[OPEN] Murderess [Post-Challenge Healing]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Kahlua
May flowers always line your path
and sunshine light your day

Her head ached and pulsed with all the gentleness of stampeding elephants. She had deserved every pain that she felt during the fight- every scratch, every bruise, every throbbing sensation that assaulted her body was just a drop in the bucket of what she owed Aurelia. And, as the golden girl gathered her snake and ran off, leaving Kahlua as the rightful victor and queen of the draconian forest, the Sunshower became a torrential downpour. Tears fell from her eyes and any remaining bit of strength she had been holding onto flooded out of her body. She stood, her body shaking with the sobs and the girl chocking out a terrible noise as she tried to come to terms with what she had done.

How could she call herself the Sunshower anymore? She was nothing but Kahlua the Murderess.

As for herself, the queen did not bother to assess her injuries. She had puncture wounds to her left hind limb where the snake had bitten her. Appropriately, there was considerable swelling from the venom. Kahlua was only lucky that Shilva (may she rest in peace) was not a more venomous type of snake. The right side of her head near her ear would be massively bruised and perhaps with a hairline fracture in one of the bones. She had stood so still and taken her punishment willingly, after all. On her rump, her muscles were tight and knotted, beaten like a peace of meat. Indeed, there were surely other injuries as well, but the heartbroken child was not interested in cataloging any of them. All she wanted to do was sink into a hole and fall to the deepest depths of the earth. She was no better than a monster.

So as she stood there on the grass, the sound of the waves crashing against the cliffs behind her, Kahlua did not call for her friends or family. She could not bear to be a monster in their more worthy presences. What would they think of her, anyways? Surely they would not want her as queen despite the fact that she had won her challenge. They would want her exiled to the farthest reaches of the Helovia, or farther if they could convince her...

A new round of tears feel from the girl's eyes, the sobs causing her headache to return full force. At least it was a continued penance for the terrible crime she had committed. More pain. She deserved it all.

@[Resplendence], @[Alysanne] (if you want to join).

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah

The fight was over and Alysanne was back on the ground, wasting no time in trying to make up for basically everything else she had done today. Too much had happened all around and this day just really needed to end. But not before she made it right. There’d be apologies all around but one needed to come first. “Kahlua.” The fight had been won and though there were some thoughts spared for Aurelia the main focus was not going to be the filly that attacked their Queen and friend. She wasn’t even sure how she would handle being face to face with that one The focus wasn’t even on the fact that congratulations were in order. It did not feel like a congratulatory moment, the look on Kahlua’s face was hardly one of relief or triumph. She wouldn’t be the mare that Alysanne had grown to love and consider family if she was bouncing around gloating after what had happened.

And the feeling that she had betrayed Kahlua twisted Alysanne’s gut and made her stumble over herself to get to where the queen was - all the usual grace gone from her movements. Hemlock leaving his post in the trees to try and find Resplendence, try to find someone else to help. Sad eyes looked at the injuries that could be seen and though she had been focused elsewhere for the majority of the fight - she was sure that there would be others from the blows.

Why fights were used to settle anything she still didn’t understand. “Oh sweetie. Where does it hurt?” ‘I need to heal you.’ She thought she had been doing the right thing when she had stopped Kaj but now seeing this, seeing her injured, this was not right. No action that left Kahlua beaten would ever be right.

Those apologies stuck in her throat, however. First thing’s first - get her friend healed and whole. How selfish would it be to try to plague her with apologies to try to sooth her own mind? Besides, this was even if Kahlua even wanted to be near her right now… if she had seen how she had stopped Kaj, well - Alysanne wouldn’t blame her if she was mad.
Alysanne</style>
I lit a flame in my heart to guide you home.</style>

image credits
table by boom <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
She wasn't sure what had been happening lately. The world had been spinning - spinning perhaps a little bit too much. In fact, because of all the spinning she had been trapped in her own world. Nightmares plaguing her sleep, sliding over into her day and haunting her steps each time she took in any air. She wasn't moving forward, no - she was stumbling backwards.

