Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 6 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
Rhiannon
We Talked, Together Sharpening a Knife
Like Killing Partners for a Life
Hey, We can Hide the Bodies on the Ride Home

She had returned.

Two-toned eyes - one rich gold, the other shining silver, stared hard at the expanse of land that was laid bare before her, gaze cold, uncertain, calculating... These lands were not the same as she remembered. Hell, Helovia wasn't the same that she had remembered. For so long she had lived in darkness, hidden away from the rest of the world... But now, she was here, walking among the living once more.

Rhiannon's neck arched, her head held high and proud, and daringly she stomped a hoof. On the outside, she was the visualization of calm, collected, perhaps a little annoyed... But on the inside, her mind ran amuck with youthful worry. Father? Mother? Talbot? Where were they? Where had they gone? Had they come back here, after the world had shook and the dead had walked, and sanity had reigned anew? Crowley and Arah... Had they returned to the glacial chill of the Basin?

She hadn't seen them since living in the caves.

Please, her mind chimed in bitterly, the flick of her frosted tail the only sight of her internal conflict, What are you, a child? You're damn near an adult, girl. Make this your home again, even if they aren't here. Do whatever the fuck you want. But what would she do? Oh, if only it was that easy. Instinct would have her seeking out the cave that had once belonged to the Weaver to see if he still called that place home... But for now...

"I have a life to live," she said, her voice not as near as strong as she would have liked, and she paused to clear her throat before going on, "Here. To serve." Because all along, hadn't that been what she had wanted? To serve her Majesties, whoever they may be? Once more, Nonnie snorted, an ear swiveling back. "As long as they're competent." Because with the hell that Helovia had become, the changes and strange happenings, who was to say that her Lord and Lady were the same that they had been before the dead invaded the earth?

Taking a step further into the permafrost, gold and silver eyes narrowed, Rhiannon lifted her head and beckoned whoever ruled over these lands. Was it Illynx? Deimos, perhaps? Had Psyche returned?

"My Lord or Lady!" Rhiannon shouted, allowing her vocals to sweep across the lands, allowing any and all to hear, "Hear my call, and grant me an audience! I want to return home!"

And on the growing night, the eve of the beautiful borealis that shone over head, nothing had ever been so clear.

"Let me come home..."

@[Illynx]

ooc: Nonnie's finally returning to the rest of the world. Free for anyone to join. :3

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

& not to pull your halo down
around your neck and tug you to the ground, but...
A smell permeates from within a borders, familiar but different, distinct from the others for it is marked by the myriad stench of the wilderness and not the crisp, cold pines of her mountain. She turns her face towards the entrance, the silhouette of the sentinel a marker easily denoting the slight clearing even though she does not need it; this place is the top of her knee, known and familiar.

It’s why the smell is so intriguing, sending the slightly chubby Lady (who had yet to burn off her baby baring fat) and child out towards the gate. For once, she didn’t have to beckon for him to follow, the boy growing accustomed to being toted about by his mother like some glorified living handbag flaunted to all kinds of people he didn’t know and wasn’t sure he cared to yet.

None of these decisions were his own. And so when they cleared the top of the hill and his golden eyes fell upon a young lady who was dark like he was with two horns rising from her brow, he’s quite pleased with today’s meet and greet. He hasn’t met the other foals in the herd yet, and this one, aside from moon-eyes and his Thistle Sister, was the youngest they had met. Quite excited, an added bounce makes its way into his step as they close the last bit of distance between them, young eyes peering up at his mother to see her reaction to the girl at their door.

His mother is looking at the sentinel, who has done nothing to the girl, and then, finally, to the damsel herself, and Rikyn finds a faint sense of recognition cross his dam’s tricky mask before she is all smiles and regal moonlight halting just before the returning daughter.

They’d caught her words as they approached, the boy wondering who she belonged to if she was all alone and they were not here to bring her in instead of mother.

"Rhiannon?" she guesses, sweetly framed in her white smile and tilting crown as she seems to search the horizon behind the young mare, "You’re alone." The Lady sounds sad, wondering where the former Weaver could be if he is not with his beloved daughter, while Rikyn only wonders who mother alludes to and if they’re important. It seems she knows everyone with a horn in this damn kingdom and so it’s no surprise to him that she is aware of this Rhiannon’s family, but its also not clear that her parents or siblings are of any mention such as his father or mother were.

"But you have grown!" cheer returns to the golden wench’s features as she sweeps her eyes across the height of the girl, last remembering her standing just below her father’s shoulder and impressed with the muscle and height she as acquired since then, "It is good to know you are well. Where did life sweep you away to, if I might ask?"

