the Rift

show me the answers I need to know

Delium Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Delium
The heat had begun to rise to accommodate for Tallsun’s seasonal nature. The mostly ebony fur did not easily accept the temperature, but his winter coat had already shed as the world transitioned into Birdsong. The seasons rotated, but it fell into a pattern and that pattern was a loop.The quest itself would be filled with repetition as he mused at his objectives, and each one had its own agenda to mark what would end the journey to this unknown. To where his half-sister would reside. He shivered with anticipation against the air; and its low velocity of a wind.

He stepped with as much grace as he could pronounce. Someone would have noticed the way his mane and tail swished and glistened - bathing even- in the sunlight. His coat shared a nice addition of white painted onto his legs and body. Undeniably, a smooth gait could catch one’s attention. Delium, he was, and someone who would be regarded as regally should he maintained the best of himself cosmetically. But nobody watched for that time until his strength was sapped and stunted his fabricated movement for the time being. The stag halted briefly, and amber orbs indulged in inspection of this forest. Obviously the land was more than foreign to his eyes, but he had to remind himself (a mental-slap) it wasn’t time to glance at every little detail in this place and he had to focus on the more important task at hand: his half-sister.

His mind flickered between the info he knew and what he believed he knew about the woman he had never even met. All he could gather was the blood-relation, but his brain functioned well to imagine scenarios and imagery of what she would look like. Like him? Like their dad? Though, he decided not to dwell upon his father’s image and the bile rose up his throat at even the thought of him. Eventually it faded away enough he could focus on another topic, and he thought of his sister again. During his journey, he had a few dreams where he had imagined another unicorn with a dark coat, and a friendly attitude towards the thought of having her own sibling. He, too, would rejoice at it. Now, when he had a hunch he was very close to meeting her soon, the aging stag thought of how she would truly react.

Never mind that. Exhaustion nipped at his ankles. Stubbornness rattled his drowsy senses, and he wanted to keep searching for her. Not now, his conscience reminded him; not to overwork himself, to rest. He reluctantly agreed, but he would reach his goal. There wasn’t any other place to welcome him home, but he never gave it much thought if he would be accepted into his sister’s herd with ease or not.

OOC: @[Delinne] , though anyone can enter as well (EDIT: since Delinne is AA'd for now, anyone can truly enter), I s'pose o; He may end up a part of Falls based on the conversation? Regardless, I'm psyched to play him wherever he goes!

a winter's tale
Image Credit

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
Arah
The temperature difference from here and The Basin was extremely noticeable, a light sheen of sweat covered her ivory body. Tallsun was truly beginning to take ahold of Helovia, the land warmed and new possibilities arrived with the change in season. Her pace was leisurely, just a stroll through The Threshold and perhaps this time she would find a credible recruit for The Basin, the land that she served. Wynter flew in front of her, surveying the area and also on the look out for possible prey. The warning call made Arah jump before pausing and waiting for Wynter to land beside her. Once there her bonded flashed that side that awaited her. A stallion bathing in the sunlight, his coat a mix of colours. Pondering a moment, the doe decided to approach him. Shrugging through the trees, Arah came to a stop before the new comer and studied him for herself now. His black coat, which blended to white on her feathered feet, face and a spot near his shoulder. Yellow eyes that seemed to have seen some cruelty in their time, he had a thick build which Arah continued to watch. The sundays bounced off his coat, bleeding out some of his colour in the direct sunlight. Blinking a few times before stepping into some sunlight herself, the doe smiled.

"Hello." A hymn of pure innocence crossed her lips, her face empty of emotions. Wynter stood proudly beside her mistress, feathers still slightly ruffled from the flight. Hair draped over her shoulders tumbling to the ground in elegant waves while her tail had swept along the ground behind her. A pristine ice crown rested between her ears and antlers, around her neck hung a simple ruby pendant. Her ivory coat was groomed, shining in the light that the sun provided. The contrast in their coats was almost amusing to Arah, perhaps she was overtired after all. Moving closer still, now with a polite smile painting her lips, the doe tilted her head to the side. Parts of her forelock tumbled over her face, falling delicately around her elegant features. Growing bored quickly, Wynter began to weave her way through Arah's legs. In an attempt to get Arah's attention, at times she would tug on Arah's bleached mane. Promptly ignoring the little brat, the doe continued to study the new comer in all his glory. What was he doing here? Was there family waiting or him or was he looking for a new start? With a respectful bow of her head, Arah spoke again. "Do you require any assistance?"

@[Delium]
And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Unregistered
Delium
Impulsive; that was how he felt - the urge to move and weave through the trees shadowing the sun, and continue with his journey. Except the relaxation was too short-lived for the draft to move without a soreness in the soles of his large feet. He already felt his past too clearly with the lack of sleep and rest, and only tedious repetition during the trainee years. This was different. He could rest without a sound wave busting his ear drums, and the temporary deafness that came from it. However, he wanted to move without a second thought. The goal remained with more woken thoughts about his blood. He wanted to finally see if his sister; wondered if she was as handsome as he was. Though he was very handsome alone, and nothing should match it so very easily. Not even if a pretty doe had approached in the midst of the forest's irritating pattern that confused weary travelers with ease.

It was a doe who stood there. It made it much easier for him not to sound so frank as a clear indication of her subspecies - evidently sprouted from her cranium - calmed his tongue. Though, he never failed to grace his features with a smile and a smooth transition into his weary phase whereas her face was empty of any emotion. Eventually, her own smile was etched upon the velvety muzzle. "Why, hello." he replied smoothly to the mare, and the odd creature weaving between her legs was left ignored. Golden orbs focused upon the one who mattered more, and deserved his attention. The creature could earn his favor easily, but the sight of another unicorn merely filled a partial area of the loneliness that wrestled with his mentality. Now he tilted his own head, and thoughts bustled with decisions. Should he tell her about his unknown sister? That was his only reason to arrive, but she was awaiting an answer and his voice shouldn't be left abandoned for silence's grace. Something should be provided.

He stood in the most regal wannabe way he could. If he was going to sound like an idiot, he might as well look good doing it. "Assistance? Possibly." Delium told her. He was definitely lost in this maze of trees and vegetation, and he nursed his pride over the poor directions he conducted his body to aim for. Yet that wouldn't be mentioned very easily over that fact. "I'm looking for someone. I'm rather sick of not knowing how to escape this area, too." Irritation in his tone bristled as his words slipped from dark lips. Maybe the doe could help. It was better than wandering around until he collapsed from exhaustion. And he couldn't contain his impatience to keep drifting until he found his sister upon chance.

@[Arah]
a winter's tale
Image Credit

Arah
Dipping her head in acknowledgement of his response, Arah simply stood and waited for a response. There seemed to be a small battle going on inside him, that or he wasn't sure if Arah could actually assist him. Sighing gently, The Doe tipped her head to the side, watching and studying the way he stood and held himself. A flutter of nervous butterflies flapped in the bottom of her stomach, the last time she had attempted to recruit someone the end result had been disastrous. In fact she still had unfinished business with the arrogant stud but here attention shifted back to the dark stallion before her as he finally spoke. She listened to his words and what seemed to be irritation laced his words. While her small small did not falter, her eyes roamed over his form before she responded. "Getting out of this forest I can help with." How many times had she passed through The Threshold now? In all honesty she had lost count. "I hail from Aurora Basin, a home not quite for the faint of heart." A gentle breeze picked up, maligning her forelock dance across her face and land lightly over her eyes. Shaking it out of the way a sigh escaped through her mussel, the length was starting to get slightly out of hand. "It lays in the north, perhaps if you are interested in learning more, I could give you a tour?" It would be up to Lady Illynx, Lord Deimos or a high ranking member to accept him into the herd however.

"As too who your looking for I can not promise to be of much use." Wynter tugged at her hair that has piled on the floor, demanding Arah's attention. The doe however focused on the stallion that remained before her, watching and waiting wondering if he was going to give her a larger explanation or even a small description of who he was searching for. It was true, she had met many different souls during her travels. Perhaps she knew how he was searching for, all she needed was a name or a description. "A sibling? Friend? Perhaps I have met them on my travels." Straightening up her posture, Arah continued to keep her eyes trained on the stag. Most might find her golden gaze unnerving, so in a way so was testing his nerve. The sun beat down on her back and now a silence fell, her ice crown glistened in the light. It was a curious artefact, never melting, never slipping from her brow. It seemed to make more sense when she wore it in The Basin, perhaps next time she would leave it with one of her daughters. Wynter growing tried of the meeting began to wondered off to study a near by flower that was wilting in the heat. Gently pawing at it the petals all fell to the ground, littering the grass with a bright red colour. "Bí cúramach. Thorns could be hiding anywhere, yet the griffin ignored her warning.

@[Delium] Would you like me to tag you every time I respond?

Unregistered
Delium
His irritation continued to brew, but it had lessen with the words his ears demanded to hear. It was an uplifting sensation, and he couldn't help the sudden relief he breathed from his maw. Still, he disliked having to show a weakness in front of his own kin. It meant punishment; toughen up well and reward was the nicer option. Whether it was more positive or less negative, it was something he dreaded to find out by his own sire. By anyone really. It was a reward, right? This doe could guide him out of this place. By the time he spoke, it was back to a fabricated sound of bliss, "That would be most excellent." His dark brow quirked; the name where she came from was very much foreign to him as it was this damn forest. He could definitely check it out to see if his sister was there. Her warning was clear in a voice who had seen much, but he could handle it no doubt. He was tough! He wasn't bred to be weak. He was already weak to thinking, but he was eager to grasp a possible clue. "A tour! Yes, I would like to have a tour where your Aurora Basin is." Perhaps he said it too eagerly with a childish light dancing across his face, but even so, he snorted in amusement over the forelock - like a child. A few strands could be swept by the breeze, but nothing to hinder his vision.

She wanted to provide some insight for his quest, he mused. Except his info was extremely vague in detail. How could he explain someone who he had never heard the name or appearance of? Her gaze made it harder to channel a plan to explain the reason to his journey. He attempted it anyway with his posture straightening up and his own gaze wavering. "I'm looking for my sister. I do not know her name or how she looks, but she is probably very handsome like myself." That should be helpful. His last statement was partially dipped in sarcasm, but a sibling of his should look pretty attractive. The bird creature wandered off, but the doe uttered something unfamiliar to him. Delium's head tilted sideways. "I didn't catch that last part."

@[Arah] OOC: If you don't mind, that would be swell! Do you want me to do the same? Also, sorry for the very late reply, I forgot to turn on my email notifications so the update bypassed me completely. I fixed it now so replies should be swifter. ;;

a winter's tale
Image Credit

Arah
With a slight narrowing of her eyes, she watched as his dark brow quirked; it was a curious reaction and not one she had expected. The response that came was gear and excited, perhaps he knew more about Helovia than what he had originally let on. Or maybe the one he sought lived within the confinements of The Basin. A snort of what appeared to be amusement and the wind picked up a few strands of hair; for a moment Arah simply stood and watched him not moving. Golden orbs weighed up the sight before her, judging and considering just what he may be able to offer to her Lord and Lady. Then with a nod of her crowned ivory head the doe confirmed the 'appointment'. "Then we shall leave this forest soon." A few stray hairs danced in the breeze that surrounded them, she did not wish to rush him or leave the beautiful warmth. It was after all a beautiful day the heat warmed her blood and reminded her of home that she had left before finding Helovia. Wynter was growing restless, wanting to hunt and play in the new scents that could be found in The Threshold. Arah ignored her, wanting to give her full attention to the stallion that still could pose a threat or who might make a great recruit for The Basin. It always seemed to be one or the other.

Watching as his posture straightened up and returned her gaze, his own was slightly wavering. A sister? She pressed her chops together as she thought about the members of The Basin that possibly looked something like him. Some came to mind, but she was any sure about any of them. "While we look around The Basin, we can keep an eye out for your sister." There were no assurances in her response, she did not wish to get his hopes up. After speaking to Wynter, Delium's head tilted sideways. Giggling at him it was a moment before Arah finally responded. "Celtic, the native tongue of my people." Turning to gesture towards the exploring griffin, Arah continued. "Wynter only responds to commands given to her in this tongue, it helps me keep a little more control over her." The doe was fairly sure that the young griffin understood the language they spoke in Helovia, yet Wynter only listened too her. This had been intentional and quite rewarding. "I was warning her to be careful." Then with a smile Arah stepped closer. It was time that both griffin and doe left this heat and returned to The Basin. "Are you ready to leave sir? The way out is in that direction." The crowned doe elegantly pointed in the direction from which she had come.

@[Delium] - Bleh, low on muse. Sorry this is horrid.