There seemed to always be a light gleam of fear in her eyes these days - more so then she had since she first joined the Edge. It was definitely pulling her apart, but she was trying so hard to be strong for her family that needed her. As she moved around the rim of her garden, eyeing it for any weeds or dead plants, a fluffy creature began to make his way towards her. It wasn't Valiance, though, for his red form was darting down towards her withers in concern of the advancing companion.

However, when Res caught sight of him she tilted her head to the side and allowed her quiet voice to speak up. "What's wrong, little one?" she murmured before Hemlock gave a chirp and then turned to go back toward the cliffs. Assuming that meant she was needed, she took off at a trot (the quickest she could go without going ahead of the little one) and sent Valiance ahead to look over the area. Uncertainty, and concern, about the well being of her friend. Was Alysanne so hurt that Res was needed? Was she in such bad condition that she couldn't help the others?

Valiance, sending back the image of Aly beside Kahlua, had Res moving even faster until both Hemlock and she were only a few feet away from the pair. Valiance spun around above them all before attempting to land on Kahlua, if she so allowed.

Kahlua was hurt, though. Res could see her swelling leg, the bruises that battered her frame, and her head with its bruises slowly beginning to swell. Res shot forward as the painted equine sobbed. "Kahlua! Kahlua, what's wrong? What happened?!" she called, bodice pulling up right in front of Kahlua. She would not jump off the cliff unless she pushed Res off with her. "Kaj and Quil will make whoever did this to you hurt. They won't get away with it - they won't!"

Then, before Res started her poking and prodding, she turned to Alysanne. "Alysanne. Are you hurt too?" she questioned, concern lacing all of her features. Only a couple seconds as she waited for an answer before she delicately began to prod around Kahlua's body - waiting to see where she winced and feeling bad at the same time.

She would make her better. She would make her sister whole.
Resplendence
i don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Kahlua

Kahlua watched as Aly headed towards her, came rushing and stumbling to her aid, and her head only reeled with horrors. Aly looked... sad, concerned, motherly. Looks that Kahlua would normally expect from a friend, but Kahlua was no friend. Slowly, the queen tried to back up, wincing terribly as she put weight on her injured hind limb. But she couldn't be close to Aly, couldn't taint her beautiful friend with her own despicable ways, and so she tried to distance herself in order to save the beautiful Moon Doctor. Vision as blurry as it was from the tears, Kahlua did not even notice that Hemlock had flown from Aly's side.

But as Aly spoke, and Kahlua tried to squeak out an answer, she was interrupted by the form of the red dragon coming to land upon her. Kahlua winced, attempted to shy away, but everything hurt to move and she was weak. She was a coward and even though she deserved the pain she did not want it. She let the dragon land, who was followed closely by Resplendence. And though Kahlua again tried to step away, Resplendence blocked her way. And besides, even in her panicked, heart-wrenched state, Kahlua knew better than to try and escape her sister's prodding nose. There was no escaping Resplendence, when she put her mind to it.

“No,” she insisted between gulps of air and winces as Resplendence touched the places that hurt. “No, you don't understand. Aly, Res, I deserve this,” she insisted, looking wildly from one mare to the other. But of course, Resplendence didn't know. Aly knew, Kahlua had seen her there in the air, stopping Kaj from interrupting. She had been upset, but now she was glad. Kaj should not have been a part of this. Not at all. So she tried to explain her story, stopping to get air when she had to.

“Aur- Aurelia. She challenged me, and she ran off, but... but- Oh god!” More tears as she tried to get to the part where she was a killer. It hurt her to the very soul because she was going to rip apart the very bonds that held her to her friend and sister. “But Shilva, the snake. Res... Aly saw it. Maybe. I didn't mean it. I... I didn't... It wasn't my fault...” the more she talked the less she made sense until her story culminated in a tumultuous crescendo. “I killed her!” But she was weak, so weak, and even though she knew that Aly would shy away in disgust, Kahlua still tried to collapse her neck over her friend's shoulder, to press her eyes into the mare's wings, and to cry herself silly. If this was to be her goodbye, she couldn't stand to leave without touching her friend one last time.

Was there ever a time she was with Aly when she wasn't a disastrous, emotional mess?

@[Alysanne]

It was easy to assume that Kahlua backing away from her meant that the painted queen was upset with her - hurt by the betrayal that had taken place in the sky just moments ago. She readily accepted the pain that new distance caused, quickly covering it up as it flashed across her green eyes.

Hemlock returned with Res, the other doctor showed up with all the care and concern that Alysanne had come to expect from her. After asking a series of questions of Kahlua, she turned to Aly who shook her head quickly in response. “Oh no dear, I’m fine.” She had yet to use the healing powers awarded with the position she found herself in and did not want the first practice to be on Kahlua - so Res’s presence was all the more appreciated.

Her attention had been focused elsewhere for most of the fight, with Kaj and the dragon-mare that had joined with Aly to try and stop the angry descent of their king, so Kahlua’s quick recount of the challenge was the first time that she heard about Aurelia’s snake companion being hurt. Or killed! The very first time she had met Kahlua, the mare had been in tears. Alysanne had not turned her away then and neither would she do so now, welcoming her as she came forward and hugged her, sobbing into the soft feathers of her wings. A concerned look was cast toward Resplendence before touching her cheek softly to Kahlua’s neck. “It’s okay, cry all you want honey. But you’re right, this isn’t your fault. They were attacking you, what else were you supposed to do? Let them?” Like I did because Alysanne was a terrible friend, truly. Why her instincts had changed from getting between the two mares herself to stopping Kaj from doing the same she still couldn’t say. It wasn’t Kahlua’s fault - it was hers. She was there, she could have stopped all of this - stopped their dear friend from being in the pain she was in now.

But, this wasn’t the time for self-pity. It never was when there were others around she could focus on instead. Aurelia should have known better, there was only so much that you could blame on youth. Had she forgotten so easily the conversation with Ampere or did the blue mare’s passion just leave so little of a mark. To ask your companion to fight with you! And the loss of the little life did make her sad but there was no disgust, no anger. How could she possibly stand here listening to the sobs of Kahlua and even think of pushing her away? “Please, let Res heal you - let us. I’m so sorry that you were alone for the fight but we’re here now and we're not going anywhere.”
Alysanne</style>

image credits
table by boom <3
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Wincing. She was wincing almost everywhere. This was not good. Her sister was not allowed to feel this pain. Res would have taken it on herself had she the ability too. She was accustomed to the waterfalls of pain that tried to soak and suffocate her. She could deal with it - her sister, she was afraid, might not be able to.

"Shhhh. You far from deserve this." But the wild eyes told her that Kahlua was already being suffocated by the weight of whatever terrible thing had happened. The stuttering of the name of their Seer with the words of a challenge caused Res's soul to burn with an anger she hadn't realized had even existed. "The imbecile, ignorance must run in that one's blood." she hissed as her sister began to sob more, turning to Aly for all the comfort.

Pain shot through Res's heart. "It's okay, even if she's dead it was self-defense, Kahlua. I know you wouldn't ever wish that on anyone…" She didn't want Res to comfort her… Sadness radiated through her eyes as the anger burned in the deep recesses at the mare who had challenged her family. Eyes meeting Aly's were broken as she tried to accept that her sister didn't want her. "I'm healing you now, sister. It will be okay…" she whispered- doubting the painted equine was even listening to the words that had fallen from her maw.

So, she tried to concentrate, feeling the power of the Moon Goddess as the dark wisps of the shadows began to accumulate around her - around her sister and friend. Carefully, they wound around each of her injuries, reducing the swelling, getting rid of the weak poison, even pushing some of Res's energy into her frame. She tried to give her strength. She tried to be there. And, as soon as the shadows dissipated she took her steps back.

Did her sister even want her here? "Aurelia is ignorant. She does not understand the bonds of family and chooses to break them. She must learn, one way or another, that family is the only thing that matters.." she whispers, the anger still somewhat lacing her tone as she shakes her head. And, with a small tear sliding down her cheek she manages to speak up, "Do you even want me here?" If she didn't then Res would give her sister her space. She would not get in the way - but she would also ensure that she did not try to jump off a cliff. So, Valiance curled up in the mare's mane, cooing sweet nothings to attempt to comfort that which was Res's sister. And, Res stood awkwardly about a foot away in emotional pain and flickering anger at the firebird who had caused all of this pain….
Resplendence
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Kahlua

She was feeling so many feelings and the childish, emotion queen did not know how to deal with any of them. How could she learn to accept devastation as a daily part of her routine? How could she live knowing that she had created devastation for someone else that was so much worse than her own? Most importantly, how could she stand beside these saviors of her heart and soul- these mares she called friend and sister- when her black heart would try to mask the sunshine that radiated from theirs? They were questions for the ages that the painted woman could not answer, nor try to answer, nor even think about.

At least she was accepted by her winged friend, allowed to fall into the mare's warm embrace, Aly's benevolent heart holding her to the ground while Kahlua unfairly unleashed her grief, quite literally, onto the woman's shoulder. The words that were sent around- Aly ensuring her that it was alright, Res affirming the fact that she knew Kahlua did not mean it- went in one early and out the other for the poor painted girl. They were nice, too nice, and they were just doing what they did best. Surely, underneath their layers, they were wishing Kahlua gone from their sights and memories, cursing the gods that they had ever known her. How could they be thinking anything else?

But despite her insistent words and her endless sobs, they would not leave. Aly continued to stand and comfort her, Res stated as fact that she would be healing her and amidst the wispy smoke, some of their words began to stick into Kahluas head. We're here now. The bruises on her rump began to heal. We're not going anywhere. The pain in her head subsided. She must learn, one way or another. The poison was leeched from her limb and the pressure was released. Do you even want me here?

Kahlua wanted to answer, wanted to scream that she wanted them here and wanted them never to leave but that she did not deserve their goodness. But still crying, still shaking, how could she say anything? Wildly grasping in the darkness, Kahlua latched onto the first thing she could find- her magic. She hoped she was not asking the Lady Moon too much, having just been healed by the goddess' magic, but this situation called for a lot of help. Kahlua released the calming wave upon herself and, unwittingly, the group around her. As the seconds passed, she felt her tears subside and her wrenched heart slowly relax. The wild thoughts that has raced through her brain slowed to a reasonable pace. The queen was, if still heartbroken, at least calm.

“Oh Res, Aly, I always want you here. What would I do without you?” She looked earnestly between them as she backed up to give Aly some room. Her puffy blue eyes displayed her honest heart. “But you couldn't possibly want me around... I've... Look what I've done.” Calmness had brought her the ability to speak without screeching incoherently but it did not change her outlook on life. “How can I stay in this peaceful herd when I am nothing better than a murderess?” Her eyes then trained on the floor as she awaited their responses, certainly assuming the worst- that she was right and they would not have her here anymore.

OOC| Kah used her rank magic.

@[Alysanne]

A soft whicker escaped her when she spotted Res standing so close but so far - beckoning her to join them. A group hug might be a little awkward but it was needed. Kahlua needed them both - it wasn’t a matter of Alysanne being there to comfort and Resplendence being there to heal. Weren’t these two mares practically sisters? There was a bond there that the winged Alysanne had no intention of severing or coming between. They were all friends, and they were all needed.

After the healing mists had receded, Alysanne felt Kahlua’s sobs lessen against her and, simultaneously, she felt calm leech through her. Not realizing that it was magic, the painted pegasus was left with a remarkable lightness in her heart where the worry had been eating away at it just moments ago. It would be back, of course, but for now she felt soothed - as though her friends had been the ones comforting her.

When Kahlua stepped back, she felt a surge of cool air replacing the warmth of her friend against her skin - chilling her. Though that loss of contact (for Alysanne did so love having her friends close) hardly mattered. Despite the calming of the sobs from their wonderful queen, Kahlua still had her doubts about how they could remain her friend.“I would not label you a murderess, sweet Kahlua. Never. There are… accidents and that is what this was.” She could only imagine the turmoil going through the paint’s mind at the moment (never having been put in such a tragic position herself) and oh how she wished she could take away all of that pain. A true murderess would not be so remorseful over her actions, would not be so worried about being accepted back into the herd. That was Kahlua, the kind and loving Kahlua that Alysanne had quickly grown to love after meeting her. “Were you not protecting this peaceful herd? If Aurelia had won…” The fiery filly would have brought turmoil. It was what she did.

