the Rift

[OPEN] Just A Dream [Morana]

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

Finally settling down for a nap after a long day was just what the grey mare needed to catch up on missed sleep. Her twins were asleep curled up by her side and so far dozing quietly, everything was good for the moment. Sighing softly she resisted the urge to reach out to either Levex or Aeolus and just touch their soft coats, no she would likely wake them and that was the last thing she wanted right now. Closing her iced eyes it did not take her long to succumb to exhaustion as it pulled her peacefully into a light sleep. Never having been much of a deep sleeper she was able to still get rest while still aware of anything major going on around her. While it had its advantages it also had the long list of disadvantages such as the smallest things causing her to wake up when she really did not want to.

No more than half a hour had passed before she awoke to movement at her side. At first she was tempted to ignore it thinking it was just one of the twins moving to a more comfortable position, but when it continued she was forced to open her eyes. Resisting the urge to groan she opened her eyes to see Levex and Aeolus entangled in a game they seemed to find highly entertaining. Aeolus being the smaller of the twins lay in front of Levex but their amusement seemed to stem from them taking turns to see who could grab each others ears faster with their mouth without actually moving their bodies. Raising an eyebrow she just shook her head with a chuckle as she watched them play back and forth. This continued for awhile longer before Levex caught his brothers ear much harder than intended rising a squeal from Aeolus who attempted to seek retaliation. "Enough, you do not hurt each other like that! Now both of you apologize to each other." She commented sharply. Pinning her ears back she turned her head baring her teeth as a mock threat to show she was serious. The look that she received from both colts immediately made her feel bad for being so direct but her point had been taken. She was unsure they really knew what she had said but they got the message and stopped their antics. Trying to soften her remark she gently nuzzled them both before climbing to her feet to let them have their dinner.

While they ate peacefully once they figured out who was getting what side she cropped at some of the longer grass to feed herself. Afterwards the pair of colts amused themselves exploring the small area she had allowed and playing while she stood watch nearby keeping a close eye on them both. They were no more than two days old yet already they were getting into mischief, oh geeze she really didn't want to think about what else they would get into as they got older.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @[Morana] •• NOTES: <3 ••

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Morana Posts: 37
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Candy

It felt strange being around all these winged individuals, not to mention my welcoming wasn’t the warmest of them all. The black and blue mare, the obvious appointed matriarch didn’t take to kind to my attempt to steal Hector. Perhaps it was unheard of here, to claim others within your own herd. Perhaps that’s why this just wasn’t going to cut it for me, I’ve been thinking a lot about that seal bay Pegasus that I encountered upon the beach, and also of Hector. There was just something about the way he presented himself in our first moments. A leap of faith into a new direction, but in all actuality he saved me. He saved me from the darkness and the creatures within it that were ravaging this land as if it were their own.

But here now I stood, watching the heat waves dance upon the horizon as I stand within the edge of its borders. Summer had arrived in full swing, and the heat that loomed over this place like a vulture wasn’t my reason for leaving. It wasn’t right for me to be here, and I didn’t know where I would end up, but it needed to be somewhere where I wasn’t constantly reminded of how my gift of weaponry was removed mysteriously from my bloodline. But alas, with one last look around the barren wasteland stricken with sand I turned and left. I would call upon them later; Hector the leads, to let them know I’m not leaving to be a traitor. The desert just wasn’t my place in this world.

Bleached legs coated in dust shifted upon the cracked sands, as I turned and galloped away from the dragons throat, satisfied but a feeling of regret showered my mind as I left the land that I had known since my short time here, there would be new explorations, new faces. Eagerly, I pressed forth my crimson coat sleek with sweat and dust as the soil below me changed to a more pronounced green and yellow, fresh grass protruding around my dry hooves was more than a welcome texture to my nerves. It seemed to cool almost instantly, the breeze catching my mane and brushing down my coat with a tender sweep. The air was fresh as it pushed from the side of the mountain bringing with it the scent of others. And in the distance, a cut glass wall, broken and glinting in the sun as it peaked at the mountain tops.

Easing my motions, I slowed as I took in this strange place’s beauty and unique design. I was frankly unsure if I wanted to go in, do I venture farther knowing this is a herd land. Be careful Morana, you remember how they were at the throat; not such a welcoming was it? Naturally, it wasn’t and I heeded my mother’s words as I moved with caution, there was no telling what insanities roamed through these borders, racists, rouge stallions there was a danger at every turn. But it seemed nice enough, easy on the eyes with lush green pasture and a mountain backdrop.

What have we here? Hmm? My eyes peeled across the horizon as two wee children, bounding about in laughter. They were very small, no doubt less than a week old and already frolicking around in good health. I couldn’t help but smile, as I caught site of their guardian standing not too far in the distance. A silver lady, relaxing within her home, pretty no doubt; maybe it would be good, for some friendly equine company. And for a moment, I wonder if I would come across any familiar faces.

Curious, I didn’t move any closer but instead elevated my dual toned crown against the sunlight, protruding lobes into the group direction. A lone mother with children was nothing to mess with; she had come to learn before. A soft wicker sprang from my lips in a welcoming hello, as my cream threads dipped in copper swayed behind me.

I’ll just let you come to me. Wise idea child.

Tags: @[Brisa]
Word Count: 685
Ooc: Sorry its long and winded o_o It’s been a while since I’ve posted with her xD

Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba

As the boys played around hopefully tiring themselves out, I tried to relax enjoying just standing out in the sunshine and being lazy for once. The day was beautiful and for once the weather was almost perfect, not too hot and not cold it was just right. Swatting at the flies as they buzzed around me I couldn't help but think that burning them would be so much more productive as she had done previously. Maybe it wouldn't hurt just this once... The thought was very tempting but the golden hued mares words came flooding back making her second guess herself. "I want to..but I can't risk it..what happens if I can't control it." The final decision was made on her fear of hurting those she cared about, mainly her beautiful babies. It scared her to think about the possibility but despite how much she wanted to say that Illynx was wrong, there was truth to her comments. "I really need to find someone to help me learn to control my magic." She mused silently trying to think of others that she knew that might provide some help.

Lost in my own little world for a moment or two it wasn't until Aeolus came barreling into me that I finally looked up. My blue eyes focused on the stranger that stood a couple yards from their small group staring at them with curiosity. My ears touched my skull momentarily as I turned to my colts to ensure they stayed behind me. They had picked up on the stranger before I had and were already hiding behind me nervously. Trying my best to soothe their worries I turn back to the mare wondering what it was she wanted. Returning her wicker with one of her own, I watched silently wondering what she would do next. Being another mare I was a little more calm about the fact of her potentially approaching.

The mare did not seem to be from around this area, perhaps she was looking for someone? Pricking my ears forward I took as hesitant step towards her my inner curiosity wondering where she had come from. Warm breath could be felt along my belly as both Levex and Aeo tried to look underneath me to figure out what was going on. This would be the first stranger they had met since their birth, this would be interesting to say the least. "Hello, are you looking for someone?" I finally asked my tone friendly and gentle.

Brisa talks
Brisa thinks

•• TAGS: @[Morana] •• NOTES: Experimenting with different perspective to see how it feels for her XD Hope it all makes sense ••

-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

Hidden Account
Candy

I could feel my lungs tighten with every breath as my ribs contracted with the muscle griping around them. For a moment, I stood silent and aware but focused on nothing but the children as they quickly noticed my lingering physique appearing over the meadow. I breathed, slow deep breaths doing my best to catch the oxygen my body craved after my long journey. Pelt, sleek and smoothed over its painted rustic hue appeared dotted with sweat and dust. Threads rippling along my toned nape as the wind brushed against the fibers of their very being.

Mountains, water and pine flowed through the air in circles around me. The temperature here was perfect, not scorning like the desert heat. But where was I standing exactly? I had ventured through a forest on the way here, and found myself standing on the edge of some land that was unknown to me. Pools of crystal reflect the approaching mare as she questions my arrival with the children cowering behind her. Was I looking for someone? I didn’t think I was, honestly I had no idea what I was doing at that exact moment. I had just turned a blind eye to the throat, though after my last encounter I feel they won’t notice my absence. Aside from Hector- maybe that handsome body might.

