the Rift

[JUDGED] it's a new day [kahlua challenge]

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
It's funny how I crave power now. Yesterday, I would've felt bad for taking away Kahlua's power as a Queen, but today... I don't feel bad. She is weak. She couldn't even get through my return without closing her eyes. Kaj, well, lets just say that he isn't really on my good side right now. He seems like a warrior, though. He is strange and tall, this is why I have chosen Kahlua to challenge. She needs to learn to fight for herself if she can't. Her title is the Sunshower for God's sake. Sunshowers aren't very terrifying. Storms, however, are. This is why I was chosen to fight the shower, not the storm.

I don't really know how to go about this. My lack of experience gives me an immediate disadvantage. How do I get her here? Does merely calling her name out loud bring her to me? "Kahlua...?" My voice is soft, too soft. There is no way Kahlua will be able to hear it unless she is rather close to me. The wind whistles through the World's Edge Forest. Do I really want to fight in this heavily wooded area? After thinking for a moment, I decide that is a bad idea. I pick up a steady canter. Eventually, the trees filter out into an open field-type thing. Then, there is a cliff. I like this set up. I mean, it's not like I am going to through Kahlua off the cliff, but she'll have to be more careful than me, because I am the one with the wings. "KAHLUA!" My voice is loud. Will she think something is wrong? I highly doubt she'll come and attack me, so maybe I'll have to be the first to attack. I don't necessarily like to do that, but I have to. Next to me, Shilva is hissing, as if she knows what I am going to do. I hope she knows to bite Kahlua... if not, she'll have to learn pretty quickly.

Now, I think about what I am going to do. I feel like it'd be beneficial for me to be in the air and attack her from above, but then again... I could stay on the ground and burn her. Those are my only plans for now, but that may change mid-fight. I mean, I don't really want to burn or kill Kahlua... I just want to win this fight. Imagine me as lead. Ya, it may seeeeem scary, but I think I'll be a good lead. I may not be the most easy-to-get-along-with lead, but a giod one.or maybe I'll suprise everyone and be the best lead ever. That'd kinda cool. What would I make my title? Maybe the FireQueen. I don't know. Will I even win? Do I have a chance? I hope so. Has Kahlua ever fought before? Hey, maybe that'll be better for me. Two newbies fighting is more equal than a battle god and a newbie.

ooc:; 500 words. 0/4 Attacks + a defense. Hey, so aurelia is challenging for the position of lead. @[Kahlua]. This is set midday next to the cliffs in the World's Edge. 4 attacks, magic and companions allowed. Aurelia just calls Kahlua i this post. If you have any wuestions, feel free to ask me! :D I've never really fought so this may be roughhhhh. Good luck! <3

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
@[Aurelia] Please put the name of who you're challenging in the title. Because no attacks have started yet you can edit the post without penalty.
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
KAHLUA
Sprawled on the floor of her little copse of trees, Kahlua felt the wind blowing against her hide and the metal scorpion that had been crafted crawling all over her body. As the small creation clicked and whirred, Kahlua tried to let the sound calm her down but it didn't seem to be helping. Her breaths still came too fast, her heart still fluttered in her chest, her muscles still trembled beneath her skin. The mare was stressed, more stressed than she had ever been, and she knew that none of Resplendence's medicine would heal her. What she needed was a moment with her king, a moment where she could collapse beneath his wings and huddle against him. She needed to cry into his side where wing met shoulder, to have his feathers brush over her, to feel herself tented beneath his broad and comforting wing. Still, she knew better than to bother him right now. He was busy, on a mission, and she had to respect that. The girl loved her job as queen, but sometimes it was too much.

Ah, but the job of a queen was never done and no matter how stressed she was, no matter how much she just wanted to curl into a ball and die instead of answering Aurelia's call, she had obligations to her herd. Rising from the ground, giving one last longing look at all of her toys scattered about the ground, Kahlua shook herself off and attempted to at least make herself presentable. One, two, three deep breaths to try and give herself some peace and Kahlua was off. An easy trot warmed her muscles as she moved, traipsing through the trees, until she came to the cliffs where she thought the voice had come from.

“Aurelia,” she said, trying to manage a meager smile but even the brilliant Sunshower could not find one on this day. All she could think of when she looked at Aurelia was too many Falls members at her borders, an angry Blood Empress, a screaming golden child, seizures, Kaj's explosion, her magic trying to sooth them all... she shuddered. “What can I do for you?” Her voice betrayed her emotional exhaustion. It was almost worse than the month of sleepless nights she had spent building that stupid glass wall that now lay shattered at their border. Almost, except that she could escape physical exhaustion with sleep. Mental exhaustion... it haunted her even in her dreams. At least Aurelia looked chipper, she thought, as her blue eyes rested on the chaotic Seer.

Post| 0/4
WC| 429
OOC| Edited to add post number/word count
the sunshower
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

baylee

At first, I think she won't come. Has she ignored my call? Ignored my challenge? This will not do, so I start to pace furiously back and forth. My wings are held tightly at my sides. Each step I take is quick and rough, like a machine in need of some serious oil. I feel delicate and frail, so knowing that I am about to charge (what I assume) is a healthy mare and try to beat her in battle is an idea that frightens me. I do not pace for long, as it seems the ivory mare with obsidian splotches has heard her name screamed out into the rather quiet surroundings. As she approaches me, I become embarrassed. Do I really want to do this? Last time I saw her, I started convulsing on the floor, and the horses with me had to hold me in place so I wouldn't accidentally hurt myself. Maybe when I saw Kahlua close her doe-eyes, as if she was pretending nothing was happening, I realized she was not the best fit for the crown. How does she close her eyes knowing I am on the floor being restrained?

