the Rift

[PRIVATE] Scars Heal, Glory Fades [Kaj]

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper
CHEVEYO.
When the straight and narrow gets a little to straight,
Roll up a joint, or don’t. Just follow your arrow, wherever it points.

Things were slowly returning to the normal routine I had grown used too when I was a warrior for the Windtossed Foothills, only this time it was under the rule of a different King and Queen and the boarders were different because I was no longer in the Foothills. Quite the opposite actually, as I was now a Protector for those who resided in the herd called the World's Edge.
And what a beautiful edge of the world it was, lead by two just and wonderful leaders that had welcomed me back into the ranks as if I had never even left them. But, what had been done was done and today I was back to patrolling. Excitement jittered through my veins at a constant rate as yellow painted hooves tore at the blades of grass that grew quite abundantly over this portion of the Earth. What exactly was causing the excitement was the true question, was it the fact that I was happy to be back to work instead of the constant training I had been going through the last season? Or the fact that there was a whisper in my ear of something interesting that would happen today.
I wasn't quite sure what I was expecting to happen as I wandered along the border of the lands, alert in every way except mentally as my mind continued to wander off in random directions in hope of finding the handsome flaming winged bay stallion and his wonderful but blind companion. Even though I had been back to wandering the lands of the Edge for about a week now I still had yet to see the stallion that had oddly won me over so quickly. But that was no matter, eventually he would simply be a fleeting memory that made me smile a little on a gloomy day, for all I knew he had left in search of his own closure.
A sad sigh tore from between my rosy kissers as I thought of the few brief moments that we had shared together in the darkest of times. Yellow painted hooves ceased their forward motion as sadly lit orchid eyes were closed momentarily by ivory lids. It was strange that I had yet to see the stallion that I had thought had feelings for me as well, but I had never been a good one at reading others. Snorting softly once I shook my painted skull and the thoughts flew out into the breeze that flowed easily around me. Things would get better and questions would be answered all in due time, but for now, it was time to end this hunger that was starting to pang at my barrel. Maybe someone would be wandering around out here, their own skulls filled to the brim with annoying thoughts that they just wanted to go away as well. Or maybe I would be left alone until my next shift started and then things would go back to normal because I would be too busy to think.

"Speech"
Tagged;; @[Kaj]
Notes;; Sorry it's shitty
Words;; 505

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Exhaustion seeps on his frame like lichen growing on a darkened stone. No longer does he feel the burden of the mind, troubles eased by the wise and calming words of Evangeline. It had been nerve-wracking to leave the Edge, a sense of guilt nearly consuming him. He hadn't left the borders since his return as King from the Sanctuary. Unlike Kahlua he did not find much peace in adventuring anymore; even when his heart longed and yearned for it, his duties to his people kept him firmly inside the borders. He could not ignore their needs, and while he was loathe to call it as such in Kahlua's case, he did not know what else to think. Evangeline had little appreciation for his ruling partner, though he was thankful that she was kind and wise as ever in her judgment of the lass. So upon his reentry into the borders, a sense of relief and peace washed over him like the waves he could hear crashing against the sheer cliffs in the distance.

In quietude he passed through the first levels of the forest, idly dipping deep brown hooves into the streams happily bubbling from the earth. Sighing softly he struck out a foreleg, the splash resonating in his aurels as the droplets caught the sunlight and flared like falling stars, dying out similarly. Evangeline had helped soothe his fears in many ways, but so much more was left unanswered, the golden royal doubted he would ever be able to escape the constant fear of wrong decisions and pressing timelines. Much like Evangeline had expressed, it was a rough job, but one he would never wish to give up. It was a position he was suited for, one he enjoyed despite the grievances it liked to bring him. His people were his world, and that already meant he would cast his protection over them no matter what title he held.

Following the trail of water idly he traipses through the liquid, kicking languidly and entertaining himself until the next open hand was thrust towards him. Surely enough, among the pine scent a fresh one emanates, though this one is familiar to him. Was she going to be in need of something, too? As much as he enjoyed aiding his people, the only thing he wanted to do was fill his belly and fall into slumber. Though as his crown was raised to look towards the already distinguished Protector, he realized someone else had a similar goal in mind that day.

