had crumbled down into transparent stones, scattered and nearly gone entirely. The first were places he would concentrate on himself, the others areas where he would send some of the smaller trainees (if he got any) to do more light work than heaving the large chunks of glass into the cart alongside himself.

He’s not sure what he can do to actually teach them, but he did at least come to some sort of conclusion on a task for all of them to work on together. To be honest, he didn’t know who else was supposed to be working underneath him. He barely knew anyone outside of his small circle of people he’d bothered to associate with in this herd, something he should perhaps be ashamed of. He’s only a member of the Queen’s council and has been a member of the World’s Edge for over a year, after all – but no one ever said he was good at or keen on making many friends, either.

He’s found several good locations by now and is only half heartedly prospecting the rest of it. Every time he starts walking this damn thing he forgets just how very huge it is, how long it had taken them to clear the area and prep the land for Kahlua’s craft, and he’s thinking on those days in the light with the Dragonheart and her people, the times before darkness had brought an end to it all. He sighs, and hears a noise to the outside of the wall.

Curious, he thinks, settling on that the sound has come from an unseen animal or bird, perhaps a bit of glass debris settling out in the woods where chunks of the wall have been strewn. But then, there is a whinnying, and he abruptly turns his whole chocolate and ivory frame around to face what only his ears had examined before.

Picking up speed to a canter and bounding over the same segment of the wall that he had crossed with Semira a few weeks before, he finds a familiar face waiting where the shout had come from, but cannot recall a name. The only reason he even knows her as minutely as he does is from herd meetings, the woman of such unique coloration with those odd markings all along her that its hard to miss her wherever she is. Orange and ivory, but she’s at least an equine and not a hard to swallow hybridization of Gods-know-what with Gods-know-who.

”Welcome back,” his deep dark vocals rumble, friendly enough for the purposes of the conversation; he’d call her by name but he doesn’t know it and he has no idea who her friends were. Hell, he’d not even noticed she wasn’t around until now, what with her standing there smelling like a thousand different places and none of them are his home. ”You used to live here, yeah?” he’s smiling, so at least that should be a good enough sign for the woman that he’s not here to chase her out with sticks, ”I don't think we ever met one another, more than likely my fault...”

I'm not very good at talking, he silently admits.

Whatever good that will do.

Manipulation by the lovely Shady, Table by Time
Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Semper
Cheveyo
I know that you feel me somehow -
you're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be

It didn't seem to take long at all before one of my herd mates answered my feeble call into the cool Birdsong breeze. Of course, I hadn't been expecting it to take long, the members of the Edge seemed to be quite on top of things from what I could remember and a call from just inside the border was one that definitely wouldn't go unanswered for very long, if not just for protection but for the sake of not seeming rude to someone who could possibly end up being and addition to the family.
Although, I couldn't see my welcoming committee quite yet, I could smell the Edge scent growing stronger and stronger with each and every stride the creature was taking in order to grow closer to me. Orchid pools pulled away from the horizon in which they had been resting, to look at the jagged edges of the broken glass wall. There had been so much work put into the beauty, and now it lay here in ruins, maybe one day it would be rebuilt but at this point I had no idea what the Sunshower and the Stormbringer had in mind for the fate of the herd other than the fact that in my short period of time knowing them they seemed like very fair leaders who would never lead their herd in the wrong direction.
A light smile tugged gently at the corners of my rosy kissers at that thought comforted me, I had made the right decision in returning to the place that I had decided to call home after the attack of the wraiths. But before I could get too far into the warm and fuzzy thoughts of finally having a family the sound of a stallion's voice broke through my haze. ”Welcome back,” my chestnut harks swiveled about as he spoke. Even though there was a familiarity in his voice, I couldn't remember his name for the life of me and hopefully he wasn't someone whom it would have been wise to remember his calling. ”You used to live here, yeah? I don't think we ever met one another, more than likely my fault...” The final words that fell from his charcoal velvets caused a light chime of laughter to slide from my chords, the sound was so oddly feminine for anything I was used to coming from myself that for a second I wondered if there was another mare present that I just happened to miss.
But it was just me.
"I doubt it was your fault. But I don't believe we have met before either, I am Cheveyo." but call me Chev, the last few words threatened falling from the tip of my tongue into the slight breeze around us as I stood there in the company of the bay paint who seemed to be just as uncomfortable in introductory settings as I was. Regardless, we seemed to be surviving thus far. My long, slightly tangled blonde tail lashed against my painted sides with a satisfying crack before my rosy kissers parted once more. "Have I missed anything worth noting?" Of course, I could have brought a more interesting topic to the table, but this was a stranger I was speaking too, a stranger I was only comfortable with because he smelled of home.

"Talk talk talk."
Tag;; @[Dragomir]
Words;; 556
OOC;; Sorry this took so long dear <3 I wanted to make sure nooneelse was going to reply first.
Table by Rayo
Image Credits

please tag Cheveyo!!

Bunnie

He likes her, this woman, though he doesn’t even know who she is and they are only one sentence into their meeting. Not only had she laughed at him when he’d offhandedly blamed himself for their strangeness to one another but that she was pretty, and seemed easier to talk to than many of the women he’d met in Helovia because she was not only an equine but one who seemed just as awkward as he is. It took a lot of the pressure off of him, allowing him to smile bashfully but openly in light of her laughter, her subsequent words broadening the expression on his simple face.