I abruptly halt, and my stern expression shows I mean business. I readily face her as I brace myself. If she attacks me prematurely, I will be ready. Kahlua, you will not win. With my gaze staring at her, my lips peel apart from each other as my voice flutters into the air. Kahlua... I realize I have made mistakes, and you may not think of me the same as you did when you first met me. I cannot be angry at you for this, and I do not want you to forget my mistakes. They are a warning, perhaps. I pause for a moment, allowing her to register what my steady voice has said. As I resume, I let my gaze analyze her. I might as well know what I am up against now. You should have kicked me out sooner, but it is too late. If I lose, I will peacefully leave the Edge... A smirk crawls across my face. If I win, I become lead, and you step down from your throne.

She must know what I mean now, and if she doesn't.. she will figure it out. As I stand in front of her, facing her, staring at her, I begin to move. I lunge forward, into a quick gallop. My legs are obviously shorter than other legs, but they move quickly. I do not care if I look beautiful, I only care how fast I go. I aim at her right side, but her shoulder is exactly where I aim. My goal is to smash my body into hers, to throw her off of balance. Maybe it will bruise her, but I am not sure if this type of hit will do anything, but knock her off-balance. This is the reason I will my coat to ignite on fire. I am a phoenix, something feared, not confronted. Will she run, or play the game of adults with me? Now the time has come to hope that I hit her right shoulder with my fiery left shoulder. Everything will happen quick. In a few strides, I am where I think she is. Time to brace myself for impact (or failure?).

As quickly as I attempt to attack her, I run away. If I hit her, this would be good, and it is even better to run away after. Now, she'll have to run to me to get a hit. Ha, sucks for her! This is the plus side of challenging a horse and not being the challenged. I decide who attacks first, and I can make a get-away after this very first attack. Later in the battle, if our legs become entwined in a kicking match, I will not be able to run easily, but I can now. So, casually, I try circle around her at a slow paced canter. If she moves, I may not be circling around her anymore, and she may be attacking me, so I keep my eyes peeled. Kahlua, if you have not figured it out yet.. I am challenging you! I let out a slightly evil laugh, but it is short-lived so I may keep my eyes on what she is doing. Let the games begin. As quickly as it came, my fire leaves. I am back to my normal self.

Walk walk walk
Talk talk talk
ooc:; 1/4 Attacks + 0/1 Defense. 746 Words.
Summary: Aurelia aims her body at Kahlua's right shoulder. She hopes to hit Kahlua's right shoulder with her left shoulder. Aurelia is also on fire, to try to burn her also. After she tries to attack, she runs away and just gallops around her in a circle.
Injuries: None
Image Credits

KAHLUA
It may have been smarter for the painted queen to just lay in her copse and lament the chaos that troubled her. Kahlua may have been dense but even she could see the hard look of determination in Aurelia's eyes. Something here was not right. She should have stayed far, far away. But she was not far away- she was here. Here at what used to be her favorite place in the whole draconian forest, here where Antheia threw herself to her death, here where Aurelia was about to challenge her and she could do nothing about it. Here where her heart was about to break.

Aurelia's words left the queen feeling nothing short of confused. “We can fix this,” Kahlua offered during the pause in words; however, the queen's helpful and hopeful optimism quickly fled her body. Slowly, the rusted cogs in the girl's dusty brain began to creak and groan into motion. This was not the friendly meeting that she had anticipated but Kahlua could not put her hoof on exactly what was wrong until...

Aurelia lunged. In that moment, Kahlua could have picked any words, any set of syllables, to fall from her lips in a disbelieving gasp. She picked only one- “Kaj.” The word was soft, a whisper, barely a breath that crossed her lips as her blue eyes grew wide and she began to dance nervously on her hooves. “Kaj!” She called again, louder, not a second after the first time she had spoken his name, as Aurelia bore down upon her.

In that instant, Kahlua might have believed time frozen as a flame-doused Aurelia closed the final stride between the two of them. The queen's muscles bunched beneath her but she hardly noticed. Her mind was whirling back to that time she had fought Ricochet high upon the mountain and then to the time she had defended the Edge here in the woods. Those memories only brought her was pain, anguish and terror. She was not a fighter, did not wish to harm others, did not pray to the gods for magic that would make her mightier. Kahlua prayed for peace and safety for her herd, for Helovia if she could manage it, and nothing more.

“KAJ!” she screeched then, her voice devolving into a terrible, grating noise that filled the ancient forest. He would know the sound all too well- it was the same one she had screamed from the fiery pits of hell when she and Res had been attacked by a living nightmare. Her vocal cords burned with the effort of the shriek but the peaceful queen feared for her life and she did not know what else to do except scream the name of her beloved, benevolent king. She had faith that he would save her, faith that he would envelop her in his strong wings and shield her from the harm that had befallen her this day. But not yet, not in this moment, because he still had to reach her and she had to move.

Her muscles tensed and ready, Kahlua threw her body to the left. The motion was far from graceful- the queen was not made for fighting and had not practiced her skills- but the chaotic flailing at least saved her from the physical assault that Aurelia had attempted. As for the flames... Kahlua only knew one solution to magic- the very gods themselves. The shock amulet that swung in her hair shattered, deflecting the flames away from her body not a moment too soon. The heat made her shoulder uncomfortably warm but the fire did not burn her, did not singe her hair or scorch her flesh. Her acts of cowardice had saved her, for the moment, but even then the queen could not find it in herself to follow after the golden traitor.

