the Rift

Dreamer.

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Dröm ♞
Everything was still as she came. The trees stood still, like statues in a living museum and no leaf dared to fall. The world seemed to hold it's breath. She wanders through the forest as an observer, not a being here to take the land and over use it. She's here to wander around, to see new things, to feel new feelings. Everything is silent but the sound of her round hooves shuffling through the detritus. With each relaxed step she takes, she wanders deeper and deeper into this forest. The vibrant green Redwood trees calling her name, whispering to her to continue to go deeper and deeper into the forest.

She notices a plant with beautiful white flowers up ahead. She's intrigued by the plant, but does not touch it. In fact, she hasn't touched anything, but the ground she has walked on. It's a good thing she doesn't touch anything. This plant is a deadly one known as Flossweed. Carefully, the golden Arabian steps over the plant, you blonde tail slapping her hocks as she does. She doesn't know where to go from here. Should she continue to explore, or turn around?

She is Dröm. Dröm has come to see if her father, Siland the King of Hell, resides here. She doesn't know why she looks for him, but she does. In all honesty, the princess longs for advice from her father. Everyone respected Siland, but as his son and my brother, Duke, rose to power. Siland got a bad name. I never really understood why he had such an awful title. It's as if he wants horses to fear him. It's as if the only way to rule successfully is by driving fear into the hearts of every citizen. Does this make a horse a good lead? Being feared, it's more powerful then being loved. Then again... hope is more powerful then fear. The only problem was that there was no hope.

"Is anyone here?" My voice drips off of my kissers like caramel. Each word is soft and delicate. Her voice was like a magic spell, bringing the dead to life while silencing any other words spoken. The stillness of the forest allowed her voice to travel far. There was no wind to out do her milky tones, no rain, nor was there other horses screeching at each other to hide her words. Today, she would be heard. She glances upward, shadows and light dance across her face as they do her back. She lets out a soft sigh, wondering if anyone heard her, or if anyone is even here. She hasn't really thought of the dangers here, yet. She's only thought about what her father would say if she found him. Maybe something like I left to stay hidden. Why are you so fixated on finding me? Go home, Dröm. If she did find him and he did say this, she'd merely reply with, No, father. No one leaves to hide. They leave to escape. I just don't understand what you were trying to escape from.

"talktalktalk"
ooc:; open for anyone who wants to swing by and pick her up! :D
shoot for the s t a r s
Image Credit

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

Elsa
My head's underwater, but i'm breathing fine.
Elsa had laid low for quite a while now. Her body just running around in circles trying to do something, though life seemed to settle into a rhythm now. She no longer needed to focus on every little detail of every little thing, instead, she decided to resort to the simple pleasures in life.

One of the things that had gotten away from Elsa while she was here, was her love of others. All the time she used to be a social, bright vibrant white flower, and now, she was shriveled on the ground. But do not fret, for she had begun to experience a re-awakening. Instead of a flower, she was now a growing, just sprouted bud. It reached, and quaked, and stood in awe of the sun, trying so hard to break free.

Breaking free wasn't easy, there was work involved, which is why Elsa had decided to return to the thresholds, and put some effort into something other than crafting. A voice then, caught her attention. It was distinctly female, and didn't sound menacing. Then again, the most poisonous are hidden.

She followed the direction of the sound, which eventually led her to petite equine mare. She seemed just a tad older than Elsa, and was covered in a vibrant golden coat. Elsa smiled and offered a nod. She thought about offering a home straightforward, but decided it'd be better to get to know her first. "Hello miss, my name is Elsa. Are you looking for something in particular? I heard you call... Elsa stated sheepishly, hoping he wasn't being to forward. All this felt so foreign even though she had done it over and over before, she felt like a foal learning to walk again.

