the Rift

[OPEN] What is a god anyway?

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia
The young colt hoped he would not get into to much trouble for wondering away from his mother, but he was tried of sticking to her side. He wanted to see the World's Edge for himself and right now seemed good enough to him. The horned and winged buckskin made his way carefully through the lands. The pine trees swayed softly in a cool breeze as he trotted. He paused now and then to sniff and tasty a piece of grass, nibbling slowly. The silver buckskin colt nibbled softly on some tender blades before picking up the pace. Now that he was on his own and not racing for some egg, he had wanted so bad to get, he could run for the joy of it. He squealed and kicked up his heads flipping his black and white tipped mane laughing as he ran.

He was heading west and had already passed a pool of water and a huge lone tree. He pushed on faster cantering along happily tossing his head and flapping his still tiny wings. He wasn't sure where he was going, but he was sure he would notice when he was getting close to the border, there seemed to be something see through and shinny all around the lands. Suddenly the foal threw on the breaks his rear legs sliding neatly under his hindquarters. Something very odd yet wonderful was in front of him. He tilted his head to the side as he uncurled his body. Cautiously Ilios made his way forwards bright silver eyes fixed in awe on the statue before him. "What is this place?" He spoke allowed to himself.

"Talking"’Thinking’
Words: 275 He is at the shrine and would love for anyone(ones) to come explain what it is!
Ilios
You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
"What is this place?" I hear the innocent voice echo through the forests. It sounds like a boy. Well, a boy who's balls haven't quite dropped. Or maybe a girl? I honestly can't tell. So, I walk towards the sound, my curiosity piqued. "You're in the World's Edge." My voice is soft. I see this young colt before halting. "Do you see this fog?" I pause for a moment, looking deeper into the forests of this land. I feel the need to call upon the Goddess of the Moon. Would she be upset if I brought this colt along? He seems harmless, but I decide I should get to know him before taking him to see the goddess of this land.

"Where is your mother, little boy?" My voice is sweet an innocent. There is an overwhelming urge to protect this little boy. It's as if my motherly instincts have finally kicked in. He makes me think about Faeanne and Ryuu. My two children, where are they? Has this guy's mom lost his mother and father? Has he been abandoned? I could surely take him in if he lacks a home. He's a beautiful combination of black, beige, and... green-blue? He has leaves draped across his face and down his neck. Shall I even mention the little numb of a horn growing on his forehead? Inside, I'm yelling at myself to get away from the unicorn baby, for they only cause problems. I do know that there is a chance this baby isn't racist, like I assume those of the north are, but I still worry. What if his mother turns out to be the lead of the unicorns? What in the heavens am I supposed to do then?

Am I supposed to just become a prisoner to be experimented on? On the inside, I scoff at myself. I would need to be strong and get away from the unicorns of the north. I didn't have enough strength to get away from the crazies... I need to train. The idea of training makes me cringe, but I need to learn. I do not care how many battles I loose, as long as I continue to learn, to be better. Once I am better, I can rise in ranks and effectively protect whatever herd I am in. So, what now? What do I do with this foal? After all, it's not like he could train me. I have no use.

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Aeolus Posts: 100
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

They had only meant to explore a little while their mom slept but then they kept finding new things within their home and now they seem to have gotten themselves rather lost. Looking left then right the two contemplated which way would lead back to where they had started. Levex had chosen the last direction and so far it only got them further from their mom, well maybe considering they hadn't the faintest idea where they were. Many times the pair argued about calling out for their mom to come find them but they they never did as they knew they would be in trouble for wandering off on their own. Watching his buckskin brother for a minute it was clear that he did not recognize anything around them, great now what were they supposed to do?

"Maybe we should call mom now.." He stated turning to face Levex flicking his short tail around. In all honesty both the colts would much rather continue exploring but they did not want to make their mom mad at them. Nothing had happened to them yet, surely she couldn't get too angry with them, right?

"But..I'm sure that we came this way.." Levex commented moving towards his brother. "You said that the last fifty hundred times! We haven't found anything yet we recognize, we are lost.

Sighing Aeolus nipped at his brother's neck completely frustrated only to have to duck away quickly as he tried to retaliate. Trotting forward Aeolus ducked underneath some bushes before something moved up ahead making him freeze in his tracks. Mom? No whatever it was there was two of em.. [color=#F7F697"Over here, I might have found.."[/color] His words were cut off as Levex came barreling through the bushes crashing into him. Both of them tumbled to the ground with a thud half landing on top of each other. "Hey! What did you do that for?! Levex protested pinning his ears back once he finally managed to figure out which way was up. Aeolus pinned his own ears staring at his brother for a minute before voices drifted into focus distracting the pair. Someone was over there..but who?

Aeolus talks
Levex talks

•• TAGS: @[Ilios], @[Aurelia] •• NOTES: This is for both Aeolus and Levex until I get Levex a chart XD All the bratty boys getting into trouble ••

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Parelia hadn't been sleeping, but she had told him to stay where he was. Like he would really listen, the colt had yet to get into trouble, but this expedition might just help him with that. The thing in front of him was odd, but he felt drawn to it. As if the thing had properties he could only wish to understand. The soft clop of hooves made his spin around his little wings quivering softly. He realized the mare was behind him to late to run, but she didn't really seem to be a threat. As she spoke his ears flicked back slightly, of course he was in The World's Edge he knew that. He hadn't meant the land, but the thingy behind his slim buckskin frame. The young colt supposed the mare was speaking of the wet clouds like stuff that rose from the ground, instead of moving over the sky. He nodded softly, trying to make his voice sound brave, "Ya ma'am, what about it though?" His pretty head tilted to the right curiously. Yet was weird stuff, but he was sure the golden mare had seen it before.

He lowered his bright silver gaze shamefully, "She is back in the meadow, in the middle of the territory. I.. I wanted to explore." He explained slowly turning his eyes back onto hers. He smiled softly moving his ivy striped legs forward a step or two, his squeaky voice stronger, "I am Ilios, my mother Parelia, and I are new here. It's very nice to meet you Miss?" He lowered his front legs in a slight bow. One thing his cremello mother had already pounded into his young head, was that it was best to be polite to everyone. More voices interrupted his thoughts making his tiny ears prick and swivel. "Do you hear voices?" He spoke softly steel orbs fixing on the bushes around them searching for movement.

"Talking"’Thinking’
Words: 321
OOC: He is so darn cute lol.
Ilios
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

baylee
"Ya ma'am, what about it though?" His voice is innocent in only a way a child's voice can be... or Kahlua. I guess there really isn't much of a difference between Kahlua and a child though. Bot laugh as if the world is okay. "Anything the fog touches, is this herd's. The Goddess of the Moon rules these lands." I pause for a moment as a teethy grin crosses my maw. "Perhaps I can take you to see her one day. My position as seer allows me to summon her." I hear echoes of voices, but I don't pay much attention to them. There are many horses in these lands, I wouldn't be surprised if there was a gathering over there.

"She is back in the meadow, in the middle of the territory. I.. I wanted to explore." I wonder who his mother is. No one I've seen looks like him. I know Brisa was pregnant, but this spawn looks nothing like her. Brisa was stark all over, where as this guy is beige with leaf markings and a black mane and tail. He has a horn, where as Brisa does not. "Exploring is fun, little one. I don't blame you for leaving her side. However, you must know, there can be danger. Though, you are pretty safe here. Just know that there is a cliff over there." Maybe I'm telling him this so he doesn't blindly walk off the side of it. It'd be a shame to hear of a dead foal, especially considering I could've saved said foal. "I am Ilios, my mother Parelia, and I are new here. It's very nice to meet you Miss?" Ah, a mare named Parelia gave birth to this little one. Seems reasonable that I haven't met his mother. This is a big herd with many horses. I, for one, am quite happy to meet this colt. This means I may be able to meet his mother sometime. "I am Aurelia, the World's Edge Seer. Have you enjoyed your time here, Ilios?" My smile grows wider. He's so sweet and innocent. I just want to squeeze him, he's so cute!

"Do you hear voices?" "Yes."

ooc: omgggg worst post everrrr x__x it'll get better hopefully!

nickel

Listening quietly for a few moments longer until the voices lapsed briefly into silence both boys tried to maneuver themselves so that they could untangle their extremities from one another. It always seemed to work out that one of them was sitting on part of the other but they couldn't move before the other. After a bit of trial and error they both managed to climb back to their feet and shake themselves off. Turning his back to his brother Aeolus took a few hesitant steps closer to where whoever was on the other side of the bushes. A small hill led up to the thick layer of shrubbery separating them with a small ditch at the bottom. Hopping over it with ease he wandered up to the bush. Ducking his head with a little hesitance in his movement he tried to peer between the branches to make out what the others looked like.

Levex after a moment figured out what he was doing and came to investigate himself pushing himself up alongside Aeolus. The quieter of the pair seemed to be a colt perhaps from what they could make out but its colours were rather odd. Maybe if they could actually see him without all the leaves and branches in the way.. Levex took a couple short steps trying to stick his head between the branches to get a better look. Twisting his small head as he pushed aside some of the smaller branches something began tickling his nose. Casting his gaze down his long face he saw that some ugly creature with wings had seemingly attached itself to his nose. A frightened squeal tore from his throat as he threw his head backwards snapping some of the thin branches in the process as his small hooves dug into the dirt. Forgetting all about his brother standing behind him he finally managed to rip himself free only to run straight into Aeolus once again sending them tumbling down the small embankment below.

Aeolus had heard his brother's squeal but before he could react Levex came tearing backwards into him. If they were on flat ground he would have likely been able to just shift out of the way but being on a hill his sidestepping failed miserably and sent him rolling down the hill his brother not far behind. Pain shot through his ankle as he landed awkwardly only to have Levex land on top of him. Groaning he could only lay there while his brother tried to right himself and move off of him. Seriously why did this have to happen to him twice in one day? Mom was going to kill them if she ever found out. Slightly dazed he allowed his head to flop to the ground before trying to move himself out of the ditch.

Aeolus talks
Levex talks

•• TAGS: @[Ilios], @[Aurelia] •• NOTES: Sorry about wait had trouble trying to come up with something ••

[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]

Ilios
The colt listened intently to the mare's words, goddess? His horned head tilted to the right and he spoke again, "What is a Goddess?" Her smile is returned with his own young innocent grin. One day he might even be a lady killer with his smooth talk and charming smile, not to mention his very different coloring. The future was so far away though, and right now excitement was flooding his young body. "Visit the Goddess with you?! That would be amazing Miss!" It took every once of self control the young colt possessed to keep himself from bouncing. Instead his tiny teal and silver wings flapped excitedly as if on it's own accord.

He dipped his head slightly ashamed of himself for sneaking away from his mother. He took her words to heart and followed her words to the direction of the cliff. He nods again letting his light voice ring again, "Thank you, I had no idea that there was a cliff there." He could only imagine falling off the cliff falling forever, maybe if he could fly it would have been different, even fun to jump and fly from it. He smiled and dipped his head as she said her name at last, "It is a pleasure to meet you Miss Aurelia. I have really enjoyed it here. I wish there was some other foals my age here though..."

Ilios's tiny ears and still been swiveling to catch the sound of the voices again, and when the squeal split the air he couldn't help but investigate. He gazed for a second at Aurelia then turned quickly to the sound and trotted off towards it. As he reached the bushes he stopped just in time to keep from tumbling down the hill. Down below he spotted the two colts untangling themselves. His voice was concerned, "Are you two ok?"

"Speech"
Words: 311
OOC: @[Aurelia] @[Aeolus]
Knight in Golden Armor
Image Credit
Tag me

baylee
What is a goddess? "A god or goddess is a horse that has all the control over one element. There is the Goddess of the Moon, she's the ruler of these lands, there is the God of the Sun, the ruler of the Dragon's Throat, there is the God of the Earth, who I imagine is the ruler over the Hidden Falls, and there is the God of the Spark. These for gods together, know all. They know your name, my name, everyone's names. They know so much about their element, too! Occasionally, they give magic to us, the mortals." I breath in and smile. Does that explain what a god is? I don't know, really, but this foal is already speaking again, so I decide that my answer was sufficient. "Youngling, there are plenty of foals here!" Suddenly, two foals come tumbling towards us.

They are so damn cuteeeee! I could just eat them up! The first foal i notice has a creamy pink body and wings and a horn, too. His legs are a dark black. "Are you two okay? Where are your mothers?" My god, are all the foals wandering around tonight? Motherless, perhaps? My children are motherless, because I'm a terrible mom. Should I tell them about my children? What the worst that could happen? Perhaps, I will tell them my tales later. "Do you two feel okay? If not, I'm sure we could find a medic somewhere around here... or maybe your moms?" I don't even know what to do. I feel like I should return them to their mothers, but who are their mothers?

ooc:; sorry for shortness and wait x_x @[Ilios] @[Aeolus]

nickel

From his current vantage point stuck laying beneath his brother the colt could see nothing but the green grass dancing around his nose as he breathed. Wiggling with impatience he managed to twist himself free and sit up to glare at his brother in annoyance. Finding the source of the pain within his ankle to be his genius brother sitting on it he butted his head against his flank. "Get off of my foot!" He seethed resisting the urge to bite Levex as his ears touched back to his skull. Mother did not like it when they bit each other and right now he did not want to risk getting in anymore trouble than they already were. Watching his twin organize his thoughts and account for all body parts he shifted sideways freeing up the pinned foot. As he turned his head Aeolus could not but help but break out into a fit of laughter by what was still stuck upon his brothers face. A large moth clung on for dear life to the delicate hairs on Levex's muzzle, so this was why he had panicked. As the "monster" decided to take his leave while he could both colts exchanged looks before both joining in on the laughter.

Extending his legs out Aeolus heaved himself to his feet warily putting a small amount of weight on his hind ankle. The pain was there but it wasn't all that bad, looks like he would live another day to eventually get back at Levex. Looking up he only now became aware of the two faces looking down at them with concern. Well this couldn't be more embarrassing now could it... His blue eyes gazed curiously between the two strangers unsure what to say now that they were being put on the spot. "We are ok, right?" Levex's voice came from behind his brother as he picked himself up to turn his head while concerned two toned eyes locked on him.

Nodding with a little uncertainty Aeolus tried to brush off his little injury and make it look as if nothing was wrong. Where are your mothers? Exchanging guilty glances both colts knew that they had been caught, might as well tell the truth now. Aeolus spoke up to answer the older pegasus's question. "Well ummm... mom was sleeping.. and then we found some cool things nearby.. And we got lost. Levex finished for him ducking his head in embarrassment.

** Just a side note: neither of the colts have horns, only wings XD I screwed up on Aeolus's reference image and forgot to take it off -fails-
Levex Ref (without horn of course): XX
Aeolus Ref (without horn): OO

Aeolus talks
Levex talks

•• TAGS: @[Aurelia], @[Ilios] •• NOTES: Hopefully this makes sense, its a little hard writing for the two of them at once. ••

As the golden marked mare spoke of lands he did not know his head tilted slightly to the right. Where were all these lands she was talking about. Curiosity peaked within his young soul and he made his mind up that one day he would visit all of this land, even if that meant living on his own for a while. Lost in his own thoughts his steel gaze glazed slightly as he wondered about all of the gods and places his birth land had to offer him. Her sudden word of magic brought him back to the present. Excitement in the form of a smile spread over his face, and sent his small tail wagging like a puppy's. His squeaky voice sounded "My mom has magic! She can burst into blue flame it's really cool! I wish I had magic too..." His voice drifted off wistfully. He did want magic too, but what would he want to have? Apparently there were lots of options which only made his mind buzz excitedly. How much you could learn in one day was amazing. 'I have a lot to figure out I guess.' His smile didn't wafer as she spoke of lots of foals here, if there were so many why hadn't he seen any yet.

His attention turned towards the two colts, about his age trying to untangle themselves. Fighting laughter the golden colt watched them interested. His smile grew as he moved forward watching them excited to finally meet someone his own age, and there were two of them! "I left my mom back in a clearing, she was sleeping too. What's with moms and always sleeping?" Nickering his sweet childish laughter. "We can find our way back together. I'm Ilios by the way." Leaning his slender neck forwards in a friendly greeting he smiled hopefully at them.

"Talking" ’Thinking’
Words: 308 @[Aurelia] @[Aeolus]
Ilios
Tag me

baylee
The two foals that I assume are brothers claim that they believe they are alright. Relief floods my corpse as I quickly rush over to them to double check. My muzzle drags it's way across their bodies and every seconds I wonder if they will recoil away from me in pain. "You two sure you are alright?" Upon my examination. I notice that the buckskin foal with the strange black blaze has some weird symbols on his shoulder. My muzzle lingers over them for a moment as I try to decipher what they mean. With no luck, I continue on from that spot. Finally, I back away from the foals. I did not feel anything.. unusual, but I know from experience that they could be hiding something.

"Perhaps we should venture off to go find your mothers? It is quite late. Maybe they will explore with you tomorrow." Though I am sad to say goodbye, I think it might be time that we start the search for their parents. It would be awful if we could not find their parents. Their moms might be worried, too. I think it's best that we find them, right? So with that, I begin attempting to nudge the very small Ilios in the direction of the clearing. That is where he said his mom would be, right? has he lied to me? I dearly hope not. That would completely stink.

I begin trekking through the forest, looking back to see if the boys follow me, I holler back at them. "You boys following me? Don't get lost now. Rather, don't get lost again. I guess it is up to me to find their parents, who I am sure are sleeping. Or maybe they are frantically searching for their children? I would like to say that I would be searching for my babies, but I can't say that because I am not at all worried by the fact that I have no idea where my children are because I am a horrible ass mom.

ooc: we can continue this. we could post them searching for their moms and such. this doesn't have to end here :D

nickel

Looking to the other colt with keen interest the brindled boy smiles in greeting. This is the first foal that he has met other than his brother, perhaps they could be friends? As his blue eyes linger on the vine markings that cover parts of Ilios he can't help but wonder if those as real or if they are just painted on somehow? Before he can ask anything more the pegasus mare is upon them prodding them while asking if they are really alright. Shifting around to avoid placing too much weight on his hind ankle he tolerates the mothering stranger knowing better than to pull away. Mother does this as well, what is it with mom's poking at them all the time anyway?

As the adult begins to walk away with the odd glance over her shoulder to see if they are following her he sighs heavily. So much for their fun now, mom would just be mad at them for wandering off and likely ground them for weeks did they really have to go back so soon? Why did the grown ups always tell them what to do anyway? Guess they had to follow her right? Looking back up to Ilios with a questioning gaze he wondered if he was going to follow her? "Mom makes us take naps but she seems to always sleep longer. Maybe all the adults need to do something fun to make them stay awake longer." Laughing at the idea he watched Levex shake himself off before climbing up onto level ground near Ilios. Standing where he was for another moment he finally resented into pulling himself up the hill again gritting his teeth as his ankle protested.

"I'm Aeolus and he is Levex." He commented motioning to his brother figuring he might as well introduce them both so they didn't have to listen to Levex talking more. "Who is that anyway?" He commented with a subtle nod in the direction of the other pegasus mare as both the twins submitted to following the mare slowly not really wanting to face mother yet. Despite it being Levex's fault that they got lost in the first place mother would still be angry at them both, it wasn't exactly fair. Trying to hide his reluctance and small limp he decided to focus on the fact that there was another foal other than his brother that he could befriend. They could maybe play together and be friends and all that!

Aeolus talks
Levex talks

•• TAGS: @[Ilios] Aurelia •• NOTES: Sure I would love to continue :) ••