“Aurelia! Don't do this!” The Sunshower's words wavered with fear, even in the face of a two year old mare who thought of nothing but her own wants and needs. Kahlua was frightened, frozen, rooted into place on the earth. Tears glistened in the corners of her eyes as she tried to meet the Seer's gaze. No part of the queen wanted to fight the mare that she had called family and she could not find the bravery that was required of her anyways. “Please...” she begged again, her normally dancing soprano devolving into a choking whine.

As she waited for a response, one more memory invaded her consciousness. It was Tyradon warning her that there would always be those who were not content with what power they had and would want more. She had not believed him when he had called her naïve... it seemed she had been wrong.

Post| 1/4
WC| 790
OOC| Kahlua used her spark amulet that deflects magic back upon the user- +2 damage and +2 defense.
the sunshower
Image Credit

baylee

She sees that I am not joking. She sees me lunging at her, but all she does is call for Kaj. Why can't she defend her land like a true leader should? "Stop calling Kaj! It's just you and me, Kahlua!" My voice is angry, yet it shouldn't scare the mare too much. Am I really frightening? I do not know how I feel about her reaction to me. As I lunge at her, she starts flailing about. She decides to use her amulet instead of actually fighting. Well, yea... I have two amulets, but you don't see me using them? I probably would, but they are not currently charged with magic, so they don't actually do anything or can't as of this moment.

As she uses her amulet, I feel my own heat come at me. How dare she use my magic against me? I feel the heat wrap around my left hindquarter. I think I have just burnt myself in an odd way? I don't like having my own magic used against, it is not okay with me. I try to canter a circle around her, but I am distracted and unfocused. There is an overwhelming amount of pain on my hindquarter. I've never been burnt. I admit that it does not feel good, and I know now that the Hidden Falls horses should hate me for burning them. I admittedly hate myself right now. I can't dwell on my feelings, because my thoughts are continuously ripped back to the pain engulfing my body. How did I not know fire hurts so much?

While I canter around, trying to keep my distance from Kahlua, Shilva takes charge. The young snake tries to be the hero for me and attempts to slither up behind Kahlua, and possibly get close enough to land a bite on her left hind leg around the area of her gaskin. If Kahlua is moving, she should easily be able to get away from my snake, but I'm glad Shilva is trying along with me. I just don't want her to get hurt. “Aurelia! Don't do this!” I start talking, to distract her from my rapidly approaching snake. "Don't do what?! If you can't save your herd from me, you don't deserve to be a leader! What makes you think you are a better leader than I am?" I know she didn't exactly say this, but I'm sure she is thinking about it.

Suddenly, I lunge into the air. My wings thrust open and I begin to climb higher and higher into the sky. My wounded flesh stings as the air flows across the newly forming blisters. I do not go extremely high into the air, but high enough for what I want to do. Maybe if you stacked three Kahluas on top of each other, that is how high I fly. I angle myself towards the mare. I let my hind legs dangle behind me, but my front legs are kicking around... flailing, almost. I try to get low enough so I can kick Kahlua somewhere on her back or head. Since she is a moving target, I have no idea where I'll kick her, or even if I'll kick her. Of course, she can just stands there and take it, but I highly doubt that. I'm not really sure what will happen, because I am new at these attacks. Actually, I am new at fighting. Maybe this is how I have chosen to prove myself. I do feel bad for Kahlua, because she is crying now.

Can someone see effectively while crying? I honestly do not know. All I know is that it must be kind of hard, so why does this mare put herself in this situation? I would never cry in front of my herd. Of course, I do not think they are here watching us right now, but I still wouldn't cry. She has a way of fighting that is strange... She hasn't actually attacked me, only used an amulet. Of course I am reminded every second of the burn on my butt, but I let that fuel me.

I am unsure if I had kicked her or not, but I land. I do not want to stay in air too long and get tired. So, once I land, I turn so I face where I think the mare, my opponent, is. "I'm sorry for this Kahlua, but I know you will win. I never win." I stand there, looking and the mare I challenged, saying sorry. I am soft with Kahlua. She is like a delicate lily, and I don't want to ruin her by burning her, but Kahlua has given me blisters and pain, she'll pay.

Walk walk walk
Talk talk talk
ooc:; 2/4 Attacks + 0/1 Defense. 788 Words.
Comments: These are literally the longest posts I've ever written.... xD I'm having fun, though!
Summary: She gets burnt then just canters around as Shilva tries to bite Kahlua's left hind leg, around her gaskin. Then, Aurelia takes flight and once she get high enough, she angles herself at Kahlua and flails around, trying to kick Kahlua somewhere on the back/head. Once aurelia lands, she faces where she thinks kahlua is and talks, standing still.
Injuries: Some superficial burns and some blistering on her left hindquarter.
Image Credits

KAHLUA
Kahlua did not want or mean to hurt the golden child. She could only take solace in the fact that her actions were made in self-defense instead of malice, that it had been the gods that had inflicted pain on the golden child instead of herself. When she had sparred with Ricochet she had been cornered by a raging stranger, given no choice but to fight for her very life. Later, with Farenjar, she had foolishly tried to avoid becoming a part of a non-existent warrior's tournament. Still... neither of those fights had hurt the mare's soul the way this one did. To have to fight her family was something she had yet to come to terms with.

