the Rift

[OPEN] angsty (finished)

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

Insanity is the perfectly rational solution to this otherwise sane world.

Why has this forest become so lifeless? I am chained here, at home. I can't leave here without my guard. My guard's name is Cheveyo, but she doesn't really like me, so she doesn't tell me when she is leaving and she doesn't give me the option to go with her. Honestly, I've only spoken to her once or twice since she has been tasked with guarding me, and even I realize that she is slacking off. I do not mind this, though. If she wants to make a bad impression on Kahlua and Kaj, so be it.

I hate being stuck here. I am a pegasus, for God's sake. I should be free to fly wherever I want instead of being confined here. I don't like that glass wall because it keeps us locked up inside our own herd. I realize now, that it wasn't the wall keeping us from the outside, it was our leaders. Kahlua and Kaj. They have let me down. Does everyone else know how they have confined me here, told me I wasn't being punished when I really am? Why do they lie? Why can they not say they are disappointment and be happy with that? Deep inside my mind, I know they don't want me to get hurt, but I also feel like they want to have a squeaky clean image, but I threatened their image. I am chaos, rebellion, and insanity. This land is sanity, peace, and rules. I do not like it. I want to change it. But how?

Shilva squirms from her resting spot in between my wings and on my back. I have been walking for 30 minutes now. Just back and forth, up and down this little section. I am here, at the borders. Should I sneak out? I desperately want to, but I do not want to get into more trouble. Plus, if Kaj and Kahlua are discussing my punishment soon, I do not really want to get into more trouble. Where would be the logic in that?

I believe my day cannot get any worse, but it does. Heavy rain starts falling from dark clouds. There is no thunder, and there is no lightning. I am graced with only the rain. Each droplet landing on a leaf from the canopy above then falling gently on my back and on Shilva, or head, or basically over my body. Then the droplets trickle down my sides before the plop onto the ground and soak the forest floor. I do not even care if I get soaked. Right now, I can only think. And I do think, about everything.

walkwalkwalk
"blah blah blah."
ooc:; Set BEFORE Aurelia challenges Kahlua and AFTER Aurelia is returned from the Hidden Falls :D Please only people that can do quick replies! :3

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

I was stuck here guarding the crazed mare who thought it entertaining to wreck havoc on the homes of others. If it wasn't trespassing on other's lands, it was screwing anything that walked to the point that she had twins at two years old. It was ridiculous, and luckily it seemed that a few of the other protectors had graciously offered to lift the weight of keeping my orchid pools on the village idiot from my painted shoulders every now and then. Even if the gold and white mare thought she wasn't being watched, she was, there were eyes on her almost constantly as I wasn't going to be to blame for any more idiocy.
In fact, I would rather bring the flaming broad to the ground rather than allow her to step one hoof out of the broken glass wall. Chestnut harks swiveled effortlessly on top of my white splashed skull as I watched the winged mare walk back and forth, back and forth, back and forth over and over again. It was quite exhausting and my jaw clenched shut tight in order to stifle a yawn that was fighting to break free. This girl was driving me up a wall, such a boring one to guard, couldn't I have been assigned to a crazy person who wanted to try and escape every five minutes or so? So I could have a chance to show the white and gold what I thought should happen to those who foolishly do wrong on my family, of course she hadn't hurt any of our members physically, but the name of the Edge was tarnished because of what she had done.
Orchid's watched the mare as the snake that had been coiled up between her wings moved further up her bodice just as the sky opened and rain began to pour down in sheets. Even from my hiding spot beneath the canopy of thick trees, my bright chestnut back was being stained a much darker terra cotta color by the fat droplets of water that somehow managed to sneak their way through the heavy coverage of leaves and onto my back.
My long blonde tail lashed against painted sides irritably as I stood there, growing darker by the moment as the white winged Aurelia began to take on a pinker shade as the white hairs that coated her body stuck to her flesh. Eyes rolled in my skull as an irritaed sigh slid from my rosy kissers. "AURELIA!" My voice tore off of my vocal chords at a volume loud enough to get the mare's attention through the sound of the pouring rain. As much as I didn't want to be in close proximity with the mare, I was going to offer her some coverage under the trees. It was time I at least spoke to my ward.

