the Rift

Moon Child [Mesec/d'Art]

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin

A swirling, thick fog hung among the trees, embracing the Edge in its mysterious familiarity. The Moon Goddess had returned, and her presence could be felt throughout the once crisp and hardened land. Once more, the grass began to grow thickly and lushly, and the burned trees were already started to heal as Orangemoon rains fell.

She slid through the trees, a blur of lavender with a thin, leggy child at her side, and she found d'Art easily in the Edge. "Congratulations, d'Art. You and Kou will raise him as your own." With those words whispered, she disappeared, leaving the child all alone.

[OOC: Cue the entrance of Mesec with Danj and d'Art]

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

She's back.

d'Artagnan's skin prickled as she came nearer, his back was still turned as he tried to reel in some coherent thoughts after being caught off guard. Schooling his expression, the Doctor turned to see her lovely appearance flittering through the healing trees. Mismatched eyes widening as a skinny little colt glided by her side. d'Artagnan gazed over the boy, his son, and wondered what kind of future awaited him. A demi-god. No doubt blessed with incredible powers.

The Moon spoke, commanding all of d'Artagnan's attention as his lobes caught every word. "Of course. We shall raise him to be strong as you are" he dipped even as she disappeared. His son now stood by himself. The boy was handsome and dark in appearance apart from odd spaces of grey... Like the night d'Artagnan mused.

"I'm d'Artagnan, your father... Come here my son"

It seemed odd, introducing himself to his own son. He knew the colt would already know who he was but still... He felt the need for an introduction. I need to introduce him to his 'mother' as well... The thought made him cringe. What was Kou going to think of him? Would she understand if he explained himself? Would she refuse to look after him?

d'Artagnan groaned as the future ahead didn't look so pretty.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

The shaky, little figure of the colt had been sprawled onto the cold lands of some place unknown to him. His mother, her lavender and violet hues a comfort to him but before he knew it he had been tossed away from her. Watching in bewilderment as she disappeared after her brief words, he realised that he was not alone. Standing close to him, was a broad mahogany brute, with two horns that were made of glass, however, one had been cut short with a frightening deadliness to it. The mismatched orbs of this beast looked down on him as he introduced himself to Mesec. You are my father?

With a wide gaze of silver bearing on the sir that called himself his father, he asked in a little voice,
"You are?" What else could he say? Such a young fellow, it was not easy to understand anything that he was being thrown with. First being torn away from his mother, he was now having to come to terms with perhaps being raised by total strangers. He hoped that in the future, if this was permanent, he could learn to call him his father. Deep down he felt that he had a small bond of blood between them, even for the little charcoal burnt sienna this only took intelligence. The pools that bore no pupils turned over themselves to investigate his surroundings. Trees, lots of them. Grass and herbage: lots of that too. In all essence he felt that it was actually a startingly beautiful place.

please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

"You are?"

d'Artagnan bit back a sarcastic comment and reminded himself that this was his son, demi-god or not, and he was only very young. Somewhere, deep inside and locked up with steely chains, the short tempered Doctor found something he thought rather profound. Patience. A key attribute to any parent and the more d'Artagnan came to terms with it the more fear crept up on him and a plan formed. All I need is... Kou. Perfect. The red thought about all the times she had found the patience to calm him down in moments of confrontation. When it motor mouth had run a little too far in its own cleverness. Although the problem still remained of how he was going to explain the little colts simple existence to the pale femme who was to be his foster mother.

"Yes boy. Don't ask obvious questions." Boy? Startled d'Artagnan realized his son needed a name. Now this really was a challenge for the Doctor. The only names that frequently ran through his mind were names for plants that were poisonous. Not really suitable for a son of the Moon. Turning back, he gave the lad a once over hoping something about his appearance would stand out. Nothing. Your mother should be dealing with this. Not that d'Artagnan was going to go marching up to the Moon to have a domestic conversation about boy names.

He thought about his own name for a moment but that proved even more difficult. Annoyed, he raised his maw to the wind and called out for his Nurse. Might as well kill two birds with one stone. d'Artagnan turned back to his son and softened his expression a little, "this must be strange for you. No need to worry though, you have the strength of the Moon within you."

filled with rage

The way that the stranger acted towards him made it feel that the little Moon child was as far from related to this brute as was possible. His pools were just as bewildered as Mesec felt, and the foal backed away slightly, taking one step back on his minuscule daggers. Lobes pinned back, he stared with silver orbs at the beast that dare call himself his father, which quite some reluctance to stay within the same vicinity as him. Then his sharp tones rang through the little charcoal and silver frame again as d'Artagnan spoke to him. Yes boy. Don't ask obvious questions. Such a young chap was obviously given some space to feel frightened of his imposing "father", it was only natural. To be thrown from one perfect world where his mother was safe and warm and plunged into the dark, cold lands of Helovia, left with a creature that barely knew how to communicate with a child, let alone care for it.

And then it dawned on him. He called me Boy? With pure innocence ringing through his high little voice, he whinnied back to the sienna brute, asking,
"Is my name Boy?" His mother had never called him something, he was a nameless sappling, feeling the power of the Moon shifting his stance and seeping energy into his sinewy display. The brute's gaze searched up and down his small body once again, with some disgust at whatever it was had crossed his mind. The lamb shook from the intensity of his stare, completely bemused by his personality. Who are you...?

The piercing ring of the call that spurted out from his father's velveteens made the little lad jump out his skin, the silence disturbed once again. Shrinking back into himself, he stood there continuously shaking. Soon, d'Artagnan's voice was aimed at him once again, but this time with a kinder expression on his reddish crown, and the lamb retorted quietly: "Where is my mother?" Reaching his own minuscule crown down to stare at the little droplets of water that still clung to the herbage, he quietly added in a pitiful tone, "I want my mother..."

Kou Posts: 93
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 4
ali

Her once very sleek, feminine frame had changed drastically under the strain of pregnancy. Her sides had swollen and bulged under the weight of the foal she was carrying. Her doctor's foal. It brought a smile to her face to think that the doctor had claimed her in such a way and had given her a child. She often wondered what it would look like and if it would possess magic. At first the idea that her foal might be magical had scared the mare, but she was reminded that she was no longer in Etaine. She was in Helovia where nearly everyone possessed some sort of magical ability. Her foal would be in no danger should it possess magic.

Kou sighed happily to herself as she stepped through the trees, only to pause when she heard the sound of her doctor's voice followed by a very child-like one. The mare changed her direction and soon happened upon the doctor and a very small foal who looked nothing more than a newborn. Her ears tilted back and she looked at the doctor, confusion evident in her gaze. Who would abandon such a small foal or was he just lost? What would they do with him? They had to find his mother and return him.

"Hello, little one." Kou said gently to the foal. She lowered her head and nuzzled the top of his head. "Where did you come from?" Maybe he could describe some herdland so they could bring him back to his mother. Winged or not he was still just a foal.

d'Artagnan rolled his eyes in mild annoyance as the child backed off from him. I hope he doesn't grow up and remain this cowardly he grumbled to himself once more. He wondered briefly what the Moon Goddess was like as a mother, what it would be like to be her son... The Doctor sighed a great sigh and took a small crop of grass, trying to seem as 'normal' and 'serene' as possible. Tilting his head slightly he narrowed his eyes "you must be braver than that my son. Your mother has gone now, you may see her again someday."

It felt harsh. d'Artagnan could sympathize with the boy in some ways, his own childhood wasn't so full of love. The Doctor did feel the bonds, his blood ran in the veins of this child. He already felt the parental love towards him, but if his son was to be strong and capable... There were things d'Artagnan thought he must do by himself.

"Is my name Boy?"

d'Artagnan cursed as the question ran through his mind. Well... Its not that bad of a name. Bird's singing filled the silence as the Doctor fought back laughter. I can't call him Boy?! What would his mother say?! Another domestic conversation d'Artagnan would not have with the heavenly lady. His thoughts were cut short by a familiar voice travelling on the breeze. Kou. Turning round, apprehension tinged with fondness and guilt was written all over his face.

"Where did you come from?"

Cursing even more, d'Artagnan gathered himself up and answered with his usual grumpy, indifferent demeanour. "The Moon, Kou. He is the son of the Moon... She asked, or rather stated, for us to look after him." He thought about his next words carefully. He could lie, but that would lead to problems in the future. But... If he told her now it wouldn't be good for the boy to see them argue. No good. I'll have to take the risk.

Turning to face Kou properly, d'Artagnan gave her a gauging look "he is also my son."

filled with rage

d'Artagnan's words gave him little comfort. To the newborn it felt as if he was completely secluded and imprisoned away from his beloved mother. Seeing her was never going to happen, and with a heavy heart he reluctantly faced up to the fact. He simply gaze a small look at his father and then back to the ground before replying,
"Yes, I will..."

No reply was given to the name of the small colt, his dark features casting eerie looks as the moonlight high in the heavens cast a glow from his shimmering silver markings. The dapples were particularly fetching of the child, emphasising his Moon descendant. As he waited for more words from the frightening brute, another came in close. Her words were soft, just like the pelt that glowed brightly in the dark light. Her frosted look gave way to kind pools as she asked where he came from, but d'Artagnan soon explained. He imagined it would be difficult for this femme to understand if he, the supposed child of the beast could not.

Shaking again, the whole experience totally overwhelming him, he kept silent whilst the other two exchanged words...

Kou Posts: 93
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.0 :: 4
ali

Kou did not let the doctor's grumpy tone affect her. He always spoke that way no matter what the circumstances were. Instead she just focused on the little foal and smiled at him. She only looked back at her doctor when he said that the Moon wanted them to take care of him. "Us?" She asked, expression portraying just how confused she was by the request. "But why us?" A foal should be with it's mother and she was not its mother. "I wonder who is father is."

"He is also my son."

The admittance wrenched her heart painfully and left the mare feeling nearly breathless. "Yours?" Her gaze fell from d'Artagnan's face to the young colt. "He's yours..."

How? Why? When?

All questions the mare wanted to ask, but she was still unable to really catch her voice. Why would he do that to her? She must have looked like a fool pining after the doctor while he was busy with the Moon God. How would their child even compare to the one from the Moon God? "Was she before or after me?" She finally found strength enough to ask.