the Rift

[PRIVATE] Candy mountain (Cashmere) (CLOSED)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
A mild afternoon sun loomed overhead, at full peak it was shining through the patchwork canopy and scattering fractured green light across the forest floor. I sighed and lifted muzzle toward the god that guarded our lives by providing light and warmth for this world’s nourishment. Fina hummed softly to herself in a nearby tree, she was busy pruning away the fresh molt of feathers that had started coming in. The melody of a phoenix was hauntingly beautiful, spiritual.

Before me a small ball of gold spun effortlessly in tight spirals, I lowered gaze from heaven to watch it grow larger with every careful and calculated thought. The sphere was thick, solidly crafted and similar to two others that lay close by. Those spheres were slightly different though, at least on the outside. Ice coated one, and leather covered the other.

Not moments later I was admiring the finished product. It glimmered faintly as the remaining magic fled back into the bones from which it’d been summoned. This was the final globe—and I had an individual in mind to pardon a favor from for the purpose of completing its purpose. A soft female, silvery dappled and talented in the avenues of crafting things for our patron god Earth.

After tucking back my mini masterpiece between a fold of feathers that sprang just below my nape, I went out from the tropical glade to do a little proactive exploration. Hoping that I’d had enough bad luck lately to warrant a little good luck.
Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
You know, a lot has been going on these days, and I find it quite exhausting. Talk about gathering for the Asylum - my family outside the herd - and the Hidden Falls - the herd itself. I sigh and hang my head toward the ground, watching ants crawl through the grass toward an anthill. I cock my head - don't ants usually crawl over dirt rather than grass? These must be peculiar ants then. I put my head a little closer and blow out through my nostrils, and can't help my naughty giggle as it blows some ants off course. What is unknown to me is that ants have a very good mechanism that allows them to find their way back to their hill. It's not perfect, but it's better than any mechanism I have.

My ears twitch back as I hear something or someone approach me from behind. I listen carefully, not moving. I'm not too concerned about my safety in the Falls (should I be?), instead of using my eyes to see, I use my ears to hear. It's heavier than a deer, and more than a normal horse, I should think. A pegasus maybe? Perhaps the wings would add extra weight. But birds have hollow bones so they don't weight much so do the bones in pegasus wings weigh much because they are hollow, or are they solid? I've completely distracted myself from his approach. Time to readjust my brain and face the arrival. I raise my head and look behind me. OH! It's my King. I quickly stand up straight and turn around, bowing my head to him with proper respect. When I raise my head again, joy is in my eyes.

My King! How are you this beautiful Tallsun day?

Tag: @[Midas]

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Table by Lauren || IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
The dappled lass was standing by and by, as if placed in my path by some predetermining fate. I could have pranced forward and kissed the soft spot between those quivering nostrils out of simply thankfulness that it wouldn’t take an act of god and countless days searching aimlessly to complete this mission. Instead, I choose to express gratitude to lady luck with a more practical reaction and replied by dipping crown in an equal bend that Cashmere had so graciously honored me with. Our heads rise only half a moment later, and our eyes lock, my lovely friend makes the first move by opening her jaws.

“Tis a fair day, Cashmere,” she’d called me king, and though I’d been cursed with far more demeaning names, “Please, call me Midas.”Kri hadn’t taken a liking to titles and I’d been raised under those traditions, “I am no King.” Steward was a better word, perhaps even representative, but not King. Earth God was their monarch, he wore the crown of thorns and roses that dared not prick strand of fur out of place. I was merely a moral man.

Those fancy descriptions were for the enemies of this land, but never for kin—not my sisters and brothers, (however crazy they might be.) “I’ve come to ask a favor, would ye palaver with me?” The idea that she would refuse did cross my mind, however, I squashed the notion and decided to just plow onward. Worst case scenario, I’d be taking that long walk after all.
Image Credits

Adoptable
Midas continues to approach me and returns my greeting with a head bow of his own. I smile happily and my eyes shine with warmth. He tells me to call him Midas, not King. "I am no King." Well.. technically you are... you're the leader of this herd along with Seele. But, if that's what you want. He tells me that he has come to ask a favor, and uses a word that I've never heard in my life, but I assume that it means "talk". I nod to his question and part my soft lips again.

"Of course.. Midas. Whatever I can do to help you, I shall." My mind wonders, of course, what it is that the King wants. Is it that he wants me to make more prison cells? Of course I will do that. But I feel that if that was the case, he would be talking to more than just me. He would include Elsa, and Abishia, and others who helped to start building the prison cell before. No, this must be something different. Something more personal. Is it crafting related? I don't really know.

@[Midas]
apologies for crappiness!

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Cashmere offers her aid and I sigh an apprehensive breath that my conscious self didn’t realize I’d been holding. My smile is placid and luring, falling from its businesslike glaze that life normally demands stand at the stern, “Earth has given me a task,” there was little to explain and so I kept my words short. The threads of magic come forward, shifting through the plates of soil and calling forth sand to pool beneath feet. The tendrils turn to gold and shift along my ankles toward flanks and behind to pull the golden sphere from feathers.

“Could ye cover this in his magic? In thee’s craft?” We all relied upon Earth to use this power, any element that was harnessed from the rocks below to the water above—we borrowed his talents, and I’d never become more aware of how reliant mortal men and women had become to our patrons in these past few years.

From the time when darkness fell and disease chased us from home—we relied on power to be the cure. My ball glides over crown and gently falls toward earth, balancing on threads of aureate a few inches from the ground. It hovers in anticipation and my gaze softens, “I would be most grateful,” the velvet soft murmur would seem as delicate as the wings of a butterfly brushing against her cheek.
Image Credits

Adoptable
The Earth is giving tasks to us all, it would seem. Midas tells me so and tells me the short of his quest. Within just a moment, he presents a sphere to me, and let's it hover - through some magic that I do not understand - just in front of me over the ground. I am to cover it in 'my craft'. Well, I would like to be able to maneuver glass - but that only really works with water, and I do not have that magic yet. Instead, it is my herd crafting magic that I am bidden to use. Stone. I've never moved stone to cover an object, and I'm not sure how it will work. But that doesn't mean I won't try. "I think I can help with that." I speak with another smile. -Do you ever NOT smile, ho-bag? - My smile falters slightly, but I bow my head to cover the slip. I touch the tip of my horn to the sphere, and it bobs in the air slightly with the light pressure that I've applied. I close my eyes and focus my concentration on stone emanating from my horn to slowly cover the sphere. It crackles like breaking rock as it emerges and covers the sphere at a speed slightly faster than molasses. After a couple minutes, the process is complete, and I wonder if the magic keeping the sphere airborne requires greater concentration and force due to the increased weight. I raise my head up, my eyes showing my increased confidence and comfort with my craft. "Careful now - it'll be heavier." I look to the King's face, eager to see if he approves of my job, and if I have pleased him.

@[Midas]

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Her smile it met with another one of my own, genuine to its core. Thank ye. I was pleased by her eagerness to aid my personal venture, a thing that I’d seen quickly repaid should a time arise when this fair dappled lass needed assistance. Gaze lowers, watching as she touches the golden sphere ever so gently, as carefully as if plucking a bead of dew from a leaf. An almost youthful fascination draws back the cover of my formal mask—it was a wonderful and nearly always beautiful thing to see power come alive through the vessel of another creature.

She moves stone from the soil, collecting it in the same manner that I often gathered sand. The layers of granite fold upon itself and the addition of weight is felt immediately. More woven threads of auric gather beneath the floating object, caressing the burden as gently as a mother strokes her babe. Cashmere cautions about the extra bulk and I glance up from her work, “Aye, I’ll mind it.” The finished project is crude to look at, but no less lovely to my eyes than the most pristine gem. This completion sets a large load from shoulders and releases pressure enough for me to find a moment of elation.

Gratitude is detectable in each vocal, “Thank ye,” carefully I lift the spherical boulder and gently return it back into the fold of feathers that lay along my nape, “Please don’t hesitate to ask should ye have a need that I could fill.” Slowly I reach out, slipping muzzle toward her velvet snout, “I am in your debt.”
Image Credits

Adoptable
I look up at him, gauging his response. His eyes are warm and full of life, and the laugh that he gives is genuine and youthful. I can only imagine that he's had many laughs like that in his life - but I've never heard one of them until now. Perhaps that is something that will change. I am glad that I have brought him this moment of elation. For what purpose (beyond a quest from the Earth God) my stone serves I'm not really sure, but I'm sure Midas will tell me in time. For now, I just do as I'm asked, and that is enough for me. He thanks me, and I nod politely, but not coldly, in return. "Of course. It's a pleasure to be of assistance." He offers his assistance in return. I take a moment in silence to think if there is in fact anything he could help with. There is nothing that really comes to mind, except for the prison cells, but he is already helping with those. I let my tail swish back and forth mindlessly and jingle my earring. He reaches his nose out to mine and I touch his. I feel a warmth spread through me, and a blush spreads over my cheeks and breast. Oh, I'm so easily flattered it seems. Am I developing a girlish crush that I'm not even aware of? Hopefully not, because that seems so foolish - I should not develop a crush on my world-weary king. But then, some impulses are not so easily controlled.

I keep these silly, girlish thoughts to myself, not wanting to burden him with them. I banish them from my mind - I don't want to be burdened with them either. The Voice cackles in my mind, but says nothing. Something tells me she may be planning a nasty trick for me. Finally, I answer Midas's query. "I can't think of anything at the moment, but I shall let you know if need arises." The smile has faded from my face as I am lost in thought, but my friendly demeanor remains intact. Lost in thought.. I feel myself swallowed up by feelings I cannot explain. It is time to go. "Good luck with your quest, Midas. I shall take my leave, with your permission." I bow my head to him, and offer a parting smile that conveys the warmth I feel toward him, then turn to go, not waiting to receive the permission I have asked for.

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
I was fortunate to have pleasant people like this in my fleet, folks that still bore some heart and most of their brains. Asylum lived among us and still possessed a few that were unable to rid themselves of insanity; (as if it was a disease I could simply wish away) I’d caught more than one of their kin talking to random shadows or holding an intelligent conversation with woodland creatures that were dumb and speechless. Luckily, I’d not seen Cashmere carrying on with invisible things, she appeared as an average unicorn. Compassionate enough to aid in my selfish ventures and that of her herd without a second thought.

The Mason asked for permission to leave and dipped adorned crown in respect, I returned the gesture, replying, “Of course.” It was rude of me to hold this lady up, surely she had other things to attend to. “Thank ye again,” softly topping my words with another beam that lightly brushed across my gaze until the handsome gold seemed to melt. Cashmere had already turned away, I shifted and glanced toward the path I’d just traveled moments ago. With this final piece of my quest complete, I could finally return to his alter, a childhood memento of my lord. He’d told me to gather these spheres together, but the king of earth didn’t explain the results of these labors—nay he’d kindly left that part out altogether.
Image Credits