The wind catches both of them in a simple gust, twisting his dark and tangled locks against his muscular neck and haunches as he admires (tactfully, of course) the colorful paint that marks her in various locations. He wonders what it could be for, as it is not an actual part of her coat and surely serves some purpose for that reason, but he cannot for the life of him decide what use a circle and lines and arrows and a weird circle with five lines of various lengths jutting from it had to do with a useful task.

And so he is left with only his wonder, and her words.

”Dragomir, one of… er, the Glazier,” he says, remembering mid-sentence that Aaron no longer lived here and frowning at the realization for the thousandth time. The thought of having to assume the position of leadership that Aaron had quietly taken the role of made his skin crawl.

It was definitely his fault that they didn’t know each other, he thinks, he can’t even formulate ideas properly much less meet girls or anyone for that matter.

The question she poses to him next is even more distressing, for try as he might he can’t remember when she left or the last time he’d seen her; he’s been so distracted with his projects and thoughts that he has paid little attention to who has come and gone during all that time. ”I don’t think I remember when you left,” he admits begrudgingly, a scant smile of apology fleeting on his dark lips and pale blue eyes twinkling in the gesture, ”but Kahlua and Kaj lead, some new arrival is our Seer. Aaron is no longer with us, but one of the Dragonheart’s daughters has come home. All seems well.”

@[Cheveyo]

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Any violence/magic is allowed to be used upon Dragomir at anytime, permitting it doesn't kill or seriously maim him without my permission <3

Semper

CHEVEYO
I'll follow you down while we're passing through space
I don't care if we fall from grace

I wasn't sure why I had never met this handsome bay who stood before me, he seemed interesting and genuine unlike many of the other stallions that roamed the lands of Helovia. Involuntarily my mind flickered to Note, the bright green eyed stallion who had stolen every bit of sense I had left in my head while we hid in the underground caves from the wraiths that were set on tearing us all apart one by one...bit by bit. I wondered if he had waited for me, as I so hoped he would, but something deep, deep down inside of my fifteen point two frame was telling me not to hold my breath.
So lost in my thoughts was I, that I didn't even notice the way the bay paint's eyes lingered on the markings that tended to bring up many more questions than I wished to answer. But his deep baritones quickly cleared the hazy clouds that had began to fill my brain's cavity, ”Dragomir, one of… er, the Glazier,” the slight hesitation in his sentence caused my white splashed facade tilted ever so slightly to the side as if trying to pick up on what it was that had caused him to hesitate. Maybe he had just recently gained the rank and it was still abnormal to him. The corners of my rosy kissers turned up in a smile as I hoped Dragomir wouldn't grow too embarrassed by his stumble. "Oh! You must be quite honored, that is a grand position to hold." My skull lowered ever so slightly in respect to the ranked stallion who stood before me.
Silently I wondered if the stallion would still be interested in getting to know me better after our first meeting. It seemed that my awkwardness in social situations tended to run off more than it attracted. My chestnut harks swiveled as I thought about his job of building things that the herd would need, it was all so very honorable and such a difficult job. Something I wouldn't be able to do, some would call it all brawn and no brains. But that was proven enough by looking at my well muscled frame. And the multitudes of scars that were scattered across my many hued coat. ”I don’t think I remember when you left, but Kahlua and Kaj lead, some new arrival is our Seer. Aaron is no longer with us, but one of the Dragonheart’s daughters has come home. All seems well.” He seemed very apologetic with the admittance that when I left was unknown to him, which was understandable considering I hadn't been around long after the wraiths were all handled before disappearing to deal with the business that was now solved. Shaking my skull ever so slightly I flashed another small smile in his direction. "Do not feel bad for not noticing my departure, I'm not the most social of creatures." The departure of Aaron was a sad one, I had only met the stallion once but he and his hellhound companion had been pleasant company that I would not have minded residing beside.
But the disappearance of friends was the last thing on my mind as the green eyes of the flaming bay were brought once more to the front of my mind and the questions I had could no longer be held back. Clicking my tongue against the roof of my mouth as my orchid pools focused once more back on the handsome features of the stallion before me. "Would you mind me asking a question?" I almost wished that the stallion would tell her to not waste his time with questions unless they were about the herd's events. But something told me that he would be more than willing to answer questions, unfortunately.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; @[Dragomir]
Words;; 633
OOC;; They are so cute xD

Original Image

please tag Cheveyo!!

Bunnie

As is standard with the young man, he takes note of the difference in their height quite suddenly and late into the meeting, her cheerful compliment giving rise to the fact that he had to glance down at her to see the sweet curvature of her smile. Her small bow, however, quickly strikes the idea from his mind and leaves his head reeling with awkward pleasure at the notion that he is worthy of such respect from others; it had never crossed his mind that a glass maker would be someone who earned cordial nods of salutation whenever they made mention of their job, and while it was true that the Moon was the source of his magic and that it was, therefore, a holy and sacred thing, he did not see any true honor in the title.

What he found the most pride in was working with the glass itself, the finished products that he could give away or trade for useful things for his friends and family. It was the work and what it brought to his newfound kin in this forest that was worth mention, and perhaps that was why she nodded. Ever since he’d looked too deeply past the surface with the last pretty mare he’d met, he hesitates to believe that she thinks anything at all like she does.

She’s only pretty, and smiling at him while he flounders about his words, kind and perfect as Kahlua had been when he’d first met her. He smiles his own smile in return to her, but it is not entirely for the joy of the conversation; it is because he thinks, to himself, that the Moon is a woman because it is the only form that automatically is born into the world with a magic of its own, a binding mysticism that makes foolish boys fall too hard and too deep into the glistening seas suspended in their eyes.

He can’t swim, at least not there; a recent discovery, one that leaves him guarded against her kindness and with eyes that see more clearly just how far that horizon can stretch.

”More amusing than grand, I’d say,” he replies after a short pause, which is true; he truly loves what he does, the only detriment to the job his newfound pressures to teach and be a leader of sorts, ”though I am blessed that I was deemed worthy enough to spend my days doing what I enjoy.” He could handle this sort of thing, the greeting and welcoming of others, he supposes, but as far as telling others what to do? He was not old enough to be of any wisdom or use in such things, and surely the older members of the herd would mock him behind his turned back or disregard him in his youth, no matter how skilled he seemed to be.

He forgets how gentle the hearts of his herd can be.

Her next words draw a smile to his lips and perk his ears up atop his head, the stallion not having noticed that they’d drawn downwards during his solemn thoughts of his terrible responsibilities. ”We have that in common, then,” he grins, the deep bass of his voice less reserved with this one than it has been with others who have come to the border and been unfortunate enough to be greeted by the antisocial paint. Gesturing into the Moon’s woodland with a dark muzzle, his voice rumbles forth again, lips curved into a pleasant smile that reveals he has decided no one will mind if he just brings her back in as if she never left. ”Come on in, while we talk,” slip his words as he turns in towards the Edge, assuming she’ll follow because he figures she has little reason not to, "it seems I'm only ever out among the others for work."

But words pull his eyes back over his shoulder to her and his pace to a halt, curiosity lighting the pools of his clear blue gaze as he wonders what sort of question it will be that it must be preceded by one asking for it’s permission. ”Sure,” he replies, not really knowing if he can answer her or not but willing to give her inquiry a shot.

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Semper

It was nearly written across his features that he was surprised at my show of respect towards his occupation, did most not think that glass bending and carpentry was a skill worth praise? Although I was one who thought most of the jobs that I didn't hold were skillful and deserved some kind of praise every now and then, all I did was bite and kick at the offenders, which was something that should come naturally to almost every horse.
Of course I thought being a Protector was a worthy occupation, considering it was the only one I was capable of doing. Considering the only medical I knew was enough to get by in the field if the Doctors were busy and the Nurses skittering around with supplies. I wasn't an idiot, and surely I could learn another job if the day ever came, but for now I was content with feeling my worn ivories cracking against the bone of an intruder and the way their blood slicked across my taste buds, leaving me with that horrible taste for days. I never quite understood those who enjoyed the taste of blood. It made me want to retch right then and there.
”More amusing than grand, I’d say, though I am blessed that I was deemed worthy enough to spend my days doing what I enjoy.” A light chiming giggle, that was much girlier than what normally would come from my being, came in response to the stallion's words as well as the bobbing of my white splashed skull. How very true his words were, even though I disliked the taste of blood or the sound of bone splintering, I loved being a fighter and wouldn't trade it for the world. "I was always told, if you are doing something you love it's hardly considered working." Of course at this point in my life I wasn't quite sure who exactly had told me that. But it didn't matter, it was a good saying regardless. As my orchid pools focused once more on the stallion's features I noticed his darkened velvets curling into a grin that was quite charming. For such a quite stallion he had a nice smile that I was sure would knock the pants off of most females if it were shown more. ”We have that in common, then,” I wasn't sure if being antisocial was a good thing to have in common, but so be it. A smile tugged at the corners of my kissers once more at the thought, how an antisocial mare ended up being greeted by a stallion who hated company just as much as she. It was a cruel joke that looked like it was going in our favor.
My long blonde tail lashed at my sides when the stallion turned his skull in the direction of the trees that sprung up from the ground not too far in the background, before he turned back to me and his kissers began to part once more. ”Come on in, while we talk,” as he spoke his painted frame moved in the direction of the trees in which he had just gestured at as if he already knew that I would follow him. Not that he had given me a reason to not follow him. "it seems I'm only ever out among the others for work." My harks swiveled as my mind once again drifted to my own job and I again realized how very different our tasks were, but they seemed to have some qualities that were similar. Mainly the fact that the time we are around others the most is when we are working.
As my question, of asking if I could ask a question, fell from my rosy kissers into the air around us, Dragomir turned to allow his pale blue eyes to settle upon my own as his forward movement came to a halt. "Sure," I wondered if he was going to be able to give me the answer or if it was some kind of secret council knowledge that a simple protector like myself wasn't allowed to know. But regardless, it was worth a shot. Before I would speak I allowed my white splashed limbs to pull me closer to the stallion that was leading me further into the herd land, only pulling up to a halt when our shoulders matched. Or at least they would have matched if I wasn't so much shorter than the large stallion. "Are you planning on rebuilding the wall?" My lyrics came out soft, nearly a whisper, as if I wasn't sure the question was one that was allowed to be asked. But it irked me to see the shatter glass across the ground, sending beams of light into the air whenever the sun hit it just perfectly.

