the Rift

The Samurai's Bones [Questing: Lullaby]

Prometheus Posts: 75
Up For Adoption atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Pyr :: Siberian Tiger :: Hypnotize & Flaming Touch Adoptable

The oppressive heat of Tallsun has at last abated, and yet I find myself feeling death as heavy a coat upon me as before. Perhaps the Orangemoon cool and its effect on my stench has suited others, but I've noticed nothing but a dimming of the atmosphere and a reemergence of life in the Oasis. How sickening it is, to see grass growing healthier somehow in this season where it is meant to die, to see animals emerge for the first time in months when they should prepare for hibernation. You've grown fat and lazy with the ease of the kill afforded to you by your hypnosis and the stupidity of nature's sons and daughters. I see you putting on weight and filling the gaps between your ribs as you tear violently at the corpses of rabbits and weaker does. You even seem to shed some of the sickly pallor that had grown upon you over those past few months of solitary life in the marsh. I feel betrayed and alone as you hunt first for yourself, as I remain disregarded, the immortal son left to starve simply because he can.

The notion of eating when there is no need to is something I find fascinating. I can manage to survive without any sustenance, with every portion of my body battered and bruised. Even if this form is to expire, my soul will live on in the body of another. I am immortal, and yet I still thirst. The concept is strange and the desire uncontrollable while in no way negative, and yet I hate it each time I feel that sickening hunger and that yearning to sink my dull teeth into the weakened flesh of the dead. You see it as my weakness, my one connection to the living that I cannot seem to sever, but at each inkling that you are aware of this, you are reminded of the reason for each link I've forged to wrap around you in a chain. What was once a collar has now extended to drape over you loosely in some areas, and constrict in others. The metal bends to my will, crushing you beneath its steely grip as I see fit.

For the ultimate power still rests with me. You may twirl your tail and enrapture all of the Dragon's Throat oasis, but your tricks do nothing to phase me. Once you tried to put me under your spell- the oval scars around your ankles are a reminder that you never will again. Blood sluicing down your hide is a reminder that I am your master, and you my servant. I do my best to forget how much I love you.

I rest for the first time in days, settling my corpse beside the stream and letting my broken form fall across the ground. You bring me the bones of your kills, but I deem each unworthy of becoming my wings. You receive no pleasure or praise, simply reprimands. I've made it a point never to award good behavior; I've made it a habit to never reward you anything at all.

img © foter
[Image: siggy1_zpsfwdjquxw.png]
please tag Prometheus in all replies!
magic & force is permitted at your own peril.

Lullaby Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
ooc;sorry for the wait, and i didn't want to assume he was in his usual form.

Being accepted, and taken in put ease to her mind, and had given her rest for her body. She was part of Dragon's Throat now, and did not have to worry so much about the strangers she met here. They were of the same herd, and it wasn't strictly all for one here. Least she would hope not, or she saw no point of a herd. Unless it was organized chaos, much as her old herds had been at times. Long silver tail twitched behind her haunches, she surveyed her surroundings feeling the need to seek another out. Let her wings stretch she began to pump them steadily, the force of air causing a partial dust storm among the desert landscape. Then she would run before pushing from the rocky ground to raise to the skies.

Wings continued to rise and fall faster and faster until eventually she was as high as she had wanted to be. It was than her cobalt irises would seek out anyone beneath her. There was only one she knew by his black and white markings. There was no sign of Midas, but the stream which made it way through the Throat was spotted. She thought about landing long before she saw the figure beneath her. Or two, and slowly she descended upon them.

While her wings outstretched, and her hooves met the ground, she glided a few paces before she was steadily walking. She would fold her grayish blue feathers, tucking them against her white sides. A distant the horse is lying down, and she does not wish to startle. A head raised, ears upon him she takes her time to cut the distance she had placed between them. Much as she does not want to disturb his rest, she feels it would be best to see if he will wake at all.

"Hello?" She calls out, hoping to prepare him to see he is not alone.

Stallion :: Unicorn :: 8.2 / 16.3 :: 4 months / 6 years [Immortal] HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE

The sound of another's voice forces me instantly into the form of the living. Not out of shame for what I am, no, anything but that, but out of an obligation to seem presentable before other members of this herd. I do not appreciate the sentiment held by so many here- this is a herd where any are welcome, yet a wrinkled nose and a look of disgust is always cast my way. If only they knew the rare beauty of what they see in me.

I drag you alongside me with a tug of the chain and lift myself from the earth, no longer caring to lay in silence. The mare that has arrived might prove herself useful, unlike yourself. Perhaps this newcomer knows of the death of the great Samurai Voltaic, and perhaps she can lead me to his grave.

With care I find myself lifting up from the ground and making my way closer. Blinding white eyes gaze into the deep blue eyes of the mare, and I take her in slowly. She is an interesting figure, with wings that do not match her coat, but a set of feathers that seem to make the progression natural. I long for my own wings now- I find myself frustrated that I've yet to obtain them. I turn to you with a look of distaste only briefly before reformatting myself and standing neatly before the mare.

"Yes- hello," I answer cooly, my voice ragged and my tone quiet. There is a slight grimace on my features as I step closer to examine her as they so often do to me when I am out of this form. Now I stand tall and beautiful, a filled out stallion of poise and gentility. It is a shame the mind cannot match the shell it makes its home. I take steps further from the oasis, dragging you along, forcing you further from your latest kill. I will take pleasure in the meal later, after you have gone to rest for the evening. If I ever let you sleep, that is.

"Tell me," I begin, my head tossing and my mane falling in thin red sheets as it does, "could you lead me to the Samurai's gravesite?" I seem casual as I ask a stranger for the path to another's death. It is more than a simple curiosity, it is a desire, burgeoning, yearning, passionate. My wings will be crafted from the feathers of the finest soldiers and the greatest fools. They will lift me to the sky and I will rise above mortality once again.

But first I must find the Samurai's bones.

img © foter

Lullaby Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

It is not long she has to wait, the red and white patched stallion rises, drifting over to where she stood. He had in tow a striped, large cat she did not know the proper name of.... if he even had one. She would guess he was a companion, bonded to the unicorn to be a creature hanging round like he was not something to eat. Her blue eyes would not stare long to the feline, they would drift to see the foggy white eyes of the stallion. Where she had come from that would mean blindness, but there was something sharp to their contrast, telling her other wise. She could feel them upon her, but she made no point to move. He was studying her, just as she was him.

A good hand taller than her, she looked up to meet the horned stallion's gaze. His voice sounded off in her ears, like he was out of breath. He did not seem old, nor tired from the walk here. While the pair came closer, her ears drift to her neck, and she cast a look upon the striped cat. It was a brief look, with the stallion closer she let her blue eyes meet white. "I hope I didn't disturb you two," she would mention out of politeness. When the words were voiced, they almost seemed of no point. A twitch of her tail, she shifted her weight amongst her four legs. His mane is long, and a deep red, and makes her short cropped tufts look more pathetic. It doesn't grind on her nerves, it reminds her why it was cut to begin with. An arched nape, she blinks, but is listening when he speaks again. Lullaby had been ready for ask of name, but not where a grave was. Was he kidding? Was this a test for a newcomer? They way he had spoke, trying to make it sound like they were shooting the breeze, not talking of bodies. She did not want to disappoint.

"I don't, but I wouldn't mind helping you to look," she offered with a half smile of sorts. "Have any clues, or ideas where to start?" She asked, knowing she probably wouldn't be very helpful to his cause with such little information, but maybe he might find use out of company with wings, and a want to do something.

The chain groans and unsettles from the earth as I lift myself away and the metal comes with me. You are forced to oblige as the binding grows tighter and the sensation of being trapped grows stronger. I should care for your emotional being but force the thought from my head. I do not look at you- it is simpler that way to pretend I do not care for you. Instead I focus on the white pegasus mare before me, a pristine white with darker wings and mane to accent her features. In the light her bones contrast each other nicely and the flesh clings to them neatly. I cannot help my tongue from darting out to lick teeth like a hungry canine; I cannot help but long for the taste of her flesh and the sensation of ripping that pretty white coat from its foundation. Her blood would stain the Oasis floor.

She proves herself useless and instantly I am frustrated by her cluelessness. She asks me if I know where to start- did I not ask her that very same thing? Still, I am tired and frustrated with my fruitless search. I bite my tongue as it flaps and sweats hungrily, hold back the biting tone and the accusatory words. Instead I simply provide her with a clear and simple look to answer the first question. My eyes reflect malice and distrust, disgust and frustration. Yes, you disturbed us.

"Perhaps we will have better luck in the open expanse of the desert," I comment instead, beginning to walk without waiting for either you or her to catch up. You are dragged along against your will at first, but your resistance is involuntary and does not last long. In moments you are running by my side just to keep up and counteract the weight of the chains. I long for you to hang behind and be out of my hair, but your insistence is impossible to be rid of.

I already fear her inevitable initiation of idle chatter and cozy small talk- it seems to be customary of the vile creatures that inhabit this land. My steps are steady, firm, and long, allowing me to advance far ahead of her and gain a quick headstart. "Taking to the air would grant you a better view, would it not?" I call backwards in suggestion, allowing my head to turn ever so slightly to grace her with my white, silver-streaked eyes. My majestic form taunts the observer as it flows naturally across the desert and reveals rippling muscles. I can only hope my plan will work and I will be rid of her ceaseless chatter for a time.

img © foter