A scream- no, a murderous bellow- and furiously flapping wings drew Kahlua's attention away from Aurelia's cantering. She turned her blue eyes to the sky, searching for the owner of the sound. It was none other than Kaj. Aurelia was wrong. She was not alone. Kahlua's heart soared, joyous and relieved. Kaj was here to help her, to be the voice of reason in this chaotic moment that the queen did not know how to handle on her own. Then others joined him and Kahlua's brow furrowed as she realized that it was Alysanne trying to stop Kaj rather than aid him. Her heart skipped a beat as she struggled to figure out why one of her best friends- her trusted councilwoman- would try to stop the king from helping her. Was Alysanne working with... No! The queen refused to believe such a thing. She would not even entertain the idea.

However, she could not consider the chaotic scene in the air any longer. Aurelia was speaking and Kahlua's now equally pained and puzzled gaze shifted downwards again. She never considered that Aurelia's biting words were simply a distraction. As the Seer's voice ripped Kahlua's heart and soul to shreds, Shilva's teeth did the same to Kahlua's flesh. The childish queen had wanted to pout, to stomp her hoof at Aurelia and give some retort to her accusations. All she could do now was scream.

A pained whinny filled the air as Shilva's teeth dug deep into their intended target- Kahlua's left gaskin. Instinctively, reflexively, the queen picked up her left hind and kicked out even as blood began to trickle down and her limb began to swell. If nothing else, snake venom was effective. “Oh Gods, I'm sorry!” she cried through clenched teeth, a single tear finally falling from her eye as she realized that she had tried to kick a companion. Had she hit the poor thing? She hoped not and looked back to try and find the snake in the grass. Even if it had bitten her, Kahlua was sure it was only through commands from Aurelia. No companion was truly evil... right?

But more distraction left the queen sorely unaware of her surroundings. She turned back to Aurelia but the mare was already in flight, headed straight towards her. Putting her left limb on the ground, the queen was assaulted by a new wave of pain. She hesitated to move, to put her full weight on the limb, and that moment of hesitation cost her. She might have been able to fully evade the flailing pegasus but she moved too slow. Kahlua's body shifted to the left (hind limb still pulsing and swelling with effects of the snake venom) as Aurelia's front hooves battered her rump.

Kahlua flailed, throwing her head into the air and tossing it to the right in reaction to the pain. Still, perhaps the chaotic movement would serve her well. Would she hit Aurelia's side or hind limbs with her head or neck? Would she throw the girl off balance and send her flying to the earth? It was a distinct possibility but the queen did not notice. She was so focused on her tightening rump muscles that she did not pay attention to what her head was or was not touching.

As the pain from her now multiple injuries continued to pulse insistently, to assault Kahlua's senses until she could think of nothing else, the normally peaceful queen began to grow angry. “THEN STOP THIS NONSENSE!” she cried out loudly, not caring that the Seer had apologized or was treating her delicately. Her tone was accusative as she placed all the blame of this situation onto Aurelia; however, even the daft queen did not expect her shouting to work- it just made her feel better. Shifting to relieve her left hind of some weight, the queen let her ears fall back upon her head. The next time Aurelia attacked, she would be ready... she hoped. Still, she couldn't help but feeling rather hurt that her friends were not helping her in this.

Post| 2/4
WC| 799
OOC| Information on Kaj and Alysanne's presence near-by found in this viewing thread. Essentially, they are in the air. Kaj is flying towards the battle and Alysanne intercepts him to stop him.
the sunshower
Image Credit

baylee

After I land, I notice a subtle throbbing in my hind left leg. My ears pin flat against my ivory neck and mane. How dare she attack me while I fly? Does she not know that if I fall and land on a wing, I could be grounded forever? Obviously, Kahlua does not care about my health, only hers. Does she not understand this challenge is not meant to kill anyone or thing? What if she kills Shilva? My fears are brought alive as I see Shilva's pale underside facing the sky. This is not how snakes move. This is not right. I gallop towards the snake, ignoring Kahlua's childish screaming.

Shilva's beady eyes are closed. She is small and delicate at this point, and I guess Kahlua has kicked her pretty hard, because the little snake's eyes do not open. They stay closed. They stay shut. Is she dead? I reach my pink muzzle towards her. I wiggle my whiskered lips around the snake, and she doesn't stir. Tears well up in my eyes and in one swift motion, I turn to face Kahlua. There is a new ferocity in my eyes. How dare she hurt my snake?! Shilva was not even three months of age! With tears beginning to stream down my cheeks, I stare at Kahlua.

My wings are tight at my sides as I begin to feel my nerves glitching out. I feel my body start to stiffen, and I will myself to not have another seizure. The last one was embarrassing and horrible. I am pissed, furious, hysterical. I am insane. I don't care if my body is stiff and I could have a seizure at any point, I am full of rage. "DAMN YOU, KAHLUA! SHE COULDN'T EVEN TALK TO ME THROUGH A BOND YET!" I scream at the top of my lungs. I see Kaj flying towards us, trying to save the day and be mister "Oh I'm so perfect! Laddyladdyda." But no. Kaj won't rescue Kahlua! I want a few moments to beat the living shit out of her before he can come.

Then with my aching hind leg, burnt butt, and teary eyes... I stare at her for a few more seconds. Bitch is the only word I can think of right now. Suddenly, I am cantering quickly towards her. I hope I am close enough to her and that she won't move away so I can kick her in the head really good. If she hasn't moved away, I assume I am close enough to lift the front of my body into a powerful rear. My front legs don't flail around. No, each kick is timed. Both legs move together. At the same time, they extend then come back in before extending again. My body isn't high enough for Kahlua to attack my stomach, so I feel slightly safe. With a loud thud, my front hooves slam back onto the ground. I lunge forward, with my mouth wide open. I try to bite down somewhere on her face and take a nice bite of skin off of her horrendously innocent face. How will she look with a nice scar?

