the Rift

[OPEN] Entrance of a Princess [Birthing]

Esther Posts: 26
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: Four Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Esther

I have been holding closer to the Basin as of late, since my trip to the Deep Forest at least. It is not because I am afraid of the outside world, but simply because over the last few months my sides have widened out. I know the signs, I am just not used to them happening to me. My time with Déodat may not of been the wisest choice, since I am rather new to the herd... But that is to late to worry about now. I will have to train as a soldier later... Which I am sure will have the General angry... I am foolish to be knocked up this soon. But that is no matter now. What is done is done. I am to be a mother and my Corporal a father. Oh the irony. Our child will be the child of warriors. This is something I never could of imagined. I am grateful for the darkness and depth of my cave home. It has allowed me to hide for weeks now, only leaving to graze. I have to keep my strength up after all. As my sides have grown, the movement inside is the other give away about my condition. Over the last few weeks I have been kicked many times over by tiny hooves.

OH OUCH! What the hell is this?! I drop my head low as agonizing pain grips my frame. OH BLOODY HELL THIS HURTS! What in the hell have I gotten myself into? I begin to breath heavily, as the realization of what is happening hits me. It's time for our child to arrive. I have not told Déodat that he will be a father, and to be honest he has not come to check in on me either. Guess I will be doing this alone. I drop to my knees first, and then onto my side. I am thankful for the space in this cave as I grunt in pain. I throw my head back in pain, my horn narrowly missing the side of the cave. It would do me no good to break my horn while I am giving birth.

Hours have passed, but I am finally through. At my rear lays a small foal. It is blood bay in color, much like Déodat is. I can not help but smile. Marking the blood bay coat is a white marking that trails down it's back and out over it's hips and outlined in pink. I can only hope for the child's sake is that it is a girl. Carefully I move to stand and turn. My legs are shaky after the hours I have spent bringing this child into the world. I begin to clean my child, and indeed discover that it is a girl. A daughter. I smile, nosing the little one gently. Not only my daughter, but my princess. My little warrior princess. She is destined for greatness. I mean, just look at who her parents are. "Welcome to the world, Mirabella." My princess, my wonderful, incredible beauty.

"Talking"

Open to all!

quote quote quote quote quote
Image Credit

[Image: 538046fbcc311]
Please Tag Esther in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Esther at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Mirabella Posts: 35
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Two Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

It is a strange feeling, the sudden movements that seek to squish me out of the warm and dark place I have called home all of my short life. I do not understand what is happening to me. I move, trying to stay within the warmth as I can hear the sounds of the only voice I know. It sounds like she is in pain. I can only wonder if what is squishing me is hurting her as well.

Finally the squishing pushes me clear out of my warm safety. I thrash about at first as it's cold out here! My ears flip around listening to all the sounds, mainly one sounds that makes a strange clopping sound. I have heard that sound before, many times over only muffled.

Soon I understand why as a warm thing washes over my face first, then on down my neck and body. I cry out loudly, a shrill whinny of confusion. I open my eyes for the first time to see the one who I will call Mommy. She is pretty. I do not know colors, but the mix she has is just perfect for me. I listen as she speaks, her voice much louder than it has been before. I can only guess that Mirabella is my name. I like my name. It's pretty just like I am sure I am. I mean, if my Mommy is this pretty then of course I have to be pretty too!

Slowly I move these strange long things that are connected to my body. Then all the sudden I am wobbling and upright. That doesn't last long as I soon lose my balance and fal back to the cave floor. Falling hurts. I look to Mommy, waiting to see if she will help me. No, she just stands there waiting for me to do it. I try again, and this time I stay up. I hesitantly take a step forward, then another and another. Hey this is fun! About that time my belly growls really loud. I stagger forward, and eagerly butt my head under my Mommy, my tiny stub of a glass horn poking in against her belly until I find what I am looking for. I nurse for the first time till my belly is full. I step back and look at Mommy, milk all over my lips.

I'm braver, because I fought a giant and won.
I'm stronger, because I had to be.
I'm happier, because I've learned what matters.
I stand taller, because I'm a survivor.

[Image: 53924d1345a8c]

Arah Posts: 343
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Wynter :: Royal Griffin :: Draining Clutch Frostie
A R A H

I never live in the past like the forsaken.

The sounds echo over to her ears, the doe raises her golden eyes to the caves that are indented in the side of The Basin. Out hunting for Wynter, Arah could only assume that the little brat had flown out this far. The bond was always present and she could use it to find the missing griffin in a instant, but the doe knew Wynter was hunting and wished to respect her boundaries. However these noises is now what holds Arah's inquisitive attention, peering into a cave the Impersonator studies the sight before her with a passive expression. The evidence of birth was overwhelming, and even before she spotted the blood coloured foal, Arah quietly moved into the mouth of the cave. Three months ago Asch and Arwen had been born, so the doe was well aware of what the newly made mother must be feeling. A noise beside her alerted her of Wynter's timely arrival. The female may want a healer and unless the mother had already sent away a companion, Wynter could get Lena. Clearing her throat and stepping in to cave, the sliver doe offered the mother a small smile. "Congratulations." Her eyes floated down to the pink tipped child, watching as she fights to stand. At first the girl topples down onto the floor, but the youngster is determined and finally forces her legs to submit.

Wynter sends feelings on boredom through the bond, she has no interest in the child and wants to continue hunting. Turing to shoot the griffin a glare the doe gives her a single command through clenched teeth. "Fanacht." Through the bond Arah felt annoyance at the command to stay, yet she is impressed at how quickly the griffin had picked up celtic. It was the only language Wynter knew or paid any mind too; this had been Arah's intention. Turing back to the mother with an apologetic smile, the Impersonator's hymn carried gently through the cave. "My name is Arah and this is Wynter." Glancing towards the child that had been named 'Mirabella', the ivory doe was glad to see that the child had an appetite. "I can send Wynter to try and find a healer if you wish? I found that after birthing my twin girls, Lena's abilities allowed me to enjoy their birth more." If the new mother did not wish to have a healer sought out and brought back to her, Wynter would be able to go and hunt. The griffin understood that she was being kept around for a reason, the impatience grew with every passing second. 'Such a brat.'

Watching Mirabella feed again, made Arah pine for the days when her girls had solely depend on her. They had began their weaning process, still relying on her for the majority of food but also starting to survive on other means of fuel. It was shocking too see just how quickly the young girls had grown, however after what had happened to them in The Regime's clutches..well Arah shouldn't be surprised at all. Both Arwen and Asch had their childhood robbed from them, hopefully Mirabella would never experience what her daughters had. The Impersonator kept these emotions off of her face, keeping the small smile in place so she did not dampen the mood. Birth was a beautiful thing after all but inside, she worried about the future of this little foal. It was a harsh world outside The Basin.

And I ain't afraid to die, I’m afraid of going to hell.

✽ Force and magic permitted. ✽
✽ No fatal or permanent damage. ✽
✽ Please only tag in opening posts. ✽

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
déodat,

Déodat had intended to visit Esther to request a training spar with the mare and nothing more. As he neared the cave he noted the presence of another. Odette trailed at his feet as he trekked inside slowly. As he drew closer he caught word of birthing and healers. Did Esther have a foal? Oh gods, did she have his foal!? What had he done? In that moment he considered turning back and pretending as if he never had come. Not because he had no desire for a child, it was simply fear. How could he manage to raise a child? How could he love something when he hadn’t love in so long? At the same time, he had yearned for family beyond his distant and aloof cousin. Before him was a legacy in the making and he could be everything his father wasn’t. Déodat could produce a child that was cherished and loved, not under the constant pressure to be great. This child wouldn’t be the General’s child, it wouldn’t even be the Blood Prince’s child, it would be his beloved child.

As he stepped nearer inside he stopped and gazed at the feeding filly. Déodat’s face was unreadable. It was time to decide. Would he get himself wrapped up in the difficulties of parenting or continue on his solitary and lonely life? Odette was looking at him, and despite her youth she had made her decision clear. This child would be her friend, just like Déo was her friend.

For a desperate moment he wanted to believe the child wasn’t his simply to forsake the responsibilities of parenting, but the coat color and markings were undeniably his. The only thing the child hadn’t inherited as a marker of his lineage was the crimson horn.With his terror, came an indescribable love and pride for this child.

“She is beautiful Esther,” Déodat said a smile breaking over his hardened face, warmth radiating from his tone. “What have you named her?”

"Speech speech speech"

Is that an angel which flew down from the twilight sky?
Is that a fiend which crawled out from a crevice?.

image credits
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

Esther Posts: 26
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17.1 :: Four Years Buff: NOVICE
Emily

It seems it is not long before others arrive. The first, is a mare with antlers and ivory coat. She and what seems to be a companion come. She is quiet, respectful. Perhaps another mother? "My name is Arah and this is Wynter." I nod respectfully. The time for my name and my daughter's can wait. "I can send Wynter to try and find a healer if you wish? I found that after birthing my twin girls, Lena's abilities allowed me to enjoy their birth more." I wonder who Lena is, but I will accept anything that will help me right now. "It is a pleasure to meet you Arah. I am Esther. That would be amazing, if you don't mind...."

My voice trails off as I see him at the entrance to the cave, just beyond Arah. My blood runs cold. I had not told him what had come of our encounter. That I was going to give him a child... Would he want her? "Déodat." I watched as he looked our daughter over, clearly seeing that she is undeniably his. Her coat color to her white markings made it obvious... But would he leave without a word and walk out on us, or would he step up as a father... “She is beautiful Esther,” His smile spoke volumes to me, his tone came with a soft sigh of relief from me as well. “What have you named her?” "Her name is Mirabella." I smiled, nuzzling her gently. Perhaps this would be a start of a new family, perhaps not. Time will tell what will unfold.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

Esther
quote quote
x - x

[Image: 538046fbcc311]
Please Tag Esther in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Esther at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Mirabella Posts: 35
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Two Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

More voices arrive, and I turn to see who else has come to welcome me into the world. The mare with her strange creature thing is nice enough. She is different than Momma and I, where we have one single horn, she has many. I wonder what made her so special, to get so many crowns. I listen to the conversation, not really understanding much. After all, I was only just born a short time ago. I can't even speak yet. Hesitantly, I take a couple steps away from Momma. I need to learn how to use these long things that are connected to me. Clearly they help me move about, as they are smaller versions of what holds Momma and the white mare up.

That is when I felt my Momma's body language change. She seemed upset, which had me staggering backward into her side in shyness. Déodat. Was that a name? I looked to Momma confused, before looking out to the stallion she was now speaking to. He had spoken first, his tone seemed warm like Momma's had been right after I arrived. Could this be my Daddy? Carefully, I toddle forward past the ivory mare. If he's my Daddy then I need to meet him too, right? My legs are shaky as I stop just short of him. But without warning I stumble slightly, or a leg gives way, of which I am not sure. Either way I find myself closer than I imagined. Close enough that if that happens again I will end up leaning against him. I look him over, much as he looked me over. He had a creature thing with him too! I wonder if I will ever get a creature thing.

I turn and look back at Momma, wondering why he wasn't here when I was born. Why was it just us? I looked back to Daddy, did he want me? Was I going to be good enough for him? Wait, of course I will be. I am a Princess after all!

I'm braver, because I fought a giant and won.
I'm stronger, because I had to be.
I'm happier, because I've learned what matters.
I stand taller, because I'm a survivor.

[Image: 53924d1345a8c]