the Rift

faith, trust and pixie dust

Zohariel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Zohariel

NEW!! Oh it is all new! Everything! All the trees and all the smells, all the sights and surely, surely all of the faces. A new place, a new start. Maybe I am a little young for a new start but I don’t mind - that old home was getting a little too boring anyway. It was time to move on, time to explore and see new things. Time to find a home that wasn’t so conservative and restricting. All the old boring horses were being left behind and I was striking out on my own! I didn’t really think enough to be scared, anyone that tried to mess with me would get a nice face-full of dust and be stuck in a stupor while I fluttered off.

Idiots.

But I’m smart, I know how to handle them.

There was a tricky situation with a skunk a ways back, but l got the better of him. There was just a faint smell sticking around for a couple days but most of it is gone now.

It’s been a while since I last saw that boring little herd and I really have no idea where I am. There’s probably more herds out there, right? Probably somewhere with lots of excitement and all of that. Really it’ll just be nice to be around others because this whole ‘being on my own’ thing is a little too depressing. I’m not very good company for long periods of time. I actually got pretty mean for a while before I got over it.

All sorts of landscapes passed by, trees and rocks and whatever. Here and there dotted across the land were various thing but none of that was very interesting. I wanted horses. Or horse-like things.

Now there are more trees. Wonderful.

Boy this whole talking to myself thing is getting pretty exhausting. I decide to take a little break from flying though I haven't been at it for very long - my wings fluttering beneath the bright afternoon sun as I find a gap in the trees big enough to land in. Yikes this place is rather depressing beneath the canopy - all dense and dark. Maybe I don't want to know if anyone lives here.

Well, might as well take a moment to preen and get myself presentable if I do come across someone.

open for anyone! Though I don't have anyone in the Throat ;)

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

The notes are old,
They bend, they fold

</style>

Hooves followed eager paws that bounced everywhere in excitement. Inari was having a rather fun filled day and amused himself on a range of things from trying to catch butterflies to try to catch rabbits. Of course, Inari’s record of good luck so far in his short lived life was quite low and he never actually manage to catch them. Accept perhaps an unsuspecting mouse and the berries on bushes that couldn’t run anyway. The day was a bright and warm one, the fox was intending on enjoying every moment of it as he travelled along with Sacre to the Threshold. It was a rather nice journey, the Dragons Throat being quite a fair way away meant they got to travel through familiar and fond places. Like the Thistle Meadow or take a peak at the Ancient Rotunda. Or they could take a longer route and visit the beach, all in all the pair rather liked journeying to the Threshold and curing their need to always be moving somewhere, or doing something.

Sacre followed his bonded at a leisurely pace into the woodland, feet moving from soft grass to uneven forest floor with a swift snap of branches. The colt hadn’t really thought about much today and had taken the joyous lead from Inari, playing with his fox at times and others just enjoying a long walk. As always there were some things that flittered to his mind, like Roux. His twin would always be there in his thoughts somewhere, he often smiled to himself whenever he thought of his happy face and the times they used to share as colts. He let those innocent laughs fill his being and lift his feet with a light, happy air.

Eventually Inari noticed a movement to the right of them and motioned to Sacre before carefully padding off in the very same direction. The boy followed eagerly until eventually they both came upon a rather unusual looking mare.

She had a coat like his own sooty fur with hair like the thistles you could find in the meadow. What really caught their attention, however, were her wings. They looked fragile and marvellous to the eye, nothing like the bird wings Sacre was used to seeing on pegasus. More like the wings of bugs, but giant versions. He walked towards her with a gentle smile before stopping a respectable distance away, noting the colourful markings that also adorned her head. She was in all a rather pretty sight. "Hello! Can I help you with anything?" He started off by saying, conversation openers with strangers were not the easiest thing, best to be polite and wait for her answer.

background by: http://sirius-sdz.deviantart.com

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
It was an interesting notion, drifting off towards the Threshold today. I was riding the thermals, whether they were naturally created or of my own invention, it mattered little. I was aimless, unless I happened to drift towards a herdland - I was not ready to face an entire tribe of unknown defenders, and though I yearned for knowledge of how those I knew weathered recent events, I was too full of shame to show my face to them in order to ask. Not only that, should anyone recognise that you are no longer by my side, and question me on it.. I think I would lose any semblance of control I've been demonstrating these past weeks since my return to my birthlands.

