the Rift

[OPEN] Here's To Never Growing Up [Cirrus][Open]

Brisa Posts: 386
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 15.4 :: 7 HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Hikari :: Common Kitsune :: Fire nickel

It had taken much convincing for the grey to finally agree to venturing outside the Edge again but somehow she had eventually come around. Walking along slowly the trio finally made it to their intended destination without running into any sort of trouble. Both Levex and Aeolus had their eyes wide with the excitement of discovering new land outside their home. It was like taking a kid to the candy store, no one ever knew where to start off first. Before they had left she had told them that they needed to stay together and stay close to her but knowing them it was forgotten as soon as the landscape began to change around them. She wondered how long it would take for their attention span to increase beyond a goldfish's level, guess she would have to wait and see.

The meadow was quiet all except for the chirping insects hiding within the tall grass, it was peaceful. Lowering her head to take advantage of the fresh grass as her boys explored nearby she finally allowed herself to take a breath. It had been only a couple days since the twins had been born so this was really their first day trip outside of the Edge, well second if you counted the journey home after their unexpected arrival in the Rotunda. That day had been one of the longest she had ever experienced and to be honest there were large parts she could barely remember out of sheer exhaustion. Thankfully today was another day and so far things looked bright and sunny.

Lifting her head her blue eyes focused on her boys moving through the grass as they tried to figure out what to do next. Chuckling at the sight of the two of them trying to hop up out of the grass in places so that they could see where they were going she called out gently to them to come back towards her as they were getting too far away for her comfort. They reminded her of the jack rabbits that she commonly found in the winter months trying to get through the deep snow only with four hooves and much less grace in their leaps.

Brisa talks
Brisa thinks

•• TAGS: @[Cirrus], Open •• NOTES: sorry for crappy starter ••

Table and Image by Moonstone Designs
[Image: brisa_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobm.png]
-- Please Tag Me In Posts --
-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
The idea of reproducing was foreign to me. I remember stories father used to tell us, of how his father had tamed the wild and unruly mare, Naryl, his mother. Azureus had had to fight her, to beat her, to prove himself the dominant beast over her - it sounded like a strange relationship, though father used to say it was simply proof of the passion that tied them together. I remember asking him about what held he and mother together, and he simply laughed, and ruffled y mane with his warm muzzle, merely commenting that perhaps one day I would understand.

I doubted his words.

I doubted everything he ever said to me. How can I trust my memory anymore? It is so faulty, glossing over things that I probably should have remembered, and holding onto ideals that left me feeling empty and broken.

The image of your bloodied body, lying still and broken before me, still clouds most of my memories. There is little else I can hold onto, aside from the time you left me, and took most of my soul with you. I am but a shell, a chassis for the remnants of a broken creature, a deformed and faulty coin, worth little in value and capable of even less.

The Meadow of thistles seemed to be a regular haunt of late. It is a realm for the homeless, the outcasts, the vagabonds and wanderers. I suppose I was one of them now. Aimless, goalless, friendless and hopeless - I was full of everything less ever since you left me, Sitka.

Sun shining, I wandered this vast stretch of land. I guess I was going a variant of North, and it was the weather that told me I was relatively in control of myself - for it was when the weather turned nasty that I knew the turmoil within me had leaked out, staining the environment with its destructive forces.

It was definitely better for those forces to stay locked away, inside me.

A twitch shivered at my shoulder, obviously not caused by cold weather. A sigh flutters through my nostrils, as my sharp, cerulean gaze pierces my surrounds. I walk, seemingly preferring to traverse the lands by foot instead of by air, a reversal to my preference when you were alive, Sitka. It was humbling, for a winged creature to wander the ground using only her hooves, though I would not hesitate to take to the skies again should the need arise.

Movement ahead, the sound of wings fluttering and hooves thumping. I pause, tense, spying what could be anything really - but turns out to be nothing more than a foal. No, two foals. A small smirk tugs at the corner of my mouth, as I watch the (I assume) brothers frolic and play, my form apparently concealed somewhat in the shade of the bordering trees. A chuckle rolls across the meadow, and I divert my attention to the would-be mother, my smile vanishing and the tenseness returning.

It was a reflex, an automatic reaction to anything maternal. I loved my mother, truly I did, but it was easy for me to say I was my father's daughter more. Aside from that, when father died, she fell into a depression too deep for me to save her from, and for whatever reasons she deemed appropriate, she took my sister to her lands of birth. During a time when I needed them most, I only had you.

Now I have no-one.

"Hello," I decide to say, my voice smooth and melodic, almost musical in tone. A smile etches itself upon my lips, though it barely reaches further - there is a sadness, a hollowness that I am sure my eyes betray, no matter the façade I wear. A friendly nicker follows my greeting, as my hooves pull me from the shrubbery. The scent of pines and rocky cliffs meet my nostrils, and I wonder if I have travelled far enough North to happen across some from the Edge.. If it's even called the Edge any more. I had been there a couple of times, what felt like a lifetime ago.

"What brings you to the Meadow this fine day?" I ask, directing my query to bot the mother and the foals. The small, feathered appendages that sprout from their hides cause my magic to stir up a small breeze, so that they might be able to feel the wind comb through the soft, youthful down that currently covers them. I rein the weather back however, reluctant to let my magic express itself.

For whenever it did, only destruction followed.

[[ uhhh idk where this came from. .___. @[Brisa] ]]
bg - table - manip
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

It was strange to watch the two boys play around carelessly with each other without a care in the world. A life that she was deprived of when she was young was displayed before her in her children as they froliced around taunting and teasing each other in their games. It was hard to imagine her own life any differently but there was always the thought of what if, what if she had grown up with her parents, what if she hadn't been forced to grow up so early in life? Would it make her a better mother to her wonderful colts?

Sighing softly she pushed away the thoughts of what could have been to something that she could make sense of, the here and now not that it really made much sense at times either. It was still a mystery as to why she was here to begin with considering all the mishaps over the last two years of her life. Thinking about it now she was glad that she was though, she was able to see her babies grow up, experience what motherhood was like, know what it felt like to have a friend.

