the Rift

[OPEN] tears on a river

Leliel Posts: 55
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 9
ali
leliel.

Its hard to tell how long we've been walking since we left the caves but I think its been a week. I'm only guessing its been a week because seven times we settled down to sleep for the night. For whatever reason whenever we sleep Muriel has been pressed against my side. Sometimes I'm forced to drape a set of wings across her back so they don't get too cramped. Sometimes I pretend to be annoyed by it and scowl when the sun rises, but I suspect that she can see through me and see that I actually enjoy her company. On the rare occasion when I wake up and she's already gone off to do something I look for her but I try not to show it. I try to act like I'm grazing instead of sniffing the grass for her scent.

We both woke at nearly the same time this morning but we dawdled instead of setting off while the sun was still low. Its not like we have any particular place that we're looking to go, we're just wandering aimlessly. As the day wore on it became more and more sweltering. I could feel my sweat lathering on my legs, sides, chest, neck and I wanted nothing more than to plunge into a lake to cool myself. Or take to the skies where the wind would cool me, but flying is something I'll never do again. Still, I look up toward the sky and try to hide the longing for flight.

The brush of Muriel's feathers against my side and her soft voice changes my direction and I fall into step beside her as we walk into nothingness. Nothingness, however, turned out to be something. "Forest?" I asked quietly. I could feel the shade as it blocked the sun from searing across my back. The forest is both a blessing and a curse. It may have offered protection from the sun, but it also offered hiding spots for things that could hurt us. I can't protect her from something I can't see and that makes me frown.

What good am I?

I can smell other horses, their scents thick and pungent in the trees and my frown only grows. "Where are we?" I don't like not knowing and I don't like being led blindly along somewhere, but I can trust Muriel because she hasn't done anything to hurt me yet. The most she does is annoy me by fussing over me whenever I trip or scrape my shoulder against a tree. I keep walking, unknowingly crossing a border into a herd's territory.

"."

image credits!

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
I think I see him before he sees me. I see him through the tree bark, and under the shadows created by the trees. I see his black coat and blue markings. It isn't just him. There is a her also. Perhaps I notice the dark stallion first, and he seems to have caught my interest. Perhaps any movement in this forest captures my interest. What really makes my eyes glue to them, is their crossing of my herd's borders. Well, damn. I know why the Falls felt so threatened now. One of my ears tilts backwards and the other forwards. I am hidden in the shadows, unseen. "Where are we?" Nows my chance to protect my herdlands. Now is my chance to prove that I understand not to break anymore herd rules. So, with my tone cold and calculating, I begin to speak. "You've just trespassed into the World's Edge." I step out into the light. A spot where the trees fail to block out the harmful rays of the powerful sun. I stand with an ivory coat and golden dapples. Shilva slithers up next to me and hisses, perhaps telling them to state their purpose. Or maybe she's just saying hi. I don't really know which.

"I am Aurelia, the World's Edge Seer. State your purpose for crossing our borders." My tone is somewhat demanding, but I feel no need to start attacking anyone. They seem unaware, oblivious, to the fact that there are herds, and these herds should not be trespassed. Suddenly, I notice these horses have four wings. I can't help, but think 'Lucky bitches.' They must be fast fliers. Perhaps the mare isn't the best at camouflaging, not with that bright pink coat (that almost gives me a headache). Both of these horses have weird markings on their legs. I wonder if they are related, perhaps from the same land? I wouldn't be surprised if they have more embellishments that I have missed. "The World's Edge is home to fine warriors that won't hesitate to kick you two out," I pause, and offer them a somewhat hostile-somewhat honestly sweet smile as I continue, "Luckily, I know too much about how one can slip into another's land without even knowing. For your knowledge, anything the fog touches is part of this herd. Perhaps if you see no fog anywhere, you can continue until glass shards are near. This is our border." I speak with knowledge. I can't help but be excited about talking about the fog. In essence, many would say fog is just a lazy cloud that hugs the earth, rather than hovering in the sky. To me, it is more. It's something strange and fascinating. The fog symbolizes my home. It allows me to hide in it's grayness. I do this when I want to be alone. When I want to be in isolation, away from the word and all the pain it brings, fog is here. The glass, however, doesn't hide me. In fact, it hurts the bottom of my hooves and sometimes gets painful little pieces of glass wedged up near my frog. Of course, Shilva doesn't mind the glass, after all, she can just slither around it.

With one ears cocked backwards and the other forwards, I show my interest. "If you are lost... I wouldn't mind helping you find where you want to go?" My voice is somewhat softer, more Aurelian than the stronger tone used to intimidate and ensure that whoever hears me knows I am in charge. I don't like that tone. It doesn't suit me, completely. If I ever become lead (which I do want to do), I think I'd be the type to be more quiet. When I'm pissed off, sometimes it'll be quiet rage. My voice would be a whisper, but threatening nonetheless. Other times when I am pissed off, my fire magic turns on and I start burning everything, including horses. Actually, I think the horses usually take more damage then my surroundings. Isn't that weird? I guess it's a good thing, though. It'd be bad if I were to start a wildfire.

ooc:; hope you don't mind i hopped in :D

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Muriel Posts: 54
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 6 Years 4 Months
Brit

Since they had left the Sanctuary, the pair had grown steadily closer. It was amusing and endearing in equal parts to see Leliel try to fight it, even as it happened naturally. He attempted to appear sour, but as the days went on she could see the smiles creeping through. Her sweetness had countered his inherently sour nature, and it warmed her heart to see him truly enjoying time with her. Maybe she really could teach him how to love? It was such an odd phrase, but she was caught between wanting him to be himself and wanting him to feel for her what she had always felt for him. It was with reluctance that she had started leading them to a herdland, having enjoyed the time she spent with just him and almost fearing the possibility of him meeting someone he preferred the company of in a herd and leaving her behind for the countless time. Her heart had been his since the beginning, she could hardly stand the possibility of him loving her after all that time and then losing him.

In the sweltering heat, it was hard to think of anything else. But with his midnight coat, he was suffering far more than she, and Muriel knew he would never dare to speak of his discomfort. So instead she gently pressed her wings on her left side against his canvas to guide him, smiling softly to herself to see him relax under the shade of the pines, clearly grateful for the sudden drop in temperature. One word drifts from his lips, a query, and she is so used to his sightless state by then that she no longer nods. "Yes, the World's Edge approaches, so the pines are thicker here. I thought you might need the shade with your darker coat, even if you wouldn't have told me," she teases softly, laughing quietly between the two of them. It's an answer to both questions, as well.

Of course it would just so happen that her secondary wing would snag on one of the branches hanging down, and cursing softly- truly, Leliel was beginning to be a bad influence on her- that Leliel would blindly wander past the borders. When she glanced back up after untangling herself, fear gripped her heart. "Leliel no, wait! The border!" She races after him, but another has already interceded, vile words snapping out of her mouth. The girl reminds Muriel of Antheia, when she had been attacking Onni with her awful words and foul atmosphere in the Veins. Like a cat she bristles, ears slamming into her cranium even as she reaches Leliel, shoving him backwards and letting both wings flare out to shield him from view.

"He's blind you fucking idiot! Can't you see that?" she snaps, walking them backwards towards the border once more. Only once she has paced them back enough to feel comfortable does her temper begin to soothe and smoothen out. "He didn't mean to, I was caught up, I'm sorry. We didn't mean to trespass." As much as it kills her to have to bow her head submissively to this rude child, these are her lands and she clearly has some sort of power, and Muriel cannot jeopardize their potential home with her anger towards the mare. Doesn't she see the fucking scars on Leliel's face? The sightless way he turns his head?

"It's automatic to be defensive when it comes to him...please excuse my temper. We were here to seek shade, and maybe learn of your herd. My name is Muriel, this is Leliel." Despite the desire to bow as she normally would have she refrains, still stung by the babe's insolent attitude. A Seer? She was hardly off the teat! But Muriel says nothing for once, knowing they were at her mercy, that the herd would side with her more readily than the pair of them. Turning, she reaches to brush her muzzle lovingly across Leliel's cheek, breathing out her nostrils to warn him of her approach. "Are you feeling better, love? Is the shade helping?" Her tone is full of the purest, deepest love. It is the only way she has ever spoken to him, after all, and it is unlikely to change. Plum eyes are full of warmth as she gazes at him, hoping to discern the truth should he try to lie to make her feel better as he often tried to. Dual wings lift to brush tenderly against his own, a sign that she's there and won't allow anything bad to happen to the two of them, after all it had been her fault that she hadn't been more aware. "I'm sorry, dear. I didn't mean to lose touch with you." Muriel guided him most often with her wings, and without that feathered touch between the two of them she couldn't stop him or warn him of the approaching border.

It doesn't matter to her that Aurelia is present to hear such intimate, loving phrases. Her love is not shameful, and she will not hide it.

Muriel
I fell in love with you suddenly, whisper "Hello, I've missed you quite terribly"
Image Credit

Leliel Posts: 55
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 9
ali
leliel.

"You've just trespassed into the World's Edge."

I stop immediately when I hear that I'm trespassing. It isn't the news that I'm trespassing that makes me stop, but the voice, so cold and calculating. My body stiffens, muscles locking in a manner that makes me look like I'm preparing to attack. Belatedly, I hear Muriel's voice warning me of the border but the other mare is already demanding that I state my purpose. She continues on and threatens us with warriors to kick us out when all I've done is accidentally cross a border that I can't see. My ears tilt back against my head as she says that everything the fog I see touches is part of the World's Edge. "Are you fucking kidding me?" I snap harshly, looking in the direction that I think she is in. I feel like she is mocking me and I don't like the feeling. And I don't like the sudden desire to smash her head into a tree for mocking me.

I suck in a breath, fully intent on yelling at and berating her but Muriel beats me to it. I feel awkward with her shielding me from the other mare and I want to push past her wings to yell at her properly. I shuffle backwards with Muriel as her wings press against my chest. "Don't." I say when she begins to apologize to the rude girl who stopped us. "We have nothing to apologize for." I don't care if that might not exactly be true. I didn't purposely cross the border so she didn't have to be such a self righteous bitch.

I bumped past Muriel then stopped so I could glare into the forest. "Its a miracle you have a herd at all when you greet someone with such rudeness." I spit the words out, knowing that Muriel would find them amusing. I am often the epitome of rudeness and here I am calling her rude. My ears slant sideways as Muriel began to fuss over me, asking if I'm feeling good. I try to shrug her off but in the end I let her continue fussing over me while I fuss at the one that calls herself Aurelia. "For a Seer you certainly don't use your sight to your advantage." Could she not see my scars? There is so much more that I can say, countless curses that I can fling at her but I have a feeling that it won't even matter to her. Instead I turned my head and bumped my muzzle against Muriel's. "If everyone here is so rude and bitchy I don't want to stay here." I admit, I said it only to piss off the mare that intercepted us because she had pissed me off.

"."

image credits!

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily
Aaron

"I have to admit I am shocked at the manners the new Seer has." The painted stallion's deep voice rumbled from behind the pair. This was his home, even if he was not currently calling it such. He fought for these lands under the leadership of Mirage. He had been here long before many of the others who now called it home including his friends the King and Queen. It is with slight arrogance that Aaron back into his old home. Alanna, her fur along her spine raised moved at his side.

Sure he knew it was silly to come back to visit so soon, but he did miss his friends. Kimber held his heart and always would, but nothing could replace the bond he had with Kaj, Kahlua and several other members here. He comes to stand between the two female pegasus. How dare the seer be so quick to judge?! As part of the counsel she was supposed to be the wise one... Yet this... This... Bitch. Alanna's voice cut into his thoughts. Aaron had to suppress a laugh and smile. This was why she is his soul mate. Ever finishing what the painted knight was thinking. "Let me assure you, not all within these broken walls lack manners. I am Aaron, former Glazier of World's Edge." His eyes cut to the ivory and gold mare, almost daring her to speak a vile word to him or those who had come seeking possible shelter.

His gaze only softened as he turned to speak to the strange pair. But in an instant he was forced to remember his kid sister Azale. Their wings.... Two sets... Like... He couldn't bring himself to think her name, so once again Alanna did it for him. Like Azale had Quickly Aaron regained his composure and spoke. "Please excuse me for staring. My younger sister was born with two sets of wings, just like the two of you have. Outside of her, I have never met anyone with more than one set before, although my mother did say that the stallion had two sets as well.."

"Talking"

OOC: Aaron started screaming in my head when I read this post. So kick me if ya want <3
Image- foxyfirewings @ DA
Brush- http://www.obsidiandawn.com

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
ooc:; eep, bad post. she kinda just tunes out what evryone says towards the end.

Suddenly, there is an explosion. I don't mean an explosion of magic, bombs, or anything else. Anything else, but words. Things are flung around by the pink one then the black and blue one. To be honest, it kind of makes my head start to spin. I hear the mare speak. She's saying, "He's blind you fucking idiot! Can't you see that?" Her words do sting more then what he says. He says, "Are you fucking kidding me?" Suddenly, I'm beginning to regret coming here or trying to use my power. This is what I get for trying to instill the rules of our herd. I've just offended a blind stallion. Well, I don't know if I offended him, but to me he seems pretty ticked off. I can tell he's blind now. By the way he tries to look at me. There are scars over his eyes, and in the pit of my stomach, I feel queasy. I've seen horses with scars over their eyes and they can see perfectly, so I kinda looked over the fact that this stallion could be blind. Plus, I've never seen a blind horse, so how should I know? As the mare begins to apologize, I shake my head back and forth. As if telling her not to apologize will make me look better, but I think the action goes unnoticed. Because the stallion immediately butts back into the conversation and tells her to not apologize. Well, they did trespass, but I've decided to overlook that for now. The mare is trying to block him. From me, maybe?

"You don't have to apologize. I am the one who needs to apologize. I was unaware of the situation. I've never seen a blind... anything? This is why I could not tell." My voice reeks honesty. I really didn't know, and I feel terrible now. It's funny how I can fuck someone's day up rather quickly. Well, no, it's not funny. Actually, it's sad. Why am I so insensitive? "We were here to seek shade, and maybe learn of your herd. My name is Muriel, this is Leliel." Shade and knowledge? Is this all they have come for? Can I be sure they won't take me and other members prisoner? I cock an eyebrow at them. I'm tempted to bring up the other lands shade can be found. The Threshold and Deep Forest have shade, yet they choose here, why? Surely all the roots would trip the blind stallion, and the fog would blind the mare, making her trip. Was it a smart idea coming here?

"You may stay and rest for as long as you please. Just know there is an open field over there and a cliff that follows. Of course, you two are pegasi, so a cliff should cause no issues." I don't know why I am saying so much. Maybe I want to make sure he doesn't walk over there and fall of the edge of the world into the cold ocean.

Leliel, the stallion, is quick to speak again. Smart ass remarks, eh? "Its a miracle you have a herd at all when you greet someone with such rudeness." I can't help but offer a smug smirk (that I know he can't see, but whatever). "The rules set must be respected. If you had waited at the borders, you would've received a different greeting, but of course, I can't blame you for breaking the rule." How the hell did Leliel get past the glass shards while being blind? Didn't he feel the shards of glass shredding the bottom of his hooves like the chunks do to me sometimes?

I think about the two and their relationship. Muriel and Leliel. Shuch similar names, but different horses. Opposites attract? If opposites do attract, then why can't I fucking attract Mauja. I sigh inwardly thinking about Mauja and his spots. Why is he so unreachable? Why can't he just tell my why he's so cold, so gone? Why can he only feel the emotion of anger? That's the way it certainly seems to me. Something I consider an action two lovebirds would do, is just a semi-friendly gesture. His voice cuts my thoughts off. The image of sexy Mauja is ripped my brain and replaced with ole dead eyes, here. "For a Seer you certainly don't use your sight to your advantage." I don't react. Is he trying to get kicked out? Suddenly, there is another stallion. And now, I wish the grey fog would come and devour me.

"I have to admit I am shocked at the manners the new Seer has." My mouth drops open. "Excuse me for trying to enforce the rules the Queen and King of the Edge made!" I can't even deal with this anymore. I don't say anything else. I'll let them talk, because obviously this asshole paint knows more about manners then me. And he obviously can tell Leliel is blind. Why does everyone hate me? Mauja was wrong. Everyone hates me. Why doesn't anyone respect me? Ugh, this sucks. I feel like I could get more respect from the tree over there.

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Muriel Posts: 54
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 6 Years 4 Months
Brit

Despite the proffering of the proverbial olive branch on Muriel's behalf, a pale feminine face swings side to side, dismissing her apology. Confusedly the mare lets one ear swivel sideways, at a loss of what words to conjure up next now that she has been denied a sincere apology for her truly inconsiderate actions. If this miss is a Seer, she must watch her step, ever so more now that Leliel accidentally crossed the borders. Her instinctive lashing out had been just that, instinctive, but it seemed Leliel would have none of her apologetic tendencies. The femme let her wings drop on his side as he pushed by, knowing he wouldn't slow down now that he had been offended by the young lass. Sighing softly, the coral damsel stepped to his side, for no matter the mess she'd never leave his side. He would always have her there as support. With Leliel on a rampage, she's unsure of when to answer the fae, and so instead gives a kindly smile that emanates more warmth than should be possible in such a simplistic expression. It speaks of her forgiveness. After all, nobody is perfect, Muriel certainly never claimed to be. She is young, she will make mistakes.

Her doubtful expression is received in a similar manner, face glowing with honesty and kindness. Muriel was a horrific liar, not that Aurelia would know that upon first meeting her, but the rose hued beauty had no reason to lie in the first place. It was far less harmful to seek shade and knowledge than to plan an infiltration via joining. Though, it was possible that was merely Muriel's personal opinion. They were not lurking in the crevices of the borders, after all, and had approached rather obviously. Hopefully the Seer would see in Muriel the truthfulness she wished to impart, and relax her guard a little. "Thank you, Aurelia." Gratitude was visible on the woman's face, for it wasn't a necessity for Aurelia to inform them of the cliffs, and it was clearly her sensitivity to Leliel's blindness that prompted the inclusion of such information.

While Leliel vehemently disapproved of their reception, Muriel nodded mutely to Aurelia's words, not wanting to inflame the situation any farther. Though it seemed futile, with the approach of a painted fellow, who was far kinder of word to the pair of them. Relief sagged lithe shoulders, and Muriel smiled faintly. This encounter and the blistering heat did nothing for her waning energy. "A pleasure, sir Aaron. My name is Muriel, this is Leliel. Are you well?" Genuine interest colored faintly smiling features, hoping to strike up conversation that was not burdened with such heavy tension.

Frowning softly and shrinking back, ears falling to her crown at Aurelia's anger, she sighed softly. Wordless, unsure how to respond when it was not directed towards her, she instead focused on Aaron's words and smiled graciously. "You're more than excused, Aaron. It's seemingly uncommon in this land? You are not the first." Laughing softly she edged closer to Leliel, dual wings reaching for him in her discomfort. The tension was making her feel sick, and her energy was waning quickly, especially with having to use her eyes and energy for two instead of one. Tentatively she reached to lay her cheek upon his shoulder, tired of all the drama and bone-weary in general.

Muriel
I fell in love with you suddenly, whisper "Hello, I've missed you quite terribly"
Image Credit