[ OOC: Ahaha I have a table with these lyricsssss ~ irony. We has it. ]

I'm more than a little curious how
you are planning to go about making your amends to the dead
with your halo slipping down, your halo slipping, your halo slipping down
slipping down to choke you now.

image by candy<3
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Rhiannon Posts: 76
Outcast atk: 4.0 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 6 Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sparrow
Rhiannon
We Talked, Together Sharpening a Knife
Like Killing Partners for a Life
Hey, We can Hide the Bodies on the Ride Home

As it turned out, Rhiannon didn't have to wait long for one to stumble across her. It was a blessing, for she was so ready to be settled back home again, to make something of herself and do something with her life aside from standing in the shadow of her parents.

Ebony and gold greeted her first, and Rhiannon's dual-toned eyes relished the sight of the GildedBlade, soaking in the sight of the Aurora Basin's Lady, eyes unabashedly memorizing and staring upon her plump curvature. Mares, Nonnie had discovered as she had aged, were far more appealing than cut-throat, testosterone fueled stallions. More than once, in her months of hiding in the shadows, the brindled youth desired the company of the fair mares that filled Helovia. Eagerness and pleasure shone within the filly's eyes, and it was impossible to miss.

A youngling trotted along at her Lady's heels, dusty and handsome and quite familiar, although Rhiannon couldn't quite place how. Perhaps she had seen his sire, once in the past... She could see Illynx in the youth, but it seemed as though he may have taken after more of his father's genetics than those of his mother. A pity.

'Rhiannon? Illynx's voice caused Rhiannon's head to snap upwards and away from the colt, gold and silver orbs settling firmly once more on the form of her Lady. Good Gods above, the GildedBlade remembered her name? The realization caused her mouth to water with spittle and desire. 'You're alone.'

"My Lady," Rhiannon stated with a dip of her head, a formal bow to her Queen, briefly wondering how her voice even worked before her mind screamed 'fuck it' and she kept talking, "Yes. I... Assume then that my Father and Mother haven't returned?" The wretched young girl that was hidden in her breast beneath anger and bitterness was pained at the notion, but there was no physical sign of distress on the brindled one's face. Nonnie had always been close to Crowley and Arah, even though the white mare hadn't been her blood mother, yet that had never mattered... But that was then, and this was now.

At Illynx's proclamation, that she had grown, Nonnie's heart nearly burst with pride and she straightened with a nod of her twisted crowns. Oh, yes, she had grown. No longer was she an awkward-legged thing, much like the colt at her Queen's side, but a growing warrior, dedicated to serve. Once more her eyes briefly glanced to his, this dusty-golden Prince, before focusing more on her Lady. Her Sovereign. "It pleases me to see you well, too, Lady Illynx, and a mother now, from the sights of it. What is his name?"

Nonnie paused long enough for an answer, then went on. "Life... Swept me into a pit of wretched, terrible darkness, my Lady, but I have pulled myself out and never have I seen so clearly as I do now. I... I wish to return home, to the Basin. I miss the skies of this place, the borealis that welcomed me into the world so many moons ago... And I miss purpose, and belonging. I miss my kind. I want to return and serve you, if you'll have me."

A brief tone of begging, of desperation and painful yearning coated her words, but her eyes, temporarily filled with such suffering, remained rooted to Illynx's form, ears swiveling forward, lips quivering.

Please, please, say I can come home.

@[Illynx]

Arwen Posts: 15
Deceased
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 8 Months
Frostie
I'll Listen To Your Sweet Lies,
Only If They Are Better Than Mine.
Watching a snow hare hop away, Arwen laughed and began to case it. Bounding through the trees and light snow that covered this part of The Basin; the filly laughed with joy. When the rabbit ducked under a log and did not reappear out the other side, Arwen sighed in frustration. Sticking her own head under the log, the golden shaded filly began to search for the rabbit. "Come on! I know you're under there!" When the rabbit did not show itself, the ivory filly withdrew her head in disappointment. Sighing she turned around looking for something else to play with, there was only so many rabbits and mother had forbidden her from talking to them.The voices that crept into her head whenever she left her guard down. Skipping away from the rabbit and it's log, a scent soon crossed her nostrils that was brand new. Following her nose, the young girl wondered a short distance before emerging between some tress. Walking closer she finally made out three figures, her eyes rested on Lady Illynx but the other two she didn't know. One was a colt, a little younger than herself who was clinging to Illynx side. The new comer looked just like papa...only different and obviously she was a girl.

"Lady Illynx!" Arwen called breathlessly. Walking up with her usual clumsiness, the ivory filly smiled at the Lady and then at the smaller colt. "Hi!" A beaming smile at the darker coloured youngster, it was only cut off when a coughing fit shook her tiny frame. The cough she had been born with was easing everyday, yet it still affected her horribly when a spell came over her. After it finally passed, the lightly coloured girl turned to the new female that she had never met before. "You look like my papa!" She informed the brindled mare, a smile on her face even though her voice was slightly accusing. Wait. What if she looked like papa because she ate him?! With a gasp, Arwen looked up at the brindled princess with wide eyes. "Did you eat him? Is that why mumma can't find him?" Looking to Lady Illynx for support, Arwen waited for the new comer to respond. Mumma was going to be furious when she found out that papa had gone and gotten himself eaten. "Mumma is going to be mad and sad." A sigh from Arwen lips and she turned back towards The Basin as if she expected Arah to appear out of thin air. If not Arah then Wynter, that griffin always seemed to know what she was up too and then it would fly away and tell her mother.
Dibber Dobber.

