the Rift

[OPEN] Pardon the Mess [Joining]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
Torleik
The beard of glory...

The mare had elected to follow him home, and in a strange way, the Bloodskald felt as if he were taking advantage of her somehow. She knew nothing of him. He could be a liar, one ready to lead her back to some cave, push her against the wall and perpetrate violation and violence against her person. A frown Sialia didn't see crossed his features and the dual-horned stallion lead on.

"The Basin is not far from here; one perk of choosing it as your home upon entering Helovia," he rumbled, eyes glancing up when Irelyn's shadow wheeled over them once more. "When we arrive, I will attempt to summon our Lord Deimos and Lady Illynx, though I cannot guarantee they will come. I would not take offense if they don't show; I did not meet Illynx until some time into my stay in the Basin."

The Threshold eventually gave way to a cooler breath of air, even in the Birdsong warmth - a warmth, Torleik thought grimly, that was only going to get worse with the advent of Tallsun soon. He hated summertime. His coat and his hairy nature were not meant for such heat. It was not but an hour until they reached the entrance to the Basin, the singular sentinel looming ominously in the distance.

"That large piece of machinery was constructed by Ulrik the Engineer, my cousin," the General said with pride in his voice. "It can differentiate between those who belong in Basin and those who do not." And this thought gave him pause. Did it need to see her acceptance by the leaders of the herd? Would her being with him allow her passage? He was not sure; he had not inquired this of his mad cousin. To be safe, he halted them just beyond the sentinel, about at the place where he'd conversed with the strange addict stallion with the boggart, and took a deep breath.

A deep, reverberating call boomed from his chest, summoning the leaders of their herd to welcome a newcomer. If they did not show...well...he would risk walking Sialia past the sentinel. Surely it would not harm her while she was with him.

@[Deimos]
@[Illynx]
@[Sialia]

---------------------------
OOC: Sorry this took a while. I've been so busy lately with apartment stuff it's been crazy. Also, Bunnie, take note. It is still the beard of glory lol.

"talk talk talk"

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Sialia Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 8 Years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Nessie

Sialia Odele
You're totally entertained, and I'm absolutely bored

I followed behind Torleik as we made our way to the Aurora Basin. The trip was quiet, as we barely spoke. I gazed around me with an impassive boredom, sometimes glancing at my companion, and well his companion. One thing I am shocked to not have noticed, That beard. I liked. I liked a lot. I was completely oblivious to the generals thoughts, unknowing to the frown he gave. If I could read minds, I would be wondering why he was thinking such odd thoughts.

As we began to reach the colder area of the Threshold Torleik began to speak. "The Basin is not far from here; one perk of choosing it as your home upon entering Helovia," My ears went forward, just as Irelyn's shadow passed us over head. I had to admit, for her kind she was beautiful. "Which is the furthest from the Threshold?" I asked softly, My voice was silky, quiet, a stark contrast from his deep rumbling rasp.

"When we arrive, I will attempt to summon our Lord Deimos and Lady Illynx, though I cannot guarantee they will come. I would not take offense if they don't show; I did not meet Illynx until some time into my stay in the Basin." I payed attention as he continued on with his words, stating to not take offense if the leaders did not show. "Being the leaders I'm sure they have there hands full." I could sympathize in my own way, and I wouldn't be offended if they did not show.

Then it was quiet once more. There was a heat in the air, but as we drew closer to my soon to be new home, the air became colder, and I gave an involuntary shiver. It wasn't that I like the heat, or that I liked the cold. I honestly couldn't really care less. Well, I take that back. I hated the unbearable heat. The suffocating heat. Whether it was dry or wet.

An hour later we where entering snow, and ahead? A huge piece of machinery stood tall, and proud at its post. It was beautiful, and I had never seen anything like it. "That large piece of machinery was constructed by Ulrik the Engineer, my cousin," His voice boomed with pride, it was un-hidden, raw. "It certainly is breathtaking." I stated, and smiled kindly.

"It can differentiate between those who belong in Basin and those who do not." He said, and I nodded. "I guess we will be finding out if I am worthy then, no?" I said, the words dancing playfully from my lips.

But before we made it through the gate and past the ominous he halted. He then made a deep bellowing call, and then it was time to wait, and wait until I could be accepted.

@[Torleik]

OOC:
"blah blah blah."

