the Rift

[OPEN] a golden triad; [SPARK]

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
Together they walked, the Lady and her two children, her honest son and the lost girl they’d found in the meadows to the north of where they now wandered down into the jutting fist of the Veins. She normally does not invite the mixed blood child with her on their ventures out of the mountains, but today she has a lesson in mind that is very crucial for any child to thrive and do well in this land, the lesson of the Gods and the power that could be gleaned from their embrace.

Her son, joyful at the notion of getting to go on an adventure with his Thistle Sister alongside them both, is in particularly high spirits, having spent the entire walk regaling his pretend sibling on what his mother had told him, occasionally corrected whenever he was wrong. Now, as they slipped into the strange, blue black realm of the shrines, following the path of the glowing stones to where the Lady knew the most sacred location in all of Helovia to stand, the boy is quiet and gazing about him in rapt silence, so intensely enamored by the strangeness of this place that he does not seem to notice the heat as she does.

The sweat lines them both, even if he takes no heed; Illynx herself takes each step with a mental curse to the Sun, an irony in and of itself as she gives a fleeting glance to the gold dipped girl to assure she is keeping up with the unicorn and her true child. She doesn’t know who she is or to whom she belongs, part of what she herself will pray for here today, along with a hope for her son to be strong and successful in his life, but she does know as she looks at her that those wings are soon going to become a problem.

The problem presents her with choices. She could have them removed, or teach the girl to fly through a tutor of their friends the World’s Edge, remembering one pegasus from the meeting in which they’d brought the scorpion and their king himself a winged creature, alluding that many more could help the hybrid learn to utilize her appendages.

They will be unsightly, thinks the Lady on one hoof, while they may also prove useful; a conundrum, to be sure.

Perhaps she will simply wait and see if the Lord Time lashes fate to her adopted daughter, if he will decide for her what is best for this situation.

After a short while the shrines are before them, the Gilded Blade pausing to turn her frame about towards the two children while still holding the statues in view, each one layered in blue flowers that Rikyn shows an obvious desire to touch and examine. She glowers at him and clears her throat to catch their attention, before elaborating. "Inside these stones reside the ears of our Gods, which can hear words spoken and mentally pronounced," she explains, "kneel before whichever one calls to your heart and lend your words to it, and perhaps they may hear you. It is not unheard of for those who seek answers or guidance to receive it here, from the Lords and Lady of the universe themselves." Moving back towards the flower laced stones, she takes a few steps towards the marker for her Lord of Storms, pausing directly before it to turn her eyes back to the foals.

"I’ll explain them each once you have finished your prayers," she smiles as she references the stones, mostly for Rikyn as she feels little adoration or emotion towards the orphan she is feeding aside from pity and disgust, "if, by chance, the Gods reveal themselves, I’d like you to be surprised, truly open to what fate wishes of you." And with that, she lapses into silence, kneeling before the fractured shrine of the Time God.

What she prays for, as her son settles close alongside her, is his own strength, and the strength to protect him within herself and his father.

What he wishes for… is power.

[ Turning in my two VoTG passes, one for Illynx and one for Rikyn. :D

Rikyn wants: Phage | Dark x Time :: Ability to take the appearance of anyone he can recall from memory. (this also completes the rewards given with my magic foal stats item so it can be removed from my records page :3)
Illynx wants: Anything on her wishlist, though she is already questing for the ghost flame magic and has one more step to complete before she can turn that in. :D Surprise meeeee ~ ]

@[God of the Spark]

Illynx
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme

A SECOND FLAME HAS RISEN, ONE FROM THE COLD AND DARK
           aithniel            </style>

Aithniel walked quietly at the side of the brother she knew was not her brother. Rarely was she allowed to join them, so this was surprising. Not only that, but this was a long journey, one she did not realize would be so difficult. Each step brought her closer to something that seemed to buzz and resonate in her soul, and Rikyn's words faded in and out as if she was under water. Her gray lips were pressed in a thin line, and her dark hooves carried her from grass to rock.

