the Rift

[PRIVATE] the drumbeat carries on

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

THEY SAY WE'LL ROT IN HELL, I DON'T THINK WE WILL

In the dust that settles they are victorious, rising above the rest on a pedestal far fitting for their efforts and strategic value. She is proud of them. They are standing together, a force to be reckoned with; tied together in brotherhood and valiant hearts, a bond far stronger than blood. On the knoll above, surrounded by the others, she is suddenly uncaring of their company. Rising up once more on her hindquarters she bugles loudly into the air, strong and joyous as she paws the air. Surging forward she jumps, free of the surrounding viewers. She races down the hill to join them, whinnying and kicking her heels behind her in exhilaration. They are hurting, wounded, but she is proud.

"Ktulu! Archibald!" It is screamed happily into the air as she thunders down to meet them, to congratulate them. Smile stretches across her face as she approaches, already categorizing their wounds as she nears them as quickly as she can manage. Plume streams behind her in clouds of inky black, Aodaun racing on heavy paws at her side, growling and barking to accompany her sounds. She slides as she arrives, digging her hooves into the earth before flinging herself at her mate with a relieved sound.

"You did marvelously," she assures, pride painfully obvious in her tone. Even so in moments she is fussing, frown coming to lips as she walks in a tight circle around the two of them. "We need to get you a healer, Resplendence or Alysanne...how badly does it hurt? How are Eytan and Loretta? Are you able to move well?" Traces her muzzle across her mate's skin, reaching to Archibald to do the same should he allow her touch to reach him. The medic inside agonizes over her inability to heal them aside from the herbs Resplendence grew in her box. Expert touch ghosts over injuries, cataloging, inspecting. Her words are strained with worry as she fusses, a mother hen corralling her chicks into the safety of her wings, unwilling to let any others do her job.

As she rounds Archibald she fixes him with a sincere, appreciative look. "Thank you. For taking care of her." Muzzle reaches out to him, extending in gratitude, seeking his touch in thanks and humility. He had helped keep Ktulu grounded, had guided her and avenged her just as her mate had done for him. Just as Lakota would have done for the both of them had she been on the field with them as a warrior. Her eyes are honest as she gazes at him, trying to convey all that she feels in one look. He was a fine man, and she loved him in her own way.

Looking across to Ktulu she smiled softly. Yeah. She loved these two idiots.

@[Archibald] and @[Ktulu]

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

Archibald stood silently, golden eyes looking out upon those he stood victorious over. Ktulu came to his side, a thankful look in her eye. He gave her a simple nod, watching her with a knowing look. He did not need to say more, they were both aware of what happened and what would have happened had he not chosen to do what he had done. Gently, he reached down with his pale muzzle and planted a dry kiss on the point of her shoulder. Loretta, with her flames of battle dying down, whined deeply. The Dauntless turned sharply, his body igniting in protest. He was covered in bruises and his muscles pulled against his will, but he was fine. Loretta, however, had taken the brunt of Fiore's kick, and was hurting badly. As the warlord was reaching down to console his bondmate, he heard the trumpet call.

Lakota came racing before them, capturing Archibald's attention. He had not even noticed those that gathered on the ridge until now, their shadowy figures blurs behind the racing blue roan. The brute scoffed lightly, his tail flicking across his hocks with distaste. He did not know any of those gathered behind Lakota, but he knew each of them would know him. Perhaps they would be wise to the prowess he held, that each had witnessed first hand. As the Poisoner closed the distance between them she fussed, in her way, over their bodies and wounds. Archibald reached down to her petite form to plant the same, dry kiss on the point of her shoulder as she reached out with her dark muzzle to comfort his sore body. Archibald sighed, still silent, and listened to the healer's words.

"I am fine, I have seen worse." He knew that Lakota knew that, for she had greeted him at the borders after he had invaded these lands. She had healed his burns and sewed his muscles back together. She knew his body from that day on, from the knowledge the Earth God had given her to see where others could not. He knew that she, too, knew he was fine, but that would never stop her from worrying. "Ktulu is burned from lightning. She needs a healer. Loretta took a kick in the ribs and is in great pain. Help them."

I see you lying next to me
With words I thought I'd never speak
Awake and unafraid, asleep or dead
image credits

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

The battle was over and as the adrenaline began to fade the aches and pains that resulted from the fight became more pronounced. Ktulu caught Archibald's gaze and tried to thank him with a simple look for doing what he had done to keep her grounded and keep her from seriously maiming one of their herd mates. Whatever magic it was that had overcome her and took over her body had left her stunned, and probably left the others that she had been fighting stunned as well. The touch of Archibald's muzzle against her shoulder drew the dark mare's head to the side and she bumped her muzzle against his cheek. Loretta whined and Eytan pressed himself against her forelegs and she was dropped her head down to touch her muzzle to the bear's head. She was lucky that he had not taken the brunt of an attack like Loretta had done. "How is she?" She asked as she lifted her head to look at her friend's companion.

Seconds later Lakota's call rang out over the battlefield causing Ktulu's head to jerk back in her direction. Her mate raced down to them and behind her was a group of others that had watched the battle. How many of them had seen her lose control? An ear tilted back as she watched them. How many of them thought it unfair that she and Archibald teamed up to take down their competition? The Constrictor snorted and allowed her eyes to fall back to one of the few individuals in her life that made life worth living.

She had known that Lakota would be watching, so she was not surprised when her mate thanked the Dauntless for his role in keeping her safe. Ktulu snorted again and rolled her eyes. "You act like I can't take care of myself." She said even as the blue roan fussed over her injuries and Archibald pointed them out. Her ears laid back against her head and her tail twitched from side to side, much like an irritated feline. "Loretta first." She said firmly when Archibald said to heal her and the canine. She would allow no room for argument from either the Poisoner or the Dauntless. Their companions put themselves in harms way at the whims of their bonded ones and so they were the ones that deserved to be healed before anyone else.

credits

Icon by Tay

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

THEY SAY WE'LL ROT IN HELL, I DON'T THINK WE WILL

Whiskered muzzle kisses the point of her shoulder and she pauses in her fussing to smile beatifically at the brute. She is proud. These two, they are her family. They have triumphed. They have shown them all that the Grey may not live as a name any longer, but it lives in their hearts, strong and vivid and everlasting. Ever since the beginning they were more than just mercenaries, more than a group or a title or even a whisper of rumored acts passing from lips to aurals. They were family. Lakota would defend them with her very life, would bleed and suffer and break her own bones for them. And they made her so infinitely proud. It shone through her violet eyes, a beacon of that pride, stronger than any emotion she had ever felt aside from love and hate. "I am proud of you, my brother." It is said fiercely with glittering eyes swimming with it, smirk curling her lips. They have won.

Deep words touch her ears and her smirk only widens in amusement, laughing softly as she sends Aodaun out to find the herbs that grew among the Edge soil naturally, reluctant to access the herb box without necessity. "I know your body and boundaries well, Archibald. I will fuss over my family regardless." There is a tinge of playful amusement in the prior portions of her words, and she recalls her dear friend Circe. Well, she didn't know Archibald's body as well as Circe, but she wasn't uninformed. It made her laugh to herself rather salaciously.

Then of course her mate objected rather similarly and she cocked an eyebrow a tad sassily at Ktulu. "No, I act like you're too stubborn to admit when you need help because it's the truth. And I love you like the sappiest of mares in Birdsong, and will thank Archibald adequately. Now hush." Truly she is likely one of the few able to tell Ktulu that in any version of seriousness, but Ktulu also knows just how easily Lakota can snap and select a poison to make her more complacent. Of course she never would, but the mated pair respected one another's power.

She felt useless as they begged her to heal them, brow crinkling. She could not heal them, but she could numb the pain until Resplendence or Alysanne could tend to them. Of course she was selfish, and would not extend such a gift to those who had fought in the arena with them. A hollow look overtook her, wishing she had more she could do for the ones she loved the most. "I do not have that power any longer. But I can numb the pain until one of the Doctors can see to you. Breathe in deeply, Loretta and Eytan as well," she instructed. Reaching deep into herself she tapped into the flow of magic ever present in her veins, summoning the mists and letting it flow amongst the four who need it most, careful not to inhale it herself. It would do no damage but it was better used on the ones who were truly in pain. Holding the cloud for a few long moments to ensure it had been effective, she released a breath she didn't know she'd been holding and let it dissipate.

Aodaun arrived shortly thereafter, bundles of chamomile, all-heal and arnica clasped gingerly in his jaws. Lakota got to work immediately, directing Aodaun verbally so that the other two would know what she was intending, especially remembering Loretta's general temperament towards the polar bear the last time. "Aodaun, give Loretta the All-Heal and the Arnica. Archibald, you chew up and eat half of each as well. They help with general pain management and bruises, you'll need them when my magic wears off. You can't feel them now but they'll hurt the same if the Doctors don't heal you before it's gone." Grasping the chamomile that Aodaun had placed, she quickly chewed it into a disgusting goop before turning and letting it smear over Ktulu's burns, covering as much of the burn as she could before stepping back.

"That should create far less work for the healers. I'm sorry I can't do more." Her voice was gruff and reserved, ashamed. She couldn't help her family. She was useless now, and she hated it. Hated that she had to entrust her family's health to someone aside from herself. Aodaun whined softly from where he stood between Loretta and Archibald. Did well anyway, he comforted softly.

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!