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

The devil bent my ear today about his magical elixir

That would make the sorrow go away

[ OOC: Beard of GLORYYYYY ~ ]

The Lady strides forth after hearing the call rising from the borders, recognizing the voice and pleased to hear it; they had been given few opportunities to speak ever since he had gone all that way with her in the heat of Tallsun to look for a ghost, and while she was not the sort to offer her thanks to anyone, she did feel a good deal more compassion and care for the General than most in her life for how he had helped her that day. Either way, a quick test of the wind determines that he is being useful, for the scent with him is foreign. She shouldn’t be surprised that it is female; she’s taken more than few eyefuls of him, herself.

Her babe bounces along behind her, a black and golden streak that makes irony out of her thoughts. She shouldn’t be thinking about anyone’s muscles with a child in tow, but she is also not the sort of woman to put others and their feelings above her own selfish whims, and she does not think of her thoughts on Torleik’s curving sinew as anything to take offense by. Hell, even Ulrik would have to admit his cousin was stacked, if you could look hard enough through his northern coating, and as with most selfish creatures, she admires all things beautiful.

It is why she gleams and flashes, her golden pelt covered for the time in the burgundy and platinum of her discovered armor, the tree’s gifted amulets jauntily singing against the metal as she trots towards the pair of unicorns standing just outside the sentinel’s imposing frame. Both mother and son come to a pause a polite speaking distance from the two, one golden eye lingering on the bronze unicorn towering over her just as her son nearly plows into his hard side, so focused on the infatuating metal steed that he had forgotten where to walk.

He snorts in aggravation with himself, bounding the last few paces between himself and his mother’s side and looking towards both with the same curiosity he regards all other unicorns with, lion’s tail sweeping gracefully behind him in light contemplation. They have missed any words that might have been spoken between the two of them, and the bitch silently curses that she was so far in the back of the Valley.

And where is Deimos?

She could almost sigh. All the talking seems to be left to her, again.

Don’t get her wrong, now, she adores the sound of her own voice, but sometimes she wishes that her counterpart (slowly she hated him less with each passing day he did not utterly fail her) had a social streak outside of attempting to murder everything and glaring silently. ”Welcome,” she says, her smile sweet and pure, such sharp contrast to her soul, ”I am the Lady Illynx, and this is my son, Rikyn.” The boy, already being schooled in how to speak to others and present himself in the most fine of manners, stands with his tiny little horn pointing towards heaven and his narrow, bony chest puffed forth as he attempts to stand with pride; its awkward, but endearingly so, her young prince already rising to meet her every expectation. His little head nods hello, a faint smile lining his lips.

Artist | Background | Horse Head | Horse Figure | Table by Time
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather

The rise and fall of empires christened glorious pursuits and creeds through the toxic indifference of his everlasting indignation, conquering, devouring, persecuting, amidst the threads of murky ineptitude. A Regime threatening to crush them, then punctured beneath the weight of its own stupidity, chaos unraveling and threatening, sending them to tombs and catacombs, then unraveled in the midst of perseverance, and now, renewal asunder in the plunge of their calculations. Another new member brought from the doldrums of the Threshold, or perhaps plucked from the surrounding outlands, by their General, trumpeting and beckoning for the weight of his gavel. He followed the gesture with the slate of his terrible wake, brazen, intimidating, nefarious vestiges pulsing and maddening, strife aligned with nefarious intrigues and enigmatic warrens – though clearly not the first, for Illynx had arrived with her son, and he was forced into the social aspects of Lordship; sometimes a rumination he wanted to leave untouched and buried, eager for the shadows and darkness swallowing, corrupting, instead of offering his presence in forced forums and congregations. There were sovereigns to ruin and havoc to be unleashed, but he remained shackled and tethered to the acceptance of others, and so gestured lightly to each soul bearing their weight amidst the cold, the grandeur, the power and precision of the Basin. Torleik’s achievement was duly noted, Illynx’s introductions followed thereafter by his own in its blunt, hazardous scabbard. “Deimos.” The Reaper’s precise stare, a piercing vessel calculating, ruminating, pondering, dragged over to the stranger, black, scattered to oblivion, sword upon her brow; but what else did she hold besides the worthy enamel? Was she a creature of loathing, of diligence, of fortitude, or another dame found in the bulrushes, sent to their home by the kindness and altruism of the General? What were her talents, her convictions, her capabilities and faculties – useful, or ill apparent, sanctioned to dine in the halls of the futile and ineffectual? What were her aspirations, to climb the walls of glory, or to fester in the abominations of the weak, the downtrodden, the pointless? So, he queried, laid the question out for adequate response, for where she would choose to roam, to drift, in their vast holdings of prowess and promise. “What strengths do you possess?”

tablebykite [horse©venomxbaby/bg©darkdevil16]