Nickering softly he advanced on tired legs, attempting to seem more energetic than he was as he crossed over the tendrils of water into the grass it nourished. Slowing as he approached he bent head in respectful greeting, smiling softly to see her familiar frame. "Hello, Cheveyo." Simple enough a greeting, but the familiarity is enough to bring a certain softness to his pale azure eyes, expressing more of his happiness to see her than the words alluded. "May I join your company?"

Semper
CHEVEYO.

I was so lost in my thoughts as my yellow painted hooves moved my well-muscled, but yet still slightly feminine frame through the tall grasses that grew along the edge of the shattered walls. Orchid pools followed along the glittering, cracked wall, not quite focused on missing sections that varied in both size and locations throughout the once pristine wall that had protected the members of the Edge for so very long. But now it was gone, and gone for good so it seemed. The crafters had too many other tasks at hand to worry about repairing something a Queen who was no longer even around had built.
Long ivory lashes smacked against my high cheekbones momentarily as the mental haze of being lost in thought began to drift away as if being pushed off by a light spring breeze. Once I managed to focus once more on reality it appeared I had traveled along the wall much further than I had expected too, I had nearly reached the gate in which I had entered upon my return to the lands of the Edge. The gate in which I met the handsome, but awfully shy, Dragomir. The gate where I had assisted in comforting the tearful Moon Doctor as the paint stallion and I reassured her that she had not in fact interrupted anything other than a simple greeting.
My chestnut harks swiveled lazily as I thought over the short period of time since I had came back to the place that I called home. Things seemed to be turned over on their backs, but slowly it was being returned to normal...very, very slowly. A light snort tore through my rosy paper thins as the sound of another approaching pulled me out of my thoughts once more. My white washed skull turned over my shoulder to see the Stormbringer, massive impressive wings and all headed in my direction. Before I could think twice my bodice twisted so I was facing the King as his bright, shining crown lowered in a greeting. "Hello, Cheveyo." My skull dipped lower than his greeting had been, respectful but still the familiarity that would always be there between the friends. "May I join your company?"
A gentle smile stretched at the corners of my lightly pinked kissers as my skull rose back to it's original resting position. Orchid pools settled lightly upon the stallion's sky blue eyes as I nodded ever so slightly. "Hello, Kaj! I would be honored if you were to join my company." I smiled once more, tilting my skull in the direction that I had been wandering before allowing my painted frame to follow suit. I knew that Kaj would follow along, it would be nice to have good company for today's patrol...maybe he would help keep my mind tied to my surroundings rather than in the clouds.

"Speech"
Tagged;; @[Kaj]
Notes;; I don't know if this should be based after the Aurelia thing or not, so I am leaving that open to you :3 Sorry it took so long and sucks D:
Words;; 478

please tag Cheveyo!!

Pale features are illuminated as she turns to see him approaching, aware of the sounds he makes naturally progressing through the forest. A gentle smile is what greets her orchid eyes, a reassurance that he is no threat. Despite coming from within the borders, Kaj knew that at times there was still a shielding of thoughts, an automatic defense pulled up when caught unaware in solitude. He hoped he had not disrupted some sort of musings on her part, for the King was intimately aware of how important personal time to think and collect oneself was. Though she seemed to receive him well, dipping her tiara in response to his own respectful bow of greeting. Especially when she smiled at his questioning desire to join her on her stroll. Smiling back, pleased that she would allow him such a simple yet meaningful thing, he strode closer to her in appreciation.

"Thank you, Cheveyo. You are quite pleasant company, I appreciate it." Warmth was glowing in sky blue pools, crinkling happily at the edges. She had grown on him quite quickly, and he enjoyed her presence. It was a compliment to him that she would be honored at all to have him at her side on a calm morn such as the one they occupied. Or was it merely because of his title? The invisible crown upon his skull? He hoped it was not so, though he doubted it. Cheveyo was not so shallow as to suffer through an encounter with him merely for his favor.

