Nayati Posts: 116
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: four years
Rathunax :: Common Red Dragon :: Shock Breath cailyn

I know your wavering heart, intimately</style>

“You have talents, Nayati – I’ve already seen them.”

“Oh but you are saints. To me you are. You saved us.”

“We’re both important to the herd.”

A soft sigh escaped the snowy lips of the young mare, long colorless lashes kissing her cheeks as brilliant, bloody red eyes shuttered to a close. Oh Alysanne... A growing weight landed upon her crest, and the young lass turned to gaze at the ruby dracon peering down at her. Concern welled up from within him, washing over their bond and into her consciousness. Smiling somewhat sadly, the fae looked away from her bonded's searching, soulful gaze. "She was wrong, Rath. I'm not...I'm not important." Soft, defeated words were met with a crooning sound from her bonded, denial sweeping over her only for her to ignore it. No, she was unimportant. Useless. There was nothing that she did for her herd, no value to her residing in the lands she loved. Alysanne, on the other side of the scale, was invaluable to the safety and ability of their herd. She healed, while all Nayati did was blend into the pale mists of the world around her.

Knowing he would not be listened to, that his princess thought too little of herself to believe what he said to contest such sorrowful thoughts. Instead, he turned and lifted into the skies, leaving her crest with a tiny prickle of claws against skin. Nayati watched him fly, smiling to herself. He was growing so big...soon, he would be able to speak to her, and she was excited for such a development. His personality was rather obvious to her, but it would solidify what she knew so intimately about him to hear him speak in her mind.

Together, the pair walked farther into the forest, flowers sprouting in a clear trail behind the spotted dame as she kept her eyes on the sky. There was nowhere for her to be, nothing for her to do. The warm metal of the twisted flower necklace Argetlam had crafted for her was a loving reminder of friendship, of a time when she'd been less lonely, and the baubles strung lovingly throughout her mane and tail were testament to the friendly fairies she'd so often visited after helping Destrier obtain his emerald dragon. Jealousy washed over her from Rathunax, and she laughed softly aloud, waving away his pettiness. I wouldn't want any dragon aside from you, she assured, smiling to herself when his pleasure spiked, practically mentally preening at her words.

Silly dragon. You're all I have. I love you.

He would never need words to let her know just how much he loved her, for she felt it nearly drowning her in his response.

the rose shadows said that they loved the sun, but they also loved the dark, 
where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies
Quilyan

He was a simple man, once upon a time, in a land far, far away. Of course, his was a simpler life - living at the beck and call of the court, with nothing to worry about other than the distant future in which his father would unwillingly leave the land to his rule. The prince did not think on his future very often, for it had all seemed so obvious, so solid, so tangible - he had never imagined that his father would fall sooner rather than later, that he would never have the chance to save his kingdom from the Anarchist threat. He had never dreamed of a world without his mother, his sisters, his brothers - had never wondered at the path that he had been given. And yet, in the span of a few heartbeats, he had watched it all burn to ashes, had watched the castle set to flame, had watched its inhabitants flee - all but the few souls he wished and hoped and yearned to see. The king and queen, he knew, had fallen - but he had not thought that the rebellion would claim the lives of children. His innocent siblings had been murdered that day, save Erigor and Nasreen; the former had disappeared soon after their arrival in Helovia, and the latter had only recently found him by chance. He was grateful for her, of course - but he could not help but regret the times he had lost with the rest of his family.

Today, the Specter wanders through the dense forest of the World's Edge, his home and his realm; though he does not claim a formal title, he has risen to leadership all the same. It is not, perhaps, accompanied by the fanfare and fawning crowds of the monarchy he would have had, but somehow he has found that this quiet role, so imperative to his family, suits him far better. He keeps to the shadows, and he acts as a protector, regardless of his ability or desire to fight. He deals in secrets, trades in information, and somehow that is enough. He is busy, of course, but that's for the best - it drives out the memories, the pain, the suffering; or at least those damages that Resplendence could not cure him of. The thought of the petite mare brings a smile to his face, though he has not been able to spend much time with her of late. He misses her, but at least he knows that she is safe within the borders of their herdland. And he has his locket - an invaluable asset in protecting his lady.