"Speech."
Tag;; @[Aurelia]
Words;; 467
OOC;; Sorry it's kinda short.

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

baylee

"AURELIA!" The serenity is broken when I hear Cheveyo's harsh voice cut through the rain and echo into my ears. Instantly, a smirk flutters it's way onto my dampening muzzle. My audits flick backwards and flatten against my ivory mane. Why must she come now? Why can't I be left in the cold rain? I want to think, does no one understand this? I want to be left alone, to analyze everything, to see to it that I have a plan, to tell myself that there is light at the end of this tunnel called life.

"What do you want?" I chuckle softly as I continue. My voice almost to quiet to go very far. Almost inaudible. "Can't you see that I am busy? Leave me alone." I stop laughing. I'm dead serious now. I want to be alone. I want to sulk, not to talk. I don't feel like talking, I feel like getting wet from the rains of the heavens. If only I would burn out... then I wouldn't be able to hurt anyone else. If only Mauja had killed me that night on the beach. If he had, I would not have to be here, being pushed around like some rag doll.

Mauja. His name floats around in my thoughts. It's a bittersweet feeling I get from him. He drives me crazy, but I still feel so attracted to him. It's hard to explain... but when I'm near him I get butterflies up and gut. His beautiful eyes, his shiny blue horn, or maybe it's his voice that has me crazy. I won't say I'm in love, though. I can't say it. I don't even understand stallions. Aren't they all like Rostislav and Voodoo? I was just another lay for them, wasn't I? They didn't want a family, they wanted a fucking fuck, but fuck them. FUCK STALLIONS. "Cheveyo... get to the point. Why have you call my name?" I speak softly and sigh afterwords.

walkwalkwalk
"blah blah blah."
ooc:; Set BEFORE Aurelia challenges Kahlua and AFTER Aurelia is returned from the Hidden Falls :D Please only people that can do quick replies! :3

Semper

The strange sense of calm that had been plastered like a stage mask across the white and gold mare's features shattered like the glass of the walls when my voice rang out through the sheets of rain. I could almost see pieces of the mask falling to the wet ground at her hooves as her harks slammed back against her pink tinged skull. So she wasn't happy to hear from me, that meant I was doing my job right even though she didn't seem to think that she had eyes on her constantly. There was definitely someone watching her at every waking moment and occasionally every sleeping moment as well, but that was a story for a different day. There was no need to spoil all of the secrets so early in the day.
I watch as her shoulders and head begin to bob and shake with laughter, her kissers moving to form words that I cannot hear through the sound of the rain hitting on the puddles that were already beginning to form. My harks swiveled from their place against my own skull to focus on the mare and hopefully capture anything that she had to say, not that it was overly important to me whatever nasty words she was flinging into the air about me. As I was nearly positive that she was cursing me and whatever descendants I could possibly have for interrupting the insanity of her pacing. One day she would thank me for all of this, when she was free to roam once more, free to get back to fucking anything with a penis..back to popping out multiple children while she was still just a child herself.
I pitied her children, it was a hard life they were forced to live with a mother who's mental capacity was that of a newborn foal. A foal so new it was still slick with blood and whatever other innards they fell from their mothers with. It was sad and revolting that someone like her felt it necessary to bring life into this sad world. But it was the mare's finally audible words that brought my attention away from her children, wherever they may be, and back into the wet reality we were standing in. "Cheveyo... get to the point. Why have you call my name?" I rolled my eyes inwardly at the younger mare as she spoke to me as if I were the one younger than her. As if I were the one that needed constant supervision so she wouldn't run off and try to burn other innocent people. "Are you trying to put your fire out?" In any other context my words could have been taken as a joke, something that could be tossed between friends. But my ward was the furthest thing from a friend that I had, and damn was I glad it was that way. My blonde tail flicked against my ankles as I thought over my words for a moment before cracking a vicious grin in the direction of the mare. "Actually, I was going to see if you would rather come stand under here where it is dryer. But the idea of your fire getting put out is too interesting of an option." Normally, even if I didn't like the creature there would still be some politeness left in my voice, I wouldn't be so blatantly rude to the other. But Aurelia was an all new kind of stupid that deserved any pain that was thrown her way, injuring innocents and ruining the name of your family was inexcusable and one day she would learn that her actions had consequences.