"Words words words."

Tag;; @[Dragomir]
Words;; 804
OOC;; w00t long post. And she was going to ask him about Note, but she is in a thread with Brisa now so xD she is going to find out there.

please tag Cheveyo!!

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba

Broken glass. Shattered hearts. Torn minds. It seemed as though most was falling apart. It sickened her, realizing that her family seemed to be... leaving, gone, hurting. She couldn't do anything about it. After all, she could heal wounds, but who could heal hearts? Gold eyes linger at the shards strewn around near the wall. Remnants of a past of pain, of struggle, of everything that had ever gone wrong.

Memories of invasions, of the darkness that had taken over. It was tugging at the deepest recesses of her mind and not allowing her a chance to breathe. So, as she attempted to choke down the emotions she pressed her maw against the heart locket upon her breast and then glanced up to the sky to find Valiance. The red dragon was circling above Res as she moved in closer and closer towards a pair of horses. However, being so lost in thoughts she didn't even hear the sound of their movements or shuffling feet.

She should have paid more attention as she stumbled in towards the conversation. But, with tears rimming her eyes and breathing just barely able to stay level she didn't care. In fact, it was Valiance who yanked roughly on her forelock to get her attention back onto the fact that there were actually other beings in the Edge.

She sniffles, crawling back a few steps and lifting her head up quickly in shock. Others are at the border. Dragomir, and someone else. Someone who might be familiar - but she just cannot quite place the painted chestnut who is beside his hulking form. Sweet, yet broken, eyes peer up towards the two of them as her tiny voice squeaks out. "S-sorry to interrupt..." An apology, one that probably wasn't necessary given the two creatures here, but one for sure. "I-I was off in my own world... I d-didn't realize." A break in her voice as she swiftly lowers her head in a sign of respect and takes yet one more step back. "I can leave if you'd w-wish..."

The quiet terrified mare. So intelligent, but so broken. So shattered that most would never see the brilliance behind her eyes. But she tried. Oh how she tried.

Image by Mockingale
Table by Moonstone Designs
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Bunnie

She laughs at what he says, triggering some instinctual machinery within his young male self that makes him perk up ever so slightly and honing the smoothness of his smile that reflects back onto her; its not that he’s any good at flirting when he wants to, but there are subtle things that women can do that get his hormones moving about in his usually tepid head and, finding what he says good enough to giggle at is one of them. He does not notice the change as much more than a peaked fondness towards the painted mare, a more firm sense of camaraderie between himself and the pretty warrior that he quickly disregards as no more than a coincidence of having both been shadows together in the bright and vibrant land of the Edge.

He nods to her observation, finding it to be very true. He never felt as if he was working, even while he wandered and toiled about the surface of Helovia, finding instruments of his craft and creating from them whatever it was he was asked or desired at the time. It was more fun than anything else, a purely intoxicating moment in time in which he controlled every aspect of something, a part of himself he neglected all to often with his quiet and humble nature, his desire to follow what seemed to be a greater being than himself.

The words slowly trickle into nothingness as they skirt in towards the broken wall, lingering in a rather broken span of it all as her question meets his ears and leaves him wondering why there had been all this ado for such a simple query. He supposes in some lands it may be common practice to keep things quiet about the proceedings within, but this mare was a part of their family if she desired to be here, and so, as he had seen those before him do, he is open with the painted mare who had been welcomed into the mists.

”Quite the opposite, actually,” he remarks, looking down at the gleaming fragments scattered across the earth and against the too proud to fall remnants of the Dragon Queen’s wall, ”I was actually walking its length to see where it would be best to begin taking it down.”

He wants to keep walking into the forest, nervous about lingering to close to the borders for too long ever since he discovered Ricochet slinking about in the shadow of the Moon’s throne. It wasn’t that he disliked the stallion, truly, just that the skeletons in his closet were quite purposefully placed there – and the appearance of one said bone collection outside his doorstep had been disturbing. He could risk being recognized for what he was outside the borders of his herd, but so near to it?

It would surely be the end of his time among the World’s Edge.

Hearing another arriving on slow steps, he turns his head to find the pale and seemingly glowing figure of one of the resident healers, a mare he had come to consider a friend for all that they had done together, an easily accepted one for the purity of her features and the lack of mutated instruments along the feminine lines of her tiny frame. It takes him a few moments to realize that she is crying, ears slipping back in concern for the sweet herbalist and a gentle nicker rising to his lips just as her own delicate voice follows a tender sniffle.

”It is only a moment of welcome, Resplendence,” he says, his voice so deep and bass in comparison to the meek, tear tinted words of the Moon Doctor, ”Cheveyo has come home to the Edge.” The explanation is spoken with furrowed brows of worry and his ears still hold themselves in a rendered position, not sure why it is Resplendence is crying but finding most immediately that he dislikes it with an intensity he cannot really describe.

