the Rift

[PRIVATE] What the Water Gave Me [Cheveyo]

Romani Posts: 205
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 14.2 :: 9 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Kasai :: White Tiger :: Wind Whip Sparrow

Romani

Standing in the churning waves of the Endless Blue, Romani stared out across the expanse of the ocean before her. The waves lapped at her muscled chest, caressing the sides of her golden-red barrel and past the curvature of her rump. The water was a soothing balm to any who suffered from the heat of the summer sun, and although Romani had seen many a summers far more cruel than this one, seeking a moment of respite at the beach was heavenly.

Nearby Kasai paddled through the salty water, enjoying the coolness of the ocean just as much as her bond-mate was. The black and white tigress leisurely pulled herself through the liquid without effort, not minding in the least the way that the water soaked through her coat and drenched her form, and Romani's azure gaze flicked back to make sure that her companion was safe and unharmed in the ocean current.

In the many seasons that had passed since she had received Kasai, the tigress had grown into a beautiful she-cat, sleek and supple muscles that rippled beneath striped fur, sharp eyes, and a heart full of loyalty that would put a devoted soldier's to shame. Even during Romani's toughest of moments, Kasai had always been with her, at her side, giving comfort and advice when no one else would.

"Be careful, sweet," the Haflinger beckoned, dark lips forming the gently spoken words with an upturned smile, eyes alight in adoration, "The current is strong here, far stronger than the waves of the Thistle Meadow's river."

'I am safe and well, Roma,' came Kasai's mental response, a loving purr of a voice that filtered only through her mind. 'No need to worry.'

Turning her muscled bodice back towards the shore of Helovia, Romani slowly trudged through the wake of the water, hooves guiding her expertly through the waves until she once more stood on dry land. Legs splayed, the Haflinger mare shook herself free from as much water as she could manage, but the ivory strands of her feathers soon became caked and speckled with white sand granules. Likewise, Kasai pulled herself from the cool ocean waves, ice-blue orbs focused completely on her mare.

'Roma? Are you well?'

The wandering gypsy glanced to the white tigress and released a soft, breathy sigh. "Aye, Kasai, I am well. Merely remembering what once was."

Life for the warrior had changed. When darkness and the undead had overtaken Helovia, Romani had left the World's Edge behind and had gone into hiding, secluding herself from everyone, save Kasai. Believing herself capable of being a soldier had been tomfoolery in its best, for Romani was a gypsy at heart. A wanderer. A nomad. For so long she had been serving others; first, in the Foothills to Svetlana, then to Mirage in the World's Edge... Romani had left more than her Queen behind when she didn't return to the Land of Dragons. Friends, family, children... She hoped that they would forgive her, should she ever return the mist-shroud cliffside.

A part of the Edge would always have her heart, but now... The gypsy needed to focus on herself, lest she forget who she was.

@[Cheveyo]

The True Soldier Fights Not Because
He Hates What is in Front of Him,
But Because he Loves What is Behind Him.

colourize-stock | arctic-stock | imi art

Please Tag Romani in all Replies!