"their speech goes here and this is the color

code © tamme, picture © chan
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

baylee
Dröm ♞
Her longs gradually grow as the musty air fills her lungs. The perfume of the forest swirled into her lungs. As the breath came back out in a gentle swirl of warm air, she returned her gaze forward, unsure of what lay ahead of her. Should she continue down the narrow path, perhaps she would find danger and harm herself. Of course, there was a chance Siland would be here, and wouldn't that be the sweetest gift for the mare that craves the approval and love of her father? He may not let her bide here if it turns out he is residing here, but she will certainly linger for a few hours, or possibly days. It all depends on what her father feels about her finding him.

It seems suddenly someone has answered her question. Eagerly, both of her audits perk up, half-heatedly hoping it was her father. Was she ready to see him? In one swift motion, she turns herself to face the horse straight on. She is disappointed it is not her father, but still excited that someone has bothered to answer. "Hello miss, my name is Elsa. Are you looking for something in particular? I heard you call..." Her voice doesn't sound how Dröm imagined it would. In fact, it sounds embarrassed and slightly awkward. One of her ears tilt backwards as she listens to this stark mare with the azure markings. She states her name is Elsa, an Dröm immediately believes her. The gold babe has no reason not to trust this mare. A gentle smile caresses partially inky, partially mahogany lips.

With the two mares now smiling, Dröm begins to reply to Elsa. "Elsa," Dröm courteously dips her head at the mare. This is mostly out of respect for this mare. It would be quite awful if Dröm was rude to a mare that could possibly end up being the leader of some strong monarchy. Plus, was there a need to be rude? No. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Dröm." Her smile glows more and more as she speaks. It's as if Dröm enjoys speaking. After all, she is an excellent speaker. "Indeed I called. I'm looking for my father? His name is Siland." My voice grows softer at the mention of him. Has he wrecked havoc here? Has he been named the villian of these lands? Has he even been here?

"talktalktalk"
ooc:; edited to tag you! XD @[Elsa]
shoot for the s t a r s
Image Credit
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Sonya Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Chaotic thoughts were subdued in the mare's mind, but not without a highly taxing amount of effort. It had been many days now yet still the female was unable to break free from the wild notions that haunting voice provided. The tone of the lyrics, the way the syllables caressed her skull with dangerously tender touches. It scared her senseless sometimes. But there was no escaping it. There was something about Tallsun that made her capable of suppressing the words to the back of her mind where it could be caged for a while, but how long she would remain as a shadow of her former self was unknown. The effects of the weather can only ever be temporary. Today, however, was about trying to get a grasp on reality and to forget about her troublesome nightmare. The silver femme wished to make the most of her momentary peace. To do this she decided to trace her hoof prints; to go back where her journey on Helovia began. The Threshold.

The forest path was very different to when she had first arrived, when the Sun was hidden and the ground was snowy. She had awoken to find herself unsuited to the chilled environment. There was little change in her body from then and now coat wise, yet this time of year she was much better adjusted. The summer pelt she had when she arrived would have fitted in perfectly, and she aimlessly wondered if she knew what the season had control of Helovia when she set out to arrive here. Shaking her head and sighing a little, the mare lifted her hind legs off the ground to give a little buck before allowing momentum to carry her nicely into a slow, extended canter. Dark eyes took in the surrounding trees as she passed the foliage, her ghostly figure melting into the shadows but also being lit up when the canopy above her permitted the skies to peek through. Her radars moved freely, listening to the familiar sounds of birdsong but also searching for any equine noises. A noise like that would mean a distraction. A distraction would ensure her happiness. Besides, when was the last time she met anyone willingly?

As though her prayer was being answered, the soft syllables of a stranger were carried along the leaves to whisper in her ears "is anyone here?" It was the only invitation she needed. Winding her body precisely around a nearby tree, she altered her direction and slowed her gait to a trot. A spark entered her eyes at the prospect of coming across someone who may well be new to these lands, someone whom she could help maybe a little. That would certainly make her feel better, the attention and concern being on someone else. Prancing contently through the woodland, the grulla lass kept her ears firmly focused on the area where she had heard the voice come from. She had not travelled all that far, only a few minutes at most, when she heard the distant echo of another voice. Another equine. The words from the second creature were not quite as audible, but Sonya was able to gather enough information that the lyrics were in reply to the first snippet of language she heard. The path twisted and in the distance the two became visible. Quietly, the mare crept ever closer trying to keep her own identity concealed whilst regarding the horse and the pegasus in front of her.

Eventually, her legs ceased their moving as she lingered in the shadows behind a wide tree trunk, curiously watching. The figures had emerged into plain site but the silver essa did not yet want to be seen. Oh, it wasn't a case of being in control of a situation. No, it was simply knowing where she would fit in. Sonya is a member of the Asylum, a group often referred to as the band of crazies. Whilst she was lesser known, there was always a chance that whichever one of them, if one of them, resided on Helovia that she would be recognised and judged for it. She feared her association with the group would lead to her being an Outcast even here. Inhaling deeply, Sonya plucked up the courage and moved seamlessly from behind the large tree back onto the path, heading towards the couple. "Hello there," she spoke as warmly as she could, her curious but cautious gaze drifting over the two of them as her frame brought her ever closer. Finally she halted and regarded them both for a second before more words fell from her maw. "My name is Sonya," her head lowered towards her ground, stopping when her muzzle was roughly level with her knees before lifted her skull again. It was the best introduction she could think of. Now to wait and see if it was enough.

I walk, I talk, I think

tags -- @[Elsa] @[Dröm]

Elsa
She was relieved when the mares words were nothing but a simple, pleasant response. The golden girl introduced herself as Drom. Quite an interesting name, it sounded strong, a little masculine but still.... remotely feminine. It was odd, but a welcome name to the ever so diverse world of Helovia. She was looking for her dad, and Elsa racked her brain to see if the name matched the bank of faces. It was a fruitless attempt, for she did not no one by that name. Elsa sighed, and released the news. "I'm sorry, but that name in unfamiliar to me, but there are many.

Just then, another popped up, she too unfamiliar. Her name was Sonya. Elsa nodded. "The name is Elsa." She looked to the two again, and then figured she might as well make an offer to the unfamiliar pair. "I can offer you two homes though. I live in the Hidden Falls as a Mason, or crafter of sorts. I can bring you two in as any type of beginning you'd like. Whether it be warrior, spy, crafter, or healer." She offered a smile, and allowed the two to make a decision. "In the falls you're likely to find more people able to help. The Asylum lives there, but they aren't a problem. I'm apart of them, they're motley friendly. She offered a wink. "Midas and Seele are capable leaders, and will more than help you if you are seeking higher help." She ended silently, this time actually letting them speak.

[ooc; sorry for the quickness, just wanted to get something in for you guys.]

baylee
Dröm ♞
Elsa, she answers honestly. Of course, her answer is not the one Dröm wants to hear. Elsa says that the name is not one that rings a bell, but the blonde babe does not screech angry words at her. It's not her fault that her father isn't here-- it's no one's fault. "Oh, okay. Do you think someone in this land will know my father, or know where he is?" Her voice is curious, hopeful, even. She tilts the corners of her kissers upward, into an elegant smile.

After a few moments of silence, there is an unmistakable sound of hooves shuffling through the decaying objects on the floor of this forest that make Dröm's head swivel to look at a large tree. She assumes the noise isn't coming from the tree, but something around it. One of her flaxen ears cocks backwards as a horse steps out from behind the massive trunk. She is quite beautiful. Her coat is a few different shades of a greyish color, but on top of that, she has lighter dapples. Dröm cocks her head slightly, curious as to who this horse is. Dröm also notices she is an equine, unlike Elsa. Dröm is not racist. This means that just because this horse has a bare forehead and flanks, doesn't mean she gets some sort of special treatment. Her voice is melodious and enchanting; as refreshing as a warm summers breeze after a very cold Frostfall. Both of Dröm's ears tilt forwards now. This mare claims her name is Sonya. It's such a unique name. The flaxen femme has never heard the name Sonya yet, so to her... it's special. "Hi Sonya! I'm Dröm." As her voice cuts off, Elsa's begins. She introduces herself simply. "The name is Elsa." Dröm offers a wary eye to the white mare. She doesn't seem all that warm and loving like Sonya appears to be. Maybe the babe just needs to get to know Elsa first. Then all will be well.

The snowflake mare begins speaking, and Dröm visibly relaxes. She feels safer when the mare is speaking, because she can almost tell what her emotions are. When everything is silent, Elsa doesn't seem to have affect, also known as emotion or desire that can possibly influence her actions. She seems passionate right now. Passionate about her herd. The herd she speaks of sound well organized and quite nice, but what worries the flax girl is the part about The Asylum. She starts listing what Dröm assumes are ranks in the herd. None sound appealing to Dröm, but healer. Is this what the princess is destined to be? A healer? Elsa continues speaking, and the Dröm listens with alertness. Her honey eyes scan over Elsa quietly and quickly as she speaks. Now, it's Dröm's turn to speak, along with Sonya. She sucks in a deep breath, her sides expanding as the air gently flows into her lungs. "I'd love to join the Hidden Falls. I do house one concern, though. The Asylum won't hate me for not having mental disorders? Will I fit in?" She pauses for a moment. If Elsa says Midas and Seele are capable leaders, than she has no reason to believe she will be ostracized. No capable leader would do that. "I believe what you have said about Meydus and Zeela." In all honestly, the babe doesn't know how to properly pronouce their names. She knows she got Seele's name down, but she's not quite sure how to say Midas.

Suddenly, Dröm no longer holds the spotlight. She gives it to Sonya, by glancing in her direction, as if telling her to put in her input. This is a friendly gesture, and Dröm's smile grows wider as she does this. Time to see what Sonya thinks about this all. Will she join, too? Or will Dröm have to face the hidden place with the Asylum in it alone?

"talktalktalk"
ooc:; :\ I posted on the wrong account at first! Slly me! XD
shoot for the s t a r s
Image Credit

Sonya Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Relief flooded through the mare's body as both of these females accepted her presence without showing any outward signs of hostility. Without even thinking about it she allowed a sigh to pass over her dark lips, as her body visibly relaxed. Her false tension-free stance became real, any remaining doubt about rejection trickling away. The other equine seems happy to see the grey lass, and her reaction resulted in the silver girl's eyes brightening just a touch. This was the first time someone had seemed happy to see her in such a long time, and it most definitely made a welcome change. The equine repeated her, Sonya's name, before introducing herself. Not much more that a second after, the pegasus also revealed her name. "It is a pleasure to meet you both," she bobbed her head slightly, her voice sincere and warm. There was a certain thrill from meeting new creatures now that she was actually doing it. Without any racist or sexist views to ruin the gathering, the grrulla pelted horse could even say she was happy. A smile started to grace her lips, as she listened to the next words to pour from the pegasus' maw.

At the mention of the Asylum the mare's heart skipped a beat. The Asylum to her meant safety. She knew they resided in the Falls, Midas had told her when she had wondered there, but it felt good to be told by someone who was a member. As she cast her mind back, Sonya tried to picture Elsa in the group... A slight frown crinkled her brow. She did not recognise her... She must have joined during her time away from the group, which was unnerving. Or Sonya had not paid enough attention and her memory was failing her. How many new faces were there? How many were gone? Her stomach churned. Seele was one of the leaders of the Falls, so there would be someone there that she liked and knew at least. What about Arlo? She had grown quite fond of him, but she had not heard his name or smelt his masculine scent in so long... In truth she sort of missed him. He had been one of the few to show kindness to her, even offering to teach her how to fight. But that was a long time ago. Brushing the thoughts aside, she let Dröm answer first. Ears flickered backwards slightly as the chestnut questioned the Asylum. Sonya rather liked the flaxen lass and did not want her associations to the group spoiling a potential friendship. The corners of her mouth dropped soon after her mind entered this turmoil. She was still mulling things over when she received a look from the femme, indicating the baton was being passed over.

"I would be most indebted to you if you found me a place in the Falls," she inclined her head politely, accepting the offer without a hesitation. It would be good to feel like she belonged somewhere, to be with her own kind. Midas and Seele were both respectable and trustworthy in her opinion, and the Asylum would not turn on her. A smile formed back on her muzzle as she looked back to Dröm. "The Asylum would never hurt their sister, and I will stand beside you," she spoke softly, trying to reassure the mare. Admitting she was one of the Asylum had not been her intention but she could sympathise and to some degree empathise with this mare. Sonya wanted to protect her. She didn't delve any further into how the Asylum wouldn't randomly attack someone in the same herd, especially when not all of the herd would be one of the crazies. Besides, Elsa would have her own answer too.

I walk, I talk, I think
tags-- @[Elsa], @[Dröm]

Elsa

The flurry of her own voice ends, and Drom's begins, followed by Sonya. Drom, just like many others is wary of the Asylum name. However, she is interested in joining the falls, as is Sonya. So it's relieving when Sonya seems to know, and tells her the Asylum is good and fit. It was true, they may be a little off, but they are friendly nonetheless. Anyways, the short, brief scare from losing them was put aside- they both seem ready to commit. She would add in a few words of peace though, before she continued to accept the newbies. "The Asylum is friendly. I personally don't really consider us separate at all from the herd- we're just a little unique in different respects. And Drom, someone should be able to help, like I said, I can't promise anything because the world is a very big place. She offered a friendly smile, and dipped her head.

"Well, the Falls doesn't allow people to come in without a rank, we all carry our weight there. So you need to choose where you would like to go- warrior, healer, crafter or sleuth. From there you can change, move up in ranks, or leave as you please. Just let me know wherever you'd like to go, I can induct you in and you can be on your merry way a lot quicker so you can explore Helovia. One thing Elsa dreaded was making people feel stuck with her, she wanted everyone to feel free and alive. Creativity is killed by being put in a box.

[ooc;; this can end here, or if one of you wish this to continue in the Falls, it can happen! Otherwise, just make like a closing post and make your updates.]

baylee
Dröm ♞
Sonya reassures Dröm that the Asylum will not harm her. The beautiful mare also claims that she will stand beside Dröm as a sister. Her features twinkled with feminine delight as she heard her sister say this. Sister, as in comrade, colleague, family. The conversation paused for a moment, allowing the three mares to think and wonder what Dröm will say. Will she accept or deny the offer? The white snowflake mare began speaking, allowing the flax girl to consider and contemplate the offer that delicately hangs before her like a slab of meat in a butcher's shop. The string that holds the piece of meat is thin, yet it never breaks. Is this how the offer is? Will it still stand two or three years from now or will the string break and the offer thrown away?

"The Asylum is friendly." Dröm listens carefully to what Elsa says. Each word that spews from the mare's velvet lips reassures the fae more and more. She explains the joining procedure, and how horses must choose a rank when they join immediately. Dröm finds this procedure peculiar. Are all the herds set up like this? She wonders aimlessly while trying to process every word that spews from the snowflake-mare's kissers. Elsa states that she can 'induct us in'. What does that mean? Can no one join freely? What gives Elsa the right to do this? Can't everyone induct whoever they please? Dröm finds this peculiar, but her faith for the Asylum herd has grown upon hearing these mares' words on the herd. "Might I be able to join as a sort of... wise one? Perhaps a philosopher of sorts." Of the things listed, Dröm hears no wise one rank. Has the mare just left this rank out or is there no such thing as this rank? What will the girl become if this is not a rank? Maybe she would make a fine healer. She silently wonders what it would be like to be a healer, or warrior perhaps.

"talktalktalk"
ooc:; @[Elsa] @[Sonya] Dröm chooses to be put in the wise one rank!
shoot for the s t a r s
Image Credit