It makes him think of Ranjiri, crying in the meadow, her young heart soured by the wickedness that had scoured the land, and it pains him to see so many unworthy of hurt as he is weeping.

He does not weep, when he should.

Why should they, for no fault of their own?

”Are you okay?” he asks, taking a step nearer to her but not really sure of the motion because she’s already withdrawn a pace or so away from them without words ever having been spoken. He’s not very good at any sort of consoling or concern, at least not as he can see, and the pounding of his heart against his ribs affirms that he is liable to make it worse just by bumbling around like an awkward fool. Glancing over to the other admitted social failure, his eyes almost plead his desire to be able to instantly vanish into thin air whenever things seemed to hard or too distressing to face before he looks back to the Doctor, that same moment of social horror replaced with one of tranquility, consolation, only the slightest discomfort with the moment bleeding into the glimmering heart of his eyes.

He had helped Ranjiri, though, hadn’t he? He could at least try for his Edge sister.

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Semper

I watched as the smile that was across his features smoothed and widened as the oddly girlish giggle escaped from my being. It was almost strange to hear myself laugh and I wondered if it sounded as unnatural to the stallion's ears as it did to my own, but then I had always been told that our voices sounded different to ourselves than they truly did. Eardrums were odd things. Regardless, I was growing fond of the painted stallion, he would make a good friend, something I didn't have many of especially not in these herds.
My mind drifted off to the grullo paint, Alleo, who I suspected remained in what was now the Falls once the wraiths had been defeated and we were all set free from the horrid rabbit tunnels. He had been a true friend, a friend that I was sure would still accept me with a smile and kind words just as he had when we fought for the same leader. But Alleo would go no where without his lover, he was a good stallion, one that if I ever were to have a son I hoped would turn out like him.
I was brought back to the world about me though as the stallion spoke up, giving me permission to ask the question that had been gnawing at the back of my mind ever since that herd meeting where I had decided that the Edge would be my forever home. He seemed almost confused as to why I had made such a big fuss over what seemed like such a simple question, but I wasn't sure if I had been overstepping any boundaries with a question like that. I mean, I was only a simple protector and he was on the council!! ”Quite the opposite, actually, I was actually walking its length to see where it would be best to begin taking it down.” As he spoke, my orchid pools wandered away from his bay features and instead gazed at the light reflecting off of the shards of glass that lay scattered through the grass. But I didn't linger long, there was no need crying over something that was broken to the point of no repair, looking back up my yellow painted hooves moved forward and closer to the forest before I looked over my shoulder at the bay and white stallion. "Why isn't it being rebuilt?"
The sound of another approaching ceased my forward motion, and instead caused my skull to swiveled, orchids settling upon the pale rosy frame of the mare who's Edge scent was mingled with that of many different herbs that I couldn't quite put my hoof on. She seemed quite distraught, even more so when she suddenly stopped moving and garbbled words fell from her kissers. "S-sorry to interrupt...I-I was off in my own world... I d-didn't realize. I can leave if you'd w-wish..." A soft smile spread across my rosy kissers as I lowered my own skull as she did her's, but my harks flicked back as I realized the pretty mare was crying. ”It is only a moment of welcome, Resplendence, Cheveyo has come home to the Edge.” My orchids flashed momentarily away from the crying mare and instead rested on the stallion, mentally thanking him for clearing away the awkward introduction that was sure to come if he hadn't mentioned my name. A sniffle from the mare drew me back as a worried expression crossed my features and yellow painted hooves strode forward, leaving just enough space between us that she wouldn't feel threatened...but close enough that I could give some comfort if that was what she desired. "Are you alright Resplendence?" I had not met this mare in my short time in the Edge before, but her name had stuck out in the stallion's sudo-introduction, my boa stretched out as I reached out for her shoulder. Hopefully a touch that would be accepted as comforting and not uncomfortable from a near stranger.

"Words words words."
Tag;; @[Dragomir] & @[Resplendence]
Words;; 667
OOC;; Sorry it took me so long D':

please tag Cheveyo!!

It seems that the tears have struck a chord with Dragomir. For her dear friend seems to have his audits slipping back in what she hoped was concern and not anger at her sudden appearance. And, when a gentle nicker escapes his mouth she catches her breath, trying to force herself to calm down and ease her way back into the situation at hand.

He says that they are simply welcoming back Cheveyo to the Edge, and while she cannot particularly place the painted mare she doesn't doubt that at one time she may have held residence inside these lands. Then, he asks if she is okay, stepping in closer to her after she had started to back away - thinking at first that he simply just didn't want her there. But, with the question she allows her bodice to pull forward a couple of steps - back to where she had been originally when she had first stumbled into the conversation.

The same question is mirrored from Cheveyo's maw as she also steps in closer. And, when someone finally dares to reach out it is the mare trying to brush against Res's shoulder. Maw ghosting across her flesh in a comforting manner which Res leans into for a moment before reminding herself she should have been stronger - she should have realized they had been nightmares.

With trembling hide she shuffles in closer to the larger stag, the one who had the ability to hide her from the world should he actually be willing to with their size differences. Broken orbs glance between the two of them as she stands close enough to be able to brush pelts should she lean in just a little more, while still not touching him - not wanting to make him uncomfortable if he didn't wish to actually feel her shuddering flesh. "I-I. I'm okay physically. I-Just nightmares…" she muttered, her gaze lowered to the ground in embarrassment. She should not be affected by these nightmares, and yet here she was a complete and utter wreck.

"I'm sorry. This is so i-inhospitable of me…" she choked out, trying hard to breathe in as Valiance landed upon her withers in a somewhat calming manner. One. Two. Three. Could the world be free?
Resplendence
i don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Bunnie

She asks why they aren’t rebuilding the wall – something Dragomir is not sure of. Rolling his large shoulders in a shrug, he frowns ever so slightly in the motion and turns his eyes to the dilapidated structure ringing their home, a single ear falling back in his lack of knowing. ”I do not know.” He could of course throw in his own assumptions, but that was only his opinion on the matter – as he could see it, it would be about as much work as it had taken to initially build the thing as it would be to repair it, and perhaps his Queen had seen little use in wasting time. But he does not claim to know Kahlua’s heart or thoughts, and so he only replies with what he knows for sure.

Nothing.

Thankfully, his lack of a proper answer is distracted by the trembling leaf that is Resplendence, and he watches Cheveyo move to comfort her with concern writ across his features. The pale mare is soft in her heart, he decides, having caught her many times crying or distraught over things, and while many might consider it a flaw, he finds that it is perhaps why she is such a proficient healer. Her deep sense of compassion for those around her deepens her will to heal and provide aid, and so rather than rebuke her emotional display he allows her to lean on his more solid emotional foundations.

Not much more resolute, to be sure – he’s had his fair share of freak outs and emotional idiocy, but it was easier to deal with someone else than himself to be sure.

The mare reaches out to him, an odd sensation for one so reserved within himself, and for a split second he fights his desire to back away, pushing it aside with the resolve to step forward and into the embrace. The way she trembles reminds him of a time when he had been young and afraid during the dark hours of the night as a storm ravaged the island, and his mother had soothed him simply by gathering him to her side until his shivering eased into the peace of sleep. He could do that, for Resplendence – surely he could.

He takes in her words in calm silence as he leans nearer her, hoping to wrap his muscled neck over her own to ease the shuddering that claims her. That it is only a nightmare makes the stallion want to cluck at her for being childish, but her shame and the hiccups that ravage her normally sweet and pristine voice leave him stoic against a woman’s foolishness.

”Its alright,” he says, observing the dragon’s descent to her spine from the corner of his eyes, the immediate concern that something horrible had befallen her easing with the knowledge that it was only a dream – but what a terrible dream it must have been to leave her so shaken, ”you are safe.” Lifting his face to send it sweeping downward to brush at her cheeks and the tears staining them should she let him, he hopes to ease her worries that she has ruined everything with her tears. ”Do you want to talk about it?” he asks, his deep voice warm with concern as he glances back to Cheveyo to assure her she is still in his thoughts, as well – but that he must tend to his friend, as well.

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Semper
Cheveyo

The bay paint's reply to my questioning over why the walls were going to be left in shambles and used to create other things rather than being restored to their former glory was lost in the chaos that quickly unraveled. The smaller red hued dun wandered closer to us, tears streaming down her delicate features before splashing to the grassy ground beneath her, it looked like a shock of electricity flashed through her frame when she noticed Dragomir and myself. Apologetic words fell upon deaf ears as I watched the easy, relaxed expression that had been settled upon the handsome paint's features fall away into one of worry when he noticed the tears upon the mare's face.
He seemed quite worried about whatever it was that had upset the pretty mare who stood before us, I too wondered what was causing her grief but I didn't know anything about the creature other than her name. Which I had only just learned. Even though I didn't really know the primitively marked mare I couldn't help but reach out and brush my velvets against her shoulder gently while asking if she was alright, if I was going to be a member of this herd I should start caring about the others and the state that they are in. The mare leans into my touch momentarily, and for a second I feel like I am actually helping, doing something to assist a member of the herd that I was living in and would be living in for as long as I possibly could. "I-I. I'm okay physically. I-Just nightmares…" I nodded gently as I pulled away, nightmares were something that I was all too familiar with since Kwahu was killed in battle.
Sleep was something that I avoided at all costs, cat naps were the only source of rest I would allow myself. And even then the night terrors tended to creep in every once and a while ruining any rest I had happened to get in that short time. Chestnut harks swiveled gently on top of my white washed skull as I bit back words, I wanted to let the mare know that I knew what she was going through, but that would mean allowing the two that I had only just met to know the struggles my own life brought me. That would give them the right to peek in on the many skeletons that hung in my closet, some of which were literal skeletons.
As the smaller mare continued speaking she moved closer to Dragomir, so close they could have been touching if either of them even shifted their weight off to one side. The conversation between the two of them grew a bit more on the personal side as the stallion told her that everything was going to be okay before asking if she needed to talk about it. My harks swiveled backwards ever so slightly in a non-aggressive way as I tried my hardest to not listen in to the conversation that I was no longer a part of. But the stallion's pale eyes caught my attention, as if he was apologizing for the whole situation that was at hand. A gentle smile crept across my features as I nodded my white washed skull ever so slightly, there were no hard feelings between myself and either of them. If a friend needed help, then so be it.

"Talk talk talk."
Tag;; @[Dragomir] & @[Resplendence]
Words;; 569
OOC;; Please tag me in posts!!!
Table by Rayo
Image Credits

please tag Cheveyo!!

a silhouette and nothing more is all that's left behind

The way he wraps his neck around her withers, pulls her in tighter - it is just what she needs. She doubts that he understands. But, at least it is some form of comfort. She can feel the beating of his heart, the way it lulls her mind into the counting, the rhythmical way it eases her mind back down to a level of sanity. One-two. Three-four. Deep breath in as he murmurs that it is alright and that she is safe. Five-six. Seven-eight. He asked if she wished to speak about it and all Resplendence could do for the moment was shake her head. Nine-ten. Eleven-twelve. The way his maw presses against her cheek manages to stabilize her just enough to get out, "I thought someone had massacred the Edge," though her nightmare hadn't been nearly as bad as it could have been and she didn't go into anymore detail.

She shuffles herself, still hiding in Dragomir's frame from the rest of world, but allowing her head to tilt towards Cheveyo. Meek voice falling from her lips, "A distraction w-would be best. P-please, what brings you back?" They were still missing so many, and it pulled at her heart. She wanted her family back, but she had no clue where they were and it hurt. Thirteen-fourteen. Fifteen-sixteen.

Perhaps, today, she would gain a new friend. Well, once she could collect herself again. Seventeen-eighteen. Nineteen-twenty. At least now her trembling was beginning to cease thanks to the hulking frame of Dragomir and his beating heart - something consistent she could cling to. Twenty-one. Twenty-two. Today was a new day, she had to remember that…

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Bunnie

She settles into him in an almost rhythmic way, the steadying of her pulse through her skin a sensation that alerts him to the fact that she is easing into the feeling of safety alongside the physical slowing of her tears. Cheveyo, watched from the corner of his eyes, seems uncomfortable with the situation, but he supposes he would be too; its not like he’s particularly close to any of them in this herd, but he has spent much time with Resplendence and the herbalists and thus feels a deep admiration for her. Its upsetting to see her upset, no matter how trivial the cause, and as she explains what the dream had been about, he cannot blame her for being afraid anymore than he can blame the sky for rain.

He presses her tighter to him for a moment in response, not sure what to say to make the terror go away aside from pointing out that it was unlikely – which was uncouth. And so he remains silent and comforting, doing his best to be the person his dam had been when he’d come shivering to her side with a mind full of dark rimmed nonsense.

He nods in agreement as words on distractions come to surface, turning his blue eyes back to Cheveyo with a peaked interest writ in their depths. He himself hadn’t asked her that, which maybe wasn’t the smartest way to go about welcoming others into the Edge – but he had known her to belong and thus hadn’t thought to heavily on why she had left or come home. In some instances, the reasons were too painful to talk about, and in others, so mundane as to barely warrant a thought.

He himself has only left one home, and he had done so because he was a male and, as with all young males, his heart had yearned for adventure and life outside the comfortable safety of his family. After arriving to Helovia, he had quickly found himself submerged in a life full of strange faces and stranger events, and while it was often stressful and he was often homesick and wanting of the comfortable routines of the dragon island, he was happy here and would be loathe to forfeit the adventure and fun he had found among his new friends.

@[Cheveyo]

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Semper

As the couple embraced and whispered back and forth between each other in calming and comforting tones I pulled my attention away from them, not wanting to intrude on a private matter. Instead I focused on the mist that seemed to roll through the lands thickly, as much as I loved the Edge and the members of it, sometimes I missed the thick grass and rolling hills of the Foothills. But that was a thing of the past as the Foothills didn't even exist anymore. That was such a strange thought, the place that had been my home for so long was now no longer even able to be lived in, let alone reachable. A soft, almost inaudible sigh escaped from my rosy kissers as my chestnut harks swiveled about before settling into the tangled blonde tresses that framed my white washed features.
It was then that a soft, shaky voice reached my harks and pulled my attention away from the rolling mist and back to my company. "A distraction w-would be best. P-please, what brings you back?" Orchid pools shifted ever so slightly to catch the warm gaze of the smaller one eared mare who seemed to be struggling to pull herself back together judging by the shaky quality of her lyrics. I swallowed hard, knowing that my response would bring along more questions than I really wanted to answer. But they were questions that I would get eventually anyway and I may as well get through the first explanation early...tear off the band aid right away without anything to protect myself from the searing pain I would surely feel. Suddenly I felt the stallion's sky blue gaze resting upon my frame as well, the curiosity washing off of both of their frames in waves headed in my general direction. There was no way to get out of answering the question now.
"I left to get closure, once I gained it I returned." My lyrics fell from my kissers in a softer voice than normal as I wasn't ready for the onslaught that was surely coming. There would be questions of what it was that I had to get closure of, how it I managed to get it...which that question I wasn't even sure the answer too. The last season had been spent training in the art of fighting until it felt like my muscles would seep from my pores from over usage. I sucked in a deep breath and flashed a quick smile in Dragomir and Resplendence's direction.

"Speech."
Tag;; @[Resplendence]
Words;; 421
Notes;; Sorry I took so long guys, muse has been short.

x - x - x

please tag Cheveyo!!

He pulls her in closer, pressing her up tightly against him in a sign of comfort. She can't thank him enough for being the steadying wall that was necessary to pull her mind from these depths which had shaken her so horribly. She continues to try and match her breathing to his, to stem the tears that had flowed so freely earlier. Then, she concentrates upon the painted mare before her. She did not offer much of an answer, though, and Resplendence merely shifted her cranium to the side before blinking once. "Closure from what? Were you around in the darkness? I'm sorry, I just... don't remember your face inside these lands," she explains, shuffling her weight a little bit before pressing in a little closer to Dragomir.

He had said he was welcoming her back right? He wouldn't be wrong about that? Oh, she didn't know, but everything was possibly being blown out of proportion for her right now and she just... didn't know. Her body wasn't trembling as much now, that much was a plus. And so she shifted her weight so that she wasn't as close to Dragomir - hoping to ease the discomfort which seemed to radiate from the painted mare. She had never intended to make the situation awkward, she just hadn't realized how shaken up she had appeared to be. Oh, she just seems to be really good at screwing things over while trying to make them better. Hadn't life always worked that way for her?
Resplendence
i don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Bunnie

The discomfort that takes hold of Cheveyo is not unnoticed by the young stallion, though he doesn’t comment on it and tries to remain as placid as can be while listening to her explanation. All the while, the soft sounds of Resplendence coming out of her fear fold in with his thoughts, an occasional scuffle of hooves letting him know she was still clinging to him for support even though he held the other mare in his eyes. That he was a source of comfort for someone was something that filled him with great happiness; it was a purpose aside from living, things that Dragomir spent a lot of time searching for, and while he has always willingly been there to help those he considers his friends, it feels good and right to know that he can provide emotional balms for them as well.

A slight guilt over hiding in his own hurts sweeps through him, perhaps perceived by the others as a grimace for Cheveyo’s obviously sad story. That she didn’t elaborate was enough motive for Dragomir to back off the details – she wasn’t ready to talk about it, maybe she never would be. He couldn’t blame anyone for secrecy when he himself had only leaned on Semira while he sobbed in the desert because she had found him there. Otherwise, he would have dealt with his hurts alone – as he always did.

Resplendence asks the question he would have avoided, earning her a hesitant and swift glance before returning to the painted warrior, catching the secondary question nestled in the Moon Doctor’s words and deciding to answer that one. ”She was around, like me,” his smile is warm and says he doesn’t condemn her for it, rather understands; not everyone was made for social interactions, himself included, ”minding to her own business and observing.”

He wants to hug the fretful little healer to him, she’s radiating so much discomfort and fear, to soothe her worries that the world is coming to burn them down, but he knows only time and proof that the Edge was fine were the balms for these things. Either way, she was Quilyan’s – and it was his job to hold her when she was sad.

Dragomir didn’t really like the idea of fighting with anyone, much less a herd mate and a fellow councilman.

@[Cheveyo]

Wishlist | Table Tracker  

Semper
Cheveyo

"Closure from what? Were you around in the darkness? I'm sorry, I just... don't remember your face inside these lands," the little one earred mare didn't miss a beat as she tucked in close to the blue eyed paint once more. Of course I should have assumed that question to be coming at some point, but I hadn't been expecting it to feel as if I were the one that should have been crying and allowing someone to hold me close. Dull and cracked ivories dug into the tender flesh of my inner cheek as I bit back the emotions that were threatening to crawl out of their dusty filing cabinet. I had learned so well how to live life without Kwahu, and now it seemed like everything brought his memory forth.
I could feel both pairs of eyes boring through my unnatural decorated frame before the stallion's deep lyrics broke through my uncomfortable silence. ”She was around, like me, minding to her own business and observing.” The handsome paint shoots me a smile as if letting me know that he understood, ivory lashes flicked down over orchid pools as the corners of my rosy kissers tugged up ever so slightly in a silent thanks before my attention was returned to the pinkish mare who stood tucked in close to my new found friend.
"Closure from...the loss of someone important." I felt my normally solid voice crack under the weight of the weak description of what it was that was eating me slowly from the inside out. I believed that the one earred mare would continue to ask questions, pry further into the darkest recesses of my soul while she stood there sniveling over a nightmare. The muscles of my throat quivered as I attempted to swallow the lump that had formed in my windpipe, wishing that I had someone to curl in close to and allow all of my worries to be swept away by the breeze. But I didn't, and I likely never would, my troubles were mine to bear and not something I would ever like to pass off onto someone else to carry.
"But yes, Dragomir was right. But before the wraiths took over, I was a member of what was once the Foothills." I spoke, my voice once again steady, as I hoped the admittance I had not always been a member of the Edge would distract the curious mare from the earlier conversation.

"Talk talk talk."
Tag;; @[Resplendence]
Words;; 412
OOC;; e.e so short.
Table by Rayo
Image Credits

please tag Cheveyo!!