Motherhood was not planned out like she had expected it to be once upon a time, it sure would be easier if a father would take responsibility. If she could teach her boys anything in life she would make sure they knew right from wrong, what responsibility was and how to be kind. Nothing was more important to her than this. She would rather die than have to experience her children growing up to be monsters.

A gust of wind blew over the meadow catching the long tendrils of her mane and billowing them around her like a cloud. Gazing over towards Aeolus and Levex she laughed seeing them moving their wings as if to fly away with the stream of air but not really knowing what they were doing. Teaching them to use their wings was a challenge she had yet to figure out. She would love to show them how to fly but her wingless frame proved worthless to the cause, she was forever grounded.

Vocals caught her attention as her head whipped around spotting a lone pegasus approaching. Flicking her ears back warily she called out to her children who came immediately back to her side their ears pricked towards the mare. Peering out around her they tried to watch the strange mare approach while staying safely behind their mother. Returning the friendly wicker after a moment of contemplation she softened her expression hoping that no harm would come of the encounter. "Hello there."

Turning her head briefly to her colts to check on them she turned her gaze back to the mare again managing a friendly smile. " We were just trying to make the most of the nice weather while we can. My name is Brisa and these two are Aeolus and Levex." Motioning to each in turn as she spoke. " What brings you out this way?"

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @[Cirrus] Open •• NOTES: Love your table its so pretty. Did you want to be tagged in posts? ••

-- Use of magic, touching , force allowed with the exception of maiming or death. --

Whit
    Even as the mother showed her concern for her foals, calling them back to her side, I felt varying shades of emotions running through me. Wistfulness. Envy? Sadness. Had I returned to Helovia with the hopes of reuniting with my family? Of connecting with those who share the same blood as I, who know my past (well, most of it), who love me unconditionally, and I them? I didn't even know if that was true any more. Did I still love my family, even though they were no longer around? My father was dead, my mother - who knows, my sister - I secretly hope and pray that she is still safe and alive, and that she would forgive me for being so.. Absent and aloof.

I smiled as I watched the interaction, this time a bit more genuine and true as the emotion played across my face. Clouds lazily drifted across my hide as they did across the sky above us, and I lowered my tiara so that I could demonstrate how little a threat I offered to them. Of course, I was forever ready to become defensive if the need ever arose, with my spear hidden away amongst my plumage, always within reach of my strong jaws to wield it. There was a time where I barely used my spear, for I felt secure enough in the safety that your presence provided to me, but that time has come to pass. Now my spear may as well be as attached to me as a unicorn's horn is to its brow, such is my dependence on it.

I continue to step towards them, nodding my crown and allowing a small flutter of cherubic laughter to exit my charred maw, as the colts bump against one another, folding their wings awkwardly to their sides after the breeze I unwittingly spurred dies by my command. My leonine tail sweeps the dried grasses of the Meadow beneath its elongated tendrils, as I playfully motion to the colts to dare to step away from their mother, to greet me properly, to have some fun and live. My ears listen to the mother's introduction, learning the names of the trio before me.

"The wind," I reply to her query with a smile, this time encouraging the breeze to stir around me again. Another angelic lilt of laughter plays through my maw as I lift my wings to revel in the smooth strokes of the breeze. My smile still firmly in tact, I ask Brisa kindly, "Have your handsome boys begun preparing for their first flight yet? They may be young, but preparation is the key to success." Though the boys were pegasi in appearance, I could wager a guess that they were hybrid, as the mother did not look like she had adopted them - her udders were heavy with milk, and they were too young to be weaned as yet, so I could conclude that their father bestowed the genetics upon them to allow their eventual flight. I wondered if their father was as adept as my own in teaching flight to his kin, or if he was one of those steeds who keep their distance..

[[ I don't mind being tagged :D @[Brisa] ]]
    bg - table - manip
    as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

Something was a little strange about the mare before her but she couldn't exactly place what it was, not that it really mattered anyway. The thing that she was most concerned about was the safety of her children and so far she seemed to pass easily which was a relief. Come to think of it who was she to judge someone's character, many had likely deemed her crazy or some nutjob at one time or another over the course of the last few years. It was not the names that bothered her so much it was the concept that they seemed to base their assumptions on that irritated her.

As the mare spoke again it was hard to tell if she was actually answering her question or if she was just going off on some random tangent. Well lets go with the wind being her answer, not that it made much sense to her. As the wind picks up again a idea dawns on her that might allow things to make more sense albeit if her assumptions are correct that is. Maybe the wind was not just a coincidence, maybe this mare had some sort of gift allowing her to manipulate the wind. It would sure help to explain the mare's next train of thought being as random as it was.

Preparing for their first flight? Where did that come from she wondered glancing back to her colts who seemed quite intrigued by their new friend. Their eyes moved to hers briefly with look she had begun to understand quite well, are we allowed. Nodding her head with a smile she turned to watch the pair slowly move to meet this new mare. Both carried apprehension in their step but their curiosity seemed to give them some courage. " I'm not sure what you mean by prepare, but no they haven't. I wouldn't even know where to begin." She replied again wishing that she knew what the hell she was supposed to be doing as a mother.

"Their father doesn't even know they exist, he took off after their conception and I have not seen him since." Her words were pained at the memory that she wished could have been much different. After all the pain she had gone through in the past she should have known not to trust in someone. Despite what her mind already knew it was hard to convince her heart to not get attached and want to believe in all the promises. Love was not something you could tell yourself to not do, it was a natural emotion.

While she would have preferred that nothing had come of their encounter she would not change that it did. She loved her two colts more than anything in the world, they were her only family she had.

Aeolus was the first to near the mare his head tilted as he gazed up at the large set of wings upon her back. Levex was not too far behind equally interested in everything. They could feel the wind run through their wings but were not sure what to make of it, it was a strange feeling. It also was difficult to move their wings around, they never seemed to want to go the right direction. Stepping forward boldly Aeolus reached out to touch the mares wing but quickly thought better of it and retreated back a step in uncertainty.

Brisa talks

•• TAGS: @[Cirrus] •• NOTES: <3 ••

Whit
    The doe's words meet my ears once more, and the smile that held my lips in a delicate curve drops away swiftly, soon replaced by a frown as my lips purse together in disapproval. It was not for the mare's lack of knowledge in preparing the children, that much she couldn't really help, but that the father abandoned his mate, not even bothering to linger long enough to see the result of his actions? It was disgusting, and I wondered at how any woman could ever allow herself to fall prey to a stallion's wants. But maybe I was wrong, maybe she did believe , truly believe, that he loved her, and maybe he did love her, but was ripped away from her.. I didn't know all the facts, but it still made for a sad situation - children without a father, a mother without a partner.

I have never known a love that was romantic like that, never been swept away by the emotions and feelings of another. The closest I suppose I have gotten was to you, Sitka. But you aren't here anymore.

"Well," I begin again, deciding with a small smile that teaching the basics of flight was something well within my skillset. My father was an exceptional trainer and coach, I remember attending the sessions he held for the Throat's warriors clearly. Though I doubt the quality of my lessons would be as good, at least I could try.. Right? "I'm sure I could help with that, if you like." My cranium lowers to the eye level of the colts as they near me, my smile kind, the wind gently swirling around us all. I reach out with both wings, tilting them forward as one of them - Aeolus, was it? - leans towards me. I aim to brush the first few primary feathers of each wing against them, my smile warm and welcoming all the while. Theirs were still small and downy, but that didn't mean they couldn't prepare for when they would eventually fly.

Stilling the wind that dances around us, I take some steps back to give myself room, shuffling my wings slightly as I unfold them. They aren't light exactly, given I managed to inherit larger than regular sized wings from both my parents (it was said my grandmother had the broadest wingspan of all of Isilme when she ruled the Cliffs), I made sure that I wasn't going to knock them on anything. Muscles across my shoulders bulged with the effort, but they were used to this exercise now, having done it virtually since I was born. I spoke to Brisa directly, peering over the small forms of the colts. "They must prepare their muscles to carry not only the weight of their wings, but their bodies too. While the wind will help once they are airborne, they will need to be prepared for when the wind is not there to carry them." I always believed that there was a bit of magic in every pegasus that allowed them to fly, but really, it was all a science.

Lifting my wings high, I very deliberately brought them down again, a giant sweeping motion that could not help but stir a breeze up. I lift them again, and as I grow sure that the others become used to the motion I am making, I slowly increase the speed of the downstrokes.

I only do it a few times before deciding they have seen enough, before coming to a steady stop, halting as my wings are lifted to their highest height above my head. With a bright, devious smirk upon my lips, I look to the boys before me, my crown nodding as I beckon them to give it a try too. "Go on, show me what you can do."

[[ :D @[Brisa] ]]
    bg - table - manip

• I enjoy being tagged.

Watching her son take the first couple of steps towards the other pegasus she could see the wonder in his eyes at the majestic wings folded along her back. It was almost enough to make her jealous, that should be her that he looked up to, her who taught them what they needed to know, but she had to face the facts and accept that she just was not good enough to teach them everything they needed to know. It was a hard fact to accept but she swallowed it regardless of the pain it caused.

As the mare, who she still did not know her name, spoke again it was a rather generous offer for her to contemplate. She wanted to be able to do it herself but knew that would be like her trying to teach a fish to breath underwater, it just wasn't happening. " That is very kind of you." She commented pausing for a moment weighing her options. " I think that they could learn a lot from you, as long as you don't mind that is."

How many other things was she going to have to pass off to others to teach her children?

Brushing off the thought she continued to watch to see what the mare would do next. Instead of speaking around her it was nice that she was included in the following explanations of what things both colts would have to practice before they could set flight on their own. The process was very much exactly what she pictured in her mind from watching the many others she had seen flying, but teaching it was a whole other concept. In this case she would prefer to leave the technical stuff to someone who knows what to do first hand. The disastrous results of any of her attempted lessons skipped through her mind.. broken limbs, open wounds, and much worse. Ya she would definitely be leaving this to another pegasus to teach.

Brisa talks
    Aeolus talks
    Levex talks

•• TAGS: Cirrus •• NOTES: Will post with aeolus next xd ••

Aeolus Posts: 100
    Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.5
    Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15.3hh :: 3 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
    nickel

Cautiously stepping forward inch by inch the brindled colt slowly gathered his courage to stand before the new person. His brother was no help with any of this considering he was pressed up behind him following his every move. Chicken, he mumbled inaudibly glancing back to Levex. He was the older brother why couldn't he take the lead for once. Mother's voice could be heard from behind them as she talked to the strange looking mare before them about things he did not understand. Father? The term seemed familiar but he couldn't place what it meant, they had only ever known their mother.

Stopping in front of the stranger he couldn't help but to stare up at the massive things sticking from her back, he thought that the correct word for them was wings or something. There were soft feathers growing all over them but there were so many of them. Flicking his ears back with unease as the objects were moved towards him he felt Levex take a hesitant step backwards. Turning his head to stare at the tiny version wings upon his back he looked back in comparison. Nope there was no way his were that big, what were they for anyway? Mother did not have them but this strange mare seemed to..why?

Watching with curiosity as the mare moved the giant wings up and down creating a breeze all around them, he tried to figure out how she was doing that. Her gaze then turns from mother to both of us as she nods and says some words. Try that? How?

It felt awkward trying to move his wings around but when there was air blowing around it was even weirder. Concentrating he managed to slowly unfold his right wing and then the left one so they hung down along his side. They did not touch the ground like the mare's likely would, were the supposed to? Looking over to mother a little uncertain if he was doing the right thing he saw her smile and give a small nod. A smirk touched his lips as he turned to see Levex trying to do the same thing as he had just done.

Now the mare had managed to lift her wings up and then let them fall again. With some effort he managed to lift his wings up just over half way before they would not stay up anymore and he let them fall back to his sides. What was the purpose of this? The strange mare had created wind when she had done this, he didn't feel much of anything when he tried. Again he put an effort into trying again to much the same result. What was wrong with these things? Gazing over to Levex he watched his attempts to much the same effect, only he managed to get his wings up much higher. No fair! Why could he get them higher? Turning his blue eyes back to the mare he watched to see what she would do next.

Aeolus talks

•• TAGS: @[Cirrus] •• NOTES: You can just tag Brisa for yours XD ••

[Image: aeolus_pixel__commission__by_destrierdes...9g5emp.png][Image: aeolus_by_bronzehalo_d9gff3z_by_moonston...9ggy0l.png]
    Avatar 1 by Destrier Designs, Avatar 2 by BronzeHalo
    **Please Tag Me In All Posts**

Whit
    The doe mentions that I am kind, and I have to actually wonder whether I believe her or not. Certainly, she's welcome to believe I am kind, friendly, caring even, but what am I really? Why was I doing this? What motivated my actions? I did not think I was kind. Nor was I brave, for I skulked around these wildlands rather then venture towards any herdland, where I would be more likely to encounter someone who knew me before I fled the lands. Before you sacrificed yourself so that I might survive. Before I was left to live in this world, alone, lost. I didn't know myself anymore, so much so that I didn't even know why I was bothering to impart knowledge of flight unto these colts.

I think I was merely coping, surviving in a world alone, when I was so used to being supported, to being carried around by those I love.

There is no one left in this world who I love.
    Or is there?

I think I do this because it is familiar, easy, something I hold inexplicable confidence in. It is a comfort to me, I suppose. Teaching, authority, was in my blood, I guess I inherited some of my father's traits without realising it. He was so natural at it though, he revelled in seeing those around him push their bodies to the limit, to work towards a common goal of simply being the best one physically can possibly be. It was drilled into me since birth, and so I have fallen into the habit of easily maintaining a fit, sculptured bodice, prepared for any physical altercation. At least physically, I was whole and fit.

It was my soul that was broken.

Kind, supportive laughter drifted out from my lips as I watched the colts attempt to mimic my motions. I smile warmly, excited to see their progress. "That's great," I say encouragingly, nodding to each foal before me. "I want you to do it as much as possible, all the time, stretch and move your wings. Your back and shoulders will get sore, but then you must push some more. Soon, your muscles will grow big and strong, and eventually.." My wings stretch out horizontally to my sides, and I summon a great updraught to fill my wings. My smile turns mischievous as with a wild toss of my dreadlocked mane, I suddenly shoot towards the sky, propelled completely by the magic that flows so readily in my veins.

It is exhilarating, as it always is. I let the sensation fill every fibre of my being, sighing with pleasure as I push myself forward, so that I fly a smooth curve around the clearing. Coming to land, I balance myself carefully, extending my legs and moving into a light-footed trot as I tuck my wings back down alongside Brisa. Filled with the joy of flight and feeling more alive then I have felt in months, I move to gently bump my maw against Brisa's shoulder. "I'm Cirrus, by the way. And thi.." I stop suddenly, too caught up in the moment to forget that you aren't there to introduce. My breaths come in a rapid-fire succession, as the look of shock takes over my face momentarily. I feel gutted, sliced open, like someone is dissecting my soul all over again..

"And that is how you fly." I catch my breath and finish my sentence, suppressing the gasps with a small struggle. I am trembling, but I hope my company writes it off as part of the adrenalin-induced joy of flight.

[[ @[Brisa] eek sorry for double tag! ]]
    bg - table - manip

• I enjoy being tagged.

Well if she could say one thing, Cirrus definitely managed to keep the boys attention for much longer than she had been expecting. Normally things wound up scattered or unfinished as they would lose interest or become tired but apparently flying was a hit. She wondered how long it would take for for them to develop the musculature needed to fly above the ground and carry their own weight, surely it would take awhile. It was hard to keep up with them now she really didn't want to even try catching them in the sky. Of course it would be just her luck to have all this happen as some spiteful being seemed to have cursed her with bad luck. Well all things considered she did have to admit that not everything that had happened to her was a bad thing.

She had to remind herself that despite the twins being completely unplanned they had in a way changed her outlook on things. There was now something to look forward to each day and more than enough things to do. It was a total shift in the right direction, hopefully after everything maybe her parents could be proud of her.

Watching Cirrus interact with both Aeolus and Levex brought a smile to her face, it seemed almost natural to her. Perhaps she had children of her own? As the mare sprang up into the air in her demonstration she chuckled as both colts faces turned to complete amazement and awe. Of course this was the first time they had ever witnessed someone fly but it was still amusing to watch. As the mare landed beside her gracefully she felt the gentle touch of her muzzle against her shoulder. Turning her head as she spoke a glimmer of ..perhaps sadness seemed to strike her pausing her speech. Concern blossomed within for the mare as she contemplated bringing it up to see if she could help in any way. No she could not intrude like that.. somehow it just felt wrong to ask.

Pushing the awkward thoughts from her mind she decided to just leave it alone for the time being, she would listen if Cirrus wanted to talk but she could not ask without proof that something was bothering her. Maybe things would be different if she had known the mare for longer but she could not change the way things happened. "Thank You Cirrus, I appreciate you taking the time to show them all that."she said softly reaching out to return the mares gesture.

Aeolus and Levex seemed at a loss of words as they turned around in a rather stunned silence. "We do that?" Aeolus finally commented once again trying to move his own wings like he had been shown. Levex still stunned only nodded in agreement with his brother's question.