So as I drift towards the entrance (or is it an exit? I know it certainly was an exit when I left these lands as darkness swallowed up everything and everyone I knew..) of these lands, I prick my ears, ready for just about anything to happen. Will I be stopped from exiting? I wasn't halted last time. Would I welcome some newcomer into the lands? I never was any good at recruiting, always too brash and blunt for most, usually gifted with an unsure stare. I could never pay attention to a newcomer for long, too young and distracted by all the shiny thins life had to offer me back then. It is a saddening thought to think that those shiny things have lost their appeal - or have they disappeared altogether?

"Welcome to hell," I murmur quietly to myself as I approach the scene below, tucking my wings in tightly to my sides to allow me to drop beneath the canopy. The young colt's words hit my ears, and I almost roll my eyes at the predictability of it all. Recruiting. The scent of sand and desert hits me, and I recognise the unmistakable dusting of red sand along the colt's legs. No amount of travelling ever washed it all out, at least until that travelling spanned many seasons.. Like mine. He was an interesting colouring, and there was something familiar about him, though I was sure I had never encountered him before. Perhaps a relative?

My attention soon swivels to the other creature present, my sharp gaze taking in her different appearance with relative ease. I am usually fairly adaptable, having been born here, I've been exposed to almost every kind of magical event imaginable - and unimaginable - and this is no different. I am curious as to whether she can fly, though, or is she a pegasus gifted with wings that don't actually lift her? Both of the beings before me seemed to share coat colours, meanwhile I stood beneath the canopy, the cloudy sky above dancing across my hide, the shadows dappling the patterns further. My feathers shuffled against my shoulders, as I plastered a small smile upon my maw, the expression not entirely convincing as I still looked quizzically between the two.

"How goes it?" I ask, somewhat awkwardly, not really knowing why I was here, but deciding to linger around anyway.

[[ @[Zohariel] Cirrus just be crashing the Threshold yo ]]
bg - table - manip
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Zohariel Posts: N/A
    Unregistered
    :: :: ::
    Zohariel

OH! Horses! Actual horses! Horses with faces and with (potentially) personalities and stories and interesting little things about them.

There was a brief moment of just insane excitement where my wings start to flutter at my side and I can tell they want to unfurl and use all of this energy up even though I had just stopped to rest. This was what meeting someone new was like! Oh I quite like the feeling. Sort of tingly and all joyous and everything. Probably gets pretty old pretty fast, but luckily enough for these two I maintained the good vibes better than the not-so-good. “Why yes!” But before I can tell him just what he can help me with, someone else comes over. A mare with the oddest looking wings at her side! All covered in feathers like a bird.

And then, well, my mouth got ahead of my brain and before it could catch up a stream of words just sort of tumbled out in a bright, cheerful manner. I love when things get all bright and cheerful. “Oh hello! Oh this is so exciting! You both look… well, different but that’s great. I didn’t even know wings came like that or that horns only came in singles. Only the stallions get them where I’m from and they always come in pairs.” Bright blue eyes look around at both of them, trying to figure everything out. I don’t have names yet but that doesn’t matter. These things could wait I don’ care. I’m ready to launch into what exactly they can help me with. Or what I hope they can help me with. Oh jeez I hope I can be helped. I don’t want to keep wandering around. “Can you guys tell me where I am? I’m looking for a new home or herd or something but I don’t even know where to start looking because I had to leave the last one and well living on your own just kind of sucks you know?”

Okay breathe. “Oh and I’m Zoey.”

@[Sacre], @[Cirrus] SORRY FOR THE DELAY ily both for replying

Sacre Posts: 274
    World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
    Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
    Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi

The notes are old,
    They bend, they fold

</style>

Sacre watches her wings flutter with captivated eyes and for a moment he was completely lost in their beauty. He'd seen a few pegasus in his short time, but this was a first for meeting one with such colourful appendages that fluttered instead of flapped. Inari, who had been initially under the boys belly, came out between his bonded's black covered legs and hovered just in front of him, ears swivelling whilst sniffing in curiosity with beady eyes trailing the mares intriguing appearance wings. Anything odd or bright or simply interesting was always bound to attract the avid vulpine. Sacre caught her answer with a bright and warm smile, but he couldn't go on to ask exactly what because another scent filled his nostrils and another voice met his mismatched lobes.

The boy casts his mothers beryl eyes to capture the appearance of the mare who was newest to join their slowly growing group of mutuals. This one was dark and, much to Sacre's surprise, part of her coat seemed to reflect the sky. He'd never seen that before, a few manes lit with harmless fire yes, but a hide that reflected the weather was another thing. It took him a moment to take it in and convince himself he wasn't in some strange dream, before finally he swallowed "Yo" he nodded to her.

By now the mauve maned girl was plunging on with her bubbly words that were filled with observations before asking questions. Sacre couldn't help but laugh along with her, it was almost like her unchained excitement was rather infectious and the boy couldn't recall the last time he'd met someone with so much zest. It was... Refreshing! "You'll find many strange horns amongst other oddities here. My father too had a dual horn, but I appear to have taken after my mother. Though... You are quite a sight yourself!" He chuckled along with her, wondering for a moment what kind of land she hailed from. Did they all have fine wings like that?

"Life is much more entertaining with friends" he nodded in agreement. "You're in a land called Helovia and nestled here is, I believe, four different herds. I hail from the Dragons Throat far in the south, although I used to live up in the snowy mountain with the northern folk. It got a little too cold for me" he nodded northwards to illustrate his explanation. Of course, his reason for leaving was more of a made up one, but there was no need to go into his life story.

"I'm Sacre and this is Inari" the fox yipped his own fox like welcome.

background by: http://sirius-sdz.deviantart.com

@[Cirrus] would you like to be tagged? xD Please continue to tag meee

There's something wretched about this
    Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
    ❚ Please tag me!

Cirrus Posts: 233
    Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
    Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
    Whit
    Oh Gods.

When did I grow so old? As I watch the interaction before me unfold, I wonder just that. When did I lose my happiness, my cheerful disposition, my smile? I know the answer, I think, and so do you. Perhaps I was already grumpy and cynical before then.. I can hardly remember. To be so enthusiastic, so excited and so damn bubbly.. Just the thought of it makes me want to smack those around me over the head with the hard edge of my wings. I settle for subtly shifting my weight, my feathers standing on edge as my wings ruffle slightly. It is now that I notice the red smudge of fur between the colt's legs, and my gaze lingers probably a second too long for politeness.

I've never been much for politeness anyway.

The girl doesn't seem to breathe as she prattles on, and on, and on, and.. Did I mention this chick can talk? My façade probably demonstrates a manikin's expression of vacant shock, as I try to process everything that she is saying and doing. Her colourful wings and cheery disposition seem to have set me on edge slightly, I can't help but release a sigh of breath when she finally concludes with her name, I hadn't realised I was holding it the whole while during her speech. My ears swivel, like an athlete stretching after running a marathon, they stretch after her marathon speech. I feel a sense of cynic irritability - of course a mare like this would be fortunate enough to come across ones that wouldn't attack her outright for such naivety, of course she would luck out and happen across a colt who was not equally, but similarly cheerful.

I wondered if I should be the one to provide a reality check for these two delinquents.

"Cirrus." I say in the silence that manages to exist moments after the colt, Sacre, ceases talking. Whether they recognise it as my name or not, I don't really care right now. They had both just talked about friends, but how could they understand what friendship truly was? I didn't, not until you left me, Sitka. I took our relationship, our bond, our sheer and utter devotion for each other for granted. I didn't realise the extent of what we had until you left me.. How could these creatures before me understand, when they so easily spoke of leaving their homes, their families, behind. My glance is drawn once again towards the red fox, Inari. I am almost envious of its existence.

"You're in Helovia," I say, answering her initial question. "I live the life of a loner -friends are all well and good until they up and leave." My eyes narrow slightly, focussing sharply on nowhere in particular. It was easier to act angry then to admit how devastating your death was to me. "But if it's a herd, with their laws and customs and restrictions that you want, by all means." I bow my tiara and withdraw from the spotlight, shuffling my wings out slightly from my side to prepare for flight.

[[ She hasn't left yet, she's just being grumpy lol.. @[Zohariel] @[Sacre] ]]
    bg - table - manip
    as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c: