the Rift

[PRIVATE] Raw

Hector Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 18.3hh :: 7 Years HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Veci :: Plain Boggart :: Suffocate Dream
No Time for Lies and Empty Fights

100%

Parading masculine grace and smooth rhythmic movements spurred by the company of the prized mare alone, Hector led the way briskly into the east. His large skull bounced square atop the swing of his well-proportioned, sinewy neck; silken copper tresses swished heartily across both, the forelock veil sweeping backwards and forwards across shrewd eyes. He watched carefully the world through which they passed, keen to avoid confrontation, yes (although an opportunity to flaunt his prowess would not be shunned); but more so determined to keep Morana to himself, to evade the company of most everyone else if they lurked in waiting. Veci remained none too pleased, trailing the pair like a sullen child- respectful, but resentful. He would have liked nothing more than a chance to pull from her mind a fear, anything to send her careering away through the lush scrub surrounding. He didn't like her; something was amiss.

They’d passed first by the southern Helovian cliffs, frothing angry ocean lashing beneath as he had guided her safely (deliberately), across the precarious terrain. Fire-look flecked wings were flung apart in a display of confidence, proficiency and fine majesty, and before long they were slipping away through the wild coastal winds and towards the rushing river rapids in the lower part of Thistle Meadow- also an opportunity to impress. The relentless snows across the steppe up north melted constantly through Tallsun, and the water course was flowing strong towards the sea; a churning, surging body that would undoubtedly tug hungrily at her meek, feminine frame. He approached without hesitation, sound hooves crunching, grinding the withered, sun-baked grass beneath, and turned to flash a smile her way, thoughtful, haughty...

Hector arranged himself beside her, finding for himself a worthy reason to touch the loveliness and mysterious womanliness that she embodied. Morana felt warm, alive, and his skin crawled reactively as they came together. The engrossed stallion pressed the naked bulge of his barrel against her, wings lifted to balance throughout the swim, and steered her into the soup. He was downstream, pedalling hard, determinedly, to maintain a straight course through; keeping safe her much smaller mass, so that it did not slip away into the ravenous froth nearer to the seaboard. Though it was strenuous work (even for one so fit, so large and so charged), his stoic, mannish soldier’s expression was unyielding. They made it across in good time, and he emerged appropriately after her, shaking the excess water from his coat in a shimmering cloud of moisture- afterwards he allowed her a quiet moment to rest.

As midnight washed deep blackness upon them (streamer clouds, invisible to his day-loving eye, drifting over the moons pale face), Hector turned to lead her on- the final leg of the journey, lazily northwest. He saw mainly the ivory of her coat; the darker accents were lost so that when she moved, she appeared unnervingly to drift in and out of their dimension. A good while afterwards, his steady stride breeched the first sands of the beach, their slippery surface a vague comfort like home. Finally he spoke, daring to press his lips near to her shoulder. "Endless Blue." His tone was deep and exclusively sultry and while he lingered so close to her, thirsty nostrils guzzled her tantalising aroma.

[ooc: minor power-play, let me know if you would prefer it gone]

@[Morana]

• Dragon's Throat Rank Experience: Fortify | Level 3
• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Morana Posts: 37
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Candy
The witching hour of midnight had begun to wash over the skies; lady moon proudly holding a bright tilted smile as she gazed upon the land below. One would wonder what she was so happy about; beaming an almost taunting grin of satisfaction. Perhaps it was her blanket of night, her glittering dress of stars that plagued the night sky in shimmering silk. The mythical goddess, if even real at all, had pained herself in a sultry dress for this evening of emending romance as the duo made their way upon the world, concurring the desert and the shores that divided it from the meadows afar. I couldn’t help but shove aside the guilt in my mind; that perhaps I had made a mistake- such a poor choice to abandon the one who had given me pardon, had forgiven me for a crime, a theft of hearts. I was sure now, my eyes pleaded for company, his touch; skin on skin, rushing between the waters kiss as we neared the other side of the Throat. He was pure power, the handsome flame bringer, if only he knew how much I desired to be such as he. To wield a weapon, to soar among the fluffed heavens; but no, here I was glued to the earth’s surface like a pawn in a game of chess. I could only hop one way, or slide to the next- but I was still a threat to your queen.

Continuing through the waters pull, rustic fibers ripple and drift upon the waters foamy surface, pulling and tugging with the current as it lashed against the side of my physique, pressing me against his side, just under his wing was we propelled through its wake of dauntless waves. He didn’t have to stay at my side to guide us through the darkness of the sea, but he chose to abandon his gift of flight and burden himself to ensure our safety in the darkness. Upon reaching the shoreline, our bodies lunged from the water; my coat drenched and appeared as a seal, smooth; slick. Treads dangled heavily, messy upon my shoulders, pasted to my curved nape as the wind delicately brushed them free, allowing them to slowly drip dry as I turned my curious gaze upon the flame-toned warrior, returning the snickering smile as my lips pulled into a grin. My heart was racing, as I had failed to notice it before, its pounding in my chest as I took deep breaths to soak up the oxygen, his aroma and the salty scent of the sea that coated my lower body. Our rest was short- but enough to get our head in the game and as the flame kissed stallion turned away and headed east, I didn’t hesitate to follow in stride, happily taking place at his side now that the space was vast and welcoming; I allowed the soft brush of velvet lips to touch upon his uplifted wings; so valiant and impressive, I was a giddy as a school girl, lost in the moment of envy.

Our journey had been silent, only our heavy breaths against the night air, heaving in lust and power; it was the grace of footfalls, the sound of the wind brushing against long moist threads that trailed behind, or bounced upon our elegant necks- it was ideal, wonderful, nature had taken hold of our minds as it seemed almost natural to dance side by side; rhythmic time with the pounding of our hooves against the changing terrain, nostrils rumbling with vibrations, chest bouncing with each breath mixed with the faint jingle of my blood-tear pendant as it bounced upon my breast. It was when the sound of the oceans heart-beat, the waves kissing the sands with a soft calming hiss, that our tune changed. Hooves touched upon the giving earth, the sloshing sound of our sinking weight tarnished by the oceans gentle breeze. I had returned finally; to this ocean of blue, the Endless Blue he soon mentioned. My lobe sliding back to face him, soaking up his wonderful voice- the hot breath from his lips made my skin crawl with anticipation as I continued upon the sands, walking to the ocean’s edge and letting the water kiss my cream hooves, washing away the dust and mud, the specks of the earth that blemished them before allowing my bleached limbs to carry me forth into the waves as they gently lapped against me. Indeed, the waters were much warmer than the last time I had stepped within them.

Alabaster flanks alight with the moons glow, beamed a soft tinge of blue. The night was perfect, almost too perfect, as the winds gently brushed their salty comb through my rustic marble fibers as they mingle and dance upon my shoulders, still damp from our last swimming escapade. Daggers of cream, slosh into the depths of the ocean, velvet muzzle extending to the surface in a gentle touch of satisfaction. There was something about the ocean, as she continued to enter the depths, the liquid rippling just past her ivory knees, it was vast- never ending, so big and wonderful;, it couldn’t be tamed. Grinning at the thought, nape arched with a delicate conjure of motion, pedals flicking forth as hungry majestic pools sought those of the warrior; ivory tipped pendulum elevated in almost an Arabic fashion as the wind alters its shape; washing over bleached haunches. Cool blue orbs glinting with the waters reflection, as it danced upon the underside of my bodice. "It’s warm." I breathed, calmly before turning away and glancing out upon the glistening waters.

Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
@[Hector]
Ooc: No worries. And sorry for the rambling :l muse burst
Morana
Image Credit

100%

Lingering on by the last of the straggly, gnarled trees lining the beach (becoming the forest through which they’d just travelled), Hector watched his interest fondly. His eyes were unblinking, absorbing the shimmering mystery of her two-toned body as it bathed unabashedly beneath the returning glow of the pale moon. She was exquisite, a tormenting enigma; so quietly perfect. His rust-red eyes held her jealously, protectively, as she slipped into the shade of her night, their night. Balanced ears found the sliding scuff of her hooves through the pale sand, and concentrated on that while the steady roar of the ocean grew around it. He found not the same interest here as she seemed to. Morana he thought industriously, was drawn to the sea, compelled, and Hector really didn’t fancy another swim without reason to better her opinion of him.

Large horned skull lowered to the sand, dark hooves shifting until he’d found the place she had been. He snorted briskly, dusty flurrying into an invisible plume before his unusual face; so strong was the scent of the seductress, so musky, that he was pulled forward to join her where the mild, lapping waves washed around his tired fetlocks. The water was cool but not cold, and the brackish quality began to soak at once against his skin, to soothe wiry tendons and soften stiff joints. So too was the dust of the desert cleansed from his legs as he merged further, aiming for the side of the mare as she crooned (so delicately) about warmth. Hector shook his head slightly, golden-red locks flapping heavily as the sea-mist collected throughout, "...there is ocean back home (perhaps a little more unruly, he thought), you know." Lashing waves, salt, the beach looked the same everywhere, but the oblivious stallion smiled for the sake of her apparent pleasure.

Letting his eyes spill forward then to join her gaze as it wandered across the sparkling black distance, he drew a deep breath. Wings perched high above, well clear of the wet, and long leonine tail floated like limp weed across the surface behind. "Why here?... Why now?" the soldier asked suddenly, turning one ear alone to investigate her response. It was a long way to come after all, for just a quiet dip. Veci rested quietly upon his bonded’s high back, untroubled by the presence of the water, but equally uninspired as it lapped against copper flanks below; and certainly not enthused by the company they were sharing.

• Permission given for moderate power play, magical influence and damage at all times

Hidden Account
Candy
Rhythmic waves lapped gently between alabaster pillars, weaving and swirling as the push and pull of the salty liquid gently rose and fell. Flaxen fibers twisting and flowing within the waters grasp with ease, floating lazily behind. Soothing, it was quiet and calm, stray clouds hovering in the sky above passing transparently before the crescent moon. Autumn lobes slicked to the side to listen to the warrior as he followed into the oceans caress; his words a tad unexpected as reflective crystals shifted to gaze back upon him, though her visage only moved slightly, ivory lips edging slightly towards her chest. Home. It was nearly ironic that he had said such a thing; Note had suggested the same, even pointing out the oasis that sprouted like a desert flower in the middle of the throat. Unsure of what to say, she remained silent for a moment, her lips offering a gentle smile before pools turned and refocused upon the oceans waves.

How does one suggest the power of this place; the want and desire to be close to the ocean? Perhaps it was the unicorn in her blood, or the Pegasus that drives her desires to explore new worlds. She didn’t plan on coming here tonight, she had just come to say goodbye, to move on from the grasp of the throat. Hector, by far was the only reason she remained- no one else knew who she was, other than the painted mare that had her ass ripped by the blue-bird at the herd meeting. Why here; the voice pulled her mind back to reality, gaze falling down to her cream hooves, watching the grains of sand fluttering over their marbled tops. Why now; autumn cupped lobes faced forth, as she watched their reflections dance upon the surface, the glittering rays of light reflecting from the liquid painted her face in a series of dances. What was his concern, why had he come? There is no telling where she would have ended up if he wouldn’t have stumbled upon her. But now here they stood, knee deep in the oceans embrace- alone.

"It is hard to remain in a kingdom filled with those who question your presence." soft vocals, surprising to herself as she lifted crystal pools back upon the horizon. Did she open up, did she tell him about her history- her code? Could she trust him not to sell her out to those wanting her dead, or captive? Her mind a mess, she turned to gaze upon the red stallion, admiring the way the light only seemed to perfect his physique. "It is here, I feel closest to home." She spoke once more, but the home she was talking about was not of the Dragons Throat- but of her birth land, a land of hybrids and royalty, of magic and lawful residents. A gentle smile tugged upon plush ivory lips as they extended to his neck in contentment. "Thank you, Hector- for accompanying me." She whispered, letting her voice fade away with the lullaby of the ocean. Gentle huffs of warm breath exhaled next to his neck, a gentle brush of her muzzle against its base, as she turned almost sorrowful; retreating from the waters clutch.

Emotions flooded her mind, her body tingling cooling as the wind brushed across her sleek skin. Soft warm sands shifted and molded to her steps, as flaxen-rust pendulum flicked and cracked against the summer air. Limbs where weary, though she was not tired, she considered lying upon the warm sands; but that would make her vulnerable. A gentle sigh escaped, as she gazed down the lengthy beach before flashing a curious glance to the flame-kissed, wondering what was running through his mind..

Mother's Voice.
Response to mother.
@[Hector]
--
Morana
Image Credit

100%

Vivid sun-fire eyes trailed the swivel of copper, cupped ears, both drawn suddenly by the confession of the mare, so delicate and he felt, almost sad. It tugged a chord in his heart, and he gulped hard as pity bubbled into his throat. Obviously he’d not expected such a response, so open and trusting, and as his gaze danced bemusedly across the nearest of her cool-hued eyes Hector asked, "The Throat?"

Obviously... his companion mocked sullenly.

He knew the answer anyway before he’d asked, and also that it was true; he felt cruel for pressing her, and as she glanced his way the stallion looked helplessly, quickly, away.

Fool. Veci rolled in place against the gentle lagging breeze above the waves.

She went on to explain that the ocean gave her comfort, felt closest to home, (here, this ocean), and while he couldn’t understand at all what she meant, Hector nodded thoughtfully. He felt not the need to lie to her and said nothing, accepting her answer gently and graciously with a pensive, soft snort. As he gazed across dismal black, the moon’s slight reflection catching his eye and keeping it, Morana moved her lips to touch him. A shiver branched from the spot, warming his hide, his core, his heart, and the beat of it began again to quicken.

She was an enigma... far too complex for the likes of him to dissect, to comprehend, but still she reeled in his captivation, and he began to flounder at the end of her line.

"You don’t need to thank me..." He assured, trying in vain to match the soft melody of her voice as it melded into the whisper of the waves surrounding; to charm her even half as much as she did him. "...my duty is to protect the Throat’s citizens." He’d not meant to generalize so harshly, perhaps to kill the emotion ripe through her heart in that very moment. Hector had never intended to let her wander away alone; it had taken so long to track Morana down after all, that he’d not for one second been willing to let her slip again from his sight.

But what now? Veci teased, the wicked Boggart’s impatience flooding both their minds, souring the stallion’s mood, even if he fought to keep his expression clean.

She turned, and Hector followed swiftly, drawing his gaze promptly from the luxurious curve of her rump as it rocked there before him, and casting it down to the sodden sand where he stepped out behind. He thought suddenly, likening the substrate crudely to the dehydrated form back home, of his shift; of his squadron-leader, realising with flaring guilt that his absence would not probably be well received. See what happens? he snorted harshly, waterlogged tendrils whipping behind as he thrust his leonine tail, irritated, scolding the Boggart's impertinence .

Hidden Account
Candy

It was a sudden regret, an emotion she didn’t feel often. Tugging upon the veins of her caged heart, it was a lonely world in the Throat- not many like her with a naked form of no weaponry. She longed for a special attribute, to become what her mother was, in all her hybrid beauty. Instead, she was born like this curved Arabic and mustang heritage born pure un-barred by the burden of wings or horns; what would normally be resented was embraced as a gift- but she didn’t see it as such. It was a curse to be different.

Gently, she turned to gaze upon her possibly puzzled companion of the night; thankful yet guilty for his gift of company she offered a rare, gentle grin as he spoke. Indeed it was his job as a protector, a skilled warrior to defend those of his herd. It was respectful, and noted to his concern.

"Indeed, it is." Words were soft, as she turned to gaze upon all his glory, her alabaster legs glittering under the shimmering rays of moon light dancing between the thin narrow clouds. Perhaps, the only reason the fire steed had followed her was not out of curiosity, but duty. She snorted, gently doing her best to dismiss the thought, swallowing her blunt motions and giving a graceful nod in recognition.

She was just as captivated, if not confused to why he was here. Why of all nights did he have to show up, and stop her attempt to escape the clutch of those who despised her frothy attempt to keep Hector to herself? She did not know, but wanted too- she wanted to spill out her heart to this stallion of mystery, that she hardly knew; perhaps it was because she had no one- no- it was because she had no one. Nothing but the notions of her mother’s voice; who seemed to be absent this evening, lingered on her mind- as she gazed over Hector; studying his body, his embrace in the world.

"I’m sorry, I’m not used to kind, company.” She said softly, awkwardly, eyes beaming with satisfaction and a misunderstood shyness to stand so close to one such as him. As if he was a god himself, she took pride in his company, in his protection. "Do you ever wonder, why I tried to steal you away Hector?” Words spoke laced with toxic curiosity, blue eyes flickering to meet his own depths; she had no idea what she had done would be so resented, but it was all in good fun before she had even considered dancing in the desert.

She walked up to him slowly, a playful spark alight in her eyes as her muzzle extended to his own rustic lips, a whisper fluttering off her tongue. "Fun.” Sultry, the little seductress smiled, knowing it was more than fun- after all it was he who stole her the day they met; right?
@[Hector]

There are no secrets in life.
Just truths that lie beneath the surface.

100%

A cool breeze tousled the dulled silken threads lining the last length of his long, bony tail and Hector ceased his stride to glance back across his shoulder. The water-body was so alien to him; so unlike everything he’d come to both love and appreciate, and suddenly he had a niggling urge to learn why it entranced her so. He wanted to know why darkness was her chosen coat, why she basked beneath the moon and not the sun. Twitching lips lowered to dip beneath a sprawling wave, parting to taste its quality before it drowned in the bubbling sand of the beach. There was nothing pleasant about it, nothing particularly attractive about any such seawater all around Helovia... The stallion’s velvety red nose pinched, tongue licking away the residual brackish taste, and the sound of her soft tone drew his skull back around.

Her pretty bay mask hid little of the shyness breaking through her delicate, reserved expression. He found it alluring; sleek black forelock slipping like a veil across her luminous blue eyes, neck arced just enough to compliment the already demure poise of her small (because she was next to him), shapely body. Hector stepped towards her with his neck extending, pursed lips reaching to try to brush the hair from her face. “Every moment...” he answered caringly, flouting all boundaries that had lingered for too long. Hot breath inched nearer to her ears, eager to touch, to stroke and caress each supple cup. He was intoxicated, driven by both instinct and overwhelming fascination to pursue her; the sultry taste of her voice only feeding his expanding desire.

In that moment he wanted her to tease him; to feed his longing only enough, to lead him on- that lustful dance.

Her eyes sought his, and fiery depths roamed helplessly forward, delirious; panting nostrils falling from her poll, the thick unruly mane woven stylishly around her ears. Morana stepped closer; fleshy hind swinging to the rhythm of her commanding stride, covering the distance his neck alone could breach, and blinking, Hector found a playfulness looming in the depths of her haunting pools. “Fun?” he repeated vaguely, not disinterested, but completely drunk as her enchanting aroma drowned his sense. Toy with me... his mind hummed disjointedly, and Veci probed unsuccessfully there, trying vainly to pull his bonded free.

[ooc: again, I hope you don’t mind I power-played her appearance slightly :3]