Despite the summer heat, it is cool beneath the mists of the World's Edge. Shade dapples his bi-colored pelt, leaving him a shimmering mix of gold and ivory. He keeps his wings folded tightly to his sides, a habit that he has gained from his time with Resplendence. He knows that she no longer fears him, but he cannot forget her terror when they first met. It was silly, of course - his wings were no more capable of beheading her than the petal of a rose - but she often fell prey to even the most irrational fears. And he, the gallant prince, had fallen under her spell and striven to cause her as little pain as possible. If holding his wings in an uncomfortable position made Resplendence breathe a bit easier, then holding his wings in an uncomfortable position, he would do. On occasion, he ruefully remembers the days when he did not have to work so hard for a female's affection; but he always laughs at his own arrogance and remembers fondly the first time his lady admitted her love.

A small figure catches his attention, snapping him out of his reverie. Zarina, startled from a nap that she had been enjoying while tangled in his mane, scurried to his poll, as though required to identify the interruption. You are ridiculous, he told her through the bond, barely managing to stop himself from rolling his eyes. She snorted softly, nonplussed. The pygmy marmoset had taken it upon herself to keep her bonded from even so much as looking at another female, determined to keep him from straying back to his old, womanizing ways. And you are a flirt, she responded with a sniff. The individual under scrutiny was young (far too young for the prince) and rather plain, though Zarina supposed that was his type. At least Resplendence was a relatively solid color. Quilyan ignored the monkey's monologue as he stepped from the shadows, vaguely identifying the mare as a member of their herd. A trail of flowers followed her, and a flash of red drew his attention briefly to a companion flying overhead. ...Valiance? he wondered, but didn't have time to properly identify the creature.

"Good morning," he greeted the mare with a cheerful grin. "I hope I'm not interrupting anything. I was merely on a morning stroll, and I happened to stumble into your company. I'm not sure we've met - I am Quilyan. Might I have the pleasure of knowing your name, my dear?"

"Talk talk talk."
lumibear
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
BUT YOU CAN LAY WITH ME SO IT DOESN'T HURT
It was a trail of flowers that pulled Resplendence from her daze. She hadn't been wanting to think, as of late. She hadn't been wanting to deal with the pain. She had just wanted to try and move forward in her life but it was proving to be rather difficult. Why so much was happening at once she couldn't figure out and so she just stopped trying to figure it out.

So, with a gentle flick of her cranium towards the sky, Valiance leaped off of her poll and took to the sky in one graceful motion. "Tell me who it is," Res whispers, and with a nod of his head and a surge of confidence through their bond he sped off following the trail of flowers before them. Resplendence picked up a trot, almost certain that the flowers on the ground were from Nayati - her Nayati - as they had been in the caves when they had found each other once more during the darkness. She wasn't going to let her go this time, she wouldn't let it happen. And, with that thought in her mind she sped up to a canter, awaiting a mental image from her darling bonded.

What was returned was a spotted one, hair falling and sliding across the ground, and her beloved Quilyan. Picking up her pace, she arrived quite a bit quicker than she would have done a few days earlier. But, it was both of those she loved the most in one place, she would not allow that opportunity to slip through her hooves. And, when she pulled up beside them, she went straight to Nayati first. The young one was now exactly Res's height and the memory of her twins at this age flashed through her cranium. They would have been her age...

She can feel the way her gut is twisting, in happiness and pain all at once, but it is the strength Valiance attempts to push to her through their bond that keeps her from beginning to sob. Should the young one allow her to, she attempts to wrap her neck around the young one's withers in her attempt at giving her a hug. "Nayati! I've missed you, my dearest! I've missed you so much." she whispers, her love and care lacing each note of her soprano chords. And then, she allows her gaze to shift to Quilyan. "Oh, Quil. I've missed you too..." Her happiness taking over and causing tears to get stuck in her throat.