“It’s okay to mourn but the Edge needs it’s champion queen,” She spoke this lightly, suspecting there was little relief in winning considering what else had occurred - not to mention just how much the Edge loved their queen, champion in battles or not - “- and we need our friend. Of course we want you around. Always.” Green eyes remained focused on her, willing her to hear their soft voices - to let the words sooth her, if only just a little bit. This was, Alysanne could imagine, something that would bother Kahlua for some time before her heart let it go. Now she reached out with the intention to bump her muzzle against Kahlua’s gently. “You would not be the Kahlua I adore if you did not feel guilty about this, you’ve got the biggest heart of anyone I know. But please, try not to let it bother you. We’re all… not peaceful sometimes. Especially when ourselves and our family are threatened.” If they chased everyone out anytime they were not the perfect embodiment of peace, there would be no one left in the herd!
Alysanne</style>

image credits
table by boom <3
made by the lovely tamme

It hurt her, knowing that her sister was going through so much pain. It tore at her heart and pulled at each and every fiber of her being. Her sister did not deserve this, and the fact that she was saying nothing and only sobbing was beginning to confuse her even more. She shuddered, stepping backwards in an attempt to offer the mare her space since she wasn't speaking. She had Aly, after all, and as much as it hurt it seemed as though that was all that she needed.

However, as a sense of calm seemed to spill over the area, she was told that she was always wanted here. "You would continue to be strong, and bring joy to everyone around you," she whispered in response to her question. The world could keep turning without Resplendence, that much she knew. A gentle sigh escaped her lips and a shake of her head was given as Alysanne responded to the next comments which fell from the mare's mouth. Far more delicate words - all focused on Kahlua. She simply nodded her head. "Murderer's kill in cold blood, for no reason. I watched it happen to my best friend... that's the reason I wanted to become a healer. If I'd know how to heal I might have been able to save her, to save Rowan from that black unicorn with bronze markings. I don't know his name - but he just continues to fill my nightmares regardless. Kahlua, you could not live in anyone's nightmares. You are not a murderess..." she insists, pain swirling through her features as she stumbles back a little, eyes sliding shut. She tried to push the memories from her mind, but it all hurt. And so, she chose, instead, to stand there and try and run through them without crying, without panicking.

Kahlua could never do this.
Resplendence
x - x
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Kahlua

Was she really so lucky as to have friends that would never leave her, even when she had done something so horrible? She could hardly believe it was Alysanne who was speaking, and not some dream she had conjured. But a few blinks of her puffy and a sharp bite on her tongue, just to check, confirmed that she was awake. This was reality. It was both good and bad. Good, for these were truly her friends. Bad, for she had truly been attacked and caused such destruction. And though she often felt like the youngest sister in this group of three, today she was most thankful for it. The wisdom that came pouring from Aly's lips, from Res's lips, gave her pause to consider the situation from their eyes. She had just been doing her duties... was it true?

And when Aly began to speak again, Kahlua closed her eyes, trying to block out the surroundings but hear the words. She was certain there was wisdom in them, if only she could find it. When Aly's nose reached forward and touched hers, she smiled, blowing a warm stream of air through her nostrils. The words that followed... she could think of nothing that had ever made her feel so good in her life. You've got the biggest heart of anyone I know. Leave it Aly to know exactly what to say exactly when she needed to say it.

Res followed up with words that were equally as heart-felt and equally as heart-warming. A story of the pink mare's past, a past which Kahlua knew pained her terribly but knew little else of. Opening her eyes, she copied the motion Aly had made, reaching her muzzle out towards Res, trying to help chase away the demons. Kahlua knew what it was like to have nightmares and she heard the screams that woke Res from the night as much as she was certain that Res heard her screams sometimes. “Thank you,” she cooed to them both.

And she would have stayed here forever in their welcoming arms surrounding by their conciliatory words, but there was one more she needed to consult before this terrible day was over. And the herd would need to be informed... Ah, there was no rest for the weary when the weary were kings and queens. “I've got to find Kaj,” she said as she shifted to and fro. “I... I just don't know what I would do without you two. You're my best friends in the whole world.” And so she gave each of them another hug, another nose and neck thrown over their withers before she began to leave, looking longingly over her shoulders. To just spend the rest of the day, until the sun sank over the horizon, with those two would have made her nothing less than the happiest mare in the world. But Kaj would need to know. Little did she know he was facing his own terrors at the moment.

@[Alysanne]