the Rift

Reaping [Delinne x Midas]
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

My breath came out in a frustrated rasp; muscled limbs carried this bulk in a dance that only a soldier could appreciate. Dirt flew in the wake of my concentration; feet took a swift but calculated shift of sidestepping, warming muscles that cried out for the first time in a long while. The warm air surrounding me felt stifling, green and thick.

The forest was turning nearly suffocating and already I began to feel my body weaken in this placid environment—surviving here was much easier than in a desert landscape. It was almost simply to become fat and lazy, to draw out the lines of each passing day in a haze of clover and sunlight. I was not a violent creature, quite the opposite in fact; but the lack of training gave my muscles reason to grow tense. A warrior needed to stretch, his aroma was the sweat of effort, the battle drum, a thrum of wings and hooves slapping against flesh and sand.

Sadly, so few of this family seemed eager to participate in the sparring games of soldiers. So I practiced alone, in the upturned dust that had received little use in the past weeks. A mid-day sun felt hot against my spine, the first layer of winter fur was sliding free from flesh. Perspiration began to bead up behind this layer, coating down my hairs until I was slick. The dirt patch was adjacent to the meadow, hidden in a small clove of trees that retreated to a stream. No cover to shield the sky, no tangling mess of vines to deal with. Just me, the dirt and the sound of blood beating across ears.

OOC:

Setting: Mid-day, warm, cloudless. Set in a glade away from trees and on loose soil.
No magic, no companions
Attack (0,3)
Word count:

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Delinne Posts: 232
Hidden Falls Curiosus II
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Dezba :: Black Jaguar :: Stormcall Ina

How the hell does a broken heart
Get back together when it's torn apart?
'Mother,' I glanced down at the jaguar, lowering my head to bump my maw against her forehead as I always did when she called me that. It was something about that word that made me warm inside. "What is it, Dezba?" 'Hungry.' "Go hunt then. I'll find you later." I smiled at her before she turned and disappeared into the woods. We had just returned from one of the small ponds, where I had tried to scrub off all of the raggy fur that had kept my black bodice warm during the cold winter. There were still patches on my stomach and back of my hind legs, but most of it was gone and revealed a coat black as the night covered in perfectly lined, white markings. I continued to walk with my head hanging low, grasping small patches of newly grown grass on the way. The high sun warmed my back and I felt it's energy flowing through me. All of the ache that had terrorized my bones was gone, and the wounds I had carried were merely scabs while the flesh was healing underneath. Calmly I glanced ahead, and my head rose fast when I saw my painted leader in front of me. I had entered a soil-covered glade with no "roof" and there wasn't a single cloud to protect me from the heat.

One thing I can assure you: Black coats becomes terribly hot in the sun.

"Midas?" I took a step closer to the dancing stallion - what was he doing? - and when I was maybe one horselength away from him, I tilted my head. "What are you doing?" The dance he was doing looked like he was stretching his muscles, which reminded me of my own. Last time I had fought, it had been against nomadic horses - but that was in defense. I mostly fought because I had to defend myself or my family.
"Wanna train some?" I smirked, gazing over the pegasus and whipped my tail against my hindlegs before I took a step back from him. I felt a need to draw some blood - it didn't matter if it was my own or his, I just felt like doing it.

"Talking."

ooc: -
wordcount: 366
tags: @[Midas]
attack: 0/3, -
defense: -

[Image: 23hlgsp.png]
We will always be a team, no matter what.
Remember?

Please tag Delinne in all posts. Attacking is not allowed without my permission.
Want to meet Delinne? Post in this thread c:
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Midas
the one to see you through your darkest times

She came forward, I noticed her scent before even that lightening marked body had filtered from timbers. The dark lass was instantly recognized as the same who had brought new kin into our fold—a soldier of worth and a spy that had yet proven loyalty. My name left those lips as a question, those flashing gems eyeing my gleaming shoulders and flanks with an almost taste provoking desire, “Delinne.” I replied politely, slowing motions so that I might stand across from her, “Dancing,” I replied, the word coming out as a heave as breath finally caught up. Moist muzzle carried a smile forward, allowing it to slither naturally across both dark corners as I returned the favor and raked golden gaze from eyes to dual colored weapon, before falling to the frame she boasted.

Said girl was taller than me, a trait that had always been so among kin. Not only was she taller, but the woman was also thicker. A boon to me, I specialized in being smaller and faster than the clumsier breeds—though I’d also learned from hard years that their power wasn’t something to be disrespected or jested with. “Yar, I do.” There was evident husk in my voice, a quiet rasp that sucked upon air heavily. How nice it was to finally find someone who was as keen on training as me, “Ladies first.” I offered, still smiling brightly. Head twisted aside almost playfully and tucked once, a soldier’s basic salute that tapped my yellowish diamond like gem below.

OOC:

Attack (0,3)
Word count: 255

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Sevin the Sucky, I mean are you a # or vacuum? Posts: 161
OOC Account
Mare :: Other :: 5'5" :: 25
Sevin
Closed d/t Delinne being AAed.