the Rift

[OPEN] We're Made to Heal [Competition Healing]

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne
Past time for their usual visit today, and she rather hoped that they would come across the other Doctor while they were there. A couple questions about some new herbs were bouncing around in her head and she wanted to get Resplendence’s thoughts. She relied on magic too often in her youth, the knowledge of the herbs she had been taught had gaps in it and she was working hard to catch up, to be worthy of the position that she had been trusted with. It still felt like too much, still felt like she wasn’t ready, but she wasn’t alone. Just being in the presence of Resplendence was soothing, it felt wonderful to have teachers here - to put her faith in the knowledge of others that were willing to share.

A little nest had grown in her sleeping spot - the grass grown long and wildflowers beginning to sprout amongst the blades, encouraged into more vigorous growth by her constant presence. Hemlock was practicing flying from her back to the branch of the nearby firs, hooting with delight every time the trip was made successfully. She could watch him keep up with this all day, but there were other things to attend to.

Little did she know just how much would need tending to before the day was over! “Come on, little one. Let’s go find them. And no picking fights with Valiance.” She was not entirely sure when dragons started with their ability to breathe fire but she knew that Hemlock was too stubborn to back off even when threatened with becoming Flammulated BBQ. Though he grumbled an agreement to her words, she felt like there was no guarantee that something wouldn’t spark between the two of them. Nothing dangerous had happened yet, but Valiance was protective of the sweet doctor and Hemlock was… well, he thought he was bigger than he really was. The fledgling clung to the strands of her mane as she set off, finding her way to the garden where she had been spending a little bit of time every day giving the land as much as she could.

It was the first place they would check and seemed the most likely of spots to find her friend. As she approached, cautious about startling either the mare or her dragon, she called out before she had a clear view of the garden through the trunks of the trees. “Resplendence? Sweetie, do you have a moment?”
everybody heals with love
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3

@[Resplendence] first please and then anyone from the captain competition (or one of their friends) can come ask them for healing since the lovely Moon Doctors will be conveniently together ;)

@[Fiore], @[Ktulu], @[Archibald], @[Note]
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and don't worry, just breathe
It was tiring. These memories had been haunting her at night. She wasn't necessarily herself and she couldn't change that. If only they could get rid of those pieces of the wall. Or, if they could just rebuild it. Perhaps she would be able to have the nightmares stop. Lack of sleep was beginning to take its toll and it was about time that she took some chamomile to calm herself down.

Valiance took to the air in a swift movement at the sound of rustling foliage. Res was too exhausted to move from her position curled up under the largest coniferous tree near her garden without good cause. Tired eyes slid closed as she allowed herself to stay hidden and wrapped up in her long tresses of hair. Meanwhile, the red one circles around from high above, spiraling down at the sound of Aly's voice calling for Res.

Exasperated chirps reach Res's ears as the dragon attempts to tug Aly's hair closer to where Res was laying. Carefully, and painstakingly slowly, she rose to her feet. However, the exhaustion is clear upon the lines on her face as she leans up against the tree she had been laying under. Limbs weaker, eyes are half-awake due to the lack of sleep that had been taking its toll on her frame. "Aly? Of course I have time, darling." she murmurs, eyes searching to meet hers as Valiance takes his spot on the lowest tree branch above Res, ruffling his wings and puffing up in order to attempt to look protective even though he was only a few months old.
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Fiore Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Fiore

He ached, boy he ached! The fact he had walked away from that fight was simply a miracle in Fiore’s eyes, perhaps he was getting better at running. His chest, however, could probably manage without having a mammoth’s hooves pounded into it, even now it hurt to breathe. Though the paint had to admit, if they were to be his comrades in arms, he was quite content with the safety they brought to the herd. His worry came with his own abilities, did his new family think he was some stranger punching too far above his weight? Fiore was not one to be happy with just scraping by, but he had no little friend to help him out, no magic to call upon and he was even shorter than most in stature though his compactness got him out of most sticky situations. The stallion felt like he needed advice, but he knew barely anyone here and they might think him pathetic for asking. A warrior needs to be dependable not doubting his own abilities. Fiore sighed and then winced in pain, at least he’d got the chance to introduce himself before the battle had ended. Forcefully he pushed aside his troubled thoughts and reminded himself that he too had dealt a few blows, perhaps time and patience would see him a victor. Until then it was best to understand the herd he was now apart of, the family he was protecting.

The warrior set about finding other residents with his main objective being a healer, perhaps he’d find one or someone who knew where to find one. The only names Fiore knew who belonged to the Worlds Edge were Kahlua, Saphiron, Archibald, Note and Ktulu. Five horses. Surely there were more than five horses in the herd. He smelt more than five horses.

Fiore travelled slowly through the woodland until finally he heard a pair of voices and carefully picked his way across to the edge of the trees where he found two mares one peering at the weary looking other. However, the equines eyes were quickly drawn to the flash of red and his eyes bulged with a moment of disbelief before finally he laughed quietly and shakily mumbled to himself. "Dragons, ha. I should’ve guessed." Every other fantasy creature seemed to exist in this strange land, it would have been odd to see no dragons.

Catching his breath from the brief shock, Fiore travelled a little more closer until he was almost right beside the monochrome coloured mare with an interesting headband and her fun looking owl. The other was a dun with a missing ear and she had, from what he could see, a necklace. Between the two pretty strangers was a marvellous garden that Fiore noted with surprise before coughing carefully by way to gently let them know he was there, just behind the winged girl. "Sorry for intruding on your conversation, I’m Fiore and its a pleasure to meet you. I'm afraid I don't know all that many who live here yet" his voice was polite and his tone was a light one filled with apology and strain, it still rather hurt to talk.

"I was in the recent Captain tournament and I feel like my chest is going to collapse, do you happen to know if there are any healers nearby?"

Fiore has a nose, shoulder, chest and neck injury. However, only the neck (dog claws) and chest (Archibald hooves) injuries really need seeing to ^^ <33

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali
Ktulu</style>
when the sky turns gray and everything is screaming
i will reach inside just to find my heart is beating
</style>

Bumps and bruises, scrapes and cuts were nothing compared to the blistered flesh on her flank. Each step pulled at the tender skin and made her grit her teeth and chew on her tongue so she wouldn't utter any groans or whimpers. Eytan, on the other hand, felt her soreness through their mental link and felt the pain that came with blistered skin. He whined every now and again, his caramel eyes glancing up at his bonded who kept her blood red eyes forward and stubbornness about her features. The Edge had healers, she knew, and while she would prefer for Lakota to heal her exclusively, she knew that she would need to trust the healers if she were to fit in properly. Should she be named Captain she would have to work with the healers when she or her warriors got injured.

Her ears pressed forward at the sound of voices, one of which she recognized as Fiore if only because he had introduced himself at the end of their fight. 'Asking for healer.' She could feel Eytan's gaze on her, and she finally glanced down at the bear. The concern shining in his eyes made her frown and look away again. 'Go!' he insisted. 'Find where healer is.' The Constrictor had had no intention of not finding out where the healers were hiding, which she felt Eytan should have known, and his persistence made her ears lay back against her head. "I'm going." She growled at the bear. "Now hush. I can't hear them over you."

Eytan was effectively silenced, but she could feel his annoyance with her. It, however, mattered little to the mare who was sore, scraped, bruised, and blistered. When the group came into view she did not stop until she was standing to Fiore's side, though she gave them several feet apart. "I also need a healer." She said, looking first at the pegasus then at the equine. Vague recognition flickered in the back of her mind but she quickly wrote it off as nothing as Eytan came to stand beside her.

"."

Image Credits

Icon by Tay

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne
The sight of the darling healer was always enough to brighten the smile on Alysanne’s face, and today was no different. With her soft voice and her vast knowledge, Resplendence was everything that a healer should be. The winged mare knew she would learn so much from her over time, maybe she would even teach a little herself! Who knows. Today, however, the lesson that she had in mind was not going to be the one that happened. The words were dancing on her tongue, ready to bring up the questions in her mind. But then the appearance of someone else quite made her forget what the question even was!

Hemlock lurked, watching with a suspicious glare as the stallion addressed the two doctors. Alysanne gasped a little at the sight of the injuries - how long had it been since she had actually seen someone hurt? Long, very long. Not long enough, truthfully, for she never wished for such an event to occur. But here was someone clearly in pain and he was taking the time to use all the pleasantries. “Oh my goodness! You’re in luck, we’re both healers. You’re very polite for someone who looks as though they are in an incredible amount of pain.” She almost continued on and completed the introductions but that would have just wasted too much time and despite his pleasant voice and kind words, there were injuries that needed to be dealt with. She looked to the other Moon Doctor with a small amount of panic, wondering just what she was supposed to do next. Herbs? Or could she leap right into the mist magic that she had never attempted before? She hoped that the look was enough for Resplendence to recognize that Alysanne would need a bit of guidance.

Her heart was willing, this was just something that she did not want to goof up!

A mare joined them, a gorgeous unicorn, with her own injuries. Alysanne knew that it was important to have those that protected the herd but was putting themselves through this really the best thing to do?

But no matter! They were here now. “I’m Alysanne and this is Resplendence, we’ll get you both healed up nice and soon.”
everybody heals with love
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
a silhouette and nothing more is all that's left behind

And they came. The first one was sweet, though it was obvious that he was suffering from quite a few injuries. His cough had alerted Res that he was coming before Valiance had done anything, and so the dragon settled down upon her withers as she turned to the stag with a gentle nod of her head. Had he entered any other way, her response would have been far different. More like her hiding behind Alysanne in panic.

However, it seemed that we have spoken too soon. For the next arrival did little for the mostly calm state of Res's nerves. The unicorn mare, the bear. The way that she stared so directly at Res. Everything about her reminded her of the Grey - of the invasion of the Foothills, of her old home and she was instantly sent reeling backwards behind Alysanne in order to use her to deflect that red gaze.

With Aly taking care of the introductions, Res allowed herself to step forward, Valiance prodding and acting as though he would protect her from whatever was going to happen (even though she knew that he would never be allowed to put himself in harms way when he was so young). Carefully, she moved up to Fiore's side. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Fiore. I apologize if this is uncomfortable - I like to know where I'm directing the energy," she explains, looking over to Alysanne and tilting her head toward the black unicorn. Dear God, please take care of her - I can't make myself get near her. One. Two. Three. Deep breath in and then gentle prodding around his neck and shoulder - seeing the claw marks and slight swelling which was already beginning to form. "Let me know if anything hurts," she whispered, focusing most of her attention upon the stag before her and then beginning to prod farther down his frame, along his barrel and haunches, and then all the way to his other side, then a few more questions. "Any headaches, or knocks to the head I need to know about? What were you doing, anyways?" she inquires, standing about a foot in front of him. Subconsciously, she placed Fiore between the dark mare and her - as if it were another form of protection.

She need not panic, but she also was nowhere near comfortable with this whole experience. Why they were letting those in who had once attacked the Edge - who had sent most of the Edge members here from the Foothills - she did not know, but it did not make her feel that much safer…

@[Fiore] && @[imi] (tagging both cause idk which account you get on more) -- only because it's been so long since the last post. sorry for the wait ^^

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Fiore Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Fiore

He smiled at her kind words and managed a painful chuckle that rattled his poor screaming chest making him wince, cutting the joyful gesture short. Taking a deep breath he found his voice through the pain as his lips curled back into a smile, "I would not be rude to two beautiful mares" he charmed along. Even in this state his usual vice of pursuing females with flowery words of warm charisma still won through. He meant every word each time though he had yet to find a mare who believed him. Perhaps he should practise being more sincere looking.

Fiore did well not to flinch away from the dark coated mare as she arrived by his side. Ktulu was as intimidating as she was fearsome, she had scrapped and scrapped well in the fight, the paint made note not to piss her off lightly. Perhaps if she was to let go of the roughness and... Scariness she'd be quite a beautiful mare. In the end, Fiore smiled at his own vices, there was no need to try and woo this female. Most likely that fancy horn atop her head would pierce him faster than he could say "nice ass" and that would be the end of him. No. It was best to know when not to step in hot water. Instead he nodded once to her politely and looked gingerly at the bear.

The monochrome pegasus introduced herself and her friend as Alysanne and Resplendence, Fiore smiled to both in acknowledgement as Resplendence came closer. He turned his attention to the one eared darling who was, really, all hair. Fiore blinked in fascination as he traced the locks that fell to her feet in beautiful folds of cream and red. He wondered, briefly, how on earth she got around without falling over every two minutes and with that he immediately admired her. "Prod away" his warm voice urged her on and as she examined he winced at certain points. "The neck scratches and certainly my chest hurt the most." His voice was becoming increasingly strained in pain, but he endured like he thought any soldier should. He would survive after all and just the for time being he suffered injuries that most soldiers would suffer throughout their career.

"Captain tournament" he explained to the pretty girl "I was quite unarmed in comparison to those who took part." He lamented, giving Ktulu a side glance before shivering at the brown bear. Unarmed might have been a slight understatement.