"Speech."
Tag;; @[Aurelia]
Words;; 612
OOC;; -pets grumpy Chev-

please tag Cheveyo!!

baylee

She doesn't answer my laughter or my words. Is she deaf? Gods, have mercy. I've been assigned to an imbecile. I tell her to leave me alone, and she doesn't. Why do I feel like and old man that has to chase the little kids off my lawn? Can't she just leave? I tell her to get to the point, and she responds, but not in a way that is favorable to me. If I had raised her, she'd know to respect horses of higher tier, whether they be rude or not. "Are you trying to put your fire out?" Why is everyone in Helovia so cruel? It's not like I want to be out here. Shall we bring up my fear of water? Ugh, everyone's so insensitive. "Perhaps, Cheveyo." I say with a long sigh at the end. My magic is a burden and a gift. It's a curse as well as an upgrade. When I get angry, it just turns on.

"If I am trying to "Put out my fire", I believe it'd be better if it were actually on. Because at this point, I'd say it'd be easier to kill myself." Why do I continue to tell her this? She'll be happy if I'm sad. She'll roll around in the fact that my life sucks. Well, maybe my life doesn't suck? Mauja said it was just me creating this little fantasy. Cheveyo is part of my family. I don't care if she doesn't like me... that doesn't mean I have to hate her. "Actually, I was going to see if you would rather come stand under here where it is dryer. But the idea of your fire getting put out is too interesting of an option." Her voice is loud in my ears, and somehow slices through the rain. Is she used to yelling? She doesn't seem like that type. Rather, she seems pleasant.

"I'd pass, anyways. The rain feels refreshing." There is no malice in my words, and I let my ears perk up. Shilva squirms in between my wings again. I let out a low whinny and she lets out an aggravated hiss. She's so feisty. Much like me, in a strange way. Slowly, I halt and let my body sink to the wet ground. Shilva gets down from her resting position and starts to crawl around me, and I just admire her beauty. The rain drenches us both, but it seems the little snake enjoys it. Today, I know I enjoy it.

walkwalkwalk
"blah blah blah."
ooc:; Set BEFORE Aurelia challenges Kahlua and AFTER Aurelia is returned from the Hidden Falls :D Please only people that can do quick replies! :3 @[Cheveyo]

Semper

Leaving would be too easy at this point, too satisfying to the crazy gold and white mare who seemed to loathe my presence with every single fiber of her being. Of course I could always turn around or call out for Kaj, either one of those options were the easy way out and it was just too much fun tormenting the already insane creature with taunting words. I felt bad for tormenting her fragile mental state as it was, but the fact that she egged me on constantly kept me from being too terribly upset about it, upset enough that I would give her the space she seemed to so desire.
Maybe if I did give her enough space she would do something ridiculous again and get sent far away from the World's Edge and all that thrived in the broken glass wall. But the mare's response to my question drew my orchid pools back to her, away from the wall that would be being taken down in order to build other things in the trees. "Perhaps, Cheveyo." My harks swiveled forwards as she sighed into the rain, as if that was going to make me leave her alone. I shook my whitewashed skull ever so slightly as my tongue clicked against the roof of my mouth in a tsk tsk tsk fashion before my vocal chords began to vibrate and words began to flow from my rosy kissers. "Seems as though you are doing it wrong." Although it wouldn't surprise me if the two toned mare did in fact manage to put out her own flames incorrectly, as it seemed she much preferred extinguishing them against the flesh of innocent people who were just trying to keep their families safe from insane trespassers.
"If I am trying to "Put out my fire", I believe it'd be better if it were actually on. Because at this point, I'd say it'd be easier to kill myself." Aurelia's next string of words bothers me, hits a heartstring that I was praying wouldn't be touched while in the middle of a conversation with her, one that I could deal with for anyone else but this mare. Chestnut harks swiveled back as a worried expression crosses over my striped features, so the crazy mare was suicidal? As much as the idea of her being suicidal shouldn't surprise me, it throws me through a loop while I think over the events of the past month or so. Everything could have been avoided had the mare simply took a step back for a moment and thought before reacting to whatever it was that she had going on around her. I swallowed hard, my voice dropping a level or two in the volume department as I looked at the mare that I now hated, and pitied. "You are crazy as all hell, but even you deserve better than killing yourself."
As I falsely offered Aurelia the additional coverage beneath the trees, it seemed as if she eased up a bit, her mind going elsewhere as her harks lifted ever so slightly before she replied. "I'd pass, anyways. The rain feels refreshing." Her own words are softer and the malice that had been laced through the beginning of our encounter seemed to be washed away in the rain as she lowered her body to the muddy ground. For a moment a flash of panic flickered through my frame, thinking I had somehow pushed her into one of those fits she seemed to have whenever things got thick. But that flame was extinguished when the brown snake slithered off of her frame and into a puddle of the rain water where it moved around as if playing in the water. My skull tilted to the side slightly as I wondered if that was a normal thing for snakes, or if this one was just as weird as it's bonded, but I remained silent.

"Speech."
Tag;; @[Aurelia]
Words;; 656
OOC;; e.e playing catch up on posts sucks

please tag Cheveyo!!

baylee

Her voice shatters through the beautiful sound of the rain. My eyes fixed on Shilva, who slithers beside me. She lets out a short hiss, her forked tongue slipping out of her mouth as she does so. "You are crazy as all hell, but even you deserve better than killing yourself." Suddenly, Shilva's innocent eyes turn to stare at Cheveyo. Did she understand that Cheveyo just called me crazy? "Shilva." I only say her name, but it's effective, because when I do say it, she retreats her gaze from Cheveyo. With a soft sigh, my lips split apart, and I begin to speak to Cheveyo, to Shilva, to anyone who cared to listen. "You see, Cheveyo, crazy horses think crazy things, but I merely act crazy. Perhaps the world will always see me as insane, but I just feel misunderstood." I sigh softly as I think of my children. Faeanne and Ryuu, two children that are the result of my misunderstood thoughts and crazy actions. "My two children, Faeanne and Ryuu, where not supposed to happen. Being approached by two intoxicated stallions was extremely scary. I couldn't tell if they wanted to mount me, lacerate me, or if they were just going to leave me alone. The stench of the poison they drank is still too vivid in my mind. I look at my children and I see my mistakes. I went to the Hidden Falls to see if one of the bastards lived there. I didn't want to leave until I got a word with him." I can recall, quite vividly, the feeling of being denied what I wanted. Seven or so horses told me to leave. I didn't want to leave. I wanted to see Rostislav. I wanted to see him. "Of course, right before I was electrocuted, he came, but it was a little too late. I got to see him be the douche he is. He spoke to me, but his words... I didn't hear them. Then, I was knocked out and dragged away like a carcass. I was just another pest."

The rain feels soothing. I want to light myself up and just rage, but I can't. Not now. I want to tell someone what I feel. "You see, when I first got here, I was attacked by a stallion. He wanted my wings, and ever since then I've been demented. I've been that mare. The one that the leaders task horses to watch. It's a job for people to be near me. A stallion told me that I've warped the world and created myself as a lonely, insane mare, but I don't see that. I told him the world was warped when I was born. I've realized that I just don't fit in here. I don't fit in anywhere. I feel like a weed compared to all the beautiful roses living in Helovia." Tears form in my eyes, but the rain makes it seem like I am not crying. The rain washes away my tears.

walkwalkwalk
"blah blah blah."
ooc:; WOAHHH. rofl, this is how aurelia expresses herself. xDD @[Cheveyo]

baylee
Olen' and I have decided this thread can be archived. c: