the Rift

Doe, a Deer! [Adoxa, Any God]

Alisier Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

His wings were strong but he had yet to learn how to properly use them. He found himself stretching them each day and yearning to fly, but Tares had warned him against such pursuits early on. If he was to try and fly on his own he would surely hurt himself, wouldn't he? He was an obedient child and he intended to follow his mother's advice. He was not much for risk or danger, so if flying was truly going to put him in that position, he was planning on avoiding it for quite some time. he was patient, he would wait until he was ready, just as he did with all things. He had waited quite a while before deciding he was "ready" to leave Tares' and Aure's sides, and still he felt uncomfortable without his brother beside him. He felt lonely whenever without his family and yet struggled to make friends or acquaintances outside of them. He loved nature and the creatures that scattered themselves in the oasis that was his home, but they did not love him.

It was a lonely notion. To love so much and receive nothing in return. He was too young for such sadness, too innocent for such burdens. It was a tragedy to see such naivety tarnished so early in his life. He wondered on some nights when he lay beside his mothers and brother if there was something more that he was missing- another friend, perhaps one he could not find hin his family, or even his herd. He saw the strong bond between his mothers and their charges, perhaps he too could feel that same love. Unconditional, beautiful, loyal. He pictured himself striding beside the magnificent deer he had occasionally spotted in the Oasis' wood, wondered if such a thing could ever come to pass.

But if there was ever any place that his dream could become reality, it was here. He knew of the gift the gods had given his mothers at this hallowed place. Maybe, just maybe, they could spare a moment for his own, humble wish as well.

[[Alisier comes seeking a young buck companion to grow up with.]]
stock

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
The Gods are busy and cannot answer you today, try again later.

Return Date: 10/23

Unregistered
[[Can I use the Dragon Throat's Second chance pass? Also, Adoxa will be coming along to request a doe, if we could wait for Shauna. :3]]

Helovian Ancient
You try with all your might, but they are still not answering.

Your return date is 10/23/12.

Unregistered
[[As I said in the above post, I was hoping we could wait for Adoxa? The two will be questing together, is there any chance we can use her passes as well?]]

Adoxa Posts: N/A
Unregistered

I wander with my twin, greenish eyes wide with wonder at the new place to which we have escaped. I have never understood my brother's need to leave the sides of our mothers when we are safe and loved there. All I need in life is a small place to roam, a place I know all the crevices of, and my brother and mothers. My brother has talked before of a loneliness he thinks will be cured by a companion as my mothers have. I do not quite understand, but I do know that when my brother looks at the herds of deer that live in this land and admires the strong, fierce bucks, I am gazing upon the beauty of the gentle doe. 'Twould be wonderful to learn the ways of the deer through a bond as strong as the one with my twin, a love I could always count on. Still, I was content in my simple life, loving my beautiful family and the great land we live in. I gaze up at the shrine we have come across, and hope the great gods of our land have understood how I felt, how much I needed to heal my brother's loneliness.
[OOC: Adoxa wishes for a doe companion for himself and a buck for his twin.]
stock

Helovian Ancient
Try as you might the Gods are not answering today.

Return Date: 10/23