the Rift

[OPEN] Dream Come True [Joining]

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani

We continued to walk and talk. I am glad that we had met up in the forest. I am most calm when I am with him. I feel so much older than I am some times, but with Cera I am free to be myself. I am free to be a child. The weight of the amulet is heavy in my mane as my hoof kicks something hard. It startles me and I stop for a second before reaching down to pick it up. "Look Cera! Another amulet! I wonder which God this one belongs to." It's green, much like my Aunt Sakura's eyes were... Or at least that is what Momma had told me. "Will you tie it in my mane? Please?"

We continued on, I was glad to have his guiding wing holding me to his side. He quickly answered my statement about no one taking the place of my parents. "No, Ama. I could never replace a parent. I would never try to. But...maybe in time, I can be your brother?" He wants to be my friend, and maybe my brother? I think I can handle that. I smile softly. "Okay." He pulled me closer for a moment and nuzzled me. I returned the action, nuzzling him in return. It was then my hooves hit the sand for the first time. "You're right, though. No more being alone, okay?" "Together, always." I stopped, hesitant to enter the Throat. After all, I don't belong here yet. I glance to Cera and whisper softly. "Do you think they will let me stay.... The leaders that is.... What if they don't like me?" I trembled, scared for the first time of this whole trip.

"Talking"
@[Cera]

quote quote quote quote quote
Image Credit

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Dalibor Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: 9 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
redgod
DALIBOR
I will fail you, of that I'm sure

The scarred warrior was used to having nothing to do with his days, so he'd taken to patrolling like an addict, around and around. The monotony and routine soothed him, gave him a focus, an outlet. So it was that Dalibor was walking along the land's borders yet again when he spotted that annoying little shit that had swooped in last he'd been speaking with Africa - and something under his wing.

An injured Throat member, perhaps?

No. Wing was too low for that. A child?

Dalibor's eyes narrowed to see better, and after a few seconds, his guess was correct: a child. Though not an utter foal, it seemed. Perhaps around a year, a year and a half at most.

Why in the gods names were they nuzzling like that? A strange, horrified thought flickered through the dark warrior's mind before he pushed it away. No. Such things had no place here. And that one was too simple-minded to be so perverse. Such a sin was reserved for only the worst of souls, and though the pegasus male annoyed him by his mere existence now, Dalibor certainly did not think him some sort of disgusting bastard.

Curious now, despite Cera's involvement, the roan approached, movements sharp and energetic as always. "Is the young one all right?" he inquired, dipping his head to inspect her. He had a gentler side for younglings, the children.

@[Amani]
@[Cera]

"talk talk talk"
Thoughts

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

C e r a</style>
          & Ilaria
Tired little laughs, gold-lie promises, we'll always win at this

Within moments of leaving the boundaries of the darkened woods that still haunted his rare nightmares, the tension had seeped out of his frame. With the precious youth beneath his wings, he didn't want to linger in that cursed land any longer than he had to. Instead, he ushered the little lady along, not wanting to tire her out on the journey but wanting her in the safety of the borders as soon as possible. It was odd, to walk beside someone so much smaller, with legs far shorter and a life still so untouched by experience. There was a deep set desire to protect her from the horrors that had stained themselves in physical badges across his skin. The first step was her joining the Throat, where his Lord would keep her safe with his patronage and gifts to those who carried his name among the family.

Such serious thoughts seemed not to plague the youngling at his side, excitedly diving towards a glittering gem she had stumbled over. Laughing softly at her enthusiasm, he nodded. "Of course, Ama. Hold still." Smiling and fondly rolling his eyes he plucked the gem and held it in place as Ilaria ran up to perch between his ears, taking the chain in furred paws and twining it into the girls' locks. When the red panda was finished she crawled back to his shoulders, and Cera let the gem fall to sit within her mane, attracting attention with the glinting of the sun off the edges.

Returning his wing to shade her, they continued on. Her fears were not unfounded, it was a natural reaction, but Cera did not desire her to feel anxious and so sought to set them to rest. "Of course they will let you stay, Ama. My Sultanas are very kind and wise, they will see that you are sincere." His smile was soft, nodding to her words. Yes. Together always.

They are not alone for long, though Cera hadn't expected to be as they crossed the borders. The one who comes to meet them is familiar, Dalibor he recalls, and he smiles pleasantly at the fellow as he approaches. Aware of his concern in his deep voice, Cera lifted his wing to reveal that Amani was in fact in perfect health. "All is well, Dalibor. She merely wishes to join our family. Amani, this is Dalibor, one of our Spears. Dalibor, this is Amani." Introductions complete he stepped aside, giving Amani enough room to breathe and make her own decision with how to respond to Dalibor's concern.

image credits
table by whit
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani

I beamed with pride as Cera and Ilaira tied the new amulet into my mane. Now I have two! Maybe the Gods of Helovia do care about me! I wanted to prance around with the excitement, but something in Cera's body language told me now was not the time. He had spoken of what had happened in these woods to him as a child, and for now I would like my coat to remain unscared.. I quickly settle in against his side, making sure to keep up as we headed for the Throat.

My golden eyes widen with pure excitement and happiness as we enter the Throat, only to be slightly doused by my fears of not being welcome. I try to take in as much as I can of the land. My mother had been here... She had hunted here on her quest for the magic that saved me. I miss you Momma. I hope I am making you proud. Cera calmed the fears I spoke aloud. "Of course they will let you stay, Ama. My Sultanas are very kind and wise, they will see that you are sincere." I can only hope he is right.

Cera and I are not alone for long. A stallion comes, and to a degree he looks like my Papa.... But I know he is not so instead I cling to Cera's side. "Is the young one all right?" He's looking to Cera to answer, so I wait. Cera of course, as nice as he always is answers the stallion and introduces him to me. "All is well, Dalibor. She merely wishes to join our family. Amani, this is Dalibor, one of our Spears. Dalibor, this is Amani." He then steps aside to let me speak, but I find myself incredibly shy. Part of me wishes to cling to Cera's side, while the other part of me knows that I need to act like an adult.... After all, I have been on my own for so long. The days of being a child are behind me, even if by my age they should not be. "I am alright. It is nice to meet you Dalibor." I glance between the two stallions before speaking. "What is a Spear?"

"Talking"
@[Cera] @[Dalibor]

quote quote quote quote quote
Image Credit

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.