Suddenly, I am backing away from her. Then, I turn and begin galloping away from her. Now, I try to gallop in a large circle around the mare. My ears are still pinned, and all in all, I look pretty damn furious. I check to see if Shilva is stirring, and she isn't. Well, sheeeeiiitttt. Can I take her to a medic? Surely a medic can help her, right? Tears still stream down my eyes as I continue galloping around. Surely the Dragon's Throat will be willing to help, right? I am friends with Africa and she holds the position of Oracle (or last time I was in the Throat, that was her position?). When I was pregnent, I found her at the Throat, so I assume she is still there. I must find this one-winged mare. She means everything to me and my companion's life may depend on it.

So now, I deal with Kahlua and the ever so slowly diminishing pain in my hind left leg. I know for a fact, a bruise will be there within the next few hours. The blisters on my bum... Well, those might stay for a few days unless healed. Maybe when I go to heal my companion, they can heal me too. Of course, I'd rather them heal Shilva over me. I can deal with the pain from the injuries, but a dead companion is an effect that lasts much much much longer than a few injuries. I forgot that I almost had a seizure, but then again.. I am pretty dramatic. It was probably just shock more then an oncoming seizure.

Walk walk walk
Talk talk talk
ooc:; 3/4 Attacks + 0/1 Defense. 800 Words.
Comments: i thought it'd be better more dramatic if shilva got hurt. :D
Summary: After landing, she notices a throbbing in her hind left leg. She assumes Kahlua hit her leg with her poll when she was tossing it around. She notices her companion on the ground and begins to freak out. It turns out, Shilva was thrown pretty far since after she was kicked by Kahlua. It is uncertain whether Shilva is dead of just a little.... knocked out. She runs tries to run to Kahlua and begins rearing, hoping to kick Kahlua somewhere in the head. Then, she lands. After landing, she lunges forwards and tries to bite Kahlua somewhere in the head. She turns and runs a way from Kahlua.
Injuries: Some superficial burns and some blistering on her left hindquarter. Slight throbbing in lower hind leg (like where her cannon bone is, but the skin is throbbing-- not the bone!) The throbbing is short-lived and will turn into bruises. Unconscious, possibly dead, snake companion.
Image Credits

[/quote]

KAHLUA
The recoil as her head made contact with Aurelia's left hind limb left the queen dazed and confused for a moment as a soft pulsing pain invaded her head. So much for being ready when Aurelia attacked again. Kahlua gave no consideration to the fact that she was in a fight as she lowered her head and tried to wait for the pulsing to stop. However, before the pain dissipated, the queen was met with the sounds of a shouting voice that was (for once) not her own. When the meaning of the words finally registered, Kahlua could do nothing else but turn to try and face Aurelia, horror written plainly upon her face. “Oh Gods,” she gasped as she chocked back another sob. “No... NO!” By the end Kahlua was all but screeching again as she tried to come to terms with what she had done.

More tears ran down her face as she came to the terrible realization- she had killed Aurelia's companion.

Her body shuddered with chills and the queen suddenly found that she could not move, nor did she want to. She could hear Aurelia's hooves thundering against the ground and see her closing the gap between them but there was no reason for her to evade this attack. She had committed a crime, a murder, and it went against everything she had ever preached or known. She deserved whatever punishment would be given to her, deserved for her body to be torn to shreds and have her blood leak out across the lawn. Shilva was an innocent babe, a companion that had been bonded to Aurelia's soul by the very Gods, and Kahlua had just killed her. It did not matter what Kahlua's reasons had been. In this case, as in many others, the ends did not justify the means.

Kahlua's only hope was that her punishment would not involve being thrown from the cliff edge- such a death would come too swiftly for her to feel all the pain that she deserved.

As Aurelia finally reached her and reared, Kahlua tried her best to stand still. The queen was weak and a coward so she cringed but she managed to stand her ground and did not defend herself. Aurelia's hooves hit the Sunshower squarely just beneath her ears on the right side of her head and neck. Kahlua's head rang with this new sensation that was so much worse than what she had felt before. As the world around her began to spin, Kahlua vaguely felt Aurelia's teeth scrape against her upper neck; however, the flesh they met only bruised and did not bleed.

With Aurelia galloping off, Kahlua found that the world was suddenly tipping to the left towards the cliff. The paint began to panic as she realized that the whole Edge was simply going to rotate and dump her into the ocean. “No! Not yet!” she squeaked out softly, pleading with the draconian forest not to kill her so soon. She had so much more pain to feel before she could ever repay her debt to to the Seer and her deceased companion. Kahlua began to sink to her knees in an effort to stop herself from sliding to her doom upon the rocks below.

However, as her knees began to buckle and the ringing in her head began to subside, Kahlua realized something else. If she simply fell to her knees and laid upon the ground, Aurelia would surely kill her right then and there. That would not do either. Soon, the earth began to level out and Kahlua no longer worried about sliding off the grass into the ocean so she stopped herself from sinking. She had to stand now, she had to fight back, because she had to live long enough and feel enough pain to try and make right this wrong. She did not worry that the Seer would become queen of the forest. If that ever happened, Kahlua knew that Kaj would save the herd from Aurelia's reign of terrorism.