Her pale face tilted towards the curve of the wall, inviting him alongside her as she traveled. Dipping his head in acknowledgement and agreement of the invitation, he stepped forward to move in tandem with her steps. There was a pleasant silence for a few moments, the King tucking his wings to respect her personal space, striding happily beside her. It was...peaceful. But he suspected he was not being very good company, and softly cleared his throat. "Have you been settling back in well, Cheveyo?" Perhaps some light conversation could improve their time together? Not that it was needed, he was quite happy how he was.

---
I'd say before Aurelia <3

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Semper
CHEVEYO.

It was amusing, the fact that I had been on guard with the arrival of the King, if he weren't so easy to spot in the darkness of the trees I likely would have questioned him until I was happy that he truly was someone that I could trust in the borders of the Edge. It wasn't that I was entirely paranoid that something bad would come of having some strange herd member wandering around the herd, but ever since Aurelia's blow up on the members of the Asylum. I wasn't quite sure what to believe or what to do with some of our members. But instead, it was just Kaj, the King who had welcomed me back with a warm embrace after I had left in order to get a few things dealt with internally.
The King smiled back at my greeting before his own charcoaled kissers parted to allow a stream of lyrics loose. "Thank you, Cheveyo. You are quite pleasant company, I appreciate it." I could feel the heat rise to my cheek bones at the Stormbringer's compliment and I was glad that my blush would be hidden by the lighting of the rising sun. My white washed skull dipped ever so slightly as I continued walking and my rosy kissers parted ever so slightly. "I'm glad my company is appreciated Kaj, I would hate to be considered unpleasant." Even thought Kaj found my company to be of good company, I was fairly certain that a few of the herd members would find me less than savory if I were to spend more time milling amongst them rather than spending my time at the wall, studying the different cracks and holes that had been created thus far.
But so far, Kaj was one of the few that enjoyed being in my presence. Maybe my markings caused a few of the others to feel uncomfortable, making them think of the stallion Gaucho who was a well known fighter and not the politest of creatures. But we had been brought up by entirely different tribes, the markings on our bodies were even a foreign language to each other, but that didn't stop others from assuming. I relaxed as the stallion walked beside me, his massive wings tucked in close to his body as if to give me more room than I would have had if they were even slightly spread. The silence was welcomed with open arms as we walked side by side along the wall that marked off the Edge from the rest of the world, but it didn't seem it would last much longer when I heard the gust of air being sucked into the stallion's lungs before his lyrics filled the air. "Have you been settling back in well, Cheveyo?" My harks swiveled slightly as I listened to his words and a light smile crossed over my features.
I couldn't quite tell if he was truly concerned as to my well-being or if he was just being a good and polite King that he was so well known for. My white washed skull bobbed ever so slightly as the corners of my rosy kissers turned up ever so slightly as I thought of my welcoming party back into the place that I happily called home. The shy, but charming paint, Dragomir, and then the emotionally shaken Moon Doctor. Both of which had seemed pleased upon my return. "I am settling back in extremely well, thank you! How are you liking the new found royalty?" I wasn't sure if my question was entirely appropriate, but it had already been asked and there was no way to swallow words once they had already been allowed free.

"Speech"
Tagged;; @[Kaj]
Notes;;
Words;; 620

please tag Cheveyo!!

Instinctive tension was commendable in the painted warrior, and Kaj was proud of her thoughtless protection, displaying clear devotion that was well valued in the ranks of the Edge. Though there was a large lack of reason to be so on edge with the king of the lands she sought to keep safe, Kaj could only find positive attributes in her involuntary reaction. Despite the slow seep of tension from her sturdy frame, Kaj allowed his smile to warm from the cordial stages of greeting in hopes of furthering her comfort in his presence. He was no tyrant after all.

Embarrassment seemed to be the cause of her dipped crown, and Kaj chuckled softly as her pale lips parted and words painted the air between their skin. "Never, my dear. I assure you I am far from perfect company myself, so it is I who should be worried," he teased, winking playfully at the powerful lass astride him, attempting to chase away her shyness with subtle compliments and light heartedness. It seemed to be effective a majority of the time with most of his flock regardless of gender. Not that he lied, for Cheveyo was a breath of fresh air, kind and sincere with a lack of frivolously shallow tendencies.

Silence was pleasant, far from uncomfortable or causing an air of pervading awkwardness amongst the pair. Walking alongside the beautifully decorated lass was a load freeing itself from the Storm Bringer's mantle, a freedom from worries and woes, decision making and instructing. It was certainly an improvement upon both his day and mood.

Inquisitive, posed questions granted the view of curled pale kissers and the emanation of joy from Cheveyo's being. Kaj turned crown to view her better, attentive and sincerely intrigued by the answers hiding away on her tongue. Relief cascaded upon chiseled caricature at the positive response garnered from his questions. "No need for thanks, love. I merely desire your happiness." Soft rumbling voice confessed with an airy smile. But soon her own question sprang forth and the curl of lips became sardonic and amused. "It is as tedious and stressful as I anticipated, but it is an honor in equal measure. I am not foreign to it, but it has certainly been a drastic change nonetheless," deep voice rumbled with a chuckle lacing the edges of his tone. "I merely hope to keep everyone safe, and be a decent King. I hope I'm on the right track." Earnest aquamarine turned to gaze almost sheepishly upon the dame, smile almost boyish as he confessed easily to her.

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Semper
CHEVEYO.

"Never, my dear. I assure you I am far from perfect company myself, so it is I who should be worried," the stallion's deep, gentle words caused the rest of the tension in my painted frame to dissipate into the air around us as a light smile began to work it's way across my white washed features. The idea of the handsome King not being good company was ridiculous and almost caused a giggle to escape from my rosy kissers, but luckily they were easy to hold back as I shook my skull from side to side. "I have yet to find you as anything less than satisfactory company Stormbringer." I strode forwards easily, tracing the path that I had followed so many times already in my short time back in the Edge. I had wonderfully managed to throw myself right into work, there wasn't enough time to think about the past when I was busy working in the present.
Everything between us seemed to fall silent, the world filled with the sound of our hooves beating the ground beneath us rhythmically as the birds chattered away in the canopies of the trees that grew not too far off to the side of us. Before the Edge, forests had made me wary, my preferred terrain being wide open spaces with plenty of room to run and nowhere for enemies to hide without being seen first. But something about the way the mist rolled and curled between the trunks of the towering trees and the way that the silence was almost never actually silent was relaxing and beautiful all at the same time, I knew I was home here. Finally home. I had to admit, it did help that the Stormbringer and the Sunshower had welcomed me so fullheartedly into their home, even after I had gone away for some time. The rest of my herdmates were easy to get along with as well, for the most part, Aurelia, the gold dusted mare had been the only one who seemed to rub me the wrong way but then I hadn't really given her much of a chance, maybe she would turn out to be fine.
The Edge was a peaceful place and those who didn't want that didn't belong here.
It was then that the handsome stallion alongside me spoke up, asking how I was settling back into the swing of things within the grasp of the broken wall. A light smile spread across my features as I thought once more over how easily I had slid back into the routine around here, but before I could think twice the question over how the buckskin enjoyed royalty was racing from my vocal chords to the little bit of air between us. "No need for thanks, love. I merely desire your happiness. It is as tedious and stressful as I anticipated, but it is an honor in equal measure. I am not foreign to it, but it has certainly been a drastic change nonetheless, I merely hope to keep everyone safe, and be a decent King. I hope I'm on the right track." Sun kissed harks drifted towards the side a bit as I listened carefully to each word that fell from the stallion's kissers as he easily responded to a question that I had instantly regretted. As he finished speaking, his skull tilted towards me ever so slightly and a grin spread across his features as if he were a school boy expecting praise for being so honest and open. Orchid pools glanced out of the corners of my sockets as a peal of laughter over his expression escaped and I offered a broad smile before allowing my vocal chords to shake into motion once again. "You and the Sunshower seem to be doing a more than fitting job from where I stand." I thought they were both just, and smart, and did a very good job of keeping the peace within our walls.

"Speech"
Tagged;; @[Kaj]
Notes;;
Words;; 665

please tag Cheveyo!!