Shrugging my thoughts aside, calmly I collect myself as I watch her near. Lobes turn back against my rustic brow as I watch her motions, liquid and smooth. Unsure of how to answer her question, I force a gentle smile upon my painted lips of velvet, and shake my head in acknowledgement. ”Simply lost I’m afraid.” I spoke softly, letting my eyes peek to the youth behind her, noting their appearance and offering a sly grin. ”Could you tell me where I am please?” eyes flicked up from the children and upon the silver mare. Where those her children? I couldn’t help but wonder if perhaps, they’d been taken or adopted? They had some resemblance, but hybrids.

You’re forgetting something. If she wishes to know my name mother, she will ask it of me. You drive me crazy sometimes, always lingering around in my head like some govern pushing and pulling. It was rather annoying, but frankly I enjoyed the company while in solitude.

Tags: @[Brisa]
Word Count: 389
Ooc: Apologies for the wait.

Normal Speech
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
Table coded by Abba

Drawing to a halt off a little ways from the bay coloured mare, she turns her head to check where the boys had stopped beside her. Aeolus had Levex practically glued to his side and both of them were invisibly tethered to her side. Whenever she moved they moved, it was almost like a dance only with many awkward steps on both their parts as they bumped up against her still chubby side. Turning her attention back to the stranger her eyes grazed over the sleek frame of muscle before her. White patches adorned her body in places and she smelled of something strange. Perhaps she was from an outside herd? No wait, there was a glimmer of something she had smelled before around Helovia. Perhaps a herd she had not come across yet?

As the soft response reaches her ears she softens her expression a little further. She knew what it was like to be lost and have no clue where the hell you where. That much she could sympathize with and her politeness helped ease her worries that this was just some false facade. " You have come across one of the Helovian herds, we stand within the Edge's borders here." She replied softly motioning around to the surrounding area. It was difficult to determine where one land started and another ended to be honest. There had been many times she had wandered too close into one of the other herds and have someone inform her that she was trespassing. While occasionally it was without venom in their tone she had encountered the odd individual that had half torn her head off over such a mistake.

" My name is Brisa and these two are Aeolus and Levex." Introducing them all she nudged their necks affectionately trying to persuade them to not be so frightened of the big scary stranger who seemed to be anything but. Aeolus only responded with a soft snort and moving away no more than half a step. Oh well she could only try, at least he dared to show more of himself rather than just his handsome face. Her gaze hovered momentarily over the white brindling that was slowly starting to fade into his dark coat, it was a mystery where he had inherited that.

" Are you new to Helovia..?" She asked finally as she turned her gaze back to encompass the painted mare again. She would have used her name but she couldn't remember if it had been mentioned yet or not, she didn't think it had been.

Brisa talks
Aeolus talks
Levex talks

•• TAGS: @[Morana] •• NOTES: No worries ^^ ••

Hidden Account
Candy

Gentle breaths took in the world around me, the smell of the cream mare and her children were only a small fraction of the aromas that danced upon the winds. As she speaks, I listen politely as the last thing I would need now, is trouble. I already had one herd that was out to ring my neck, I didn’t need another one. Edge. Why did that sound so familiar to me? Someone had mentioned it to me not so long ago. I turned my head and gazed into the distance for a moment, perhaps in hopes to see his face; Note. It was he who mentioned this place only briefly when he discovered I was from the throat. After his explosive anger, our meeting was cut far too short. And I could only wonder, was he here?

A few steps advanced me closer to the mare and her children as I offered a small gentle smile. I was cautious, and unaware of the herd standings between the throat and the edge. "Forgive me, I do not mean to trespass." I spoke sternly, glancing around the lands before me in amusement. The tattered messy glass barrier seemed but a useless ruin standing between the outside world, and those that inhabit the Edge. Crystal pools glanced once more upon the face of the mare and her children as she began introduction. Brisa. Aeolus. Levex. Names noted as ivory lips curved into a relaxed warm smile.

I said nothing however and just watched silently as the young foals remained rather hidden behind their dam. "Such lovely little ones." I complemented to their pronounced beauty; deep down I had always admired foals and their bonded mothers. It was eventually my duty to become a mother, but that’s in the far off future. Her following question struck me kind of odd- but it wasn’t her fault to assume me new, given I wasn’t sure where I was standing. "I hail from Dragons Throat, or did.." I lingered on the last bit of whispers that escaped my lips as I turned to gaze into the deserts direction.

Maybe I had made a dire mistake, I can’t just.. leave.

"My name is Morana, I was just… exploring." I breathed softly, shifting bleached legs among the tall grasses that tickled them. Sweat coated my body, and I could only imagine how rough I looked to them poor babies. And then it occurred to me, Note. I wonder if the white lady had known him? Does he reside here? Almost unable to keep my excitement contained I blurted out in question of the beast. "Worlds Edge, is it? Do you know a Pegasus stallion by the name of Note?" My tone was soft, curious and eager to hear an answer from her. Why did I want to see him again so badly?

Why, to make sure he was ok of course.

Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
@[Brisa]
Morana
Image Credit

Aeolus was quite a character in all his attempted braveness. When her gaze again turned to them she chuckled softly as she observed the hesitant steps being made towards the mare, who was now known to them as Morana. Levex was still unsure about the whole situation so he had hung back for a couple moments before he realized his brother was not by his side any longer. Shuffling sideways to once again become glued to Aeolus he half tripped over his own long legs catching himself only in time to avoid his brother as he shot backwards spooked by the sudden noises of movement behind him. The pair of them reminded her of the young rabbits who had just started wandering outside their burrows. Should so much as a peep be heard elsewhere they were gone like a shot running for cover only to realize a second later that they are over reacting.

There had been a time in her life where she had been just as timid and reactive to every little sound, but thankfully she had begun to overcome it. While she still had a long way to go in the process she felt already as if there was a major difference that had occurred. "No harm done." she said finally replying to Morana's most recent lyrics. " It can be difficult to figure out where one land starts and another ends." Hearing the praise offered to her babies a smile turned her lips up in gratitude.

As she continued to listen to the words spoken she began to wonder what Morana meant by used to hail from the Dragon's Throat. Had she been banished from their lands? Did she just leave on her own free will? Surely she would hope that it had been on her own choice, was this why she had come this far? Choosing rather to not voice these questions aloud she tried to sweep them away for a later conversation perhaps. The final question surprised her as Note was mentioned. She would like to know the answer herself as a matter of fact, how dare he just leave as he did. " He lives here, or well I think he still does." She commented a little sharper than she had intended.

It was not Morana's fault that Note had seemed to just drop off the face of this earth there was no reason to let her anger out on her. " I have not seen him around here in the last number of months i'm afraid. If you happen to come across him again by chance you can tell him I am looking for him. Note is actually the sire of these two but I have not heard or seen him since the one night we shared together. He does not even know the outcome of that night as he disappeared shortly afterwards." Softening her tone considerably a mixture of anger and sorrow flashed through her heart making it ache. Maybe he had always planned to leave like this and she was just the stupid moron who fell for him.

Letting her gaze fall to the earth below for a couple moments as she collected her thoughts only to stuff them back down into the jar and seal it shut once more. Shaking off the topic she managed a small smile again as she lifted her gaze once more to be polite. " If you need a place to stay I would be more than happy to show you around the Edge. Only if you wanted of course. I doubt there would be any problems should you wish to stay longer with us here." She offered graciously. Regardless of the circumstances that caused Morana to leave her home, the least she could do was to offer her the chance to stay here. She would need to approve it with Kahlua and Kaj before a final decision was made but she could not see a reason they would turn her away.

Brisa talks
Aeolus talks
Levex talks

•• TAGS: @[Morana] •• NOTES: -- ••

Hidden Account
Candy

Graced with her blessing and forgiveness for crossing into the borders of a forged landscape I remained firm in my stance as I gazed upon the approaching foals. Innocence was so sweet and savory, and more often than not it was taken away far too soon. Tiara, carved in blotches of ivory gave a delicate bob to the mare in recognition. Indeed it was difficult to tell where one land ended, and one began; the throat was not this blended however; going from a heated desert to the land of green was very drastic and beautiful. The short silence between us was filled with amusement of watching the children emerge from their mother’s backside. Their curious steps made me flutter with envy, to be so young and careless; to not know the difference in good and evil. I sighed faintly, returning baby blues upon the alabaster mare, her features changing as the tone spilled from her lips. Cupped lobes perked to the hopes she had been waiting for- the seductive Pegasus did reside here, or did.

I’m sure my expression remained rather blank, but my eyes tingled with curiosity, was this mare the love he had spoken of, surely not as to his mention she lived in the throat. Her following statement intrigued me somewhat, and made me wonder how my one night with him on that cold beach within his warm caress would have gone. The poor thing, knocked up and abandoned, but by such a kind gentle creature; or was I sorely mistake for Note being a night predator? It was obvious she had some emotion for the Pegasus, but I didn’t feel sorry for her; but the children. I pried my eyes from her angered pools, and gazed upon the youth in all their beauty. At least the shire had gifted her with such a prize, both healthy and stunning. I returned, to look upon the alabaster mare and offered a smile of comfort; oddly thankful nothing between her and the stallion happened that night.

"I only met him momentarily in late winter." I spoke in assurance; perhaps she had seen him after their meeting? "Should I find him again, I will nudge him in your direction." I finished, taking a step closer to the delicate babes that stood between us. One day, I would have a child- or two. Just not yet; one a stallion worthy of his loins.. Hector. Now that was a champion. As the kind mare Brisa, offered to give an escort around the Edge, a smile tugged upon my lips. It would be nice, to have a friend somewhere; and perhaps upon their walk they could get to know one another better. "I would love a preview of your beautiful home. As it’s getting late, would your leadership mind me resting here for the night?" I inquired, and walked closer to the mare, muzzle extending to her in a gesture of thanks, and acceptance of the warm welcome.

@[Brisa]
Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
@[Brisa]
Morana
Image Credit

Still mentally in a foul mood thanks to Note once again occupying her thoughts the grey was determined not to let it spill over into her visualized mood. There had been many times that she had done this in the past so it was not as difficult as it once was, simply like slipping a mask in place to completely hide the pain written across her face. Life was simply a game of charades, you either prevailed or you foundered into oblivion.

Her expression softened to banish the anger that had once pooled there as she gazed upon the painted mare before her. Morana was a very pretty mare with what seemed to be a good head upon her shoulders, hopefully she would be smart enough not to fall for someone like she had. Then again she had once thought herself smart enough but Note had proven to her that she was the same sucker that she had been the first time. Why was it so hard to ask that a stallion be faithful to their words and true to their hearts? The gods sure made a mistake somewhere in the whole male creation process, they had forgotten to instill them with even an ounce of responsibility. Either that or they wound up losing it somewhere between a yearling and maturity when they walked into stupidville for lessons on how to be a stallion.

One thing that she was sure about, her colts would not be allowed to forget this piece of information as they aged. They needed to understand the differences between right and wrong and she was going to make sure it was never ever forgotten. Twitching her ears to attention as Morana's words hit her again a small smirk dawned. " Much appreciated." She commented lightly with a small nod.

"I highly doubt they would mind in the slightest. We may even run into them on a brief tour. You have nothing to worry about while you are here." At the mention of a tour she could sense both Aeolus and Levex staring at her with anticipation. A tour meant going somewhere and going somewhere meant they could explore, did they never tire of this she wondered silently. Aeolus took a few hesitant steps over to Morana before stopping to stare up at her with bright inquisitive eyes. " What's tat?" he commented gently motioning towards the amulet around the painted mares neck. You could tell the temptation to reach out and touch it was bugging him but she could only chuckle at his restraint. At least he was trying to be polite she thought with a slight shrug.

Brisa talks
Aeolus talks
Levex talks

•• TAGS: @[Morana], @[Kaj] •• NOTES: Tagged Kaj if he is not busy to drop in :) ••