the Rift

[OPEN] Jailhouse Rock [prison cell#2] (CLOSED)

Cashmere Posts: 115
Up For Adoption atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2hh :: 5 (Orangemoon) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
I've wandered away from the herd meeting, feeling happy that I was able to contribute to the conversation, if only a little. My knowledge of other herds is minute, but I get the sense that it is still more than many others who live in the Falls. I'm returning to the cliffs that border our land, to the crafting that I have been tasked with. Of course, I don't mind helping out making prison cells, but it is a little depressing. I certainly would not want to be locked in a cell in the side of a cliff.

The grass is green and long under the Tallsun sun. It tickles my legs as I walk through it, but I don't mind. It's mentally restorative for me, and I appreciate everything the earth has to offer me. I pass the first cell that we've started to build. It's about half complete, and though I want to go complete it now, I'd like to wait for some assistance. Instead, I will get started with the second cell. I pass a few yards down from the first cell and stop in front of the rock. It looks ominous to me and I wonder how I even have the power to work into it. But then, nothing is greater than the Gods. And somehow I bear this gift from them. I press my horn into the rock wall and begin to carve out an opening about the same size as the last cell. The rock cracks under the tip of my horn, though the pressure I apply is little. I concentrate, picturing in my head how far back the splintering should go. Enough room for an equine, like a stall. Not too big or 'cozy', but not too small so that they can't move around in it. I understand a prison cell but I don't want anyone tortured by being in too small a space.

I move my horn over the outline and hear the rock cracking. As I step back, I can see that like carving a pumpkin, there are spaces between the place that I have carved and the rest of the cliff. I press my glass horn against the rock and will it to shatter - and with a loud CRACK! and lots of rumbling, it obeys my will.

I take a step back, smiling at my work. It's taken a good amount of energy out of me, but I'm definitely making progress. I take a deep breath, trying to steady my blood and heart rate. Sure it'll take a moment, but I'm not worried. All is going as planned.

OOC: Not sure if we will need a second thread or my second large item, but this for sure counts as at least one thread, and one large item. So. There.
@[Midas] @[Seele]
@[Elsa] - you need to reply!

how I walk
"how I talk"
how I think
-how She talks to me-

Table by Lauren || IMAGE CREDITS
[Image: cashmere_by_lainey_lou-d73bbjq.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I knew the idea of creating a holding cell seemed cruel—but these cells weren’t meant to hold someone indefinitely, they were meant to serve a temporary purpose. Surely this new family didn’t see me as a barbarous creature… Lingering with the crowd was less than appealing, so I’d also left the meeting and my conversation with Oxy, aiming to escape the crowds and find some other use for my time with the remainder of the day. Cashmere had also crept off, I hadn’t meant to follow her into the clearing where the first of our prison cells were coming to life—but we both seemed to end up there. I slipped from the overhanging limbs, the lower branches and leaves brushed with their raking feathers across my pelt to leave pieces of debris. I shook myself free, wings slithered from their holding spot to give one half flap before closing once again.

There was the sound of shattering rock, the mountain groaned and gave in. A dappled lass was mastering her new powers up ahead, our Mason seemed to have a keen eye and touch when it came to matters of crafting. “Hail sister,” I breathed, not so loud to break her concentration, but also vocal enough that she wouldn’t be startled by my approach. Large chunks of boulder littered the ground, I called sand into action, forming a roving conveyer that slithered beneath said stones and carried them off around the far side of the mountain into a large pile. “Ye is already busy again?” There was the beginnings of a smile creeping along and soft humor filling my eyes.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Crack!

Well if it wasn't coming from her it sure as hell be coming from Cashmere. Either that or the entire cells and sensory deprivation rooms were collapsing in on themselves. If that was the case, Elsa was going to go cry in a corner and die because these things took so much time! And, on top of it, the cells got rather monotonous. And, on top of all that, the use for this was to keep people in. That's kind of gross. I mean, seriously, where will they poop? Where will the pee? Elsa would not be near this area when they captured their prisoner. The stench coming from those things... eww.

She followed the sound of the cracking, which led her to Midas and Cashmere. Cashmere had already done the "heavy lifting" so to speak, and now, in her wake was crushed rockies. Elsa nodded to both of them, and silently went about their work, until she couldn't just move rocks anymore.. she had to warn them. "Guys, seriously, think of the stench this place will have after someones been in here a while." She shivered at the thoughts, stepping away from the opening, and opting to just crush the rock with ice. Seriously, this was all she could think about at that point. "Guys it's so gross." She whined, prancing backwards like an indolent child. Sometimes, Elsa at one too many clovers before going to work. And this time... it was obviously showing. Elsa was a little... off her rocker today so to speak.

@[Cashmere]
"Talking"
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Adoptable
Cashmere
It isn't long before someone has joined me. I look up from my work, welcome to the interruption. Though I am enjoying making progress, the time has come for a breather. And this particular breather comes in the form of.. Midas. I smile at his approach - it seems the meeting had disappated enough that it was appropriate for him to leave. That he had come after me - intentionally or unintentionally - was not that surprising. We had come to a habit of finding each other, more often than not I'd say. He greets me quietly, making sure that he has not startled me. Wouldn't it be terrible to be startled and start throwing rock everywhere? That would be bad. He puts the sand into action, just as Rasta had with the first cell, and moves the loose rock away from the scene. He seems surprised that I am already working again, but what better use of my time than to assist my brethren? This is my place within the herd after all, and I intend to do it well. Midas and Seele want cells built, and I will build them. I smile simply and nod, not feeling the need to express anything else.

Soon another joins us, and I see my fellow Mason Elsa has arrived. Though normally she and I get along just fine, today something seems a little -- off. Something more childish than normal, and I wonder if she has somehow gotten access to herbs or drink from the two substance abusers in our herd. I stay quiet as she speaks and return to cracking and breaking down the rock, listening to her with one ear cocked in her direction. She whines and complains about the mess that will be left in these cells. I admit, it's not something that I'd thought of, but then, we leave messes everywhere. She starts breaking rock with ice, and unusual method, but effective enough. Very simply I answer her concerns, It will return to the earth, Elsa.

Walk. Talk.

What is BROKEN cannot always be REMADE
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Elsa arrived shortly after we began picking up the pace. I glanced her way and nodded, the faint lines of concentration and pondering fading into a slight smile before vanishing again to focus on my personal magic. The ground rocked as stone after stone fell from that cliff—it was slow progress, but progress all the same. Cashmere was a very progressive girl and I rather favored her work ethic. (If only my soldiers would be enthusiastic about their duties.)

Our fellow companion broached a topic that I’d given little consideration. Cashmere answered and I waited until she’d finished before adding, “Tiro ranked soldiers and a higher official will be posted; they can help our visitors relieve themselves outside the cell if necessary.” We all were required to respond when nature called; but this confinement wasn’t necessarily supposed to be anything more than a temporary answer. A captive creature couldn’t easily eat or drink from within these walls anyway, a recess was certainly more than a necessity.

With luck we wouldn’t be using these prisons often—they took bodies away from patrols, recruitment and sparing; a thing that couldn’t be afforded right now. We simply didn’t have the numbers to defend Hidden Falls and guard various troublemakers. “Turn mind to more pleasant thoughts.” I advised, tone soft but direct. There were things far worse than the smell of shit and piss—obviously the young crafter had never seen battle. Witnessed flesh melt from bone and almost tasted the rot of meat and blood boiling in the air as dragon fire came from heaven to smite the unfortunate creatures below.

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
So it seemed that Cashmere was a little... less concerned about the matter at hand, preferring that it would just return to the earth. Elsa was about to open her mouth and protest because technically most of the ground would be just stationary, and sure we poop everywhere but that would just sit there. Not to mention, if horses had to poop as much as Elsa did, they'd be able to use the pure stench to melt through the bars, and that would be quite the story to tell. However, Midas relieved her a little, offering a better solution. Elsa audibly sighed, thank goodness there would be no reeking stench. Granted, she should probably apologize a little for her outburst. "Sorry if I'm a little crazy about it... just the clover were soooo good today." She was no visibly frothing at the mouth a little, but skipped forward like a little baby.

The began nosing the rock, pushing it and rolling it to the pile. This normally monotonous task seemed a lot more... thrilling now. Elsa giggled and tried to pounce on a rock one to many time. "Guys... I'm totally gonna have a pet rock today." She laughed and found a small round pebble, flinging it onto her back. It took her a few moments to realize that once again, she was acting a fool. She turned back to Midas and Cashmere, smiling sheepishly. "Sooryyy." She said a little too sadly, and shook the rock on her back to the ground, and continued to move the stone.

After a while, it seemed most had been cleared. Elsa smiled, and nodded to group, and greeted them with a large yawn. "I think Elsa needs a nap now.." She smiled almost drunkenly before turning to head away, unless called back to finish something she probably missed.

@[Cashmere]
"Talking"
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Adoptable
Cashmere
Pawing at the loose rock that I've shaken from the cliff, I bury myself in the work that I've begun instead of engaging in conversation with my fellows. Elsa seems to be in some very strange mood today, or else I have misunderstood her before. Most likely a strange mood. She seems.. more.. girly and, dare I say it, ditzy. Of course I would never say this to one of my closest friends, how could I! But the thoughts are still there, swirling in my mind. Maybe she had some of the drunk's drink or the druggie's drug. What do I know? I keep my mouth shut and let Midas do the smooth talking. He has better answers than I do - mine are much more simplistic and laissez faire. Talk turns from the most unpleasant parts of containment, to my pleasure, though slowly. Something about clover, and Elsa eating a lot of it. It's a little more than I wanted to know. Just keep working. She aids us in our work, and I stop to glance over at my two winged friends working. The painted king and the the snowy white mare, tinged in gold and frost blue respectively. Beautiful specimens, unlike myself. I'm just awkward looking with my splotchy belly. I keep the sigh that wants to escape to myself.

Once most of the rock has been cleared, I realize that I am so exhausted I'm not sure I can even stand much longer. Elsa seems to be feeling about the same. She turns to leave and I call out gently after her, weariness audible in my voice. Thank you Elsa - be well! I turn my attention to Midas and softly smile at him. He has done amazing work helping us out, and no one ever said he had to - after all, he is the king, while we are the crafters. Thank you Midas, for your help. You will craft the bars? I listen for his reply as I slowly lower myself to the ground against the cliff, not having the will to make an effort to get to anywhere else. I am glad we are making the progress we are, but this is so exhausting. A weary smile. I listen for his words but I'm already resting my head, and soon... I've drifted off, too tuckered out to keep my eyes open a moment longer.

Walk. Talk.

What is BROKEN cannot always be REMADE
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Elsa was lacking in focus and attention, my gaze narrowed as she explained the circumstance of this outburst. Clover? Her antics caused by a plant? Nay, I’d never heard of such before – perhaps she’d do better to go visit a healer. A drop of drool that was quickly turning to white froth slipped from her jaws and onto the sand, I frowned deeply and gazed at her with cautious misgiving, “Elsa…” I said carefully, gently pulling the rock with sandy fingers from her grasp before she broke a bone stumbling across the bumpy landscape, “Ye should go find a medic,” tone was still soft but entirely firm, I’d drag her to the little healer by the tail if necessary.

She mumbled about bonding with a stone…I glanced over at Cashmere, curious of her reaction. The dappled mare appears to care little about the half crazed and harmless mare, or else she is so wound up in the magic of moving stone and bending rock that the entire event goes unnoticed. Perhaps this condition was normal for Elsa, a side of her that I didn’t previous recognize before.

Instead of arguing further I started working again, this time keeping keen watch over the pale mare as she stuttered from here to there in an effort to roll large squared out rocks, sand made her task relatively easy. It wasn’t long after, that Cashmere appeared drained enough to warrant a break. The cell was nearly complete by now, its walls hollowed out and smoothed by her magic. I walked over to peer inside, tasting the fresh granite dust that floated around.

I turned round, gazing behind my spine and feathers to see Elsa shuffling toward the undergrowth. Cashmere was asking me a question, “Aye,” I replied, honeyed gaze still on the disappearing form of Elsa’s alabaster frame. The dappled mason was leaning against a smooth cliff-face, slowly she slide to the ground. My gaze momentarily drew itself away from Elsa, “The cell is nearly complete,” distracted I offered a small smile and motioned toward the thicket, “I’ll return later in the day or perhaps tomorrow to finish the task,” tone quieted at the end, taking note that Cashmere had already begun to doze off. Her peaceful rise and fall of chest assured me that everything was well.

Limbs moved forward, aiming to follow Elsa and insure that she was alright.

OOC: Midas is following Elsa to make sure she is going to be ok.

MIDAS & FINA

STOCK CREDITS