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

& not to pull your halo down
around your neck and tug you to the ground, but...
Greetings among kin are always sweet, she muses as the welcoming phrases slide between the two women, one dark and the other chocolate; her son has grown bored with the women as soon as it seems it just going to be another one of these conversations revolving around the darkness he had disastrously missed out on being a part of (for it seemed to be a highly common topic and one of great adventure and mystique) and looks around them with an ear angled to the talk slipping between the pretty one called Rhiannon and his flashy ignoramus of a mother.

"Your mother is here," she says after a pause, having to search her memory considerably harder for times she had seen the now grown filly alongside her dam; so similar in appearance was the babe to her father that Illynx found it without much surprise that she had clung to the one who so obviously had won out in the genetic structuring of the child, "she remained with us through the darkness and is recovering from a recent assault, but she is well." Illynx does not know that Rhiannon is not truly of Arah’s body – she does not care.

Such things are beyond her concern.

"You have sisters, now," she adds offhandedly, wondering if those she speaks of are near and might venture into their gathering, but the conversation at hoof keeps her eyes poised on the newfound curvature of little Nonnie, wondering at the marvels of time and how it molded even the sweetest of children into weapons that flashed in the mountain vale. It fills her with deep hope for her son, who has withdrawn from the conversation to such a point that he no longer listens with a single ounce of his observatory power.

She smiles as the mention of the child draws his golden eyes back towards them with an eager glisten, wonder at why it is he has been drawn to the lips of this pretty and much older girl and finding the answer to be quite simple and droll as most other times he becomes a part of the verbal commentary. "He is called Rikyn," she chimes, and the boy smiles as if to say ”Right here!” before returning to his daydreams.

Her brows rise and ears tilt heavily towards the daughter of the former Weaver as she delves into her explanations for her absences, words that she’s heard several times already as her kin trickles back in through the front gate that differ only slightly. They tell of fear, of not knowing; but most stinging of all these weaknesses were what they reflected onto herself and the dark stallion who ruled this place alongside her, that they had failed to provide a pillar for them to cling to when the winds peaked and the snow blew in swift and deep on the mountainous gusts.

It does not read on her face, but for a brief flickering in her eyes that could mean a million things cross her thoughts.

She cut short as her son nickers into the balmy air, a sound of friendly greeting that is alight with his enthusiasm upon discovering that it is another child.

He, at first, believes it to be Aithniel, until he spies that the shoulders are bare upon the girl and that his mother is looking at her with some degree of warmth rather than disgust as she does his sister. "Speak of the devil," his mother says with a smirk as she glances back to Rhiannon. Rikyn’s smile is broad and hopeful as he withdraws from his youthful games and trots back towards the women he’d wandered away from, his grin growing all the brighter as the other girl greets him – but then she coughs, a terrible sound, and his features fall.

Is she sick? Why hasn’t her mother taken her to see Lena, that nice lady his mom talks about all the time? What was her job again? The Line Mender?

"Concageious?" he asks, drawing a tinkling laugh from his dam at his attempt to utilize the word he’d learned during her tales of the wraiths and gently correcting him. "Contagious, darling, and no, I don’t think so."

At that, his smile is back and he sidles up towards the filly’s side, happy as a cat in a fish tree to have someone he might lure away to play with him rather than droll, confusing adult talk that seemed to devour all of his time.

What the girl says next is indeed interesting, a concept he would have never arrived to on his own had she not made it known to him that this woman looked a lot like another person who had once been here and helped make the golden girl as his father had helped make him. He looks to the black and white mare with horror on his face, glancing to his mother with auspicious hope that the filly is wrong and the mare is not a cannibalistic man eater.

"She’s your sister, Arwen," answers his mother sweetly with her same chiming laughter, and Rikyn breathes a sigh of relief and settles back into the conversation comfortably.

"As to coming home," she says, looking to Rhiannon with her smile still floating on her delicate and graceful face, "our family is always welcome. The rules are the same as they have always been, though the faces that uphold them have changed. Your sire is not the only one lost; Faelene, Zuriel, Belial… these are siblings I have not seen in too long." She sighs, her smile twitching in the corners as if it will fall before she is back in her full regale. "I am glad to have you here, safe. May the Lord of Storms guide your father and the others home as well."

I'm more than a little curious how
you are planning to go about making your amends to the dead
with your halo slipping down, your halo slipping, your halo slipping down
slipping down to choke you now.

image by candy<3
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission.