the Rift

[OPEN] !! I Hear Voices [Seance]

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba

s e e l e

Tonight was to be the first full moon since the meeting. I had regained almost of all of my strength. All of the wounds had at least scared over. No emotion, no nothing. Just an overwhelming flood of screams and pleads from the souls that were hovering around me. It was time - it was time to see who wished to speak to those that they loved.

Oh, but wasn't love a funny thing?It was an emotion - something I couldn't actually feel because I can't feel. It's good though, I suppose, it means that I can't be twisted in ways others can. However, the fact that I can't feel doesn't mean I'm not good at pretending. No. I've learned how to appear normal.

Graceful legs pull me forward as I lazily trot to the west of where the prisons were slowly but surely being made. There was a gentle dip in the pond where it almost seemed to curve around my bodice and the lulling sound of the waterfalls was merely background noise. This would be the perfect place to hold this. And so, I waited as the sun fell low in the sky and moon began its trek towards the heavens.

Eerie colours spread across the ground, reflecting from the pool and onto my bodice. Tonight would be the night, my dears, that the family would get to hear the dead.

But did I call for them? No. I let the chilling of the souls (which really is only a figment of everyone's imaginations) call them forward. I stood there, stoic and imposing - listening carefully to the pleading souls. If the herd so desired to learn of those who had passed's knowledge then they would come on their own. They had been told in the herd meeting - it should be enough.

Would it, really, though?

normal
"Speechy"
Voices

---OOC comments
Only two souls will be heard this time. So, those who are chosen will be determined by a dice roll after 96 hours (4 days) from Thursday, June 12th at 6:45pm CST.
For my own mind that is Monday the 16th at 6:45pm CST for the rolling.

We gotta take a chance while we're still young, but it's gotta be tonight

image credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Reizend Posts: 47
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 hh :: 7 (ages in Orangemoon)
rooster
Reizend

The full moon hangs over the Falls, and I find myself entranced by its beauty. The falling water surrounds me, offering the sky's reflection and throwing cascading light in waves across my bodice. I close my eyes, drinking it in, ignoring the chill that permeates my very core; for there is something strange about this night, as achingly beautiful as it may be. There is something in the sky, in the air, in the water, in the light, in the darkness; there is something flickering in the shadows and toying with the edges of my mind. It is there, and I cannot ignore it; indeed, it seems determined to pull me from hiding, to steal my attentions from the blissful cloud of sleep. And so I walk, enamored with the feeling of being a part of something as yet unknown. The shadows reach for me, yearning to lean just a little further and wrap themselves around my limbs, drag me down into the darkness that I have spent so long trying to avoid.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad - the insanity, I mean. Maybe it would be a blessing. Maybe that is why my brethren have allowed it to overtake them, to breathe a new life into their diseased lungs and guide them through the darkness.

Would I miss the light?

I find her amidst a distant cascade of blue falls interspersed with gently swaying emerald leaves. The pond before her is a cacaphony of colours, strange and eerie and not quite real, true colours that can only be seen, not heard. She is stoic and imposing, and I find myself faltering as I slide silently into view, regretting my midnight walk while rejoicing in this moment alone with her. Perhaps my obsession with my half-sister is unhealthy; but I must make amends, however I can, even if it means withholding the truth from her. Even if it means that she can never call me sister. Even if it means I am a liar.

She would kill me if she knew.

"Seele," I say, and it is all the greeting I need. Something about this night, about this mare, commands me to silence, and so I bow my head respectfully to wait.

"Talk talk talk."

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
ELSA
I can fake a smile, I can force a laugh. I can hold the weight of worlds.

The seance was something unusual to her- but she had good reason to go.

Her mother had passed, and so had her father, both died unspeakably quick and violent. They weren't there for Elsa, and could not teach her. There were so many questions, so many unanswered problems.

Elsa shivered at the cool night air. A full moon hung eerily over the Falls, and she followed the scent of the female leader. Seele had always been a mystery to Elsa, she'd never known her, and for living under her law in the Asylum, it was quite an odd situation. I mean, Elsa knew Midas better and had only just met them.

But, she supposed now was a good of time as ever. She had noted during the meeting, fleetingly, that she would be doing this. If Elsa was lucky enough, she could contact her mother, and maybe, just maybe, find out what really happened to her. Why she was so messed up.

She approached, and only one other was there, an unfamiliar being also. Elsa looked to Seele, and stayed silent. Elsa whiffed nervously, but awaited what she had to say. God she hoped that her mother stepped forward, she hoped everything was okay. She hoped it wasn't her fault. However, she knew it probably was. It was always her fault, although she was hoping that it was only partly her fault. It just sent off a more tumultuous avalanche of questions, ones that kept spiraling into a larger disaster. So Elsa just inhaled, and exhaled quietly, concentrating on the night, and nothing else.

"Talketh."

I can dance and play the part if that's what you ask.. give you all I am.
but i'm only human. and I bleed when I fall down.

• Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Abba
I find it amusing that this mare believes many from the herd will want to hear the voices of the dead. It could be a gift, if she would use it without offering it. However, she decides it is best to offer it out in the open to the prying minds of the herd that lay around her.

At least she has decided to present herself in the most haunting of manners - looking unworldly pristine. She has understood my grooming requirements, and she has followed them to a T. Not a single hair is out of place as she awaits the arrival of these herd members - and it stays that way even when I might have given up on any of them appearing. And, when one finally dares to set their hoof in the area surrounded by the waters and the full moon it is Seele's name which stirs my attention. Quietly, with little fluctuation, it seems as though the sea-foam mare isn't even present for a moment. So, with a gentle prod I manage to pull the black and crimson hued mare out of her thoughts, out of the sounds of the dead cries, before the second creature pulled from the darkness of the night.

Of course, I can't really say that she was hidden in the night, as the moon seemed to reflect off of her white pelt with an intensity few had yet to actually see. And, when Seele's orbs meet the mare she takes in a short breath and allows it all to exhale slowly. "It seems the two souls that wished to speak pulled both of you by the ears…" harsh consonants, twisted grin, and ears standing at attention - she seemed menacing in the darkness. It was not my intent for such of that to happen, but I had also not said she needed to do this at night when it gains its most eeriest affect.

Be nice, explain what will happen… Liebling is whispering from her place behind me, as if she is afraid of what will happen to her should she rear her head with the sea-foamed beauty nearby. "I warn you now, the souls speak through me. My voice changes, and it may sound very familiar. It will be scary, but I do not allow the souls to move me. I can continue for as long as you wish - or as long as the soul wishes. And, all those present may speak to the soul - even if they do not know them. All knowledge can be helpful." Seele explains, before taking a step closer to them. "Now, which of you would like to go first. The souls are whining,"

Yea. I was whining. I was whining because she said we were. Though, I suppose she could be talking about the souls causing a ruckus outside of her safe, warm, cranium. Those were a pain, but I learned to deal with them like they were white noise. Besides, I was safe from being battered. The perks of being her mother, I suppose?

A bit more muse talking from Innerste's perspective. Please PM all the character information and what you want them to say.
-- Character name, relation, tone of voice, specifics on what they are going to say
-- freedom to change some words?, personality type (if given freedom)
-- anything else important ;3
If you're warm, then you can't relate to me
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Hidden Account
rooster
Reizend

I do not know what I expected, but a seance was not it.

My aud twitches at the odd voice emanating from the Necromancer; it is the only sign of my surprise and discomfort. Aside from the fact that any of the voices from my past may expose my secret to my half-sister, I would be something less than pleased with anyone gaining access to my suppressed memories. It's too late, though - I can hardly leave without arousing suspicion. Besides, a part of me is curious to see what souls will be pulled from my subconscious into the air around me. Seele's voice is eerie and off, somehow, though I could not explain how this was so; in addition, it is devoid of its normal, bloody colour. Instead, it has morphed and become... tainted. This is the only way I can describe it. Strands of silvery green intertwine with the orange-red hue, looking very much like the blood vessels that a tumor uses to leech from its host. It makes my skin crawl.

I dither for a moment, unsure how to proceed. The odd Seele-voice is asking who would like to go first, and I do not know how to respond. If I remain silent, will the ivory maiden's ghosts appear? Will Seele remember these meetings, these conversations? Is she aware, or has the voice taken over her mind in addition to her body? I think of Schwere's anger, of Liebling's fear, of Unheil's innocence - I imagine all of the things they could say to me, none of them pleasant - I consider Seele's reaction when she realizes that I have been lying to her (a lie of omission, but a lie all the same).

Perhaps it would be better to be done with it.

"I will go."

Forgive me, sister.

"Talk talk talk."

ELSA

Everything seemed a lot more eerie in the middle of the night, why exactly? Elsa did not know. Then creepy and eerie started to reach horror-movie level when Seele began to speak about how the souls spoke through her...

Uhm, what? So she's willingly letting souls talk through her? Elsa's eyes widened to dinner-plate size but she stood still and quite. She was too interested to leave, and too wishful to think she may hear from her parents to abandon ship.

The unknown being next to her spoke up first, wanting to bring the souls to them. Elsa nodded in agreement, she'd want to see if this other exploded before she agreed to this soul calling thing. Elsa stood quietly as Seele did her thing. Maybe it would work, and maybe, just maybe Elsa could be comforted for once in her life.

If someone decided to speak with her, who would it be? Had her sister died and wanted her to return home? Would it be her father who claimed to love her so dearly? Her mother who used to sing her to sleep? Who would love her enough to return? The questions weight bore heavily down upon her. If one or the other did not show, did that mean they did not love her? It was hard to think about, but even so, she wanted to know. Had Elsa been the problem the entire time? These questions just continually rolled around in her head like pinballs. It was just so rough.

"Talketh."

Abba
It seems the cat has caught the two mare's tongues. Both seem to just stand there completely confused. It is best, I have decided, that they do not know Seele will remember these conversations. After all, she could use this information to her advantage in the future. So, when one finally speaks up I allow myself to sink back into the deep recesses of her mind and for one of the souls to linger in - the one whispering Reizend's name upon his lips.

Seele bobs her head before her eyes seem to glass over. There is dead silence, and then a deep, booming voice falls from her lips. "Reizend," he says - but the voice is so familiar. Too familiar. I'm shifting in my place, no. NO! You lying cheating bastard!. "You have learned well from your mother, healing becoming a top priority. But you've yet to learn to fight. You don't defend yourself - and perhaps you should do that. Perhaps your half-sister will make you understand that you need to fight. Tell her. You are family - you both need some more than ever." His voice is hissing, and I'm sitting there wishing to claw his eyes out. How could he? How could he possibly do this to me? Seele is still half there, steeling herself against the desire of the soul to move, and she simply listens intently to the words that fall from his mouth. "Sie sind nichts als schwach. It's time you became kräftig"

Perhaps now wasn't the best time to be revealing the fact that the two mares were actual family. But, perhaps it could work in my favor. Maybe it would give her an outlet to feel. Maybe she'd finally open up to someone. Oh well. I still wanted to kill this lying bastard. He was pissing me off more and more each day.

Sie sind nichts als schwach -- You are nothing but weak.
kräftig - strong

^^ Reizend should understand fluent German so she should know what he says :P
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Hidden Account
rooster
Reizend

To my surprise, the ice girl does not speak out. I do not look at her, so I do not know what is on her face - is she afraid, like I am? Or is she anxious? Curious? Hopeful? What lies in her past that she finds herself so eager to delve into once more, to explore in hopes of finding something more, something that wasn't there the first time, something that will make her pain more bearable, something that will make her present more logical, something... anything...

And what am I hoping for, as I wait in a tense silence, searching my half-sister's blank visage with anxious eyes, looking for some clue in the lines of her face about who wants to contact me from the other side. I wonder if she is lucid - if she will remember this later.

I wonder if I want her to.

Whatever I expected, it wasn't to hear his voice, to see his colour. i am unprepared for the assault on my emotions, the bruises to my ego, as he mocks me and my work, my unwillingness to fight, my desire to heal - and despite the defiant anger that raises its ugly head in my mind, if I were to be truly honest, I would have to admit that it is only a mask, a facade to defend myself against the biting guilt, the knowledge that I will never be what he wanted me to be. Even in death, I disappoint him - and as much as I wish I didn't, I care. And it hurts.

Schwere, I think. Father.

I want to apologize, but some fierce pride, some remnant of my mother's teachings, gives me the strength to stand tall, to betray no emotion. No sooner have I thought of her than she appears, silent and light, a gentle, rosy hue that lends me support, as she always has. You do not need his approval, she seems to say, reaching out to me as though to brush my cheek with the soft skin of her muzzle. She cannot truly touch me, but I seem to feel her all the same.

His dark green mingles in my mind with her pink, and the wrongness of it all overwhelms me. "Ich bin nicht schwach," I tell him, my vocals cold and distant. "But my kraft was never enough for you, was it, Vater?" I feel the curling of my lip, the sneer that takes over my visage, but distantly, as though I am only watching myself.

I am not weak.

Am I?

"Talk talk talk."
[Ich bin nicht schwach. :: I am not weak.]
[kraft :: strength]

ELSA

Some creepy shit just started happening right off the bat.

Elsas eyes were about the size of her head as a mans voice seemed to possess Seeles body. She took a tentative step back, but listened intently. Of course, this was something quite different from the normal day. The voice seemed to be a little mean to the unknown mare. Then, everything seemed to head into a downward spiral. Languages were being thrown about and the other mare was replying. Elsa just looked between the two, almost as if expecting one of the two to elaborate. However, no elaborating came and Elsa just decided it was probably better to not question the words that were being spilled. It was a harsh language, and beside curiosity, she had no real desire to decipher it.

So there Elsa stood quiet, and now scared half to death. She wouldn't leave though, she wanted and needed to know what her past had to tell her. She didn't know who to expect, or what they would say. She just hoped it wasn't those she killed, she already felt so bad and didn't need more guilt added to her plate. Eyes nervously darted about, she was excited and scared all at once. Hopefully nothing bad, just nothing bad. That was all she wanted, was that too much to ask? Or was she in need of a good scare, was her karma unbalanced and it needed to come back and bite her in the butt? Ugh, all this was just so frustrating and new! Two things Elsa hated.

"Talketh."

Abba
I will admit, I was grumbling in my head. However, the mare's response to her father was better than I had expected. Good, chew him out! I cheer her on, but Seele only continues to drone on in his voice, body locked tightly in his grasp as a sickening scowl crosses over her face, and muscles trembling as if he wished to take over her frame - to beat this mare to a pulp for daring to speak out against him. But I give her credit, my daughter is stronger than she appears, and holds him at bay regardless of the pain that must be coursing through her frame at the moment.

He hisses, struggling more. "Train more - stop caring about emotions, and maybe then it'll be enough," he growls. But, you see, all he really wants is for his children not to make his mistake - his mistake of caring too much and letting it kill him. However, Seele has no desire to let him continue to fight with her, and with the help of our claws we drag him back down and cast out the stronger form of Scwhere's ghost, leaving his rotting frame quiet and in the deep recesses of Seele's mind for the moment.

She is weaker, now, however. Her yellow orbs snap up towards Reizend with a sickness in them as her limbs tremble to keep her standing. Liar! She curses at the voices in her head. How could you not tell me she was my own blood! She doesn't care, though - not really. She knows now, and this is what she finds important. She actually has a family…

Shaky breaths come in and out of her lungs as she spreads her feet out a little - mind grappling for the next soul to come forth. "Schwesterschiff," she whispers to Reizend - to let the mare know she had still been present during the whole conversation. Though, she betrayed nothing else as another soul clambered it's way in with my assistance.

Her voice changes, demeanor softening, and body standing with a bit more of an elegant grace and softness to her. Harsh consonants far gone from her voice she seems as though there is nothing which could cause a fright. "Elsa, my dearest daughter. How I've missed you," she starts off with, the muscles in Seele's neck straining as she fights the soul's urge to touch her daughter. "Everyone is fine. Do not worry about your sister, though you are an Aunt now to a little nephew by the name of Hemmingway, and your name is now infamous inside the kingdpm borders." She pauses, as if uncertain of how to word all of this - perhaps even knowing that the words she says next will 'cause Elsa some form of pain. "And, while we miss you… Elsa you are not meant to be in our kingdom. It is safer for you here. Please, just stay in Helovia - stay with this herd and do them good. None of this is your fault and we are so sorry that we could not help you when you needed it most. But, always remember that we care and are watching over you… Remember that we just want what is best for you."

Alexandra's eyes lock with her daughters, an intensiveness radiating within the generally emotionless eyes. However, the soul did not fight- she merely wished to see what Elsa's response was, and should she not have anymore things to answer then she would leave quietly. It was for the best after all. Making her become attached would only cause more pain to her beloved daughter.

Really hope I did Alexandra fine, Klare! Let me know if something needs to be changed to have it make more sense ;3

translations --
Schwesterschiff = sister
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Hidden Account
rooster
Reizend

I am stiff and rigid as I listen to his last words, and though I long to retaliate and offer some form of protest, anything to prove him wrong, I realize that our time has come to an end. Emotions make me stronger, you old fool. At least, that is was my mother told me. His dark green flares across my vision before fading, leaving me with a blessed feeling of momentary relief. Verletzt's rose-hued form stays with me, offering comfort in the silence.

"Schwesterschiff."

Fuck.

My gaze drifts slowly to meet Seele's, guilt and defiance warring within my mind. Of course, I probably should have told her by now - the accusation in her eyes tells me that - but how was I to know how she would react? I am sure that if she knew the truth... if she knew it all, my entire past and just how closely knit it is with hers... I am positive that she would kill me. What am I to say now? Am I to lie and invite more discord, more strife, or am I to tell the truth, and pray that she does not strike me down?

To hope for forgiveness from the Necromancer feels very much like hoping that the Sun won't rise.

I nod, acknowledging her words, before she falls under the spell of a new soul. The ice-girl's lost soul is much kinder than mine. I cannot read a colour, though, presumably because it comes from some celestial plane rather than our reality. I suppose Schwere's colour came because his image was already in my mind, but I do not pretend to understand the complexities of my affliction. In any case, I hope Elsa takes her leave before Seele has a chance to murder me. She doesn't need to see that.

"Talk talk talk."
[OOC | From this point forward, Reizend is standing in silence, waiting for she and Seele to be alone. Please consider this the end of my participation in this thread. :3]

@[Elsa]