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper

CHEVEYO
Let the summer fill my lungs
Superstition fill my brain

Seven years old.
Seven, one year past six and one year closer to the day that I would no longer breath in and out. It was a terrifying thought, one more year since the death of Kwahu, one more year with half a heart. These past few days growing closer to my birthday I found myself questioning life on more than one occasion. Not that I didn't want to be a part of this life any longer, I was far from suicidal...very, very far. In my mind, that was a cowards death, one for those who weren't strong enough to handle the harsh life that we all seemed to lead. Of course, seven years wasn't anything near being considered old, not in this world where magic thrived and kept some alive well into their late twenties and early thirties. It was a blessing and a curse I supposed, to be able to live until your grandchildren and your great-grandchildren were born and possibly even died.
It was a curse that I was blessed to not have, as injuries did in fact hurt and there had been occasions in which I thought I wouldn't make it through only to be saved by some miracle. My harks swiveled restlessly as my ivory dipped limbs stretched out easily, covering the lands of Helovia with an ease that stemmed from the endurance of my mustang breeding. The only thing it seemed to curse me with was a short, slightly stocky figure but it was useful for the fights I found myself drawn too. Of course, today I was not searching for a fight of any kind, in fact I was heading to the Endless Blue, a place I had been once before, but since then I had found no purpose to go over there.
Something about sand and water mixed together just wasn't as appealing to me as it was to others. My long blonde tail flicked and swayed in the salty wind as I grew closer to the place that I normally tried to avoid, but today I was headed in that direction with an unknown purpose. The rolling white hills of sand were easily visible in the horizon and just over them the white caps of the blue-green ocean, I had to admit the sight was something breathtaking and beautiful. If only it could be admired without being able to dig grains of sand out from your hair for days after even the shortest of visits.
As I crossed over the first of the dunes into the beautiful beach, I couldn't help but allow a soft Oh to slip from my rosy velvets into the salty air around me. It was more beautiful than I had last remembered, and if I had to spend my horrible birthday somewhere I suppose the best place to have it was somewhere breathtaking. Ivory lids fluttered shut over orchid pools as I stood there, enjoying the feeling of the sun's rays beating down on my golden back as the gentle breeze picked at the ends of my blonde tresses to float about in the air without a care. It was peaceful, beautiful, and for a moment I forgot about the horrible fact that I was growing old and one day would not be able to do what I loved any longer.
But the sound of another's voice in the not too far distance brushed the thoughts out of my mind as my orchids were once again revealed to the world in tiny slits due to squinting from the bright sun against the white sand. As soon as my eyes were able to focus on what was going on around me once again, instead of seeing spots of technicolors, the shape of a golden mare and a black striped feline came into view. The seemed to be enjoying their beach day, and I wasn't going to interrupt just yet. No need to add my negative "birthday" attitude into their midst.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; @[Romani]
Words;; 663
OOC;; Sorry it's kinda short, it'll get better when she feels like speaking xD antisocial for the win

Original Image

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Romani

Romani wasn't certain just how long she and Kasai were no longer alone upon the dunes of white granules, but she felt Kasai bristle uncertainly through their mental bond at the sudden intrusion before actually seeing the tigress' form stiffen. Sharp, cerulean eyes flicked upwards and spotted the flaxen-maned paint standing there in the distance, watching them, and Romani's head lifted slowly, eyes staring rather impassively beneath the strands of her cumbersome ivory forelock. While not near as tall as this stranger, the gypsy by no means felt fear from her; Romani had served many a years here in Helovia as a soldier and a warrior, and anymore the Haflinger felt fear from nearly no one. Where this mare had height, Romani had bulk.

Dark-tinted lips twitched as a breeze passed them by, toying with her ivory locks and carrying the stranger's scent along with the invisible caress, and the gypsy's gaze narrowed slightly, though not in distaste. No, it was the pinched look of one who was re-living a memory, though whether it brought pleasure or pain, that was yet to be determined. The initial scent of this war-painted mare was lost on Romani; they had never met... But she did place the familiar smell of the World's Edge, and a part of her wayward heart clenched with a yearning of home.

But where was home? That was the true question.

At her side, Kasai did her best to shake the dripping ocean water from her coat before stretching out in the sand with a yawn, claws glinting in the sunlight from the pads of her paws. With a weary sigh, as though she had done so much more than just swim, the monochromatic tigress plopped in the warm white granules, thinking that a nap sounded quite lovely. 'Stranger won't attack, Roma. If she does...' The warning was left unsaid, and while the golden-red gypsy could handle herself, Kasai's concern and protective nature was both comforting and humbling.

"Greetings, mare of the Edge," Romani beckoned casually, allowing the briefest of a smile to cross her face, "Have you come to enjoy the calm summer as well?"

@[Cheveyo]

Semper

CHEVEYO

My mind began to wander over the past six years of my life that had passed in what seemed like a blur, of course I hardly remembered the first year. I didn't know what season my first words had been in, nor did I truly remember what either of my parents looked like. Once I was able to eat grass on my own they were no longer a part of my life or the training that was pushed into my mind for the next few years, Kwahu became everything that I needed and everything that I could possibly want in my life. He was fantastic, my other half, the only two leg that I would allow to get close to me without my teeth ended up clashing together inches away from their faces.
Nobody truly understood our bond, I still didn't understand our bond. Even years later I had no idea why the brown boy was so important to me, all that I knew was that he was gone. Long gone, gone forever and ever. So far into my mind had I wandered that I didn't realize that I was staring at the bonded pair until I felt two pairs of eyes burning into my oddly marked flesh. Chestnut harks swiveled as my orchid eyes attempted to focus once again on the pair that stood a good ten horse lengths away from me, now it seemed that the both of them had their attention drawn on me. Fantastic that's what that was, now everyone had to watch as I grew older by the minute.
The blonde mare seemed to be a little bit shorter than myself, not much more than a hand though, regardless to the height difference if things were to turn sour the fight would be very evenly matched. What I had in height she had in girth and I assumed that meant she had a bit more muscle on her than I did, if not she would have mass on me. I shook my skull ever so slightly, there would be no violence on the beach here today. Today was a peaceful day and we would both live to grow another year older.
Moments later it seemed that I was also deemed as not a threat as the great feline plopped down in the sand rather than standing guard over it's bonded, although I knew better than to take that as a good time to let my alert on the feline diminish any as if things were to take a turn for the worst that cat would be the one to watch out for. "Greetings, mare of the Edge, have you come to enjoy the calm summer as well?" The golden mare's voice was deep, in the most feminine of ways, as she called out across the sands drawing my attention towards them even more. Clearly this creature was a Helovian as she had been able to put a name to my scent as quickly as even my own herdmates.
To my dismay, the wind was blowing against me, throwing my scent at the golden mare's nares rather than giving me a chance to figure out if this mare was one of the Edge's that I had just not yet had the pleasure of bumping into. "Hello, I suppose so. I've never been a fan of the beach, but it seemed the place to go on such a gentle day." It was true, I hated the beach with every fiber of my being. But here I stood, enjoying the feeling of the sun's rays tearing through my golden pelt and the smell of the salt water as it tickled the delicate rosy skin around my nares. "What brings you here?" I normally wasn't the one to assist in carrying on the conversation unless I was given a topic I enjoyed to discuss, but in this case I felt it was the least I could do after being caught "watching" the bondeds.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; @[Romani]
Words;; 678
OOC;;

Original Image

please tag Cheveyo!!

Romani

'I've never been a fan of the beach, but it seemed the place to go on such a gentle day.'

Wasn't that the truth? Romani's head turned away from the war-painted blonde female, her azure depths glancing out and towards the churning waves of the ocean. Indeed, it did seem like a place... And perhaps, for the first time, the Haflinger wasn't bogged down by emotional turmoil of the memories that this place had once held for her. Once, when she and Xanthos, the handsome grullo stallion, had played within the waves...

Where once she would have frowned and sulked at the bitter, painful memories that burned and seared her scarred heart, Romani now smiled. No longer could she be contained by depression; no longer would she allow it to crush her, to mold her, to make her hide from the world, and from herself. That was a different time, and now... Well, she had risen above that emotional turmoil and had finally found peace within herself. She could not help everyone, and perhaps that was why she had ventured from the course of a soldier, a Skilled Protector, and had returned to the nomadic lifestyle of a wandering gypsy.

"Aye, it is... Peaceful, if I may say. Whenever the sun is warm upon my withers, I find myself venturing to this place. The sand may be warm, but the water is cool, and it offers a lovely respite from the weather." Slowly Romani's crisp, sharp eyes turned back to the Edge mare, allowing her eyes to rest upon the stranger for the briefest of moments before a smile once more upturned her dark-tinted lips.

"My name is Romani, good stranger, and this tired cat is Kasai. Do not fret, she won't harm you." Kasai, hearing her bond-mate's words, growled a purr from where she lay in the sand, stretching out her lithe and deadly body once again before growing still. The golden-red palomino chuckled throatily beneath her breath, eyes alight in genuine mirth. "Forgive me if I ramble... I tend not to share company with others anymore. The life of a gypsy will do that to someone."

Tilting her head, the Haflinger's dainty ears swiveled forward, eyes curiously searching the painted mare's face from beneath the strands of her forelock. Damn, cumbersome thing, if only she could manage to trim it... "May I ask your name, good stranger?"

@[Cheveyo]

Semper

CHEVEYO

Even though it seemed the feline would cause me no harm as of yet, I couldn't seem to relax as much as I should have been able too. Maybe I was just being smart, or it was that prey instinct that our species had shining through the tough exterior of a fighter. Whatever it was, I couldn't help but to look back at the black striped cat every so often, although it didn't seem like she wasn't going to move from where she stretched out against the tawny sand.
Orchids flicked away from the feline to the blonde and gold mare for a moment, only to catch the smile spreading across her features as she looked out over the waves. Even I had to admit that the ocean was a beautiful thing, and if it weren't for the sand that liked to cling and stick to where ever it possibly could, I would likely visit the beach more often than my once a year. The golden mare seemed to have a decoration of scars thrown across her own frame, and for a moment I wondered if she too were a warrior of some other herd. But something about her seemed to easy, care free, to be worried with the going ons of a herd. "Aye, it is... Peaceful, if I may say. Whenever the sun is warm upon my withers, I find myself venturing to this place. The sand may be warm, but the water is cool, and it offers a lovely respite from the weather." Chestnut harks swiveled about as the mare spoke, my pools drifting away from her and back to the wide expanse of water that seemed to never end. A light smile worked it's way across my features as her words settled in. It was a very peaceful place to be, but I don't think I would ever grow used to the sand.
"I must agree, I am not fond of the sand though...it's clingier than a newborn." I looked back to the mare, chuckling softly at my words as I shook my white washed skull ever so slightly. "I do enjoy the water though!" I offered a gentle smile to the golden mare once more, she seemed quite friendly compared to most of the outcasts I had ran into. Most of them seemed quite unforgiving and possibly even full of malice towards those who chose to remain in herds. "My name is Romani, good stranger, and this tired cat is Kasai. Do not fret, she won't harm you." As she spoke the feline moved once more, stretching out where it rested in the sand, long sharp claws poking out from the nail beds momentarily before retracting once more as a soft growl reverberated from the cat's chest. I couldn't help but stare for a moment or two at the large feline, Kasai, before looking back to the mare who I offered a gentle smile and a nod of my white washed skull as she began to speak once more. "Forgive me if I ramble... I tend not to share company with others anymore. The life of a gypsy will do that to someone."
So that answered the question of where the golden mare belonged, the answer was: nowhere. She was a wandering soul in the wonderful lands of Helovia. "May I ask your name, good stranger?" I ducked my skull a bit as the mare's blue eyes peered at me beneath the mess of blonde tresses that hung before them, as a small smile tugged at the corners of my rosy kissers. "It is a pleasure to meet both you and Kasai, don't worry you are not rambling. I prefer to be the listening one in the party." My blonde tail flicked across my ankles as I looked back out to sea for a moment, and my rosy kissers parted once more. "I am Cheveyo, Protector of the World's Edge." It had been a while, but it was still kind of strange not introducing myself as a member of the Windtossed Foothills, but that, like Kwahu, was a thing of the past and would hopefully remain there.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; @[Romani]
Words;; 720
OOC;;

Original Image

please tag Cheveyo!!

Romani

'I've never been a fan of the beach, but it seemed the place to go on such a gentle day.'The golden red gypsy's head dipped forward in a nod as the war-painted mare introduced herself. Cheveyo. Romani immediately placed the name and face of the little warrior in a place of her mind where it wouldn't be forgotten. Perhaps, after this day, she would have gained another friend... The gypsy's list of friends, of cohorts and the like, was a pathetically short one; nearly everyone she knew had disappeared, or had perished in this cruel world. It was a sad, depressing thought, and quickly Romani pushed her mind onwards.

"A Protector of the Edge, hm? A noble, fulfilling position." The Haflinger's smile grew, her dark lips pulling upwards and her eyes were alight with joy. "Seasons ago, I myself served as a Skilled Protector to the Edge, beneath the good Captain's Destrier and Kaj, and we served together under Queen Mirage. Can you tell me, my friend, if they are well?"

Romani knew not if both Destrier and Kaj, or even Mirage, remained in the Edge after the fiasco of undead that had once roamed the world, or if they were well. Her heart ached at the possibility that either one of them may have succumbed to the darkness that had covered the world, albeit briefly. Hopefully they were all well and healthy...

Crisp cerulean eyes glanced down to Kasai who looked rather comfortable in the pale sand of the beach, and the bulky mare chuckled. "Would you care to take a stroll with me in the waves, Cheveyo? It's been a long time since I could share in the company of others. Sometimes... Sometimes I ponder returning to the Edge, for it gets so frightfully lonely out on the roads. After I lost my home in the Windtossed Foothills, the World's Edge is where I swore fealty to... But I fear that I am not situated to call that place 'home'."

@[Cheveyo]

ooc: Sorry for the wait, dear!

Semper

CHEVEYO

The red gold mare remained silent for a moment or two after I shared my dislike for the beach and introduced myself. I wondered what it was that was running through the blonde mare's mind, was she upset that I did not enjoy the beach as much as her and her companion seemed too? Or just simply wondering why I had wandered here if I wasn't a fan of the grains that dug relentlessly through hairs that grew from your frame. But it seemed neither were the case as the mare's kissers parted just enough to allow a string of lyrics free. "A Protector of the Edge, hm? A noble, fulfilling position." Chestnut harks swiveled as the mare spoke once more, the smile on her face gave that there was more information soon to come. "Seasons ago, I myself served as a Skilled Protector to the Edge, beneath the good Captain's Destrier and Kaj, and we served together under Queen Mirage. Can you tell me, my friend, if they are well?"
I turned my skull ever so slightly so I could make eye contact with the blue eyed mare who spoke of two of my herd mates, the third name ringing a bell but a distant one of a name spoken of but never introduced to myself. The corners of my rosy kissers pulled up ever so slightly as I felt my vocal chords prepare themselves for word making. "Kaj, is now known as the Stormbringer and is the King of the Edge, Destrier is a Sergeant...this Mirage you speak of is a name that I have heard. But I have not met the former Queen myself." I hesitated only slightly before allowing a question of my own to fall into the salty air. "You said you were a Protector of the Edge, what caused you to leave?" I wondered for a brief moment if I had overstepped any boundaries in asking the mare a question that could be so personal. But it had been asked and there was no taking back the words now, the red gold seemed to have a decent grasp on herself and I had a feeling if she believed the question to be inappropriate she would just shrug it off like the rain.
The mare glanced down at the striped feline who seemed to be enjoying the warmth of the sand on her belly judging by the content expression that was painted across her features. It was good to see a bonded pair at such ease with each other, most of the relationships I had seen thus far were new ones, still awkwardly trying to figure out their limbs as to not upset the other before the mental connection could be made solid. Whatever these two had done, it seemed they had done it quite right and I hoped that one day, when I had my own bonded, I would be able to thrive with it as well as Romani and Kasai had. A chuckle slipped from the red gold mare before her gentle words slipped into the air once more. "Would you care to take a stroll with me in the waves, Cheveyo? It's been a long time since I could share in the company of others. Sometimes... Sometimes I ponder returning to the Edge, for it gets so frightfully lonely out on the roads. After I lost my home in the Windtossed Foothills, the World's Edge is where I swore fealty to... But I fear that I am not situated to call that place 'home'." My orchid pools widened ever so slightly as the blonde mare mentioned once belonging to the Foothills, had we been a member of that herd at the same time and just simply missed each other? Or had she been a gypsy while I was enjoying the herd life under the rule of Apollo. A soft smile lit across my features as my white washed skull bobbed up and down in response to the mare's question. "I would be glad to give you some company..I was once a member of the Foothills as well, right before the wraiths took over." I wanted to know what it was that made the red gold think she was not situated to call anywhere home, but I figured that would come along in our conversation eventually and I wouldn't have to ask.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; @[Romani]
Words;; 750
OOC;; gah I hope Kasai is a female

Original Image

please tag Cheveyo!!