Brisa talks
    Aeolus talks
    Levex talks

•• TAGS: @[Cirrus] •• NOTES: Gah not the best post in the world xd ••

Whit
    Swiftly I hoped the stammer of words that had tumbled from my lips would be overlooked, that the crack in my demeanour would not be widened, but rather skipped over, forgotten, shoved to the side. It was bad enough that my nerves were so suddenly exposed, rubbed raw by my slip of tongue, by my natural need to introduce you, to assume that you are still here to introduce, I did not then need strangers prying into my inner workings, the very foundations of my soul, areas of which were previously occupied by you and your glorious soul. My limbs shiver still from the slip of mouth, my tail twitching nervously, the long hairs shuddering down its leonine length. I look at the mare, almost reluctantly, and hope that she does not enquire further.

The wind blows, rustling through my dreadlocked tendrils.

The concern that glows behind Brisa's eyes does not venture any further then her icy gaze, and for that, I am eternally grateful. I try to shush the wind that has stirred, but it stubbornly ignores my attempts at controlling it, and so we are blessed with a breeze that does provide some much needed cooling on a hot summer's day. A small worry blossoms at the back of my mind, as I recall recent experiences with my own magic resulting in less-then-desirable circumstances. That will not happen today.. I hope.

Gladly, I turn my attention to the words she speaks, accepting the gentle caress she offers, though nervous twitches still rattle down my spine from my slip up. I plaster what I hope is a kind smile upon my maw, though it probably resembles something more like a madman embracing their insane tendencies. The colts provide me with further distraction, as I take in their stunned facades, the gleam of admiration in their gazes, the awkward, youthful attempts of replicating the exercises I gave them. My smile does soften to something more genuine, less asylum looking, as Aeolus asks his question. I remember when my father taught me to fly, how eager and excited I was. I remember when he asked me to get him a palm tree leaf, for no other reason then to see me riddle out exactly how I would achieve it. I did, of course, through much effort and failed attempts, deliver him with said palm tree leaf, and he treated me like a goddess for it.

I miss him. I miss you. But there is nothing I can do about that, except remember you both.

"One day, you will soar through the clouds, riding rainbows and challenging the howling wind to duels." I say encouragingly, probably not the words a mother of youngsters wants to hear, but true nonetheless. There is nothing more grand than flying for a pegasus, it is something that we all embrace, that we live, something that a pegasus will try to master better then his fellows just so that he can say he is the best.

"But you can only do that if you practise practise practise, and when you are exhausted and just want to stop, you need to keep going!" The wind seems to get stronger, not unbearably so, but certainly more prevalent as I speak, my sharp, cerulean gaze holding feverishly with the colts. I don't even know how much they understand, or grasp about what I am talking about, youthful that they are, but that does not deter me from impressing the wonder that is flying upon them. I look back to Brisa, my façade still flushed with excitement from my description of the wonders of flight. "Don't worry," I say to the mother, "they won't have the guts to jump off the cliff of the World's Edge for a few more months yet." I wink playfully, hardly realising that I just revealed my recognition of her herdland without even trying..

[[ @[Brisa] sorry for the wait love ]]
    bg - table - manip

• I enjoy being tagged.

Ascended Helovian

Mauja the Frozen Light Posts: 1,392
    Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7.5
    Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2 :: 14 HP: 79.5 | Buff: HUNTER
    Irma :: Snowy Owl :: Terrorize & Diego :: Eurasian Eagle-Owl :: Rage Neo
    en natt så kall och månen den var klar
    [ party-crasher! ]

It was fascinating, how things came and went—joy, goals, ambition, sorrow.. life itself was ever-moving, washing you this way and that, until it spat you out and left you lying on the shore, bones bleaching in the harsh sunlight.

And the reckless water tumbled you about.

Seaweed and seagulls.

He couldn't deny that it was a fine day, just a bit too hot for his liking. The sun was beating down from a dappled blue sky, mercilessly shining upon his already sweaty back. He couldn't fathom why some liked the terrible, itchy sensation of expiring into fluids without even doing something. It was gross. And annoying. He was raised in the frigid cold, knew to cherish the pale rays of sunlight in winter and to bask in its thin warmth; this sun, was just.. yeah. Gross.

So, minus the blasted heat, it would've been a fine day for him too.

Irma and Diego—rare sights in such bright daylight—were flying ahead of him, bickering like they usually did, beaks and talons snapping. Irma always won. She had the most guts, and still size on her side. She snapped towards his eye, knowing he would pull back; and of course he did. But such tricks always bothered Diego, and the amber-eyed owl sped ahead in a fit of anger. They both let him. He was young and foolish and proud (name anyone in their trio who wasn't?), rash, bold, and to get himself into trouble would only temper him.

And they were there to get him out, should he not be able to on his own.

The owl probably would've kept on going, if not for the sudden appearance of a flying Pegasus. The mare was robust, with wide wings, but that wasn't what caught their attention: it was the cloudscape mirrored upon her coat, moving to the same breeze as the world's. She touched back down, still a skyscape, and two young colts were flapping their wings as another mare stood watching. Mauja, watching with half an eye through Diego's mind, recognized it as Brisa—and the other was familiar, but he couldn't place her. Question was, which one did the colts belong to?

If they were Brisa's, she'd come a far way—or been abused in a cruel repetition of what he assumed had happened in her past. Mauja hoped it wasn't so.

As Diego settled on a nearby branch to watch Irma alighted beside him, their cold, sharp eyes tracking the movements of what went down below. Mauja, unwilling to intrude upon what seemed to be an amiable conversation between a mother and a friend and two kids, hung back. He almost felt shy, standing halfway behind a tree. He probably wouldn't have been there unless they'd happened to be straight in his path.

And he didn't know why he didn't just walk away, either.
    Se dem brinna över verkan se dem dansa framför bål
    Se dem mässa inför satan se dem smida sina stål
    angels, they fell first, but I'm still here

The soft wind billowing around them was a nice refresher from the humid hot day. In a way it made her feel as if she too could sprout wings and soar high above with everyone else. It was one of the simple pleasures of life that she most enjoyed, there was nothing like standing on the edge as the wind whipped around her sending the long tendrils of hair flying around her face. There was something about the feeling that helped to lift her spirit when she was down almost like picking up the pieces but with the exception of those pieces only remaining airborne for so long before they once again come falling down around her. While things might sound great on the outside living with them all was a complete different story.

Brushing back a few strands of misplaced forelock with her foreleg she tried to not think of everything that had happened throughout her lifetime. Forgetting may not always be the best option but if there was a way to make it happen it could make things a lot easier to bear in the long term. Her blue eyes drifted back to her colts who now had become quite comfortable with Cirrus and were throwing their effort into raising their wings as high as they could. The wonder and innocence behind their eyes was only one of the many reasons she loved them, a piece of her past that she never got the chance to experience. It made her happy to see that unlike her they could experience everything for themselves and not be forced against their will to grow up quickly.

A chuckled snort drew forth as Cirrus spoke again to her. " I would hope they never decide to do that, they already get into enough things and they are only a couple days old." Laughing to herself at the irony she got the mental picture of both colts trying to fly off the cliffs and failing. Ok better yet lets not imagine that. she mused silently blocking that train from proceeding further. Neither Aeolus or Levex would be going anywhere near that cliff for awhile, well if she could have her way that is. Coming out here had been the last thing she had wanted to do but yet here she was... no this was different she would not allow either of them to perish at the peril of the rocky cliffside.

A flickering glimmer of movement caught her eye from afar drawing her curiosity and attention away from her boys. No sooner had it appeared it also seemed to disappear leaving her unable to pinpoint its location. Raising her head she tried to focus wondering what it could have been that had moved out there. Unease bit into her skin causing goosebumps to appear for a moment or two, something or someone was watching them she could feel the invisible eyes upon them. "Aeolus, Levex come over here now please." She instructed as calmly as possible eyes still straining to see what was out there. Dropping her voice to a hushed whisper she turned her muzzle towards Cirrus to nudge her shoulder softly. " There is someone watching us, I don't know who or from where." Her vocals were short and to the point, hopefully neither colts would pick up on how worried she was though.

Flicking her harks back she listened for a couple moments before they swiveled forward again to repeat the process. She really did not like not knowing things like this, it made her feel like bait with a hungry fish just circling around waiting to strike. Only difference this time was that it was not just her that she needed to worry about, the stakes were higher and this time she would not run away like a coward. Shifting her weight nervously she turned in a tight circle pushing both boys closer together behind her.

Brisa talks
    Aeolus talks
    Levex talks

•• TAGS: @[Cirrus], Mauja •• NOTES: No worries Whit <3 and yay for party crashers! ••

Whit
    My mention of her home seems to go unnoticed, and for that, I am grateful once more. Whether she simply did not recognise it or whether she simply assumed I was a well-travelled Helovian native, it didn't matter - she didn't press me for information on my deduction of her home. I wasn't ready to delve into my history, to relive a time when you were still alive, to explain your once-existence and now-extinction to someone who simply couldn't understand it. The pale creature is enraptured by her colts, and it lets me smile - though I harbour a sense of cynic dislike for the male gender, I can at least write off their young, foolish activities of those as children, still learning and growing. Perhaps they were trainable still, perhaps with a quality upbringing that Brisa could provide, they wouldn't fulfil the stereotype that has begun in my mind.

The mare mentions how she hopes they would never jump off the Edge's cliffside, and I can only plaster a lop-sided grin upon my maw, tossing my tiara to tilt my dreadlocked fringe out of my eyes. It was bound to happen - the call of flight to a pegasus was as alluring as the call of an addicts favourite drug, there was no equal, and if they were anything like most pegasi I knew, they would not be able to resist such a calling. But that was why they had to be prepared. It was good that they were under the protection of the Edge.. Assuming it was the same sort of herd as before the horrific darkness descended, it would surely have numerous pegasus and other winged creatures at its disposal to show the boys just how to fly. Soon enough, when their muscles grew and their soft, fluffy, downy wings shed out to longer, more refined and elegant feathers, they would find themselves lifted off the ground even as they did this simple exercise. The next step was easy - taking off was something more pegasus mastered in one attempt.

It was landing that usually proved the troublesome part.

My ears twist sharply upon my crown as the mare's body language tenses up, and I feel myself instinctively searching for you, wanting to borrow your senses, wanting to feel the secure caress of your soul against my own. I am left alone, however, my thoughts thrown away into the abysmal hole that is inside me, swallowed by the black hole of death, following you to wherever you are now. My wings shuffle again at my sides, opening slightly, prepared to take off or to become a weapon themselves if needed. Brisa gathers her boys close, and at her touch I almost jump, until her low, soft voice informs me of her concerns. I nod, once, before reaching up to my left wing to pluck out the spear decorated with the black-and-white feathers of my father, feathers nearly identical to the one that was strung up in my dreadlocked mane. The taste of the wood upon my tongue gives me comfort, the faint scent of my forefathers that has soaked into it gives me strength.

"Stay here." I say simply, not giving a backwards glance to those I have apparently decided to risk my life for. Oh Sitka, what I wouldn't give for your sense of smell, your fine-tuned hearing, your ability to deduce everything going on in our surrounds with nothing more than a swift sniff and a glance. I am blind without you, but that doesn't stop me, for now I must learn to survive alone. I move forward, only a few paces, hoping to move enough that the wind I control (when its not controlling me anyway) can penetrate in between the trees, can deliver to me a scent, a sound, a hint of what might lie there. I call to the breeze, I feel it twist and turn, I encourage it to scoop up what it might and deliver to me information I that would help be decipher this mystery. My eyes think they see something, but I am not sure - it is a blur, a memory of a dream fading into unconsciousness as one wakes up in the morning.

The scent that is delivered to me is faint, and the image that is placed in my mind is from a time before you were born, a time where I travelled to colder climates with my mother, before my wings could bear my weight in the skies, a time where father was alive and well, where laughter was plentiful and spots were contagious.

"Who are you?" I demand, the haughtiness in my tone nearly overridden by the fear and nerves shaking the rest of me. Am I ready for this?

Will I ever be?
    bg - table - manip

• I enjoy being tagged.

Ascended Helovian

[ Sorry for the wait! @[Brisa] and @[Cirrus] ]

I hear the silence of the children who sang.

If you disregarded the fact that he crept up on a warrior-princess, a mare determined to better her life, and two children, it seemed an oddly appropriate response, that shift in atmosphere—how even the sun seemed to grow colder, shadowed over by something large, and pale. Mauja's presence always seemed to turn things to ice.

But no matter how much his rather dramatic, self-loathing heart wanted to attribute the change to some demonic qualities of his existence, he knew that the truth was simpler. He was unknown, a threat, something lurking in the forest, perhaps a winter wolf threatening to gnaw his way into the foals' chests and close his jaws on their warm, beating hearts—

Too young to rebel, the children returned to Brisa, to hide behind her, shepherded together. Hers, then, he concluded. But who was the father?

For once he's not got leopard spots.

He pushed the thoughts of Sialia and that day out of his mind.

The other mare—Cirrus, his mind filled in all of a sudden, clouds moving through the body of an exuberant foal, guarded by the serene, graceful Cassiopeia, from a time when Irma had not yet been retrieved—seemed more brazen. More bold. Why they did not see him, he didn't know; did the shadows and the leaves break up his white and the spots? True, his own field of vision was rather narrow through the sparse forest, but he had not intended to.. to hide so well. Maybe, some small part of him had wanted to be spotted, called out, brought into the light. He ground his teeth together and sighed, nearly soundless. Simply by the off-chance that they did not see him, he'd become the devil again, and the blackness in his soul reared its head, hissed, said, be the monster they want you to be.

"Who are you?"

The most bitter bastard you'll ever meet.

He swallowed the words in silence. They tasted of rot and bile, and he made a face at the tree before slowly sliding out from behind it—cold in his insecurity, guarded and masked, pale eyes hard and relentless. She stood pointing something at him. It looked decidedly sharp, like some kind of.. horn.

Was it a horn? Had she somehow broken it off some unicorn's skull? Psyche came, unbidden, to his mind—but this didn't look like hers. This.. well, he didn't exactly get the best look at it because of the angle, but the suspicion struck a spark in him. Cassiopeia had, after all, always seemed a bit arrogant.

He didn't know where the sudden tide of barely contained anger came from.

"Cirrus," he greeted her coolly, slowly sweeping out from the surroundings and into plain sight. His gaze moved from the threatening mare and onto the other. "And Brisa." If it wasn't for her—for the mare he'd saved from certain, slow death, the mare he wanted to give hope, the mare whose brittle strength he did not want to ruin—his lips would've curved into a sneer, and he would've asked, how's your mother?.

Because last time he'd seen her, she'd been a prisoner of the Basin.

But he didn't want to be that anymore. So why was it suddenly at the forefront of his mind, barely concealed by the thin, flimsy veils of ice and snow?

For all the years her eyes spent searching for the unknown dangers you would think that one would develop a knack for it, sadly this was not the case. The eyes had found them from somewhere out of her line of sight and it was not sitting well with her already strained nerves. Deep down she could feel the ember stirring just waiting to spring to life and consume her in a cloak of fire. This feeling was difficult to manage at times especially at times like this where fear threatened to rear its ugly head. It was taking much strength in her attempts to hold it back, she could not use this magic. It was unsafe and unpredictable she could not risk the chance of hurting those she cared the most for nor could she bear to think about what her boys would think of her. Already she was different than everyone else she didn't need to make things so obvious.

Biting down on whatever braveness she had she fought back the flames. Why oh why did emotions have to effect her magic like this?

Cirrus was a blessing in disguise for she took charge immediately to confront whoever or whatever lay hidden from them all. The pegasus could have easily drawn her powerful wings and flown away but she chose to stay, to defend them. For this she was grateful but in a way felt a dwelling sense of disappointment in herself. She should be the one standing there in her place to defend her family from whatever lay ahead. Instead she cowardly stood back letting another protect them, she was a horrible mother.

Not long after Cirrus's instructions had been uttered did the stranger step out into view. A flooded relief swept over her as recognition revealed the great unknown stranger to be a rather important friend of hers, Mauja. It was only thanks to him that she was here today and that her colts were alive. Releasing a breath she had not realized she was holding, a smile broke out across her face as she took a couple steps forward to stand by Cirrus once more. Wickering softly in greeting she turned to touch her muzzle softly to Cirrus's shoulder as if to thank her for her bravery but also to express her approval at Mauja's approach. When she did not feel the warmth of the twins at her side she turned her head around to see them both standing stock still where she had once stood watching her with wary eyes.

Their day was definitely turning out to be much more eventful than she had expected meeting two strangers and all. Calling to them softly in the hopes of reassuring them she waited quietly as they approached slowly their curious eyes fixed upon Mauja. As they reached her side once more she couldn't help the need to reach out to them both lipping gently at their short mane's with affection. " It's good to see you again Mauja." She replied her head turning back to the spotted stud. "This is Aeolus and Levex."

She had contemplated introducing Cirrus but it seemed like he already knew her already from some time or place so she left it to only both colts for now.

Brisa talks
    Aeolus talks
    Levex talks

•• TAGS: Mauja, @[Cirrus] •• NOTES: -- ••

Whit
    The stallion steps forward, and my memory becomes clearer, the fragmented, cloudy images falling into place. My eyes widen, and absently, my spear returns to its hold amongst my feathers. I had no desire to fight, not really, not him.

I am left stunned as my name passes through his lips, I can feel the frost within his tone, the icy indifference that is written all over his posture. The frozen shine of his horn reminds me of the playdate mother had taken me on North, before my wings were big enough to carry me through the skies. I remembered meeting him, touching him to see whether his spots would rub off onto me, as my father as once claimed. I remember meeting others on my Northern adventure, but then I ventured South again, only to return to the frosty climate years later when sent on a mission to discover why my mother had been taken by fiends hiding amongst the frozen lands.

I had never found her. I had never learned whether he had anything to do with it all. I remember wondering, back then, if the friendly, polite stallion I had met was capable of such a hate-fuelled crime.

I never did get my answer.

Brisa's voice breaks me from my reverie, her touch causing a twitch to jump its way along my shoulder. I see the soft, almost affectionate way she welcomes Mauja, and I am left lost once again. She willingly gives him the names of her colts, she seems to metaphorically embrace him with her kind, open eyes. I breathe, at a loss as to how to react, what to say, what to do from here.

If you were by my side, Sitka, I feel like this would never happen.

"How are you..?" The question trails off, as I find myself wanting to finish it a million different ways. I leave it there, however, allowing the appaloosa to fill in the blanks however he deigned appropriate.

[ Sorry for the wait @[Mauja] & @[Brisa] ]
    bg - table - manip

• I enjoy being tagged.

Ascended Helovian

[ Sorry. Murder me, @[Brisa], @[Cirrus]. ]

It was all ice and cracks, that heart of his. Black blood and stale veins; no mess, no gory splatter, just the quiescence of a frostbitten death.

And in the emptiness, it seemed the only tangible things were anger and lust. If it was not one, it was the other, and if it was neither, he was dead. Just a black, gaping void stretching beneath his skin, encompassing all that should've been life and love. Was it so strange, that he reached for whatever made him feel alive? Was it so strange, that he found smoldering rage at his fingertips? That only in the ruination of something, the process reversed for himself?

It was not strange—but that didn't make it right.

Not when he was greeted in such a way, hero and friend, not merely with a smile but with enthusiasm. Not ever. He had a hold on Cirrus' past in one way, he had the words on the tip of his fucking tongue, but he swallowed them. Because there was no point. There was only false life to be had in harassing her. Slowly, his ears rotated back, and whatever cold spark had given life to his blue eyes faded.

They often said his eyes betrayed nothing, showed no emotion—but they had never been dead and dull, always sparkling and shimmering with something.

Now, they were as lackluster as dust.

When had he come to this? And—how? Questions, to which he had no answers.

"It's good to see you again Mauja." It was, probably, the first time in a very, very long time anyone had said that. And as a concept, it was almost hard to grasp, but his head drifted in her direction, that little spark of familiarity causing his lips to twitch slightly. "Likewise," he responded, but his heart was somewhere else, and her shy boys clustered around her. Did he like children?

It felt like he'd forgotten who he was. Like everything he'd ever known, about himself and the world, had been taken out of his mind. Unbidden, his mind went to Ophelia, to her explanation of what had happened all those years ago, the admission to waking up happy.. only to realize others remembered while she'd forgotten. "How are you..?"

And what do you respond with? Honesty? Social little white lies? Do you open your mouth and just spill it out—that you feel like dead weight, like there's nothing left of you within? That all you want to do is forget you ever came here, and drift back into the shadows, and wander, wander, wander, until he reached the end of the world? His mouth hung slightly open, as if preparing to say something, but then he shut it with a sigh, shrugged, and looked aside.

Watching as the stallion approached cautiously the white mare could not help but feel as if something was off about her old friend. While there were no outward signs that were obvious to the naked eye it was just that strange feeling one gets when they think they know something. Passing her eyes from the white spotted stag to the feminine form of Cirrus she wondered silently how they knew each other. Were they friends? Old friends? Not friends? Any type of friends? Based on the limited conversation between they two of them she would be left guessing until something more solid gave her a clue. As long as they both didn't start beating on each other she was happy with that.

While she was not one to be big into keeping conversations going it looked like she was going to have either bail or think of something to say. Since neither of her chatty partners wanted to converse with more than a gaze she tried to let Mauja's lack of words slide off as nothing. The last time she had met the stallion he was much more.. personable. Today it was almost as if he was there but not really there if that made any sense at all. Stepping forward to close the enormous gap between them she tried to lighten the mood by changing the conversation to something perhaps more neutral, not that how are you isn't neutral.

Reaching out her muzzle in the attempt to bump Mauja's neck kindly she heard both colts wander forward with her stopping nearby Cirrus. "Mamma, why does he have spots" Aeolus commented cocking his head with curiosity as he studied the pattern of the stallion's pelt.

Brisa speaks

TAGS: @[Cirrus], @[Mauja]
    NOTES: Not the best I apologize

Table by Moonstone Designs

Whit
    The silence stretched on.

And on.

And on.

It gave my thoughts time to tumble into place. I could hear my rattly breaths going in and out of my nostrils, my mouth closing as I recovered from my shock, at least enough so that I could compose myself better. I was not a seasoned professional in hiding all that went on within me, though I did my best to guard myself, I wore my emotions upon my pelt, they danced across the skies when my magic escaped the grips of my control.

Though I tensed when Brisa stepped forward, I didn't stop her, I more wondered what the spotted steed's reaction would be to it. It was the innocent query of Aeolus that snapped me from my silence, causing a grin to spread upon my lips, and a gentle laugh to echo in my throat. I remembered a time when I had asked a similar question, and for once I didn't let the memory become tainted by the darkness that had clouded my mind since those long-ago, innocent moments.

"I touched them once," I leaned down low, to speak in conspiring tones to the colts. "And a spot grew on my nose!" I exclaimed, putting the same excitement into my tones that my father had put into them when he had told me the same tall tale some four years past. "Let's hope your Mum is immune," I whisper sadly, smirking deviously to the other adults present. Was it a credit or a detriment to my personality that I was so much more comfortable interacting with the young colts than the adults?

[ @[Mauja] & @[Brisa] ]
    bg - table - manip

• I enjoy being tagged.