Searching for Aurelia's circling form, Kahlua set off at a slow, limping canter and tried to angle herself so that she would meet Aurelia's right shoulder. Wobbling slightly as the harrowing pain of her swollen hind limb and battered head combined, Kahlua attempted to keep her body on course. When she thought she was a step away from Aurelia, Kahlua turned her right shoulder out and tried to ram it into Aurelia's right shoulder or rib cage. She hated this, hated every minute of it, but she had to save herself from death. She had to live on so that she could suffer. She had to live on so that Shilva could become a new nightmare to haunt her every time she slept.

Post| 3/4
WC| 797
OOC| Kahlua presumes Shilva to be dead, be this the truth or not. Permission from Red to edit this OOC comment as I accidentally left it the same as my 2/4 OOC comment.
the sunshower
Image Credit

baylee

I canter clockwise for only a short while before Kahlua says something. I listen, but do not even care. She killed Shilva. How dare she kill Shilva? My only friend, dead. Dead. DEAD, DEAD, DEAD! Can a healer revive her, can I take her to the gods? Can I ask for her back? I try to stop myself from assuming my friend is dead. Can snakes go unconscious? Maybe I am too irresponsible to have a companion. Maybe Ampere was right. Horses should not take in prisoners and call them companions.

With each stride I take, a few new blades of grass caress my tough hooves. Despite a few clouds here and there, spring is beautiful, bright, and colorful. I wish I could be something that doesn't have companions. I wish I could be something emotionless. Why do I have to feel, despite how hard I try not to? Why do I want to love, to feel loved, but can't? Why don't I ever feel happy and content? Deep within me, there is always something that wants more. Sometimes it wants happier things, but it mostly craves darkness. I do not mean night-time. I mean evil. I am a monster, and perhaps Kahlua sees it now. I am conflicted between the light and the dark. Horses probably believe there is a huge difference from good and evil, but to me, there is the finest of lines. I am a bright mare, but inside I am cold and unforgiving. Inside I am a force that brews something crueler.

So, as I gallop around Kahlua. I think of what I can do with the power I could acquire. I could take over the World's Edge, then with the power of many, all of Helovia. Me, in the seat of power. This is a nice thought. I always said I wanted peace, but I don't. I've realized that chaos is much better. I love creating drama just for the heck of it. I like seeing how horses react to me. Do they fight or coward away?

In the midst of my thought, I do not see Kahlua bounding towards me. With a renewed passion in my eyes, I pick up pace, but I am not able to avoid Kahlua's charge completely. As I look straight ahead, I don't see what part of her body she hits me with, but she hits me with something. In my clockwise motion, she is able to hit my right flank. Luckily, she doesn't hit my ribs and doesn't break any of my bones with the bulk of her body. Instead, she hits me around the abdomen area. I feel an aching sensation for a few seconds, but that feeling goes away.

I continue to gallop forward, feeling the burns lace pain throughout my body, I cringe, but continue. Each time my hind left leg moves, the burns sting. It's not like I can train myself to ignore the pain. I run away from Kahlua a little, and I hope she isn't chasing me. I slide to a halt, like those fancy quarter horses do in shows and spin around to attempt to face Kahlua. Without a second thought, I lunge forward with long strides and try to ram her. What goes around comes around. I aim to hit her right shoulder with my chest. I try to hit her hard by taking one huge step then kind of jumping at her. Hopefully, she'll fall down. I wouldn't kill her, but I think she'd loose or give up if I was able to get her onto the floor. I brace for impact, but Kahlua could always move and I'd feel air. That would be a horrible feeling.

The moment of victory would be a nice thing to feel. That moment when I win. The moment when I become lead. The moment when I become worth something. When I become something more than just a seer. I want to have the power to make decisions. I want the power to rule. The throne is something foreign to me, but I wish to make it my best friend. While I sit on my throne, I want to watch the horses in the herd adhere to my commands. I want them to know me as their Queen, not friend. All horses that do not obey me, will be sent on their way. Unless of course... they have something useful to argue with, otherwise they can stop calling the World's Edge there home. I won't be lenient with the rules. Two strikes and you're out.

Walk walk walk
Talk talk talk
ooc:; 4/4 Attacks + 0/1 Defense. 763 Words.
Comments: <3 I thought this would be a nice place to show some true Aurelian crazyness. She has begun wondering which side she'd do better on. Good vs Evil. >:DD
Summary: Gets hit and gallops forward, feeling the burns sting as she does so. She slides to a halt and turns to face where she think Kahlua is. Then, she begins charging at Kahlua, hoping to hit her like she got hit.
Injuries: Some superficial burns and some blistering on her left hindquarter. Slight throbbing in lower hind leg (like where her cannon bone is, but the skin is throbbing-- not the bone!) The throbbing is short-lived and will turn into bruises. Unconscious, possibly dead, snake companion. Bruised right shoulder point. Throbbing and aching that will turn into slight bruising around abdomen area.
Image Credits

KAHLUA
As her shoulder rammed into Aurelia's flank, Kahlua cringed and again felt compelled to say she was sorry; however, the contact had caused a recurrence of the dramatic ringing in her head and Kahlua could do little but bite her teeth together. She was a delicate flower, not used to so much pain, and she did not know how to stop it from happening. But, she reminded herself, she wasn't supposed to stop the pulsations. This was her penance, her wooden cross to carry and she would have to endure the torture as long as it took. Perhaps forever.

In all the drama of killing Aurelia's companion, Kahlua had nearly forgotten she was upset about Kaj's absence from the battlefield. As she remembered now that he and her other friends were missing, Kahlua was surprisingly glad. She did not want them here because they would want to take her pains for her, save her from the punishment for what she had done. They didn't deserve that. They didn't deserve her. How could she face them now after failing them twice? First she had become a wraith, now she had slain Shilva. Was she even worthy of her title as queen of the peaceful Qian? Perhaps it was all the pain going to her head but Kahlua was beginning to believe that she wasn't.

With Aurelia once again running off, Kahlua decided it was in her best interest to turn and face the golden girl. At least this way she would know which direction Aurelia was coming from. Still, after the sting of her last hit on the golden mare, her heart was not in this fight. It was only for her herd that she continued to push on. Only for the smiling faces of her friends that she kept going. Except it hurt her to her very soul to think of them because she was certain they would think of her as a monster once they found out what she had done. She could see Resplendence's shining face warping into one of disgust as Res quickly hid her dragon away in her abundant locks. And what of Aly and her adorable Owlet, Eva and her dragon, Note and his lynx, Ktulu and her bear, Archibald and his malamute? The list went on and Kahlua could only shudder. They would all hate her and all she had ever tried to do was be good.

Her mind was drawn back to reality by the sound of Aurelia's hooves once again thundering towards her. Kahlua tried to stand her ground and hold her head high so that she might let the pegasus ram into her again. She tried to let herself be bruised and battered by the rages of a distraught mare; however, as she had shown time and time again, Kahlua was a coward. With the pain of her head injury still causing massive pulsations, Kahlua's instinct to run and jump out of the way took over. Even if Kahlua's brain thought that she deserved all of this suffering, her body was entirely against it.

Pushing off with from her rear, Kahlua jumped to the left and felt her swollen hind limb protest the bending that was required of it. With Kahlua presumably slowed from the snake bite, Aurelia's chest still hit the queen solidly in her thigh. As the attack pushed Kahlua further to the left, she was assaulted by pain from both left and right limbs. A squeal was let loose from her mouth, declaring her agony to the world as she reacted the only way she could when running on instinct alone. Lifting her hind end from the ground, Kahlua kicked out with her right hind and aimed for any part of the Seer that was within range.

Still, the sudden lowering of her head left Kahlua dizzy and struggling for balance so her attack was short lived and poorly powered. Lowering her hind limbs back to the ground, Kahlua winced on landing where she refused to move in order to save herself from any more pain. She had wanted to avoid death, had tried so hard to go on living to repent for her sins, but she could take no more of this. She had thought she could take it but as so many portions of her body pulsed in unison, Kahlua reaffirmed what she had always known... she was weak. She was even more despicable than the unicorns of the north because at least they could live with their pains. No... she could not take this anymore. If Aurelia wanted to let Kahlua live then the Seer would stop her attack and if she wanted to see Kahlua dead... That would be the price Kahlua would pay. At least death would be an escape from this torture.

Post| 4/4
WC| 800
OOC| Good fight Bay!
the sunshower
Image Credit

baylee

The contact of skin and skin is a nice feeling. A successful attack is something that I haven't felt very much, but I enjoy the sensation of relief flood over me. Maybe I have been able to bring another injury to Kahlua's perfect body. Maybe today she will learn to fight. I think I have lost this fight, but I am not sure. If I do lose, I hope she will continue being a good Queen and hopefully she will learn how to fight. I think if she stays queen, it'd be in the best interest for the World's Edge Herd if she would learn one or two maneuvers at least. What if an invasion were to come? In a situation like that, she probably would probably ask her attacker to stop. We all know she'd probably say please, too.

I do hit her, but the motion does not stop there. Inertia forces me to go just a little further than I'd like, and Kahlua is able to sneak in a kind of weak kick to my lower flank, near my abdomen. Why does everything happen around my abdomen? Then again, I'd say my burnt ass would object to the statement that everything happens to my abdomen. However, my other injuries are minor and had potential to be a lot worse. They had potential to not happen at all, if only I'd trained just a little more. If only I'd worked just a smudge harder.

My entire body seems to quiver with pain. So much pain. At least the bruises do not hurt until they are pressed on. The burns, however, sting with every step I take. I don't care anymore. I want to win, but this fight should be over now. It's been long enough, and I am beginning to wear down. My body is slick with sweat, and I am breathing quite hard. My pinned ears come back up to an alert, forward, position. I turn away from Kahlua and towards my companion. All I can do now, is gallop to the snake.

"Shilva..?" There is an obvious worry in my tone. I stop when I am close to the snake. Quickly, I bend my head down and poke at Shilva with my whiskered muzzle. With no response, I move forward a step or two so she is under me. With one semi-swift motion, the snake is held gently in the grip of my wings. "Kahlua, we will speak again soon. Do not fear me a moment more. I am not strong. I am weak." My voice is cold, but not towards Kahlua. Today, my tone is just colder than usual. It's like what happened was supposed to happen. Shilva was supposed to die. I just hope she hasn't. Not yet. Shilva is too young to die. She's too young for a still heart. Am I too young to die?

I think about my life in comparison to the lives of many Helovians. Kahlua has been pretty happy it seems. Kaj, well, I think he's okay? He certainly looks good. Brisa seems very happy and healthy. Not to mention pregnant. Did anyone else notice how fat she was? I got that fat when I was having twins. Is she having twins? Oh boy, she'd better prepare, prepare, prepare! Gaucho is still him primal self. I don't ever know if he is happy. I think he has amnesia, because he has forgotten all about Helovia, and all about my. Even all the horses that were watching the Captain challenge, seemed really content with their lives. If they weren't they probably wouldn't have been spending their free-time watching four horses beat each other up.

Then, there are horses like me. To many, I may seem happy, but no one ever bothers to ask how I feel. No one ever bothers to try to make me happy. I've tried to make horses happy, like Destry. She was crying when I saw her, and I tried to cheer her up. This was while I was a prisoner in her land. You see? I can be nice sometimes. I just have problems with hormones and maybe anger issues. That can be decided on later. For now, I am worried. Worried about Shilva, what I am going to do in my future, what is going to be the herd's reaction to this challenge, what my kids are doing and if they are well. I will forever be the neurotic, worried, lonely, mare that no one knows. I can stay invisible. Unless, I become lead. I can't be invisible if I am lead. I can't do that to my herd.

Walk walk walk
Talk talk talk
ooc:; 4/4 Attacks + 1/1 Defense. 775 Words.
Comments: Thank you for this opportunity, Sevin! This was a major learning experience for me, so I am really sorry if some of this fight was all over the place xD
Summary: Gets kicked, and doesn't move away. Then, she picks up Shilva.
Image Credits

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
By my verdict: KAHLUA is the winner!

AURELIA
Realism [+2]
For the most part, I felt that your posts were very realistic. I noticed that there were several places where you showed some nice strategy – in choosing the location, for instance, and placing Aurelia by the cliffs. There were also a few mentions of physical differences, like how Kahlua is larger than Aurelia, and how crying would affect Kahlua’s sight. I thought that, in particular, was especially unique, so good job! The only criticism I have here is that I feel that Aurelia’s injuries weren’t mentioned very often insofar as how they related to her ability to fight. Mostly, she seemed to complain about her burned butt (and, let’s be honest, who wouldn’t?) but I didn’t see much about how that – or other injuries – affected her other than being minor annoyances. I would love to see a little more struggle, a little more description of how an injury made certain movements or attacks or defenses more difficult.

Emotion [+0.5]
There were a lot of places throughout this fight where I saw the emotion, but I didn’t really feel the emotion. You keep telling me what Aurelia’s feeling, but it’s a bit scattered – like, she feels this thing here, but this interrupts and now she’s feeling this other thing here, and oh look, a butterfly! (Well, that’s going a bit overboard, but I hope you catch my drift.) Anyway, I would love to see some elaboration. Slow down and really show me what she feels, every bit of it, a piece at a time. Finish one thought before you start another. I realize that some of this is just in her character – but I still felt that the emotion could have been a lot more developed.

Prose [-2]
While I have no problems with Aurelia’s style, there were a lot of spelling and grammar issues throughout this entire fight. While I’m sure it doesn’t seem like a very big deal, spelling and grammar are really distracting as we try and read through and judge, so spell check and re-reading before you post is really important! Here are some examples:
-- In post 0 (your initial challenge), paragraph 2: “…it's not like I am going to through Kahlua off the cliff…” Through should be throw.
-- In post 0, paragraph 3: “…but a giod one.or maybe…” Good is misspelled, and you’re missing a space.
-- In post 1, paragraph 3: “…to throw her off of balance…” Of is not necessary here and makes it kind of choppy and strange.
-- Also in post 1, paragraph 3: “Everything will happen quick.” Quickly.
-- In post 2, paragraph 2: “I think I have just burnt myself in an odd way? I don't like having my own magic used against, it is not okay with me.” I’m not sure why there’s a question mark after “odd way” instead of a period or an exclamation point, and you’re missing a word in the next sentence (“my own magic used against me”).
-- In post 3, paragraph 4: “I hope I am close enough to her and that she won't move away so I can kick her in the head really good.” Really well. Not really good.

However, I want to mention how much I love this: “I see Kaj flying towards us, trying to save the day and be mister "Oh I'm so perfect! Laddyladdyda."” (post 3, paragraph 3). This made me chuckle!

Readability [0]
Your initial attack (post 1, paragraphs 3 and 4) is a bit choppy and confusing. I had to re-read this several times to make sure I understood what was happening. The sentence, “I aim at her right side, but her shoulder is exactly where I aim,” is particularly strange to me – I feel like there are several other ways to convey that you are aiming for a shoulder without it being quite so choppy. Anyway, I felt that this didn’t flow quite as well as it could have. Perhaps it is being new to fighting, but it just felt pretty choppy overall.

Finally tally: 26 + 0.5 = 26.5 HP

KAHLUA
Realism [+3]
I thought that you did a really good job with realism. Damage was taken well and in amounts that made sense not only with her injuries, but also with her personality – she continually took attacks and damage because she felt she deserved it, which I felt was particularly realistic for her. Overall very good, no complaints from me.

Emotion [+2.5]
Going into the fight, I get a pretty good idea of Kahlua’s complete exhaustion, of how recent events have left their mark on a normally happy-go-lucky soul. The first attack post (though I suppose it wasn’t much of an attack) is absolutely heartbreaking. I love how you stick to her character so well, refusing to attack Aurelia in return. Her emotion remains very easy to see throughout the fight, and I love how easy it is to get into her mind and really feel what she’s feeling – betrayal, on several fronts, anger, dismay, horror. Wonderful!

Prose [+2.5]
This was well written, with no spelling or grammar errors that I could see.

Readability [+2]
This was very easy to read and follow. I felt little to no confusion while reading her attacks or defenses.

Finally tally: 32 + 10 - 0 = 42 HP