"Are you both doing well? Are you living in the Edge now, Nayati?" she ended with, golden orbs darting back and forth between them as Valiance ruffled his feathers before perching upon Res's poll - eyeing Quilyan as he listened to Res speak.
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Outcast

Without the sharp eyes of Rathunax on her side, Nayati was vulnerable to old habits and fears. From behind a cheerful voice called a greeting, and the scarred child nearly jumped from her skin, shying away only for knees to lock in terror at the sudden appearance of the male. It was too much of a shock, and her mind was a jumbled mess of panic, attracting the attention of her bonded. A draconic cry echoed over the trees as the crimson serpent descended rapidly from the sky, circling Nayati protectively only to land upon her withers, growling deep in his young little body. Fire and brimstone eyes were narrowed upon Quilyan and Zarina, only for Nayati to choke out a command to stop him. The dragon paused, stifling his growls, but obeyed with an angry tinge to his emotions. Not uncommon, with how grumpy the little dracon could be. Finally able to concentrate on Quilyan's words, the spotted dame shuddered and unlocked her knees with a valiant effort, turning to face him hesitantly. Ruby eyes flickered from pale eyes to snout, not having the bravery to maintain consistent eye contact. Alone, with Rathunax her only company, she could relax and be braver. But when confronted...she was drawn back into her old habits. They were shameful, and she despised her own weakness, but she could do nothing to break it.

Fear was far too effective a teacher. The wicked scar on her side was testament to that.

"G-Good morning," she murmured meekly, giving a tentative smile. Grasping for the strength to remain in his presence, already ashamed and embarrassed by her reaction to being caught off-guard, she hears Resplendence's soft words echoing in her mind as they often did when she was scared. Reassuring her, wrapping her in a blanket of love and understanding, protecting her from the world of horrors outside her mind. Resplendence was the only one she had left, and every word the mare had spoken to her had been committed to memory, to help her through dark nights and panic attacks. "It is you, my sweetest, that matters. It is you that can create beauty so easily. And these wounds are what make you perfect, my herbs will do little more than make you a bit stronger for the wear - it is your love that pulls you through." Taking a deep breath she briefly closed her eyes, drifting into the warmth of the ghost of Resplendence at her side, conjured to help keep her strong, to give her meaning for the blur of days that passed in her lonely life. The words the tender dame Nayati considered a mother had spoken when they'd first met, the ones that allowed her to sleep on nights when her fears threatened to keep her awake another night. "I'm not going anywhere."

"My apologies, sir Quilyan. I was not paying attention, you startled me." Her words were soft but sweet, sincere in every way as pale lashes parted to reveal her deep crimson jewels once more. Finding her strength, she smiled a little more and flicked her ears, trying to remember her times with groups of others, working to save companions dropped to earth by the Gods. Her words had been soft and sure, then. She drew on that experience, and stepped a little closer from where she'd leapt away upon his arrival. Softly laughing away his apology for intruding.

"Truly, we were just enjoying a stroll ourselves. My name is Nayati," she offered, smile turning shy at the revelation that someone wanted to know her name at all. Rathunax purred happily from her withers, alerting her this time to the approaching body that was preceded by a similarly colored dragon in the air. Surprise made blood eyes widen, shock coloring every feature as Resplendence came running towards her. Moving in turn towards the femme she considered a mother, the two collided in a gentle embrace unfitting the description. Rathunax leapt from her withers at the last moment, allowing Resplendence the room to gather Nayati to her canvas, the spotted youth returning the embrace eagerly. It seemed she didn't need the memory of Resplendence's words, the fates had gifted her with the woman herself.

"I...yes, I am," she choked softly, still shocked to see one of the few people she still had left in her life. Words left her, rendering her mute and smiling uncontrollably, shy and reserved as her version of excited smiling could be. Happy tears glittered in ruby eyes, overwhelmed to have Resplendence returned to her.

where their roots grew through the lightless mystery of the earth. the roses said: you do not have to choose. 

Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Quilyan

When the young mare startles so violently, the prince quickly takes several steps back, having experienced similar episodes with his beloved. In his experience, upon first meeting her, it had always helped if he allowed her ample space to become accustomed to his presence. He was quite large in comparison to both Resplendence and this mare, and he has become very aware of how imposing that can be. He is not particularly muscular, being built more for speed than strength, but it is amazing how a superior height can be so incredibly off-setting.

The crimson blur that falls from the sky in a bit of a surprise, but he merely twitches an ear. Thankfully, he has spent enough time around Resplendence and her dragon to have become accustomed to the sudden appearances. Still, he has to raise an eyebrow at the gall of the creature, for although he could easily crush it, it insists upon berating him for surprising the mare. Zarina, hackles raised, rushes to his poll to chitter angrily at the dragon. Hush, he commands silently; she transmits several (quite eloquent) curse words to him before doing so.

"I am terribly sorry for startling you, m'lady," he says earnestly. "And even more so for my companion's terrible manners." She harrumphs with a great deal of scorn, ignoring his exasperated thought-commands. "It is, however, a great pleasure to meet you, Nayati." The moment is interrupted by a new arrival, one that brought a gentle adoration to the steed's violet gaze. It is none other than his mate, preceded by her own red dragon.

"My lady," he greets her warmly when she turns her attention to him. "Even a moment is too long to be parted from you, princess. Nonetheless, I have been quite well. I hope you are doing well?" He tries to keep his voice pleasant, masking the worry that twined through his words. It has not been very long since her breakdown, and though the key on his chest has not so much as warmed, he cannot help his concern. "I have only just stumbled upon Nayati, and I was about to ask her to accompany me on a walk. Would you care to join us, my love?"

"Talk talk talk."

[OOC | Awwwww look at Quil being all lovey-dovey. xD]
lumibear
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
a silhouette and nothing more is all that's left behind

The way she ran forward, embraced the mare who was so alike. It was as if it were a movie. Sweet embrace and gentle brushes ghosted across the younger one's skin from Res's maw. Calming touches to the mare who was always so frightened from one who had only really found the strength to do so as a mother for her short period of time.

Choked words meant that Nayati was now living in the Edge and the joy only continued to blossom in Resplendence's chest. For how someone so young, so meek, could mean so much to this mare who was exactly the same was inexplicable. No words could be put towards the way her heat almost seemed to soar. And, with the sight of tears lingering upon the girl's eyes Res gently allowed her own maw to ghost across her cheek as she murmured, "You're safe now. You have a family." Gentle thoughts yet powerful at the same time. For, now she not only had Resplendence behind her - but she had that of the whole herd.

However, she returns her attention to Quilyan as he begins to speak - calling her 'my lady' in his sweet tongue that radiated nothing but warmth. He hopes that she is doing well and she actually manages to smile. "Words cannot explain how well I am upon seeing both of those I love here before my eyes," They were all of her true family that was left. Her adoptive daughter, her mate. It was perfect. And, as he asked if she would wish to join them on a walk all she could was nod her head - the smile widening into the first real one she had given since she was probably about two years of age. "It would be my honour, my knight - if the darling Nayati would allow me to accompany you two, that is," she says, before looking down to the mare who could bring so much beauty into a world of pain.

And, so she buried her maw in the girl's mane, taking in her scent and feeling the way the flowers pressed up against her flesh. How she had missed this young one. How happy she was she was here. And yet, how her heart wrenched at the thought of her deceased twins who would have been her age right now. How her heart wrenched because she so dearly wanted that family of her own….

OMG. Someone made Res actually legit smile. Someone's accomplished a miracle :P
@[Nayati]

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Outcast

Distance cannot calm her startled demeanor, and in horror she realizes that it might be too late, that her panic attack might set in before she can get a grip on her stability. Were it not for her mother's words echoing in her head, she likely would have dissolved into it, and the tiny amount of pride she felt at rescuing herself from that precipice was nearly tangible for a mare that believed so little in herself. Rathunax was meanwhile content with glaring fire and brimstone at the mongrel on Quilyan's form, sparks flickering in his open maw at her chittering. Nayati swallowed her fear and bumped her maw into his chest, causing him to growl softly and clamp his jaws closed, leaping from her skin to circle them high above instead. Her smile is weak and understanding as she shyly looks up at Quilyan. "I should apologize for the manners of my own as well. He is very protective." It's a strong front, not quite fake but definitely a barrier to keep herself from the weakness she didn't want to admit to housing inside herself. She was shameful as it was.

Smile strengthens in small increments at his words. "The pleasure is mine," she assured in her lilting, euphonic voice. As if encouraged by her lifting, hopeful mood, her flowers bloomed around the pair in growing mass and breadth. They are interrupted by the sudden appearance of her mother, and Nayati hides in her skin and lets herself begin to tremble. There is no need to put up a front for Quilyan when her mother is there to shield her both visually and physically. Murmured words help calm her growing, rapid breathing as soft lips brush away the ghost of tears that threaten to reappear. "Just you," she amended with a pathetic whimper of a vocalization, for to the herd she was but a ghost. Her flowers held more presence in their lives than she did.

Her mother's smile is beautiful to behold, and Nayati casts a tremulous one of her own. The prospect of the walk, alone with Quilyan, had nearly been too much to bear. But with her mother at her side? It was far better an idea. Soft muzzle pressed into her nape, and she turned to hide her face into the canvas of Resplendence's chest, the chain of her necklace new but not too much of a bother against her cheek. "Of course, mother," she assured, eyes lifting to Quilyan tentatively before expression shuttered and they dropped to the earth once more. Separating was nearly a divine task, with how reluctant she was to part from the only soul she trusted and loved unconditionally.

Rathunax huffed, and she amended herself to please and include him. But as she took a deep breath and stilled the knocking and trembling of scarred knees, she managed a hesitant smile. "Maybe you can show me around? I haven't gone far past the borders in my time here," she proffered nervously, fearing to insult or pressure the stallion in their midst with her suggestion. Anything to ease the anxiety from her shoulders, for though her words were serene it was all but an act. Of course she had grown, as evident with her experiences with Vadim and Alysanne, but it was not a perfect system and it faltered with every new unseen shake to her foundations. The one advantage she had that Resplendence did not was her ability to seem undamaged, unshakeable. It wasn't something she considered an advantage, personally, however.

Quilyan

It surprises him at first, how alike the two mares are - both so meek and mild, and yet if he were to guess, he would presume to find the same inner strength in Nayati that he has always seen in Resplendence. his beloved is fearful, yes, but she is also determined - determined to rise above, determined to contribute, determined to protect the ones she loves. It is one of the things he finds most appealing about her, for her resolution is a quality that he imagines his Queen would have possessed in Th'orqui. But as the younger of the pair calms, the prince decides that it is not so surprising after all that Resplendence would choose to love one so like herself. He imagines that it will be good for her, to have a young friend looking up to her, following her advice, replicating her actions. It will be one more reason to be strong, to show her unyielding devotion to the things she holds dear.

Nayati will be good for her. Zarina chirps softly in agreement.

And then the filly calls Resplendence 'mother.'

A cacophony of emotions assault the stallion: first, disbelief and jealousy, for Resplendence is his and any child of hers would be theirs, and since Nayati is not his or theirs, then whose was she? But this passes quickly as he realizes belatedly that theirs is an adoptive relationship, for the youngling needs a mother and his darling needs a child - a thought that leads him to his next emotion: desire. Isn't this what he wants with her: their own little family, to shape and build and grow with? And shouldn't she want to bear his children, for however much he may or may not like Nayati (and, thus far, her similarity to his mate has bought her a great deal of his affection), he cannot help but want a child of their own.

He hadn't thought she was ready for that. Had he been wrong?

All this plays behind a smile in but a moment, and he prides himself on keeping his myriad thoughts to himself. Nayati lifts her gaze to his almost beseechingly - is she asking his approval? Hoping for his affection? Or is she merely too terrified to say no, leave us, let Mother and I be in peace? And when her gaze falls from his, his violet eyes land on Resplendence, silently wanting, pleading, asking if this was their beginning. "It would be my pleasure to escort you, Nayati. Where would you like to go?" He grinned at her invitingly, hoping to draw her from her shell. "There is a lovely spring not far from here. It's quite nice to play in the water at this time of year."

"Talk talk talk."

[OOC | Awwwww look at Quil being all lovey-dovey. xD]
lumibear