The heat that rose from the blue plumes of churning flame kissed her skin, making her feel truly alive for the first time in her silly, short life. She watched it, mesmerized. She was not bothered by the oppressive blanket of warmth, nor the roaring of the ocean so far below. The sight of the large, broken stones covered in flowers did not strike fear into her soul. Something about this place ran deeper, and even though she really did not know what that meant, she could feel it.

Illynx spoke, and she looked up at her, listening carefully. The gods listened from the stones... She was supposed to kneel before the shrine of the god she wanted to speak to, and she looked up at the woman who called herself "mother", thinking that she was wise. Wise, powerful, and absolutely, positively, without a doubt scary. Aithniel did not speak, not interested in being glared at as she had done to Rikyn when his curiosity had gotten the best of him.

Aithniel watched her approach one that seemed slightly newer, if she could say that. But a different stone called to her, and she approached, seeing a faint symbol on the surface that she could barely make out. As told, she carefully dropped to her knees, but she quickly decided that that was too assuming for a god. So, she folded all four legs beneath her body and pressed her muzzle to the stone which called to her, and she closed her churning, silver eyes.

"If you can hear me...." she whispered in her head, as if even her thoughts were being shouted across the metaphysical. "...who am I?"

background by: http://sirius-sdz.deviantart.com

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

Time. It was entirely relative to those who experienced it - but what about the one who controlled it, made it work? Such an observation was not something the God of the Spark felt necessary to bestow upon the mortals that worshiped him - few as they were. At least they kept his land functioning, even if there were hiccups and utterly abysmal decisions along the way.

The Time God felt a simultaneously familiar and unfamiliar pull towards the mortal realm of Helovia, a summoning to the shrine dedicated to his divine personhood.

A pile of rocks. The Earth God had insisted that the superstitious mortals would revere a pile of rocks as long as there was some magical component associated with them. Simpletons, all of them. Yet here there were three - three! - mortals praying at the Veins. Well, two praying to him. One prayed to his hotheaded brother, it seemed. Interesting...

Looking to his right, the God of the Spark singled out this moment from the constantly flowing time stream around him, slowing it, clarifying it, bringing it into focus. He recognized the vain mare, Illynx; she headed his mortal realm now with that death-obsessed necromancer Deimos. However, the dark child next to her was a development he hadn't previously paid much heed. A quick peek into the past solved that conundrum, and answered who the white hybrid was that knelt at his Sun brother's shrine.

Would his brother answer his own spawn? The future was hard to discern amongst his immortal fellows, not following the same paths and patterns as the mortal march of existence. Stepping out of his place in time, the God of the Spark descended to Helovia with a crack of lightning and roar of thunder, eyes watching the dispelled electricity skitter across the ground he touched for a ways before completely dissipating.

The expression on his face colored him unimpressed. "You realize this is exactly what your Haruspex is for?" the stallion queried, his tone short and irked. "I hope you think that your being leader of my Basin doesn't exempt you from common sense - or the belief that you've somehow earned the right to my blessing by completing a laughably fleeting rise to 'power,'" he said, tossing his head with a snort, electric gaze glancing towards Illynx's son. "Teaching the boy this early that he can get whatever he wants? That's a parenting strategy, I suppose."

Eyes regarding both the Gilded Blade and her son, he raised his chin some. "You could have simply used the mirror I gifted you instead of traveling here. As this is a waste of everyone's time, make it quick: What do you want and why should I give it to you? Both of you," the God of the Spark clarified. Why should he reward a child who barely understood his own thoughts, let alone life or the ravages of time? Impatiently waiting for the unicorns to explain themselves, his attention drifted to the white and gold hybrid filly nearby, wondering still if his brother would make an appearance. Her existence reminded him of his own daughter, and her mother. A frown pursed his lips for a fraction of a second of time before disappearing.

Would they get on with it already and commence their requests?

@[Illynx]
@[Rikyn]

------------------------------------------

OOC: The shock magic upgrade is the only applicable option here, and Illynx will need to choose one of three uses with the magic:

1. Sap energy from her victim to harm them

OR

2. Channel energy from victim to heal wounds

OR

3. Channel energy from victim to increase endurance

CREDITS: Tamme & Boom

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
The shrine roars and crackles.

Rikyn scuffles backwards at the arcs of electricity that pour from the stone, remaining on his knees but awe and shock written clearly across his small features as his heart races in his chest and his bright, golden eyes quickly snap over towards his faux sibling with little eloquence. His mother, on the other hand, smiles.

Their God has come.

She keeps her smiling face available in the light of the Lord of Storm’s scowl, catching his words through attentive ears and her son staring now, quite openly, in awe of the might of this man who not only appeared from a stone but had shorn the silence with his entry, savaged the land with the power of his magic. The boy listens raptly, a smile finding purchase on his own lips as he find the deity is fussing at his mother rather than praising her, finding great humor in the way the tables had turned so quickly from his dam being the one with sharp words and guidance to the babe having to take it all in.

His smile falls, however, as the God’s words pertain to himself, irritation towards his mother suddenly flaring for having ruined his first encounter with the divine but also a deep worry that his mere presence has marked him a failure before the God of Shock. The Lady, however, feels nothing, only smiles benevolently into the face of her mountain lord, taking all he has to say in silence – more grace than she has given the Goddess of the Moon, to be sure, and a sure sign of how her allegiances have warped from the dark cover of the night to the gleaming, crackling might of the God before her.

As his words finish, she glances over to the winged babe nestled at the foot of the Sun Shrine, her right ear flicking backwards ever so slightly atop her crown before she returns her eyes to the Storm God. "Your brother would have come through the mirror?" she asks, her smile still soft, not mocking so much as it is one that wonders why a God inquires what he might have known had he looked slightly further back along his meshing of time, "But my request is simple. It’s all I ever truly want, as you know of my heart, my Lord – I desire more power." She pauses, looking at him through glinting golden eyes, still kneeling on the stone out of respect for his dominion over her. Of all the powers she had earned her life, it was the heated touch of this man’s magic that had filled her soul with its beauty and strength; to watch the lightning crest from her brow and dissipate into the glimmering air was enough to make her swoon simply thinking of it. "It feels as if, when I utilize my previous gift from your power, that it pulls forth from every pore on my being. How fearsome might I be if that same sensation healed those pores?" she smiles, a light giggle escaping her lips, "A barrage of pain that never bleeds. I desire this."

Looking over to her son, she nods in his direction, a silent goading for him to expunge the deepest desires of his soul. He takes a long, considering look at his sister, his darling Aithniel, before he returns his eyes to the God.

"I… I do not want everything," he says, his small voice quavering beneath the powerful stare of the God, finding that he feels even tinier beneath this hardened gaze than he ever has while being looked upon by his parents or the other adults on the mountain, "though sometimes I wish I could be someone else." He wants to be like Aithniel, so she will not feel so alone; he wants to be anyone other than him so his mother will leave him alone.

His mother’s brow rises.

She should not have brought him here. Nope.

[ OOC: Door #2, please. ;D 2. Channel energy from victim to heal wounds ]

Illynx
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme

A SECOND FLAME HAS RISEN, ONE FROM THE COLD AND DARK
           aithniel            </style>

The lightning and thunder was loud. She could feel it rattle in her chest, dance between her bones and rock the ground under her body. Aithniel pressed herself against the broken shrine with the sun, watching as a black and white god appearing crackling with electricity and summoning her with his magnetism. The stallion's voice was deep, and the first words out of his mouth were chiding Illynx! The hybrid glanced between her and him, wondering if she would freak out. In a single moment, he had completely stripped her of the aura of fear she emanated, and Aithniel realized that she could be brave too.

Well, maybe not that brave, but brave enough to say no.

Illynx was impressive, however. She took the God of Time in stride, unaffected by what seemed like insults and indicating that she wanted power. Somehow, this was not surprising. Aithniel often wondered if Illynx loved nothing and no one else besides herself and Rikyn. The dark, creepy machine maker who often included himself in their family only made the situation more strange as she could not determine if her surrogate mother liked him either - legitimately, she meant.

Then, she heard Rikyn's words, and Aithniel furrowed her brows. She quietly stood, standing on her dark, cloven hooves and approaching her brother. Rikyn was a good soul, a gentle soul. He made being here bearable. He had saved me. She wanted to ask him "why be like anyone else when you are amazing as who you are?" But she could not summon the words, not in front of a god anyway. So, she remained quiet, but no longer near the shrine. She stood next to her brother, wanting to support him even if his mother would not.

background by: http://sirius-sdz.deviantart.com

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

God of the Spark Posts: 111
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SPARK

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate of everyone drops to zero

[Apologies for the delay @[Illynx]]

When her gaze slides to the pale hybrid girl, his own does the same. "Just as much of an arrival as he provides now," the God of Time replies, glancing back at his two followers as they finally explain their purpose here. Of course he could simply have looked into their thoughts to discover for himself, but the God of Time has long ago learned to let events unfold as they should, lessons his siblings have yet to learn after all their fuck ups. So he lets the mortals speak, but it does not make it any easier to hear.

"No request is simple," he corrects her with a touch of ire, his gaze sharpening as he wields it upon her. "It's that foolish notion which makes you mortals so despairingly greedy and flippant." Did she think magic was simply a plaything which existed for her to expunge her boredom with, or some sort of collectible item which she could stack on the shelving of her soul? It was not that providing them with magic was a difficult task for the gods, but it was a menial one, particularly when the gifts granted by them were so easily tossed to the wayside of existence and gratitude. Her prayers were not sincere, just the ringing of a doorbell in heaven's shop.

He dismissed her with a flick of his tail, thoughts already churning on what fate to bestow upon her for her endlessly selfish choices. His attention turned next to her ilk, who upon first inspection seemed to be doing a far better job of growing up with her than he could have ever imagined, but it did not make the boy's taste in wishes any less awful. "You seem to have learned well from your mother the teachings of disrespect, as you don't even have enough to award yourself," he murmured to Rikyn, though mostly to himself. What difference did the boy think wearing someone else would make?

The God of Time shook his head with an almost perceptible distaste for their choices. Yet he knew he could not persuade them to a different path without directly affecting their free will. It was the one gift the mortals retained for an eternity, and one which he would surely never step upon. The best he could do was hope to show them the balance of life and power. To want would mean to forgo something else. Hopefully the tasks would be greater than their will and they would change their mind, but he wouldn't be surprised if they endured the suffering of a quest as they crawled their way to some sort of perceived greatness. Why mortals thought magic alone could take them there he would never understand. It was all a waste of time as long as their personalities stayed meek.

With a sudden grin the God of Time set his gaze back upon the GildedBlade. "You are not awarded fragments of our elements simply to ask for more so easily, so soon. If it's power you seek, find it within yourself before begging it of me and mine." His beard twitched with the movement of his head as he spoke, his words falling from terse to surprisingly cool, then finally smug as he finished detailing her task. "You must go without any abilities until the middle of my season. I should hope the Lady of my Basin can continue to reign without her magic tricks." He smiled craftily, wondering just what she might learn, hoping that it would be anything. Return then and we'll discuss your power."

"As for you," the Time God rumbled as he looked at Rikyn. "If you don't want to be yourself so badly... then you can be nobody." There was no smile this time as the god explained his quest. He was not afraid to teach bluntly, but he did not always desire it come to that. Unfortunately with his mortal children, it usually did, such was the reckless nature of those with an inevitable demise - all the more reason to lament the desires of one who cannot even stand their own skin. "None will see you, or hear you, until the middle of my season. Return when you have considered the loss of yourself and how it impacts the world around you, then we will see about your wish."

His features fell stern as he regarded them all. "Do you both accept?"

Illynx will not have her magical abilities for 2 months (September through October). When she returns, she will receive her abilities back, plus the upgrade.

Rikyn will not be able to be seen or heard by others for 2 months (September through October). He will essentially be living on an alternate reality of Helovia crossed over into this one. He will still be able to see and hear everyone, still must eat and sleep and endure all the elements as normal, but he is removed from them. Occasionally however he may be able to make things move, if he is trying to communicate strongly enough - think of your general ghost haunting and how sometimes they can turn lights on and off or move some objects a small distance.

CREDITS: Tamme & Boom